Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #1  

Default IP Weekly Chat July 12th - 18th

A new week, time for a new thread?

I've made it through the first 3 days of IP. I've been having at least 4 packets of IP food. I moved some veggies to breakfast because I was soooooo hungry and "nosh-y" yesterday. My body feels better today, so I'll try it for the rest of the week.

We'll see what the coach and the scale have to say about that later this week.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

thanks for starting the new thread lcw
Old 07-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Hello,

so I know that I had entered phase II about a week ago but to be honest my first week of phase II was a mix of phases III and IV and pre IP days (due to vacation). As a result I have (I think) gained close to 2 pounds. As of this morning I decided to go back to phase I again till I loose the 2 pounds and then back to phase II. As a note: my lindora stuff has come while I was away and now I believe everyone who said "they are the same" because they practically are the same thing and half the price of IP. I think that was another reason that I decided not to move too fast to phase III.

thats all I got for now.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #4  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Posted by Erin:

i will be going to my local bank tomorrow to find out what we can do. i woke my kids up this morning and just held them for so long. it's such a tragedy and i find myself tearing up at work about it today. gosh... _______________
Erin

Oh my gosh. My heart is just broken for Calgary girlie. My sons are college age but seems like yesterday they were toddlers. Her son was so adorable. Count me in for a donation and thanks for thinking of it and organizing it.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-12-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Posted by Erin:
i will be going to my local bank tomorrow to find out what we can do. i woke my kids up this morning and just held them for so long. it's such a tragedy and i find myself tearing up at work about it today. gosh... _______________
Erin

Oh my gosh. I heart is just broken for Calgary girlie. My sons are college age but seems like yesterday they were toddlers. Her son was so adorable. Count me in for a donation and thanks for thinking of it and organizing it.
A couple of ideas/questions ...
- should we use a Canadian bank?
- what about a donation to an organization in CG's or her son's name?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #6  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay View Post
Okay so my whole family and i mean my whole family thinks that im obsessed with weight loss. And they think that i need to stop the program because my goal is really unrealistic. so i wanted all your opinions. Im 5 9 and right now im at 166. im still nothappy with my thighs and midsection. I work out everyday after work for just an hour. i dont think that im obsessed. but do you guys think htat my goal is unrealistic?
ok, here goes...since you asked....

I too am 5'9" and worked as a model most of my life, even as a model (runway model) I can tell you that is UNHEALTHY ..especially for someone who does work out. Remember muscle weighs more than fat.

Focus on a SIZE you want to be rather than a number on the scale... I don't know your age but if you are younger you can also be causing some real damage to yourself.

As an ex model and still a personal trainer I advice for you to not go that low... God knows I'd love to be in the 19 BMI too but it is very difficult and for women it can be unhealthy. We have bodies made for having babies and that is why we have a higher body fat content than men do...

Let me tell you something, I was a size 6 at around 150 lbs so as I said before... look at the size more than the scale... I promise you we all obsess over that darn machine for nothing. Stay HEALTHY!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #7  

For Anyone who would like to donate in memory of CG's son Baby Michael

this is from the FB memorial page:

"Hello everyone,

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Michael. One of the questions we have been getting is about donations in Michael's memory. The family has chosen STARS Ambulance service for Mikey's charity.

Michael was flown by STARS ambulance a non-profit organization that saves countless lives and operates on donation.

https://foundation.stars.ca/SSLPage.aspx?pid=261

Is the link to make an online donation and at the bottom of the form you can fill out 'tribute information' that is where you can honour Michael. If you so choose STARS will also send a letter to Tom and Sam to let them know a donation was made. "
Old 07-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #8  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post

"Hello everyone,

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Michael. One of the questions we have been getting is about donations in Michael's memory. The family has chosen STARS Ambulance service for Mikey's charity.

Michael was flown by STARS ambulance a non-profit organization that saves countless lives and operates on donation.

Is the link to make an online donation and at the bottom of the form you can fill out 'tribute information' that is where you can honour Michael. If you so choose STARS will also send a letter to Tom and Sam to let them know a donation was made. "
Thank you, Erin
Old 07-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #9  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

"Hello everyone,

Sorry I dont have Facebook... what it their last name? STARS is such an amazing service... Yes, I hold my son a little tighter a little longer as much as I can, he is 15 months and is my world... I cant even fathom. We have a cabin at the lake in BC we are on holidays there next month... totally freaked by that. Thanks for getting that info out to us mama...

FYI - Kale chips not good packed in your lunch the following day ... very chewy and oily

Last edited by WannabeIP; 07-12-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #10  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

"Hello everyone,

Erin can you give us the facebook link too? Thanks.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #11  

Michael's parents are Tom and Samantha(Calgarygirlie) Horner.

Here's a link to Michael's Memorial Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...8171670&ref=ts

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-12-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #12  
Started IP 5/31/10

S/C/G: 241.8/223.0/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone,

Haven't been able to post in about 2 weeks. Just wanted to say hello and that I hope everyone is doing well. Here's to having a good IP week.

Erin,

Thank you for posting the info for Sam's son's memorial. I know all of us have her and her family in our thoughts.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Sandy: I read the label on the supplement you received. I can’t tell how it would be. I don’t know how much sugar was left in from the fruits. Maybe someone else can give you a good opinion. I hope you enjoy the new scale. What type/brand is it?
I think I'll follow Novak advice, and not add anything in the mix. Maybe I'll use it in maintenance phase, or maybe I'll not use it at all. We'll see

I enjoy the new scale, but I'm getting obsessed like everyone here I guess ! And I don't understand it at all hahaha. I was at 155.8 yesterday morning, and then, today morning i was at 158. Whyyyyyyy? I was feeling good with 155

Showgirlaz, are you feeling a little bit better ?

My scale is one made by Conair for Weight Watcher. It's not the best one, but I was not able to spend more then 40$ on the scale.. so I'm allright with it !

Tay I agree with everyone else, I think that your goal weight is too low ! Kate, Novak and Bevs have given some good explanation about the ''why it's too low''. Maybe shoot for a little heavier, and then, at this weight you'll see ?

Erin, thanks for the Info ! Here I'm not able to see Facebook, but I'll be sure about cheking that when I get home!

Last edited by 1FCuser; 07-12-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
I think I'll follow Novak advice, and not add anything in the mix. Maybe I'll use it in maintenance phase, or maybe I'll not use it at all. We'll see

I enjoy the new scale, but I'm getting obsessed like everyone here I guess ! And I don't understand it at all hahaha. I was at 155.8 yesterday morning, and then, today morning i was at 158. Whyyyyyyy? I was feeling good with 155

Showgirlaz, are you feeling a little bit better ?

Tay I agree with everyone else, I think that your goal weight is too low ! Kate, Novak and Bevs have given some good explanation about the ''why it's too low''. Maybe shoot for a little heavier, and then, at this weight you'll see ?

Erin, thanks for the Info ! Here I'm not able to see Facebook, but I'll be sure about cheking that when I get home!
Sandy: from my experience the digital scales are not consistant at all but of course I am only speaking of my experience and not sure what you have. I took the batteries out of my digital one and pretty much threw it away because it would do the same with me, even within an hour it would change a lot. I realized that I had to get on it a couple of times before it would show a steady number.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Sandy: from my experience the digital scales are not consistant at all but of course I am only speaking of my experience and not sure what you have. I took the batteries out of my digital one and pretty much threw it away because it would do the same with me, even within an hour it would change a lot. I realized that I had to get on it a couple of times before it would show a steady number.
I had pretty much the same experience with my digi scales... started driving me crazy, too obsessed, so I got rid of it... now I don't get near scales unless the Dr. orders me to!.. for IP, I'm going strictly by how I look & feel & how my clothes fit...

I hope you have better luck, Sandy... surely they've improved over the years since I bought mine...

hugs
Closed Thread