Weight Loss Support - Was this substitution necessary?

View Full Version : Was this substitution necessary?

ncuneo
07-06-2010, 09:52 PM
I like to try to keep a balanced diet, but I've just discovered nuts and LOVE them so I like to eat them a lot. I was packing my breakfast, snack and lunch for tomorrow and noticed that all three contained nuts. Being that they are high in fat I decided to change my snack. I probably should have changed one other thing and only had nuts in one of my meals, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Since it would have all fit into my plan, would having nuts at all three have been that big of a deal.

I mean how important is balance when it comes to healthy foods? I mean I'm also having avocado with my nuts and an olive oil based salad dressing. So that is A LOT of fat. But I'm still losing just fine, my cholesterol is AMAZING, although I do have some pretty high body fat, but these are all those good fats...I guess I'm starting get confused about a balanced diet...am I overthinking it?

Here's my meal plan for tomorrow
PB on whole grain flax english muffin

Spinach Salad w/ chicken, sun dried tomatoes, jicama, onion, avocado, walnuts and Newman's lighten up Balsamic Vinegret

Berries w/ Ricotta Cheese

Chicken Parmesean w/ no breading and whole wheat pasta and veggies

Skinny Cow

Now I'd critique this by saying grain for breakfast and dinner is too much grains, but is it really that unbalanced. I guess it's hard to say, because this is only one day and it's not typical, I do lots of other types of meals so I guess as a whole this may be balance because my meal plan is pretty different from day to day. :dizzy: Ok...I'm overthinking it...what is your definition of a balanced diet?

gardenerjoy
07-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Sounds like a yummy healthy day to me. Could you just double that up and I'll come over? :-)

westernsoutherngirl
07-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Looks good to me! Maybe triple it and we will all spend the day with you!

koceank29
07-06-2010, 11:19 PM
If you're losing then go with it, nuts for me are a sure fire way to gain, but others they are fine.

stella1609
07-06-2010, 11:35 PM
I have nuts every morning in my granola :)

o0o
07-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Nuts are so good for you! I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

skygirl
07-06-2010, 11:57 PM
nuts, yum. plus, lots of good stuff in them, vitamins, antioxidants, healthy fats. like others have said, if you're losing on them, then nothing wrong with that. and as others have said, your menu for tomorrow sounds delish. :)