South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 04:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Torrid Tuesday Talk

An early good morning, Beachies. The dogs decided 3:49 was a good time to have a howling practice so I'm up. I've no idea what today's temperature will be but it sure didn't cool off as promised!

Today will be another dog day around here interspersed with a trip to the bank for staff salary money and one to work the Food Bank later this morning. We have quart baskets of raspberries donated from a local farm to hand out this morning. That will be a major treat. Our Food Bank usually only distributes non-perishables. If there are any leftover berries, I'll buy them and freeze.

Just got an email from my soccer playing girls in Sweden with a picture. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...4&id=588816419 They are not in uniform and are just delighted because they beat a Swedish team yesterday in the cup. Aren't they pretty? The parents and chaperones are keeping an eye on things.

Hope your Tuesday is terrific and not too torrid.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! We're up early here, too.(Well, Bing and I) Extra pups are fun, but it seems the routine kind of gets splattered. Too many doggie hormones, I think. Your day sounds typical! Mine, too. Enjoy and I hope you get some extra raspberries. ETA-Great picture of the soccer girls! What a wonderful trip!

I'm up early continuing to try to get something accomplished. My Sis arrives later today and I think she'll take up residence in DH's office. Rudi walked yesterday so I'm just a really happy person today...pool later (730), too!

I got through my once a year cherry dessert yesterday (we picked pie cherries on Saturday). I planned one piece, had it, took and extra bite and stopped.

I think I'll locate Bing (and coffee!) and head outside for a weather check.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-13-2010 at 04:47 AM. Reason: ETA
Old 07-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early Chicks I sure hope you are getting more sleep.

Ruth - Those raspberries sound great. I'm sure they will be enjoyed. I need to get some berries in my freezer before they run out! Hope it cools off there and here today!

Debbie - Cherries sound wonderful. Everything sounds like it's moving in the right direction there - Rudi walking, help coming. I hope you will get a little more time for you again.

I'm not sure what my day holds but I doubt it's exciting. I still have a couple of admin/report things to finish off before heading to NY this weekend.

It looks like I've successfully negotiated a starting salary high enough to let me work 2 PT jobs, the best parts of the one I have now and a new one. I'll actually make more money, get better (and family!) insurance, and be able to try out the new job before jumping in all the way. I love learning new stuff so it sounds like fun. I've got to play with the calendar and figure out the transition date but it will be sometime in August.

Now I just need a little more coffee
Old 07-13-2010, 06:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning to you chatty earlybirds.
I'm up but have been busy getting a load of laundry started and cleaning the bathroom. Now for some coffee!

Ruth, that's a great pix of the soccer team. They grow them good up there in Canada. Raspberries are indeed a wonderful treat to find in the food baskets today!

Debbie, how wonderful that Rudi is up and walking! He's thriving with all the loving care that you've been giving him. I'm glad your sis is coming to help out and give you a welcome break.

Cyndi, I'm glad that things are starting to fall into place for you and turning out just fine.

It's raining this morning, and I'm wondering if Cindy will still take the girls to Dorney Park today. I'm supposed to have the day off but will keep half an ear cocked for the phone. It's not supposed to rain the entire day, and they are going to a water park, after all.
I'm planning to run over to Kohl's later to look for some tops, and a quick stop at the grocery, but I'm planning to spend the rest of the day here at home, just taking it easy.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi, Cyndi! I'm glad to hear the good news about your job(s)! It sounds like you have really worked out a great deal and one better than either employer will ever know. Enjoy your day without excitement...I'd gladly take one of those right now.

Hi, Linda! I hope you do get to stay home today and that the phone call never comes! I hope your Kohl's trip is successful. I just got 6 tops there for $7 each. It sure is nice to have something new that fits!

I've been enjoying my peaceful morning. I've really missed it. My kitchen is almost finished and I'm going to move to the office next. If I plan it right I'll have time to plant 2 hanging baskets and put some new shade plants in (yes, I hit the greenhouse yesterday). Now if an elf would come clean out the car everything would be done. Hmm...I have an hour before the patients start waking (we still have to carry Rudi outside). I guess I'll get to it!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning

Ruth - Great picture, cute girls.

Debbie - Great job on that dessert! I am inspired by how you handled that special treat.

Cyndi - Is NY for fun? Seems unlike your usual destinations. Or do you not mean the city? Jobs sound great!!

Linda - Enjoy your day off.

So today we are getting our furnace and a/c upgraded. But that means they will shut off the a/c much of the day and it is supposed to be in the 90s. I hope the basement stays cool enough. I did some cleaning yesterday and will finish tomorrow before our guests come. Off to work out with my mom soon.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Karen Have a great workout and try to stay cool!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks,
I got up at 5AM and finished up some slides I need for a meeting Thursday and sent out some resumes, so I decided I deserve a break and a visit with the chicks over my grilled veggie omelet. I’ve deprived myself of your support and guidance and missed it very much, although I’ve been happy to keep up with some of you on facebook I was at the doctors office yesterday and got weighed, but I closed my eyes. .
DH is home right now, and we recently got back from a week at the beach. The summer has been brutal. I am making my niece’s bridal veil, but not the dress, woo-hoo!. I’ll probably be changing jobs in the next couple of months and will lose my telecommuter status, which will be painful as I’m very spoiled after 5 years mostly at home. I guess that’s the headlines on me!
Ruth, your girls are adorable. They look like they’re having the time of their lives.
Debbie, I guess Rudi has had some problems? I’m glad he’s on the mend.
Cyndi, a new job for you too! Your arrangement sounds ideal. I am dreading salary negotiations.
Cottage, I hit Kohl’s over the weekend. My business wardrobe is pretty scanty, so I need to get some stuff for interviews, etc. DD made out – we got a bunch of stuff for her, nothing for me. I just wasn’t in the mood. At least I got some Kohl’s cash and I’ll go back with it alone.
Hi Karen! I’ve considered sleeping in our basement a couple of nights here recently.
Got lots more to accomplish today, so better get back to it before my coffee wears off. Have a great day!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Karen - so not the city. I am an upstate/central girl. I'm actually going to visit my parents though that may get moved because kitty seems to be getting sick again
Good luck with the ac!

Schmoodle - I am always happy to see you here Good luck with the job search. The flexibility here has been the thing that's stopped me from moving for a long time. The new job is a similar make your own schedule kind of place with plenty of opportunity to work from home. The downside is more nights and more travel (both good and bad). Hope something good turns up for you.

Okay, back to data and reports
Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! You all are so busy and I am being a sloth.

Got a late start on doing nothing today. I love summer when I don't feel guilty about being a bum. Other than trying to make "cake" out of that flax bread recipe (by adding cinnamon and nuts to it), I have absolutely no plans whatsoever for the day. Found out that I have a workshop at school all week long next week, so trying to do as much of nothing as I can this week.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Just ate not too long ago 'cause I had to catch up on sleep. I had fish for breakfast and it was awesome!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

Funny how a little change in routine can uproot you. I have been trying to get back to a normal routine. Changed all the sheets in the guest room but don't know why I do it because when we have company I rewash everything again.
Debbie - glad that things are calming down your way a bit
Schmoodles - nice to see you again.
Cyndi - glad that everything is falling into place for you.
Everyone else have a nice evening
take care
Sophie
Old 07-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hello Ladies! I keep up with many of you on FB but thought I would drop in and say hello :0)

Ruth- I bet those lil chickies are having a blast! What a great opportunity for them!

Debbie- Glad to hear that Rudi is still feeling better! Yum fresh cherries!

Cyndi- Good Luck with the new job! Hopefully you enjoy it!

Cottage- Kohls here is having a huge sale. I bought lots of goodies and you reminded me I have some kohls cash to use and a 30% off coupon!

Sophie- I sooo wish I could get a routine going! It seems nothing around me is routine anymore though!

Everyone else- hope you have had a great day!

Not a whole lot new with me... I will try to catch up soon!
Closed Thread