Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 09:23 PM   #1  

Default Would like to hear your testimonieson BFL

Dear Anyone,

Help@! I am desperate and very unhappy I want to hear about Body for Life. Let me know what you think about bill Phillips program.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:43 AM   #2  
Mel

Default BFL

Hi Vickip-

The programs works, BUT you have to work too, and really want it. Did you read the sticky at the top of the forum "basic Body for Life information"- or something like that. The program is based on 3 days of intense weight lifting and 3 days intense cardio (only for 20 minutes!), plus a way of eating which includes 6 meals per day, balanced protein and carb intake. There is very little measuring or weighing of food, and once you get the hange of it, it is really very easy to follow.

As for whether it works, hop on over to www.leanandstrong.com where many of us also post and take a look at the Transformation Gallery in the pictures section. These are real pictures of the people that post there. It definitly works! But it is not just a weight-loss program- depending on where you are physically, you may see more inches lost and muscle gains along with your clothing sizes going down, rather than instant weight loss. If you are very heavy, you will see a lot of weight loss, but remember, it is a 12 week program and at first you will be building muscle which weighs more than fat.

Lastly, to understand the program and do it right, READ THE BOOK! Also, stay away from the "official" EAS BFL site- they give out a lot of inaccurate information. Feel free to ask questions here- our main thread is the place to be!

Good luck, hope this helps!

mel (just finished C3)
Old 10-06-2002, 11:09 AM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Wow, Mel, can't think of anything to add...

Except maybe this - BFL is a simply laid out program and a GREAT way to get a feel for weight training and nutrition. Although the plan is simple, it does take planning, persistence, and discipline - but stick with it and it becomes easier and the rewards are SO GREAT...

Along with Mel, I encourage you to read the 'sticky' at the top of this forum...browse through the Lean and Strong Transformation gallery...READ THE BOOK, and don't skip the all-important "Crossing the Abyss" chapter - so much of this program is mental as well as physical... I'd encourage you to check out Mistress Krista's website as well (link in the sticky) for some great info geared towards women...

and DO hang out on our Main Thread here - feel free to ask ANY questions...we're all here to support each other...and take care sweetie!
Closed Thread