Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

Arrow Review: Body Balance Dieter's Tea

Has anyone used this product?

If so, what are your thoughts?

(I'm not intrerested in reviews from those who use it primarly as a 'weight loss' plan, but more so in conjunction with healthy eating to aid in digestion and relief of constipation)

Thanks!
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'd be careful with "Dieter's teas" because they often contain laxatives and it looks like the Body Balance one is no different. It contains Senna which is a laxative which your body can become addicted to and I'd recommend avoiding. If you insist, you should only use it for a very short period of time as it can mess up your digestive system.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #3  
it's always something

If you are having problems with constipation, increasing fiber and water will do the trick. If you have a physical problem that results in long term constipation, your doctor should be your first contact.

The tea you referenced is a laxative. It doesn't help in digestion, has no healthy benefits, and has been known to have serious side effects. Besides overworking your bowels, there are ingredients in it known to have adverse effects on your heart and blood pressure.

There's a lot of marketing hype behind products like this. But they are not backed up by clinical evidence, and there are a lot of medical websites that warn against them.

Hope that helps
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #4  

Thanks nelie and Suzanne, desparate times call for desparate measures i suppose. I feel like I've tried everything and can't seem to go!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/190/130

Height: 4' 11"

Red face

Don't trust these teas. I've tried many and they either don't work or are laxatives.

If you hit a plateau they changing up something, I'm in a once a week body boot camp and it's been helping me out. Have you also tried using your measurements instead of just pounds? Sometimes you'll lose more in inches than in pounds if your working out!
Shortymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #6  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Corn, grapes, blueberries & of course raisins and prunes are all natural laxatives. I've also heard honey can do the trick for some.

Try some of these foods plus very high fiber and LOTS (and I do mean LOTS) of water. Also, decrease (or even eliminate) your dairy - very binding.

If it is getting to be several days, you might just want to get an over the counter laxative or contact your doc.

Good luck to you! I'm sure you are uncomfortable, so I hope you find something to help you out.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #7  

Uncle Lees Body Balance tea is a laxative and it gave me fear/anxiety and a bit of depression, and after I got off of it I couldn't go to the bathroom for days. It's terrible stuff, my cousin also drinks it and she's now on anti-depressants, and she can't "go" unless she drinks the tea!
mcdavid294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #8  

I've heard both really negative and really positive things about this tea.

I did try it. And it defintely made me go to the bathroom the next morning after drinking the tea at night.

The only thing I did feel was... relief.