Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 06:40 PM   #1  

Default *lurkers Should Post, Too!!*

Hi Everyone,

Okay, this is just my personal feelings, but here it goes. I can't help but notice how many people lurk/view the threads in this WLS section. However, very few people appear to post anything and that bothers me a bit!! Gee, even if you haven't had surgery or can't offer any particular advice, it would be lovely if people would offer a kind word of support or concern. I guess I think it's just a nice way to show someone they're thought of.

This is probably silly. I notice on some other support groups that their format doesn't show how many people have viewed a post. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know. But, it just seems like if people are going to be bothered to read a post, then maybe they could take just a minute or two to contribute a little something.

Alright, I'm done........thanks for hearing me out. Take care all and God Bless....

Just me...Robin
Pre-op: 290
Surgery Date: Dec. 17th, hopefully!!
Old 10-04-2002, 07:31 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

robin...

funny you should bring this up. i've been noticing that we 've been getting quite a few 'visits' but almost no posts. obviously, folks are interested in the topic, but have no comments? hard to believe, isn't it.

maybe they don't want anyone to know that they're even curious? or maybe they don't want to hurt our feelings by telling us that they think we've ruined our lives?

i've been telling follks in my support group to show up here, and no one seems to be interested [a major disappointment for me, by the way].

so, all you lurkers: get those fingers tapping!!!!

and robin.. congats on the surgery date!!!! what happened? who did you find???
Old 10-05-2002, 07:05 AM   #3  

Hi Robin,

Sign me guilty!!!!! I read a lot, but haven't posted. My only excuse is that I don't have much to say. I do, however, agree with you, that a kind word or a hug does wonders too.

So, here's a hug for you ((((((((Robin))))))))

Although I have no experience with WLS, I do wish you the best of luck and I'll be watching this thread to follow your story.

Old 10-05-2002, 07:47 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Hi ladies, and thanks Cat Lady for posting!

Jiff, just wanted to let you know I let my support group know about this board also. I must admit I was very surprised when not one person showed an interest. In my case, the support group has a VERY active email support, maybe that is part of the problem.

Later
Debbie
Old 10-05-2002, 12:59 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

~~~~~~WAVE!~~~~~~~

You know I look at everything! I have no life.

Perhaps some of the views ARE from folks in the
various WLS support groups. You can view without
being registered.

~~~~~~WAVE!~~~~~~~
Old 10-09-2002, 10:19 AM   #6  

Default Guilty!

Hi,

I am a lurker. I post under the Richard Simmons, 20-somethings and Buddy up!

Weight Loss Surgury is not something that I am contemplating, but I lurk because I find much inspiration from reading here. The decision everyone here has made (is making) is life-altering, and reading about people with such dedication to their health keeps me from failing as well.

I hope you don't mind if I continue to poke around from time to time. I wish everyone here the best of luck and send good thought vibes every time I read.

Old 10-09-2002, 05:56 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

hey there frisco's mom!!! you just made my day!!! and for you, i'll try to post more often. the pulmonologist said yesterday that i'm a STAR, which was a nice thing to hear. apparently, there are some people who've been in the dire straits that i was in, and once they had lost a little weight, just didn't keep on going.

and i won't allow myself to do that. this isn't easy, by any means, but at least it's working.
Old 11-30-2002, 02:16 PM   #8  

Default lurking

hi pooky, i guess since we are not members, it is difficult to figure out how to post, did i do it? or is this just to you, at any rate, bles you and i wish you well, i got the information for surgery, but chickened out, im giving it this one last try, and will probably do it next year, if im not able to take it down on my own. it's a lovely, lovely beautifying thing. . . even Roseanne looks so much better, she is of course displeased (as she is w/everything) but when i saw an old rerun the other nite, i realized how much better she looks now, even if she hasn't the sense to realize, nor the humility to be grateful.

Again, good luck and goddess bless you.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:48 PM   #9  

Hi... I just lurked through and dared not leave without saying something!!

Has Roseanne had some surgery then?
Sorry, I know nothing....
bye bye luv'nhug
Old 11-30-2002, 06:33 PM   #10  

Question

I'm quilty too of lurking and not posting. Sorry! Just call me nosey. I am faced with a medical situation that warrents me getting all this EXTRA EXCEED WEIGHT OFF ASAP!!! My cardiologist wanted me to have gastric bypass surgery immediately but I have an HMO and they totally and completely refuse to pay for the surgery, regardless of whether or not it is medically necessary. And unfortunately I don't have extra money at this time to have the surgery. So I feel trapped and scared. I have been on diets for years and years, in fact I think I've tried nearly everything known to man. I am able to lose for a while but then I hit a plateau and eventually give up and gain the weight back plus more.

Anyone with any suggestions, advise, information, etc please reply back to me. All input welcome. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2002, 08:36 PM   #11  
Domestic Goddess

O.K. I'm nosey too I just like to see what you guys are up to.

I promise that I will post from now on instead of just lurking and running away.

I also like looking at the members journals.....very interesting I might add.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:54 AM   #12  

Wink Lurkers

Hello, yes I am guilty of lurking! I have my first surgical consultation Dec. 27 and am so excited! I have researched WLS over the last year. In August, with my PCP's blessing we started the process - she ordered a sleep study, echocardiogram, blood work and referred me out to two surgeons. You are all inspirations to me! This is a very informative site. I have been obese almost all of my adult life. I look forward to start living again. I know I will need everyone's advise and encouragement during my journey.
Closed Thread