Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #155

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #155

wilma12
10-04-2002, 05:20 PM
If you are looking for a great group to find support and prayer you can find it here. Everyone is welcome

wilma12
10-04-2002, 05:22 PM
just a quick note to see how everyone is doing. I am having a good day despite this head cold that doesn't want to leave. I am feeling light headed and tired. I just want to have a rest all the time. I think supper will be something easy this time.

Have a great weekend! talk to you soon!

Zoe
10-05-2002, 05:32 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

today was my weigh in and I lost 1.8 lbs for a total of 13.4 in 4 weeks! Woo Hoo!! I am SO thanking God for this!!

Sami ~ yes, I am doing WW. I love the plan and it's so easy to follow. With the new 'points' system, it works great and I can have anything I want. Have you ever tried it? I am a regular poster under the WW Fabulous 40's thread.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. Talk to y'all tomorrow after church.

wilma12
10-06-2002, 10:45 AM
Way to go Zoe! You're doing so awesome! You'll be thin in no time.

I weighed in the am and have lost 2 lbs. I am finally in the 60's. Now I just have to stay there.

I'm getting ready to go to church but I had to share my good news.

talk to you after church!!

sami
10-06-2002, 07:30 PM
Wow I am hoping for a losing post next week. I am waiting until next friday to WI. I am doing much better with my eating by the end of this week. I started packing snacks to eat like crackers and teddy grams to help with my sugar lows. My sugars have been high again all weekend. so I have been eating light with no snacks. I am so happy for you Zoe and Wilma keep posting often it is really encouraging to know It can be done. I stayed home from church today my DD is sick with a cold and I was having bad pain in my tummy. I broke down and took Vicodin and it took the edge off I wish they would find out what is wrong. I am praying everyone is doing well.
Sami

Zoe
10-06-2002, 08:16 PM
Happy Lord's Day ~

I pray that you all have had a wonderfully blessed Lord's Day.

Wilma ~ praise God on your loss!! Keep up that good work!

Sami ~ I am praying that you show a loss when you WI on Friday. God is with you.

Everyone else...hope y'all had a great day!

sami
10-07-2002, 08:52 PM
It has been a long..........Monday. I did very well today even though I had a couple people leave me a treat at my desk. I just counted them as my snack and left my snack for tues. I need prayers for a member of our church. He just found out he has heart cancer and has 4-8 weeks to live. He has a wife and 3 children. It is times like this that makes you thankful for all our blessing. Have a blessed day.
Sami

Zoe
10-07-2002, 11:17 PM
Sami ~ My prayers and will wishes to your church member. God is all powerful, all mighty....He is the ONE.....may He keep him and his family close.

wilma12
10-08-2002, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone! It's my day off and I have a headache. Go figure. I've taken something for it and the edge is off it. I plan to get a walk in this afternoon while the weather is still nice. I went on Sunday afternoon for a 2 mile walk and it felt great.

Sami: I'm so sorry about your friend. You are all in my prayers. I've never heard of cancer in the heart. I'm proud of the way you're handling your snacks. I do that too although after losing 2 lbs. on the weekend I think I'm makin up for it. today it's back to veggies and no sugar!!

Zoe: How are things going for you? Are you staying OP? Just checking up on you!!:)

Hi to Gary and Gutchie and to everyone else out there. Come back!

EZMONEY
10-08-2002, 06:17 PM
Hi everyone
Spent most of the day at child services-- seems that we should have all kinds of info on my nephew that we don't. We have him and that is about it. His case worker left for boot camp as a reserve so all is up in the air i.e. medical etc. What a major undertaking-- the paper work!!
He got a strike in the after school program--2 more and he is out. He used the "S" word. It was just in goofing around but it still counts!! I thought when my kids reached college and my step-d high school that I would be home free:lol: Oh well, what are families for anyway. Gods blessings!!
Sami, I will pray for your friend, how sad.
Zoe- keep up the good work.
Wilma, sorry for your headache-- you take care of yourself!
Well off to pick up the nephew and take him to tennis.

In His Care--Gary

sami
10-08-2002, 07:52 PM
Thanks for all the Prayer for my church friend. I had never heard of cancer of the heart either. The Church is taking meals over 3 times a week and we are trying to see what else we can do. This has been a rough couple of years for our church. A little over a year ago we had chicken pox out break. One person in our church now suffers from a lost immune system and one member died! And two of my good friends children found out they have cancer. We have had two babies born early (both are doing great) I have also seen Gods blessings Both Babies are now home safe and sound (One only weighted 1lbs and 15 oz) And both of the kids with cancer are doing well and are expected to stay in remission.
EZ-I am praying that your Nephew learned his lesson.
Wilma- The weather here is great! I just never seem to have time to walk
Zoe-Thanks for the prayers.
I am lifting you all in prayer. As my Friend use to say God knows and he understands.
Sami

Zoe
10-08-2002, 08:26 PM
Hi guys ~

Wilma ~ Hi there...I'm here, I'm here. Still OP and lost 13.4 lbs in 4 weeks. I feel great too. I'm hopiing to reach 10% lost by the end of October (19 lbs)....but that will really take some doing. Hope your headache is gone.

Gary ~ Good luck with your nephew. I'm praying that it all works out. Kids!! :)

Sami ~ Still praying for your church member as well as your entire church. God knows what He is doing even when we wonder why.....

Please pray for my good friend Tracy. She is a Christian who has not been attending church. First off, she is having marriage problems but feels guilty going to church when she is so unhappy and not feeling good about her husband at home. I try to tell her that church and God is what she needs. Also, I have been trying to get her to come to my church with me but she says 8:30am is too early. She'd rather sleep. What if God told us "not now" when we needed Him? What if He said "sorry, I'm too tired now to help you with that"...?? Do I sound mean? I don't mean to be. She also says that my "kind of church" scares her. Haha. I have to smile about that one. The charismatic church makes her afraid......Hey, can't really hold that against her. It's not for everyone. anyway, I would appreciate prayers for her....thank you all so much.

Have a wonderful evening.

sami
10-09-2002, 05:41 AM
Zoe I will keep Tracy in my Prayers I just had to smile when I read her reasons not to go to your church. My Grandmother went to a charismatic church and I use to like going because it was really diffrent from my very formal church. I would find her a church that goes later (or saturday night) and offer to go with her. I bet she won't go but who knows with all the prayers going out on her behalf she might.
I am up late because my youngest is very sick with a high fever. Pray she is better by thurs for her field trip.
Sami

sami
10-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Just popping in for a quick note I am home with a sick child. I just got an email that a friend of mine from church just found out she has breast cancer she is in her early 30's. She has 2 sm children. Please pray that she will have a full recovery. Thank you for your support.
Sami

wilma12
10-09-2002, 02:22 PM
Hi! I just wanted you all to know that I am praying for you and for your friends who are suffering with illness. It's so hard to see a friend go through sickness.

Thanks also for praying for my headache. It lasted 2 days and is gone this morning. A co-worker had the same thing so it must be a virus that's going around. I feel much better now!

Have a great day!

EZMONEY
10-09-2002, 09:54 PM
Just a quik note before I head off to church-- the new season of our Bethel Bible Study starts tonight and I am in charge of roster, materials, money, etc.
Went out for 2 quick miles with the wife tonight before chinese food. She goes 2-3 almost every day unless she has tennis or is injured-(she usually does a mile or two for me lol.
I am asking for prayers for all requested. An Awesome God we have!
Have a great finish towards your weeks goals ladies- Gary

sshomemom
10-10-2002, 12:43 AM
Hey guys!

Are you accepting newbies? I would like a group to post with on a daily basis or so.

Zoe
10-10-2002, 08:39 AM
Good Thursday Morning!!

A wonderful morning that the Lord has given to us. I am feeling wonderful lately and I know that it's all God.

sshomemom ~ of course 'newbies' are welcome!! We are glad to have you. I hope that you can post often....so come on in and tell us a little about yourself. For me: I am a married mom of 2 and the only Christian in my family. I live in Texas and work full time (too boring staying home since my babies aren't that little anymore). Again, so glad that God has lead you here.

Sami ~ I am praying for your church members. May God keep them and protect them. How is yours today? Hopefully not still sick.

Gary ~ How was the Bible Study? Great I'm sure. :) And keep up that walking...maybe some of that energy will rub off on me. Ha!

Wilma ~ I'm so happy to hear that your headache is better.

Have a wonderfully blessed Thursday!

wilma12
10-10-2002, 11:08 AM
How's everybody doing? I did well yesterday until I fell prey to some Halloween chocolate bars. I need to get over this craving for sugar!! Today is a beautiful day and if I get home in time after work I think I'll get out for a walk. There are not too many nice days left for us before the snow flies and I plan to enjoy them. DH will be home late for supper tonight so I have extra time after work.

sshomemom: A big welcome to you!! Please post as often as you like. We are here to support you during the hard times and celebrate with you when you have victories. Please do tell us a bit about yourself. I am a married mother of 2 boys. I'm experiencing empty nest syndrome right now! I've been a christian all my life it seems and have a wonderful Christian husband who works way too hard. I've lost 40 lbs and have 30 to go.

Zoe: I'm so glad you're doing so well. Keep it up! You are my inspiration!!!

Gary: You are one busy guy. And you are also fortunate that you have a spouse who likes to walk. Mine would if he wasn't so tired each night.

Sami: How are you doing with your sick kids? Hopefully everyone is on the mend.

Have a wonderful day!

sshomemom
10-10-2002, 06:18 PM
Good afternoon!

It has turned out to be a beautiful day here in Oklahoma. I am a stay at home mom with an 8 month old- she keeps me very busy. I am married to a minister and have a 7 year old stepdaughter that lives a little over 2 hours away. I was a teacher until I had the baby.

I have gone to church all my life and been a Christain since I was a teen but I had my years when I didn't go to church and then when I did I was just warming the pew- nothing else. Somehow I finally got my act together and realized I needed to get involved in church and with God. I am certain it is because of the prayers of my mother. :cb: I know there were times that she cried over me. Praise God for loving praying moms. I can't imagine not being involved in church now or turning my back on God but I'm still not where I should. Working on it though.

Wilma- Thanks for the welcome. I so understand the cravings for sweets- that's one of my weaknesses.:nono: I baked chocolate muffins this afternoon because I was craving chocolate.

Zoe- Thanks for the welcome! I can't imagine being the only Christain in my family. More power to you!!! I know that I couldn't do it on my own that what I had to marry a Christain husband (I also had 27 years to do this) and I married a college campus minister at the time. God sure knows what he's doing because it helps me in my walk to know that I live in a glass house- although at times I forget or draw the curtains so no one knows. I'll add your to my prayer list and prayer for strength for you- I truly admire that about you!:)

I have about 35 pounds to lose. Weight has never been a problem for me until I had the baby. I have small bones and I'm 5 '10" so I have always been underweight for the charts but my clothes have always told a different story. I am more worried about getting back into clothes that I haven't been in for years.
I don't want to diet- I want a healthy life style change. I need to cut back on sweets, exercise, and stop snacking at night. All much easier said then done. That's why I have gained weight every year for the past 5 years. Tired of the vicious cycle.

Sami- I will add your friend with breast cancer to my prayer list. I have a friend from church who had breast cancer 3 years ago. Was in her late 30's I think she had stage 3. She had a radical mastectomy and then had stem cell transplant, radiation, and chemo. She is currently cancer free thanks to God! :goodvibes Thought you might want to know.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!- and thanks for letting me join!
Stephanie

EZMONEY
10-10-2002, 10:08 PM
Hi Ladies-
Welcome STEPHANIE- you and I have almost the same B-Day, mine is the 27th, my wife is a teacher- middle school, glad you can join us. I don't have much of a weight problem although I could lose a few pounds. I stay here because these gals are the greatest, I found this site looking for a healthy recipe.
WILMA- Stay away from that Halloween candy girl! Or at least if you have some take it with you on your walk after work.
ZOE - The Bible study is a program that I have already finished, the old and new testaments. I took the 2 year teacher training program then chickened out-- afraid to talk in front of an audience when all eyes are on me!! so I became the director!! I am sending you some ENERGY ;) for your walking.
SAMI WOW! have you been hit with sad news the last few days. Your friends are on my prayer list-- I hope your daughter was able to get better for her field trip.
The nephew had his first cross-country race today for middle school-- his training habits reflected his the outcome 156 out of 160-- ouch! At least he tried to run when he felt like it-- it is just hard when you are TALKING to everyone around you- that ADD thing.
Well off to the store- wife is having a happy hour for a candle party for my niece tomorrow and we have to get snacks-- LOW FAT!! Yea right
Love Ya- IN His Arms- Gary

wilma12
10-11-2002, 11:24 AM
It's raining here today with a chance of snow this evening. Can you believe it? It always comes way too soon for me but who chose to live here?

Oldest DS is coming home tonight for our Thanksgiving weekend and also to celebrate his 21st birthday. I can't believe he's that old already. Please pray that they make it home safely. It's a 5 hour drive and he's coming home with friends. Youngest DS has chosen to go to a friend's for the weekend. We'll see him in November.

I had a good day yesterday even though I did eat a couple of candies. that's better than the chocolate bars from the day before. I know that if I want to eat these things I need to work out more.

DH and I are considering making a move. He's not very happy in his job and for him to get another one we'd have to move closer to the city. I am kind of looking forward to that although leaving my friends here would be really hard. Please pray for us that the decision we make will be the one the Lord wants us to make. I find it so hard to see my DH work so hard and not see the financial benefits from it. If we move he could make a lot more money and so would I. I don't want the decision to be based solely on money. We would be closer to family and especially to our boys. Thanks!

I better go get some work done. Have a wonderful day!

Zoe
10-11-2002, 09:34 PM
Helly my friends! :wave:

Tomorrow is Saturday, weigh day.....:yikes: ~ I say :yikes: but I've been really good this week again so I'm confident that I'll have lost something.

Wilma ~ What??!!?? SNOW????? already?? I'm praying for your situation on moving. Let God lead you to where He wants whether it's a move or to stay......He'll guide you.

Gary ~ I never realized that you happened upon us by accident. I guess God really DOES lead us to the best places. :lol:

Stephanie ~ Praise God for your Mom! There is nothing like a Mother's prayer is there. :) I'm happy that you happened upon us and hope you post often.

Sami ~ How are your church family members doing?

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'll let you know how the weighing goes tomorrow.

In Christ's Love,

sshomemom
10-12-2002, 12:36 AM
Friday Night

Good Evening Everyone! :wave: Hope everyone has had a good day.

Went to visit my grandparents today with my mom. Grandmais in a nuring home with Alzheimers but still has quite a bit of memory. It's so odd the things that she remembers and the things (all false) she thinks she remembers. She told my grandfather today that she had never seen my baby. She's seen her at least a half dozen times. We took her to lunch and when we brought her back when she gets out of the car she says something about I guess this is where I get off. She has enough of a memory to know she's not at home but she doesn't have enough of a memory to eat, take a bath, dress herself etc. She can be funny at times without meaning to be. One of the last times I spent the night -while she was still at home- she was ready to go to bed and she wasn't sure where she would sleep. She thought she was guest. She lived in that house over 35 years.
Also went and picked up my stepdaughter since she not too far from my grandparents. She has ringworm:eek: Have to keep her mostly away from the baby:( Also- have done nothing but itched since I picked her. All mental I'm sure :fr:

Zoe - Hope the WI goes well tommorrow:dance: I guess I shoud start doing a weigh in at home to help keep me accountable.

Wilma- I will add you to my prayer list about the move. It's tough to move away from friends. Been there too many times in my life:sp: I have been in a situation where we needed to move so that my husband could make more money( that's why my stepdaughter lives 2 hours away). I'm glad that you don't have to move for the money. It's tough to see the ones you love unhappy with their job. What do you do when you workout?

TTFN (tata for now)
Steph

sami
10-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Hi! Wilma so glad you are feeling better. The last post where I told you my friend just found out she has breast cancer was wrong it is her mother who has it and she went to sugery and they are sure they got it all. I am really feeling down. I am need to jump start this diet and I seem to be stuck. I am praying all have a great weekend
Sami

sami
10-12-2002, 11:26 AM
I just realized that there was a page 2 that I missed!
A big welcome to sshomemom! I am a mother of 6. 5 girls and 1 boy the ages are 20,18,15,12,8,5. My son is the 18 year old. My oldest DD is getting married Sept 20th to a really great guy. And I want to lose weight to look good in those pictures that will be costing me a fortune! I work full time and my 3 youngest go to a sm christian school. I have never weight this much before the last few years I have heath problems and the meds I take has added 50 lbs on me. I hope you post often. I know when I do I stick to my diet better.
Wilma- I know job changes are not easy. I will be praying for the Lord to lead you to his Will for you.
Zoe-How was your WI? You really bring me hope because I remember when you were where I am now!
EZ-I had to laugh about your nephew running when he wanted but he had to talk to everyone! When my son was in baseball he would be in the outfield catching pretend balls then he would start playing with the ants and making nests out of the grass. I would be sitting in the bleachers dying!
My DD is doing well she had a bad cold but she was better in time to go on the field trip and I got a lot of great scrapbook pictures. She is really having a tough time on Mondays and Fridays because she goes to the sitters. I have aLways worked nights so I was always home with them. and now that she is in Kindergarten I started days but shey goes full time to school on tues,wens,thur. And off Monday and Friday. My sitter is a good friend of mine and a true blessing. So I know it is just because she wants to be home. Before this year she never hada sitter anyone other than family. And even in school she knows her sisters are there.
Have a blessed weekend!
Sami

wilma12
10-12-2002, 01:21 PM
Hi! I have a few moments of time and thought I would connect with you. It's Thankgiving weekend here in Canada and I just want you all to know that YOU are one of the things I am most thankful for. I have been struggling this week with eating things I shouldn't and I would be a lot worse if I didn't have you to be accountable to. :grouphug: Give yourselves all a great big hug from me!!!

Sami: I'm so glad your DD is better and could enjoy herself on the field trip. My boys both went to a small Christian school and those outings were real bonding times for them. As for the kick start - here it is. KICK KICK :D

Steph: It's so hard to see loved ones be sick isn't it? My grandma couldn't remember who I was when I would visit her. She wanted by DH to carry her out of the place she was in. I'm so glad she's with the Lord now. It was what she prayed for. She was 95 when she died.

My exercise routine is actually quite simple. I do the 8 Minutes in the Morning exercises each morning. These are strength exercises and don't take long to do as the name suggests. Then I add walking either outside or by using Leslie Sansone tapes indoors.

A praise item: Our VCR cost only $28.00 to fix and the tape I thought was wrecked actually works so now I have no excuses.

Gary: Hope your weekend is going well! Take care of that wonderful family of yours.

Oldest DS came home last night and it's his 21st birthday today. I can't believe it. I'm much to young to have a son that age!!!
He wants Skor bar trifle for his birthday supper. I'll make him a small one and let him and DH at it. Keep me strong!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

EZMONEY
10-12-2002, 01:31 PM
Good Day Ladies:)
Well I have managed to read the paper and play with the computer the last 3 hours since I have been up--while my wife went out and ran/walked 3 miles! How lazy am I? It is a beautiful morning here in S. california, and I am wasting it!! Have a party to go to today, then opening night for the local minor league hockey team-- the school my wife teaches at is taking a party bus down for it-- should be a fun but late evening. Spent the evening last night at church helping people set up their spaces for a huge parking lot sale for our school-- just went to drop off some items and 4 hours later.... Well my wife was having a candle party slash happy hour for the girls from work anyway.
ZOE- Good luck in your weigh in today- you have been working so hard I am sure the results will be great:yes: and if not just keep on keepin' on girl:) okie-dokie?
STEPH- my grandma had oldtimers too and you are right-as sad as it is it can be funny at times. My grandma often thought I was her son and my son was me! One thing though is that when ever I asked her about Jesus she knew He was good!!:)
SAMI- When my son was little he had to go to day care one day, school the next, etc. He would get a little confused or unhappy if it wasn't to Grandmas etc. so we made a big calendar just for him and put alot of emphasis on his special days-- seemed to work for him in the adjusting period.

EZMONEY
10-12-2002, 01:38 PM
I didn't want to loose my post-- does that happen to anyone else? on the long ones?
WILMA- It will be a great week-end for you!! Have a great B-Day celebration for your son and Thanksgiving. It sure made me feel old when my boy turned 21 this last year-- I am o.k. now o.k. now o.k.now o.k. now though:lol:
Well my brother is coming over so we can go get baseboard for the house which we will install tomorrow-- You all have a great day today and tomorrow--
DON"T FORGET TO GO TO CHURCH !!!!:wave: See ya later-Gary

sshomemom
10-12-2002, 06:38 PM
Hey all!:spin:

Wilma- forgot to tell you last night to have a good Thanksgiving weekend and have a great time with your son.

Gary- enjoy the Hockey game Does your wife bring home lots of papers to grade?

Sami- Thanks for the welcome. I always thought having a big family would be neat. It's probably why I love the show 7th Heaven. Started too late in life to have a big one though but I'm not sure I can handle the baby I have at times.:smug:

How do you guys post your weight at the bottom. Is it some type of set up?

163/161/130

I've lost two pounds this week-:strong: (I'm pumped!) this has helped. I've quit snacking at night and took the baby for a walk.

TTFN -steph

Zoe
10-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Hi Gang ~ I'm so upset today....I missed my WW meeting for the first time since I started 5 weeks ago. I had a nail appt at 7am so that I could go to the 8am WW meeting because we had our company golf tournament at 9am.....well, the girl was late for my appt and I couldn't be late for the tee times. I am so bummed!! I did jump on my scale at home and it looks like it's about 2 lbs down but I won't make that official until I weigh next Saturday. UGH!!! I really didn't want to miss.....I can't tell you how annoyed I am, especially since the whole reason I went to get my nails done at 7:00am was so I could go to WW. <sigh> Ok, so I've complained enough.........

Steph ~ good job girl!! You're on your way! I think walking with the baby was/is a great idea.

Wilma ~ Hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend. Be strong with that cake for your son.....yum, just the name sounds wonderful.

Gary ~ Thanks for the pep talk.....I know I did good and the scale at home moved but I am not going to make that 'official' until next Saturday when I go to my WI. And hey, with your late evening, don't forget church. :D:D

Sami ~ Don't worry, you'll be back where I am. I have been doing so good, staying so OP and it's all because of you and all the rest of you guys and your support. I really do feel like I'm on a roll here..........(oh, don't say ROLL!! :lol:...)

Well, gotta go...have a great Saturday evening and I'll talk to y'all after church tomorrow.

EZMONEY
10-13-2002, 09:06 PM
Happy Sabbath-
Well I am so happy!!:) The Angels are heading to the World Series for the first time.

STEPH So you like 7th Heaven too-- cool-- I just wish it wasn't soooo hoky-- I mean ALL the kids having a drug problem of some sort at school on the same day etc. It could be a very good show. My kids and I never missed it when it first started but after 3 years of it we kind of tired on the FLUFF of it, just too much uneeded drama. My wife rarely brings home papers to grade-- they give her a prep time and she does the after school program 2 days a week, so when the kids are doing homework so is she.
ZOE Sorry you missed your WW-- but I bet your nails look great!! How was your golf tournament? and your game?

The hockey game was great, a 6-0 win. It was a late night though, didn't get home from the game until almost midnight. We didn't make church service cause the wife was up at 6am painting baseboard for my brother to install today. We did go and take sign-ups for our Oktoberfest next week though, I did look in on the pastors sermon-- does that count?:lol:
My daughter came home today so we could make a grocery run for school. She was supposed to be the designated driver for her brother and his friends at a big country music concert today with Willie Nelson and others-- however he forgot to tell her how late it was and she has a big test so she bailed on him. Guess he will have to stay sober-- poor boy!! He doesn't drink much or often just time to time doing the 21 thing.
Well the wife and I are all alone so guess we will find something fun to do this evening:)
IN HIS CARE- Gary
KEEP LOOOOOOSING :D

sshomemom
10-13-2002, 10:50 PM
Hey all!
Since confession is good for the soul:o - here goes- I blew it tonight:cry: :ink: We had a devo/hayride/weiner roast tonight. My sweet tooth really got me. I had oreo's -, brownies plus 1 1/2 chili dogs with cheese and chips. And I'm hungry again:yikes: I just want to beat myself up:?:

hello :wave: the two pounds I lost. I want to know how to have the self-discipline to not blow it like I did tonite. When I blow it I want to give up.

Gary- after telling all us not to miss church:nono: Yes, 7th Heaven does get pretty hookey sometimes and I think Hollywood has two much influence on the show but I like it anyway and have learned to pick up the good- But your right it is getting a little old when all the kids have the same crisis in one show. That's why I like the older ones better.

We talked about the :devil:today. There was a survey done among churchgoers and only 52% thought satan was a real being :bomb: Blew my mind. The sermon was about how satan tries to tempt us and ways to fend him off- that was taken from Eph 6:10-18 I guess the devil tempting me with food-it's working Guess I'd better take the sermon to heart.

Gotta Cruz! Hope everyone had a great day! :goodvibes

Steph

wilma12
10-14-2002, 04:36 PM
hi everyone! I'm having a lazy day today. I baked some cookies for DS to take back to school with him. He leaves at 5:30 today. It's been great to have him home for a visit. Other than that I've done the dishes and read a book. Tonight DH and I plan to relax and watch a movie together.

I weighed in yesterday and the scale showed a gain of 3 lbs. I think it's because of the ham i cooked. I retain water easily. It is also in part the chocolate bars I ate earlier in the week. That'll teach me.:o I'm off to a better start already. My family and some friends went for a long hike in the woods yesterday. We ended up on a cliff overlooking the valley we live in. It was quite lovely with the trees in fall colour. Then we came back and watched a movie and relaxed. This am I did my exercises and walked 1 mile and after that I powered out. At least I got done what needed to be done.

Steph: I overeat sometimes too. Just read some of my earlier posts. Just brush yourself off and keep going. This is all a learning experience. The key is to get up and get moving again. Don't feel defeated. Carry On!

Gary: Hope your day went well! We had a lovely Thanksgiving service yesterday. DH was finally able to come to church with me after so many weeks of working Sundays. I was very thankful for that. DS played in the worship team and I always enjoy that.

Zoe: You are doing so great. Just think of the big loss you're going to show next week. I know how it is though to miss the support you were expecting to get. Hopefully you didn't take it out on the snacks. I did indulge a bit in the trifle but not as much as I usually would have.

Well, DS is coming in here bugging me to help him find something that he needs to take with him. So helpless even at 21!! :rolleyes

have a great day.

doitforme
10-14-2002, 06:41 PM
I haven't been around for awhile. I was doing alot of overtime and had stange hours. Then I went on vacation for a week to Bermuda. We did a cruise from N.Y. to Bermuda w/ Royal Carribean. It was great just what the Dr. Ordered. Except I didn't exercise at all, and ate way to much. I read all the posts, welcome steph, sorry to hear about all the friends with Ca. Speaking of which I should give you all an update on my pastor. He has completed one series of treatments at Dartmouth/Hitchcock medical center. He had another single treatment today and then He goes again near the end of the month. There is no guarentee the treatments will work, but I appreciate all that have kept him in their prayers. Congrats Zoe you are doing great, Wilma Happy Thanksgiving, Steph ben there with the overeating, wilma is right dust yourself off and get back on track. I gotta do the same, been bad the last few weeks, gotta start again. Hi to Gary, pray all goes well with caring for your nephew. Mine just had 3 moles removed this am. He is doing fine. Hope all is well with everyone else. God Bless!!!

Zoe
10-14-2002, 08:39 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Another Monday under my belt. :lol: I've had din-din and everything is cleaned up.....it's Monday night and I like to watch 7th Heaven. It comes on in about 50 minutes. I also have a few magazines that I haven't read.....I'm so behind on my reading. So my evening is headed for relaxation mode and I for one am glad about that.

Sue ~ So glad to hear from you again. So Royal Carribean was good? We're going on a 7 day cruise on their line and hope it's going to be wonderful. We've been on many cruises before but none with Royal Carribean. I'm sure the relaxation was wonderful for you. You know, my Weight Watcher leader says that when you go on vacation, you shouldn't think about not eating this and not eating that ~ She says you should just have a good time. So I am praying that I can be VERY close to goal by then. We leave February 9th. I can't wait.

Wilma ~ don't worry about your gain. The main thing is that you're back on track now. I find that when I do poorly and gain, I usually lose that gain very fast. Hang in there......I would never have been able to make cookies and not eat 'em. :lol:

Steph ~ I over eat alot. I haven't done that in over 5 weeks now, been OP for that long but I tend to do that too. I was really thinking about your church....do you mean that 52% doen't believe that there IS a devil? Satan? Hmmmm.......scary, huh?

Gary ~ Yes, my nails DO look great! :lol: As for the golf tournament, my team didn't win but I won 2 trophies, 2!! Count 'em, 2, 2, 2. Haha. One for longest putt (I get that one alot. I must be good at putting) and one for closest to the pin/women. It was a fun day. We have 2 a year, one in the spring and one in the fall. Once I got halfway, I started getting better. I think with a little practice, I could be pretty good at that game. :lol:

Sami ~ How are you doing?

Well, gotta run. Have a great Monday evening.

EZMONEY
10-14-2002, 10:21 PM
Hi All-
Well I am watching the Giants and Cardinals game-- I hope the birds win-- I hate the Giants-- anybody against the Angels in the world series but them, (to us Dodger fans the Giants are the worst!!).
ZOE - So you like 7th Heaven like Steph huh? guess I will have to start watching it again if it is better. I thought they could have made it the best show on t.v. years ago-- but instead they made it too stupid at times and way too sugary. Congrats on the golf game girl!:cp: Years ago in our company tournament I won closest to the hole on the front and back 9's-- it paid $10.00 each. The next year it paid $100.00 each-- I didn't come close, but the same guy won both also! I am lousy- he was a good golfer.

SUE - Hey girl good to hear from you. Congrats on the cruise-- glad you had a great time. It is good to hear from you again:) .

WILMA- Glad you had a great Thanksgiving, hubby went to church:cp: and cookies for the boy-- how much better can it get?:cb:

EZMONEY
10-14-2002, 10:29 PM
Where are you SAMI ? are you out shopping for that wedding day killer dress? You'll reach your goal!!!!!!!!!

Hey STEPH- isn't it funny (not really) how many Christians? don't believe in satan> Chili cheese dogs and chips? My kind of food -- anything not healthy I usually like-- drives my wife crazy.

Well the nephew and I are really working on his behavior in class-- if I take anything else away he will have to go to school NAKED:lol: He is getting better, but today he got kicked out of cross-country practice for pretty much buttin in to someone else's business.

Well off to bible study directing.

HE LOVES YOU!! Gary

lilsis
10-15-2002, 11:05 AM
Blessing to Everybody,
Sorry it's been awhile since I've written. Just got home Sunday night from the Aglow National Conference in Sacramento. It was great. The presence of God was awesome. He is truly on the move. We prayed that the sniper shooter would be caught and also that he would repent and be saved. Also Praying for the safety of everyone in the D.C. and surrounding areas and for the families of those who have been shot. Nothing is impossible with God;) .
I'm surprised that I didn't gain weight while I was gone, even though I enjoyed lots of goodies. Maybe it was all the walking. Hope to get back on schedule this week.
I'm listening to the news as I write this. So much tragic news:(
BUT....OUR GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL:yes:
Need to get ready for work, bye for now.
Remember to look for God's blessings in your life today.
:love: to all.