Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

Default Feeling really defeated right now!

Well it's only day 4 of no binging for me... I don't know the last time I've gone even a week without binging. Today I started the 30 Day Shred and I had to stop and take a breather about 15 times... the video is only 20 minutes long! I just feel really upset at myself for being so out of shape. Disappointed in myself. Anyone else having a rough day?
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #2  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I've had to do that with videos before (both because I needed to catch my breath and because I couldn't figure out the dang steps, lol), and I know it can be frustrating! But just think, the more you do it the fewer breaks you'll have to take and soon you'll be able to get through the whole thing. When I have to pause I try to do side steps or hamstring curls to keep my heart rate from coming down too low, so really it's just like I've added some low intensity intervals into the workout.

I had a really hard day yesterday, it felt completely hopeless like I just know I'm never going to make it. But after forcing myself to look at the positive for a bit today things are looking up. It's not just about the destination we're trying to reach but the living and learning while we get there.

And congrats on day 4! Even just one day without binging is a victory, because it means you are trying and you are taking control. No matter how many times you fall down, it's not a failure if you get back up.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #3  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

I am RJ ... today has been one of those days that I just want to eat. Nothing specific I just want to eat. I have already had over 1100 calories with no afternoon snack (it's too late for one now). I'll be eating dinner in a little over a hour. I chose not to have a snack out of fear that if I go in there I won't just eat my serving. I have a few DVD's that I 10 minutes into and have to step it out. One day I'll be able to start one and at least get a 20-30 minute work out in.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I thought I was in decent shape cuz I run and I took an aerobics class and thought I was DYING. My heart rate monitor was going CRAZY.

Don't feel bad- the first time at something is always going to be hard. My first time on a treadmill I "ran" 2 minutes. Now I can easily use it for half an hour.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the replies guys, I needed to see the positive! I'm glad I'm not alone with the workout thing. I am going to give the video at least a week and see if I can improve. The good thing is that even though I didn't do it all my muscles are sore so SOMETHING was working lol.
Love2b, stay strong! Tomorrow is a new day and it's weird how one day can really make you sad but then the next you are motivated and feel so much better!
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

RJ--the 30 Day Shred is not easy, but stick with it. You will make it through without stopping in no time.

Keep on keeping on,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

RJ, don't get discouraged by 30DS -- it's REALLY hard. I'm a runner, and I can run a fast few miles (27 minute 5K) or a slow bunch (7.5 yesterday) but I can't get through 30DS Level 1 without stopping. That DVD should come with a warning!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Height: 5'6"

I've started new exercise videos and will get to a point where I'm tired already. Just in time to find out that was just the WARMUP!
TexasHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #9  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Don't be discouraged by the workout videos - they are HARD! At least you are doing them, and even though you are stopping, you are starting again and not giving up! Good for you!!!

Also, Day 4 no binge - that is great to hear - keep things positive and keep thinking of everything you ARE doing, and not what you can't do. Because you know what?!? You CAN do this and by being binge free and working out - YOU ARE DOING IT!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #10  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

rj1980, yes this has totally happen to me. every time i try to get back into a fitness program it is hard and i am sucking air and tired. and it can make me feel like, wow i am so far from where i want to be. but every time i do the workout again it gets a little bit better and eventually over time i try to increase my effort/time/distance/whatever. but it's definitley slow going for me at the outset, so i feel your pain. and hey, congrats on 4 days binge-free, that is fantastic!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 147/140/135

Height: 5ft 8/9

Yes I started the scarsdale on Friday and have stuck to it SO well until half an hour ago when I suddenly snapped at something and ended up devouring two slices of pizza and THREE buns, along with several squares of chocolate. Oh god, it sounds even worse now that I've written it down. Ugh, I am so disgusted with myself.

Tomorrow I think I will start a diary as such with a picture per day along with keeping track with EXACTLY what I eat. I feel so so sick right now, I am pathetic!!
parlezvous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #12  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=parlezvous;3383502]

Tomorrow I think I will start a diary as such with a picture per day along with keeping track with EXACTLY what I eat. QUOTE]

That sounds like a great plan! You are not pathetic~you are learning each day and you will be able to start your diary and jump back on track!

As far as the 30DS goes, I have "made" it through day 12. I am NOT perfect at it. I figure, if I was perfect, I'd be in the video myself. However, I try to make an effort and by day 7, I could make it through the jumping jacks/jump rope/jumping jacks/jump rope series. (Of course, my husband always would ask from the other room if I was ok~maybe I was breathing a little hard~lol).

But, the best part about the 30DS~I think I've noticed a difference in certain parts of my body. Maybe it's just my imagination, but I definitely feel better about myself.
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote