100 lb. Club - JULY NSV's

View Full Version : JULY NSV's

Sandi
07-01-2010, 04:14 PM
For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

kendra
07-02-2010, 12:21 AM
I walked today and I didn't get out of breath when walking back up this huge hill. :) wooohooo!

Onederchic
07-02-2010, 01:15 AM
I walked today and I didn't get out of breath when walking back up this huge hill. :) wooohooo!

Very nice!! :D

sept15lija
07-02-2010, 09:53 AM
OK well yesterday was our Canada Day bbq, and we were leaving early because the kids were tired, and my sister told us to go into the kitchen before we left where all the desserts were laid out, including brownies which is a huge weakness for me....we decided not to go through the kitchen, lol. Anyways a baby step but every little bit helps!

ubergirl
07-02-2010, 10:57 AM
OK well yesterday was our Canada Day bbq, and we were leaving early because the kids were tired, and my sister told us to go into the kitchen before we left where all the desserts were laid out, including brownies which is a huge weakness for me....we decided not to go through the kitchen, lol. Anyways a baby step but every little bit helps!

Liz, not a baby step at all... what I've learned on this journey so far is that it is ALL ABOUT behavior. Pretty soon, you'll start to duck away from desserts as a matter of habit-- you won't even need to think about it, and it makes everything so much easier.

sept15lija
07-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Liz, not a baby step at all... what I've learned on this journey so far is that it is ALL ABOUT behavior. Pretty soon, you'll start to duck away from desserts as a matter of habit-- you won't even need to think about it, and it makes everything so much easier.

You're right!! I remember it being such a habit when I was losing before. It became easy after a while to stay on plan...it just felt so good to feel and look better!

Shmead
07-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Today is one year on plan for me. I've had some indulgences, don't get me wrong, but it's a year since I started on remaking my life. What a difference a year makes!

ubergirl
07-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Today is one year on plan for me. I've had some indulgences, don't get me wrong, but it's a year since I started on remaking my life. What a difference a year makes!

Wow! Congratulations, Shmead! That deserves a thread of it's own...:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::car rot::carrot::carrot:

dcapulet
07-03-2010, 01:18 AM
my pants are loose!!

and my husband says I've been less moody now that i've been eating WAY more veggies and whole foods :)

HokieLoki
07-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Today I decided to see exactly how far I walk my dog in the mornings by driving my car and checking the odometer... what I thought was around 5 miles is actually 6 and a half!!

time2lose
07-06-2010, 10:47 AM
This weekend when we were trying to figure out how to get all of us in DD's minivan, I was the one who climbed over my grandson's car seat to get into the little seat at the back.

Then at the dinner table, everyone told me to take the tight seat in the back corner that we call the "skinny seat"! I was comfortable there and it made it easy to refuse seconds of food because I couldn't get out anyway!

Ama Jen
07-09-2010, 12:59 AM
My NSV is that, twice now, I have picked up food for my brother (we hang out at his house a lot) from fast-food, and not gotten any for myself! He eats Wendy's constantly, and has the metabolism for it, and instead I've gotten a healthy choice meal and some french bread (not carb friendly, but it's my justified indulgence) from the store before I get there. Woohoo for mini-willpower :)

corgiXpaws
07-09-2010, 01:01 AM
I wore a shirt today that my MIL bought for me that way wayyyyy too tight to wear out when she gave it to me... and it fit perfectly! :carrot:

JMfan
07-09-2010, 01:03 AM
All my size 18 jeans are way too big. I look very thuggish these days lol
Hey, this gal can't stand belts

Sandi
07-11-2010, 10:21 AM
*bump*

lovemyboy
07-11-2010, 10:54 AM
I tried on a size large skirt at the store yesterday. It was too big.

calluna
07-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Yesterday I went shopping at Value Village to help with next size down clothes...some of the tops were LARGE, not XL! I was shocked. I don't think it is a trend yet, but at least I can see Large on the horizon!

time2lose
07-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey ya'll. I know we have enough NSVs to keep this thread on page 1! :) Small NSVs are just fine.

Here is mine.

This morning while taking my normal walk while on break, 2 people made comments. I got a "You are looking fantastic." and a "Looking great!"

It is really kind of funny. My weight loss has really slowed down but I am getting more comments than ever! They really do help.

JMfan
07-15-2010, 01:06 PM
My gut doesn't stick out further than my boobs now:D

Loving Me
07-15-2010, 01:18 PM
I went shopping and bought two pairs of combat trousers and three t-shirts, in a UK size 14!!!! And even better, one of those pairs of trousers are WHITE which I've never dared to wear, and I look HOT in them lol.

hpnodat
07-15-2010, 05:03 PM
This is not weight related but today is my 4 year anniversary of not smoking cigarettes!

jigglefree
07-15-2010, 06:06 PM
I can walk straight in the bathroom stalls at the gym and sit on the toilet...I used to go in sideways, do a three point turn and plop down on a very low toilet.

My belly doesn't stick out further than my boobs either.

When I'm driving I can actually look down and see my legs and not my belly in my lap.

A skirt I wore in May was fitted and now it's pretty loose. I will wash it to see what happens after I take it out of the dryer. If it's loose I'm going to run around the house screaming.

lookin2lose
07-15-2010, 06:33 PM
my favorite jeans are too big now...I posted an NSV about them about 2 months ago when I could finally pull them up and button them. Wore them last weekend and my friend told me that it was about time to pass them down to her. Can't complain, but I'm just not ready to give them up...they are my absolute fave pair of jeans and I'm not ready to let them go just yet...it feels good when they are loose!

time2lose
07-16-2010, 09:10 AM
One of my small goals is to be able to wrap a towel around me, so this morning I thought that I would try. It went around me but there was only about an inch of overlap so I couldn't tuck it on where it would stay. However, that is progress and I am please. :)

tymaboy
07-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Last summer right before vacation I bought new shorts cuz my old ones were too tight. Those new shorts are falling off this yr (about 20lbs lost) & my old shorts are my confy shorts again.

Monday was 1st attempt at running in a few yrs & I was able to make it farther then the last time I attempted. Tue I ran again & made improvements from my Monday run.

I was looking in the mirror last nite. I could see a curve where my waist line is.

ubergirl
07-16-2010, 09:54 AM
I pressed on my side to see why that bulge of fat was sticking out... it was the edge of my rib cage!

I bought a leather jeans belt a few months ago, and I was so excited that it was an XL not a 1X. I never wore belts because my stomach was so big that I always had to untuck my shirts. Lately I've been wearing it on the tightest hole, but yesterday, I noticed that even on the tightest hole it's too big.

Lindifer
07-17-2010, 12:54 PM
I have collarbones! More like collarbumps as you can't see the whole things yet, but there is definitely something there now. :dance:

MamaP
07-19-2010, 05:16 PM
I have a few NSV's this month so far . . .

First, I visited my daughter and her family (July 4-13) and even though it is super hot and humid there, I was able to take my 19-month old grandson to the park several times and run and play without a problem. He especially liked it when I ran while I pushed him in his car (one of those riding toys with a long handle for you to push with). He would get in, look back at my feet, then look up at me and grin. Second, my plane was late getting in to Charlotte, NC and my connecting flight was boarding as the plane I was on was landing. I ran the length of two terminals to catch my flight and was not out of breath (or dripping with sweat) when I got there.

Lastly, and probably my favorite . . . . Last night I went over to my ex-husband's house to drop off photos of the grandkids that I brought home with me and he, in front of his current wife, asked me to give her diet advice because "obviously, what YOU are doing is working." Don't get me wrong, I like his wife and felt bad for her that he did that (even though he says he's just concerned for her health), it did make me feel pretty good. He also asked me what I think he should be doing differently because he needs to lose some weight too.

ubergirl
07-20-2010, 01:23 AM
I was running when a really pretty very slim lady came on to the track. She was about my height and very thin and fit looking. She was running faster than me, but not by that much! In the past, I would have been embarrassed to share the track with her, but tonight, I was thinking that pretty soon, I'd keep up with her.

time2lose
07-20-2010, 10:53 PM
What great NSVs! MamaP, yours especially touched me because my grandchildren were one of my main reasons for losing weight. It is wonderful to play with them instead of sitting on the couch watching them!

My NSV for today. I work in an IT department and we are expected to take care of our PCs ourselves. However, about 3 years ago when I got my last PC, I had to get help setting it up because I could not crawl under my desk to take care of all the cords. Yesterday I got another PC and setting it up was no problem. Getting under that desk was easy!

MamaP
07-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks time2lose ~ my grandson (and now grandsons) are my greatest motivation. I want to create wonderful, life-lasting memories with them. :-) Also, I can totally relate to the crawling under the desk thing ~ been there, done that.

girlonfire
07-27-2010, 03:04 AM
BUMP

I didn't use flying as an excuse to pig out on junk food found in food courts. I don't know if anyone has ever done that: I tell myself "oh I'm flying I get a day off" and hit up the food court. Today, I brought some turkey jerky on the plane with me. I ate the whole bag, but it was only 240 cals. More sodium, but I am chugging water like mad!

Quail
07-27-2010, 03:35 AM
*I ran a mile for the first time in 7 years
*I can walk/run 5 miles a day without feeling like I'm going to die
*My thighs, which are normally HUGE, are getting smaller and my pants are visibly looser.

time2lose
07-29-2010, 02:44 PM
This morning when I walked across campus to a meeting, two people told me that I am looking great. The thing about this, I don't really know the people. I have seen them around but don't know who they are, if they work here or are students. However, they seem to know me. I have been told that people are watching my weight loss and it seems to be so. Kind of strange to think that people I don't know are noticing and watching.

Sandi
07-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Last night at dinner I ordered a plain grilled chicken sandwich. The place we went to has the best fries and I had the calories available to have them. But this is not just about calories, it's about being healthier so I skipped the fries and ate my apple!! :)