Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again.......#224

QueenB
10-06-2002, 12:41 AM
WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME! :wave:

QueenB
10-06-2002, 12:59 AM
Well, I am here and I still haven't given up on my resolve yet. I am here to tell you that I am going to get this weight off of me. :cb: This is what I am thinking......... I am going to create a journal. I'm going to buy one of those 3 prong binders, some colored paper, some markers and some type of motivational stickers. (kinda copying Alison's journal Duckie) I am going to have a cover page....something to the effect of "Tina's Weight Loss Journey" or something like that. The first page inside will be "My Story". Then I will have my weightloss pages. I do not have a scale in my home and I do not want one. I am really bad about weighing myself too much when I have one, so what I am going to do, is once a week, I am going to the mall and weighing myself on that stupid scale that says, "HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR WEIGHT TODAY?" :fr: The reason I choose it is because it will give you a printout of your weight on that day. Every week I will attach this paper to a selected page showing what I have lost and I will track the total. After each 5 lb loss, I will get a sticker. I have a lot of star stickers that say, "YOU DID IT!" and "GOOD JOB!" and things like that, so I will use that.
The next section will be my measurements page. I am going to take my measurements from the beginning and track those as well. The next section will be my exercise and water pages. I am going to make those in calendar form and will check off each day that I do my exercise and how much water I have drunk. In the very back, I will have my food diary and what I have eaten each day. Dh will be my official photographer and take all of my before, after and progress pictures. I'm going to try to make this very fun and exciting and as positive as possible. I'm not exactly sure yet if I will be following the points plan or just try counting calories and fat grams. That is yet to be determined. I think that WW is a wonderful program, but it is ultimately up to ME to lose the weight.

Here is what the first page will look like.

Sunday, October 6, 2002

MY JOURNEY

My name is Tina. I am 32 years old, married to a wonderful man for almost 15 years, have two wonderful sons and I am fat. No easing into this...it is a fact. I am not chubby, pleasantly plump or mildly overweight. I am FAT. Period. But that is about to change. Not overnight, of course....even though that is what we all want to happen. We all want to take this magic pill.....this fantastic potion that make all the fat melt away and it's time that we face facts. THAT is not going to happen. There is no easy solution to weight loss. I'm here to tell you that it is HARD. It is VERY HARD. If it were easy, no one would be overweight.
I am also, from this day forward, taking responsibility for the weight that is on my body. Sure, I could blame my Dad and say that it's his fault. He is an alcoholic, he made fun of me my whole life and wouldn't know what the word "father" meant if it came up and hit him over the head. BUT, he didn't hold me down and shove in the biscuits and gravy. I could blame my Mom. She is a nervous wreck and the poster child for Prozac and is always in the midst of a huge catastrophe because of my father. She kept an iron lock on the fridge when I was growing up and was always ready with "the look" & comment, "Do you really think you need another piece, Tina?" I guess in a way I should thank her. If she hadn't of ruled the kitchen with an iron fist, there's no telling how overweight I would be today. BUT, she didn't tie me to a chair and poke in the fried chicken. I could even go so far as to blame pregnancy on my extra weight and the fact that I piled on close to 100 pounds with each child, but they also did not force any food into my body. I did it. I picked up the fork....spoon....whatever and piled the food in. I had only the help of three people.....me, myself and I. I put junk into my body, therefore my body is now junk.
I know this journey will not be easy. It will be the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I WILL do it. There will be times I will slip, but I will pick myself up, brush myself off and continue on. There will be weeks that I will hit plateaus and weeks I will even gain, but I will forge ahead with the knowledge that if I am eating healthy, exercising and drinking my water, the weight will come off. I hope to have the support of all of my family and friends in this journey, because I will certainly need it.

Here is some inspiration for me for the times I feel like quitting and I'm sure there will be many. This was posted on my favorite website 3FC by a dear friend:

You've failed many times, although you may not remember.
You fell down the first time you tried to walk.
You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim, didn't you?
Did you hit the ball the first time you swung a bat?
Heavy hitters also strike out.
R.H. Macy failed seven times before his store in NY caught on.
English novelist John Creasey got 753 rejection slips before he published 564books.
Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times, but he also hit 714 home runs.
Don't worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.

I'm going to TRY.

Tina

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I'm going to go now, but as you can see, I have truly been thinking alot about this.....I think at this point in my life, I am truly ready to get the weight off my body. I want to thank each and every one of you for being such a light in my life. No,
Kat, it's not time to break into a chorus of "You light up my life"...... :lol: I just need to tell you that you guys have saw me through some really stormy times in my life and you have always been my safe harbor and for that, I truly love you and want to thank you. A person should only be so lucky to have the friends I have in you. :grouphug:

2cute2Bfat
10-06-2002, 01:38 AM
Oh Tina.... that was just AWESOME !!!!!
I smiled and I wiped tears from my eyes.
Oh how I admire you.

Someone VERY SPECIAL to me sent me this prayer.
I want to share it with everyone here too.

Dear Lord:

Every single evening
As I'm lying here in bed
This tiny little prayer
Keeps running through my head.

God bless all my family
Wherever they may be,
Keep them warm and safe from harm
For they're so close to me.

And God, there is one more thing
I wish that you could do.
Hope you don't mind me asking,
Bless my computer too.

Now I know that it's not normal
To bless a mother board,
But listen just a second
While I explain to you 'My Lord'.

You see, that little metal box
Holds more than odds & ends.
Inside those small compartments
Rest so many of my FRIENDS.

I know so much about them
By the kindness that they give
And this little scrap of metal
Takes me in to where they live.

By faith is how I know them
Much the same as you
We share in what life brings us
And from that our friendship grew.

Please, take an extra minute
From your duties up above
To bless those in my address book
That's filled with so much love!

Wherever else this prayer may reach
To each and every friend,
Bless each e-mail Inbox
And the person who hits Send.

When you update your heavenly list
On your own CD-Rom
Remember each who've said this prayer
Sent up to God.com.

Amen.

QueenB
10-06-2002, 03:58 AM
Awwwww, 2cute, how very special you are to me as well. How very special you all are.....my cyber family. :grouphug:

Well, I'm back on here to tell you what I just did. I just came back from Walmart. :) Yes, I know....that in itself is nothing to jump up and down about, what is exciting is what I bought. (On a side note....yes, I am supossed to be at work, but what they don't know won't hurt them) Besides, I was on a break. :smoking: (not that I smoke, but you get the idea) :lol:

Anyways, if I could get this story told......here is what I bought: I told you earlier I was going to get a binder...what I had in mind was one of those hard plastic ones with a clear plastic front that I could make some type of cover sheet & put inside, but when I saw this binder, I just HAD to have it! It is kind of a black velvety material with wild designs all over it.....bright hot pink, orange, turquoise and purple shiny butterflies, thumbs up, exclamation points, flowers.....just all types of designs. It's by Lisa Frank if any of you are familiar with her kind of stuff. It also has a zipper all the way around, so that will keep things protected for me. It was normally 9.96 on sale for 7.50. I got some colored paper to go inside.......bright orange, hot pink, turquoise and yellow. I got some markers and some smiley face stickers with all the same colors. I thought it was all very bright and cheerful and I am so excited and I can't wait to start working on it! :cb: I also got the cutest hot pink mini stapler to go with it. AND........I am proud to say.... I fought off all my temptations to walk back to the deli section and get a bag of chicken tenders. That evil voice in my head :censored: said, "Come on....one last hurrah! One more bag won't hurt." Well, I'll have you know, I kicked that feller's butt and said, "No! I'll not do it. I will not fall victim to temptation." (not aloud of course, because you know, I am in Walmart at 3:00am and if you've been at Walmart at that time of the morning, you know what kind of people hange out there) :yikes: Of course, I was there, so that's not saying much! :lol: Instead, I went over and got me a can of vegetable soup and some fat free saltines and as a treat, I went to the dairy section and got some low fat vanilla yogurt with oreo sprinkles! I can feel that strength coming on now!! :strong:

I also saw my old driver's ed teacher while I was there with his "friend" buying cupcakes. I don't know really why I mentioned that, I just thought it was wierd. Anyways, I am getting off the computer for a little while so I can work on my journal. Thanks again guys. I will see you tomorrow!

Grannie39074
10-06-2002, 08:43 AM
sorry I missed chat DH decided he wanted to go see a movie. We saw Red Dragon.

katrinabgood
10-06-2002, 10:09 AM
TINA!
:cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

With a MOST honorable mention to 2cute :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: Thank you for sharing that, it was lovely and so true.

Damn, girl...I didn't think I needed tissues to read the posts this morning! I am so proud of you!! I'm so glad to see you back and all pumped and ready to face this thing head on. Me too! No more excuses. What a great plan! Your book sounds awesome...you're going to be one journaling demon! :devil:Hear that, Lucky?

I am proud to say that not only did I go the the gym this morning...I walked the treadmill for 20 min, used the weight machines for 15 minutes AND took a 45 min AquaRun class! After working all night! With no nap beforehand because I had to do the TaeBo tape so that I could get my exercise in for the day!

Whew...I'm gonna crash and crash hard...TIMBER!!!! Look out below!

Mary...how was the movie? I'd like to see that. Maybe if we were on the Hannibal Lechter diet, we'd lose faster! (who'd eat?)

Okay, I'm very punchy now...must go cop some ZZZZZZZZZs. :yawn:

I hope I don't get bumped for too many smilies.

Is WalMart really open 24/7? I wish we had one.

Love you all...see you later.

LuckyLadyBug
10-06-2002, 10:59 AM
Kat, We can make our own chat room there. When I clicked on “new” it says password so I think we could open our own room and then we would know the password to get in. What name should we call ourselves?

YES, Kat, I heard the “snide” comment about journaling.

You don’t have a Wal-Mart by you in New Jersey??????

Tina, WOW you make me proud and jealous. I have always intended to make “forms” but never take the time thinking it doesn’t make much difference. I know that isn’t true so it’s form making time at my house too!!!!

Between you and Thin I don’t know whose job I am more jealous of!!!!:dz: You know, you don’t really have a “job” like the rest of the world that hates what they are doing!!!! You are lucky!!! :dance:

:idea: …..and a good one!!!! :cp: What about pictures of Mr. Stewart on your papers? I used Mark McGuire on some of mine once (not for weight loss, but hmmmmm). Just reminded me of what working out could do…..

Warning I KNOW my weight is a low self esteem issue for me so I may be posting about this as I have noticed it helps to tell someone instead of just thinking/knowing it myself.

Off to make some charts…… Thanks for the inspiration, Tina.

Hey, we can see how much we can lose before Malia comes back…I bet she won’t recognize us!!! :lol:

katrinabgood
10-06-2002, 02:41 PM
I'm BACK!

This is what's for dinner tonight, courtesy of 3FC...it looks like cool weather food, warm and comforting....cuz it's actually cool and breezy today...low 60s...I love it! Makes you want to go pick pumpkins or apples or something. I'll just go pick some potatoes out of the bin and make this instead...oh I love a good potato dish! Irish, naturally!

Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Serves: 8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups skim milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt or seasoned salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder (optional) 1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cooking Instructions:
For sauce, in a small saucepan, stir together milk, flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, if desired. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in onion. Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole with nonstick spray coating. Place half of the potatoes in the casserole. Top with half of the sauce. Repeat layers with remaining potatoes and sauce. Bake, covered, in a 350*F. oven about 65 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with parsley.

I have a ham steak to cut up and add to this, will have to adjust points accordingly. Big green salad on the side and that's dinner! Can't wait.

It says 2 points per serving...I just realized that must be as a side dish...I'll let you know the points value with the ham added.

Okay, I'm outta here...

PS...Yes, Lucky...we DO have WalMart in NJ, but none near enough for me to pop in at 3 am, or any other time for that matter!

LuckyLadyBug
10-06-2002, 05:39 PM
Well, Chicks, I practiced exercising today. I did 3/4 of a Sweat & Shout tape and one of my belly dancing tapes. The belly dancing one really makes me work my feet and I need that. At least I hope this works out. I have fibro and it is always in my feet so I hope this will help them feel better...once I have done it more than once. :lol:

Now I have to get my vitamin order ready and then make dinner. I haven't eaten yet today. I can go a long time without eating and it doesn't bother me. MY problem is once I start eating combined with stress, boredom, sadness etc I don't stop. Eating protein has really helped that because it seems to fill me up and make my tummy happy....:cp:

So, do we want a chat room and what should the name on it be????? Then we could designate a couple times a week that, if available, we could chat away.....so speak up on the name and times/days that would work.... I will keep a record and let you know the result...deadline for replys is .... Thursday.... cause that's the day I get my hair cut.....:dance:

SaraJoy
10-06-2002, 05:56 PM
My BIL's b-day dinner was good last night; I escaped the sushi (sorry Kat) and had grilled salmon instead! Yummy! We didn't actually get home from Toronto until 4:30am though so we slept most of today! :o

We're SO lazy today. I have chicken breast defrosting in the microwave right now but I'm not sure what I'm even gonna do with it. I WAS trying to come up with something creative but we'll probably just end up slicing it up with a bunch of oriental veggies and throwing a bit of oyster sauce on it! If you haven't tried it, it's delicious! I make a bed of rice for the stir-fry for my hubby but not for myself (as I'm avoiding carbs in the evening!). Hmm... maybe a big salad too!

Tina... Your weightloss journal/scrapbook sounds like a wonderful idea! I think it's great that you've set such a clear plan in front of yourself! That's really the key, I think. People need to decide that THIS time there is no giving up and commit to the long-haul... and then do whatever they have to do to set that plan in motion! Yeah for you for not giving in to that "one last snack" before starting... The time to start is the present! :)

Kat... You're doing AMAZING with your exercising! I've been doing lots of weights and sit-ups recently but, sadly, have been slacking on the areobic stuff! Outside is just not as appealing to me now that's it's so chilly here. Hmph. Well... time to do something about it I guess. Either get my butt out there or get a gym membership!

Hey! Where have all our newbies disappeared to?! Shells, Tontoy, Sweetpea, Ms. Chris, etc... Where ARE you guys? We miss you!!!

Gotta check on that chicken. Be back in a bit!
Sara :)
270/195/150

2cute2Bfat
10-06-2002, 06:43 PM
Hi all... my day is not going well at all. :(
I had hoped your posts would cheer me up... but to no avail.
I am going to get out of this house... be back later.

(no big problem... just nothing is going right for me today.) :rolleyes:

SaraJoy
10-06-2002, 10:48 PM
Hey! Just thought I'd let you guys know. I actually made a couple of online journal entries tonight! My journal has just been sitting there empty for a week or so... so I thought I'd fill it up!

You guys are wonderful!

QueenB
10-07-2002, 03:13 AM
I'm only gonna be here for a few minutes (famous last words) because I am exhausted. :hypno2: I got off work this morning at 7:00 and got to sleep somewhere around 8:00 and then was back up at 11:30 to get ready to watch the race! On that note I would like to add that TONY is #1 in points!! Woo Hoo! Ok, don't get me started on that, cause you know I could talk forever about the man!! :foot:

Anyways........WHERE IS EVERYBODY TODAY? I bet with the nice weather everyone is out having a good time. Good for you! :dancer:

So, I have been up all day with only those 3 1/2 hours of sleep and this energizer bunny is about to run down! I just stopped in to report that I have been OP all day and I even did my WATP video--the one mile walk! :strong: I hope all my fellow chickies are doing as well as me today. Take care and I will see you all tomorrow!!

I am outta here!!! :faint:

Grannie39074
10-07-2002, 07:40 AM
I'm here
Not much going on
Red Dragon was good
Lets do start our own chat room, I'm game if you are

Arabella
10-07-2002, 08:12 AM
Tina, I just have to stop in to congratulate you on your resolve! I KNOW you're going to do it, and it's because you've really made up your mind. Your approach is one that I've done before when I've been very successful, and I intend to take a page from your book. Reminds me of a quote from a John Irving character: "you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed." Well, I think we're all a bit obsessive, else we wouldn't have this problem. We just have to use that ability to focus on things that will lead us to health and happiness. Once again, Kudos to you and thanks for the inspiration! Let's do this thing! :cb: :cp:

tontoy
10-07-2002, 09:25 AM
Hi everybody?

QueenB I saw your picture on a previous posting. You are a pretty girl and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I am just going through reading everyone's post. It is like having morning coffee with the girls!!! I had a pretty good weekend. I didn't eat past 7:00 pm and I drank over 60 ounces of water each day. The hard part for me is the food. I love everything friend and I am trying to get away from that.

My husband told me today that it looks like I have lost weight around my thighs. I know I feel a lot better. I weighed 244 pounds three weeks ago, and I think I will weigh myself on Wednesday when you guys weigh yourselves. I am hoping for at least a 5 pound weight loss I just want to get into the 230's.

My 2 year old daughter kept me up all night sneezing and coughing from allergies. I get to work at 7:30 am and they just called me at daycare and said she has a fever and we need to come and pick her up. What a wonderful Monday!!!!

Luckily my husband is off today and he can go get her. Have a good day everyone!!!!

katrinabgood
10-07-2002, 11:02 AM
Good Morning, fair ladies!

I just got back from working out at Curves...they finally opened one in my town, not 5 minutes from home. YAY! The other one isn't all that far, but the time that I used it fell right smack into rush hour and it took me forever to get there...I AM NOT A PATIENT GIRL! I HATE TRAFFIC! Boy, am I living in the wrong state! I think Montana would be good...but then I would be pissed off at having to drive so far to get anywhere...Catch 22...

Geez, I'm barely into this post and I'm already rambling...

Babette! Hi there! Has the 21 day challenge morphed into something else? I haven't noticed the board lately. Anyway good to "see" you...how are you doing? Pop in here anytime...we're always open!

Lucky I'm thinkin'! I'm thinkin'! Trying to come up with a catchy name that's not too cheesy..."Lucky's Duckies?" "2cuties Patooties?" :sorry:

Tina, How goes it, chickie? I was thinking about you at work last night...so impressed with your resolve and determination, and I realized that we all start out that way...so excited about our new program and just so gung ho. Eventually, that newness wears off and it just becomes another chore, and this is where the resolve starts to fall by the wayside. And so we start to cheat...a little...and then a little more...until we get to the point where we think, "Well, that's it, I've blown it, once again. I'll never do this, I'm a failure, I may as well eat, it's the only thing that makes me happy." We need to find a way to work through those down days, and not get cought up in the same old cylcle of start/stop/crash/give up/start again. I once had a WW leader who made us all say together, at the beginning of every meeting, "You're in it for the long haul, baby!"

All of this is my way of saying, dear Tina, if you have a shitty day or two or three...write it down in that fancy schmancy journal!!! Write all the crappy feelings you are experiencing, as well as the good and write down what you may have eaten. Forgive yourself. And then move on.

This advice is for all of us, myself right at the top of the list! Hey, what the heck? We've tried it the other way and that didn't work...let's be kind to ourselves, we've been too demanding for so long. If it isn't done perfectly, it isn't worth doing at all, right? ...Don't we apply that to dieting? "I cheated and had a cookie, I blew it again, may as well empty the cookie jar and start again tomorrow...oh but it's the weekend, I'll wait til Monday." Exercise? "I'm so fat I can't do anything, my muscles will hurt then I won't be able to do it the next day. People will laugh at me. I can't afford a gym membership." blah blah blah...

I say it's time to STOP THE STINKIN' THINKIN'!!

Stepping off the soap box now... :soap: I can hear the collective sigh of relief!

I'm done now...I wanted to do replies to everyone, but I have run on long enough...so I'll just do that later, when I come back!

yeah, that's right...I'm comin' back...and I'm gonna keep on coming back til I get the job done!!! So there!

Off to bed I go...love you all...

tontoy
10-07-2002, 11:23 AM
KatrinaBgood what a great message. You are so right though. I am so gung ho right now drinking my water and exercising but I know in a month I need to keep that same determination. I have never stopped working out but my eating was way out of control. It is amazing how many calories can sneak up on you in a day. I bet I was eating about 3000-4000 calories a day. I would have 2 (16 ounce Pepsi's) thats already almost 600 calories and I haven't even gotten to the food yet!!!

But I will not dwell on the past, I am going to keep going I am going to get into a size 14 if its the last thing I do!!!

Duckie25
10-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Good day my fellow loser's,

Bein very busy this morning trying to catch up on the weekend mess, not that that's taken care of I can turn my attention to you guys, The weekend flewby so quick it doesnt even seem like I had to days off. I swear I'm busier at home than I am at work, my feet were killing me last night from being on them all day.

Well today is weigh in Monday for me, and I can hardly contain myself, Sorry If I gloat or bragg but I lost 5lbs last week and I'm so proud of myself. Just show's what a little hard work will get you, actually I don't find this dieting stuff to difficult anymore. I also bought the WATP one mile, and a pair of 2lb weights on Saturday, really enjoy the tape, very quick but hopefully effective. I will lose this weight.

Tina you go girl, sounds like a great idea, you may have a few people copying you hope you don't mind.

I need to boogey off for awhile will check in later, chow

bobsgal
10-07-2002, 03:46 PM
Congrats on your 5 lb loss Duckie. That's awesome. I lost 2 more lbs this week. That's a total of 21 lbs since July 29. I also have the WATP tapes. I have the 1,2 and 3 mile as well as the weighted balls. They are great. Very good workout. I do the 3 mile on Mon, Wed, and Fri, the 2 mile on Tues and Thurs, and the 1 mile on Sat. I also try to go for a nice 45 min brisk walk when the weather is nice. Sunday is my free day although I just started a bowling league with my son. I never used to like exercising, but now, I don't feel right if I don't do it. I think my Christmas/ birthday present to myself this year is going to be a gym membership. I just can't afford it right now, but I usually get money from my family so I'll put it to good use. I want to start weight training and use some of the cardio machines. For now I'll keep doing what I've been doing because it seems to be working. Tina- your journal sounds like a wonderful idea and just the thing to get you back on track. You can and will do it. Well I've gabbed long enough.
Steph

SaraJoy
10-07-2002, 04:45 PM
I have had a lovely morning. I'm off all day today save for this evening when I have to go for more volunteer training at the Sexual Assault Support Centre (SASC). A friend of mine dropped by for lunch and we chatted happily while eating yummy lite homemade chicken ceaser salad and sipping small skim milk cappaccinos. She is heavy too (and absolutely gorgeous... like a plus sized model) and trying to eat well so it was nice to have a healthy eating companion! I actually ended up giving her some of my "old" (as in bought 3 months ago) clothes that are too big! It was nice because I think it kinda seemed like Christmas for her... and it made me feel good to actually SEE where my old/newish clothes were going instead of just dropping them off in the Salvation Army bin!

Duckie! Oh my god! Congratulations! 5 pounds is awesome! You're doing SO well! A couple more weeks like that and you'll pass your mini-goal! Yahoo! I say, GO AHEAD AND BRAG! You've earned it!:smug:

Steph... Two more pounds down is awesome too! 21 pounds lost is a great total for just over a couple of months! It sounds like you're really going to town on that exercising too! It's great! :D

Baylee... We need to have party here when you finally have all your dentist's appointments finished! Yikes! They're no fun! By the way, I'm just as lost as you are when it comes to the papaya! :lol: I'm glad to hear that you're back on track and eating healthy! Just like Kat said, forgive yourself and move on! It's the only way to succeed!

Tontoy... Yikes! I totally can relate to you saying you had previously been eating like 3000-4000 calories a day! I musta been way up there too! I can't believe that I now consume about 1/3 or even a 1/4 of what I was before! And... I'm happier than I've been in a long time! :)

Kat... Wow! That's great that a Curves opened up so close to you! I'd LOVE that! SO convienent... can't have any excuses now! :lol: Seriously though, your exercise lately has been amazing! :)

Mary... Hi! Any news on a job for your son?

Well, gotta get to some SASC reading materials before I go to training tonight so I'm gonna jet! Be back later tonight!

LuckyLadyBug
10-07-2002, 07:59 PM
Kat You are so funny…how about Kat’s Kitten’s….I was scared to come and post until I journaled…. Yep…I did it. Well, I still have a couple hours to go. I did my Sweat & Shout after work before posting here but couldn’t get out of bed at 5AM this morning so I missed my planned morning routine. You had better keep coming back even after your job is done…we can’t go on without you!!!!

The drivers in the wide open spaces are WORSE than in any metro area. I drove in Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco…never got upset. Here they are lucky I don’t carry a gun. :mad: There aren’t many of them out here on the prairie but they drive terrible!!!! :headache:

Tonboy So true for me too…I think we sooooo underestimate the quantity we eat.

Duckie Yippee…:cp: for you….this is my :dance: for you!!!!

Steph Another loser…good for you…I guess I have to :dance: again!!!!!

Can you tell me more about the WATP’s….

I do aerobic tapes ( love how I act like I have been at it for years!!) but my feet hurt.

Off to eat chicken and lettuce….

QueenB
10-08-2002, 03:26 AM
.......that has been my day. :dz: So far, so good on my resolve. I drank my water, ate way within my points and I am about to do my WATP video right after this post. :strong:

I was very pleased when I went to the mall to weigh tonight. Well, not pleased...... but surprised, I guess is more the word. Of course I knew that I had gained some weight back since I left WW, but I thought.....honestly, that I had gained just about all of it back. The last time I went to WW, I weighed in at 288.5 and when I weighed last night, I weighed 311.1. I've only gained back 22.6 lbs. I don't want you to think I'm saying only 22.6 lbs. but that is far better than what I thought I had gained back. So that was definitely a plus. :smug:

Now here's the worm I found in the apple I called my day. :( Trey had a football game tonight. (that was good) They won the game. (that was good) BUT, here's the bad part: My Mom decided to go to the game and she brought Dad with her. She & I sat in the stands together (we were on the top row of concrete stair-type bleachers sitting in those fold out chairs) while Dad stood behind us, rattling his carkeys, making rude comments the entire game, such as........"Gee, how much longer is this going to last? I thought it was supossed to be over in an hour. If I come to one of these things again, I need some earplugs." Lovely things such as this. But here was the kicker. When the game was over, (which he declared, "Thank God.....let's go home") I stood up to fold the chairs my Mom & I were sitting in & as I was folding hers up, he looked at mine and pulled out the tag so he could see the part that said the chair could hold 225 lbs and that anyone over that weight sitting in the chair could not only cause damage to the chair but could cause physical damage to themselves and said, "Did you see this? I think you violated that limit Tina." :mad: I swear to God girls, if I hadn't of been in a crowd full of people, there is no telling what I would have said. I was so mad I wanted to die! Of course, my Mom was no help at all.....she said her usual feeble, "Oh Frank, leave her alone." I know it's wrong to hate........but I swear I come so close, it scares me. :eek:

But you know what? In the end, I won. Because I didn't cry. I didn't let it cause me to come home and eat in a frenzy. I'm trying my best to not even dwell on it, but I had to tell you because you understand. Dh was not there when he said it. If he had of been..............well, if he had of been, my Dad would not have said it. When I told dh what he said, he was so mad. I can't even repeat here what he said. Needless to say, I just put another nail in the coffin as far as my dh's feelings go towards my Dad. I try not to tell him when he says things, because he dislikes him so anyways.

Anyways, I will not let this get me down! HE will not get me down. From this point **** I will not think about it anymore tonight and I'm gonna get my butt off this computer and go do my walking video!! Thanks for listening!

LuckyLadyBug
10-08-2002, 08:09 AM
Tina, I feel angry at your Dad too. Keep telling yourself he doesn't know any better, but you do. You are a good, kind person and that is very important. It is difficult when remarks come from our parents but you did the right thing. Tell us and get it out, then move on.

I have to go 'ditch walking' tonight so I will call that my exercise. We walk a four mile ditch area and pick up garbage. Anyone want to join the fun, we start at 4PM!!! :yes:

I did get up at 5AM and got in my 8 min Tae Bo and Yoga to start out my day. My body is so stiff I should do Yoga 24/7. :lol:

SaraJoy
10-08-2002, 09:59 AM
I just have about two minutes before I have to get myself ready for...get this... a film shoot! A friend of mine's godmother is directing/producing an amateur film and I'm going to be one in the extras in the bar scene she's shooting today! I have to get all dolled up and head off to a local dance club... at 11:00 a.m! I have to take off a bit early to teach piano later this afternoon but I'm sure the scene will be rapping up by then. It's a vampire movie! Who knows? I might be an extra in the next "Blair Witch"!

I actually got an email from my mom this morning saying my sister got some really bad news about her Lupus yesterday and was too upset to call us and let us know! I'm SO worried! I'm going to call her in Calgary in a bit but I was waiting for a while because it's two hours earlier there than here! That's SO bad because she was just starting to come out of a relapse... and now I don't know what's going on! She's only 33, has a 2 year old...

Tina... I feel angry at your father too! He's so miserable! You are an amazing person to have survived his nastiness! While I know you don't like to fuel your hubby's rage with info about your dad, I think it's wonderful that your dh is so protective of you! It's nice to be loved, eh? :)

Well, I've gotta take off for now. Be back this evening.

j-ann
10-08-2002, 10:42 AM
:wave: Hi Ladies,

I'm not trying to avoid you or anything. Things are just so hectic I haven't had more than a minute or two to post. I'm trying to stay OP but still not anywhere near as good as I'd like to be. Skipped :( my meeting again. I've got to force myself to get my $ss there next week!!!

Sara: I'll say a prayer for your sister. Have a great time as an EXTRA......What fun!

Tina: I used to have an uncle who always called me "Pudge" no matter where we were. It always made me sooo angry, but if I responded he'd just be worse. I finally told myself to consider Pudge an affectionate nickname and just ignore it. Guess what, when he stopped getting a response from me, he quit calling me by that name. He was one of these people that like to cause a ruckus.

DUCKIE, STEPH and anyone else who lost this week "HURRAY". Give yourself a pat on the back.

I have to get back to work now and I'm going to dinner and to see a road company perform South Pacific tonight.

I'll try to find time for a nice long post tomorrow. :wave: BYE!:wave:

2cute2Bfat
10-08-2002, 11:21 AM
Good morning friends. How is everyone today.??

Tina... bless your heart. I know exactly what it was like for you. It is my mom that makes those kind of comments around me.... untill this last visit home. I offered several times to take my dad to see mom in the hospital. He always had some sort of excuse. Finally he said the walking was too much for him. (You have to walk miles practically). I told him I never expected him to walk to her room, that I would push him in a wheelchair just like my sister does for him. He paused.... then he said... "you're incapable to push me." :cry: I told him I was not unable to push him and I had been walking those halls 4 times a day for years now. It is no different than pushing a grocery cart. That hurt my feelings so bad. I was used to mom's constant remarks... but not my dads. Add that to him telling me how FAT my brother is getting and blowing up his cheeks. :rolleyes:

Anyway.... I am sorry for going on about myself. I wanted to send {{{ HUGS }}} to you. At the next game if he comes simply say... "Dad, we come to 'enjoy' the game. If you can't enjoy it then please sit somewhere else so we can."

Got to run. Hello to all of you newbies. WELCOME !!!
I don't even recognize half of us anymore. :lol:

katrinabgood
10-08-2002, 01:05 PM
How is everyone today?? All's well on the Northeastern front...It is currently 58 degrees and just as sunny as can be! Oh, I love the fall! Leaves are just starting to change color...I WILL get out later for a good long walk with my doggy. She is LOVING the change in Mommy...all these walkies we've been taking!! I did get over to Curves this morning, I have been trying to do that and something else each day, but it is my fallback, in case I can't walk or get to the gym. I must say I have exercised EVERY DAY for the past 7 days in a row!

Tomorrow is WI...not Wisconsin... I know there will be something good, I can feel the difference in my scrubs...which are usually worn fairly baggy. I had a pair that was significantly tightening up around the "sub-gut" (the lovely roll under the belly button!) and it's definitely looser now! I can also see maybe one less chin. I have a scar underneath my chin that becomes visible when the chins grow. (from hanging down) . Pretty. Well, I think I've regaled you all with some lovely images of myself!!

Tina Good for you on getting past the insensitivity of your father. Consider him a perfect example of how NOT to treat your kids and move on. Ditto on how lucky you are to have such a protective, caring hubby. Focus on that, and not on what an :censored: your father is. You know what they say, "...you can't pick your family." {{{{HUGS}}}}

J-ann... I was wondering where you went! I love South Pacific! 'Some Enchanted Evening..." I wish I could make musical notes...Have fun...and get back to your meetings!

Sara... Can I have your autograph? That will be a lot of fun! A few years back, a friend and I were extras in "Turk 182." Our scene was filmed at Giants Stadium, here in NJ. We were dressed for a cold football game...IN JULY!! I like your scene better! Prayers for your sister, hon.

Lucky... I've heard of "streetwalking," but Ditchwalking? Hmmmm...hey! Whatever gets you moving! You go girl, with that journaling!

Duckie and Steph!! Our current LOSERS! :dancer: :goodvibes :cp: :jig: WAY TO GO!!!

2cute... You always have the best advice...I know that comes from rising above similar situations and being the better person. I always look forward to your posts. Hope to see more of you, (and that you see *less* of yourself!)

Baylee... About the papaya, I was going to say probably you cut it like you do a mango. I haven't had papaya in ages! mmmmm! I DO love mangos...we get the HUGE case of them at CostCo and can go through that pretty quickly. :T Hope your mouth is feeling better!

Tontoy... Don't you LOVE when someone notices you've lost weight? Esp your dh...I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Mary... You've been very quiet lately...busy as usual, I'm sure...how is the library?

THIN!! Where the heck are you?? Speaking of busy women!! Pop in a bit and give us an update! Miss you!

MICHELLE!!! COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE!! Now, I'll have to go grab Tina and Lucky and come kick YOUR butt! you see how well the threat worked on Tina?

If I missed anyone, forgive me...I have frittered a good hour away on this post! I still have to post my food and exercise @ WW. I had a great big 2 point omelet for brunch...3 egg whites (1), 1 tsp butter (1), mushrooms, spinach (0)...very filling! :T

See ya'll later! Have a great day.

PS...if you get some email telling you about a virus in your computer, coming from your address book, something about a teddy bear....it is a hoax. What the **** is wrong with people? Don't they have anything better to do than sit on the computer all day!?! not that I would know anything about THAT!

Be good...

thinthinker
10-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Hi everybody! :wave: Ok, I'm here for two minutes. :lol:

Had WI (not Wisconsin) yesterday and I am down 2 pounds! Now, before anyone gets too excited, two weeks ago, I was UP 3 pounds. So I'm just working on the same pounds one more time! :( Being down, however, has motivated me to continue to stay OP this week and see what happens. So far, I'm on day 2 and doing ok. :D

One more 'bra job' and I can call it done. Well, not really. I have 1 more box conversion to do, but I have taken on 2 more 'bra jobs' of a different nature for next week.

I was with mom all day yesterday, after WI. I took her to her echocardiogram and stress test appointments. You medical type people will understand this I guess. She couldn't do the tread mill or the arm kind of stress test so they gave her a drug for 4 minutes that was supposed to stress the heart, and then gave her the antidote for 2 minutes. Don't know how it works, just know that's what they did.

Afterwards, we stopped at Costco and I stocked up with freezer stuff. Stir Fry veggies, low fat Marco Polo stuffed chicken breasts, salmon, and cod. :T Now I have no excuse to eat out except like tonight where I have a 'dinner job'. :o

Anyway, gotta run. I'm headed to my mom's, the post office and then to hubby's work side of town for dinner.

You all have a great evening. I'll try to get back to some normal posting here pretty quick. I have such a hard time keeping my mouth shut as I read all your wonderful posts. I'm squirming in my seat not having time for individual replies. Please know that I'm keeping up with the reading and I think of you often. Love :love: to all.

Duckie25
10-08-2002, 04:43 PM
Is everybody hiding, this place is awfully quite today, got into work a little late today, so I haven't been able to post till now.
Was up all night going to the washroom, did my excercises last night and then sat down and drank about a litre of water and then went to bed, so I was up at about 10:30 to go pee, and then again around 12, and about 4 more times during the night, everytime I went to the washroom, then climbed back into bed, I felt an incredible urge to go pee again, so I'd get up try to go pee but nothing was happening, so when I woke up this morning I figured I better go see the doctor, figure I had a bladder infection, and of course I was right.:( So I'm trying to chug down some cranberry juice and lots of water, I still feel like I have to go pee all the time, but a least I don't have the burning sensation. I was wondering if drink calorie reduced cranberrie juice will have the same effect as regular cranberrie juice, there's about 80 cal different, and I don't need to be wasting all my calories on juice. I also got some antibiotics, so It should clear up soon.;)

Did my excersise's and had 3 mini chicken wing's some boiled carrots and a cup of yams, not to bad for dinner last night. Today one of our contract oil haulers outfits put on a BBQ for our field office, so I had one buffalo buger, half a cup of potatoe salad and macaroni salad, not to bad I'm stuffed, but buffalo meat is alot healthier than beef, really lean, so not to bad will cut back on supper tonight.:smug:

Tina, there's not to much weight difference between us, I'll race you to our goal's, just kidding :D Take your time and don't let what others have to say discourage you, you are a beautiful person, we may have alot more to love, and those that can't except us the way we are, are shallow miserable people, there the one's with the problem. I just sorry that it seems to come from the people we love the most, family. They think their trying to help us by making comments, but it only drives us to want to eat more. Good for you, for not giving in and staying strong.

Sara sorry to hear about your sister, hope it's not to serious. Hope we get to see the movie in the future, you'll be the next buffy.

Kat, you always sound like you have so much energy, send some my way:cb: I can't wait to get some of this weight of so I can take my son swimming, I don't think I could right now, it would be to humiliating. Don't think I could make myself wear a bathing suit, can't even wear shorts, very self cautious over my tree stumps:rolleyes:

Enough rambling for now, have a great day.

I see I'm page three, have we all agreed to make our thread longer, 4 or 5 pages sound good to me.

QueenB
10-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Do we change our thread to 40 posts per page or not? This post should be #31 and I'm itching to start a new thread, but we need to decide if we should stay with the 30 or move onto the 40? To be completely honest with you, I've already changed my settings to 40 posts per page. For those of you that want to do this and don't know how (don't hit me, just trying to be helpful) :) Go to your user control panel, click on edit options, and scroll down till you see Default Posts per Thread and just click on the drop down box till you see "show 40 posts per page" and choose it and then save your changes.......and wa la! There you go! :joker:

So, let's make some individual replys which I haven't done in a couple of days......

Duckie: Hey sweetie, sorry to hear about your bladder infection. I had one about 2 months ago and it about killed me! I ended up going to the ER, I was in so much pain and they said I had a urinary tract infection and gave me an antibiotic and some STRONG pain killers. Very nice. :twirly: I saw that we are very close in weight too......that's pretty cool. We can make this journey together......I guess all of us are in this together, me and you are just a little closer weight wise. Thanks so much for your support.......that is so awesome. Also, if you will look at the instructions I posted above, you can get all 40 posts on one page and you won't have to go to 4 or 5 pages.....I love it!

Thin: Hey girl......don't get discouraged about WI (not Wisconsin) I think you did awesome considering how much you have to eat out. It will be really nice to see you around here more often once you get your "bra jobs" taken care of. I'm so happy I know what you are talking about now. :smug: How's your Mom? Let us know.

Kat: I love the Fall, don't you? It is my favorite time of year!! I am so proud of you for exercising 7 days this week. That is so awesome. I bet those scrubs are about to fall off! Won't be long before your looking for a smaller size huh? Thanks again for all your support and cheering me on the last couple of weeks. I can't even tell you what your friendship.......all your friendships mean to me. :love:

2cute: Don't you apologize for going on about yourself.....that's what your supossed to do hear. My heart broke when you told us that your Dad said you were "incapable" of pushing him. What is it about family? I wish for one second sometimes, that they could realize the struggle that we go through and maybe, just maybe they wouldnt be so inconsiderate. Although, with my Dad, I doubt it. He's mean to everyone, not just me. He just sees my weight as a stumbling block and a weakness, and he loves to pick on other's weaknesses. It's how he makes himself feel powerful. :mad: Thanks for being so supportive, I have a feeling me and you are more alike than even we suspect.

J-Ann: Sooo nice to see you. I was beginning to wonder where you were at!! Hope you have fun tonight and I am looking forward to a nice long post tomorrow! Take care.

SaraJoy: Wow! A photo shoot? How cool! One day we might look back and say we knew you "when". :lol: I will say a prayer for your sister. I have a friend with lupus and I know that it is no picnic. Thanks again for all your kind comments and know that I am here for you as well. Knock em dead today!!!

Lucky: Wow girl......sounds like you have been busy!! If I lived close to you, I'd be right out there with you today in that ditch, my friend. Just the kind of exercise I need......although I am pleased to say I have done my WATP videos, twice this week already. I would like to tell you about the videos. Lucky....they are awesome! I absolutely love them. They are by a lady named Leslie Sansone and your not just "walking" in your home...there are several steps but they are all very easy and are low impact. They are DEFINITELY worth the $$$$. You should get them. I have tried Richard Simmons, but I just can't keep up....by the time I figure out what he's doing, he's already moved on and I'm lost again. You should see me........at a point, I just give up and just start shaking and running around the living room.......at least I'm moving. Give the WATP videos a try........you will LOVE THEM!!!

Steph: Thanks for the encouragement my friend. WE ALL need it from time to time. I fall down just like we all do, but I will tell you, I love my journal. I think people have a tendency to get mired down in their everyday life and they just don't make time for themselves. That's what I have a tendency to do.....I'm always taking care of everyone else and then I fall to the sidelines, but I have to take time for myself. I am important too. I'm doing this not to be selfish, but to LIVE. :)

Michelle: WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!! Get your butt back in here! :lol:

Hello to Mary & Baylee and whoever else I missed. I am thinking of you all. I'm gonna hop off here for now and go take me a relaxing bubble bath before I go to work & who knows? I might just be back tonight! You never can tell! Be good. :grouphug:

SaraJoy
10-08-2002, 09:29 PM
Well the film shoot went pretty well... I think I definitely made it into a couple of shots! Most of today's scenes were on the dance floor and all the extras had to start dancing on cue! I danced most of the afternoon! I'm pretty sure they got a few shots of me dancing because the director came over to me pulled my little see-through shawl over one shoulder because that's the way it had fell in the last shot! Yikes... I dunno if I WANT to see myself dancing on the big screen! :lol: It's just a small film that's gonna be shown in the Toronto area and entered into the Toronto Film Festival... who knows what after that?! It's going to be SO cool to go to "The Princess", our alternative movie theatre in Kitchener/Waterloo, and see the movie when it's all done!

Anyways, thanks for all the support re: my sister. I talked to her today. Her bad news is that the lupus is spreading to her eyes... she (and the doctors) are afraid for her vision. It just breaks my heart to hear all the things happening to my sister. I'm SO angry that Lupus is doing this to her and making her miss out on SO many things that people take for granted... like taking care of her 2 year old son! I feel a dull ache in my heart all the time for her!

Oops. Gotta get the phone!

Be back shortly!

2cute2Bfat
10-08-2002, 11:42 PM
Hi ya'll. :D

Since no decision was made on when to start a new thread... and ... Tina taught us all how to set our own computers to whatever setting we want... and since I have been doing 30 posts per thread for 2 years now and old habits are hard to change.... I am going to start a new thread. :p

So....STOP !!! Do not post here.
Come join us on the next thread... # 225
See you all there. :wave:

Mij
10-09-2002, 02:31 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and have two major disadvantages:

Firstly, I have never used a chat room before so if I do something weird or incorrect just be gentle with explaining the protocol to me.

Secondly, I have been reading quite a few of the messages and I definitely live in a different culture to most of you - Southern Hemisphere too so your seasons are opposite. I need to figure out what lbs is in KGs so that some of the messages make sense to me. And what the $%# is "queso"? (Feeling "queasy" means 'nauseous" over here.)

Tina: Your body is not junk. Your body is a miracle! Love it and be nice to it - even the soft fatty parts. Your writing sounds like you are going to inflict some dietary torture or punishment on yourself. P l e a s e be kind and loving to yourself.

I weighed myself at 90.25 kg this morning and I am 164 cm tall ( 5 foot three I think in imperial but I don't know what the kgs converts to). I have been at my ideal weight (long time ago) of 58 kgs, but whenever I loose some fat, I panick and put it all back on eg I was 72 kgs this time last year.

I am mostly vegeterian but not strict as I have fish sometimes, and I am basically lazy with any form of exercise. And I love reds esp cabernet merlots. I am often away with my job and spend many days eating at hotels and retaurants (yummy but not ideal for health).

Mostly I have been overeating to keep down the bad feelings (very similar background to Tina) and continue punishing myself - up until now. I don't need to do that anymore. I need to be kind and caring and loving to myself, and allow myself to be beautiful and allow myself to be attractive. I know this intellectually but it feels a bit scary to the inside me.

I hope I can contribute to helping others in their own quest for health and maybe share some encouragement and (veggie) recipes along the way.