Old 07-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #1  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Red face Oh, the irony!

I bought a dress back in 1995 that I thought was so cute, even though it was too tight for me to wear. I have held onto that dress throughout dozens of moves, across provinces, countries and states. I kept thinking that one day, I would be able to wear it.

Well, today I remembered that dress and got it out of the storage closet. I tried it on and as well as being a bit too big on me, I realized that I don't even like how it looks on me!

So after 15 years, this dress is going in the Goodwill donation pile. Go figure.

Oh, I also tried on my wedding dress that was snug when I wore it 11 years ago - and it's too big!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

haha, that reminds me of the jeans that I had saved from many years ago. They were my first "goal jeans". I worked and worked, and finally the magical day came when they fit. Except the waist went way up past my navel and the ankles were tightly tapered. They were from the 80s and hoplessly out of style. I took them to work and tried them on for a co-worker; we laughed ourselves silly at how they looked, and how ironic it was that I could finally fit into them but now I couldn't wear them!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Oh my gosh, me too! I have a wool coat that I paid an absolute fortune for. It was my absolute favorite thing to wear back in the mid-eighties when I was slim. It hadn't fit in YEARS, but when I finally pulled it out to put it on-- well, sure it fit, but it had funny padded eighties shoulders!! I still have it though. It's the only clothing relic from my past.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #4  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Uber, the 80s and strong shoulders are back! Put that coat back in rotation, in the right season of course. I too have had this happen with a number of clothing items.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #5  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
haha, that reminds me of the jeans that I had saved from many years ago. They were my first "goal jeans". I worked and worked, and finally the magical day came when they fit. Except the waist went way up past my navel and the ankles were tightly tapered. They were from the 80s and hoplessly out of style. I took them to work and tried them on for a co-worker; we laughed ourselves silly at how they looked, and how ironic it was that I could finally fit into them but now I couldn't wear them!
Hey, the tapered skinny pants jeans are back in! I hope they stay in at least until I can wear mine again. LOL
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #6  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMary2 View Post
Hey, the tapered skinny pants jeans are back in! I hope they stay in at least until I can wear mine again. LOL
I don't think these particular jeans would ever be back in style. They were a weird combination of taperd at the ankle but very "mom-jean" at the top. With my thighs and butt, I just am not built for skinny jeans. They just looked so funny; we had a great time laughing at how silly they looked.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote