General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #1  
NO LONGER WILL I BE FAT!~

S/C/G: 235/230/115

Default Grapefruit Diet, loose 10lb in 10 days!?

Okay, so today i came across the grapefruit diet, which seemed pretty legit to me. I can eat as much of my favorite veggies and meat, and no starving! With some food restrictions, and I go on for 12 days on this diet, with a 2 day break before i can start again. I was wondering if anyone has had success or any problems with this diet. I lost my original 20 lbs by calorie counting and etc, but I'm the kind of person who needs order and a diet plan to follow else ill gain all my weight back. As a pro dieter i have experienced trying to eat healthy and lose weight slowly but it doesnt work for me, the only time where i reached my goal weight and stayed that way was when i did the 6 day body makeover for 1 month and i lost about 30lbs and i was my goal weight (i weighed less then). I recently came off the Master Cleanse for 10 days and i gained all my weight back but 5 lbs. Im so sad and i really want to loose 50-60 lbs by the beginning of september. And this diet promised that. My metabolism is REALLY REALLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY slow, so do you guys think this diet is gonna work for me? please give me your insights on this diet and all you know about it. thankyou so much!!!
2fat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:00 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Unfortunately, the reason you regain is the same reason you keep going for the "magic" plans - you're looking for a quick fix.

Saying "Losing weight the slow/healthy way won't work for me" is fine, but it pretty much rules out long-term maintenance. As you continue to yo-yo, your metabolism will continue to slow, and each subsequent attempt will be more difficult.

There is nothing about grapefruit or the combination of specified foods that will make you lose weight. The weight you lose will be water, and some amount of fat because you are consuming fewer calories...that's it.

If you are interested in losing weight and keeping it off, you need to find a plan that you can do forever...not just until you reach your goal.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:34 AM   #3  

I figured that even though its a quick fix, when i loose my weight, ill slowly build up my eating habbits by changing my diet slowly each day, and increasing my excersize intake untill i can stablize a good weight, and i will continue to eat healthy and excersize everyday. I have seen tons of master cleanse stories about people who lost alot of weight and kept it off. I understand that i will gain some of the weight back like 10-15 lbs, but i will take those right back down with my stable lifetime diet.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #4  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fat4u View Post
Okay, so today i came across the grapefruit diet, which seemed pretty legit to me. I can eat as much of my favorite veggies and meat, and no starving! With some food restrictions, and I go on for 12 days on this diet, with a 2 day break before i can start again. I was wondering if anyone has had success or any problems with this diet. I lost my original 20 lbs by calorie counting and etc, but I'm the kind of person who needs order and a diet plan to follow else ill gain all my weight back. As a pro dieter i have experienced trying to eat healthy and lose weight slowly but it doesnt work for me, the only time where i reached my goal weight and stayed that way was when i did the 6 day body makeover for 1 month and i lost about 30lbs and i was my goal weight (i weighed less then). I recently came off the Master Cleanse for 10 days and i gained all my weight back but 5 lbs. Im so sad and i really want to loose 50-60 lbs by the beginning of september. And this diet promised that. My metabolism is REALLY REALLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY slow, so do you guys think this diet is gonna work for me? please give me your insights on this diet and all you know about it. thankyou so much!!!
Hi 2fat4u, I love grapefruits and eat a half to a whole grapefruit quite often. I started my weight loss journey on 6/1 and as of 6/30 I had lost 12.2 pounds, so I don't think it had anything to do with the grapefruit. It was all about cutting my junk out and counting my calories. I honestly don't think I could only eat the little bit of food that it says to eat, however I won't lie, I think I did try at some point but always went over. I love to eat so trying to limit myself is often hard, but I must be doing something right. I also walk or do some of exercise. I am adamant about that. I'm no expert but I don't know if losing 50 to 60lbs by September is good. I think it would be too much too fast too soon. That's about a pound a day. Just my opinion. Even though I'd like to be 170 by the end of July, the end of August would be just fine. Best of luck to you and me on our weight loss journeys. Take care.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Unfortunately, the reason you regain is the same reason you keep going for the "magic" plans - you're looking for a quick fix.

Saying "Losing weight the slow/healthy way won't work for me" is fine, but it pretty much rules out long-term maintenance. As you continue to yo-yo, your metabolism will continue to slow, and each subsequent attempt will be more difficult.

There is nothing about grapefruit or the combination of specified foods that will make you lose weight. The weight you lose will be water, and some amount of fat because you are consuming fewer calories...that's it.

If you are interested in losing weight and keeping it off, you need to find a plan that you can do forever...not just until you reach your goal.
Agree 100 %.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #6  

The grapefruit diet has been around for many years, as long as I can remember. It's like any other fad diet, you'll drastically reduce your calories for a short period of time, eventually binge, and regain. There's nothing magical about grapefruit that causes you to lose.
I know you want to lose quickly, I think we all understand and relate to that, but fad diets won't do it for you. You are thinking in terms of short term goals and not a life style change. This has to be about changing your entire lifestyle or you'll eventually fail.
You CAN do this, and you CAN make lifestyle changes. Whether you decide to cut calories, cut carbs, or both, you have all the tools you need to be successful and lots of support right here. We're all here to help you succeed, but you have to be committed to making this a forever change.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #7  

thanks so much everyone i still want to give this a try because i feel that i need some sort of schedual and order in my life, but i will give this a 12 day trial and if i dont loose the weight intended then i will have to begin a new style, and give slow dieting another try.