100 lb. Club - started my goal to lose 127lbs

View Full Version : started my goal to lose 127lbs

kaylz
07-12-2010, 04:34 PM
hi everyone :)

well today is the day i start my goal to lose 127lbs, which is alot and my motivation doesnt stay very long but by getting support from all you lovely people and reading success stories should keep me strong :D

I also need to buy new scales for my weekly weigh-in, so need to go and get them soon lol

im 19 and hoping to lose all my weight by my 20th birthday which is july next year so it gives me about a year to lose it

also does anyone have any good tips or advice for me to help me along??

thanks everyone ;)

steph15
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Welcome to 3FC! This place has been invaluable to me over the last couple of months. 127 pounds can seem daunting (I started with almost the same amount to lose). But, if you can break it up into more manageable chunks it does not seem so overwhelming. I have set mini-goals for myself as well as bigger goals, (15% lost, 25% lost, Onderland, etc). Just remember if you fall of the wagon on a meal do not let it derail all of your efforts. Just dust yourself off and get back on and keep plugging away. I used to let one bad meal turn into a weeks worth, then a months worth, and then right back to where I started. So just keep your eye on the prize and do not let anyone or anything derail you. You can do it! :)

Jessica88
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Welcome! We have about the same starting stats and I started about a year ago as well. Just stay focused on your goal and you will reach it in no time :) Good luck with your journey!

kaylz
07-12-2010, 05:21 PM
thanks everyone :) also i was wondering, is it true that its bad to eat after 8pm?

rockinrobin
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
thanks everyone :) also i was wondering, is it true that its bad to eat after 8pm?

Not as long as you stay within your calorie budget. You should plan it out though in advance. As you should plan out all your meals. This is too important to just wing it. Mapping out your food schedule in advance is a great way to stay on track. For me - it's the ONLY way.

What plan will you be following? How are you going to go about doing this very doable thing, as we all have the ability to lose the weight. :)

matt_H
07-12-2010, 05:31 PM
thanks everyone also i was wondering, is it true that its bad to eat after 8pm?

I'm of the opinion this is a myth. As long as the calories you consume fit into your overall goals/ calorie target, it doesn't matter what time of day you eat.

Welcome to 3fcs!

What is your strategy/ plan to lose the weight?

rockinrobin
07-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Haha. Matt and I posted at almost the same time and wrote practically the same thing. :)

kaylz
07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
lol hi well thats good to hear about eating at night :)

umm well im not following any specific diet, just doing the cut out sweets etc and so many calories a day plus 30 mins of excerise 3-4 times a week

roxmysox
07-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Hi! :wave: I also have 127 lbs to lose, well only 74 to go now, but that's where I started. Just take it 1 lb at a time! :)

matt_H
07-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Haha. Matt and I posted at almost the same time and wrote practically the same thing. :)

Cool people have similar thoughts ;)

sept15lija
07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Sounds like you have a great plan!! Stick with it and check in here and you will do great! Welcome!

Athenacapella
07-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Welcome! You can definitely do it! Don't look at it at 127 pounds, but take it in smaller chunks like other posters said.

SarahD140
07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
I now have 120 lbs to lose to hit my goal, and would like to make it by next summer as well!!! I chose every Sunday as my weigh in day, and listed every one from now till June of next year. Weekly accountability and having goals along the way will help a lot.

kaylz
07-13-2010, 08:07 AM
thanks everyone for giving me great advice and i think ill lose the weight in parts like all of you said :)

but thanks again and ill keep you all up to date :D

ubercast
07-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Good luck!

Don't lose that determination, and always keep in mind what is motivating you!

VickieLou
07-17-2010, 02:06 PM
:wel3fc: Kaylz. Find a food plan, maybe start walking some, and a food journal. There is a lot of support and information on this forum. Good Luck!
I have similar amount of weight to lose. I want to get down to 139 1/2 for Goal weight and then 4 1/2 more before I start maintenance at 135. So I have about 107 more LBS to go. We can encourage each other. I found being in the 5 LB Challenge is a nice way to get the weight off.