Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 10:38 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Fabulous 40's #130

The start of a new weekend........and a new thread... don't forget to go back and read the last few posts.

Buenas noches mi amigas (Good Evening my friends....yes, I do know some Spanish)

Ruth ~ a wonderful idea, to meet somewhere. We live so far apart but maybe, one day, we'll be able to hook up. And thanks for the congrats.

Dianne ~ boy, I haven't heard "oy vey' in years!!

Es ~ I want to see Red Dragon too....and the Banger Sisters, and, and, and.....we haven't been to the movies in about 2 months.

Jen ~ I went to Catholic school too......those nuns were wacky with the rulers. Some people think it's just a bad rap they have but I'm tellin' ya, it's not.

Terri ~ chicle en la bassura?? Ok, I give up.....

Well, tomorrow morning is weigh in....wish me luck

TTY'sL
Me <><
Old 10-05-2002, 02:20 AM   #2  

She said "Gum in the basket".

I have a story about my crazy Spanish teacher.
Back in 1975 we had a great running back on the Steelers named Franco Harris. Steelers Football is BIG in my neck of the woods. They were on their way to one of their 4 Super Bowls.
Our baseball coach (very macho and funny) was teaching our History class and our Spanish teacher (Mrs. Bowman) came running down the hall screaming "Franco is dead, Franco is dead, Franco is dead..." Our Coach put his hand on his heart and the boys were glassy eyed and the coach was starting to stutter and I thought he was going to pass out. He grabbed her shoulders and said "Franco Harris?" I swear he was crying.
She got this look on her face that I won't forget. She was disgusted. She said "No, Francisco Franco of Spain." He sat down and had to calm down and he sighed "Oh, Good." That didn't go over too well with her. When she left we went into hysterics.
Being in a Catholic School we shouldn't have laughed after finding out someone died but you had to be there. I'll never forget our coach. He loved the Steelers.

Ruth,
Bet you are glad they are over. Not bad grades.
My kids have their Fall break this week.

Es,
I saw Red Dragon. It was good. It wasn't as gross as the second one. It had its moments though.

Jen,
Have fun. I was Teresa in school. Brittany took that name too.

Have a great weekend everyone. I am taking Brittany to see Sweet Home Alabama tomorrow.
Terri
Old 10-05-2002, 11:32 AM   #3  

Hola:

Terri - that story about Franco is hysterical!!! How could you not laugh? Can anyone guess what my name is in spanish??? DUH - Dianna - not such a big stretch is it. People, especially spanish people call me that - even one of my sisters does too, lol.

ZoeGirl - Good luck with wi - you've been doing so great girl!

Jen - I wonder how far you've driven so far. Enjoy!

Ruth - Please don't spend 4 days cleaning!!!!!!!!

Hi Janie - Hope you're okay.

Hi Sandy.

Es - I wish we all could meet - what would be the middle ground for all of us???? You and I are not far apart but everyone else is so far. I have friends on another chat that met in Ohio - about 30 of them met and spent the weekend together - they had a blast. There's so many of them that they plan different trips where some of them can meet in one place and some in another, depending on their locations. This month some of them are meeting in Boston. I could have gone to that one, but Alana's college is having parent weekend so that comes first.

Well, gonna go see Jessa and company today. Hope you all have a great one!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-05-2002, 04:28 PM   #4  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello you's guys ~

Saturday mornign WI gave me another loss of 1.8 lbs for a total of 13.4 in 4 weeks. I really 'felt' like it was more than that but with TOM, I am thinking that this is really great.

Hope y'all are having a great Saturday afternoon. We have a surprise birthday party to be at by 6pm so I need to get ready. I am hoping to be able to have will power there.

Talk to you's guys tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2002, 08:12 PM   #5  

Angry

Hi Buddies

I'm feeling very lonely this evening. Pete had to work. He won't be home till around 1:AM & I'll be sleeping. I hardly see him anymore. This new shift stinks! He starts at 3:00 PM till 11:00 PM with overtime. When he gets OT he's doesn't get home till 2:30 AM. <sigh> Oh well, just got to get useto it. He calls me at least 3 times.

Dianne, that's cool that internet buddies get together. How's Alana doing? Have fun with Jessa. I'm going to Karinna's christening tomorrow. The twins birthday is Wed. so my SIL decided to combine the two!! Which means 3 gifts!

Terri, funny story about Franco I'll probably wait to see the Red Dragon on DVD.

Zoe, WOW! You are on a roll! I would be on I've been losing the same stinkin 4 lbs. Up & down, up & down. I think eating light ice cream every night is messing me up. That is definitely a red light food for me. I'm giving it up for a while.

Let me go browse around.

I'll try to get back here tomorrow night. If I'm too after the christening I'll talk to you's Monday.

Have a great Sunday everybody.

Hugs,
Es

PS are you ready for this? My real name is ESPERANZA!!
Old 10-06-2002, 01:09 PM   #6  

Morning guys:

ZoeGirl - way to go with another great loss! Congrats!

Esperanza - what a great name - Hope - maybe I'll call you that from now on! Just kidding - I'm so used to Es now, it would be too strange, lol. Sorry about Pete's hours - how long is that for?
Alana's doing fine, she called yesterday to say her roommate's parents were up to visit and said "mommy, come here right now"
My girl, she's still my baby girl We'll be visiting her in a couple of weeks, but last year she had already come home 3 times by now, lol.

My visit with Jessa was soooooooo much fun - she's such a cutie pie. Yesterday, willie was watching her with me, saying "nose, eyes, head", etc. and he said "wow, she really loves you". She's always in my arms - and its so funny, if I get up to go somewhere else, she's right behind me. It gives Lisa a break anyway, lol.

Well, today is "do everything I didn't do yesterday" day - like cleaning and laundry - BIG YUK! So I better get off this 'puter and get my butt in gear.

Hi Jen, Terri, Janie (hope you're doing okay) Ruth and Sandy - have a great Sunday everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-07-2002, 01:12 PM   #7  

HI everyone,
Thank you all for your well wishes. I'm doing fine although I won't get the pathology report til tomorrow or Wed. I spent the weekend quilting, my favorite hobby next to singing. I am making a quilt for my mother's 80th birthday in January. I wish we could upload pictures so I could let you guys see some of my quilts.

On Thur I tried out 2 counselors. One is throuhg work and free but I didn't like her the other is private and very expensive but I really liked her. What to do? I think I am going to spend the money. I may be able to get my insurance to pick up some of the tab.

Zoe,
COngratulations!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Adios,
JanieD (Juana)
Old 10-07-2002, 10:15 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello my Buds

Just stopping in for a minute. We're watching TV tonight, not doing much of anything. Dinner was a WW recipe for some yummy quesadilla's. We had a surprise birthday party to go go on Saturday night and wasn't TOO bad......passed on the cake too. Yesterday was okay too....went to church at 8:30 and it didn't let out unitl about 11:30. I went straight to the grocery store and didn't get home until 5 minutes to 1.....with no food. So we went out to the mall and had Mexican food. But I was good. Had chicken fajitas, counted my chips and no queso. (oh pooh, but I LOVE queso) So I feel pretty good. I've had some severe munchies the last few days but I'm holding my own.

Janie ~ I'll bet your quilts are beautiful! I want to quilt so bad but have no idea how to get started. I even bought everything I could ever need to do it, just never have.

Esperanza ~ I really LOVE that name!! With all these Spanish names, I feel left out.

Dianne ~ did you get laundry done? I never did get to mine this weekend and I really HATE doing it after work. I'm always too tired.

Hi to everyone else....hope y'all are doing ok. Have a great evening and a blessed Tuesday.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:54 PM   #9  

Buenas Noches,

I hope everybody's week is getting off to a good start. I haven't made up my mind yet to whether this is a good week or not!! LOL

ZOE, send me some of your will power!! PLEASE!! I just can't seem to get things rolling like they should. Guess you could say things just aren't clicking. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. You are doing so great!! I know you are feeling great with the loss. We are all rooting for you!!

ES, I love the meaning of your name. For some reason, HOPE seems very fitting!! Sorry about the work hours. When Maurice was working for Fed Ex, his hours were horrible. It was only for about 5 months, but I'm so glad he is with me at nights again.

JANIE, the quilts sound beautiful. I've been wanting to "buy" a few quilts, I just haven't done so yet. I noticed Zoe said she wanted to learn to quilt, I just want to buy them. When I see homemade quilts, it reminds me of my childhood. During the winters when I was a little girl I slept under 3 or 4 quilts. They seemed so heavy and kept me so warm!!

DIANNE, between getting a husband off to work, my grandson off to school and all the studying that I have to do, I do very little around the house. It really needs a gooood cleaning. So, I will probably spend at least two of those days cleaning and washing clothes.

Well, need to head to bed. Hasta manana.

Ruth

P.S. Is Refugia (not sure if I spelled it correctly) the Spanish version of Ruth. Also, my first name is Helen, would it be Helena?
Old 10-08-2002, 02:37 PM   #10  

Hi everyone,
I have been OP 3 days in a row so far. Zoe/Patti has inspired me! Tonight is Girl's night out (GNO) so I hope I can be a good girl Last semester GNO was Thur which is the day after my WI. That worked out much better. THis semester it being Tue, the day before my WI has been a bit of a struggle. I am hoping that I can convince Ellen to go somewhere where I have more self control. I can't control myself if we go to Strizzi's, especially with all the local wines on the menu.

Es,
Esperanza is lovely. It sounds so exotic!

Ruth,
Please give yourself some time off. We all need it once in a while.

Have a wonderful Tues everyone,
JanieD
Old 10-08-2002, 07:53 PM   #11  

Unhappy

Hi

How are my Buds? I'm feeling very sad today. The attorney I work for found her brother dead in his apt. today. His landlady called her & said that he hadn't paid his rent & that she hadn't seen him in a few days. He was in his mid forties. He had alot of problems. Depression, drugs, among other things. I feel so bad for her. She was sobbing on the phone when she called to tell me. I just wanted to put my arms around her.

Karinna's christening went well. The weather was so beautiful. She looked like a little doll.

Janie, thanks for the compliment. When I was a kid I hated my name. I wanted a common name like Maria or Christina. I like it now. Hope you had a nice time with Ellen. WTG with staying OP 3 days in a row. I've been doing okay but still can't get to my journaling. I keep forgeting! I wish I could see your quilts. They really sound beautiful.

Ruth, your first name is Helen? I thought it was Ruth. About the click, I never heard it either. We just have to keep trying.

Zoe, I always watch the Lakewood Church on TV. Do you know who I'm talking about? His father passed away then he took over. I can't remember his name but he is so good. I love his preaching.

Mi amiga, you could call me Esperanza if you want. It's just so long. Before I got married my maiden name was Rodriguez. They were both long! Now it's Rios. At least I kept my initials. Jessa sounds like she's getting cuter & cuter.

Well, let me say buenas noches Going to watch a little TV then to bed.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 10-08-2002 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:00 PM   #12  

Question

Zoe, how come you have "journal" under your name? I never noticed it before.

Es
Old 10-08-2002, 09:11 PM   #13  

Afternoon ladies,

ES, my full name is Helen Ruth Craig. There was already a Helen in the family so I was called Ruth by most of my relatives and Ruthie by my dad's family. We have shared last names, my first husband was a Rivers, the anglicized version of del Rio. My grandmother was also a Rivers (del Rio). As I said, I have quite a bit of hispanic blood in me.

So, what would Helen Ruth be in Spanish?

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That must have been very hard for her. I will keep her in my prayers!

JANIE, you are so sweet. I'll try not to work too hard on my break. Maybe I should get smart and start some of the cleaning tonight!! LOL How did you do with GNO??

Well, I better get some of this reading done, talk to you girls tomorrow.

Ruth
Old 10-09-2002, 10:04 AM   #14  

Hi guys:

Es - I'm sorry to hear about your boss's brother - that's so sad. I'm sure she will appreciate whatever comfort you can give her. When I said I was going start calling you by that name, I meant Hope, But I don't think I can think of you as anything but Es or Essie.

Janie - congrats on keeping on program. Wish I could say the same. My "click" has appeared to have clicked off!

Ruth - I hope that Refugia is NOT your name in spanish, lord have mercy! I've actually never heard the name Ruth in Spanish. Helen would be Helena, but you wouldn't pronouce the H - so it would be pronounced as Elena. Like Hector would be pronounced as Ector.

ZoeGirl - Yes I did do my laundry, but I didn't have fun doing it, lol.

Hey Jen - are you back yet? Or did you say Thursday? Hope you're having a great time!

Hi Sandy and Terri - how are you guys doing?

Well, gotta get back to work. Have a great Wednesday ("hump" day) everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 10-09-2002 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:41 PM   #15  

HI everyone,
I did pretty well last night. Ellen decided she wanted In & Out Burger. I don't think you have that in the East. In my opinion it is the best fast food around. Everything is fresh. Nothing is froZen. They even slice up fresh potatoes for the french fries. They make their shakes out of real ice cream. I didn't have a shake though, I had H2O, and I shared Ellen's Fries. All in all I was only .5 pts over yesterday. NOt too bad. I forgot to WI this morning. Maybe I should just move my WI day to THU. That could help the GNO problem.

After dinner we went shopping and we got some real bargains. She got 2 shirts, 2 prs of halloween socks, and a pair of shorts and I got 3 tops and a skirt and it was all under $50 with the tax. DOn't you just love retail therapy There was also a denim blazer that I really liked but they didn't have my size.

Es,
I am so sorry about your bosses brother. That is horrible. Do they know if it was suicide or accidental? I have known a couple of people who have committed suicide and it is heart wrenching.
Here is a big

Take care everyone,
JanieD
Closed Thread