Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Exclamation Never been able to find clothes- HELP!

I'm 4'9'', 170lb, working toward 140 and maybe even lower.

I have NEVER been able to find clothes that fit me. The jeans are always too long, as are the capris. The shorts end up being capris for me, but because they're actually shorts, they never fit snugly around my calves and define my legs. My pants swallow me whole.

I've looked all over online, does anyone know of anywhere I can find clothes, specifically PANTS for someone my height? I really want to show my legs off when I reach my goal and start maintaining, without looking like an 11 year old (my cousin was taller than me at 13 yrs old.)

Any advice or suggestions? I want to look like an adult. I want to look classy, sexy, confident, intelligent- not like I just spent 2 hours at Baby Gap.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

This link gives some good ideas. I am 5'3" and I have always had trouble finding clothing to fit me correctly.....fat or not. Maybe find a good tailor? I know that can get pricey, but they will make your clothing look really good.

http://petite.about.com/od/shopping/...hort-Pants.htm

P.S. None of the links work, , but you can Google the companies or do your own search for extra short petites pants.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 07-02-2010 at 04:31 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I completely agree with Annie. I found a great and inexpensive tailor on my local craigslist - that may be a place to start for you too.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My sister is 5'1" and she buys everything in "petite" size when she can and gets her clothes altered. usually pants and dresses. A lot of dry cleaners have cheap tailors. I think my sister spends anywhere from a few dollars on a pair of jeans up to like $20 on a nice dress to have it shortened.

I think department stores are the places where I most often see Petite sized clothing.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #5  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I've been shopping at Nordstrom's. Pricey, but not super-expensive like Saks or Neiman Marcus. And, the alterations are free. I work with one sales lady, one who specializes in personal shopping, and she is very determined to make me happy and that includes making suggestions like --"this will work for you if we put shoulder pads in" or "this is your pants size, we'll just need to shorten them." She's also very good with those kinds of subjective things like "I want to look like an adult."
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

I'll look into all of these suggestions, guys, thanks! Now if I could only find adult-looking shoes in my size... lol

Last edited by yhahmd; 07-02-2010 at 08:00 PM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote