Weight Loss Support - Do You Feel Like A New Person?

View Full Version : Do You Feel Like A New Person?

susieyarb
07-07-2010, 06:02 PM
This afternoon I came out of my son's room from putting him down for his nap and saw a note from my husby to call him on his cell. He had stopped by home and didn't want to disturb me putting our son down.

Anyhow, as I walked down the hall I heard the garage door closing, so I'd JUST missed him. I RAN out to the garage and hi-ya'd my foot under the door to trigger the beam to make it stop and go back up. Then I ran down the drive to catch him before he pulled out into the street.

Later, as I was walking on the treadmill, I got thinking I could/would never have done that before! I didn't get winded, I didn't think twice. 6 months ago my achey knees and back would have had me waddling down the hall to the phone.

I am a new person! And I'm so thankful for this change! Wow, what will it be like 20 pounds from now?!

trooworld
07-07-2010, 07:10 PM
That's terrific! Congrats on your weight loss. I haven't lost much, but there is a great CHANGE in my attitude towards things, along with some physical changes. For instance, I like getting up at 5:20am every morning to go walking/jogging in the park. Me? Like to get up early? Like to get up early to EXERCISE? No way! Not 6 months ago! I look forward to healthy food and have caught myself saying to a friend at a bbq recently, "It's nice to be at a bbq with healthy food rather than the regular baked beans and potato salad. That stuff is so heavy!" Me??? Gee wiz, it WAS my mouth that those words came out of. Change, here I come!

This is not to say that I don't have things I need to work on. The biggest thing I need to work on is my reaction to anger, depression and anxiety. I tend to binge on junk food when I experience those emotions and I know that if I don't beat that monster, I will gain all my weight back after I am done losing.

StephanieM
07-07-2010, 07:24 PM
I feel confident and strong wherever I go, and I feel like other's sense that from me.

I act more confident too, and that's been great because I'm not really the confident type... haha.

jendiet
07-07-2010, 07:38 PM
i think the sense of accomplishment is the driving force behind the confidence. Since I haven't lost much, or haven't broken through an old plateau weight---i still don't have that "new person" feel yet. I have a sense of renewed strength--that I can stick with it this time....and I'm looking forward to the "new person" feeling.

TXMary2
07-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Definitely an NSV! That's great!

skygirl
07-07-2010, 08:55 PM
congrats! that must be a great feeling! :)

kendra
07-07-2010, 10:44 PM
That is awesome! Good Job!

SCraver
07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
That is awesome! I totally know how you feel, too. I have a bunch of stairs to climb on my way out of work everyday. Probably about 60 - 70 stairs? (I will have to count on my way out today!) I can go up them with no problems now. Stairs used to make me SO winded.