Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Body Fat Scales and more--Expert advice needed.

I am so excited because before I stopped dieting my bf was 33%. I took almost a year break and my scale says my bf% is 28%. That makes my lean body mass 130 lbs.

If I want to be 22% body fat--I would have to be 163 lbs. Or have 33 lbs of body fat.

I think the scale is right because my measurements give me the same body fat percentage in the online tools. Do you think it is right?

so according to that I have 20 lbs to lose. Someone in the know take a look at my pic and tell me if that sounds right. 20 lbs. Or should i aim to lose more because of the event of losing lean body mass through dieting alone.

someone else's post made me think that I might be aiming a little low with my goal. The online tools still say I am obese at my weight. But that I have a 27% body fat.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #2  

Thanks to Mel, in weight and resistance training--i figured out I need to expect to lose 20% lean body mass. Which would make my new lbm 104 lbs. +33 lbs fat = 137 lbs total.

Mel said if I was weight training--i could maybe lose 15%. But I don't heavy weight train, so I picked 20%.

As I get closer to goal I will evaluate my lbm.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #3  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

My scale meassure body fat and all that jazz too. I think it is rather accurate. At least I am really hoping it is.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #4  

Sarah, you can take your measurements and use some online tools to calculate body fat% with that. If it's pretty close or dead on. The scale is good.