Weight Loss Support - A little bit of incentive...

View Full Version : A little bit of incentive...

Sailorglitter
07-02-2010, 10:30 AM
So I have now been walking every morning for a mile, and I am slowly pulling myself away from my bad eating habits. I thought just starting to eat completely different all of a sudden would be hard. So anyway, feeling really good about myself, I walked to subway from work yesterday (only about a half mile walk) but I have to walk by Party City on the way, and I know someone who works there. Well when I walked by this person came out and was asking me when I was due....she thought I was pregnant! :( I always knew I had a pooch but I didn't know I looked pregnant...it's just more incentive for me...but I have to admit at first I wanted to skip subway and go to burger king for two whoppers, but I didn't :smug:

gardenerjoy
07-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Ouch! That sucks. Good for you for sticking to your plan! It's a major accomplishment when you realize that food isn't going to fix your problems.

fivestone
07-02-2010, 10:52 AM
I seriously don't get why people feel the need to ask if someone's pregnant. Unless the person has told you for sure that they are pregnant, seriously, why can't people just keep quiet?

Anyway, good for you for not letting the hurt push you off plan, but instead, using it for motivation!

LotusMama
07-02-2010, 01:46 PM
I seriously don't get why people feel the need to ask if someone's pregnant. Unless the person has told you for sure that they are pregnant, seriously, why can't people just keep quiet?

I totally agree.

Good for you for not letting an ignorant question derail your progress. Keep your head up and keep doing what you are doing!

Cheers,

J

OrganizedChaos
07-02-2010, 02:38 PM
You just made it through what could have been a very painful situation and turned it into a positive for yourself. Congratulations on staying on track!

parkedout
07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Ouch!

But I love your attitude about it. Turning a negative into a positive. :hug:

Sailorglitter
07-02-2010, 05:13 PM
thanks everyone, hoping I can keep my attitude positive, just did another mile walk, I do believe I CAN do this weight loss thing...;)

yhahmd
07-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Are you measuring yourself? I've never tried that method before, but this time I gave it a try, and I was really happy and surprised, even when the scale wasn't moving much. It kept me happy and motivated.

I remember just the other day I tried on a pair of 20s (I used to wear 22s) and I was like, "holy ****, that's where my waist is!?" My pants had always rested on my HUGE, wide hips, so it was shocking to see the wasitband actually AROUND my waist lol.

Sailorglitter
07-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Well I have only starting working out and eating better for a week now, think I will give myself a month before I start checking...I might get depressed if I don't see any results...going to try to do 2 miles in the morning!:smug: