Weight Loss Support - Time to re-evaluate my eating habits & calorie intake

yhahmd
07-02-2010, 07:30 PM
So I've been eating 1477 calories to lose 4lb in 2 weeks. I started on the 8th of June. Since then I've lost 15lbs. Should I stay at 1477 until I reach a plataeu, then try cycling calories? I've been curious to try it anyway, but don't want to mess up any progress I've been making.

The thing is, I don't think I eat very healthy, and yet I'm losing.

Like yesterday I ate:
B: a glass of milk, 5 crackers with slim slices of cheese on them

L: veggie wrap. tortilla shell, caesar dressing, carrots, broccoli, parmesean cheese. and then I had some popcorn.

D: sloppy joe. then later for a snack I had more popcorn.

Today so far I've had:

B: a glass of milk, and a hotdog (hebrew national), bun included.

L: veggie wrap, same as above.

D: haven't eaten yet, but I think we're having steak, and corn/other.

I don't think I need to eat more, because I'm never really hungry, but am I really eating "healthy"? we only have $300 this month for food, so sometimes I just have to make due with what's here. I try to have big helpings of vegetables at least 3 times a week, because until our garden takes off, it's just not possible for me to eat them every single day. But I also try to make sure I get protein and stuff, I usually have eggs for breakfast but was in a hotdog mood, and I try to have a glass of milk 2-3 times a week.

Leonor
07-02-2010, 07:37 PM
. Looks like you found your ideal calorie intake that allows you to lose without starving. I call that a god send ;) And your diet doesn't sound particularly unhealthy. Healthy isn't equal to eating raw carrots all day.

yhahmd
07-02-2010, 07:40 PM
. Looks like you found your ideal calorie intake that allows you to lose without starving. I call that a god send ;) And your diet doesn't sound particularly unhealthy. Healthy isn't equal to eating raw carrots all day.

I guess I just feel like I'm going about it wrong. Everyone keeps telling me I need to eat more- but why? I actually eat a lot, and I usually feel pretty full. I exercise when I get the "I'm bored, where's food" cravings, too. I guess I'm just thinking... "wow, this is really happening! ... Okay, so where's the part where I crash and burn?"

Onederchic
07-02-2010, 07:46 PM
I feel this way about it - If you are eating whatever calorie amount and you are getting nutrients and going about it in a healthy manner and not going around hungry then I feel it can't be a bad thing, whether you are eating 1100 calories a day or 1800. If you are losing then I say why fix what ain't broke?

Shmead
07-02-2010, 08:09 PM
When I am at the "sweet spot"--a nice, moderate deficit--it really is amazingly easy to stay there.