Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #1  

Default IP diet problems

Was on the IP diet for some time along with others and although there was weight loss the food was too expensive, too restrictive, health conditions occurred, and the company didn't seem truthful about certain things.

People had: kidney stones, kidney pain, hair loss, gout, diverticulitis, elevated liver enzymes. Also, people who had eating disorders in the past when they got off the diet had more complications after and it is speculated it was due to the calorie restrictions being too severe.

The company said they made the food and were the only ones with it, but several other places had it. Mattol for one had the food and they are a MLM company, another metabolic diet place had some of the food and sold it for half the price.

Some of the products were not being shipped to centers and the reason the company gave was slim fast was tainted and the FDA was making it harder to get IP products into the country. Funny thing there was no mention in the press about tainted Slim Fast products at the time or since!!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Google is your friend:

http://www.thatsfit.com/2009/12/07/slim-fast-recalls-ten-million-cans/?sem=1&ncid=aolhth00170000000019&otim=1278796824&s pid=35258515&s_kwcid=TC|11093|slim-fast%20recall||S||4802831090

There was a Slim Fast recall. I remember hearing about it.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

yes there was because i was devastated going to the store one day to see the slimfast shelves emptied. i use to drink one every morning for breakfast on the way to work. the ip drinks are being reformulated-i'm thinking that's the god's honest truth. maybe they're trying to make it with more protein, or less carbs, who knows but it's one of the most popular products and if there was any "tainting" issue, i'm sure that's being taken care of too.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I'm really unsure on why a doctor or a coach would allow someone who had a history of eating disorders to be a part of this diet. This diet isn't easy on the body as it sets us into a state of unbalance, and I'm sure if they answered truthfully on their initial questionaire they wouldn't be allowed to take part. At least I hope so. The severe restrictions would definitely set off an ED tendency in someone who already had issues in the past.

Health is way more important than a diet, so I hope that anyone who is having any bad side effects or notices any of these issues is open and honest with their coach and talking with their physician to make sure their health is the number one priority.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #5  

Default thank you for the google info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSU View Post
Google is your friend:

http://www.thatsfit.com/2009/12/07/slim-fast-recalls-ten-million-cans/?sem=1&ncid=aolhth00170000000019&otim=1278796824&s pid=35258515&s_kwcid=TC|11093|slim-fast%20recall||S||4802831090

There was a Slim Fast recall. I remember hearing about it.
Thankyou for the information regarding the recall of Slimfast as it was not found prior to the post.

As for the other posts they were not intended to BASH IP as some people are accusing. This was supposed to be an open forum for people to discuss and respond to other posts and that is what I did.
IF people are having success on the IP protocol without problems congratulations and much more success to you (not a sacrastic response either). Some people posted questions about policies, protocols, and general questions about the program to which I responded based on experience and was not aware we were not allowed to post negative experiences here. I was not told this was an IP support group forum only.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I moved this thread to the "Does it work?" area which is where we generally have discussions about various diet programs and issues with those programs. Generally, threads in the "Diet Central" issue are places for people on those particular plans to support eachother with their program.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

thanks nelie
Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #8  

Default slim fast recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietertoo View Post
Thankyou for the information regarding the recall of Slimfast as it was not found prior to the post.

As for the other posts they were not intended to BASH IP as some people are accusing. This was supposed to be an open forum for people to discuss and respond to other posts and that is what I did.
IF people are having success on the IP protocol without problems congratulations and much more success to you (not a sacrastic response either). Some people posted questions about policies, protocols, and general questions about the program to which I responded based on experience and was not aware we were not allowed to post negative experiences here. I was not told this was an IP support group forum only.

The Slim Fast recall that I believe you are mentioning is the Dec 2009 one. However, I am referring to statements made by IP reps at the present JUNE 2010 that product cannot be sent due to a current slim fast recall and that is what I was referring to as no mention of that in the news.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #9  

Default dieters with past eating disorders

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I'm really unsure on why a doctor or a coach would allow someone who had a history of eating disorders to be a part of this diet. This diet isn't easy on the body as it sets us into a state of unbalance, and I'm sure if they answered truthfully on their initial questionaire they wouldn't be allowed to take part. At least I hope so. The severe restrictions would definitely set off an ED tendency in someone who already had issues in the past.

Health is way more important than a diet, so I hope that anyone who is having any bad side effects or notices any of these issues is open and honest with their coach and talking with their physician to make sure their health is the number one priority.
I believe one reason people with past eating disorder issues were allowed on the program is that it's not asked in the health survey.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

dietertoo,

Welcome to 3Fat Chicks. I see you haven't been on any of the forums before. I am so sorry you had a bad experience. As many of us are already aware, there is a fair amount of variation in clinics and advice. We have come to accept that is happening. As with all new things, the advice we receive is to an extent limited by the experience of the new coach/clinic/Dr.

Regarding those with eating disorders. When I completed my personal/medical history, I noted I had a background with treatment for a disorder. I was asked many questions, answered honestly, and was evaluated for how long it had been, what, how treated/addressed, and told I would be monitored for any new issues. I was also told they will not accept someone with a severe or current issue. I am sorry you have been acquainted with an experience other than mine.

Again, Truly sorry you have had a bad experience. I am sure some will be grateful to have knowledge of the small percentage of things that go wrong. (I'm an not sure if these things mentioned are solely your experience or a mixture of other experiences and how you came to know of them. I trust they are all first hand knowledge though.)

As with all things in life, not everything works for everyone. It is good to know what can happen, what to watch for, and to know that this isn't perfect for all; it never was claimed to be.

Please enjoy your visits to the 3 fat chicks website. I hope you find a forum and threads that suits your current program and plan where you can provide, and receive, the support that makes for a successful journey and lifestyle.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #11  

What diet is everyone referring too with the IP Protocol?
Old 06-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #12  
it's always something

Ideal Protein. You can read more about it in our Ideal Protein forum at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Closed Thread