Chicks up for a Challenge - G2010: We Gotta Work: Labor Day Challenge

sprklemajik
07-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi Ladies, here's the new challenge. It runs from July 5th to Sept 6th.

WI's:
July 12
July 19
July 26
Aug 2
Aug 9
Aug 16
Aug 23
Aug 30
Sept 6

So this is 9 weeks.

Activity Challenge:
I challenge you all to 20 hours of exercise for the next two months! That's a pinch over 2 hours a week. Are you up to the challenge?

Habit Challenge:
I challenge you to set one healthy habit and truly stick to it for the 9 weeks of this challenge!

sprklemajik
07-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Goals:
Wt:199 (long shot), 210 (reasonable)
Activity: 30 hrs in 2 months
Habit: Eat Avg of 1700 calories each week

So here's my first daily update:
Screwed the calories this morning... had a terrible McD's bfast.
30 mins exercise
Weighing in today at 223.5- not bad from eating bbq's this weekend.

dandimae
07-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Ok, I can do this!!!! I just need to keep repeating this over and over and over if needed. I don't know why I'm having this mental block thing lately. It is so frustrating. I just seem to get into a rut and give up for a bit. But I'm determined. We're starting a new challenge and there's no reason to be like this any more. I just have to overcome myself. It seems that I'm my own worst enemy.

I can absolutely do the activity challenge. I want to really stick to working out 6 times a week for an hour each time! Right after I have surgery I won't be able to work out from 10 to 14 days, depending on how I feel, but I can do it before and after. I can make up the time! Woo hoo! I did 45 minutes today, so I've got 19h 15m left for this challenge. I'm going to see how far I can go past it. I like this one a lot!

I am going to take the habit thing slowly and hopefully I'll stick to it! The habit for this first week is that I'll only snack on vegetables. I have this awful habit of eating good meals and then snacking on crazy stuff. So that's what I'm going to do!

I'd like to lose 30 pounds on this challenge. I know that's a lot, but if I start working out like I should and eating like i should, the weight really should come off fast. So we'll see. That's my long shot goal. But if I don't strive for something big, I seem to just lose focus and think I can make everything up. I'll weigh tomorrow and post then.

Thanks for starting this one! I'm glad you did.

Matilda08
07-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Im in my goal is to shed 20lbs.

SW 238
GW 218

7/12:
7/19:
7/26:
8/02:
8/09:
8/16:
8/23:
8/30:
9/06:

dandimae
07-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi Matilda! It's nice to have someone else posting too! I've weighed myself this morning and I'm at 209.6, so that's my starting weight. I had two bites of my kiddos pancakes for breakfast, but as soon as I did it I realized what I was doing and stopped. I'm getting ready to make myself a fruit smoothie instead. Sometimes I feel like I just do things without even thinking about what I'm doing! So another habit I'd like to adopt is mindful eating. This is basically not putting anything in my body (except water) without sitting down and meaning to. This is going to be hard for me, but I feel I have to do it to be successful in this. Ok, everyone have a great Wednesday!

sprklemajik
07-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Welcome Matilda!! Nice to see you!

Dandimae- I think the mindful eating is a great habit to work on!!

Daily update:
1805 calories today, 55 minutes of exercise (for 85 mins to date)
Feeling very good about today. I had a piece of pizza (oh well, but still pretty much on target).

I hope some more folks show up ;)

dandimae
07-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Well, I got up super early (435) to go to a workout class at the gym that starts at 510 and wouldn't you know, they aren't having them this week b/c of the 4th! So I walked a few laps and then decided it would be nice to clean without a child stuck to my leg so I came home and started some cleaning. I've still got more to do, but I got about an hour in uninterrupted. I'm happy with that.

I hope more people join too, but I'm here even if not...unless of course you are going to drop too! Then just let me know and I'll find another place to post.

Eating one piece of pizza isn't that bad! It's when I just can't stop and end up eating 4 (or more) slices that I get into trouble. I'm also going to begin every meal with a big salad, that way if I do have anything bad, I'll already be partially full...

pinkprincess
07-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Today's Weight 275.2
Goal 265

WI's:
July 12
July 19
July 26
Aug 2
Aug 9
Aug 16
Aug 23
Aug 30
Sept 6

So this is 9 weeks.

Activity Challenge:
Due to a disability, I'm making my challenge 10 hours exercise.

Habit Challenge:
No eating past 10:30 p.m. I would like to make this a everlasting habit for me.

dandimae
07-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi Pink! Glad to have you with us!

I weighed in at 209.8 this morning! The scale is moving the wrong way, but I can't complain, we had a bunch of kids over yesterday and we ended up eating hot dogs (even if they were turkey) for lunch AND dinner. I've been doing my exercising and it's amazing how much better I'm feeling already! It's great. I am a little upset that b/c of my surgery on Monday the 19th, I won't be able to work out for 10 to 14 days, but I'm not letting that deter me. I won't be able to eat, either, so it won't be that bad. I'll be doing protein and supplement shakes, but no food. We'll see what the liquid diet does for me.

SilverLife
07-11-2010, 12:00 PM
I like this challenge. The 20 hours of exercise is already a nice part of my lifestyle. The challenge is the discipline for eating wisely.

My goal for the eight weeks is eight pounds. Any more than that will be splendid.

Thanks very much for starting the challenge!

dandimae
07-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Well, I'm exactly the same weight as I was yesterday. This is a good thing, cause I was sure that I was going to go up. I have been working out, but I have been bad with the eating. The hubs is NOT a good influence. He brings me treats, cause he knows that I love them, but I had to tell him that I can't eat the bad stuff all weekend any more.

I've been a rock star with food so far today though! I had a fruit smoothie with greek yogurt and 2 cups of coffee for breakfast and now I'm eating a big salad with a teeny bit of dressing (Paul Newman's Light Balsamic Vinaigrette-my favorite) and half of a cut up apple on top. It is so good. I forget that I actually like vegetables and how they make me feel sometimes. When I eat really bad stuff I just seem to forget. For lunch I'm going to have another big salad and half a toasted pita with 1 tbsp hummus.

Welcome Silver! Glad to have you with us. This challenge is part of a bigger challenge that started at the very beginning of the year, with mini challenges starting every so often. The good thing about this is that you can just jump right in for one individual challenge, or stay with us all the way through to the end of this year.

I did my hour of exercise yesterday and I'm going to get my hour in today. I'm going to do it in 20 minute increments on the elliptical so it doesn't seem so bad! Hope everyone has a great Monday.

SilverLife
07-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Dandimae, thanks for the kind welcome, and congratulations on staying with your plan today.

Do you mind my asking, what is an elliptical?

I like being able to do my movement/exercise at different times instead of having to do it all in one fell swoop each day.

Today is a good stick-with-my-plan day.

Sending you all victory thoughts. :)

sprklemajik
07-12-2010, 09:51 PM
So today is a WI day. I'm still at 223.5. Grrrr... wishing that it was lower, but I quit tracking my food this past weekend and it all got away from me. Back on track in the morning.

I tracked 2 hrs 45 minutes last week. I also got in 30 minutes today on the elliptical at the gym.

SilverLife- an elliptical is a cardio machine that almost mimics running but doesn't have impact for your knees and legs.

SilverLife
07-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Sprklemajik, congratulations on the good exercise time. I don't do well when I don't track my food. Am sending you lots of good thoughts!

Thank you for explaining what the elliptical is.

It's cloudy today, so no pretty sunrise to watch. I've just about finished my exercise routine for the day. Am taking a little breather to check in here and drink some tea.

Wishing you all much success today. :)

dandimae
07-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Ok, I have been eating really well lately. I weighed in this morning and I was at 204.6! I don't know if that's all water weight, but either way, it just shows me how truly awful I was eating before!

I've walked 3 miles every day and pushing the double stroller, it's a workout! It takes me about 48 minutes to complete it, and sometimes longer. So I've done 2.75 hours so far with 17.25 to go. I'm going to be out for up to 14 days starting monday, so I'll have to really hustle when I'm able to work out again.

I'm feeling good about this challenge, and I feel that my goals are totally doable.

Philigirl
07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Hello all,

I am going to join in on this challenge. I am coming in a little late. I started eating healthier this week. I haven't done a skip, hop, jump or nothing to exercise yet. However, I am at a hotel this week so I will force myself to at least go down to the gym for at least 30 minutes.

Thanks and good luck to all!

SilverLife
07-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Dandimae, I'm glad you're doing so well. A double stroller, goodness, you are amazing.

Philigirl, welcome! I'm new here myself and enjoying it. All the best to you on your trip.

:)

dandimae
07-16-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm glad that my son loves to take walks. That's all he talks about when he first wakes up until we actually do it, so it's definitely a motivator. I probably wouldn't do it otherwise! :)

Philigirl: welcome to our little corner! Hope you meet your exercise goal while you're at the hotel.

Silver, how you doing? You responded (thanks!) but didn't give us an update!

oddgurl
07-16-2010, 02:19 AM
I would also like to join this challenge, I did 30 min yesterday and another 30min today, both Biggest Loser dvd's.

As for the other part, No eating after midnight, I get off work at 11:15pm. My biggest problem is that when I get home from work I am bored and look for food, even if I'm not hungry.

Starting:259, Goal Wt: 240
7/19:, 7/26:, 8/02:, 8/09:, 8/16:, 8/23:, 8/30:, 9/06:

SilverLife
07-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Dandimae, I'm doing well. Thank you very much! Oops, I didn't write about my plan, did I? I revised my plan according to my own thoughts and needs, rather than trusting the online calculators, and am doing very well.

I've added some movement treats to my days, little dance moments, and some new exercises from a newer Callanetics program. It looks as though I'll be able to post much better results than my original goal. I'm feeling much better and am enthusiastic about reaching my goal weight in the next few weeks.

Oddgurl, welcome! Am sending you good thoughts!

Hope you all have a lovely evening! :)

oddgurl
07-17-2010, 02:09 AM
Did another 35 min today, up to 95min, woo hoo! LOL

SilverLife
07-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Oddgurl, congratulations!

Callanetics were a delight to do this morning. The sunrise was pretty to watch while I was carrying buckets and watering, and picking up leaves and such.

Another cup of tea and am off for my walk!

Hope you all have a very lovely morning! :)

mrsaugie
07-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Hello I'm here and at 220. As far as my exercise goals go I'm not sure what I am shooting for yet as far as time in the next month or so but I know I need to pick it up alittle more then I have been. It needs to be more regular not just here and there when I feel like it. Sorry I just needed to get that out in words.

dandimae
07-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Oddgurl: congrats! You're doing awesome on your exercise!

MrsAugie, great to see you back! How's that baby girl doing? Mine just turned one and it feels like just yesterday that I was pregnant. My how time flies!

I have been doing great with the eating, but I'm going to be honest and say that I'm planning a day centered around food tomorrow. It's not going to be pretty, calorie wise. After midnight though, I won't be eating solid foods for 10 to 14 days, so I'll make up for it. I won't be online for a few days, or if I am, what I post might not make sense, so just ignore it if I'm typing crazy!

What's everyone planning on doing Sunday? I have a lot of cleaning to do b/c the MIL is coming to help with the kids and then we're going to have a nice dinner.

SilverLife
07-18-2010, 05:22 AM
Mrs.Augie, wishing you all the best in furthering your movement and exercise program.

Dandimae, how nice to have a special day today. Will be sending you good thoughts for your liquid food plan.

Is part of the challenge that we post our progress with our goals for the challenge each Sunday?

Weight today is 138.5. I was more attentive to my exercise this week. Worked for more balance and asked more of myself. Was able to get it in well more than 90 minutes each day. Have a general-ish plan of 60 minutes warm-ups and cool-downs, Callanetics, and stretching, and at least 20 minutes walking, plus gardening and little movement breaks. It's a lot, but it's helping me. I gave myself treats of wee dance times for rewards and for being nourishing to myself. I find I need soft, flowing, and curling up movements as well the strength exercises and walking. Also did the routine on Angela Lansbury's "Positive Moves" video a few times. It's such a friendly program.

Hope you all liked how you took care of yourselves this last week. I wish you all a very nice Sunday morning! :wave:

sprklemajik
07-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Hey everyone. It looks like you're all doing well. I've picked up another 2 hours this week. I'll WI in the morning and see how I'm doing there. Hoping for a loss.

I spent yesterday out walking and riding rides at six flags yesterday. It was awesome! My food has been almost entirely on plan. I was off Friday... but not by too much.

I've got a physical in the morning. It should go pretty well. I'm not expecting any suprises... maybe just a "your test scores are awfully good for a fat girl" kinda awkward moment. I get those pretty often anymore.

oddgurl
07-19-2010, 02:27 AM
Missed yesterday's workout got help up at work, so did 50 min today. Up to a total of 145 min, sweet!! Has to be a record for me lol, kinda sad but I am working on changing my life style, one min and one day at a time.

Congrats to everyone, keep up the good work.

motivatedbride
07-19-2010, 07:28 AM
I have been away from the forum for the past 4-5 months and in that time have gained back half of the 100lbs I lost last year, so I am definitely up and due for a challenge.

SW:275
GW:255

WI's: goal wt - actual weight
July 19: 275 - 275
July 26: 272
Aug 2: 269
Aug 9: 267
Aug 16: 264
Aug 23: 261
Aug 30: 258
Sept 6: 255

Activity:
I am going to get back to working out by alternating walking and stationary bike 30 mins 6 days a week.

Habit:
My goal is to listen to that inner voice and not give in to temptation.

SilverLife
07-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Motivatedbride, welcome back! It's nice to have you with us.

Am learning more about how to live this new life and enjoy myself. I found some short yoga videos online yesterday that I actually liked and tried some of the easier ones. Was nice to have something new. I can tell I need more variety in my movement and exercise, as well as my food plan.

In case anyone else is interested, the yoga site is Yogatic (http://www.yogatic.com/sitemap/yoga-video/). The young woman who teaches in a friendly way. She is Dutch and living in Ireland, which gives her some of that lovely Irish accent.

I'm going for 136 for next Sunday.

Sending you all good thoughts for today! :)

dandimae
07-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Ok, everyone have a great couple of days! See ya on the flip side. I WI at 209.0 this morning!

envelope
07-19-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm a little late to this challenge, but would love to join.

SW 206 (July 10)
CW 202 (July 19)
GW 185

My exercise goal is atleast 3 hours every week

The healthy habit I would like to incorporate into my lifestyle is to eat more raw foods.

WI's:
July 12 206
July 19 202
July 26 196
Aug 2 196.8
Aug 9
Aug 16
Aug 23
Aug 30
Sept 6

PARIS021
07-19-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm up for the challenge.

SW: 262.0
GW: 135

2 Months ago,weighed 274.6. Making Progress.

7/12:Missed Weigh In
7/19:262.0
7/26:
8/02:
8/09:
8/16:
8/23:
8/30:
9/06:

SilverLife
07-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Welcome, Envelope and Paris! Nice to have you join in. :)

I'm enjoying my food and movement plan today. Discovered some new things to do and eat which fit nicely.

Hope you all have a lovely evening! :)

Philigirl
07-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi all,

I joined this thread last week and did not work out at all. Today is Tuesday and I did a 30min walk. I still need to do push ups and abs.

Enjoy the week!

oddgurl
07-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Did 30 min yesterday and 90 more today, up to a total of 265 min, yippie! Not feeling well tho, makes me want to stay in bed!

Philigirl
07-21-2010, 11:09 AM
30 min walk done

oddgurl
07-21-2010, 05:01 PM
I lost 4.6 pounds this week, feeling good about it. Hope next week is a good week also!

Starting:259, Goal Wt: 240
7/21:254.4 (-4.6), 7/28:, 8/04:, 8/011:, 8/18:, 8/25:, 9/01:, 9/08:

SilverLife
07-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Am keeping my food and movement plans. Today's plan is to enjoy them and each minute.

I wish you all a lovely morning and great success today! :)

dandimae
07-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Hello all! I made it through my surgery successfully, but I can't work out at all. Turns out, they didn't get it all completed, so I have to go back a week from today and have them finish up (I had some tendon repair done in my jaw). So hopefully, after my next surgery I'll be all finished. I'm on SlimFast and some really soft foods, like soup and/or mashed potatoes. So this is forcing me to be conscious of what is going into my body. I'm going to try and take a short walk today, but I'm not sure.

:welcome: to everyone that's new here! It's great to have you all on board! We can make this happen for ourselves. Have a great Thursday!

SilverLife
07-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Dandimae, I'm so glad you got through the surgery well. Am sending you happy recovery thoughts. Hope you are resting up nicely! :)

dandimae
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Ok...i'm back at it for a couple of days! I have another surgery on Thursday so I'm doing what I can for now. I can't work out yet, but I'm doing great on my eating! I weighed in at 205.2 today! Scale is finally moving in the right direction. :)

How was everyone's weekend?

Silver, positive vibes right back at ya! Thanks.

SilverLife
07-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Dandimae, I'm glad you are doing so well. I'll be thinking of you and praying that all goes splendidly. Congratulations on your success! :goodvibes

dandimae
07-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Ok ladies,

Hope everyone is doing great! This thread is getting kind of quiet...where is everybody? :)

I am having surgery again tomorrow morning, and I'll be gone for a few days, but I'll be back after! Everyone have a great weekend and I'll try and post again on Monday with my weigh in!

Night night.

SilverLife
07-29-2010, 04:04 AM
Dandimae, I'll be praying that all goes well! Yes, this thread is very quiet. I think folks have gone to other challenges.

Am sending you lots of good thoughts! :)

dandimae
07-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. This thread is getting kind of quiet...

I'm up and around again but not working out yet. I haven't been so good this time around, b/c my hubs has been bringing my malts and things like that because I can't eat anything else. Of course I don't say no to this. But starting tomorrow, I'm not eating any more of that, I'm only eating soft veggies and other soft foods that are good for me.

Hopefully Wednesday of this week i'll be able to work out. I'll let you know!

What are everyone's goals for this week?

SilverLife
08-01-2010, 06:02 AM
Dandimae, how nice to read your post. I'm glad you are recovering well. Please take especially good care of yourself! :)

I am down a pound, which is very encouraging.

This week's goals, hmmm, great question!

To stay on my food, movement, and thinking plans.

To keep good track of what I eat, the protein, fat, carb ratios, and the calories, as well as exercise.

And to keep graciousness in mind in whatever I'm doing.

Am sending everyone best wishes for a lovely day and success! :goodvibes