100 lb. Club - Accountability, plans, menu, exercise or other stuff...week of July 12

Beverlyjoy
07-12-2010, 06:12 AM
If you'd like a place for some accountability, put your plans, menu, exercise goals or other things - this is the place.

Feel free to join in!

LLH2010
07-12-2010, 07:28 AM
I don't know if I'm doing this right since it's my first time, but I'll make myself accountable for 4 workouts this week, all C25K and some yoga. I will also do my best to not eat more than 1500 calories per day.

MablesGirl
07-12-2010, 08:37 AM
My goal is to work out 3 times this week, and take my vitamin every day.

Beverlyjoy
07-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was mostly good - I ate extra last night. Stress eating for sure. I know it's related to the surgery and other health concerns I am facing.

Yesterday I had many of these red rashy spots on my skin. I thought...now what?? It feels very overwhelming as I face this surgery. Just don't want one more thing to pile on the stress of it all. Oh well - Today I go to my doctor for the pre-op testing. Hopefully we'll be able to figure it all out.

I will forgive myself and carry on with a healthy day. I am committing to do my journal work today and read things that reinforce what I want to be doing. That should help me get back on track. Meditation is in order too as I am feeling very stressed out.

breakfast - turkey sausage link, pnb toast, 1/2 banana

lunch - mushroom soup, cheese toast

snack - cereal, milk, fruit

dinner - 10 grain pancake, morningstar bacon, sf syrup - cold green bean salad

snack - yogurt/fruit

LLH2010 - WELCOME!!! Glad you posted. There's no right or wrong way to post at this thread. Sounds like you have good goals.

volleyballsis - WELCOME!!! Nice to see your post!

Everyone...have a GREAT day.

mj5
07-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--Oh no! Hope the dr can give you some answers about the bumps. Goodness, if it isn't one thing it's another....let us know how you make out!

LLH2010 and volleyballsis--Welcome!

Alrighty, the heat wave has officially broken (still hot, but not humid!!), so back to the gym for me!!!! I even brought my workout clothes into my office, so I'll change at work before I leave for the gym.

Have a great OP day everyone!

TXMary2
07-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Bevjoy- sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Sorry to hear about the bumps now!

Mj- have a great workout.

I am up .8 today after being 231.2 yesterday. the TOM flood has slowed down and I am still thinking about whether or not to go to the doctor. If it didn't slow down I definitely would have. I was so tired and fatigued yesterday. I ate on the high end of calories yesterday trying to get energy.

Today's plan is to be below 1700 and get some swimming in at the pool.

Slashnl
07-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi all. Not a good start to the week. I didn't make it to the gym. I overslept by a lot. Oh swell. I'll shoot for tomorrow.

Schmoodle
07-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey all, been away on vacations the last couple of weeks, but back to business today.

Menu:
B: grilled veggie omelet, V8, buckets of coffee (tired day)
S: mozzarella cheese stick
L: leftover grilled veggies mixed with beans and salsa
S: skim latte
D: cedar plank grilled salmon, grilled eggplant, squash, and zukes
S: ricotta dessert

When is your surgery scheduled BJ?

mj5
07-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone! I am swamped at work, so just a quickie post right now! Hope you are all doing well! I didn't make it to the gym last night. I WILL be there tonight.

ANewCreation
07-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Just popping in real quick to encourage everyone and let everyone know I'm on track. Chiropractor really helped me with my neck/shoulder issues so I'm back to swimming.

It's a busy, busy, summer! Enjoy!

mingle
07-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi, ladies!!!

So sorry it has been so long since I've checked - life has been positively insane. Work life & home life have been absolutely hectic. Had my nephews for a few days as my brother & sister-in-law had to go back to her parent's house, so an extra 1 year old & 4 year old really on short notice really threw me for a loop!

I've done pretty good eating wise. I'm sure I was over calories on Saturday & Sunday (I didn't track at all, which I was disappointed in myself about. And there was a lot of mindless, stress eating involved. Sigh.), & didn't get exercise in over the weekend except for some swimming on Sunday, but I'm okay with it & moving forward. Yesterday & today have been great. Calories have been on track & I got a 55 minute walk with the dog on Monday & 50 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical this morning. And I got on the scale & it seems to be maintaining. I'm not complaining. I know that if I don't keep calories pretty tightly in check, the scale just doesn't move. I didn't do what I need to do, so no use whining, right! :)

LLH2010 and volleyballsis - WELCOME! :D Glad you found this post - it's a really great way to help stay accountable.

beverlyjoy - I hope your pre-op appointment goes well. Thinking of you often & just hoping that time moves quickly & this is all behind you soon *hugs*

TXMary - sorry to hear your experience so much TOM issues. Take care of yourself!

mj - hope you have/had a great workout tonight!!

slashnl - hope you made it to the gym this morning :)

schmoodle - hope you had a nice, relaxing vacation!

ANewCreation - so glad the chiropractor helped with your neck & shoulder & you're feeling some relief! And back to swimming :)

Beverlyjoy
07-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Hi chicks! I've been dealing with lots of stress related to medical stuff. Somehow, I managed to stay in my calorie range yesterday. I am so grateful.

I will try and catch up later. Much to do.

Have a great day.

mingle
07-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Good morning, ladies :)

Beverlyjoy - good job yesterday. Hang in there :hug:

Yesterday finished well, so I am happy for that. And I was able to get my exercise in this morning, so that is over with :) a 25 minute Biggest Loser bootcamp workout & 20 minute hill climb program on the elliptical.

The heat & humidity is stiffling here today. I always worry about my DH, who does not work in A/C, during weather like this! Told him to drink lots of extra water today!

Hope everyone has a healthy day!!

Today's Menu:

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, 1 scrambled egg white, 2 turkey sausage patties, 1 banana
Lunch - 1 lean roast beef & ham wrap with lots o' veggies, 2 T. hummus, sliced cucumbers, yogurt, apple
Snack - yogurt, dried pears
Supper - mini meatloaf, steamed broccoli, wild rice
Snack - 1 thin bagel, 1 T. natural PB, sliced banana

mj5
07-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi everyone! I had a great workout last night! It felt SO good!!!!!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

sunflowergal40
07-14-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm new to 3FC. I found the website months ago, but because of painful days that led to surgery the end of June I haven't gotten on here for a while. I'm back and trying to find a place to get to know others and be accountable. Am I in the right place?

mj5
07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Good Morning!

sunflowergal--Welcome! You are in a great place!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing great w/ food choices and water. Exercise is so-so, but I'm working at it, so that's better than nothing!!! I am on vacation next week and rather than use that as an excuse to take a "break" from the gym, I plan on using it to get back into my routine. Hubby has to work most of the week, so I will leave the same time as him...he'll go to work and I will go to the gym. That way I will get my workouts in in the AM and still have the rest of the day to do whatever.

Have a great OP day everyone!

TXMary2
07-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Good morning ladies. I am up .4 from yesterday. I exercised yesterday for 45 minutes at the pool. My calories were 1800 something. Higher than I have been in recent weeks.....but yesterday was weigh day and I always allow myself more on those days.

Today's plan is to be under 1700 and to exercise at the pool again. I will get some extra burning today and tomorrow because I am installing floors in our classroom. Last time we did floors I lost over 3 pounds that week! LOL

I hope you all have a fabulous day!

mingle
07-15-2010, 09:55 AM

mj5 - great job on planning your workouts for vacation! It's fabulous that you have a plan in place!

sunflower - welcome! This is a great thread for support & accountability :)

TXMary - great job on getting those pool workouts in!

Yesterday was a so-so day. I stayed well within my calories, but I feel like I did too much "snacking" last night after supper. I need to get back to working on spreading my calories out more evenly across the day instead of "saving" them for night. I've said it before, but it's like I'm just doing little controlled "mini-binges." I stay within my calories, but there's no need (other than my perceived need of emotions!) to eat that much at night. It's a work in progress.

Exercise was good this morning - I did 50 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical for 4.4 miles.

My workplace is offering a really awesome wellness program right now. A certified nutritionist is coming in & doing lunch-n-learns a few times, & along with that, we get to meet with her individually 2 times. Yesterday was the second lunch-n-learn & next Wednesday is my first private meeting with her. She gave us goal sheets & asked that we work on 2-4 goals over the next week before we meet with her. Just wanted to share mine here as another way to be accountable :)

~ try eating 5 "mini-meals" per day on two days of the next week
~ eat something (even if it's small) within 1 hour of waking up on three days of the next week
~ journal my food every day (I always keep a running tally of the calories, but not always the acutal food. I've already brushed the dust off of my Fitbook! :))
~drink 16 oz. of water with every meal (I always get in plenty of water throughout the day, but tend to just eat, eat, eat at meal times. Hopefully this will help slow me down!)

I'm excited about this opportunity. It's free to participate in, & I'm really hopeful to get some good advice & ways to plan for success!

Hope everyone has a really wonderful day :)

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, 1 scrambled egg white, two turkey sausage patties, 1 banana
Snack - 2 T. hummus, raw cauliflower
Lunch - lean roast beef & ham wrap with veggies, apple, yogurt
Snack - yogurt, dried pears
Supper - Subway

sunflowergal40
07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Good morning all!

Mingle: That sounds like a great benefit at your workplace!

Ok...I guess if I want to be accountable I have to put myself out there, right? I have struggled with weight my whole life (10 lb at birth!). As I hit 40 I stumbled over the hill and have been rolling out of control since. I had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. I've lost 8 pounds since the surgery because my appetite wasn't much the first 2 weeks. I feel so much better that I want to keep the momentum going and start making changes that will have a lasting, positive impact on my quality of life.

So I got the go ahead from my doctor last Friday to exercise. I'm swimming laps and walking. I've got to start somewhere, right? :^: Thanks for letting me hang out with y'all!

Beverlyjoy
07-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi chicks....I am feeling a bit better - I am grateful for all improvements.

I have been struggling with my food. I've decided to do some meditation and deep breathing. This has helped in the past when dealing with stress and stress eating.

I hope folks are doing well.

today I will:

plan/log/measure/count calories
lots of water
mindful/slow eating
fork down between bites
eat seated only
stretches and strengthening
journal

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, pnb toast, fruit

lunch - going out....something healthy

snack - cereal, mik, fruit

dinner - chicken, ww noodles, steamed zuccini

snack - cheese and rice cakes, yogurt

Have a great day.

ANewCreation
07-16-2010, 10:40 AM
This has been a horrible busy week. I have eaten out every day, I have put on a good two pounds and I have eaten everything in sight. While I know that it is nothing compared to the old days (I take some comfort in this) I also know it's no way to lose weight. And of course I don't want to gain any either. This is a set back but I will NOT be derailed.

I just responded to a different thread where the op talked about a ravenous appetite precipitating a whoosh. I made a mental note to remember when this happens to me again (I have been soooo hungry this week--hence the eating everything in site) to just ride it out and see if I also experience a whoosh of wt loss.

I have to give myself some credit (not to make excuses but it keeps me from completely giving up) in that while I ate too much I at least chose to eat good foods 99% of the time instead of junk food.

I must also confess that I've neglected exercising this week. I've only been to the pool once. The treadmill is getting dusty :(

Okay, confession time over. I must get back on track and coming here keeps me accountable. Today is another busy day but I will be back. Today I will eat better. I don't know if I can exercise today but if not you can count on me reporting in over the weekend. I will either swim or be on the treadmill Saturday and Sunday.

TXMary2
07-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Good morning ladies.

Mingle- that's cool that your work is calling in a nutritionist!! Also, I have traditionally been a night time eater. I too always save to eat something in the evening. As long as you aren't over your calories, it really is OK!

Sunflower- Keep up the great exercise!! I love swimming too.

Bevjoy- I am sorr you are struggling - but your plan today looks good.

Anewcreation- I know you'll be right back on track. What's done is done and you recognize your mistakes and also acknowledge what you did right so that is great! Keep on keeping on!

I am down .8 from yesterday. My calories were 1588 and I did not get "real" exercise, but I did spend hours installing faux wood floors in our classroom so that counts a little :) Working on the floor more today AND taking the kids to the pool. As far as food my plan is to stay under 1800 today and have at least equal if not more protein than carbs.

mingle
07-16-2010, 11:24 AM

beverlyjoy - keep up with the meditation & breathing; I hope it offers you some relaxation. Heaven knows you deserve it!!!

ANewCreation - good job for recognizing all your accomplishments even if you've had an off week! Get right back at it today & I will see you around this weekend ;)

TXMary - installing flooring sounds like exercise to me!! Great plan for today & good job on your loss :)

Food was 100% on plan yesterday, thankfully. Got up this morning & did a 24 minute upper body interval workout & a 24 minute lower body interval workout. I felt like my arms & legs were filled with led, so it wasn't my most rockin' workout, but at least I got it in!

Most of last night was spent cleaning up after my little daughter who contracted some sort of stomach virus. I guess that's not all bad though, because after cleaning all that up, I certainly had no appetite to overeat last night! ;)

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy day!! :)

Today's menu

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg, 1 scrambled egg white, 2 turkey sausage patties, banana
Snack - 2 T. hummus, fresh broccoli & cauliflower
Lunch - strawberry poppyseed & chicken salad from Panera
Snack - yogut & dried apple fruit crisps
Supper - mini meatloaf, rice, & steamed veggies
Snack - WW ice cream bar, 1/2 bagel thin, 1 T. natural PB & 1/2 sliced banana

mj5
07-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone! I am trying to get stuff wrapped up so I can leave work on time (for a change) and be ready to enjoy my vacation! I'll get caught up w/ everyone later!

mingle
07-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi, ladies :) Hope you all are having a fun, relaxing weekend!

It is a million degrees out & high humidity here. We tried to get out this morning before it got too bad. We went to a festival this morning & I just spent the last hour picking up apples & sticks in the back yard. We have this old apple tree that doesn't produce anything edible, but man does it make a mess! We had a really bad wind storm here a few days ago (70 mph-plus winds!) that blew down quite a mess. But got most of that taken care of.

DH is being a grumpy jerk today & I'm trying not to get to angry at him :) We all have off days, right? And I'm not going to use his bad mood as an excuse to stress-eat!

Haven't got any exercise in today, but hopefully will either this afternoon or evening. If not, I'm not going to worry about it too much. Did a lot of walking at the festival this morning & then more walking & bending down in the back yard this afternoon.

Have a great Saturday! :)

Saturday menu

Breakfast - 2 slices 45 cal bread; 2 T. natural peanut butter, apple
Lunch - chicken & cheese quesadilla
Snack - yogurt
Supper - spicy black bean burger with cheese, lettuce & tomato, baked chips

sunflowergal40
07-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

I'm trying to get going on this plan. I see what so many of you are doing and feel guilty. But I keep telling myself the important part is that I start! And that I make lifestyle changes that will make a big impact in the end. So, with that in mind...

I swam 10 laps in the pool today. :carrot:
I chose a 70 calorie, no fat frozen Edy's fruit bar instead of the ice cream cone the rest of the family had. :carrot:

I guess that's a start. I'm also trying to drink more water and go for a walk each evening. One of my next goals is to start writing down what I eat as I know that will be an eye opener! :(

mingle
07-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Don't feel guilty, sunflower! Although I know the feeling all too well, & fall prey to it time & again. Try to really focus on the healthy choices you are making & work on making another new one every day.

Great job on the swimming today! :)

mj5
07-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone! I am officially on vacation and it feels SO good!!!! Hubby has to work most of the week I am off, which stinks, but we will get a few days off together.

I AM going to the gym in the morning (when he leaves for work, I'll go to the gym)...no excuses!

TXMary--Great workouts in the pool! How did the floor installation go?

mingle--That's awesome about the nutritionist through your workplace! My workplace is doing some great wellness initiatives too. It is SO nice to see employers getting behind their employees! Hope your daughter feels better!!!!

sunflowergal--swimming and walking are great exercise! great job! Keep it up!

Beverlyjoy--How are you doing today?

ANewCreation--I hate weeks like taht...but you know what to do and I know you can do it!!!

I need to focus on drinking more water while I am home this week. I do great while I am working, but for some reason at home....oh well, water bottles are chilling in the refrigerator!

My workout plan for tomorrow morning is to re-start lifting weights. I can't wait!

TXMary2
07-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi ladies! I am down 1.2 today from yesterday! I think it is all the activity plus the swimming. I finished the floors today, but it rained so no pool. I plan on going tomorrow if the weather allows.

Sunflowergal- just keep coming here everyday! You can do it.

mingle- Sorry your dh is crabby. Stress eating only hurts you not him - so don't give in! :)

sunflowergal40
07-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Hi all! :D

TXMary: Woohoo on your 1.2! :D

mj: Congrats on your vacation! Enjoy it! I admire the way you are hitting the gym so early while on vacation. :D

I walked on the treadmill last night (15 min) and did the stationary bike (15 min) and felt great! It was so good to get back in the swing of moving and sweating! :carrot:

So tonight I was actually eager to do it again! (This is amazing for me! LOL) I did 20 min on the treadmill and then moved to the bike. The bike workout got shortened because I had a pretty bad pain in my abdomen reminding me that I had surgery just 3 weeks ago. :(

Not gonna be sidelined though...I'll take it slow, but I WILL keep moving!

Hope everyone had a great Sunday!

mingle
07-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Happy Sunday ladies! Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend!

mj5 - YAY for vacations!! :D Enjoy your time off! And it's great that you have such a good plan for getting your exercise in :)

TXMary - great job on the loss!! :carrot:

sunflower - excellent job on the exercise!!

beverlyjoy - hope you are doing okay :hug:

Today was another hot & HUMID day here. Got in a walk this morning for 50 minutes & 3.5 miles. Food was okay today - not great, but within my calories. I "closed" the kitchen a few minutes ago after being tempted to eat a late night snack. Not going to happen! :)

My daughter is feeling much better, and just when she got over her bug, my son started running a fever. It never ends, does it? :)

Have a wonderful evening, ladies :)