Old 07-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #1  
No excuses, No regrets.

S/C/G: 278/190/175

Height: 5'9

Default "Skinny Chicks Dont Eat Salads"

Lets face it, ya'll... 4th of July was rough on me. 4th of July parties do not cater to those who are trying to be healthy! But I am not going to dwell on my bad decisions of yesterday...

I have decided to start trying to plan out some meals each week. I picked up this book "Skinny Chicks Dont Eat Salads". A friend of mine had read it and said it was good and had good meal plan ideas in it. I am going to read it this afternoon and I will let you all know what I think about it. Anyone else out there read it? Also, does anyone have any good resources for meal planning? (preferably, meal planning for singles on a budget!?)

Thanks in advance for any info you have! And for all of you out there like me who.. oh, I dunno... maybe drank your days worth of calories last night?!... Dont sweat it. It's a new day! Lets make this week make up for it!

XoXo
La Vie
La Vie Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #2  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

I haven't heard of it, but let us know how it is! I haven't read any meal planning books, but I sometimes use Hungry Girl's website and books for meal and snack ideas.
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #3  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

I was just looking into the same thing. I eat a lot of baked chicken breast w/ Fresh and Easy's salsa lol. I really need to mix it up. (fear of carbs)

I do recomend cottage cheese with tuna instead of mayo. I learned that here on 3fc. I lOVE it, i add veggies i like, dill relish (not the sweet kind, pure pickle flavor) and spices i want, then cut up an entire cucumber and use it as chips for the mix. Its one of my favorite things. Also, just plain old chicken cut into chunks, (seasoned as you will) with hummus to dip it in. (Watch your hummus calories lol) Raw veggies like peppers and broccoli dip well in hummus too.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelah View Post
I haven't heard of it, but let us know how it is! I haven't read any meal planning books, but I sometimes use Hungry Girl's website and books for meal and snack ideas.
i second this!
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/shoestring-meals-235/

There's an really great, blossoming section of 3FC devoted to budget-friendly meals. I highly recommend you check it out.

Hungry Girl is always good for tips, too.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #6  
No excuses, No regrets.

S/C/G: 278/190/175

Height: 5'9

Finished the book last night!

I give it 3 dancing carrots!!

This book really opened my eyes to the fact that "Dieting" is... well... bull s***. It is all about changing your lifestyle and being healthy. It is not a "quick fix- drop 20lbs in a week!" type thing. The goal is to eat the things that give your body what it needs. In turn, you will end up losing weight and not caving into your cravings. NOTHING is totally cut out of your diet. You eat protien, carbs, fats... but in moderation and only in certain ways. It allows for you to live a normal life and I really like that.

I am going to go shopping today for some stuff to start the "kick start" meal plan. I'm really looking forward to it! The diet is really focused on keeping your blood sugar in check and keeping your hormones even and where they are supposed to be... which is really big for me due to my medical issues.

Overall, I really recommend this book. The one thing that kinda bugs me is the writer (Christine Avanti) talking about herself at her "heaviest"... which was only like 160lbs. Sure, everything is different for everyone.... but I kinda wanted to punch her and say "Shut up. Wanna trade your 160 for my 250? no? didnt think so." hehe.

It was a really good book that is more about being "Healthy" rather than "Super skinny". Its also easy to read and understand... plus some of the recipes look AWESOME! I cant wait to try them!
La Vie Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote