Metabolic Research Center - Day 7 and I need help

View Full Version : Day 7 and I need help

STEPHANIES36
07-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi MRC friends,

I am on day 7 of the meta-slim plan. I started off with 28 pounds to lose to meet my goal of 135 (Haven't been here sine 8th grade). I lost 4.5 pounds in 2 days then nothing since. I am drinking 80+ oz of water a day, not cheating (even though I am dying to), and have exercise 4 of the 7 days. PLEASE tell me that this has happened to someone else and that it subsides. I can not fail or plateau at one more diet. Especially since this is in the first 10 days. Shouldn't I have lost more?? Tell me I have a friend out there like me!

I am 5' 4" and 159.5 now!

Help!!!

PinkTiara22
07-04-2010, 10:38 PM
4.5 lbs in a week is fabulous! Many people hit a plateau after a week or two, it's completely normal. Remember they say 3-5 a week is average. 4.5 is right in there.

hatethesweatpants
07-05-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm copying this from a post of mine a couple of weeks ago:

I've posted before about a 10 day plateau. They might have given you some paperwork about that at you first session. Basically, your first 2 weeks are MOSTLY water weight loss because of the low-carb menu. Around that 7-10th day, your body starts holding onto water like crazy so your cells won't collapse. After a short plateau, you'll start losing pounds again. You ARE losing fat, it's just that those cells are filling with water. Hang in there and don't give up! So many people have posted the exact same question. You're not alone! It happened to me, too!

Mary1011
07-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Hang in there with as much focus as you have had and you'll push right through it. You can do it!