South Beach Diet - Argh...need a boost.

View Full Version : Argh...need a boost.

dizzylille
07-12-2010, 10:33 AM
So I'm STILL hanging out at 175:( AND since adding some things back to my diet (steel cut oats ,fruit,etc) I've been feeling all gassy and bloated--not nearly so much as before. But it still stinks. So I'm gonna go back to being super careful and see if I can get to losing again. I REALLY wanted to lose another 10 before I went back to school/work. Such a selfish girl:) Hope I can rev it up a bit:^:

WaistingTime
07-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Maybe you added too much? Or maybe your body is just going to lose slowlyyyyy. Hang in there!

yoyo no more
07-12-2010, 11:40 AM
I feel the same way! It's a tough feeling! Plus my fiance is losing weight too and of course losing 2x the amount I am with about 1/2 the effort needed. I just keep telling myself that we have to stick with it! If we are diligent we will get there!

femmecreole
07-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Just me, but try cutting back on the grains and adding more veggies. I try to only do one "grainy" thing a day or sometimes it works out with no grains at all. If I overdo the grains, I pay for it. Or, try differing the times you eat grains. I know I can only eat them later in the day or they make me want to eat all day long.

zeffryn
07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm the same way as FemmeCreole. Grains early in the day (like today, argh!) make me want to snack all.day.long. I try to have them at lunch if I'm going to have any at all, because late in the day they cause me to bloat a bit. My body doesn't react well to grains overall, but I know I need them, so I use them sparingly and in limited amounts.

murphmitch
07-12-2010, 09:30 PM
I've been feeling all gassy and bloated--not nearly so much as before. But it still stinks.

Your stinky comment made me laugh! My husband complained about my "gas" problem after starting SB. :o

Same for me with the grains as the others said. Oatmeal is usually my grain of the day. Some days I have fruit but only one serving. Are you exercising?