General chatter - 4th Of July Plans?

View Full Version : 4th Of July Plans?

EZMONEY
07-02-2010, 09:33 PM
So what is everyone doing for Independence Day here in the good 'ol USA?

Angie and I will be in a local parade tomorrow with our golden retrievers :) We will wear red/white/blue of course...the mutts may hate the leis Angie got them :D We will walk with the meet and greet golden retriever group in our area.

In the afternoon we will have at least 20 here for a bbq of carne asada and hot dogs (leftover from camping a couple of weeks ago)...plenty of side dishes.

We will also continue a long running shuffleboard tournament we have all year round for our parties. It is a BIG DEAL to win the family trophy and add something to it :)

Our big party Saturday allows the kids to go to the beach and hang out with their friends or whatever they wish to do with their spouses on the 4th this year.

Which leaves Angie and I free for the 4th! :carrot:

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

mandalinn82
07-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Having a few friends over for a healthy-ish cookout. BBQ chicken and ribs (my wife makes AMAZING ribs...seriously), a big fruit salad, an orzo salad, greens with heirloom tomatoes, basil, and homemade mozzarella, perhaps a Rock Band game or two.

Oh, and perhaps some safe and sane fireworks in the backyard (it's legal here, and the fire extinguisher is standing by...but its not the 4th for some of my boys without some explosions).

Clydegirl
07-03-2010, 12:41 AM
We're going to the Cards game tomorrow.

Sunday, our town, has an old fashioned 4th of July celebration. Big fireworks display. Lots of games, softball tournament, air force band will play in the evening.

Some good eating.

cbmare
07-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Neighborhood block party. We will put a pork shoulder and a pork butt on the smoker early tomorrow morning.

Our city has a free fireworks display and we can see it from the deadend where we have the food. It's a great time to meet the new neighbors, too.