South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Muggy Monday Mutterings

Finally we have real summer with temps going to the mid-nineties and a humidex advisory. I have the AC on already and am expecting the windows to steam up.

I am going out to water shortly and then will be at one of the schools just after nine to pick up a last small batch of schoolwork to be judged tomorrow. It'll be a lot of fun spending the morning upstairs in the Fair Hall - not!

Late this afternoon the girls leave for Ottawa - London - Sweden and the Dalecarlia Cup. They are excited and scared. Their coach, not too swift except for soccer, told them to all wear their long-sleeved uniform shirts for the trip. There will be some discussion about that this afternoon since it's predicted to be 95º. We will see them off at 5 - 18 girls, two coaches, a nurse and assorted parents who scraped up the bucks to go along.

Try to stay comfy today if you are in this tropical weather. My dogs have already found cool spots - Disney's on the ceramic bathroom floor and Jazz is on my bed letting the fan ruffle his fur! Dogs know how to live!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and Chicks yet to awaken Yes, I'm still drinking coffee even in this heat

Ruth - we have the same stretch of heat here. Hope that coach lets those poor girls wear something a little cooler! Enjoy your AC this afternoon.

Not sure what our day holds yet. I need to get some squash on the dehydrator (in the back hall, of course) and get some exercise before it gets hot but not sure about the rest of the day. Hot days do tend to disappear. Maybe coffee will help me come up with a plan
Old 07-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning from very muggy Southeast PA. We have the air conditioner running, too, and I know our pool will be a popular place today.

It's my DS's birthday today, and Wednesday is Jake's birthday, so we're having yet another big celebration today. Yesterday was a blast at my brother's. I never thought I'd want to sit in a hot tub on a hot day, but it was lovely.

Eric came over last night after his show, and we stayed up til the wee hours playing Scopa. They're all still asleep but I'm sure Carley will be waking up shortly to come cuddle on my lap. Right now, though, I'm enjoying some quiet time with Jake and the coffee pot.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

I guess we've all got the same kind of weather today. I'm not sure how I'll spend the day. I've got lots of little odds and ends that I want/need to get done before we leave on vacation on Wednesday morning, so I'll probably fritter the day away doing little things.

Enjoy your Monday!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We also have muggy weather here as well. Not sure what we have on plan for today but it was nice to wake up without an alarm today.

I am taking off Thursday of this week as well for DD2 birthday so this will only be a 3 day work week for me. Yea

Try and stay cool.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

GM

My friend is coming to take care of patients so I can go to the pool!

Have a great day! I'll try to get back later. Beautiful day here!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #7  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hello ladies! I'm going to do some cleaning today! And then make some chicken something-or-other, with mashed cauliflower and leftover 3-bean salad. I am searching the forum and google for a little something different. Take care!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

By 8:30 the house was already getting hot so we did what any sensible people would do - we ran away. We spent the day in the White Mountains driving, swimming and drinking iced lattes. Sadly it is absolutely wretched in the house now but at least we had a good day.

I finally bought a bathing suit. It's the first one I've had in 3 years. Turned out that bathing suit shopping still stunk even after losing weight. We are going camping next weekend and I really want to swim so I finally got one. Today I just punted - wore swimming shorts with a sports bra and tank top. Hey, this is New England and that's more than a lot of people wear

Think I'll go sit on the porch until I absolutely have to be in the house. Hope your day included some relaxation and a cool breeze
Closed Thread