100 lb. Club - Medium-Sized Uber

View Full Version : Medium-Sized Uber

ubergirl
07-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Ok ladies.... here is a shot of UBER wearing DD's size medium shirt.

ubercast
07-11-2010, 09:36 AM
congratulations.

My DDs still don't want to fit into anything under a large. XD

Shmead
07-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Congrats. Don't you dare ever wear those 3x's again, not even around the house!

emilydreaming
07-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Woo hoo! You look great! And what a great NSV to fit into your daughter's clothes.

Lyn2007
07-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Awesome!! Get rid of the baggy old clothes :)

If I can ever fit into my teen son's shirts I will be thrilled.

catherinef
07-11-2010, 10:03 AM
You look awesome! And very medium. :)

matt_H
07-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Here in Boston, DD is "dunkin donuts" and they are everywhere (literally, there is a dunkin donuts on virtually every street, we love our coffee in New England). When I read your post my first thought was "dunkin donuts is now making clothes?". :)

Anyway, you look great! Congratulations :carrot:

Eliana
07-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Matt, that's funny! And even funnier is that you write "Dunkin Donuts" and think "coffee!" :rofl: I think DONUTS! I have never actually been to Dunkin Dontus...

Uber in MEDIUM!! How awesome is that?! You look fabulous....FABULOUS! You must be so tickled to be wearing your daughter's clothes!

saef
07-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Don't you love that word "medium"? It just connotes normality. And if normality issomething that always seemed beyond your grasp then wearing a medium is pretty momentuous.

As one happy medium to another, I salute you!

You look so medium that my eyes are going instead to the gorgeous vase of flowers behind you, wondering if they're real, thinking that if they are, they're out of season. Then I make myself look at your torso. Oh, yes, there she is, a regular woman, healthy & normal. Who no one would ever dream of calling obese, let alone morbidly obese. No sign of your past history there. No fat ghost visibly hovering behind you.

Enjoy those mediums. You earned them.

Rosinante
07-11-2010, 11:50 AM
woohoo! you look fabulously, mediumly normal!!!!!

midwife
07-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Fantastic! Congrats!!

losermom
07-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Uber, you are uberly mediumtastic! What an awesome accomplishment! :)

Arctic Mama
07-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Yup, if you were walking down the street I would never know or guess you'd struggled wi morbid obesity. Not at all!

So I agree, no more 3x shirts! More fitted styles are much more flattering on your curves.

ORSewmama
07-11-2010, 12:46 PM
You look great!!

Fressca
07-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Oh Uber, how great for you!

steph15
07-11-2010, 01:12 PM
You look wonderful!

dragonwoman64
07-11-2010, 04:36 PM
man oh man, a MEDIUM! and it does NOT look tight on you, chickie! congrats!!!!

Loving Me
07-11-2010, 04:50 PM
You look fab Uber, definitely no more XL's for you, medium rocks!!!

kallismom
07-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Congrats! That has to be an amazing feeling for you!

LitChick
07-11-2010, 06:59 PM
You look great - and so NORMAL! :carrot: No more 2XLs for you!

Athenacapella
07-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Awesome! Congrats!

Bunti
07-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Look at you!! You're lovely in that medium shirt!

MablesGirl
07-12-2010, 08:46 AM
you look great!

time2lose
07-12-2010, 08:57 AM
WOW! You look great! Medium size = normal size

How fantastic!

ubergirl
07-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Yup, if you were walking down the street I would never know or guess you'd struggled wi morbid obesity. Not at all!

Is that just the weirdest concept ever...??? I have to say, when I read this, and your other comments about me looking "normal" it really sort of shocked me. I certainly do not yet think of myself as looking "normal."

I get that I'm no longer morbidly obese. I think of myself as more like "chubby"... I didn't used to really compare myself to other women, because in my mind (and in reality) I was almost always the fattest person in the room.

But now, I do look at other women, and I can't peg myself in the crowd....

LotusMama
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Nice and congratulations! A medium is a big accomplishment!

Cheers,

J

Rhythm
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Congratulations! You look terrific. I can't wait to be wearing mediums. :D

saef
07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Oh, dear. No offense meant by saying "normal."

What I mean by medium is like the median. The median weight of people in a room. You say you're used to being the fattest woman in the room. I remember that feeling, personally, because I swear, 90% of the time, at functions or when a group of people gathered, I would at some point -- maybe not immediately -- scan everyone & register, nearly subliminally, whether anyone was heavier than me, or whether a lot of people were close to my weight, or whether I was an outright anomaly. And sadly, that often determined my comfort level in that group setting.

It takes a lot of getting used to, after major weight loss, to really process the fact that you're not heaviest, second-heaviest, third-heaviest. To me "medium" says maybe not the thinnest, but nowhere near the fattest. Average. Normal. In the middle. Heck, with the obesity rate being what it is, maybe medium isn't even really in the middle anymore, but shifting toward thinner.

[And, you know, I have to beat up the overachieving part of me that thinks "normal" and "average" isn't good enough. No, I am not going to try to be the thinnest. Not that again. I went through that cr@p years ago, when I had an eating disorder, and felt freaked out if I wasn't the thinnest, or next-to-thinnest. On my part this indicated raging insecurity, when I had a lot less going on in my life & felt that was the only possible way I could make an impression, by being always the thinnest.]

But anyway, enough of my issues. Medium is good. It's nice not to be the "--est" of anything sometimes.

ubergirl
07-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Oh, dear. No offense meant by saying "normal.

Oh no worries. I was not at all offended. I was just sort of stunned...I am definitely having body image lag. While I do realize that I do realize that I'm no longer "so fat that I stick out..." I have yet to realize that I'm actually starting to be within the average range.