Atkins - Never Tried Atkins

View Full Version : Never Tried Atkins

Jacque
07-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi All!

I've been a 3FC member for a long time. I lost 50 pounds (Calorie Counting) a few years back, but in the past six months I've gained it all back. (It's been a long, drama packed, life changing six months.)

At the suggestion of my therapist and after discussion with my Doctor, I've decided to give Atkins a try.

I have a major food addiction problem, and carbs appear to be a huge trigger for me, so I'm hoping after 2 weeks of induction and slowly adding them back in I can learn to manage my addiction.

I just wanted to introduce myself here, since you will probably (hopefully) be seeing a lot of me in the next few weeks and months!

JerseyGyrl
07-03-2010, 07:36 AM
:welcome2: to Atkins Jacque!
Its a great plan, I've been doing it for a little over 6 years now:)
Have you read the book?

Torister
07-03-2010, 08:03 AM
:welcome2:

Once you make Atkins a way of eating...it is really easy to follow. As someone who is triggered by carbs...I understand how hard it is to lose weight and deal with them. I have never been able to keep the weight off. Atkins is different.

I highly recommend reading the book and following Induction to a "T" and you will be well on your way!! :)

Jacque
07-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Which book? :lol:

I'm almost finished reading New Atkins for a New You (http://www.amazon.com/New-Atkins-You-Ultimate-Shedding/dp/1439190275/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278166484&sr=8-1) - because it was recommended to me by someone on another message board. (A mommy site.) But if there's a better one to read, I can head to the library ASAP too!

JerseyGyrl
07-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Which book? :lol:

I'm almost finished reading New Atkins for a New You (http://www.amazon.com/New-Atkins-You-Ultimate-Shedding/dp/1439190275/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278166484&sr=8-1) - because it was recommended to me by someone on another message board. (A mommy site.) But if there's a better one to read, I can head to the library ASAP too!

My personal recommendation would be Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 & prior editions.

Jacque
07-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks! I just put that on "hold" at the local library. Hopefully I can run in and pick it up ASAP!

Torister
07-06-2010, 02:44 PM
My personal recommendation would be Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 & prior editions.

^^^^^^^^^Ditto!!!

sarahinparis
07-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Personally I think the New Atkins for A New You is a good book.

For years I read all the articles about "food addiction" and "emotional eating" and "bingeing" and always wondered how much that might apply to me because of course I had moments when it seemed like it did. Then I started eating low carb (20-30 grams per day) and suddenly I realized it was a carb intolerance problem, not an emotional one, or a self-control one, but rather a real biological one that is easily managed by keeping carbs out of my diet. Knowing that also helps me stay the course on this way of eating, because I know how it affect my mood, hunger, etc -- more than just the scale.

Hope you find the same to be true!

hairchick40v
07-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Sarahinparis... Me too!!! I thought I was never gonna be able to control myself, and that I was destined to be fat forever!! Nope, it was the carbs!! I don't crave food anymore, now I do get hungry, you know that feelins is different, than I JUST WANT TO EAT!!! I love this way of eating!!

sarahinparis
07-12-2010, 07:16 AM
I think it's this change in hunger & desire to eat & feeling like I need to be constantly controlling myself which has disappeared w carb restriction that keeps me choosing to eat this way. It's just so much easier to not have to worry about the hunger monster or temptations now.