South Beach Diet - New here (at least to South Beach)

pamhoff805
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi, this seems to be the only active South Beach forum that you don't get billed for...lol. Thought I would stop in for some support now and then - and to give support.

I've spent a year trying weight watchers, self-hypnosis, the non-dieting approach and with zero results. Went to visit my parents in Florida and my mom, who has always sworn by the South Beach Diet, again suggested it. Well, I had time on my hands, so I read the book and made a new resolve.

I began phase one the day after I returned home on 6/25. I did pretty well but had a REALLY hard time with breakfast. I'm typically a toast kinda girl in the morning and the eggs thing was just making me sick. I ended phase one early at 10 days and 4.5 pounds lighter.

On to phase 2 and loving it sooooo much more. I'm happy with 1/2 to 1 pound loss a week, slow and steady is better than no loss at all.

I have about 20 pounds to go to be really, really happy and if I go below that, well, that's just gravy.

Glad to meet you all!

MrsKJr
07-05-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm new too - though I've done South Beach before. The first two weeks *are* really tough, particularly breakfast. Luckily, I like eggs enough to choke them down for the first couple of weeks until I can get to more interesting choices.

I like the science of how it all works. It just makes sense - I love that it's not counting carbs or "low-carb". It's just "smart carb" and that's a good fit for my body/situation. I hope you find that continuing on the beach is a reasonable lifestyle change for you, too. Phase 2 makes that a LOT easier. :)

And I'm right here with you - tomorrow marks Day 1 on the beach for me. Again. (Fell COMPLETELY off the wagon after losing my dad and brother, but hopping back on...)

We can do it!!

pamhoff805
07-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Good luck on phase 1 - the only thing that kept me going was knowing that it was short-term!!! I've read posts from those who spend much longer on phase 1 and just don't know how they do it. It's much more like a low, to no-carb eating, which I hate. I realize that there are those who are much more sensative to carbs.

My down-fall is sugar. As long as I can eat this way and keep the sugar cravings supressed, I will do fine.

I'm soooo happy with being down about 5 pounds, I can't tell you. My clothes that were tight on vacation are now fitting me fine and I hope they will be loose to falling off by the end of July.

My summer goal is to get back into my shorts that I wore 2 summers ago. That's about 10 more pounds.

I also look forward to watching the Biggest Loser this fall and not feeling like a failure for sitting there and doing nothing!!

Lexxiss
07-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Welcome to you both!

cottagebythesea
07-06-2010, 05:49 AM
:welcome2: to The Beach, Pam and MrsK!

Natasha1534
07-09-2010, 04:15 AM
Welcome!!!

WaistingTime
07-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Welcome ladies! This is an amazing place for support and inspiration and friendship. Hope to see you around often.