Metabolic Research Center - July Thread

View Full Version : July Thread

wendinnc
07-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Welcome to July everyone!! :)

wendinnc
07-01-2010, 05:54 PM
At w/i today I was down 1.5 pounds which pleased me a great deal since I have been at almost a standstill for the past week and a half. My total lost is 16 pounds! :)
I am headed to the beach tomorrow for a long weekend and have made a list of everything I will have at mealtimes. I am truly prepared and am going to pack up everything tonight. We are going out to eat only once.... I haven't yet gone out since being on this program..... and although I know I will be VERY tempted to have something off program I am going to try my darndest to stick to plan.
I hope you all have a great holiday weekend. Let's make July a month of huge success shall we?

skinnysissa
07-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Yes! July is here, and that means that my end date is NEAR!!! I have to put it in high gear and STAY FOCUSED!!! My goals for July are:

- Stay OP and resist CHEATING!! It seems like every week I have a good loss, my body tries to gain it back by craving everything!
- EXERCISE!!! I was doing really good...and then it got hot, and I got Lazy~!
- WATER, Water, water
- NO EXCUSES!!

Keep it up my 3FC friends!! Have a great holiday weekend :)

MEEZOOGIRL
07-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Happy July everyone... I'm going to WI today. So far according to my scale, I'm still sticking at my Plateau.. I'm determined to make July a sucess.. June was somewhat of a waste.. Tired of being at the same spot.. I haven't been 100% this week because I've been frustrated... Time to get back to basics... and DO the program...

Good Luck!! Happy 4th Everyone!!!:goodluck:

SandyKC0SWJ
07-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Weighed in today and lost 3 more lbs for a total of 26 in 48 days OP. Another 'Happy Dance'!! :dance:

ladystarrider
07-02-2010, 02:26 PM
I had a great weigh in - lost two and a half pounds! I've been having intestinal issues for several weeks due to new medication for migraine prevention. I asked the counselor about taking a probiotic such as Yakult. Naturally she sold me the MRC Internal Cleanser Compound, telling me it was a probiotic. I'm sorry, but now I'm at home looking at the label and nothing could be further from the truth. The ingredient list is as as follows: Micro Crystalline Cellulose (fiber, right?), Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose sodium (to assist the tablet in disintegrating in the intestinal tract at the required location), Magnesium Stearate (magnesium stearate is the most commonly used lubricant for tablets); Silicon Dioxide (not sure why, very commonly added to pharmaceuticals, and it occurs naturally in lots of foods). The last four ingredients have to do with how the tablet functions once you swallow it. So if all this is is fiber, it seems very expensive at $13.00 for the bottle for 90 capsules! I have not opened the bottle, and I plan to take it back and speak to the manager. If they won't exchange it, too bad, so sad. I guess I'll absorb the loss, but I would warn anyone out there to read the labels before you hand over your money!:mad:

Goose
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I had a great weigh in - lost two and a half pounds! I've been having intestinal issues for several weeks due to new medication for migraine prevention. I asked the counselor about taking a probiotic such as Yakult. Naturally she sold me the MRC Internal Cleanser Compound, telling me it was a probiotic. I'm sorry, but now I'm at home looking at the label and nothing could be further from the truth. The ingredient list is as as follows: Micro Crystalline Cellulose (fiber, right?), Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose sodium (to assist the tablet in disintegrating in the intestinal tract at the required location), Magnesium Stearate (magnesium stearate is the most commonly used lubricant for tablets); Silicon Dioxide (not sure why, very commonly added to pharmaceuticals, and it occurs naturally in lots of foods). The last four ingredients have to do with how the tablet functions once you swallow it. So if all this is is fiber, it seems very expensive at $13.00 for the bottle for 90 capsules! I have not opened the bottle, and I plan to take it back and speak to the manager. If they won't exchange it, too bad, so sad. I guess I'll absorb the loss, but I would warn anyone out there to read the labels before you hand over your money!:mad:

That is a very important point you made, Ladystarrider! MRC consultants are trained to sell the company's products. I never went into my center with an issue about anything that they didn't recommend one of their products to solve my "problem". Buyer beware. This program can be done very successfully with minimal pills. Unfortunately, when I went in feeling vulnerable because I hadn't lost weight despite staying on plan it was hard not to fall for the sales pitch. I learned this lesson the hard way after spending money on pills that I really didn't need to be successful.

Junie04
07-02-2010, 04:59 PM
At w/i today I was down 1.5 pounds which pleased me a great deal since I have been at almost a standstill for the past week and a half. My total lost is 16 pounds! :)
I am headed to the beach tomorrow for a long weekend and have made a list of everything I will have at mealtimes. I am truly prepared and am going to pack up everything tonight. We are going out to eat only once.... I haven't yet gone out since being on this program..... and although I know I will be VERY tempted to have something off program I am going to try my darndest to stick to plan.
I hope you all have a great holiday weekend. Let's make July a month of huge success shall we?

Great job Wendi!! I am glad the scale is starting to go back down.

Have fun on your beach trip. I hope to have a good loss next week. Maybe I'll be able to get more activity into the long weekend (depending on the weather).

Everyone have a great weekend!

GoalAug2010
07-02-2010, 10:57 PM
MRC consultants are trained to sell the company's products.

I'll second that! Yesterday I went in and a new girl met with me and asked if i'd heard about the new 'program' (which i won't mention because we're not allowed to talk about it on this forum). So I asked "Can you give me any scientific evidence behind the program" and she replied "oh well it's based on a 50 year old idea by Dr. blah blah." and I reply "right, but all the studies show it makes no difference aside from the 5 0 0 calorie diet which of course makes a difference, do you guys have any studies or documentation?". Her reply, "well it's been around for 50 years..."

So right then, I lost a lot more respect for MRC. I wanted this program to be something I could recommend to people, but all the bogus smoke and mirrors makes me really mad that they're just taking advantage of us. Anyhow, I'll stick with the program because the food plan makes sense and when i'm done, i'll be done, but I'm not buying another bottle of pills now that my trust is gone.

Goose
07-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I'll second that! Yesterday I went in and a new girl met with me and asked if i'd heard about the new 'program' (which i won't mention because we're not allowed to talk about it on this forum). So I asked "Can you give me any scientific evidence behind the program" and she replied "oh well it's based on a 50 year old idea by Dr. blah blah." and I reply "right, but all the studies show it makes no difference aside from the 5 0 0 calorie diet which of course makes a difference, do you guys have any studies or documentation?". Her reply, "well it's been around for 50 years..."

So right then, I lost a lot more respect for MRC. I wanted this program to be something I could recommend to people, but all the bogus smoke and mirrors makes me really mad that they're just taking advantage of us. Anyhow, I'll stick with the program because the food plan makes sense and when i'm done, i'll be done, but I'm not buying another bottle of pills now that my trust is gone.

They weren't doing that specific program at my center when I used to go there, but I can relate to your discomfort after realizing they don't always have the info on the products they sell. There was more than once that I asked specifics about pills they were trying to sell me and they just kind of glossed over it, not really giving any specifics as to why or how the product worked. When I began buying my own vitamins and EFA instead of theirs, the reaction from the manager was less than pleasant. She basically told me that I would NOT lose as fast because I wasn't using their product. Staying firm and just saying no (LOL) to the extra pills was something I had to learn to do because they can be very persuasive. You are right; the best thing they have is the food plan!

thinknthin
07-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Help! I am on "vacation" for about a week longer than expected. I've went off program for about four days and it appears that I have gained about four pounds. I didn't take any HNS's while I was off program thinking that I would need them for the extended stay.
I know that I can now be OP and I started the day with the menu and the HNS and water. I plan on exercising more and staying with this plan. Is this the right approach?

hatethesweatpants
07-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Help! I am on "vacation" for about a week longer than expected. I've went off program for about four days and it appears that I have gained about four pounds. I didn't take any HNS's while I was off program thinking that I would need them for the extended stay.
I know that I can now be OP and I started the day with the menu and the HNS and water. I plan on exercising more and staying with this plan. Is this the right approach?

Yes, always just get right back on track. Your gain is probably water from the carbs and I'm guessing you're out of ketosis. Usually, actual "fat gain" happens a week or so later. So, if you get right back to it and get back into ketosis, you may come out with a break even scenario; hopefully even a little loss.
Good luck!

ladystarrider
07-03-2010, 03:09 PM
So while I'm under contract with MRC, am I obligated to purchase any products from them at all? I know I am required to take EFA and the multivitamin, but beyond that I have been buying my HNS through Diet Direct. I've gotten my protein bars and shakes at the center, but I'm thinking I may forgo the the Cortitrim and the MRC6 when I run out and just see what happens to my rate of loss. I've decided there is no magic to weight loss, just the accountability and continuing to take in fewer overall calories than are expended every day, day in and day out. I will probably re-up at the end of my contract next month, just so I can proceed into the stabilization and maintenance after having spent this much money (when I do reach my goal). I do get a little discouraged at all the hype and all supplements and protein drinks and extra stuff. After all, it isn't natural to eat this way! I am very happy with my loss so far....

dkmd27
07-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm getting rid of all of my HNS (from DietDirect), if you live in N Colo and are interested, contact me privately. Concentrates, bars, puddings, fiber drinks.

GoalAug2010
07-04-2010, 12:53 AM
Well today was a really exciting milestone. I went to the store to buy some new pants now that it's summer, I was still wearing 16's for my capri's but I'm in 14's for my jeans. So i tried several pairs of summery pants and bought 12's!!! I'm so excited, I thought that my goal weight I'd be in 10's but now it's looking like I could be in 8's by the end of the summer. Woohoo!

The semi-bad news, I'm 18 lbs from goal but I think i'm going to edit my goal and go for 145. Which looks like it will take about 3 months to get there from now given I average 10lbs a month. Oh well, another 3 months won't kill me, it will just make real normal meals taste all that much better. I'm so looking forward to ordering an entree without having to suffer so much about making sure it doesn't have carrots etc in it.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend!

thinknthin
07-04-2010, 08:00 AM
That is wonderful news about your shopping trip! Doesn't it feel great to try on clothes and feeling great about the size! It makes all the work and sacrifice worthwhile. Super! And, now you're a source of inspiration to us all!

tmarshall
07-04-2010, 11:49 AM
WI, today, down 20lbs, doing this on my own, with the help from all of you guys, went to an initial consult, but could not afford the 368.00, a friend told me about 3fatchicks, and it has been a success since then. Found ways to get the added protein, from Walmart has been working well. Prep was started June 10th, and OP started the 19th, I have not went off plan, and enjoy trying out new things for supper, who knew that yellow squash, coated with Mrs. Dash herb and garlic, and saute in the frying pan, was so gooooood.
Thanks, for all your support and guidence along the way. Whooooo Hoooooo, 20lbs!!!!

hatethesweatpants
07-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks, for all your support and guidence along the way. Whooooo Hoooooo, 20lbs!!!!

:carrot::carrot: FANTASTIC! Way to go!!!!! :carrot::carrot:

joanie830
07-04-2010, 04:04 PM
I finally hit 21 pounds yesterday. I had been stalled at 19.5 for a week!! Yay! I'm going to start Meta-Quick on Tuesday. I have gotten a little lazy lately. Ready to get back into the burn.

dmscrap
07-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks, for all your support and guidence along the way. Whooooo Hoooooo, 20lbs!!!![/QUOTE]

TMarshall!!!!! That is GREAT!!!!! Congrats! keep up the great work. I went off plan today... ugh... the Mexican food got me.... sucking down the water now! lol

Have a great week everyone!

shannysmomma
07-05-2010, 09:57 PM
I started MRC May 7th, 2010. I am down 37.5 pounds & 31.5 inches so far. I'm glad I found this site because I have learned a lot from all your posts. Like you all I am finding it harder & harder to buy all those vitamins. Well, with the posts I found tonight I found out that I can buy most of the same supplements for soooo much cheaper at a site called puritan pride. I also found out that I could spend less on the HNS at a site called bariatric food source. I so want to finally lose, but its so hard for fork over all that money. At my center I do have some consultants that push products, but then there are some that are very good about not being pushy. Like that "new" program we don't talk about....I was pushed by one...didn't do it...then two other consultants said that I am averaging about a 6 pound loss anyways and they don't think I need to do it. That made me feel good because there actually are people there that don't push sales!!!
Anyways, I'm so glad I found something that I like & is working for me. There is a light at the end of the tunnel even if it is a little further than I wanted. Good luck, good job & have a great day to y'all.

guinevere75
07-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi All - my father in law died on Jun 23, so the last few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster. My hubby is an only child, so we spent the last week and a half w/his mom in another state getting her situated for a new life without her mate of 43 years. So sad. I did weigh in right before we left that state on Jun 24, and I go today for my first weigh in since we got back to TX. I feel like I did really well considering the circumstances, and I am hoping to have lost a couple of pounds. Prior to leaving, we did my measurements and I was down 7.5 inches - so lots of good things going on even during times of sadness. Love all the posts here on the forum - you people totally rock. :)

dkmd27
07-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi All - my father in law died on Jun 23, so the last few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster. My hubby is an only child, so we spent the last week and a half w/his mom in another state getting her situated for a new life without her mate of 43 years. So sad. I did weigh in right before we left that state on Jun 24, and I go today for my first weigh in since we got back to TX. I feel like I did really well considering the circumstances, and I am hoping to have lost a couple of pounds. Prior to leaving, we did my measurements and I was down 7.5 inches - so lots of good things going on even during times of sadness. Love all the posts here on the forum - you people totally rock. :)

I'm so sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences.

I think it's awesome that in the midst of all of this, you were able to hold your own with your program! Congratulations on that!

wendinnc
07-06-2010, 03:49 PM

I know that I certainly am prone to look to food for comfort so I commend you for sticking with the program in your time of stress and sadness. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.

wendinnc
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. I succeeded in sticking with the program and was very happy when I went to weigh-in today and lost 2 pounds. I am down 18 pounds now which is very close to 20 pounds lost! :)

I also changed my goal weight to 148 pounds and was gifted an extra 3 weeks from the owner so I think I may actually have a chance of reaching my goal. (I have one week left of my program that I purchased initially plus the stabilization and the maintenance. so... I now have a total of 4 weeks left to lose ) They told me that once I got down to 151 pounds I would start stabilization and would lose the extra 3 pounds during that time. I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel now. :)

philly14mom
07-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Hello to everyone! I have been reading through this forum over the weekend. I went to my consultation today. I am going to join Friday and start pre-conditioning Saturday. I feel so hyped about doing this. I need to lose 69 lbs or so.

GoalAug2010
07-06-2010, 08:37 PM
I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. I succeeded in sticking with the program and was very happy when I went to weigh-in today and lost 2 pounds. I am down 18 pounds now which is very close to 20 pounds lost! :)

I also changed my goal weight to 148 pounds and was gifted an extra 3 weeks from the owner so I think I may actually have a chance of reaching my goal. (I have one week left of my program that I purchased initially plus the stabilization and the maintenance. so... I now have a total of 4 weeks left to lose ) They told me that once I got down to 151 pounds I would start stabilization and would lose the extra 3 pounds during that time. I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel now. :)

Hey wendinnc, congrats on another 2 lbs. It looks like we're the same height and right now my goal weight is 162 but i'm thinking i'll probably want to go another 10-15 lbs. Why did you decide to do this? Where do you think you'll see the most difference between 148 and your original goal. The idea of having a goal at 150 is very ethereal to me, it's hard to imagine what the difference will be than at 160 so I'm not sure if I want to keep going or not. I'd love to know your thoughts.

Thanks!

guinevere75
07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks so much for the support everyone - I'm pleased to say that I was down even more than I thought I would be today at my weigh-in - 3.5 lbs! :) I definitely could have used this sad time as an excuse to overindulge, but if anything, I found it to be an opportunity to really focus on why I need to stay on plan - my father in law was only 68 - just too young to leave us. I plan to be around much longer - I've got a beautiful son who one day will have a beautiful family in need of a devoted grandma - I want to make sure I'm there to play the part. :) Being committed to my weight loss will only help that along!! Hang in for July everyone - YOU CAN DO IT.

Gma to 4
07-06-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm getting rid of all of my HNS (from DietDirect), if you live in N Colo and are interested, contact me privately. Concentrates, bars, puddings, fiber drinks.

I haven't been on this thread for almost 2 years, so can't remember how to reply. Got through a few months of maintenance, then tanked. Slowly put back on half of what I had previously lost, so want to try again without signing up for MRC. I sent you a PM about your surplus drinks.

MEEZOOGIRL
07-08-2010, 01:27 PM
As most of you know I've been struggling the last few months.. I went in and talked to my Center last week for advice. The consultant told me to start over again.. So I did 2 days of preconditioning, and then started the menu on Monday. Went to WI today and FINALLY broke my plateau.. I was down 5... :hat:Yep 5.. Lbs.. :cloud9:I wasn't expecting that.. I'd been stuck for so long, I just knew I wasn't going to loose..

This makes me remember that this diet works if you stick to it.. Plateau's suck.. but apparently our bodies need them.. I'm proof that eventually you will break it..

I can finally change my ticker now.. LOL..

dkmd27
07-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Yay Meezoo!!

Junie04
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=MEEZOOGIRL;3376931]As most of you know I've been struggling the last few months.. I went in and talked to my Center last week for advice. The consultant told me to start over again.. So I did 2 days of preconditioning, and then started the menu on Monday. Went to WI today and FINALLY broke my plateau.. I was down 5... :hat:Yep 5.. Lbs.. :cloud9:I wasn't expecting that.. I'd been stuck for so long, I just knew I wasn't going to loose..
QUOTE]

That is so great! Congratulations!

guinevere75
07-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Awesome Meezoo!! AWESOME for you!

wendinnc
07-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Meezo.... I think that fresh start was just what you needed. :) Way to go!!

TeresaG
07-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Hi everyone. I see some old familiar faces but see quite a few new ones as well. I have been mia for far too long. I ended up having company for a month, which was great and although I did ok during that time with just watching what I ate it has proven to be a lot harder to get back op and stay there. With school, work and everything else, I just put taking care of myself on the back burner.

I have gained back about 10 pounds over these last 3 months but right now am feeling pretty good. I have managed to stay op, timing all meals, hns and everything like I should have been doing all along for this week. It's really amazing how I'm realizing how awful I truly felt while not eating properly. I decided I wasn't going to beat myself up anymore over gaining those 10 pounds but try to really learn from the way I've been handling things during that time.

August is the latest I can order my wedding dress and I so desperately want to be as close to my goal as possible. I'm asking, no begging for everyone's help to get there. I promise I will be back here everyday offering what I can to others and I know that just being here will help give me support when I need it too.

Thanks to all and great job to everyone who is on this journey. Meezoo, congrats for conquering that plateau! I look forward to getting to know everyone!

reuselady
07-08-2010, 08:33 PM
. . .I haven't really been feeling too great about my weight loss. The 1.6 today seemed low. My clothes are getting baggy, but I'm not quite in the previous size. It's frustrating to be in this limbo clothing stage! . . .
Hey Junie04 - I know we have moody low days and I hope you are feeling much more positive today. A weight loss of 1.6 lbs may have seemed low that day but think back in your life - when have you ever had a consistent weight loss like the MRC program has allowed you? I too got discouraged at .5 lb losses twice a week until I realized, prior to MRC, it was always weight GAINS! Keep up the good work - you may already be in that next lower clothing size by now!

handksmom
07-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Weighed in Tuesday and was down another 3 pounds for a total of 22 1/2 pounds and 27 inches lost in 2 months!! I've lost two pants sizes. Go me!!

MEEZOOGIRL
07-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks Everyone.. It feels so great to see a new number.. Way to go Handksmom.. Don't you love going down in sizes??

Great to see you Teresa... I've can relate to your struggle. I went on vacation, and it took me a month to get back on program. I'm not so sure why it was hard.. Then once I got back on it, I was stuck for about a month at the same weight.. Being on program.. I went to my center, and they told me to just restart.. Try preconditioning for a few days, then start the menu again. It really worked.. I was surprised.. Good Luck... We are all here for you..

aprilw94
07-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone, I was op through a center in Kansas city about 3.5 years ago. I had amazing success losing 74lbs in my 24 week program time. I love the mrc plan! My husband and I had some major life changing obstacles occur including moving away and losing my support from a center because we don't have mrc where I'm at. Over the last 3years I have watched all but 11lbs creep back on, and yes I watched every lb come back on! As many of you have said (and I knew at the time but didn't care) you have to make it your lifestyle no matter your circumstances! I have done a lot of soul searching because I am tired of struggling with my weight. For me it's almost like being an alcoholic but with food. When I am stressed I would find myself almost binging because it comforted me. Unfortunately unlike an alcoholic I can not just cut food out of my life so I have decided to control food instead of letting the food control me. 3 months ago I started eating better and exercising and managed to loose about 24 lbs when I decided to find all the drinks and supplements on my own to do this program again, this program fits my life well and is very realistic for me. I have been back op for 2 weeks and have lost 12 lbs. I am planning to be very involved on this site and use it as my "center". All of you are very inspiring and can't wait to get to know you all (I do recognize a few names from my first journey who are also back)

melNco
07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Weighed in Tuesday and was down another 3 pounds for a total of 22 1/2 pounds and 27 inches lost in 2 months!! I've lost two pants sizes. Go me!!

congrats :):) and waving at a fellow nortern colorado'r :)

And

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy Meezo!! that's great :)

melNco
07-09-2010, 11:23 AM
well... after struggling to get back on plan after being off plan for a little over a month (vaca, resistence,etc)..I am proud to say this week I have been OP and feel good! Going off plan and getting back was EXTREMELY difficult ...I think even harder than getting on it the 1st time. I am going to go WI tomorrow and fight hard to stay OP this weekend :)

Junie04
07-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey Junie04 - I know we have moody low days and I hope you are feeling much more positive today. A weight loss of 1.6 lbs may have seemed low that day but think back in your life - when have you ever had a consistent weight loss like the MRC program has allowed you? I too got discouraged at .5 lb losses twice a week until I realized, prior to MRC, it was always weight GAINS! Keep up the good work - you may already be in that next lower clothing size by now!

You are definitely right. I guess I should have been happy with my 1.6 and I will try not to think negatively again when I see a loss. It was just going so well, losing an average of 2.5 a week. I could handle that. Now that it has slowed, it is a little discouraging. I just want to be able to fit in smaller pants! LOL

Thanks for the support and I hope by next week I can come back with a brighter outlook and a bigger weight loss!

wendinnc
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Well at w/i today I stayed the same. I am not upset about it, but I really did expect a loss. Now I am just hoping that Monday's w/i will be a decent loss. Hope everyone has a great weekend. :)

skinnysissa
07-10-2010, 12:38 AM
As most of you know I've been struggling the last few months.. I went in and talked to my Center last week for advice. The consultant told me to start over again.. So I did 2 days of preconditioning, and then started the menu on Monday. Went to WI today and FINALLY broke my plateau.. I was down 5... :hat:Yep 5.. Lbs.. :cloud9:I wasn't expecting that.. I'd been stuck for so long, I just knew I wasn't going to loose..

This makes me remember that this diet works if you stick to it.. Plateau's suck.. but apparently our bodies need them.. I'm proof that eventually you will break it..

I can finally change my ticker now.. LOL..

YEAH!!! Congrats on busting thru that plateau!! Keep on going...and don't give up!!

skinnysissa
07-10-2010, 12:45 AM
WI yesterday and I'm down 45lbs!! WOOHOO!! My goal is to really bust it and loose 5lbs by next thurs. So...we'll see! I've been staying positive, and keeping away from the pantry. Its the devil...stuff that I never ate looks so appealing now!! I've learned to not even go in the kitchen unless its a meal time. Then I won't be tempted as much, since I've already planned out my meals for the day. Good luck everyone!

tmarshall
07-10-2010, 04:34 PM
WI today, down 23 lbs, in 5 weeks, have not went off program at all, I keep expecting for the scale to quit moving. I'm doing this on my own, with the help from the friends on here, but I need some help, can any one post the nutritional content of one of the meal replacement bars so I can look for something simular, that I don't have to buy on line. Thanks everyone for all the encouragement and support!

thinknthin
07-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I went to face the music today at the center after being off program for about 2 weeks. I've gained four pounds which is pretty sad since before I went away on "vacation" I had just signed the 50 pound board.
At the center, she suggested that I try the Meta-Slim days 1-4 (yellow menu) and then the 5-10 (blue menu). Looking at the menu it really looks restrictive, especially the yellow menu. I'm not sure if I going to try it tomorrow or Monday. I've really cut back on my eating and have kind of, sort of, done pre-conditioning.
I do feel better now that I am more focused. It seems like when I'm home, I'm in my comfort zone for eating. Meals can be bought and planned. It was that extended time away that hurt me. I think that it started with the ten hour road trip that I took alone. I tried not to have caffenine but that wasn't going to happen.
Ok, it's only four days of restrictive eating. That might start to make a dent in the excessive pounds.

hatethesweatpants
07-10-2010, 11:06 PM
WI today, down 23 lbs, in 5 weeks, have not went off program at all, I keep expecting for the scale to quit moving. I'm doing this on my own, with the help from the friends on here, but I need some help, can any one post the nutritional content of one of the meal replacement bars so I can look for something simular, that I don't have to buy on line. Thanks everyone for all the encouragement and support!
Good job!

The chocolate mint bars are:
calories: 150 calories from fat: 40
Total fat 4.5
sat fat 3
trans fat 0
cholesterol: less than 5mg
Sodium: 70mg
Potassium: 100mg
Total Carb: 21g
Fiber: 4g
Sugars: 12g
Protein: 10g

tmarshall
07-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Thanks, Debi!

melNco
07-11-2010, 10:04 PM
lost 2 at WI yesterday :)

MEEZOOGIRL
07-12-2010, 08:01 AM
lost 2 at WI yesterday :)

YAY... Congrats... Way to get back on program... It's hard.. I know.. It seemed harder to get back on the program after falling off, than it was the first time.. Now I just need to stick on it 100% on the weekends.. :dizzy:

Junie04
07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I weighed in today for a loss of 2.6 pounds making it a total of 20 pounds! I am so excited today!!

Thanks ladies for the support!

aprilw94
07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Congrats Junie!!!!!!! 20lbs is such a mile marker! Keep it up girl!

Junie04
07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Congrats Junie!!!!!!! 20lbs is such a mile marker! Keep it up girl!

Thank you April!!

MEEZOOGIRL
07-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Congrats Junie.. that's great!!!

wendinnc
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I weighed in today for a loss of 2.6 pounds making it a total of 20 pounds! I am so excited today!!

Thanks ladies for the support!

Way to go!!!! I know you must be proud of your dedication! :)
You need to get yourself a ticker so you can see your progress each time you sign on....

wendinnc
07-12-2010, 05:38 PM
I was down another pound today at w/i. I need to lose one more pound to catch up to Junie and reach the 20 pound loss.... I hope to be there by the end of the week!!

aprilw94
07-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Just had a chocolate covered cherry shake........... Yuuuuuummmmmm!

Junie04
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Thank you MEEZOOGIRL and Wendi!

Wendi, we are always neck and neck and I hope you get your 20 this week!

I went ahead and put me a tracker. It showed up on my next post!

leigh34
07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Hey ladies - after a 2 month hiatus I am back on the wagon. I am proud to say I only gained 5 lbs since completing stabilization...but just needed a break from focusing on food every day. I have started a new job and was on the road travelling for training for 2 week. I am now ready to recommit and work on the last 20 lbs in my own personal goal (my original MRC goal was set based on what I could afford to sign up for at the time). I am going this last 20 lbs on my own and know I have the tools to do it!:carrot:

ladystarrider
07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm feeling a little stuck today, not really in a long plateau or anything, just not moving fast enough. I wonder if anyone has cut out starches and substituted/replaced those carbs for more fruits or vegetables for a few days. It would seem that the bread we eat (the 40 calorie kind) has very little going for it and is nutritionally expendable. My bread has 7 g of carbs per slice, which isn't a whole lot, but then again, the bread itself is like eating air! It seems like the starches we are allowed are little more than a wink and a nod, so why bother at all?

aprilw94
07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm feeling a little stuck today, not really in a long plateau or anything, just not moving fast enough. I wonder if anyone has cut out starches and substituted/replaced those carbs for more fruits or vegetables for a few days. It would seem that the bread we eat (the 40 calorie kind) has very little going for it and is nutritionally expendable. My bread has 7 g of carbs per slice, which isn't a whole lot, but then again, the bread itself is like eating air! It seems like the starches we are allowed are little more than a wink and a nod, so why bother at all?

When I did this program the first time I was stuck for three weeks and they determined that I was very carb sensitive. I didn't get to replace it with anything, but the did pull my bread out of the program, told me to stick w/ citrus fruit or berries and I couldn't do my creamy hns. I busted right through that plateu and only had one more during my program that lasted a week but other than that it worked great for me! Hope this helps!

SaucyTexasChick
07-14-2010, 12:35 PM
I restarted MRC a week ago today and have already lost 8.5 pounds!! I love this program!!

Good luck to everyone!!

icansucceed
07-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Wow Saucy, that's an awesome loss! I started on 6/23 (pre-conditioning) and have only lost that amount since. We did go on vacation during this time and although I stayed on plan, I'm thinking there was some hidden no-no's. Finding this board has been a real inspiration that this does work and is well worth it.

SaucyTexasChick
07-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Me too!! I look on this board everyday so that I can get some new ideas. It never fails....always something!!

Congrats on the hard work girl!!

wendinnc
07-16-2010, 02:56 PM
At w/i today I lost one more pound bringing my total to 20 pounds!!!! I also was measured and in total have lost 24.75 inches! I am so proud of myself.... and finally am feeling and seeing a difference in my clothes. It is great when someone actually makes a comment that I look like I have lost weight. :)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Hvnlymzic
07-16-2010, 09:47 PM
More time wasted on not sticking to plan...I'm so tired of my lack of motivation. So once again...i'm gonna try to get back to it.

My Center is doing a meta-quick challenge next week. I've never done that and have never been interested, but I actually might try it. I didn't sign up for it, but I'm thinking about it. I asked if people got hungry while doing that (because i've heard some say they do around here) and the girl i talked to at the center said not really, but i don't buy that.

So I'm thinking about that. Showed a 2lb weight loss today, which is great. I'm glad about that...but i need to keep that momentum going, know what i mean?

GoalAug2010
07-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Keep it up Hvnlymzic, you've lost 50 lbs!!!! you've come so far, proving that you have plenty of motivation in you.

You should give meta-quick a try, the first time is the toughest, but it gets easier and easier. I can't wait for the 30 days to pass to be able to do it again. I sometimes get hungry between lunch and dinner, but I just add a fiber to my afternoon HNS and that gets me through just fine. For me, meta-quick is the magic week in my month of weight loss.

ladystarrider
07-16-2010, 11:16 PM
At WI today I am now officially down 30 and 1/2 pounds! I am excited! I'd like to lose another 50, so I'll sign another contract while the sale is going on in July. I thought I'd miss all the stuff I've stopped eating (ice cream, candy, sweets), but it really hasn't been that much of a struggle. Amazing! And all this has been without exercise. I bet with the addition of some movement the losses would pick up and even improve! I may investigate the couch to 5K program when the weather cools off - vacation is in a few weeks and maybe after that would be a good time. It is awful hot here in Texas. I know that is an excuse but I am too lazy to get up at 5 am when I don't have to during summer vacation (I am a teacher) to exercise. I enjoy staying in bed without an alarm too much!

allisontom911
07-16-2010, 11:21 PM
At w/i today I lost 3lbs. Not to bad since I just started program on Monday. I know it is all water at first but still exciting to see the numbers go down

guinevere75
07-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Arg! I'm up a pound. My cycle started and I've added exercise, so I common sense of course tells me that these have to be factored in, but dang - just makes me want to curse! :) I'm sure when my cycle ends, I'll see a loss - that's what happened to me last month. But the numbers will drive you crazy if you focus on them too much - so just ARG some more for the moment. :)

Junie04
07-17-2010, 04:03 PM
At w/i today I lost one more pound bringing my total to 20 pounds!!!! I also was measured and in total have lost 24.75 inches! I am so proud of myself.... and finally am feeling and seeing a difference in my clothes. It is great when someone actually makes a comment that I look like I have lost weight. :)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Wendi, great job on the weight and inches lost! I bet you will have a great weekend!

I finally had a comment like that made this week. Someone finally noticed!

Junie04
07-17-2010, 04:04 PM
At w/i today I lost 3lbs. Not to bad since I just started program on Monday. I know it is all water at first but still exciting to see the numbers go down

Good luck to you! It is very exciting seeing those numbers go down!

Pookie31
07-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi Everyone, I just joined MRC! I've done pre-condition and today is my first actual day on plan. I am on the yellow menu right now. I am very excited to start this journey and looking forward to reading this forum and meeting everyone.

The first day is going good. It is almost dinner and I've had a little trouble with hunger but I can do it! :)

Have a great weekend all!

Hvnlymzic
07-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Ugh...all this dang water. Why do I ever get off plan?? Its SO hard to readjust to the drinking and the subsequent trips to the bathroom. Blah. But I'm doing well on plan, so can't really complain about the walks to the bathroom. Plus I'm doing meta-quick this week, so I feel like I'm on a liquid diet. The drop I see this week better be insane. :)

Hope everyone else is doing good. Don't stress over mistakes and DO celebrates all victories...even the little ones. One day, one meal, one bite at a time! :)

guinevere75
07-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Had to post today just so I could see my new ticker! :) Lost the pound from last week plus 3.5 more - so down a total of 17.5 lbs and 19 inches! If you work the program, it works! :) Next goal - lost the next 2.5 lbs and sign that 20 lbs board!!! :) Keep hanging in everyone!

allisontom911
07-20-2010, 06:08 PM
I did w/i today and was down 1.5. So total of 5lbs in 9 days. Happy days!!!

hatethesweatpants
07-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Congrats guinevere75 and allisontom911 - doesn't it feel great to get the reward for your hard work? I just got back from 6 days of vacation and lost 2.5 lb while away. Yay!

Hvnlymzic
07-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Congrats to all of you...those losses make all the work worthwhile!!

AngelaB
07-21-2010, 12:19 AM
I am back from my vacation - woohoo! I think it's been over a month since I've checked in here. My husband came back from Iraq on 6/22, and then we left for our big trip on 6/25...and just got internet access at home again today - router needed rebuilt. I wish I could say that I lost 10+ pounds while we were gone, but no such luck. We were at Disney for a week, and I DID stay on plan there. I brought my crockpot with me, and cooked most of our meals in our cabin (we had a full kitchen). After Disney, we stayed with friends for several days, and that was much harder. I didn't go off program all day, every day - but at least some portion of each day, I think. Today was my first weigh in since I left. I lost 4 lbs, and I was very happy with that. Looking forward to continuing to lose and getting healthy!!

wendinnc
07-21-2010, 06:58 AM
I am back from my vacation - woohoo! I think it's been over a month since I've checked in here. My husband came back from Iraq on 6/22, and then we left for our big trip on 6/25...and just got internet access at home again today - router needed rebuilt. I wish I could say that I lost 10+ pounds while we were gone, but no such luck. We were at Disney for a week, and I DID stay on plan there. I brought my crockpot with me, and cooked most of our meals in our cabin (we had a full kitchen). After Disney, we stayed with friends for several days, and that was much harder. I didn't go off program all day, every day - but at least some portion of each day, I think. Today was my first weigh in since I left. I lost 4 lbs, and I was very happy with that. Looking forward to continuing to lose and getting healthy!!

Losing 4 pounds after being on vacation is TERRIFIC!! Great Job! :) I know how difficult it can be when you are staying with friends and not always in control of the menu. You must be so proud of yourself.

guinevere75
07-21-2010, 11:54 AM
AngelaB, 4 lbs while on vacation is AWESOME!! :) Congrats on that and on your hubby's return. My sis just got back from her second tour in Afghanistan, and we are SOOOOOOO glad to have her stateside!

GoalAug2010
07-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Well I took the plunge yesterday and resigned for another 17 weeks. My original goal was 162 lbs by 7/24 which im running about 14 lbs behind on. I've *never* averaged more than 2 lbs a week, so that puts me at 7 weeks behind and then added another 12 lbs to my goal to bring me to 150 instead of 160. When I first started, 160 sounded ambitious and somewhat impossible, but now that I'm close, I know I want to go further.

So, here I am saying once and for all, I WILL be in stabilization by October 18th and finished with this program for good! Looking forward to powering through these last couple months, so I can get on with my life!

guinevere75
07-21-2010, 12:03 PM
You can TOTALLY do this, GoalAug2010! Congrats on the goal and the resigning!!

GoalAug2010
07-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Thanks! I'll be there before I know it!

molglo
07-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I haven't been on this site for over a year. I'd lost 40 lbs on MRC but had to quit because of the expense. I've since gained about 18 lbs back, have had hip replacement surgery 3 months ago, and can't affort to get back on the program.

I've noticed that some of you are doing it on your own with the help of wonderful folks on this site. I have the Meta Slim sheet still and some supplements, but I don't recall the pre-conditioning program and was wondering where I can find some of the supplements cheaper outside of the center.

Any help would be soooooooooo appreciated. I need to lose about 45 lbs. and need to keep motivated.

Thanks so much.

guinevere75
07-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Molglo - PM me w/your email address and I'll send you the preconditioning menu, along w/all the other menus I have - I'll also send you the info on where you can find the protein drinks (www.dietdirect.com) - someone else indicated that Walmart does sell a protein shake that 1/4 of the serving size matches the HNS pretty perfectly - not sure what brand or anything, but it was super cheap and working for the girl who mentioned it.

molglo
07-21-2010, 04:11 PM
guinevere: I sent you a PM. Hope you received it. I really appreciate your taking the time to do this.

molglo
07-21-2010, 04:17 PM
tmarshall: I'm doing this on my own as well. I had lost 40 lbs but couldn't continue because of the costs so, over the last year I've gained back 18 lbs. I still can't afford to go back so am looking for help and you seem to be doing wonderfully. Any advice would be appreciated.

molglo
07-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I changed my Avatar since I hadn't lost 10 lbs. I like this one.

mtgal1453
07-21-2010, 06:16 PM
So, I needed to find a semi-formal dress--went shopping today and am down 2 SIZES!!! I started to cry I was so excited. I've never felt this confident in my entire life.

GoalAug2010
07-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Congrats mtgal1453! Isn't that the best thing ever! I went shopping the other day and tried on things I had no intention of buying JUST BECAUSE I COULD! It was so motivating.

shannysmomma
07-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Wow, I'm going to have to try that as a motivational tool. I don't like shopping & I don't really want to buy new things when I hope to not be in that size for long, but I guess it could lift my spirits a bit. I just got back from vacation & I will go WI on Monday. I'm a little nervous, but I think I did pretty well. I made most every meal with the exception of 2 dinners & 1 lunch. Even with that I picked options that were OP so I hope to have dropped a couple pounds at least.

Keep up the great work all!!!!

namaste1969
07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
I hit the 20lb mark today! 21.5 to be exact!
I have started an exercise program 5 days a week and I feel like it is really helping to speed things up.
Anyone else out there notice any difference when you exercise?

molglo
07-21-2010, 11:06 PM
So, I needed to find a semi-formal dress--went shopping today and am down 2 SIZES!!! I started to cry I was so excited. I've never felt this confident in my entire life.

What a wonderful feeling that must be. Congrats:carrot:

Hvnlymzic
07-22-2010, 08:46 AM
mtgal - Down 2 sizes?! Awesome :) I'm sure that feels great.

namaste1969 - 20lbs is AMAZING! Congrats to you :) When I hit 20lbs I went to the grocery store and picked up 20lbs of flour and took a picture :) I've moved on to potatoes since then, remember this feeling...it's what will get you through the hard moments.

AngelaB
07-22-2010, 09:58 AM
mtgal, that is awesome! Two sizes is huge!!! Yay for you!!!!

Namaste, you are doing awesome also!! 21.5 is great!!!!

I think tomorrow I should finally be out of the dreaded 200s!!!! Can't even remember the last time I was under 200. Wow.

Junie04
07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I think tomorrow I should finally be out of the dreaded 200s!!!! Can't even remember the last time I was under 200. Wow.

Amazing! Good luck
I can't wait until I am there!

Junie04
07-22-2010, 10:47 AM
I hit the 20lb mark today! 21.5 to be exact!
I have started an exercise program 5 days a week and I feel like it is really helping to speed things up.
Anyone else out there notice any difference when you exercise?

I started exercising 5 days a week last week. I had a very nice weigh in the first week and I hope to have another great one next week!

melNco
07-22-2010, 05:38 PM
:( I have totally lost all self control. Gained back about 4 pounds (not that I have lost what I should have anyways) but I just can't figure out what is going on with me :( It's making me depressed which makes me want to eat more. ARGH, vicious cycle..vicious:mad::?::stress:

AngelaB
07-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Mel, hang in there!! Go to your center and talk to the staff there - they can offer guidelines and see what it is that is triggering something for you, maybe. Try not to let it get you down - just get back on track as soon as you can, your next meal - and drink water, drink water, drink water!!

Yay, I weighed myself today (and my scale always measures that same as MRC scale) - 199.0!!!! Yipppeee!!!

Hvnlymzic
07-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Oh Mel...welcome to the club hun! There are a few of us living that cycle right now. I decided to do metaquick for a week to throw myself back into the MRC cycle. So far, so good. I wasted all of April, May and June in that no-loss cycle. I wish I had magic advice of how to snap out of it, but if I did, I'd have snapped out quicker. Feel free to PM me if you wanna chit chat about it...sometimes just knowing someone else has been there recently will help. Hang in there hun.

dkmd27
07-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Oh Mel...welcome to the club hun! There are a few of us living that cycle right now. I decided to do metaquick for a week to throw myself back into the MRC cycle. So far, so good. I wasted all of April, May and June in that no-loss cycle. I wish I had magic advice of how to snap out of it, but if I did, I'd have snapped out quicker. Feel free to PM me if you wanna chit chat about it...sometimes just knowing someone else has been there recently will help. Hang in there hun.

I'm a sad member of that same club.... booooooo:mad:

MEEZOOGIRL
07-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Mel, Hvnly, Dkmd... I'm a member of that club. I have had a rough couple of weeks. I'm self sabatoging myself. I see it happening.. I just can't seem to stop it. I'm snacking like crazy. I'm haven't been to weigh in this week. I feel like I'm not losing, so I want to eat, then I'm eating, so I'm not loosing.:cry: HELLO!!! My brain knows that's not the way to do it. I'm going to go in an buy some shakes this weekend, and try the metaquick next week to get myself back on track.

It's nice to know I'm not alone.. We are all here for you.. Lean on us and we will lean on you.. Together we will hold each other up. :grouphug:

Hvnly gave me good advice this week.. She said.. One day at a time.. one meal at a time... I'm going to try and get back to that mentality..

Hang in there..:hug:

aprilw94
07-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Been on metaquick since Tuesday and am down 4 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great day, that is 19lbs in just 30 days! This also put me over 40lbs......again what a great day lol!!!!

Hvnlymzic
07-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Meezoo...Metaquick did the trick for me...but here's the reason why. I told myself this was my jumpstart back into plan...Metaquick is SUPER restrictive...just a bar or shake for two meals...thats crazy. I never thought I'd be able to do that. I thought for sure I'd be hungry, but it's almost like i purposefully flipped a switch in my head...I wasn't gonna eat off plan...period. And I haven't been perfect...I never ever am...but wow am i doing better. I am going to WI today and I expect a loss. I don't know what kind of loss to expect as I've never done this before, but it should be good.

For everyone who is having a bad day, week or month with their eating, please remember its all choices. I knew when I was eating something off plan that it was a choice. Its hard to start making the right choices again, so take it one meal at a time. Say (outloud if you need to)...I'm going to eat this meal on plan...and then do it. Then when you're done eating...brush your teeth and chew a piece of gum. I drink 20oz of water between each meal...at least. So I keep my mouth busy. Try it. There's no magic to it, but this struggle is all mental. I didn't NEED to eat any of the off plan things I did...I chose to. Mostly I chose to because I was thinking about it. I wouldn't even think about it if my mouth was busy.

Hang in there everyone. This plan works...but, you have to make it work for you.

molglo
07-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Mel, Hvnly, Dkmd - I'm so there with you guys. It makes a big difference to see how everyone gets and gives so much support because we all know the challenges, rewards, regrets and joys.

I love Hvnly's advice...One day...one meal at a time. Sometimes it is good to literally give yourself a pat on the back (or shoulder if you can't reach that far back):cp::bravo: when you've stayed on plan for one meal, then the next and so on. That could add up to 3 or 4 pats a day a good reminder of your success.:cp:

MEEZOOGIRL
07-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Meezoo...Metaquick did the trick for me...but here's the reason why. I told myself this was my jumpstart back into plan...Metaquick is SUPER restrictive...just a bar or shake for two meals...thats crazy. I never thought I'd be able to do that. I thought for sure I'd be hungry, but it's almost like i purposefully flipped a switch in my head...I wasn't gonna eat off plan...period. And I haven't been perfect...I never ever am...but wow am i doing better. I am going to WI today and I expect a loss. I don't know what kind of loss to expect as I've never done this before, but it should be good.

Hang in there everyone. This plan works...but, you have to make it work for you.

Great Advice Hvly. I know Metaquick has worked for me in the past. I think I just need that Kick in the A**. I'm going through a divorce, so My mom told me this morning that looking hot is the best revenge.. I need to keep that in mind..

Plus I'm not hurting anyone but me when I eat off plan. Today is the day I'm flipping the switch. I need to remember that it's just food..

I think I can.. I think I can.. No Wait.. I KNOW I can... Have a great weekend.. Good Luck at WI everyone...

wendinnc
07-23-2010, 01:16 PM
I am still chugging along..... lost 1.5 pounds at weigh-in today. Even though I didn't lose on Monday I am happy that the scale is going down and every little bit sure helps!! I am going to reward myself and schedule a massage next week. :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

aprilw94
07-23-2010, 02:27 PM
I am still chugging along..... lost 1.5 pounds at weigh-in today. Even though I didn't lose on Monday I am happy that the scale is going down and every little bit sure helps!! I am going to reward myself and schedule a massage next week. :)

Congrats...looks like this made u hit the 20lb mark....that's a big mile stone!!!!! Keep up the good work!

shannysmomma
07-23-2010, 03:36 PM
I have been going down pretty steadily. I just got back from vacation & pretty much stayed on plan. Made most of my meals in our room, but ate dinner out a couple times. I made sure I got my veggies in, took my melba with my, brought my HNS & made sure they used no butter, dressing or sauces. I see a lot of people talking about the metaquick plan & was wondering if anyone could tell me more about it. What you eat & when? Does it cost more money? Just the basics I guess. I know you can't put a price on your life, but dang I feel like I spend more money doing this & buying food than I did before I started this. I'm glad I did, but it is getting a little costly as all you know.
Thank you to all of you, it helps me get through sometimes just by reading all these posts.
Good job to all......for the first time in life I'm proud to say I'm a loser!!!!

GoalAug2010
07-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Congrats shannysmomma! Welcome back

There's several other threads outlining metaquick, here's the most recent:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/207709-metaslim.html

Good Luck!

hatethesweatpants
07-23-2010, 07:52 PM
40 pound board today! Woo hoo!

AngelaB
07-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Awesome Debi!!! Great job!

molglo
07-24-2010, 01:10 PM
GoalAug2010: Thanks for the link to the Metaslim thread.

AngelaB: Great job on staying on plan during your vacation. I know how hard that is to do. I'm trying to do this without going to the center because of how costly it got. But, because everyone is so supportive and helpful, I feel this will work for me.

wenndinnc: Congrats on the 1.5 lbs. Always a step forward.

hatethesweatpants: I know how exciting the 40 lb mark is!!! Keep up the great effort.

SandyKC0SWJ
07-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Congrats Debi!! :cheer: I am hoping to make it there next couple of weeks also.

Junie04
07-24-2010, 07:07 PM

Way to go! I am so happy for you that you got to 20 pounds, and surpassed it!! Great job!

Junie04
07-24-2010, 07:08 PM
40 pound board today! Woo hoo!

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Hvnlymzic
07-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Kick in the a$$ indeed!! I lost 4.5lbs this week. Now before anyone starts thinking I am a miracle weight loser...that was going from eating most off plan to meta-quick (bars and shakes only for breakfast and lunch) and from drinking like 40oz of water a day to 80-100oz a day (my normal range). That was my body saying "ahhh...thank you Samantha for finally treating me right and not eating crap". SO...this week, my goal is a good week on plan. My consultant told me that sometimes people keep seeing results from meta-quick through the next week. So we'll see. But in the mean time...I'm getting back into it and feeling successful.

Support support support! Here's my thought about why we come to 3FC...ready? I think of 3FC as the "spanx" of my weight loss journey. You know...Spanx...the ultimate support in undergarments that everyone talks about? I wouldn't dream of wearing some things without some support underneath to hold me together. I look better that way, feel better that way and I make it through the day easier. This group is that way too. I wouldn't DREAM of doing my MRC journey without this group. Sure I get support from the center, but this group is every day, hard working, through all the sweat and nasty parts (look back for discussions about poo and other weird things if you don't believe me). The things that really keep me rolling when I have a WI like 2 weeks ago, where I ate perfectly and gained 2lbs come from here. My center told me to eat less cottage cheese ("it's high in sodium")...boo to that. I always eat cottage cheese and rarely gain from a perfect week. This group told me to hang in there and stick it out. And here I am...6.5lbs in 2 weeks. SO, moral of the story...stay close to us here, especially when it gets hard. If you don't feel like going to WI...fine...though, I'll always encourage you to...but at the very least come here for some TLC and words of encouragement. You need them...and you know who you are if I'm talking to you. :) Enjoy your Saturday and Sunday and keep it one meal at a time. You can do it!

allisontom911
07-25-2010, 12:12 AM
congrats to those with great weight losses and hitting milestone marks! I only lost .5 in the last 4 days but I had a huge m&m cookie thursday night so not going to beat myself up to bad. Here is to another good 4 days!

hatethesweatpants
07-25-2010, 10:54 AM
. And here I am...6.5lbs in 2 weeks. SO, moral of the story...stay close to us here, especially when it gets hard. If you don't feel like going to WI...fine...though, I'll always encourage you to...but at the very least come here for some TLC and words of encouragement. You need them...and you know who you are if I'm talking to you. :) Enjoy your Saturday and Sunday and keep it one meal at a time. You can do it!

Congrats on your loss and for being back OP. It's so hard those first couple of weeks to stay the course, but you are doing it! Great job! Nice pep talk, too. I find that when I'm on this board daily, it's much easier to stay focused and positive. Have a great weekend!

dkmd27
07-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Kick in the a$$ indeed!! I lost 4.5lbs this week.

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... :carrot:

shannysmomma
07-25-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm with you Hvnlymzic, I couldn't do it without the support of 3FC & my clinic. I know we all get support from friends & family, but it isn't the same. I have tried to lose weight many times on my own & had some success, but nothing like I am experiencing now. I love going on this site & reading all the comments. Everyone has such great tips, advice & stories. It is so for real. As far as the cottage cheese, I did find low sodium cottage cheese (or maybe it was sodium free) at Safeway. I think it might have been lucerne brand, I found it on vacation & it sure doesn't taste as good without the sodium, but at least it is there if you need that option. I do find that I am becoming sodium sensitive since I have started this...or maybe I always was & didn't really care or know better.

Everyone have a great week & wish me luck..tomorrow I go WI for the first time since vacation. A little nervous, not sure why.

theycallmemom
07-26-2010, 12:27 AM
:shrug: Just wondering if anyone has tried NOT drinking the protien drinks and just drinking water? Is the additional protien necessary, or just used for a more full feeling? Just curious

molglo
07-26-2010, 08:12 AM
:shrug: Just wondering if anyone has tried NOT drinking the protien drinks and just drinking water? Is the additional protien necessary, or just used for a more full feeling? Just curious

Not a stupid question at all. What with the expense I can understand totally why you would ask. I don't really know the answer but the way they explained it was that the drinks help to keep you full and keep up your metabolism. I'll be interested to hear what the others have to say.

I have a question about the protein drinks...some of the kiwi melon that I have turned color. They started out green but know they look kind of light brownish. The expiration date is 2011. Has this happened to anyone else? Since I don't go to the Center any more, I can't really bring them back.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/slider-scale/lb/198/156/196/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

MEEZOOGIRL
07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Kick in the a$$ indeed!! I lost 4.5lbs this week. Now before anyone starts thinking I am a miracle weight loser...that was going from eating most off plan to meta-quick (bars and shakes only for breakfast and lunch) and from drinking like 40oz of water a day to 80-100oz a day (my normal range). That was my body saying "ahhh...thank you Samantha for finally treating me right and not eating crap". SO...this week, my goal is a good week on plan. My consultant told me that sometimes people keep seeing results from meta-quick through the next week. So we'll see. But in the mean time...I'm getting back into it and feeling successful.

Support support support! Here's my thought about why we come to 3FC...ready? I think of 3FC as the "spanx" of my weight loss journey. You know...Spanx...the ultimate support in undergarments that everyone talks about? I wouldn't dream of wearing some things without some support underneath to hold me together. I look better that way, feel better that way and I make it through the day easier. This group is that way too. I wouldn't DREAM of doing my MRC journey without this group. Sure I get support from the center, but this group is every day, hard working, through all the sweat and nasty parts (look back for discussions about poo and other weird things if you don't believe me). The things that really keep me rolling when I have a WI like 2 weeks ago, where I ate perfectly and gained 2lbs come from here. My center told me to eat less cottage cheese ("it's high in sodium")...boo to that. I always eat cottage cheese and rarely gain from a perfect week. This group told me to hang in there and stick it out. And here I am...6.5lbs in 2 weeks. SO, moral of the story...stay close to us here, especially when it gets hard. If you don't feel like going to WI...fine...though, I'll always encourage you to...but at the very least come here for some TLC and words of encouragement. You need them...and you know who you are if I'm talking to you. :) Enjoy your Saturday and Sunday and keep it one meal at a time. You can do it!

Wahoo!! That is so great.. Congrats.. I'm sure it's a good moral booster.

I love the Spanx idea is great.. I know our parents/family can support us.. but not all of them have had weight issues. One of my good friends is this skinny minnie.. She has no idea what it's like to want to eat. Her advice is to just not eat.. MMM Ok?? This place is great to come and spill it all.. We don't judge, we just support, and it's a group of women/men who all have the same issues.. The center is not always "helpful". Mine is just constantly pushing the new program. I'm so thankful I found this forum.:hug:

After a rough weekend.. I'm back 100%.. I'm not going to let anyone else effect my weight loss.. But on the bright side.. I went shopping this weekend, and bought a pair of 22 pants and a 18 top. When I started this program I was a full 28.. and a 26 top.. I love it.

Here's to a great week... :carrot:

Hvnlymzic
07-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Here is a quick guide (http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/pros-cons-of-high-protein-diets)from WebMD about High Protein Diets (MRC is a high protein diet).

Basically...the HNS drinks provide us with more protein, which yes makes you feel fuller longer and keeps you from wanting to eat as frequently. Protein also encouraged ketosis in the body. Ketosis is the metabolic state during which your body burns it's own fat rather than just glucose (normal body fuel). The article points out that ketosis can be dangerous...causing damage to the kidneys, etc...but thats why we do the ketone (bathroom pee stick) test. If you're registering high on that, they're going to encourage you to stop I'd imagine (don't know for sure, but if I registered high on that, I'd be worried and would probably see my dr.).

I really liked seeing this article because I loved that most of the cons that they present to high protein diets are things that MRC doesn't advocate (eating junk food, lots of red meat, high in sat fat, etc). MRC is one of the more balanced diet plans that I've seen and I researched alot before choosing this one.

Hopefully that explains a little bit about why we drink the HNS drinks. Another reason is that we don't get a ton of calories on this plan either, and the HNS add some to our daily intake.

aprilw94
07-26-2010, 09:25 AM

I did try this after I moved away and there were no centers in my state. I had no idea where to get the drinks at that point. I did not work for me, I stuck to it hard core like I did at the center and used crystal light as a replace mention thinking that at least I wouldn't be hungry even though it had no protien or nutritional benefit. It didn't help me. I think in 8 weeks I lost like 4 lbs. That was awful coming off the program where I had lost that in a week!!! I was told later the extra protien is keeping your metabolism up and your calories burning. If it is a cost issue there is a protein shake that comes in a tub and for a powder it's really good!!!! It's put out by syntrax and is called nectar. It has less than 1 carb 23g of protein and 100 calories. That is less carbs than in our drinks. Anyways I like the chocolate and cappacino, but they have fruit punch, sour apple, etc. It is $34 per tub but the tub with last u a little over a month. Be careful w some of the gnu and walmart brands because many of them have carbs or sugars in them. But I do think you need some kind of protein to replace the drinks. Hope this helps.

hatethesweatpants
07-26-2010, 10:34 AM

My center also told me that it supports bone/hair/nail health. Too little protein would cause hair loss on this diet b/c of the low calorie and fat content.

Best,

allisontom911
07-26-2010, 10:42 AM
question about the ketosis sticks. My center does not have them. Should I ask them about it?

aprilw94
07-26-2010, 10:52 AM
question about the ketosis sticks. My center does not have them. Should I ask them about it?
When I was in Kansas city, they rarely got them out. I think u are supposed to do one every time you weigh in but I think they had me do it once. It may depend on who is running the show, I'm not sure. It may not hurt to ask but If u have ever done atkins u were supposed to be in the dark purple (the dangerous level) cause it had u eating high fat/sodium/calories and we eat plenty of carbs on this plan because as Heavenly said it's a very balanced diet which has bread, fruit, and carbs in all out drinks that we really cant get into the highest level of ketosis. All that to say, they check it but if they don't the average person is completely fine.

Hvnlymzic
07-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Just a side note...losing this much weight has made me lose hair both times i've done it...it's how my body reacts. Sucks, but I've had my blood drawn and I'm normal, just my body flipping out. It comes back :)

I doubt you'd ever be in danger if you didn't do the test...I've never read out of zero range and i obviously lose weight. April has it right on.

dkmd27
07-26-2010, 04:29 PM

There is a way. When I joined, they had a diet plan that did not use the HNS (because some people just can't afford it) ... I didn't request a copy (I regret that now). You basically added a couple more ounces of protein with your meals or a protein snack in between, if I remember correctly. There is no guarantee with that particular plan, but you still get the support and one-on-one the center offers. Ask you center for it. It's kind of like Atkins with limits.

And the ketosis sticks .... my center rarely had them in stock, I was never asked to use one. They are very unreliable. Many people NEVER go into ketosis even when 100% on plan. Don't worry about them.

theycallmemom
07-26-2010, 11:39 PM
frustrated! For some reason of another my computer will not open any of the PDF files!!!! I have the first menu, cant tell you what color it is, cause its a copy so its white LOL...I just need to know what menu I go to next, and when....any info would be wounderful

aprilw94
07-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Weighed in today and lost 3 more lbs for a total of albs on metaquick!!!!!! This is exciting, and I was 3 oz away from going down one more lb!!! Love this board, I have become addicted thanks everyone for the support even though you may not know you are supporting me!

MEEZOOGIRL
07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Congrats Aprilw94.. That's great!!! You are almost at the 1/2 way point..

MEEZOOGIRL
07-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Day 2 back on the program, and It's been going well.. With the exception of my morning coffee,(not something I can give up) I have been 100%.. YEAH!!! It's been tough.. I just keep asking myself if the off program food is worth it.. So far it's not.. I made the chicken salad from the reciepe board this morning for lunch.. it looks so good..

theycallmemom
07-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Good Morning! Day one sort of for me...need to go grocery shopping after work, so lunch will be - ummmm - not real sure yet LOL...excited about starting again, and looking forward to getting to know you all

(ps - tried to take my Grandsons picture off my signature, but it keeps telling me I cant do that ???)

AngelaB
07-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Loved reading all the messages over the last two days - I think this is such a wonderfully supportive place! When one of us is feeling down, someone is there right away to pick us back up!
Love this group!!

GoalAug2010
07-28-2010, 12:00 PM
This morning i saw 169.8 on my scale.. which is just about the lowest number I ever remember and certainly a number I never thought i'd get back to.

Yippee!

aprilw94
07-28-2010, 01:00 PM
This morning i saw 169.8 on my scale.. which is just about the lowest number I ever remember and certainly a number I never thought i'd get back to.

Yippee!

Congrat!!!!! Girl u gotta move down your ticker!!!! That's my favorite part of my day right now!!! :)

wendinnc
07-28-2010, 02:08 PM

Yippee!

Isn't that one of the best feelings?? Keep up the great work! I know that the scale is just a number.... but that number can surely bring happiness as it gets lower and lower. :)

AngelaB
07-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Wooohooo on the 169.8!!! Awesome feeling, isn't it??

GoalAug2010
07-29-2010, 11:27 AM
yes, it is a great feeling! Though my scale and I are at war... everyday it's down then it's up then it's down then it's up then it's back down to the lowest i saw before it goes even further down. ARG! So frustrating! I just have to be more stubborn than it.

MEEZOOGIRL
07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
yes, it is a great feeling! Though my scale and I are at war... everyday it's down then it's up then it's down then it's up then it's back down to the lowest i saw before it goes even further down. ARG! So frustrating! I just have to be more stubborn than it.

I have that same fight with my scale.. LOL.. I love it when I see a new number. This week, my scale has been going down, but only by onces. I'll be at .9, then the next day, .5.. Not even a full lb??? We have to be more persistent than our scales.. :D

allisontom911
07-29-2010, 10:32 PM
I have not done well this week at all. Went and had BBQ on Sunday then last night went out and had pizza. GOD this sucks. Oh well. back on the plan today. I havent been to weigh in this week. Not sure I want to. I try to go every 4 days but not this week..lol

tmarshall
07-29-2010, 11:01 PM
WI, today, lost 4 lbs, down 35lbs, yeah, I keep expecting the scale to quit moving but it doesn't. This is my 7 week, and I lost 35 lbs, but this week around 2 or 3 oclock, I'm getting nausa (?), almost like morning sickness, (no such option, though!) If feels like I'm hungry, but not really. I'm not sure if I'm trying to come down with something, or a need to add more calories, I only do the HNS at meal times. Has anyone else experenced this. I've been finding myself snacking, just to try to get rid of this feeling, (high pro snack bar, cheese cube, etc.) but that isn't helping. Any suggestions? I don't want to sabatouge my results, since I've done so well so far, but I just feel icky!

aprilw94
07-29-2010, 11:08 PM
WI, today, lost 4 lbs, down 35lbs, yeah, I keep expecting the scale to quit moving but it doesn't. This is my 7 week, and I lost 35 lbs, but this week around 2 or 3 oclock, I'm getting nausa (?), almost like morning sickness, (no such option, though!) If feels like I'm hungry, but not really. I'm not sure if I'm trying to come down with something, or a need to add more calories, I only do the HNS at meal times. Has anyone else experenced this. I've been finding myself snacking, just to try to get rid of this feeling, (high pro snack bar, cheese cube, etc.) but that isn't helping. Any suggestions? I don't want to sabatouge my results, since I've done so well so far, but I just feel icky!

This happened to me the 1st time around and they actually had me move two of my hns in-between lunch and dinner as a snack instead od having my one w dinner (I always had a creamy after dinner as a dessert type thing so this is probably why they moved that on) it did help me a lot, congrats on your loss....that's amazing!!!

theycallmemom
07-29-2010, 11:56 PM
down 2 pounds! Since Monday...:carrot: (I think I have peed it all out LOL)

tmarshall
07-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks, April, I'll try that! Anything to make this feeling go away!

hatethesweatpants
07-30-2010, 08:52 AM
I have not done well this week at all. Went and had BBQ on Sunday then last night went out and had pizza. GOD this sucks. Oh well. back on the plan today. I havent been to weigh in this week. Not sure I want to. I try to go every 4 days but not this week..lol

Hi there,
Just want to encourage you that it is much harder to stay on plan if you go off plan... eating carbs will cause the carb monster to wake up and it's really hard to shut him up!! I would encourage you to stay on plan - NO cheats - especially if you really, really want to. Saying "no" will make you stronger every time, even though it may be the most difficult thing you do. Weighing in this week might be just what you need to get you back on track. I hope I'm not being too bossy, but I have gained and lost the same 40lbs so many times that I think I finally found the right way. Good luck!

Junie04
07-30-2010, 09:36 AM

That happens to me sometimes too and I do the same thing as April. I drink my HNS right away when I get to feeling like that. Good luck and I hope it goes away. Great job on the weight loss!

Junie04
07-30-2010, 09:41 AM
I wanted to add that I lost 1 pound at my weigh in yesterday making my total 25.8! I finally hit the 25 pound mark! What a great feeling.

hatethesweatpants
07-30-2010, 10:01 AM
I wanted to add that I lost 1 pound at my weigh in yesterday making my total 25.8! I finally hit the 25 pound mark! What a great feeling.

Congratulations! I bet you're really starting to notice how differently clothes fit, etc. Keep it up, it just gets better!

Junie04
07-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Congratulations! I bet you're really starting to notice how differently clothes fit, etc. Keep it up, it just gets better!

Thank you! Yes, I am feeling pretty good right now.

wendinnc
07-30-2010, 02:03 PM

FANTASTIC!!! How excited you must be! :) That is a big milestone to meet and what a perfect way to start the weekend off.

shannysmomma
07-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm so excited I finally hit the 50 LB mark...50.5 LBS to be exact. Went out for a surprise celebration to a casino. Took $50 because of my 50LB loss & won $350!! That was such an awesome surprise for me last night & it felt so good to celebrate without food like I used to do. Maybe going to spend some of that money on some clothes or something, haven't figured that out yet.

Hvnlymzic
07-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Clothes are an ok reward, but I like accessories better...a new pair of earrings or a necklace, something for your hair if you're into it...bracelet... I like buying accessories as rewards because I'll always remember...this was my 50lbs bracelet and no matter how much I lose they'll still fit. :) Congrats on your fiddy pounds!

MEEZOOGIRL
07-30-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm so excited I finally hit the 50 LB mark...50.5 LBS to be exact. Went out for a surprise celebration to a casino. Took $50 because of my 50LB loss & won $350!! That was such an awesome surprise for me last night & it felt so good to celebrate without food like I used to do. Maybe going to spend some of that money on some clothes or something, haven't figured that out yet.

That's great.. Congrats..

I agree with clothes are OK, but unless your close to your goal, you won't wear them for long.. hopefully. When I hit 50lb I bought myself a Pandora bracelet and 1 charm. I told myself I was gonig to add 1 charm for every 20 lbs.. By the time I'm done with this, I should have a pretty good charm collection.

Think about something that will keep you motivated..

Junie04
07-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Clothes are an ok reward, but I like accessories better...a new pair of earrings or a necklace, something for your hair if you're into it...bracelet... I like buying accessories as rewards because I'll always remember...this was my 50lbs bracelet and no matter how much I lose they'll still fit. :) Congrats on your fiddy pounds!

That is a good idea. I am glad that I couldn't find a nice shirt yesterday for my reward. I went ahead and bought a necklace and earrings. Now it will be my 25 pound one!

Have a great weekend everyone.

theycallmemom
07-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Does anyone ever get a bit light headed? I find that happening to me about an hour or so before dinner. :shrug:

shannysmomma
07-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I did end up buying 2 pairs of shorts because I need them, but they were on clearance for only $4 so it wasn't that bad, but I haven't really figured out what I want to buy myself for my reward yet. I agree that clothes aren't the best thing because I know I won't be in them that long, but I do need to buy a few pairs of pants for work because I can't keep mine up anymore. So from now on I will try to buy only necessary clothing items & not use them as a reward. I do like the idea of having something that I can look at & will remind me that I got this when I lost 50 lbs. Like I said I just have to figure out what that will be.

Thanks ladies for all the support. Y'all are great!!!

tmarshall
07-30-2010, 08:55 PM
today I wore a pair of shorts to work that I used to have to squeeze in, and I spent the whole day, pulling them up, and hoping that they didn't fall down, to the trash with them. YEAH, what a good feeling!!

GoalAug2010
07-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Down a lb today, which brings me to 1.5 for the week. I didn't think it was possible but my weight loss has recently gotten EVEN SLOWER!

I've been eating perfectly on plan and the center says i have a lot of water weight for my height as well as a lot of muscle. Does anyone else know their numbers?? I have 80 lbs water and 30lbs muscle for 5'5" height and right now i'm at 174 lbs.

theycallmemom
07-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Well, looked at some other high protein - low carb plans, and it seems the lower salt intake could be causing the lightheadedness ... :dizzy::dizzy:

has anyone else experienced lightheadedness on MRC?

Goose
07-31-2010, 01:17 AM

Tmarshall,
I'm glad to hear you say this! The entire time I was on MRC I was pretty nauseated. When I mentioned it at my center they acted like they'd never heard that before and had no suggestions for me. I'm trying to get restarted on my own this time, and am battling the same nausea monster. That's one reason I hated to have to go back on program after I slipped up and gained some back. The nausea was gone and life felt better; my energy level was much better also. Ugh...

allisontom911
07-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Debi - thanks for the encouragement..not being pushy at all :)
I need to get back on track. I am supose to be doing the MME but I am really trying to do the green menu, just increased my protein the the 6oz. I need to get back on track. I may try and do the Metaquick this week to ge me back in the grove.
Congrats to all of those who have hit the milestone weightlosses this week! Way to exciting.
Congrats to all who have lost weight this week.

guinevere75
07-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Finished out July on a high note ... signed the 20 lb board yesterday!! Finally!! I've been stuck at about .5-1.5 away from it for over a week - so I'm truly excited! And I got a big promotion and pay raise - I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket just in case!! :)

Hvnlymzic
07-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Well I was up 1.5 yesterday, but I'm thinking thats gonna by my period saying hello... So hello back to it and and hopefully all that water will fall off next week and I'll ahve another good loss. So yet again another rollercoaster week for me. I swear when I have two weeks in a row with a loss, I'm gonna lose my mind with excitement. I think it's been since March since I had two losses in a row. Weird cycle I'm in.

We did measurements and body comp yesterday since it had been so long and yes...I had a big water weight show up. Duh. But I did show an inch and a half loss since umm...May when we last measured. So thats something I guess.

I'm not really down about this gain, it is what it is...can't do anything about the water weight gain. Just keep at it and see how next week shapes up.

guinevere75
07-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Hvnlymzic - have you tried some B6 or Niacin? I get both from my local vitamin shoppe - neither is expensive - and they *really* help me flush out th extra water that I tend to carry otherwise. Be careful w/the niacin - there is a flush version and a non-flush version - I take the flush version, which IMO is the better version, but it gives you a true flush for about 20 minutes after taking it - I get blotchy, a little itchy and very hot - so I take it right before bed so it doesn't bother me. It's just a side effect of the blood capillaries coming to the surface and releasing toxins (sadly enough, I kinda enjoy this side effect - I'm probably a sick person). ;)

ladystarrider
07-31-2010, 07:26 PM

Clothes may come and go, as are the ones currently in my car on the way to the consignment store, but accessories are VERY collectible. I cleaned out my closets yesterday. I'm able to wear things that have not been on my body in several years. I went shopping for teacher clothes today and realized all I really needed was one polo, one pair of khakis, and a couple of tank tops to round out my work wardrobe. And with sales, I got all of it for less than $50, so I won't feel bad telling the new stuff good-bye when I lose more weight. Woo hoo!