100 lb. Club - Accountability, menu, exercise plans, stuff....week of July 5

Beverlyjoy
07-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi! Here's a place for you to put your daily plans - food, menu, exercise, stuff and get some support and have some accountability.

Feel free to join in.

mj5
07-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Good Morning! We are in for a heat wave...ick, ok, I like nice weather, but 90's w/ high humidity is not my favorite!!! Oh, well, guess it will make it easier to drink LOTS of water!!!!

I am feeling really good about getting myself back on track, like the "switch" flipped again ya know? I don't know how to explain it, but I was telling hubby last night, I am excited to cook healthier and move more.

Have a great OP day!!!

Beverlyjoy
07-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was fun....having a cookout for America, my mom and my aunt (all with July 4 birthdays). It was hot...but - we have shade after f5pm on our deck and backyard. My food went well - always grateful for that.

At 8pm I started to get stomach cramps and pain. It was weird. I ended up not going to the fireworks. Finally at 3:30 am - the pain subsided. What was that about? Maybe left over from the colonoscopy? My fiber cereal after not eating some for days? I don't know. I thought - if it's not gone by morning, I'll have to go to the ER. But - after 7 hours of being doubled over...it stopped. Go figure. I feel fine now.

Today we are going to my cousin's house for a cookout celebrating our Aunt's birthday. My plan is scoping out the food. Making the healthiest choices - fill my plate carefully ONE time. No seconds.

The scale is still barely under 200 - but, it could be a 'leftover' from my Friday colonoscopy. I not counting anything the scale says until Wednesday. The nurses said - things will be back to where they should be in 3-5 days.

breakfast - turkey on bread with mayo, watermelon

lunch - cottage cheese, sliced tomato, rice cakes

snack - cereal, milk, fruit, pnb

dinner - cookout...healthiest choice

snack - sf pudding, cheese, fruit.

Have a great day folks!

GirlyGirlSebas
07-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Good morning, Friends!

MJ - I understand about the switch! I was in tears this morning because I realized that I am really doing this. It's not a fluke. As of tomorrow, I've been on-plan for 6 weeks!

Beverly - I'm glad to hear that your stomach pain left. That does not sound like much fun. Tonight, my MIL begins the prep for her colonoscopy.

I'm thoroughly enjoying having my brother and his family here. It has been a little bit difficult having a ton of junk food in my kitchen. So far, I've been strong and have stayed on-plan. Last evening, we went to the ice cream shop after the fireworks. I ordered a scoop of no-sugar added, fat free ice cream. I only ate 1/2 and gave the rest to my daughter. Next week will be the real challenge. We are headed to Florida for a week. The hotel room does have a fridge and microwave, so I'm planning ahead.

Have a great on-plan day.

ANewCreation
07-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Good morning chickies!

Beverlyjoy--so glad the stomach pain is gone!

mj5--woohoo--keep the switch flipped!

Rhonda--good for you--you are setting yourself up for success and I know you will do well in Florida.

Had a great weekend. Totally on plan. So often we hear about the struggles and sabotage when we're out with friends, so I just want to take a moment to share about one of my great friends. She had our family over for dinner last night. She obviously went out of her way to provide healthy foods she knew I could eat. For my burger, she had a lovely plate of lettuce so I could wrap my burger. She bought a 60calorie Jello mousse pack, along with low carb ice cream. Fruit and veggies galore. Hummus dip. A beautiful spinach salad with low calorie dressing. Of course there were chips, ranch dip, queso dip, etc. But for everything that wasn't on my plan there was something at the table I could have. I mentally tracked my calories and was totally on plan for the day!!!

No weight lost for last week but for me, staying on plan and NOT gaining is FABULOUS.

Hubby has today off so I'm not sure what we'll be doing for meals but so far:

b--pancake, bacon
275c

l--turkey rueben, fruit
400c

s--vitatop

d--atichoke/spincah pizza

s--vitatop
100c

total--1355c

Must run and get in the shower. TTYL!

mj5
07-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi again! I am sooooooooo bored. I am working today so others could have the day off. Kinda felt it was my "turn", besides I have a week off coming up soon, so it's ok. I was able to get a lot of paperwork done, which is good. Can't wait to go home and spend some time w/ the dogs and hubby! I do have to make a quick stop at the store for some fresh veggies and a small container of vanilla frozen yogurt. Hubby called and said he picked some super yummy blackberries in the back yard, so that will be our desert tonight.

I maintained this week too and I am quite pleased with that. Now next week I am working for a loss!!!

Beverlyjoy--That sounds terrible! Glad you are feeling better.

Rhonda--you are doing fantastic!!! What an inspiration. I know you will do great in Florida!

ANewCreation--What an awesome friend!!!

mingle
07-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Good afternoon, ladies! :)

mj5 - yay for the "switch" flipping! Fresh blackberries & frozen vanilla yogurt sounds soooo good! Enjoy! :)

beverlyjoy - glad the stomach pain stopped. Yikes, that sounds awful! So glad you are feeling better!

Girlygirl - Good for you for avoiding temptation & sticking to your plan!! You're making great choices!

ANewCreation - what a wonderful friend you have! Congrats on staying on plan for the weekend.

As for me, I'm having a lazy day today. I need to get up off my tushie & do some exercise. I worked out really hard Saturday & Sunday & am still kind of feeling it today. But I know I need to do something. I think I'm going to take the dog for a 60 minute walk & call it good!

Food has been good so far today. DH grilled some yummy stuff for lunch today & I'm at about 680 calories so far today. We have lots of leftovers for supper tonight - so, hooray! I don't have to cook :D

Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon! :)

TXMary2
07-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Bevjoy- happy to hear your pain is gone!

Mingle- good job on your weekend workouts. I haven't started intense working out yet- at least not consistently. I am going from being "normal busy" to being purposeful in my movement!

new creation- WTG for staying on plan.

mj- the yogurt and berries sound delish!

I had a good weekend, relatively low calories (meaning I didn't go the highest I could go). I think I had the TOM whoosh because I was down 3.2 today from what I weighed on the 2nd! YAY!!!

I went swimming today and was on purpose in treading water and "jogging"
in the water for 35 minutes. Calories are at 1400 so far so today will be a day on the higher end.

I plan to go walking in the morning. I need to make myself go.....it's just so stinking hot here.

Beverlyjoy
07-06-2010, 04:35 AM
Hi Chicks....yesterday I stayed in my calorie range...I am always grateful for that.

I had that stomach cramp thing again in the afternoon,(for an hour or so) I think it's related to me eating too much fiber so soon after my colonoscopy. I will watch it carefully.

Gosh, it's been hot here! Wow - am so grateful to have airconditioning and a ceiling fan. How did our grandparents/ancentors manage without it!

I've been pretty careful with my food of late - but, I haven't been getting in my stretches or strengthening exercises. Today I WILL do this for sure!!!

Still working on the day to day living with food in a healthy way:

plan/log/measure/count calories
fork down between bites
eat seated only, no seconds,
leave a bite
TASTE the food/ slow mindful eating
feel fullness
lots of water
exercise
remind myself that eating everthing I'd like to isn't an emergency
remind myself that food/eating doesn't cure stress/physical pain

breakfast - oatmeal, blueberries, milk pnb spoon

lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese, zuccini

snack - strawberries, cereal, milk

dinner - salmon, sweet potato, green bean salad, margerine

snack - lc cheese on rice cake, watermelon

mingle - glad you've had such a great weekend. Walking the dog is a great inbetween exercise!

txmary - LOVE that whoosh - kudo's on staying in your calorie range!
Mingle - good job on your food! Yes, taking the dog for a walk can a great in between exercise.

Mj - sounds like berries and yogurt sure do make a healthy dessert!

anew creation - wow - your friend is a real friend who cares about your goals and health. So glad you stayed on plan. Great.

Rhonda - kudo’s and well done getting through a food filled weekend and enjoying family. Have a GREAT vacation.

mj5
07-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Good Morning! It's another hot one here today...heat index is going to be over 100 today. ICK!!!! We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave......

mingle--How was your walk yesterday? Yippee for not having to cook last night!

TXMary--Congrats on your loss!! Did you get a walk in this morning? It's hot here, so I can't even imagine how hot it is there....

Beverlyjoy--Great job yesterday! I think our ancestors were just tougher! I am a wimp when it comes to the heat, I'll admit it! I can deal w/ the cold (you can always put on a sweater!)

So last night I made this saute w/ zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and tomoatoes, a little evoo and garlic....it was SO good! Even hubby loved it. There is a lot leftover, so tonight I will add some diced chicken have serve it over whole wheat pasta.

I am hoping to brave the heat and run down to the farmers market this morning and see if I can buy some berries...our desert last night was delish!

Have a great OP day everyone. Don't forget to drink lots of water!

mingle
07-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Good morning, ladies! :)

TXMary - great job on your "whoosh" & staying OP over the weekend!!

Beverlyjoy - glad you were on plan yesterday! Hope those stomach pains stay away now!!

Got up this morning & got my exercise in - 50 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical for 4.5 miles. Now, the kids & I are off to the zoo. So will get some more steps in there.

The scale is just not budging for me. I've been at 231.2 for 2 weeks now. I'm really, really hoping to get a whoosh, or at least a loss of some sort this week. I'm going to try cycling my calories this week to see if that makes a difference. We'll see!

Hope everyone has a fun, healthy day! :)

Beverlyjoy
07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Update - I spoke to the nurse at the gastroenterologists office and told her of my night of severe stomach area pain. And - my one hour bout yesterday. She felt it probably had to do with my body reacting to the amount of fiber I was giving it while it was still kinda empty 'down in there'. I am to call them if it happens again.

Thanks everyone for your concern.

Beverlyjoy
07-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Hi chickies - I stayed in my calorie range yesterday...am always grateful for that. My actual food plan took a few twists and turns but, I resisted temptations. DH had some homemade trail mix - it was 'calling' to me all day. I didn't want to deal with it anymore so I squirted liquid dish soap in the bag and threw it in the trash. Mission accomplished!

Yes...I did do my stretches and strengthening exercises yesterday. I am planning to do them again today.

My tummy felt fine all day - so I think that saga is over...LOL.

journal
plan/log/measure/count calories
fork down between bites
leave a bite
eat seated only
no seconds
lots of water
remember that food is not an emergency
remember that food doesn't cure pain or stress
slow mindful eating
feel fullness
TASTE the food

breakfast - pnb toast, morningstar bacon, blueberries

lunch - homemade mushroom soup, slice of light cheese, rice cake

snack - cereal, milk, fruit

dinner - tuna salad, crackers, roasted veggies

snack - lc cheese, rice cakes, fruit

Mingle - three cheers for all that exercise. The scale will move - in it's own time, darn it. You are doing great.

mj - I am singing tropical heatwave with you! Your veggie dish sounds so yummy. I like recipes that can morph into somethng new the next day too.

Shout out to anyone stopping by the tread today. Have a healthy day.

TXMary2
07-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Good morning ladies :)

Bev- WTG on staying in your calorie range.

Well, so uchfor yesterday's whoosh! I think I ruined it by not drinking enough water yesterday. In fact I think I drank less than one bottle. This morning I am up by 1.4 - soooo aggravating, but I feel pretty sure it was the water. I have to make a conscious effort to drink the water because it is so easy to just go about my day and not drink.

I did not go on a walk this morning or yesterday - I didn't exercise at all yesterday. My calories were under 1600 so that was good.

My goal is to get some sort of exercise today for minimum 20 minutes.

Schmoodle
07-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Hello ladies! I am back from a long week at the beach, preceded by a long weekend getaway with DH to celebrate our anniversary. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I worked and I'm having a hard time getting motivated!

I'm determined to get strict again, and this is the perfect time, since I have no appetite in this heat. I'm not going to walk today, too hot, but we'll go to the pool later and I'll swim laps instead. My plan for today:
B: leftover chicken breast, tomato juice
L: cottage cheese smoothie, flax muffin
D: stuffed zukes on the grill

Happy Wednesday everyone!

mingle
07-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Good morning!

beverlyjoy - great job on getting rid of that trail mix!!!

TXMary - get that water in! I'm sure the weight will go right back down!

Schmoodle - I've heard about the heat wave in the Northeast - stay cool!!!

I'm watching my nephews today, so I have a 6 year old, 4 year old, 2 year old, & 1 year old in the house! They are keeping me on my toes! :) Didn't get much in for exercise. I was just exhausted this morning & only managed a 20 minute total body workout dvd. But better than nothing. After DH gets home this afternoon, I may try to get a 30 minute walk in.

Food was good yesterday - stayed within my calories. And I have everything planned out for today, so should be good there.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

ANewCreation
07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey chickies! Just popping in to be accountable real quick. Yesterday very on plan. Calories for the day came in at exactly 1200. Shoulder still bothering me, but went swimming anyway. I am either in the pool working on laps or on the treadmill watching more episodes of Nurse Jackie--lol! Finally made an appointment to see the chiropracter this Friday evening. Till then, pain meds and muscle relaxers keep me going.

Take care everyone, have a great on plan day!

TXMary2
07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Update: After I had my coffee and went to the bathroom I was down to 234.6 - LOL I have also already exercised 21 minutes. I jogged/walked around my back yard - did marching and exercises with my arms. Hopefully it won't rain and we can go to the pool this afternoon and I can do another 20 minutes of swimming there.

Schmoodle, what is a cottage cheese smoothie??? Enquiring minds want to know!

mj5
07-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone! It's another hot one here. ICK! Today is my string of meetings day...oh well, at least there is lots of a/c!

Food choice have been good. Exercise not good--too hot...will restart that soon, though. Water has been excellent....at least the heat is good for something....

ANewCreation
07-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Another busy day, total calories: 1285.

Beverlyjoy
07-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Hi chicks...yesterday I stayed in my calorie range...am always grateful for that. I didn't do any exercise, however. Today I will! I wrote in my journal which is good.

I got a date for my foot/ankle surgery - July 27. I am so scared.

Also....I made it to onederland. :) Many thanks to my accountability friends, indeed!!! You guys are awesome. (I can't beleive I forgot to put all this happy news in my original post early this morning!)

journal
plan/measure/log/calories
lots of water
fork down between bites
eat seated only
no seconds
leave a bite of food
slow mindful eating
taste the food
try and feel fullness

breakfast - pnb toast, egg white scramble, ketchup, clementine

lunch - mushroom soup, steamed parsnips

snack - ceral, milk, fruit

dinner - tuna salad, green bean salad, rice cake

snack - sf choc. pudding, cheese, crackers

newcreation - good job staying in your calorie range - I hope your shoulder is better today.

mj - great for being good with the food and water - is the gym air conditioned

txmary - great exercise!

mingle - I think running around after those kids is exercise! Glad to hear of your good planning.

shmoodle - glad you are back. I thought of you when you were gone. I am so, so glad you and DH got to get away. Good plan!

TXMary2
07-08-2010, 08:02 AM
My calories ended up 1783 yesterday which is still in the range I am allowed for weight loss. I drank lots of water yesterday and I did 21 minutes of wlking/jogging etc in my back yard. Then in the afternoon I went swimming and did 1 hour of treading water/jogging/water resistance exercises- basically one hour of continous movement. I only intended to do 20 minutes, but got caught up in conversations and just kept going.

Today I weigh 233.6 - down a pound from yesterday! Oh and my blood sugar was only 109 !!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!

mingle
07-08-2010, 08:44 AM
ANewCreation - great job staying on plan! I hope the chiropractor can offer you some relief for your shoulder!

TXMary - way to go on all the exercise! That is awesome!

mj5 - stay cool! And way to go on making good food choices!

beverlyjoy - great job on staying on plan & planning your exercise today! I'm thinking of you as your foot/ankle surgery approaches *hugs*

Yesterday was a success for me food-wise, thankfully. I wanted to eat something "extra" last night, but I made the choice to turn off the kitchen light & say to myself "the kitchen is closed!" It worked :)

Today will be a busy but fun day for me & the kids. Need to get some groceries & we're planning to go swimming at my mother-in-law's this afternoon. I'm going to get ready to go down & do the elliptical for 50 minutes before we go to the store. Today's food is planned, & I'm planning on a successful, healthy day!

Have a great one, all! :)

mj5
07-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Good Morning! Today is supposed to be the hottest so far, then it is supposed to break a little. I hope so...staff are cranky, consumers are cranky...which is making ME cranky :nono: TOM is here (doesn't help the crankiness, that's for sure!), so I am staying far, far away from the scale.

ANewCreation--Hi! Keep it up!

Beverlyjoy--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You are doing awesome! Ok, so now you have a date. We will be here for you!!!! Technically, yes the gym has a/c, but it really doesn't feel like it in this heat. With a heat index over 100, just too hot for me....Saturday is supposed to be better. I AM going to Zumba and will get back on track w/ gym workouts starting Monday.

Schmoodle--Welcome back!

TxMary--Great workouts and a loss AND blood sugar reading!!! Awesome!

mingle--Great job last night! Sounds like a great day planned for today! Keep it up!

Diane--Where are you???? Did you go away and I missed it?

My older brother was on our local news last night. He is an ER dr and he was talking about how to prevent heat related illnesses. It was pretty cool.

Have a great OP day everyone. Stay cool. Drink lots of water.

mingle
07-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Just a quick pop in to say I hopped on the scale this morning & I finally made my first goal!! I'm so happy, I could cry! It took me a little less than 2 & 1/2 months, but I made my goal & have lost 22.6 pounds :D

ANewCreation
07-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Hello chickies!

Just going to pop in and celebrate a 2# loss. Only 34# to go before I reach my goal. I know I am going to still be overweight but I will re-evaluate then. Can't wait for my yearly physical at the end of this month. My primary is going to be sooooo thrilled.

Beverlyjoy--I am so thrilled for you--welcome to wonderland!!! I understand your fear of surgery, I will keep you in prayer.

TXMary2--you are doing a great job--congrats on the loss and lower blood sugar!!!!

mingle--Congrats on making goal--22.6#'s is awesome!!!!

mj5--Yes, stay away from the scale. Stay on plan and all will be right for you very soon. I'm so glad to be past that stage of life, but I remember it well --I'd give you a hug but it's too hot for one, isn't it--LOL ;)

Beverlyjoy
07-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi chickies - yesterday was on plan all day until right before bedtime. I started reading the forums about my surgery and it's recovery - I was totally freaked out and terrified. I did eat extra - but, stopped. I did get alot of helpful hints and information, but - I think I need to stop reading it. I have a very long list of questions. I'll call the doc's nurse and maybe go see him again.

Thanks to you all for your cheers and support as I moved into the land of One.

today:

I must be willing to use all the techniques it takes to have some level of sanity with food. It is a daily process. I wish I could just do these things without writing about it in my journal. Maybe someday it will come naturally....

plan/log/measure
count my calories
put fork down between bites
slow mindful eating - I need to do some timing today
really TASTE and
leave a small bite of food - food won't own me
enjoy the food
lots of water
exersice
meditation - I'll need this soon more than ever
no second helpings
eat seated only
give myself credit when I do things right
use my resistance techniques
say Oh Well to any unfairness I might feel

say 'No Choice' to myself sometimes - do I just drive right through a red light - of course not - there's no choice. If I want food sanity I must to willing to say No Choice to myself when necessary

breakfast - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, milk, pnb spoon

lunch - greens and white beans, toast

snack - cereal, milk, clementine

dinner - mac and cheese, cauliflower

snack - cheese, fruit

I'll be back later for personals. Everyone, have a GREAT day.

mingle
07-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Good morning!! :)

ANewCreation - WOW! Only 34 pounds to goal! That is fabulous! Congrats on your 2 pound loss! I'm sure your doctor is going to be absolutely astounded :D

beverlyjoy - I hope you can find some peace & get some answer to some of your questions in regards to your surgery. Thinking of you *hugs*

Had a successful day yesterday. Got a lot of exercise in - 50 minutes on the elliptical, a hour, 10 minutes push mowing, & an hour in the pool. And calories were right on plan, as well.

Today will be a challenge - we're going to a BBQ tonight. I'm sure there will be a lot of yummies there. I never know how to handle these situations - should I just eat before hand & not eat there at all? Try to make the healthiest choice I can even though I don't know if there will be anything very healthy at all? I'll figure something out. I've been on a good streak here the last week & I want to keep it going!

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy day!

TXMary2
07-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Mingle- WTG on that first goal!! You are awesome!

Bevjoy - stopping yourself was a victory! Try not to stress about the surgery (easier said than done I am sure) because stress can make you hang on to weight.

Anew- Congrats on your two pounds!

mj- sorry the heat is making you cranky. It makes me cranky too and it sucks to be hot!

So, I weighed this morning at 232.8 which is .8 down from yesterday and a new low weight on this journey. I am hoping it sticks. My calories yesterday were in the 1500 range and I drank plenty of water. I did not exercise at all. I am also really frustrated because TOM *started* June 25 then stopped the next day and then just spotted until Monday of this week.......since Wednesday it has been ridiculous! I fear this weight I have lost this week is blood! Sorry for the TMI- I just don't know what is going on with my body. TOM has been semi weird the last two years or so. I am 38 - maybe it's just because I am getting older. Has anyone dealt with these types of inconsistency? What did you do?

GirlyGirlSebas
07-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Hi Friends. My daughters and I made it to Florida today. Strangely, the weather in Atlanta has been hotter lately than the weather here in FL. It was so good to see my Dad and step-Mom this evening! However, my head is already in the "vacation" mode. I'm not doing a very good job of staying on plan. Ugh! I hate this. I really just want to relax and enjoy myself, but I also know where this mindset had brought me. I'll just have to keep trying.

TXMary2
07-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Good moring ladies.

Rhonda- have a great time in Florida! I know you will stay on plan because the temporary taste of something doesn't taste as good as being fit and healthy feels!

I am down .8 today to 232 even. Calories yesterday were 1800 something. My highest day this week I think. I am allowed up to 1940 so I have been aiming to stay under that. I am drinking my water, but I haven't exercised the last two days because it has been raining and the pool was closed. I suppose I could have done exercise at home, but I just stayed busy instead.

OK- one thing- I went to BUNCO last night and the hostess served brown rice and pinto beans that were marinated in olive oil and lime juice..she threw a little red onion in them and served them cold. They were SO good and healthy. I was so happy. I had "saved" up my calories during the day because I knew BUNCO would be dinner but I had no idea what it would be. For dessert she served Pink Lemonade Pie and there are no words to describe it. I had a small piece and I guesstimated 500 calories to be safe, but it was sinfully delicious and worth every calorie. LOL That's all - I will forget the pie and move on ...maybe.....I am trying to figure out a low calorie version by using fat free and sugar free ingredients! hahaha

Beverlyjoy
07-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a very healthy day - I am always grateful for that!

I spoke with the surgeons nurse for 25 minutes with questions. I feel much more informed about what will happen, what I can expect, time line of recovery, things I need to have when I come home, how long I'll need to have someone taking care of me, etc.

Today is hanging with DH. I like that.

plan/log/measure
count my calories
put fork down between bites
slow mindful eating
really TASTE and
leave a small bite of food - food won't own me
enjoy the food
lots of water
exersice
meditation - I'll need this soon more than ever
no second helpings
eat seated only
give myself credit when I do things right
use my resistance techniques
say Oh Well to any unfairness I might feel

breakfast - lite turkey sausage link, lite bread with pnb, strawberries

lunch - thai noodle salad

snack - fiber cereal, milk, clementine

dinner - cottage cheese, ear of corn, steamed zuccinni

snack - yogurt, cheese, applesauce

Have a GREAT day.

mj5
07-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Good Morning! I am almost done cleaning, but I wanted to pop in here (and take a break from cleaning!) I am going to zumba...can't wait! I'll let you know how it is (assuming I can move afterwards...)

mingle--Great job!!!!!

ANewCreation--Congrats on the loss!!! great job! Actually today is better, so I'll take that hug. LOL!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for stopping. Oh goodness...those darn forums! Yea, I did the same thing when my dr first mentioned knee surgery. There is some very good info, but some very scary too. SO glad you were able to talk to the nurse!!! Have a great day w/ DH!

TXMary--Congrats on the loss. Hmmm, idk, if it isn't normal for you, I'd say it's worth a call to the drs office. Glad you had fun last night. Mmm, that pie sounds yummy!

Rhonda--Have a great time in FL! I hear you w/ the weather! I have friends from college in FL and they are "laughing" at all of us in the N East because we are melting.....One day at a time, you can do this!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Slashnl
07-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi everyone. Quick check in. I've been around, just not posting much. Busy at work and busy at home. My son was in the little league All-star tournament and that took away every night and some of the work day, too. I'll be back to posting next week. I have this weekend to catch up a little with work and get back to normal!!

Beverlyjoy
07-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi chicks....yesterday was a great food day - I am always grateful for that. Today our cousins are coming over for dinner. Everyone is eating steak - but, I'll eat a turkey burger - don't want steak.

I've realized that my jaw is not fully healed yet - so I need to stick with the softer foods.

breakfast - oatmeal, blueberries, milk, pnb spoon

lunch - refried beans, cheese, salsa, steamed zuccinni

snack - cereal, milk, yogurt

dinner - turkey burger with cheese, corn, steamed carrots

snack - soft cheese on bread, strawberries

Have a great day!

mj5
07-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Good Morning!

Diane--Glad you popped in! Sounds super busy, as always!

Beverlyjoy--Yea for another great day!

I didn't get to take the zumba class. Grrrrr, this other lady and I were waiting outside the studio and the door was locked. SO...the other lady called the number and the instructor apologized profusely and told us that she was only doing the earlier class that day. She suggested we get on her e-mail list, so she can e-mail (in advance) any class time changes. So, we both did that. Oh well....there is always next Saturday!!! (I went for a walk instead....not as intense of a workout, but at least I did something!)

It's a lazy day w/ the dogs for me....poor hubby has to work a super long day today.

Have a great day everyone!

TXMary2
07-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Happy Weekend ladies. I am down another .8 from yesterday. I guess it really is a TOM whoosh since last week after a week of good exercise and daily good calories I had only lost .4 - so now I am making up for it I guess.