100 lb. Club - Any other 230's and 220's out there??

Pages : [1] 2

Matilda08
07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
I need some extra motivation to keep moving. THis isnt my first attempt at losing. Last time I lost and got down to 220( 2008) this year I got up to 250 and Ive been doing well but in the past the 230s and 220s have always been the hardest to get out off. Its been almost ten years since I weighed in the two teens. So Im really set to getting there. Anyone else want to join I need all the motivation I can get!!!!:hug:

icmethinner
07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
I am just getting started back and weighed 236 on the dot this morning. I want to get down to at least 180. Maybe we can check in with each other daily on here?

What diet are you doing? I have started walking and stopped drinking soda but it doesn't come off as easily as it used to!

Amy9
07-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I am with you! I am desperate to see 22? . Going to up my exercise this week. What are you doing for exercise? I get out and walk 3-4 times a week. I have picked i up to a trot for as long as I can handle. which isnt very long but it feels AWESEOME!!

getting_smaller
07-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Me too!! I had gotten down to 213 (240 about a year ago), then my Dad got really sick and passed away a couple of months ago and I have had a really hard time getting back on the wagon after indulging in all of the comfort food and not working out. Now I am back up to 226, but I am determined to get it going again. South Beach and walking on the treadmill 4-5 days a week helps me. I'm back!!!

WitsEnd
07-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Come on ladies, we CAN do this!! We just need to not let ourselves get discouraged. I know one of my big problems is making a "bad food decision" and then thinking "well, I have already messed up my day how about a pizza". I need support too. Lets get through this together!

steph15
07-07-2010, 11:22 AM
I am with you ladies! I have been seeing 229 and then back up to 230 the last few days. I am ready for the 2 teens big time! I am happy to see you started a thread for this weight category. The 230's were my nemesis. :)

muelle12
07-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Oh ladies I feel all your pain. I've finally fully committed to my diet two days ago after realizing that I weight 247... not 220 like I thought.. OUCH! I'm totally up for some serious support on this thread! We can all do this if we just take it one day at a time. I know my biggest problems are sweets, chinese food, and alcoholic beverages. But we can over come these obstacles!!!

m3rma1d
07-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I also can't wait for the two-teens!!! It's soooo close I can almost feel it, yet at the same time it also still feels far away. I'm REALLY hoping I can get there by the end of the month, because I'm going to visit my boyfriend and not only will he get to see me way smaller than he has yet, but also, we're going to the annual Red Cross volunteer BBQ (he's a Red Cross volunteer) and last year when I was there I was prolly 160-170.... I LOVE it when people say "OMG you've lost weight" which at this point they will prolly do ANYways, but the smaller I get, the louder they'll say it! :D

Matilda08
07-07-2010, 01:06 PM
:DYAY:carrot: Lets get this party started ladies!!!

Right now Im workout five times per week and I count calories. The past month and a half has been great because I was at 250. I have to keep going though. I workout at an all ladies gym so my workouts are always different because they have about 15-20 different classes. When I dont take classes I run/jog and I am loving it. I totally feel the burn.

Feel free to post as often as you like. We can get there together!!!!!

musestar
07-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I just hit 230 on the nose this morning! I can't even remember the last time I weighed less than 240...so this is exciting for me.

I plan on doing some cardio later to celebrate. :)

Stripes
07-07-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm more or less 220 and trying hard to get my weight to go down in stead of up ;)

muelle12
07-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Just a quick question... Does Counting Calories work better than just watching what I eat?? I haven't tried it before, and it seems like a hassle, but if the results are there then I'm down to try it!

debbyd
07-07-2010, 02:45 PM
My first post. I don't know how to do the weight line though.
I just started Ideal Protein on 25th June. I weighed in at 245.
Yesterday 6th July I weighed in at 238.5 Down 6 1/2 lbs!!!!
I haven't exercised as yet. Will start in a couple of weeks.
Even though I lost, my body fat percentage went up??!! go figure.
My coach said that this is normal for the first week. I'm hoping
to get down to about 145 lbs. I wanna be thin and able to shop, shop,
shop in all the trendy boutiques. We will all get there, we just have to
stay positive and hang in there!!;)

Matilda08
07-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Just a quick question... Does Counting Calories work better than just watching what I eat?? I haven't tried it before, and it seems like a hassle, but if the results are there then I'm down to try it!

This totally depends on the person. I like counting calories because you can always fit anything in your budget. I love the variety even though I mainly eat the samethings lol

Matilda08
07-08-2010, 12:17 AM
How is everyone? I worked my behind off today so I hope it shows on the scale diet was on point also!

steph15
07-08-2010, 01:12 AM
I bumped up the exercise today because I really want to see 228 on Saturday morning (weigh in day). I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then a 60 minute water aerobics class. I am hoping I see the pay off this weekend! Good luck to all of us. It is so nice to have this thread! :)

Matilda08
07-08-2010, 07:31 AM
I bumped up the exercise today because I really want to see 228 on Saturday morning (weigh in day). I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then a 60 minute water aerobics class. I am hoping I see the pay off this weekend! Good luck to all of us. It is so nice to have this thread! :)

I feel the same way because I want to see 220 anything lol Im at 235 as of this morning :carrot:

muelle12
07-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Matilda! Nicely done staying on track!!! I had a bad food day yesterday, but I'm determined to make it up today with an extra workout! Thanks for the advice on calorie counting. I'm definately living on a budget (the poor college kid thing...) and hopefully it will work! I know I'm asking a ton of questions, but I just want to make sure I do this right! So here we go... How do you know how many calories you should intake per day? Do you know of any calorie counting applications for phones? and finally... Do you think its more beneficial to weigh yourself everyday or once a week???

Here's to another healthy day!!!!

m3rma1d
07-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Did my workout yesterday (3.5 mile walk in 55 mins of HOT weather) and I was really proud, 'cos I didn't wanna.
Now I don't wanna again today, but I will, and I'll feel so dang good again after it's over :)

m3rma1d
07-08-2010, 12:09 PM
How do you know how many calories you should intake per day?

Google "How many calories do I need" and you'll get a ton of online calculators.
Use those as a sorta guideline, then do what YOU feel comfortable with, and see if it works for YOU.

Do you know of any calorie counting applications for phones?

There are tons, what kinda phone do you have? Again, I'd suggest google "Calorie counters for ______" (Fill in your phone type in the ______ part)

and finally... Do you think its more beneficial to weigh yourself everyday or once a week???

That is all up to the individual. Daily weighing CAN get frustrating because you may see a shift up sometimes and freak out. But that could happen weekly too, you never know.
Personally, I love daily weighing and I am learning to let the small gains slide, as long as the numbers are generally going down.... But you'll see everyone has their own way of feeling more comfortable with the scale. Some daily, some weekly, some monthly...

muelle12
07-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Thank you so much!!!

Matilda08
07-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Did my workout yesterday (3.5 mile walk in 55 mins of HOT weather) and I was really proud, 'cos I didn't wanna.
Now I don't wanna again today, but I will, and I'll feel so dang good again after it's over :)

Nice today will be a treadmill walk for me as well! I have a book, yesterday I worked out for two hours I took kick boxing and body to pump. Im taking it easy today shud be fun Ill enjoy my book!

sarcruze
07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey Ladies, I weigh 226 and I can't wait to see 219. I calorie count and try to exercise 5-6 days a week. I want to start doing more high intensity exercises now that I am close to 200. I doesn't seem too far away or out of reach.

m3rma1d
07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Nice today will be a treadmill walk for me as well!

Ohhhhh, what I wouldn't give for a treadmill. *envious*

Matilda08
07-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey Ladies, I weigh 226 and I can't wait to see 219. I calorie count and try to exercise 5-6 days a week. I want to start doing more high intensity exercises now that I am close to 200. I doesn't seem too far away or out of reach.

You dont have long to go you will be there in no time!

m3rma1d
07-08-2010, 02:01 PM
YEAH BABY! 223.8 today!

muelle12
07-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Keep Going Ladies!

Sarcruze You're over halfway there!!!!

I did 2 miles on the Ellipticle (sp??) yesterday, and I'm going again tonight!

This is my first weekend on this new diet/exercise routine so I hope I can stay strong!

Matilda08
07-09-2010, 03:28 PM
I weighed in at 235 today so it would be so cool to be 229 month end lol! I hope everyone is doing good and working your plan. Im thinking of taking a rest day today. Its tom and I have cramps and I feel so drained:(

Dumplin
07-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey thanks for stated this ! I need to get OUT of these 220's I have hung out here too long ! I am gonna quit drinking diet coke for awhile to see if that helps me. I going to try to cut my wheat bread down some. I seem to be eating more sandwiches with summer time being here. I need to focus a little harder and not give up. I go to the gym 4x a week. I feel I have my workouts lined out. woo hoo !!! I am gonna start watching calories intake alot closer. Thanks again for starting this. I really need to focus on getting out of here . Good Luck everyone!!!

mingle
07-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Yep, I'm pretty anxious to get out of the 220's. I weighed in this morning at 229.2, so just got out of the 230's & it was a bit of a *****! ;)

215 is my next big goal, but just being out of the 22-'s is going to be a major accomplishment!

We can do this, ladies!!! :carrot:

Matilda08
07-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Welcome Dumplin and mingle!!!!!!!! We can do it together!!!!!

I weighed in at 234 today so hopefully ill see the 220s soon enough!!

xxunluv3dlizxx
07-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone! I just joined today on this site and started my blog..I too, am in the 230s (238 with clothes on this morning to be exact), my highest was 250 and then a year and a half ago I got to 221 and then it's slowly crept back up, and that will NEVER happen again!

I plan on starting P90x (crazy I know!) sometime at the end of next week, still waiting for it in the mail (should be here monday but i want to watch dvds first so no surprises!), and then get the junk food out and the right food in! So I can use all the encouragement I can get!

Good luck to everyone!

~Liz~

plusize2vixen
07-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Hey everyone! Congrats to all you ladies for working out! I'm also in the 230's. 236 during aunt flow. I'm doing atkins(sort of) but just can't find the energy yet to exersice. I have a treadmill I need to start up on for at least 20 mins a day and then I think I will add tae-bo amped again. We can do this ladies! Let's not give up and help each other on good days and bad!

kaylz
07-11-2010, 11:43 AM
hi all :)

congratz to everyone for getting nearer to your goal :D

im 267 at the moment, ready to start my new lifestyle tomorrow and im hoping to get down to atleast 140, so heres hoping i can lose that 127lbs :D

goodluck all :)

Matilda08
07-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Welcome newbies! Its great to see that there are a few of us. Lets get there together I know we can do it. Im planning on working out six days this week. mon-sat some days i will only walk though. Some days I will workout for 30 mins doing my jog/walk routine. I keep my workouts different because I get bored if I dont

steph15
07-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Hi Ladies-

This morning I weighed in and have lost 3 pounds this week down to 227! I have been busting it out on the exercise. I worked out for 2 hours yesterday (walked 5 miles, 20 mins elliptical and 20 minute of strength and today was 6 miles of walking). I am sore, but happy to see the results on the scale. I am trying on my wedding dress again (from 5 years ago) next week. If it fits then I feel like I have passed a huge milestone. Matilda you are doing awesome!!

muelle12
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Hey Ladies!! This past weekend was my first weekend on this new diet/exercise routine. I'm proud to say I kept the exercise going, and i *mostly* stayed on the diet. A few drinks through me for a loop. Fortunately, the exercise was enough to keep the scale from going up, but not enough to move it down. Lets get another hard week in! In the past I would do 2 miles on the elliptical, and thought that was plently... BUT after seeing how amazing all you ladies have done, I'm going to amp up my routine and throw in some strength training, and cycling, and hopefully something fun. I've discovered the most amazing exercise ever. (i'm sure you've heard of it) ZUMBA!!!! I'm in love!!!

Matilda08
07-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi Ladies-

This morning I weighed in and have lost 3 pounds this week down to 227! I have been busting it out on the exercise. I worked out for 2 hours yesterday (walked 5 miles, 20 mins elliptical and 20 minute of strength and today was 6 miles of walking). I am sore, but happy to see the results on the scale. I am trying on my wedding dress again (from 5 years ago) next week. If it fits then I feel like I have passed a huge milestone. Matilda you are doing awesome!!

:carrot: Nice work!!!!!!

Matilda08
07-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey Ladies!! This past weekend was my first weekend on this new diet/exercise routine. I'm proud to say I kept the exercise going, and i *mostly* stayed on the diet. A few drinks through me for a loop. Fortunately, the exercise was enough to keep the scale from going up, but not enough to move it down. Lets get another hard week in! In the past I would do 2 miles on the elliptical, and thought that was plently... BUT after seeing how amazing all you ladies have done, I'm going to amp up my routine and throw in some strength training, and cycling, and hopefully something fun. I've discovered the most amazing exercise ever. (i'm sure you've heard of it) ZUMBA!!!! I'm in love!!!

I take zumba from time to time at my gym. Im not crazy about it but when I wanna do something different I take it. It does give me a good workout because the instructor moves fast lol

musestar
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Hi all!

This morning I weighed myself and it looked like I've gone up a pound or two (I really need one of those digital scales). I'm disappointed, because I've been exercising 5-6 days a week and eating healthy.

I suppose I just gotta keep my head up and not give up, right?

Matilda08
07-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Hello ladies just checking in, I really didnt feel like working out today BUT I did anyway.

musestar- keep going you will probably get a woosh!!!

muelle12
07-13-2010, 12:04 PM
musestar- I understand that feeling! You can't let those little bumps in the road get you down. Its all part of the journey!!

Well, a killer migrane kept me from working out yesterday, but I am determined to make it to the gym tonight! Those days after I miss a workout are always the hardest for me to get the motivation back up to work out again.

Matilda08
07-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Just checking in ladies! Im up a little bit but nothing good diet cant work off lol

steph15
07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi Ladies-

I want to try zumba as well, I have heard it is a blast. I did water aerobics last night and I got my mom to come along, she had a great time. I think she may start coming with me more often. Tonight after work I am going to try for another 6 mile walk. I really want to get to Onderland by October
2nd (swimsuit vacation) so I am pushing myself pretty hard lately. But, that's ok if I get to my goal sooner rather than later. I hope everyone has a successful day today! :)

JMfan
07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Yay I fit into this weight group (barely) woohoo!

musestar
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks Matilda and muelle12. :)

I woke up extra early this morning just to get in some cardio to kickstart my day, and i felt a lot better after doing so! No change yet in the scale, but I'll give it a couple of days before I check again.

Matilda08
07-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Welcome JM fan!! Have fun with us....

steph I would love to take that class I love swimming and I know its a great workout. I wish my gym had a pool. I have a pool at the college I attend but they dont have classes and the Y is just too expensive.

steph15
07-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi Ladies-

Matilda this class does not even feel like exercise because it is so fun! It is at a community pool and you can pay $3.75 for an entire day pass! I pay just for the class but I still think that is pretty inexpensive. I walked 6 miles last night and I think I did not eat much before hand and came home and drank to much water and got sick. :( But I am just going to remember that for next time. I went ahead and signed up for a walk called Portland to Coast for next month. My work had someone drop out and they asked me to join. I remember them looking for people last fall, but I was in no shape nor did I have any motivation to join them at the time. Now, I am super excited. We take turns walking 2 6 mile legs over 2 days so I am walking more and more to get my stamina up. At the end, we get finisher medals, t-shirts and a party at the beach. I am excited and it is something to work towards that is a nsv. Anyways, sorry I rambled today and I hope everyone has a successful day!

TXMary2
07-14-2010, 10:49 AM
As of today I am 232.2 and so desperately want to get to my next mini goal of 228 - only 4 pounds to go!

I count calories and try to exercise 3-5 times a week for at least 20 minutes.

mingle
07-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Just popping in to say hi :)

I'm still hoovering around 229, but I have no one to blame but myself - definitely over indulged over the weekend. Hoping to still eek out a pound or so loss this week.

Been working out pretty hard & I love the way it makes me feel!

Hope everyone is doing well - keep at it ladies!!

Matilda08
07-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Steph- that isnt bad and its worth it too you which is all that matters!!! I know its fun because I love swimming and I bet you will look hot at goal because you will be toned:)

Txmary- you can do it your goal is within reach!!!!!

mingle- thats why we are here to push you through the harder times!!!! You can do it. Just continue to plug away

I down to 236.4 Im fine with that today is my two hour workout day in which I do 60 min of kickboxing and 60min body to pump! I hope the scales shows in the morning when I weigh in. I like you guys cant wait to welcome the 220s..........lets keep moving ladies we are doing great

muelle12
07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Scale went down another pound today!!! YAY! Worked out this morning, and going again after work!!

workingonit
07-14-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm hoping to join this group. Weighed in at 240 this morning and there's some monthly water weight at work in that number. I've just started working out and watching what I eat after a nearly 10 month period of slacking off and not watching what I eat. I know if I can just get enough motivation to stick with it through the first month, exercising and eating well will become habits.

JMfan
07-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Went to the doc, went down a pound. woohoo!

muelle12
07-15-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to reach that point where motivation is lacking...

after yesterday's success of the scale dropping, I was completely pumped and doubled my normal workout! While this felt great, I didn't feel great when the scale didn't move at all this morning!! Frustrating!!!! I'm starting to feel like my effort isn't working :(

JMfan
07-15-2010, 12:57 PM
I am so terribly sore. I had to take yesterday off after my crazy 1.5 workout session on Tuesday (BL cardio max, yoga meltdown, and rockin body party express). I swear it was total post binge workout guilt keeping me going...had to be.

Must workout today. Cardio Max + BL Weight Loss yoga.

Geez, I can't wait to get into the 220s...

musestar
07-15-2010, 11:00 PM
I've been doing good workout-wise for the past few days...I've done at least 30 min of cardio/weights everyday. The scale says I'm down to 229, woo!

steph15
07-16-2010, 03:01 AM
I was going to take tonight off from exercise but DH said "remember our vacation is only 10 weeks away and you bought a new suit to wear?" So I got my butt on the elliptical and did 40 minutes tonight. I am really hoping that the scale is good to me Saturday. I hope everyone is doing great!

SmilingAtTheFuture
07-16-2010, 04:39 AM
I'm right at 230.5, and it's just killing me to think that 10.5 pounds would put me in the teens AND in pants I want to start wearing again. Is it wrong to fantasize about the willpower to strap oneself to a treadmill during the daylight hours? ;)

Matilda08
07-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to reach that point where motivation is lacking...

after yesterday's success of the scale dropping, I was completely pumped and doubled my normal workout! While this felt great, I didn't feel great when the scale didn't move at all this morning!! Frustrating!!!! I'm starting to feel like my effort isn't working :(

Thats all a part of the journey! You have to find something that keeps you motivated on your WL goal. For me logging onto this site checking out goal stories and mini goals of others help so much. Im always dreaming about my goal weight. Keep pushing through you can do it!

Matilda08
07-16-2010, 12:50 PM
I've been doing good workout-wise for the past few days...I've done at least 30 min of cardio/weights everyday. The scale says I'm down to 229, woo!

WTG!!! Cant wait to see 220s

Matilda08
07-16-2010, 12:51 PM
I am not feeling well today, My stomach is hurting so im not sure If ill workout today but def tomorrow. I have to workout on saturday thats what helps me not to gain over the weekend! I hope all is well ladies keep up the good work!

muelle12
07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Matilda Thanks for the support! I'm just an emotional rollar coaster when it comes to weight loss. The scale went down another 1.6 pounds today so I'm back on my high again. Working out after work! I really just need to focus on the long term goals and stop letting small set backs get to me.

girlonfire
07-16-2010, 02:31 PM
I wanna join :(. Soon soon soon!

steph15
07-16-2010, 11:51 PM
I am not feeling well today, My stomach is hurting so im not sure If ill workout today but def tomorrow. I have to workout on saturday thats what helps me not to gain over the weekend! I hope all is well ladies keep up the good work!

I hope you get to feeling better soon. :hug: I had been feeling kind of crummy and I almost wonder if it was working out in the heat?? I am not sure but after working out inside last night I felt a lot better. I weighed myself this morning and I was at 225. I am shooting for 224 by Monday (BL weigh in day). If I hit 224 that will be 20% loss of my body. Woo Hoo!!

I hope everyone is doing great and has a wonderful weekend!

Cheriann
07-17-2010, 02:38 PM
So happy just had to share, I finally broke out of the 240's. I am at 238.5 and am looking forward to reaching the 220's

Matilda08
07-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks and congrats steph!!!!!

Welcome Cherly

Im going from 235-237 the 230s were hard for me to get out of before but I have to keep pushing. Im hoping to have a better week. We can do this ladies!!!!

Matilda08
07-19-2010, 12:29 PM
How is everyone? Im trucking along hoping to see more loss this week ill be doing my jog routine!

hairchick40v
07-19-2010, 12:35 PM
I am knockin on 239's door, but I haven't gotten there yet!! I am tryin, maybe this week!!!

workingonit
07-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Glad you are feeling better!

I'm working on consistency in exercise. I restarted last week after 10 months of inactivity. Only made it to the gym 2x last week and I'm aiming for at least 4x. I recognized part of the problem is that mornings before work are the only time I can really work out. Commuting makes evenings tough and lunch is unpredictable due to workload. I need to get to bed earlier so I can get up earlier & make it to the gym

I made it to the gym this am and I brought my lunch from home. I work in Midtown NYC where every tempting food imaginable is available! So I'm trying to save $ & calories by bringing lunch. I also made my own salad dressing for the first time this weekend. I really liked it and I like being able to determine exactly what goes in there re: oil (less) and fresh herbs (more).

I was conscious of portion control, I measured out the amount of whole grain pasta I had as well as quinoa this weekend. I did indulge in some breakfast from a nearby cafe, but I threw about half of it out. I felt a little guilty, but better in the trash than in my arteries. I wish the place had smaller portions. Portion sizes are outta control these days. The thing was, I was perfectly satisfied and even a bit full with the amount I did have.

muelle12
07-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Hit 243 this morning! I can't wait till I actually belong in this group :)

mkat321
07-19-2010, 02:28 PM
peeking in- can I join? I'm bouncing between 230 and 228.2.

My weight loss, diet and exercise all stalled out in mid-June when my mother fell ill unexpectedly. She passed 2 weeks ago and now that the estate is settled and sorted and my dad is starting to sleep at night again and all, I need to get back to it, and need to be accountable for it.

steph15
07-19-2010, 03:07 PM
peeking in- can I join? I'm bouncing between 230 and 228.2.

My weight loss, diet and exercise all stalled out in mid-June when my mother fell ill unexpectedly. She passed 2 weeks ago and now that the estate is settled and sorted and my dad is starting to sleep at night again and all, I need to get back to it, and need to be accountable for it.

Mkat321 :hug: I am so sorry about to hear about your mom. Good for you on getting back on track so quickly.

I screwed up my back Saturday so I was did not get any exercise in the last couple of days but still lost 2 pounds this week. I am hoping to lose 3 pounds this week and I am starting up the exercise again today.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Matilda08
07-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Hello ladies! Im STILL in the 230s. I must admitt Ive been not op the way I was the past few weeks. I did 45mins of kickboxing yesterday today I will workout as well not sure what ill be doing though. How are you guys? where is everyone!!!

muelle12
07-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Feeling Alright today... Went out last night for my friends birthday, 3 beers later, the scale still went down .2 lbs... at least I didn't gain? Hitting the Gym after work today!

musestar
07-20-2010, 02:50 PM
I've been having a good week so far, though yesterday I felt hungry all day, despite eating what I (now) normally eat. I'm assuming it was just one of those days!

Holding steady at 229 for now!

workingonit
07-21-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm officially into the 230s now, down to 235. I know it's mostly water weight due to shedding of monthly cycle retained water and less takeout=less sodium=less water weight. But I'm down 5 pounds, so that's a nice boost to keep up with things! :) Next minigoal is 230. I know it's healthier to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week. That's my usual pace once I get the cutting down on sodium jumpstart.

muelle12
07-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Well I've been dieting for 2 weeks now, and I've lost 5.8 lbs... im thinking I need to do something to bump up my weight loss... I'm going to increase my work-outs, does any one have any other suggestions??

Matilda08
07-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Well I've been dieting for 2 weeks now, and I've lost 5.8 lbs... im thinking I need to do something to bump up my weight loss... I'm going to increase my work-outs, does any one have any other suggestions??

5.8 is great for two weeks! Stick with what your doing for now because its working. Of course you can add more workouts but you dont want to burn yourself out. GOod luck whatever you decide!

Matilda08
07-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Hello ladies today I weighed in at 238 grrrrr thats 4lbs in like a week and a half or so. Ive been op for the past few days. I dont know hopefully I get a wosh!

PinkHoodie
07-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Finally starting my diet again today at 225! So happy to be back to eating healthy! Hope to be out of the 220s in the next few weeks. :)

Matilda08
07-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Im down to 235 today and I feel great! Ready to keep trucking lol hope you all are hanging in there!!!!

AlyssaMcN
07-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone! I'm gonna jump in here if that's alright!

I started a couple weeks ago at 234.8, and I weighed in at 231.6 today! So hopefully I'll be hanging out in the 220's soon.

My high weight has been upper 230's for the past couple years, and last year I got down to around 207. So I'm hoping to get through these 230's/220's for good this time!

Matilda08
07-22-2010, 12:07 PM
welcome Alyssa!!!

muelle12
07-22-2010, 12:08 PM
at 243 this morning, and Birthday festivities start tonight! Gonna try really hard to not be outrageous this weekend.

Matilda08
07-23-2010, 01:44 AM
How is everyone?

Cheriann
07-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah as of this morning I'm at 236. And I have lost 54 inches overall. And I have lost 30 pounds of pure fat. And I have been able to stop the Blood pressure medication. And then I also found out that I can reduce the MS medication to every other week instead of once a week. So I am pretty happy to have such a great end to my week.

ledom
07-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Just got out of the 240s today! Happy Day!!!! And happy to be conquering the 230s now.

PinkHoodie
07-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Weighed in at 221.2 this morning. I know its because I recently started eating healthy, and exercising...but if its like last time I did South Beach it will stick!!! :)

Matilda08
07-23-2010, 03:18 PM
great work ladies Im down to 234 as of today so I want to keep my fingers crossed because its very possible to see 220s come month end!!!

MablesGirl
07-26-2010, 10:14 AM
224.8 today! I've been stuck in the 226-228 range for 2 months. Onward and downward!

jennyplain
07-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Checking in on this thread since I am slowly but surely working my way out of the 220s. I was at 224 on Saturday - ready to keep progressing down! This week is going to be crazy for work, which means less time to eat and lots of physical activity since we have some crazy photo shoots. Yay!

Matilda08
07-26-2010, 12:28 PM
you ladies are doing great! I have to work extra hard this month. I am up to 237 today and Ive been in the 230s way to long. Its been a month ugh! Hopefully I have a better week.

PinkHoodie
07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm so mad at myself! I was down to 219.8 on Friday. Then on Saturday I had a bunch of Chinese food!!! Its SO messed up. So I am back up to 223 today. Gonna pull it together and stick with it for a MONTH! :)

musestar
07-26-2010, 08:01 PM
I went off track this weekend...some friends came to visit and we went out to restaurants, had drinks, etc. I went up a pound. Ugh!

Gotta work extra hard this week.

Les
07-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey, I am pretty new at this forum, but I think ones in a while, darn the pounds, you have to eat what you like, or you will eventually fall of the wagon.

It does not help to feel bad about a nice dinner or drink when you enjoyed it.

Just go on like normal and it will be okay.

Also if you are like me if you feel upset or guilty I crave food and start eating with no end, since I never feel full.

So far I have not been doing exercise, but thinking of toning my body a little so I don't start flapping LOL
I walk dogs in the local shelter so I do get mileage.

steph15
07-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Well TOM is on the way and I have been stuck at 225 for the last week. :( The good news is once it starts I usually drop 2-3 pounds so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

PinkHoodie
07-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Guh...224.3....why can't I get on and see 219 again!! :P

susiemartin
07-28-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm 238.8 this morning! Yippie!!!!! :carrot:

kbj0123
07-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi everyone,
I am interested in joining this group. 2 weeks ago i was at 244 and lost 7.4 on South Beach to get to 237.2! I am estatic because I haven't been under 240 for over 4 years!

My new goal is to get under 230!!

I workout at least 5 days a week alternating Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs and Shaun T's Rockin' Body. All the best to everyone.

Consistence is the key, let's keep at it.

Karen

Matilda08
07-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Welcome to all the new ladies!!! We can do this together.

July hasnt been a great month for me. Today Im at 237 the 230s are always so hard to get out of for me.

I need more will power, thanks for keeping this thread alive ladies..

AlyssaMcN
07-28-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm at 231 as of this morning, hoping I can be in the 220's after this week!

Keep it up girls!

PinkHoodie
07-28-2010, 02:10 PM
221 this morning! Wohooo! :)

Matilda08
07-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Hello ladies! Today I am down to 236 two lbs up from my lowest! I hope you are doing well. I have to get back in the gym. Ive been op with my eating but the gym would have boosted things im sure.

CherryAutumn
07-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi. I am hoping to get myself firmly in the 230's I keep bouncing between 230's and 240's. Anyway my last official weigh in i was 239.8. Got to keep heading down.

PinkHoodie
07-29-2010, 12:52 PM
I hate this bouncing around. 219.4 yesterday, 220.8 this morning. Ugh. I REALLY don't want to start counting calories but sometimes I think I need to. :P

Matilda08
07-29-2010, 08:48 PM
you sound like me im always bouncing around

PinkHoodie
07-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Finally out of the 220s!!!! Weighed in at 218 today! Wohooooo! Now just no bouncing back!

Matilda08
08-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Congrats pinkhoodie!!!!!

I saw a new low of 233.8 today so im happy about that!

kbj0123
08-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Well today I weighed in at 239.8, up 2.6 lbs from last week. I am on SB and just started adding back carbs. I will up my exercise this week and hope for great results.

PudgyGurl
08-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Hello everyone! Weighed in yesterday at 239.4 I am happy to join your group! Can't wait to see the 2teens! Anyone doing 30 Day Shred? I am starting it today.

steph15
08-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi Ladies-

Sorry I have been MIA for the last few days. I have been super busy and had the lovely TOM so no loss last week, but jumped on the scale today and I am down 4 pounds to 221! I am so excited and really hope I hit my Hawaii goal by 10/2 which is Onederland!

ORSewmama
08-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm introducing myself over here, hope to be joining you very soon! I was at 239.6 this morning, but I tend to hit a low and then bounce up. I'll be coming soon though!

Matilda08
08-03-2010, 11:45 AM
welcome!!!!

I hit 233.0 today 220s Im coming for you!!!

musestar
08-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Down to 228 today, woo!

steph15
08-03-2010, 08:08 PM
This morning I weighed in at 219!! I am going to stick here for another day or so to make sure it was not a fluke. :)

ORSewmama
08-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Inspiring losses, ladies!!

I'm down to 239.0 today. Hoping this really does stick, and no bounces back up!

sarcruze
08-03-2010, 09:57 PM
hello Ladies!!! I posted here at the beginning and then I hit a funk for a few weeks and gained 10lbs back. I've lost 7 of those pounds and I am hoping to finally move out of the 220's. Its been hard this month, especially when I felt so unmotivated and angry that I hit a plateau. I started exercising and eating healthy again. I am also going to start the 30 day shred. It kicked my butt big time the last time i tried it, so I am a lil scared to do it again. But I gonna put my big girl panties on and do it.

Matilda08
08-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Steph- you are working it girlie! keep up the good work...

orsewmama-welcome we can do this!!!!

sarcruze-you can do it we all can together!

I reached a new low today 232.0 Im VERY happy about that!!!!!!!

Lindifer
08-05-2010, 01:14 AM
I have been 226 for a few days now. I wish the number would go down more, but 226 is pretty nice. For some reason getting into the twenties was a real wake up for me. Holy Cow I really am losing weight! I will probably pass out when I see a number in the teens.

steph15
08-05-2010, 02:57 AM
Bye everyone I am heading over to the other thread. Matilda, I will see you and everyone else over there soon!

Matilda08
08-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Congrats steph! Nice work.....

kateleestar
08-05-2010, 11:39 AM
HI EVERYONE!!

I'm a new 230's chick. I'm solidly in the 230's since Friday. I was 237 this morning!!

Hi! I'm Katie. I'm 28, married almost 2 years, no kids, 1 dog (Rigby - 1/2 jack russell 1/2 beagle, sigh) 2 cats (C.C - Black, 10 years young with an attitude and Scarlett, 1, spazzy as all get out and solid gray. (GO BUCKS!)) I love snow, the beach, STARS (as in the shape) and my car.

Hopefully I won't be here forever, as I was only in the '250-240' thread for just about 7 weeks. :)

It's nice to meet everyone!!

Matilda08
08-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Welcome becky!! I should be gone soon but Ill enjoy you guys while here lol

PudgyGurl
08-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi, great job Steph! Everyone is doing great! Weighed in today at 237.0 I can't wait to see the 220's.

RockyMtnGirl
08-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Hey Everybody!
I just turned 24 and am getting married in June and would like to be at my goal weight by then... My closer goal is to be at 199 for Wedding Dress Shopping in October, which only gives me 9 weeks to lose about 30 lbs, eek!

Matilda08
08-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Welcome newbies!!!!

Im up a little today but its my fault i had a few lite beers late last night, im sure thats what caused it

PudgyGurl
08-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Today marks 1 week of my healthier lifestyle. Started at 244.2 today I weighed in at 236.0 total of 8.2 lbs! I am so stoked! I hope to see the 220's soon!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding RockyMntGirl, you will do great, your wedding will definitely motivate you. :)

Matilda, those things happen! That extra weight from the beer will come off soon!

Matilda08
08-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks pudgygirl and congrats on your first week!!

VicSin13
08-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Hello all! Well I am finally almost at the 230 mark. I have a few more pounds to go because I am now at 233! But heavens! After seeing the scale go from 248 down to 233 I feel like dancing! I feel less tired, I am in a better mood and generally my whole outlook on life is better! I am also very pleased that my waist went from almost 50 inches to 43! WOW I never expected that big of a difference! I can't wait till I am in onderland, but my progress in the 200s has been uplifting and definitely motivating!

Kittykat Red
08-06-2010, 11:20 PM
hi whats the 30 day shred?

Kittykat Red
08-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Its ok just looked it up and have it ordered from amazon...x

musestar
08-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Down to 225 today! I'm so excited!

Dyeral
08-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Hello everyone! I just got into the 230s this past tuesday! I'm really excited there is a thread for these little milestones!

Matilda08
08-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Welcome dyeral!!!

I had a horible weekend where I just ate all the wrong things. I was at 237.4 today ugh I have to work it back down ive been in the 230s way to long

ORSewmama
08-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Matlida - I can so relate. I had a horrible last week. I strained something in my back, so no exercise, and I just made bad choices. I hate when I make bad choices and I know I'm making bad choices while I'm doing it! Back on track as of Saturday, but just maintained. I'm hanging out at 239.4. I want to blow out of these 230s soon!

jennyplain
08-09-2010, 12:34 PM
STILL at 224.2. Sigh. This is three weeks in a row, and I am following my plan. Come on, body, give me a whoosh.

Matilda08
08-09-2010, 02:20 PM
lol@ jenny I hear you!

RockyMtnGirl
08-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Right at 230.8... I so want to officially be in the 220s! Just .8 away!!!

PudgyGurl
08-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Weighed in today, 233.6 I can't wait to see the 220's! In the past I always seemed to stall at 224, I hope that doesn't happen this time!

sarcruze
08-09-2010, 05:53 PM
I had hit 223 a few weeks ago and then I go and gain ten pounds back. I wasn't really exercising and I was being a lil naughty when it came to my food choices. But it wasn't too bad. I got my period last week and the weight just dropped off. I am now 222 and the teens r right at my reach. I hope I get there soon. I am not going to let myself slack again cos I gained a few pounds. Thats unacceptable. I am gonna continue to exercise like I have been doing for the last three days in a row. I am gonna make better food choices again. I believe I started to feel too comfortable because I am liking the way I look and my self confidence is coming back lil by lil.lol

moonkissed
08-09-2010, 06:32 PM
:( Last year I went down more then 20lbs was under 200 but then I fell off the wagon and hit a downward spiral.

Now I weigh more then when I started last year. I am at 231. But I am back and working my way back down! I can do it :)

:carrot:

DStewart
08-09-2010, 06:44 PM
:carrot:Hi Everyone, I am new on here just found 3FC and am excited. I started counting points today and weighed and am at 280......my first goal is 3 pounds down to 279........I am about 110 lbs. overweight.........so I am reaching out for support!!

Cheriann
08-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Excited because I am getting very close to the 220's. As of this morning I lost another pound which puts me at 231.5 so 2.5 pounds to be under 230. I am going to get there by the end of the week. Yeah!:carrot:

susiemartin
08-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Weighed in today, 233.6 I can't wait to see the 220's!
Me too - exactly :cool:

sandyfanny
08-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I got out of the 220's last week - 219! I don't see a thread for Getting Out of the 2Teens...should I start one? You seem like a friendly bunch - can I hang with you out of the teens?

Matilda08
08-10-2010, 12:42 PM
WOW what a pleasant surprise to see so many new posts!!!! Good we need all the surport we can get.

Rocky - you can do it!!

Pudgy- I always take forever to get out of the 230s and 220s I really need to see the 220s this month!

sarcruze- you are doing a fab job!

moonkissed- join the club I got down to 220 and two months ago was up to 250 and im losing again so dust yourself off and keep going.

Cheryl -nice work you are getting soo close!

Sandy there is a 2teens thread I saw it not to long ago you just have to go through the pages and find it congrats on making it to the 2teens!

Matilda08
08-12-2010, 12:03 PM
How is everyone? You guys are too quiet I hope its a good thing lol

AlyssaMcN
08-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I hope the 220's/230's aren't giving everyone too much trouble!

I weighed in at 224.8 today, putting me halfway through the 220's. It also puts me 10 pounds down from my SW. :D

Today is the first day of TOM, so I'm bracing myself for weird weight fluctuations over the next week. Hopefully after that I can leave the 220's for good!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Matilda08
08-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Alyssa-nice work!!!

Im back down finally to where I started this month. 233.8 Im going to get to the 220s this month without a doubt!

AlyssaMcN
08-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks, good job Matilda! I'm sure you'll be in the 220's soon.

kateleestar
08-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in, so hopefully I'll be farther into the 230's... I'm hoping for 234 but I'm expecting 236 or 235.

I have to drink looooooots of water today. Tonight is a bday dinner of a DEAR friend at a hibachi place, and while I wont eat tons, I will eat. So... I'm water-loading! :D

AlyssaMcN
08-13-2010, 04:31 PM
kateleestar - good luck with the scale tomorrow! And have fun at dinner, I love hibachi!

Matilda08
08-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone! I hope all is well. Im showing 233.6 today my new low is 232 so this week im hoping to brake my new low.

dietcokehead98
08-15-2010, 09:15 PM
NO matter what I do....i'm the same. The same weight. 223. It wont budge.

ORSewmama
08-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Finally, after being stuck at 239.x-240.x since the 27th of July!, I saw a new number today! I had a woosh down to 238.5. I hope this sticks, and ends that little plateau. Because I'm ready to move on!

Matilda08
08-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Dietcokehead- what are you eating? what plan are you on? Maybe we may be able to give you some tips.

orsewmomma- congrats!

Im so determined to make it to the 220s this freaking week. Today I wi at 234.2 so i know that I can shed four lbs this week I know I can but I have to work harder. I must challenge myself!

ORSewmama
08-16-2010, 01:15 PM
You can do it Matilda! It will be worth it, too!

I'm down a little more to 238.1. So glad the whoosh stuck. Now to just stay on plan and keep moving on down!

AlyssaMcN
08-16-2010, 01:38 PM
I weighed in at 223 today! I can't believe it, I feel like I can be in the 2-teens in a couple weeks! I am hoping that TOM isn't fooling the scale for me though. I've been doing this for 5 weeks now, so I'm not really sure what effect my TOM will have on the numbers. I'm just hoping I can stick around 223 for this week.

Cheriann
08-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Made it to 230.5 on Saturday and am hoping to break into the 220's very soon. So focus today is to really watch calories today and drink lots of water the rest of the day. My next WI is tomorrow so really crossing my fingers cause I am shooting for 228 ish.

Matilda08
08-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Good morning all!

you all are doing such a fab job! thanks for inspiring me:) I am downt o 233.0 I can taste the 220s!!!!!

ORSewmama
08-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Everyone is doing great! I'm hoping to hit the 220s sometime in Sept. I was at 237.6 this morning, so just continuing the downward trend! Did weight training today, so I expect to be up tomorrow like every day after weight training day :)

kateleestar
08-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Only lost a pound last week. I'm SURE it was the soy-sauce-overload on Friday night, so I'm hoping to be down 2+ this week. However, I leave for vacation on Friday night, so I'm weighing in on Friday morning this week, a whole day early. No harm, no foul though.

And I plan to maintain on vacation. I'm not crazy-eating-lady like usual, and I'll make smarter choices than I have in the past, but I'm not going to skip on crab legs! Hex no! ;) I just wont use butter for dipping, they are tasty on their own. :D

Wish me luck! My plan is to be in the 220's by mid-sept and out of the 2teens by the end of October.. I hope. Lol.

Matilda08
08-18-2010, 09:53 AM
kate- a lb is better than gaining a lb. wtg

Hello everyone Im back down to 232.0 so lets get these 2.1 lbs gone. I know I can do it!

Cheriann
08-18-2010, 10:10 AM
I made into the 220's. I'm officially 228.5 so that leaves only 7 pounds to reach a total of 50 pounds lost. I should be able to get there in the next couple of weeks. Can't believe that I am now only 17 pounds away from my halfway point which will put me in the middle of the 2 teens....I havent been there in 2 1/2 years and my lowest then was 217. So I am pretty pumped and ready to get there. :carrot:

Matilda08
08-18-2010, 12:29 PM
WTG!!!!!! Im so happy for you and I know I'll be there shortly!

AlyssaMcN
08-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Kate - a 1 lb. loss is good progress!

Matilda - I bet it feels good to be back at your low 232! Keep it up and you'll be in the 220's so soon.

Cheriann - almost a 50 lb loss and a halfway point, you're such an inspiration!

I weighed in at 221.2 this morning after being 223.2 for a few days. I'm crossing my fingers to be 221.something tomorrow. I hope it's not just a water fluctuation! If I'm still here tomorrow, I can start to believe that I'm almost in the 2-teens!

Matilda08
08-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Good morning just checking in still 232 today looking for a whoosh because I plan to workout hard today and tomorrow!

ORSewmama
08-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Matilda - good job hitting that low!

Alyssa - you'll see the 2-teens so soon!!

I'm at 236.4 today, hoping to keep on moving down. It was a nice little whoosh from yesterday, so I won't be surprised if I pop back up a bit :)

Matilda08
08-20-2010, 11:52 AM
HI girls 231.4 today *she blushes* !!

bumbee
08-20-2010, 12:28 PM
I am back, I started at 315 went down to 205 and now I am back at 234.2 this morning. I can not believe i am almost 30 pounds up I stop counting calories and started drinking again I still workout but not much Here is my new plan
Check in here everyday
Eat 1200 calories
Workout 1 hr a day
I will not drink until I reach 170
I will not eat gluten or sweets
My brother in law and I have a bet to see If I can lose 40 pounds by thanksgiving,If i do it there is a huge reward for me. SO count me in I am ready to start

Matilda08
08-20-2010, 10:38 PM
welcome back bumbee!

Matilda08
08-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Terrible weekend! Anyone have a harder time staying op during weekends??? I completely blew making it to the 220s. ugh grrrr

ORSewmama
08-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Weekends are SO hard for me, too Matilda - so hard. DH is home, the kids are home, and we sleep in and actually eat a family breakfast (read: not my 280 cal standard breakfast). It's so hard for me on the weekends!

jennyplain
08-23-2010, 02:41 PM
222! 45 total. Now to plough on ahead to 50!

AlyssaMcN
08-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Terrible weekend! Anyone have a harder time staying op during weekends??? I completely blew making it to the 220s. ugh grrrr

Sounds like we had a similar weekend! I ended up drinking a bit Friday night (totally over calories) and I indulged in quite a few cookies at a bbq on Saturday. It's amazing how quickly I let go of my limits and was totally okay eating the sweets. It's the first weekend that I've gone off plan, so I felt pretty guilty about it, but there's no use in feeling guilty and beating yourself up!

First, think about how much lighter you are now than you were! Take time to appreciate what you've accomplished so far instead of thinking about how much you still need to do. Second, get right back on plan, and think about how before, you might have gone days before considering eating healthy. You've made a big change in your life, and it takes time for it to stick. You can get through this!

Because of my less than stellar weekend, I've been thinking about weekends a lot today. I've been so great at sticking to plan so far, that this weekend really threw me off. I think if I had planned more and been more on guard, I could have stayed on plan. So I think I'm going to plan my weekends a bit more. I'm considering adding an exercise class on Saturday morning, and hopefully that will give me incentive to not drink Friday night, and eat on plan Saturday during the day.

You totally haven't blown your chance to make it to the 220's! It's a learning process, and while you might not make it this week, you will eventually make it. Just keep up your good work and I know you'll get there. :hug:

AlyssaMcN
08-23-2010, 04:48 PM
222! 45 total. Now to plough on ahead to 50!

Congrats! You're almost in the 2-teens and at 50 pounds lost! That's so inspiring! Keep it up! :carrot:

nitenic
08-23-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm sooooo ready to join y'all here! Been hovering at 241 for the last week or so but I wanted to delurk to give everyone a heads up that I plan on being in your gracious company this week.

- Nichole

musestar
08-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi everyone...I've been on vacation so I haven't been on much. I'm currently hovering around 225 still, and I'm happy to report that I can now fit into a size 16 pair of jeans! YES!

Matilda08
08-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Willpower dust!!!! I hope everyone has a better week. Congrats to all of you making progress! We CAN do this

Matilda08
08-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Good morning everyone! Im still getting over the weekend screw up. I think that starting this weekend I am going to work out extra on weekends so that I can stay op. Im going to commit to taking a 30 cycle class on saturdays and also step sculpt at my gym. Sundays will be harder as Ive always relaxed on sundays but even if I have to just go for a walk I will. Im so sick of doing good all week and then screwing up all my hard work on weekends:( I need to kick myself in the butt!!!

nitenic
08-24-2010, 12:17 PM
C'mon Matilda, you can do this!!! You're too close. Get your head in the game again please ma'am! :hug:

My official weigh in day is Friday but I was super pleased to see 239.5 on the scale this morning. So I guess I will stop lurking and be a regular for the next month. :carrot:

- Nichole

Kalymarie
08-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Hi there, I just found this thread. Hopefully I'm not a little late in joining. Ive been on my weight loss journey for about a month now. I've lost 10 pounds, currently at 237. The last time I was below 230 was 3 years ago and my lowest in my adult life was only 210. I cant wait to get back into the teens again and then on to onederland. I'm glad to find a thread with people in the same boat. I'm a calorie counter and do cardio 5 days a week and strength training twice a week. It seems like it's taking me alot more work to drop the weight this time but it will be worth it.

Matilda08
08-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Good morning ladies Im slowly working my way down. Hopefully I can welcome the 220s for 9/1 today I wi at 235.0 four lbs away from my low.

nichole-thanks for the encouragement!!

kaly- welcome!

Kalymarie
08-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi again, checking in and looking for a little encouragement. I am a daily weigher, I know that's not really the greatest idea buy I swear I'm like an addict. Lol. It's such a rush to see those little digits tell me good news. But on the other hand it is sooooo discouraging when it stays the same or god forbid goes up. I swear my weight fluctuates so crazy, it can go up 2 pounds in one day even if I stayed under calories and worked out! Last week the scale hit 236, I was ecstatic (10 lbs lost!) then it went right back up to 237 and has hovered there for 5 days dispite being on plan and working out. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong, how do I break this plateau?

AlyssaMcN
08-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi again, checking in and looking for a little encouragement. I am a daily weigher, I know that's not really the greatest idea buy I swear I'm like an addict. Lol. It's such a rush to see those little digits tell me good news. But on the other hand it is sooooo discouraging when it stays the same or god forbid goes up. I swear my weight fluctuates so crazy, it can go up 2 pounds in one day even if I stayed under calories and worked out! Last week the scale hit 236, I was ecstatic (10 lbs lost!) then it went right back up to 237 and has hovered there for 5 days dispite being on plan and working out. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong, how do I break this plateau?

Hi Kalymarie! First of all, congrats on the weight loss so far!

I am also a daily weigher, and i love it. It works a lot better for me than weekly weighing. I think with daily weighing, it's necessary to change your mindset a little bit. It can be fun to see a steady loss everyday, but you kind of have to separate your emotions so that you don't get down when it fluctuates up. I type my weight into a chart everyday, and it helps me look at things more scientifically. When I have a day when I'm a pound or so up, I look at where I was the week before, and usually I'm still lower than that day.

A lot of things can affect the fluctuations - especially water retention (which can be caused by a lot of sodium in the diet and/or not enough water) and TOM. Our hormones change a lot during our cycle, and that can temporarily affect weight loss. Also, you can retain water after working out hard because your muscles are repairing themselves.

I would keep on doing what you're doing for a couple more weeks, and drink a little more water if you aren't getting enough now. I think after about 2 weeks of plateau, it's a good time to re-evaluate your calories or another factor. Also if you've lost 9 pounds in a month, that's fantastic progress, your body might just be taking a few days to readjust.

Don't get discouraged, you're doing things right, and life's too short to beat yourself up!

Matilda08
08-25-2010, 02:07 PM
I am weigh in daily the key is doing it at the sametime each day. Its going to go up and down like a roller coaster but the key is to use it to your advantage. when its up be determined to get it down and vise versa.

Once you get into the swing of things it gets much easier. Also dont be afraid to take a brake from it every so often. Good luck and keep going

nitenic
08-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Good advice Alyssa!

Haven't updated my ticker yet but I'm at 237.5 today. My official weigh in day is tomorrow so even though I'm going out of town, I'm taking my scale with me! :D

Hope everyone has a great day.

Kalymarie
08-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks Alyssa, that is good advice. I'm going to start writing on my calendar at home so I can look at it like that. On a happy note I did break that plateau finally and my scale said 235.6 this morning. It was very exciting. I drink alot of water but upped my intake for the last few days so maybe that helped. You guys are all doing so well losing, hopefully I can keep up this pace too.

Matilda08
08-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Good morning all! Im still plugging away to get into the 220s. Today I wi at 232.4 Im praying I stay op this weekend. I def have to keep myself busy!

mkat321
08-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Afternoon ladies. I am back in the 230's {232.1 this a.m.} but AF is in town so that's probably that.

I think I may have lost my mind. I'm seriously considering entering this: http://www.eatcleandiet.com/contests/?id=12

Kalymarie
08-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Wow Matilda!Good job! I wish I saw my scale go down like that. Your doing fantastic, hope you make your 220s by September goal.

Matilda08
08-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Good morning!! I hope everyone is having a great day. Im still plugging away!

nitenic
08-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Finally... official weigh in day and I'm at 236.5.

Let's all stay strong this weekend!

muelle12
08-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi Ladies! I can finally officially post in this thread! 239 this morning :)

Aclai4067
08-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Hello ladies. The 220s have been elluding me for some time now. I've been fluctuated between 240s and 230s for months. I'm back in the 230s now and, damnit, the only way I'm leaving again is going down! Come to me 220s, I long for you so.

ORSewmama
08-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Having a good weekend so far! Was down to 235.5 this morning, I was so thankful to finally see that 235 this morning after what felt like forever in 236-237!

This weekend is easier since DH is gone - so I am only pleasing myself and my two young girls with the meals prepared :) And to be honest, they're at the ages where they don't eat well anyway, so I'm not feeling overwhelmingly compelled to cook anything other than what I want, and what keeps me on program :D

Matilda08
08-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Happy monday everyone. Im still fighting the 230s today I weighed in at 235. Im going to try and make sept a way better month. My eating has been on a off this month and It has to stop if I wanna make my goal.

Ashley- you and I both, we can do this!!!

ORsewmomma- congrats on staying on plan. Weekends are much harder for me as well!

Kalymarie
08-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Finally made it down to 234.4 this morning after kindof a hard weekend. ALOT of temptation. I feel pretty good about it and Im hoping to stay on this path and not fluctuate back up this time.

mkat321
08-31-2010, 10:32 AM
up a pound today but AF is in town so that's probably why. I feel pretty good about my eating and exercise overall right now so I'm not letting the scale spaz me out. Hubby is getting us a total gym and I'm watching the videos online and getting more and more excited because it replaces just about all the exercises I will miss when it gets too cold and slippery outside to drive the 20 some miles to the gym.

Matilda08
08-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Today I wi at 234.4. this is getting old lol 220s i need to see you

kbj0123
08-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Congrats on your loss Matilda. I am still struggling with the 230's and hopefully September will be that month for us. I was down 1.2 last week, so here is to a great week on plan for all of us!

julz05
08-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi all,

I'm stuck in the 230's too! I've been bouncing from 234-239 for the last month. Today I weighed in at 235.6 Definitely looking forward to getting into the 220's in September. :smug:

Matilda08
09-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Hopefully I make it to the 220s this week. Today I wi at 233.7 or so. Good luck ladies new month new goals we can do this!!!!

mkat321
09-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Evening ladies. My 1st of the month weigh in has me at 231 even and AF is in town. I'm hoping the post-af loss when it gets here pushes me back down to 229 {or lower, of course :)}

Matilda08
09-02-2010, 02:10 PM
mkat321-nice work!!

Today I am 231.0! Im not going back up i have to do this

katkitten
09-03-2010, 09:28 AM
This thread is so long that I've been avoiding it but I just needed to say to someone: I saw 229.8 on the scale this morning!!!! Havent seen the 220s in, well, EVER because it was only passed through briefly on the way up when I wasnt weighing myself 12 years ago.

Matilda08
09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Katkitten- NIce work, live in the moment!!!!

I am up a lb but its no big deal I was sort of upset because I didnt get to work out yesterday but I will do something today. Happy friday everyone!

mkat321
09-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Katkitten, that's awesome!

My weigh in this a.m. was nasty. Up 1.4 pounds from yesterday. :( But on the bright side yesterday was the last day of AF so I'm hoping for/expecting a nice WOOSH today/tomorrow.

julz05
09-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I just saw 231 on the scale this morning! I'm hoping this sticks and I don't end up gaining this long weekend!

AlyssaMcN
09-03-2010, 02:46 PM
It's seems that everybody's making some pretty good progress around here!

I weighed in at 218 this morning, 220.4 the morning before, and 219.8 the morning before that, so I hope that means I'm almost committed to the 2-teens! If it sticks until tomorrow, I think I'll be able to claim them!

Matilda08
09-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Nice work Alyssa!!!!

nitenic
09-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I was away from my scale/out of town since last Thursday so I wanted to check in this morning and report that I'm at 235.5. I'm hoping to welcome the 220s next week.

How is everyone else doing?

Matilda08
09-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Good afternoon ladies. I really really hope to welcome the 220s this week. so far ive been op and I wi today at 232.2.

Ive started back at school I also work and Im a mother so this time of year gets very busy for me and I am praying and hoping to stick to my plan. So Ill be posting on this site very often to help keep me accountable!

AlyssaMcN
09-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm officially claiming the 2-teens! I've been here for a week now, so I'm here to stay. Everyone is doing great, I wish you all luck on getting out of the 230's, 220's. I have loved having this thread to check in to for the past few weeks.

Matilda, you're so close to the 220's, you'll be there so soon. Don't let your busy schedule get the beset of you, you can do this!

nitenic
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm officially claiming the 2-teens! I've been here for a week now, so I'm here to stay. Everyone is doing great, I wish you all luck on getting out of the 230's, 220's. I have loved having this thread to check in to for the past few weeks.

Matilda, you're so close to the 220's, you'll be there so soon. Don't let your busy schedule get the beset of you, you can do this!

Congratulations Alyssa!!

catowned
09-07-2010, 04:51 PM
My last weight was 229
I did not weigh myself this morning.
I slipped and had breadsticks/pizza for lunch.
Why do I think I can into a pizza place for a salad???? :o
I am going to kickboxing at 5:30 :carrot:

:hug:

julz05
09-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Looking good ladies! I just got back from the gym and weighed in at 230! :D

Soooooo close to the 220s!

Matilda08
09-08-2010, 10:48 AM
catowned- it happens just keep going and you will be fine!

julz- I wi today at 231 so we are surely running a race lol I cant wait to welcome the 220s

Matilda08
09-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Today I wi at 229.6 Im a very happy girl!!!

kateleestar
09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Ooooooo. I'm gonna do my first post-vacation weigh in on Saturday morning. I gave myself some 'on plan' weeks (2!) and hopefully the number wont be awful. I ate like a good girl on vacay, so by the grace of God, maybe it'll be a loss! Fingers crossed!

I'm still hoping for onderland by 1/1/11! :)

nitenic
09-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Today I wi at 229.6 Im a very happy girl!!!

Whoohoo! Way to go Matilda. I bet you're singing "At Last"! :D
Keep moving down lady! :carrot:

kbj0123
09-10-2010, 09:59 AM
I haven't posted here for a while, because I was apparently stuck between 239 and 238. Well today I am happy to report I WI at 236.4! Lots of hard work and staying OP.

Matilda!!!!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you, hope to join you soon.

Everyone else keep on pressing on.

Matilda08
09-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Happy friday! How is everyone?

Cheriann
09-10-2010, 02:54 PM
On the verge of reaching the 2 teens. My scale is flutuating between 220.6 and 219.8. So we'll see what happens when I go for official WI at MRC tomorrow morning. Never thought that I would be this close to reaching the 2teens. It's been over 2 years since I have been there and could soon even blow past my lowest of 217. Can't wait
:carrot:

Matilda08
09-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Congrats and I am hoping to be with you sometime next month!

Cheriann
09-12-2010, 09:25 AM
I just weighed on my scale this morning and I am 219.6 I'll take it! That means only 2.6 pounds to reach my low of 217. So I guess I can say I have officially made it to the 2 teens now. I thank you ladies for all your support.
hugs,

Goddess Jessica
09-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Soooo frustrated. Had a nice loss that got me in the 230's and then gained almost eight pounds in two weeks to push me back into the 240's. It was two weeks of scheduling **** that now is over with so I expect the extra weight to come off fast.

Contrats Cheriann and Alyssa!

mkat321
09-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Good morning ladies. After a horrid AF and some stress eating I gained back into the 230s last week :( Got up to 233 :( :( But this a.m. I weighed in at 229.8!!!!! So I'm letting go of the temporary set back and using it as motivation to never be that disappointed in myself again. Brief gains are going to happen, and I'm trying to practice the art of not freaking out and taking control of them before they take control of me, kwim?

Matilda08
09-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Happy monday everyone!!!! I am sore as ever. took cycling class this weekend omg. I hope you are doing great

ORSewmama
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Ack, I am soo frustrated! My low was on August 31, I hit 234.7, and was stoked! The next day was up to 236.1. Well, here it is - two weeks later - and I'm still 236.1. It's so frustrating, I have been between 236-237 for an entire month now :( I'm afraid I'm plateauing - any suggestions? I have been eating on program and exercising, though I will step back up to 5 days a week working out this week (really only got 3-4 days a week in all summer). Last week I even went back to measuring and weighing everything, and still nothing. Grr!

Jojo381972
09-13-2010, 01:36 PM
^Keep going, OrSew! Perhaps there is something you could tweak or try in your diet or exercise program that may make a difference?

--

Hi, I'm new here. I've been reading this thread, and getting inspired by all you ladies. I just started weight watchers a few weeks ago. The doctor told me I needed to lose weight in order to get my BP and cholesterol down. It was a big wake up call to me. I've lost five pounds in two weeks since then. I'm pretty determined to up the ante, and get serious about losing more weight. I'd like to get into the 220's soon enough. Currently, I'm at 233. I've struggled with my weight my whole life, and need to do this for myself. I'm happy to be here.

julz05
09-13-2010, 04:17 PM
ORSewmama - How many calories are you eating a day? Maybe you just need to up your calories a little to get out of a plateau.

I weighed in this morning and I saw 227! I have a feeling it'll be bouncing back up during the next couple of days, but I'm ecstatic nonetheless. :D

ORSewmama
09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Welcome Jojo!!

I'm better after my whine this morning, thanks for listening!

Julz - I'm eating around 1600, but my SP range is 1570-1920 with the amount of exercise I do. I have a plan now - I'm going to actually get in my five days of exercise this week, and try to alternate high/low calorie days. Good calories still, but eating more then less to see if I can shake it up! And congrats on breaking through to the 220s!

catowned
09-14-2010, 02:16 AM
I was afraid to weight today! I didn't do so well with eating this weekend.
Today I did 30 min treadmill in the am
Introductory step aerobics in the pm + 10 min treadmill.
I'm going to give me a few days to lose the water and weight again. :hug:

I joined a weight loss support group at my church. I'm not really looking to follow that program but want the weekly weigh-in and encouragement. The teacher is awesome, she explained the different parts of the program and said we are welcome to use it for whatever we want to get from it. I could kick myself for not going before as I've seen the signs up for a year! I was intimidated to go until now and when I walked in everyone was so friendly and inviting.:cool:

I picked up some Christian romace novels at the library..they really do help time on the treadmill go faster!!! Wow are there any romance novels about middle class/blue collar people??? I keep noticing the characers are either destitute with no hope of survival - or at least facing that or have fortunes. :D

:hug: I hope everyone has a great week!!!:hug: :hug:

catowned
09-14-2010, 02:18 AM
Jojo Welcome!!! :welcome3:

Matilda08
09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Welcome newbies! We need all the support we can get. I was 234 yesterday and today I wi at 231.0 Im sure ill be back to my low this week and hopefully be firmly into the 220. I need to hit my 25% goal!

Keep up the good work ladies keep pushing!

Jojo381972
09-14-2010, 12:53 PM
^Keep it up! Thanks for the welcome. I am trying to hit my target of 5% weight lose in the next two to three months. I'm psyched as I just started weight watchers program, and it looks like a good program. Anyone else on it?

Matilda08
09-14-2010, 02:16 PM
i count calories but I know plenty people who have had awesome results from it. Also on this site they have a WW thread u should check it out

Matilda08
09-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Back down to my new low! Hoping to see another drop tomorrow. WI at 229.6 today

catowned
09-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Cheryl :balloons: :dancer: Congratulations!!!

I gained 4 lbs! ACK! Then I had pizza this afternoon.
So I was 234 today. :mad:

I've been doing great with exercise this week. Last night I did kickboxing and 38 min on the treadmill. I was sore from the class last night so I only did 20 min today.

:hug:

catowned
09-15-2010, 07:33 PM
YAY Matilda!!! :hug:

Matilda08
09-16-2010, 02:31 PM
catowned- im sure you can get back down!!

Im 230.6 today not worried because I didnt workout yesterday but I will today!

Vixsin
09-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi Everyone!!!

Can I join this one too?! I weighed in this morning at 237.6. Which is down 1.2 from yesterday. I'm excited about that and about being back into the 230s! I hope the 40s are going to leave me alone now!!!! :)

Great job everybody!!

Matilda08
09-16-2010, 05:56 PM
welcome vixsin!!!

Jojo381972
09-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Hi Vixsin!
Don't get discouraged Catowned and Matilda~ keep going. I'm in the same boat as missing my exercise today. I'll do extra tomorrow though. I'm doing great on this WW program and staying within my allotted points. It's been three days now, and I'm not craving junk food, which amazes me.
Do most of you weight yourselves everyday? I will only weigh myself once a week. I can't' wait to see how much weight I lost on Monday next week.

Keep it up girls! Great work! We can do it!

Vixsin
09-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Good Morning my new friends!! :grouphug:

You should know....I'm a hugger! :) :hug: I love hugs! They make you feel so good!! :)

Anyway, thank you for the warm welcomes! WI this morning was 238.6. I'm up .8 from yesterday which doesn't discourage me at all because I have had 2 whooshes of weight loss over the last 2 days so it makes sense to me that my body is freaking out a little today.

Great weigh in Matilda! You are right there for the 220s!! Nice work!

Jojo, it sounds like you're doing a great job! Good luck with WW. There are many people around here that are on that same plan. I am a calorie counter myself. To answer your question, I weigh myself everyday. I was afraid of the scale for a very very long time and weighing daily helps me to overcome that and to see that the scale is just a tool to help keep me accountable in my weight loss and that the number doesn't define me. Eventually I will change it to weighing weekly. My actual weigh day that I count my weight is Mondays as well. Having it on Monday helps to keep me in line over the weekend.

Have a great day girls! :)

Matilda08
09-17-2010, 12:17 PM
WI at 231.0 today which is cool. I have to be good over the weekend. I need to stay op so that I can be firmly in the 220s all next week *crosses fingers*

nitenic
09-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Just wanted to good afternoon to all. I'm expecting to see the 220's this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great on plan weekend!

Matilda08
09-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone hope all is well I wi at 231.6 today and Im hoping to get firm into the 220s this week.