100 lb. Club - Pictures still demotivate me...see for yourself

Eliana
07-03-2010, 10:00 PM
This morning, I hit 174 pounds, which puts me in the overweight category. Also, it means I've lost 60 pounds. So I was feeling pretty dang good about myself. I told my husband "I want pictures!!" I've been kicking myself ever since!!

I look at pictures of all of you and think, man! They're doing awesome! I see such huge differences. I can certainly see a difference in me...but gosh. I don't know...my outside still doesn't match that mental image I have of myself. I should just live inside my head. It's much prettier!! :rofl:

Sorry that the before picture is so small. That's me feeling pretty good about myself after a haircut at 235 pounds.

The second picture is of me today on the way out to dinner. The dress is a size medium!! For goodness sakes, I now wear a size 12 and am close to a 10. But the woman I see in this picture is not that size.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/tn.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/100_2963.jpg

Eliana
07-03-2010, 10:02 PM
I actually kind of like this one.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o166/operaeric/100_2972.jpg

Onederchic
07-03-2010, 10:10 PM
I think you look fab! :hug:

devinmic
07-03-2010, 10:13 PM
I think you look great as well!! Keep up the good work!!

ShylahEQ
07-03-2010, 10:13 PM
You are looking great Eliana! We are our own worst critics though.

Your hubby looks mighty pleased in that picture :) I think it will just take some time for your mind to catch up with the rest of you.

GirlyGirlSebas
07-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Goodness, girlfriend....you're gorgeous!

matt_H
07-03-2010, 10:38 PM
You look amaziing and it is great to put a face with the name! :)

ubergirl
07-03-2010, 10:40 PM
You look beautiful and there is no comparison with the first picture.

gtech2mit10
07-03-2010, 11:07 PM
1) You look beautiful -- and look at how narrow your torso has become! That's insane.
2) If you aren't as thin as you'd like, please remember that now that you're littler:), even 10 additional pound can and will make a HUGE difference in your figure that would've have been evident when you were 230 lbs. That's one of the thigns that thrilled me about getting down into the 170s decade in particular -- at that point, losing 10 pounds and moving from 176-->166 made a *tremendous* difference in my figure that I didn't observe when I moved from 186-->176.

SnowboundChick
07-03-2010, 11:13 PM
I think you look gorgeous!! Be proud of all that hard work you've done!!

Windchime
07-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I see a big difference and I agree that you look fab. We are the last ones who can see the difference in our own body, for some reason. It's like your brain hasn't caught up with the reality of how you look yet. I am struggling with the same thing recently.

LotusMama
07-03-2010, 11:26 PM
You look beautiful and there is no comparison with the first picture.

I completely agree!

Nice work, Eliana! Your progress is very evident and you should be so proud.

Cheers,

J

kendra
07-04-2010, 12:47 AM
You are looking fabulous! Keep up the good work!

Cglasscock1
07-04-2010, 12:49 AM
You look so chic! Your weight loss is very evident! Love the shoes!

nurse2be
07-04-2010, 01:54 AM
You look FABULOUS! I am the same height and weight as you now and I carry it different, I'm no where near a size 12! WTG!

Rosinante
07-04-2010, 02:32 AM
You look very good indeed. Much younger than in the first photo, and definitely 60lbs lighter!

Arctic Mama
07-04-2010, 02:39 AM
You are beautiful and I see a HUGE difference. Unfortunately for you the way you carry your weight is making dramatic reductions slow, but do NOT doubt how many inches you have visibly dropped from all over your body. Your husband's grin is well placed, next to such a lovely wife :)

quince
07-04-2010, 05:12 AM
omg, you look great, don't waste another minute feeling anything less then beautiful! and the weight loss really shows!

GoldenLeaf
07-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Are you kidding? You look incredible! I'm 1 inch taller than you and a similar BMI and I do not look anywhere near as good as you do. I still look like a blob, you look shapely and toned!

sept15lija
07-04-2010, 07:28 AM
You look wonderful!!!! Congratulations!

KatMarie
07-04-2010, 07:56 AM
You look hot! I wish I looked as good as you!

Eliana
07-04-2010, 08:33 AM
What a marvelous place! Thanks guys. I think later I will take pictures of me in some goal jeans that now button and zip. I've been taking pictures ever since they were too small to step into without falling over. At the time, I struggled to get them up past my knees. I think maybe those side by sides will do my ego some good. I think I'll also take a more natural picture of me in my comfy jeans and a shirt I'd typically wear. Me dressed up doesn't often happen!

Thanks for the compliment on the shoes! I bought them for the dinner and the heel is pretty high or I wouldn't come up so high on DH! :rofl: I really do not know how to walk in them and DH is pretty much holding me up.

On the plus side, that dinner we went to was amazing! I felt like I did pretty well until they brought out an unexpected dish of creme broulette. (However that's spelled) I ate the whole thing before realizing I should have taken half home. And yet, I didn't gain even one ounce this morning! :D

renstwin
07-04-2010, 08:38 AM
You look beautiful! Thank you for continuing to inspire us!

Beverlyjoy
07-04-2010, 08:42 AM
You are looking fantastic. It's so hard for our heads to wrap it'self around where are appearance is at first.

rockinrobin
07-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Oh darling, there is a DRASTIC difference. You definitely look like you're in a different *category* now.

Funny enough I walked around super morbidly obese for eons and as soon as I started losing, I became more critical of myself. I suspect this is what is happening to you. It will ease. You will find the balance.

In the meantime, enjoy the new body (& life) you've created for yourself, knowing that you are a work in progress, and that you are progressing quite nicely!

gmailjunkie
07-04-2010, 09:01 AM
How cute are you! And how slender your ankles are! I live in fear of cankles so I always notice ankles on other people.

I think when you have a little distance from this weight you'll appreciate the image more.

In any case- if you can't quite see how fabulous you look yet- you can definitely focus on how much better you feel physically and how proud you must feel- I do hope you are proud.

Also- how cute are the kiddies in the background!

:hug:

M

Judy Lynn
07-04-2010, 09:03 AM
I think you look fantastic!

Eliana
07-04-2010, 09:04 AM
How cute are you! And how slender your ankles are! I live in fear of cankles so I always notice ankles on other people.

I think when you have a little distance from this weight you'll appreciate the image more.

In any case- if you can't quite see how fabulous you look yet- you can definitely focus on how much better you feel physically and how proud you must feel- I do hope you are proud.

Also- how cute are the kiddies in the background!

:hug:

M

Oh, thanks for the ankles compliment!! I can't see past the calves to look at the ankles! My calves, thighs and arms are hangups for me.

And those "kiddies" are now 8 and 10! LOL! They're sixteen months apart, as is evident in that picture.

Jen415
07-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Oh wow, there is a DEFINITE difference! But I know what you mean.....there is lots of evidence that I am shrinking, but for some reason *I* can't see it!!

Trazey34
07-04-2010, 12:56 PM
well, the first time i've laid eyes on you is in that black dress - and you don't look like a fat girl, you just look regular, if you know what i mean? can't think of a better compliment :)

susiemartin
07-04-2010, 01:38 PM
You look great. The difference is amazing!

saef
07-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Eliana, I think this is one instance in which you have to turn to outsiders for a more objective opinion. Your problem (and probably your strength) is that you are a visionary. Regarding your appearance, I mean. You look at what you have done so far & see only what can be improved, & how far you think you need to go. But you're the only one who has those particular improvements in mind. The rest of us just see what you've done; we have no Platonic ideal "after" to go by & to measure any so-called shortcomings against.

I have to ask, what about your ribcage & belly & waist, girl? Look at the shape you have in that dress. Then look back at what your shape was like in the yellow top. If you grab a handful there, you've got to be holding much, much less in your hand than you did months ago. (Remember the old "pinch an inch" commercials? I hated them because I could always pinch lots more than an inch. But that's the measurement I am talking about.)

Otherwise I would say you're one of those who has a proportionate loss, pretty much all over. There's no one part that simply deflates. You're going down everywhere simultaneously. I think that's the hardest weight loss to grasp as far as reconstructing one's mental image of oneself goes. It's easy to notice if your boobs shrank or your butt is smaller. It's much harder when everything overall has gone down.

You need Sirenity to show you how to do one of those amazing morph images, like the one she posted a week or two ago. Then you would actually be able to visualize what all your hard-won labor has gotten you. Please, please do not discount your accomplishment just because of that Vision of yours. You have done something amazing. Truly.

IsabelleLuke
07-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I think you look amazing! Great job!

TaraLee
07-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't know what your talking about.

Its a magnificent difference. You look stunning in that dress...you really rocked it girl! You looked sleek and had fabulous curves. You looked pregnant in the yellow shirt one... oh, gosh hope that doesn't offend you. I just mean, to me, I see a big difference.

Eliana
07-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Saef, you're amazing. ;) I think you nailed it and if I look at it that way I guess I can be ok with it too. I do lose it all over. Apple shapes already have skinny legs so 60 off the top is going to be more dramatic than 60 pounds off a....what am I...a regtangle? LOL! Us "rectangles" perhaps lose it everywhere and maybe it's harder to see.

And as for a waist, I know I have one, but I think it flat disappears in that dress! I think it accentuates the rectangledness! :D

And Taralee, no you didn't offend me! :rofl: Thank you!

Shmead
07-04-2010, 07:12 PM
You look very nice, but I don't think that's a good picture--I bet in "real life" you are quite a bit more attractive even than that picture: the light is very harsh,and you are clearly tensing up, holding yourself like you are about to get smacked (which is what a picture feels like when you are obese, and the habit lingers!). You look worried and self-conscious, which are not attractive.

Understand, I'm not insulting you. I'm just saying that this very attractive picture probably reflects the worst you looked all evening, and when you are relaxed and laughing with your loved ones, you probably look even better.

mingle
07-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I think you look stunning! And that is a great picture of you & your DH :)

GoldenLeaf
07-04-2010, 11:40 PM
And as for a waist, I know I have one, but I think it flat disappears in that dress! I think it accentuates the rectangledness! :D

One of the first things I noticed was how skinny your waist looks! :carrot:

Stella
07-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Nothing to be ashamed about!! You look wonderful!