Weight Loss Support - Staying on course when major stressors arise?

bonnie2009
07-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Since April 19th I have been eating healthier but I have "fallen off the wagon" so to speak several times but have not given up. I've had some major stressors in the last 4-5 weeks. There has been 2 deaths, family sickness and major dislike with my job. I know life throws all this at you and more but how do you keep on track. I want to keep on track but food is a major stress reliever for me which I know is just pretty much like using drugs or alcohol, so I know it makes no since to overeat/binge but when I have pretty major stress that is what I turn to.

I guess my question is when a major stressor comes up in your life what in your mind triggers you to stay on track.? I guess I am looking for a magic bullet that will keep me from turning to food turning these stressful times but any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks Alot,

Bonnie :)

sweetnlow28
07-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Sorry to hear about the stress :hug:
For myself, most of my diet has been done while going through an extremely trying time with my son (severe anxiety disorder, homeschooling and much more). I was able to stay on track because when everything crazy was happening around me, my diet and exercise routine were the only normal thing I could reply on. It really kept me sane and grounded because it was the only stable thing happening at the time. I turned it into a comfort of sorts. I don't know if that is helpful to you or not but it got me through some pretty bad times ;)

Heather
07-02-2010, 09:02 AM
My husband tends not to eat when stressed and I'm the opposite. I turn to food -- often a lot!

I don't know that I have a magic bullet, but I do know that when I can make myself exercise, I feel both less stressed, and less guilt, as I haven't overeaten!