LA Weight Loss - July 2010

View Full Version : July 2010

Mama Nicole
07-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Good morning ladies.

I have an announcement :)

:carrot:I lost 13 lbs during the month of June:carrot:

If I did my math right, that makes for a 9% loss!!!! start 229, end 216. I feel like a brag queen....but I can't just go throwing that info around just anywhere......................so bear with me girls :)

My mini goal is to get back into Onederland.......and when I get there, I am going to buy myself something shmexy. Maybe it can happen by DH's b-day (Aug 19).....we'll see.

Have a great weeekend ladies!
XOXO

Kimphin
07-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Shmexy... LOL.

Congratulations!

JLem311
07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
yay Nicole!!! so freakin' proud of you!!!! you RULE!!

shshshhh
07-01-2010, 06:50 PM
That is awesome. Inspiration to us all, Nicole.
Love the shmexy.
Adding it to my dictionary. :D

Roberta

JLem311
07-02-2010, 08:43 AM
ok, now i have an announcement to make:

I MET MY GOAL!!! i'm officially at my pre-pregnancy weight that i was at in July 2008!!!! now on to the next goal!

shshshhh
07-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Go Jillian. This thread is pure insiration.

Roberta

Mama Nicole
07-02-2010, 10:43 PM
KICK *** GI Jillian!!!! I am very proud of you too :) xoxo

Mama Nicole
07-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Man, it seems as if this board went down to just the four of us.

JLem311
07-03-2010, 08:49 AM
i just wanted to pop in here and report that i can now fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans!!!!!!!!!! i guess all my working out for the past year has been paying off! i'm so freakin' excited!!

Mama Nicole
07-03-2010, 09:31 AM
WE want pictures, Jillian! WTG!!!!

juliemarie
07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Wow-Jillian and Nicole-congrats on your progress. Jillian-I am amazed at your perseverance!

I'll be back on the boards more cuz I will need your support. I've had some of the many appts I have to have before the surgery and have to lose 5% of my body weight prior to (about 16lbs)-which shouldn't be too much of a problem and I also need to start an exercise program which will be harder. Need to find things that don't make me hurt so much. So-this weekend is kinda busy but I'm going to get my kitchen in order and do some shopping and maybe stop by this new gym down the street that is advertising $15/month. I'm thinking an elliptical might work for me-as well as the bikes and rowing machine.

My goals with the nutritionist are:

More water
No more fast food (it's been awful since I move here to fast-food land-seriously, it's EVERYWHERE you turn!)
Start exercising
Use the "plate method"-1/4 lean meats/protein, 1/4 starch, 1/2 vegetables and fruit for dessert at dinnertime.
Frozen diet meals with fruit and salad at lunch
Protein shakes for breakfast.

They want you to lose weight to shrink the liver as much as possible to aid in the surgery.

Things are progressing really smoothly and this may actually happen in the fall!

JLem311
07-03-2010, 12:10 PM
you can do it, JM! i'm so proud of you for taking charge of your health with the steps you've taken already! :) and the list of goals is wonderful! making mini daily goals might help too, so you don't get too overwhelmed!
message me here or on FB anytime if you need anything! :) i'm backin' ya 1000% girlie!

mj2007
07-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Happy 4th of july to the neighbors...hope everyone having fun!

shshshhh
07-05-2010, 01:14 AM
I'll be back on the boards more cuz I will need your support. I've had some of the many appts I have to have before the surgery and have to lose 5% of my body weight prior to (about 16lbs)-which shouldn't be too much of a problem and I also need to start an exercise program which will be harder. Need to find things that don't make me hurt so much. So-this weekend is kinda busy but I'm going to get my kitchen in order and do some shopping and maybe stop by this new gym down the street that is advertising $15/month. I'm thinking an elliptical might work for me-as well as the bikes and rowing machine.

My goals with the nutritionist are:

More water
No more fast food (it's been awful since I move here to fast-food land-seriously, it's EVERYWHERE you turn!)
Start exercising
Use the "plate method"-1/4 lean meats/protein, 1/4 starch, 1/2 vegetables and fruit for dessert at dinnertime.
Frozen diet meals with fruit and salad at lunch
Protein shakes for breakfast.
!

I am copying your goals, JulieMarie - thanks for posting them. What gym is offering $15/month? I would love that rate and since we are so close .....

:carrot::carrot:Keep up the good work everyone.:carrot::carrot:

Roberta

juliemarie
07-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Roberts- It's on Cornell and 160th(ish)-it used to be a 24 hr fitness but it moved and the new one is called The Edge-which sounds like a bodybuilder gym or something. But I think I'll stop in and check it out.

Hoochie
07-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Wow! Way to go Nicole and Jillian. You girls are awesome! Well I am leaving for Mexico on Friday for two weeks. My goal is to not gain weight on holidays. I probably wont lose any weight unless I am sweating to death but other than that I just dont want to come home heavier! I am really looking forward to a couple of weeks by the pool just chillin. My DH and I are planning on going for walks in the morning but I guess we will see how hot it is there first...haha.

Joan

shshshhh
07-05-2010, 07:35 PM
JulieMarie
Thanks I know exactly where you mean. The new 24 Hr. Fitness place is right around the corner. Will go by there this week. I would really love a place with a pool and keep hoping that LA Fitness near Freddies will lower their rates. Wow - there are so many tempting fast food places near there, not the least being the dreaded Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I gain 5 pounds just driving down Cornell. :D

There is so much love and inspiration on this board that it has kept me honest for the first time in over two years. After TO, I have actually been OP. I really like the idea of alternating between Purple on the weekends, Blue on Mon, Wed and Fri and Gold on Tuesday and Thursdays. So much positive information about calorie switching to fool your body out of "diet" mode and getting used to the same amount of calories every day, today is a Blue today. Will see how the scale likes it in another week.

Have a great week everyone and keep up the great work.

Roberta

Joni135
07-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Hi there.......I was updating my FitDay stats (hadn't been on that site in 2 years) and decided to come back to familiar territory! Not doing LAWL, but I am going to try and do a calorie count and exercise program to shed, uh, 40 lbs. Fitday said my BMI is 31, so I'm officially 'not fit.' Just writing down what I eat is so key for me and seeing those calories add up is a real eye opener. I've been lazy lately and need to get off my arse and take care of me first and everyone/everything else second.

Congrats Nicole on a great month of weight loss - doing anything in particular or just smart choices; and Jillian you look amazing (saw that picture in FB!!). Roberta, I don't do the LAWL plan, but it really is a good, smart plan. I just need to figure out a plan for life.....and I don't want it to be too complex.

Julie - I'll be working right there with you to get rid of those first 15-16 lbs. Curious (to Julie) - can you do walks or do you have knee issues? Just curious if walking is an option for you?

Hoochie
07-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Okay well three more days till vacation.....yipppeee!!
Last week I finished my boot camp but I am going to do a drop in class tonight just so I can get my butt kicked one more time before vacation. This way I can have an extra beer maybe...haha
Catch up with everyone when I get back from Huatulco.
Keep losing weight girls...whohoo!!

Joan

juliemarie
07-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Hey Joni! I think i'll also be entering in my food on Fitday too-to see where my calorie count is at. Hope I remember my log in info!

I do have knee issues and walking can be pretty painful-especially after the fact. I did walk with Josie while she rode her bike the other eve and was gimping pretty good by the end of it-but it wasn't too bad the next morning. Anytime I've tried walking as exercise (more purposeful)-my knee and my plantar fasciatis (sp?) have bothered me-even the 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds! So-hopefully it will get better as I lose . . . .

Joni135
07-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Well, Fitday confirmed what I already knew...I'm a carb addict....I should be having around 1300 calories and BANG, before I could blink an eye I was up to 1500. Word to the wise, don't ever order a calzone! I brought leftovers home yesterday and ate about 1/2 calzone for lunch. 1/2 was over 700 calories. egads! I need to enter my calories BEFORE I eat...I swear I would have put that thing in the garbage...it really wasn't even that good. BUT, I do know that if I hadn't been logging my food, my dinner meal would have been just as bad. instead I had 3 oz of turkey and a big salad. Then I walked the dog for 30 minutes which only burned 90 caloreis, but it was better than nuttin! Tomorrow I'm going to focus on protein....

Julie - nothing worse than knee AND foot problems. I've had both, but thankfully not together. The only thing I could do when my foot bothered me was bike riding. I actually got into cycle classes for a while and should revsit those soon! Talk about a good sweat! Hope you figure out something that works for you without too much discomfort. I'm exciting to watch your progress; seems like just yesterday we were all part of your adoption journey! When you put your mind to it...you can do it!

Mama Nicole
07-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Have a blast, Joan! I am super happy for you, and a bit jealous..... :)

JM....fitday really can be a good tool. I logged my foods, honestly, for 2 days before I started getting serious again. I was appalled. I was in a real bad way, but was up into 3 and 4 thousand calories. Eeeeeee. I also love how you can see your carb/protein/fat balance, and can even check to see, if over time, you are lacking or eating in excess of RDA recommendatons. Very cool. It made me realize that I really do need to eat a multi-vitamin. I do balance pretty good, but still lack in a few areas.

Joni....really, 1300 cals? That sounds kind of low....although I didn't really look at your stats....ha ha ha. I have been kind of switching it up between 1500 and 1800 cals, but I do have some days that are only around 1200 (not many). I also try to eat alot of my cals by the time lunch is over. I don't really plan to continue counting cals forever, but I SOOO needed the reality check. I do love that LAWL wants you to eat so many exchanges of each food, and I try to incorporate that with the calorie counting. A calzone sounds rather tasty, by the way.

Oh, and JM, I stocked up my freezer with frozen diet meals a while back, and it really is helping me. The sodium is kind of high, but I had to get honest with myself, and a lot of the time, I was going to pick up carry out or the horrid drive thru cuz I just didn't want to fix any more food that day. This is a healthier option.....and it is working out.....and.....it's got to be better for my kids than a happy meal, right?

Ok, going to make a smoothie before bed, which is not ideal, but I have the cals available, and I hate going to bed hungry!!!!
XOXO

shshshhh
07-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Congrats Nicole on a great month of weight loss - doing anything in particular or just smart choices; and Jillian you look amazing (saw that picture in FB!!). Roberta, I don't do the LAWL plan, but it really is a good, smart plan. I just need to figure out a plan for life.....and I don't want it to be too complex.

Joni
I like LAWL because the portion control and allowed food groups works for me. I know what you mean about finding a plan for life, I have spent too much time with the "f" factor, "finagling" the foods until I find what I like and it seems that the calorie count (I so felt your calzone "pain") was out of range for me, which is why LAWL works for me. I love this board for that reason, people are sharing what works for them and maybe in that sharing we find something that will also work for us.

Keeping it honest and posting on this board is an important part of my program. WHen I post, even if I don't post what I ate, I am accountable.

Have a wonderful week.
Roberta

JLem311
07-07-2010, 08:43 AM
morning all. wanted to check in and say hi before my day gets crazy. it's good to see people are doing well and focusing on making their lives better!
i'm down again and have lowered my goal, just a mini one, but i'll keep lowering my ticker as i see fit.

and yes, fitday is wonderful. i've been using it for a few months now too. and the last time i got on it before then, was in 2007 and i was over 230lbs. :) so i've come a long way since then.

Mama Nicole
07-07-2010, 09:52 AM
WOW, Jillian.....how exciting :) Pete is going to flip when he gets home!!!! Keep the positive vibes coming, girl....it truly is contagious...........and also........so delighted to see how engaged you are, in life in general, during this deployment. It speakss volumes about your character :).

Roberta...I love this board too. It has always been my go to for WL and friendship. And, isn't it so nice to have a place where you can share your victories and struggles so openly?

Ok, have to get this day moving along.
XOXO

Joni135
07-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes - many of us seem to come back to this board, don't we.

Roberta - I've tried just about everything too, and in all honesty, what works for me today may not work for me tomorrow, but if I don't do something, I'll regret it later. Geez - if I ever get to my goal weight, I wonder what I will obsess about?

Nicole - I just noticed your link to FitDay, so I went and added mine to my profile as well. As far as my calorie count, there are a number of things that made me come up with that number - after you turn 50, your metabolism really slows down. Mine has big time! If I stick with 1300 calories, I don't give myself room for too many treats - I have to think and be wise with my calories to get all my nutrition in; If I have a more active day, I'll give myself a little slack, but activity hasn't been my strong suit lately (although I did get to the gym this morning).

Well, I guess if I'm going to get protein in today, I better go hard boil some eggs.

Jillian - you do look great! I swear if Tim were to deploy, I may have better luck with this whole weight loss thing.....BUT last night I decided that he has two choices for dinner - eat my healthy choice dinners or he can stop and grab himself whatever he wants on his way home from work! Hopefully he'll choose the first option, but he's a fast-food junkie so we'll see.

mj2007
07-07-2010, 10:47 AM
hey all :)...good to see this forum buzzing

JLem311
07-07-2010, 12:41 PM
thanks for the compliments ladies. :) i appreciate the kind words. it's just something i've turned into a lifestyle for myself and i work on it everyday. i enjoy being healthy and setting a positive example for my kids and others around me.
you're right nicole, it is contagious!

and Joni, i hope your DH chooses your dinner too!

juliemarie
07-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Good morning! Poor fitday didn't know what to do with me-the last time I was on I was almost 100lbs lighter! ugh.

I did fabulous yesterday-until I got home from work. I didn't throw food out before I started-figured for dinner I would just work on portion control and then shop smarter in the future. Can't afford to just throw stuff out. However-I'm not very good with portion control! I need to have a snack when I get home (I bought some fiber bars) and call it good to dinnertime. Otherwise I tend to graze. Also-I want to snack while I watch TV-such a bad habit. I want to want to snack on raw veggies, but . . ..it just doesn't happen. I used pretzel sticks last nite-which really isn't too bad. But it's still mindless snacking . . .

I did pass up ice cream when I got some for Josie-so that was my victory in the evening.

I love you guys! I never have to make things sound better than they are on here and can totally be honest in my flubs. Here's to a better day today!

BTW-I really got into my protein shakes when I was following that every other day diet (still a good diet-but I got soooo tired of the apples and boring dinners). They are really good and filling and give me tons of energy and protein.

I blend 2 scoops of whey protein with 8 oz of choc unsweetened almond breeze, a banana, a cup of raw spinach, ice, and maybe a couple tsp of flax oil. You can mix it up with vanilla almond breeze and other fruits and sweeten with stevia as needed. Or a stalk or 2 of celery instead of spinach. You can also you soy protein-I discovered it makes me break out though.

BarbaraB
07-07-2010, 09:47 PM
I had a great time on my cruise to Alaska. The scenery was fabulous, the food on the cruise was amazing, and I allowed myself a week long splurge. I went with my husband and my two sisters and their husbands and my dad and nephew, so there was quite a group of us.

The day after I got back, I signed up for Weight Watchers online. So far I think it is a good thing. I like the bonus points idea so you can vary your calories from one day to the next, as I tend to eat more on the weekends. I also think that the activity points will work well for me, since sometimes my activity level can vary widely. Sometimes there are periods where you just can't work out, and other times there are periods where you are way more active than normal. So this seems like it may work for me. I do love LAWL and feel it was very helpful for me, but it was rather rigid wanting you to do the same thing from day to day and week to week, and my life does not always work out that way.

JM, when my weight was down my plantar faceatis (I also don't know the spelling) totally disappeared. I regained some pounds and it came right back and is worse. It is one of my main motivations for taking the pounds back off. I'm excited to hear how the surgery goes for you. Hope the 16 pounds are not too hard to lose.

Jillian and Nicole are doing so great! You are inspiring me!

Kimphin
07-08-2010, 08:14 AM
JM - passing on the ice cream is a HUGE NSV!!! I had plantar fascitis once - what a killer. I've been veeeery careful with running on the treadmill ever since, and I stretch constantly.

Joni - so I can look forward to my metabolism slowing down EVEN MORE after 50? What good news <not>, since 40 seemed to absolutely slow it to a halt.

This heat wave has done wonders for weight loss, since it is too hot to eat. Salads rule! I had to play in a golf tournament yesterday, and it was brutally hot - drank lots of water and drove the cart in circles to keep a breeze going!

Good to see everyone posting and beign successful! Keep it up girls!

JLem311
07-08-2010, 08:40 AM
morning Kim, and everyone else who pops in here today.

i've been debating what to do with my ticker..do i update it to my highest weight and then to my current mini goal? or do i update it with my current weight to my mini goal? i'm so happy with all i've accomplished over the past 7yrs (with 3 pregnancies in there!!) so i'm not sure.

anyways, i've taking up a new obsession: running. since my apartment has a gym in it right down the hall, i've become in love with the treadmill. but i need some new, better running shoes since it seems that when i run more than 2 days in a row my right hip starts to hurt a bit. (or is that me aging?)

so yeah, that's all i've got for the day. i've been baking my freakin' face off for the past few days now for my DH and his buddies over in Afghanistan. i've become quite famous over these cookies i make..it's all they can talk about when they know i'm baking. it's cute. :)

hope everyone has a good, productive day.

Dan2112
07-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi everybody!

I know, I know.. Long time gone... Hope you're all doing well...

Things have been crazy in my life for the past few months. Work has been nuts.. I've also fallen off the wagon a bit, so I'm working to get back on track. I have a 5 month plan with a co-worker to drop a bunch of weight by Christmas, so we'll see how it goes.

Right now I'm compiling all my old LAWL data and books.. Wish I had more of it, but it looks like some got tossed out. Grrrr....

Anyway, I hope all is going well!!

Be one with your POP!!

Dan

mj2007
07-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey ladies & Dan :)

Good to see everyone OP(whatever that plan is)!The best thing is to find something that works for YOU.This board is great for info and advices...take in what you like, forget what you don't!No pressures...

I do not post regularly these days...because I am no longer actively trying to lose.That does not mean I am tired or bored of this forum...I still enjoy hanging out here very much!I am losing like 2-3 lbs a month. That is not much to report...i know.

Take care...& keep up the good work!
P.S....if anyone needs any tips plz feel free to PM me!

LissaM
07-08-2010, 04:59 PM
OK, I guess I can call myself an old-newbie? New to this board but I was on LAWL "back in the day". I lost 50 lbs with a LAWL center about 2 years before my son was born...that was *cough, cough* 11 years ago *cough, cough*. I've been up and down and back up for the past decade. Makes me sound really old but I'm only 35 :) I found this plan again and realized that it's the only plan that really worked for me. I start quick start/take-off...whatever it's called now...last Tuesday. For me, it was 2 days of misery but it has a great way of motivating you to not have to do it again! I'm down 5 lbs of the 50 I want to lose.

I've been lurking this past week and you all are very supportive and informative. I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with you!

Lissa

Joni135
07-08-2010, 08:41 PM
MJ - you have done great!
Lissa - welcome!! Good luck and come here often for tips and support.
OMG - it's the salt police...funny you showed up Dan, I've had too much fun with my Sea Salt lately.....love that stuff.

Jillian - I, too, like my treadmill...but need to move a bit quicker on it. Definitely find the right shoes because if your hip is hurting now, it's going to hurt a whole lot more. Cookies sound yummy right about now! You are doing a good thing keeping the boys happy...Also, I would keep my high weight and just alter your goal weight until you are happy with it. If you go below, the graph will show it. Then you have a little wiggle room. You have done great. Of course stretching afterwards is helpful too....google for some good post running stretches.
"drank lots of water and drove the cart in circles to keep a breeze going!" - oh Kim, you continue to crack me up!

JLem311
07-09-2010, 11:10 AM
hello all. :) hope everyone had a good week and an even better weekend. i'm not doing anything at all! i've been running around doing errands and baking all week, so i'm exhausted..and so is my baby girl!
so we're going to be relaxing at home. DD and DS will be hanging out on saturday for awhile too.

Mama Nicole
07-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Jillian...that is one **** of a ticker. :) Very, very good.

JLem311
07-09-2010, 12:01 PM
thanks, Nicole! i figured i'd just put my highest weight on there. it's nice to see how far i've come over the years.

i see your ticker is moving right along too. i'm not even sure what i want my end goal to be yet, but i've got time to decide. :)

juliemarie
07-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Good morning ladies! I finally had a victory with late night snacking last night-only took me 3 days! ha . . I also went to bed at 10! :) Oh well, whatever works.

Getting in more water in the form of Crystal Lite-but need to up my pure water intake. We had a lab lunch yesterday at Macaroni Grill and i did pretty good-had a yummy huge grilled chicken and cappellini entree-yes, pasta-but not too much and it was tossed with grape tomatoes and some mozz .. .yummy. I love how they had the calories noted for each entree-I had enough room to have a little bread also . ..

Busy day today-but I want to stop by that gym tomorrow and check it out. My legs have been aching so much in the mornings its hard to imagine exercising but I need to give it a shot. I also need to find out how much advil I can take in a day without blowing my liver! ;)

Great to see some faces back on here! Have a wonderful Friday!

Mama Nicole
07-09-2010, 03:12 PM
JM...I take aleve so I don't have to remember to take advil so many times a day.....I take it twice a day. I self prescribed it, oh, about a year ago, and then verified it was ok with my doc in Jan. And yeah, she totally laughed at me for telling on myself. I was also told by the Walgreen's pharmacist that it takes up to 2 weeks before you get any of the anti inflamitory effects...and I KNEW I would never remember to take advil around the clock for two full weeks...ha ha. My doc said it (along with advil) is one of the safer anti inf....so I was pretty glad I guessed right.

Jillian.....I know where I want to end up mostly cuz I weighed 140 through most of my late 20's and early 30's. I may have to adjust it when I get closer to goal....we'll see.....since I am going to be 40 this year. Eeeeee.

Joni135
07-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Dr. Nicole - tell me about Aleve vs Advil...when I take advil (something hurts, major headache-not on any regular basis), I sometimes take 4 pills = 800 mg which is basically a prescription strength pill dose. But I'm tempted lately to take something at night because my body just aches and wakes me up. I know it's all weight related and/or what I eat (vs anything like fibromyalgia) so I'm curious if Aleve would help me.

Guess I could just try it and report back......

Holy toledo Jillian - you've come a LONG LONG way....when the heck did you weigh x20?

I'm doing good with my fitday log and exercise this week. Not saying my food choices are all perfect, but they would be a lot worse if I were not tracking! I am still a carb addict.....I'm going to have to do some serious planning to get in some high protein days.....I see lots of tuna fish, egg whites and yogurt on the menu. BTW, I tried Greek organic yogurt for the first time today (vanilla flavor) and I hated it...tasted like sour cream to me. $1.50 right down the drain. I'll stick to my tasty yoplait lights - thank you!

juliemarie
07-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Joni-I love the greek yogurt! Just recently tried it. It's a great way to get in the protein. Of course, I like sour cream too, so . . .

Had a few obstacles today-plans that changed last minute and went out the window-plus indulged in a Jamba Juice cuz I was soo hot and it sounded like heaven on earth at the moment. It kinda was too . .

So-this week I learned I cannot have "cheat" foods in the house. I was hoping I could eat them in moderation-but either I can't, or I'm just not there yet. Maybe when I get some momentum going. But for now-can't have them around.

I did find a great treat for me when Josie has her ice cream-the WW latte ice cream bar-sooo good. And only 1 point or 90cals. I guess they make a fudge bar too I'll have to try. I usually never liked the lite or diet ice cream treats-they were so small and the texture was weird. But this was a good size and really creamy coffee ice cream-thumbs up!

Mama Nicole
07-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Mmmmm, JM...how about the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches? They are real, they have sugar, they are a decent size, but still, they are 140 cals and maybe 2 or 3 grams of fat. I have been keeping them around, and have realized that it is ok to have one, even one every day if I really want to...but just one a day. That is HUGE for me. I will admit though, I just started feeling comfortable with this idea, and I have been OP since June 4th. Also, plain old ice pops are not a bad idea for you AND the kid. Most of them only have 25 calories. Just a thought. I feel ya though....I have all too often been an all or nothing girl...but I am trying to grow up....and it is NOT easy.

Jillian found this great thingie on webmd...check it out : http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus

And also this, although I couldn't get it to work for me last night...will try again later : http://www.webmd.com/diet/diet-health-check/default.htm

Joni../I take my Aleve (I take the generic stuff...wayyyy cheaper) every morning and before bed. I take 2, for a total of 440 mg. My doc ok'd that amount....but you might want to ask the pharmacist (they are way more helpful than they let on...and way under utilized). Anyway....I have been taking it for a while now. I mostly notice my knees and lower back are dulled. some days they barely hurt...but not always. My doc says I am getting osteo.....which is not a shock. I was worried about taking so much medicne, and stopped for about 2 weeks a while back....and my knees were awful at night. I felt like I had restless leg syndrome cuz I just kept adjusting my legs and trying to get comfy. and let me tell ya....I usually fall asleep in less than 5 mins...which totally pisses DH off...ha ha. I remind him that I am on my feet most of the day, and outside and physically busy from the time I get up until about 2 hours before bed. Anyway....sorry, I so often distract myself :) . So, if you decide to take it, you may find 1 (which is the recommended dose) is enough for you, and maybe some tylenol on the side on bad nights....who knows. Just make sure you give it at least two weeks to decide if it is helping. And if you are anything like me, you won;'t really think it is helping until you stop taking it...ha ha. There really is no need to suffer at night like that, if something as simple as two aleve a day can make it better :)

Ok, sorry about the motherly medical bossiness. I just can't help myself sometimes. TOM is knocking on my door, and I am really ready for him to just show up already. I am down 1.6 lbs this week, so that is good...but I feel kind of puffy and miserable.

Ok, really have to go now....but I almost forgot

Mama Nicole
07-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Welcome to our little circle of losers...some of us more losery than others :)

And DAN......good to see you, my friend (OMG I sound just like John McCain! lol). Keep us posted on your progress!

Ok, really leaving now :)
XOXO

JLem311
07-10-2010, 12:32 PM
i take advil, i think i take 3 in the morning and 3 at night. because i have lots of pain in my right wrist from holding the baby's bottle constantly (thankfully that's over!) but from being on the computer and doing other things it hurts if i don't take the advil on a regular basis. (like nicole said, 2wks before you feel the complete effects) my dr thinks it's just fine, so i'm not too worried about switching aleve.

and i like ice cream, but my lactose intolerance doesn't. it's one of the short list of animal/dairy products that i do have on occasion. that and cheese on pizza.

and i love fitday and webmd, but am slowly realizing that i need to eat more. due to my lifestyle and exercise..it looks as if i'm not eating enough. so i need to up that and i'll be losing better in no time!

anyway, i must go for now.

JLem311
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
oh and joni--i was at my highest weight in july 2003, when i delivered my DD.
and i'm happy to say that i'll NEVER be at that weight again. :)

shshshhh
07-11-2010, 12:01 AM
So good to see everyone hanging out here. You continue to amaze and inspire me. Even with our setbacks, keep going, like the little train that could.

I cannot keep red light foods in the house either. I must confess I am not even to the point where I can keep a package of WW or other light ice cream treats, if I buy one I just buy the single serving and enjoy it because to bring the whole package home, they will all be gone. I used to do it anyway and as i was inhaling the last of the 5 or 6 in the package be so angry at myself for not having and will power but now I just know, that is who I am, good or bad, I am only fooling myself if I think I can trust myself with a package. Maybe one day this will change but not any time in the near future. :D

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. We had an emergency earthquake simulation communication drill today and I am wiped out. We tested our ham radios to see if we could transmit drill practice 911 calls to the 911 centers with our ham radios. It was a state-wide drill and it went very well.

Nighty night all
Roberta

Joni135
07-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Nicole/Jillian - uh, thanks (I think) for the WebMD link. I now have to cut down to 1200 calories a day! (and Nicole, you thought 1300 was too low!). PLUS, I have to work out everyday if I want to get healthy. Really doesn't surprise me so this week I'll aim for 1200 healthy calories!

Roberta - I'm right there with you. I can eat ALL the frozen novelties in a box of 'healthy' ice cream bars. My fav are she Skinny Cow truffle things...yum! Now, I'm craving ice cream. May have to run to Dairy Queen for a 50 calorie, Sugard free fudge bar..............

mj2007
07-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Joni and Roberta- It is a good idea not to keep any "offenders" in the fridge or pantry until you get into the control mindset. There is no shame in it...I did that in the beginning of my program too!Gradually, you'll see that your carb/sweet cravings will become lesser and lesser.
It is possible to shrink our stomach by eating less or extend it by eating more, over time.Now, I can't more than 1 slice of bread/1/2 pita or more than 1/2 a jacket potato during a meal...I feel my tummy going to burst, honestly.

Another trick to control carb intake is to eat your veggies first. I eat my plate of salads first before I reach for the pizza slice or hotdog. That way, my body automatically knows when to stop.

Debbie24
07-11-2010, 06:03 PM
wow its been a long time since i've been on here! Glad to see some familiar faces.

So since i've been gone i've had my 4th child, she's 5.5 months old and i'm trying to get with the program once again.

I started the jillian michaels 30 day shred last week and i'm incorporating LAWL in my life but i'm not being super strict, i'm making it a lifestyle change and using what i've learned to make changes I can live with not use it as a diet for a short period so I can get to my goal. I'm hoping this works but i'm not in a rush like I was in previous attempts so i'm hoping that helps.

So stats...: start weight 6/28/10 174.2, goal 140.

Everyone seems to be doing awesome! Hope i'm able to be active around here but no promises, the little miss keeps me quite busy and the 3 boys are more active than ever.

Mama Nicole
07-11-2010, 09:45 PM
So I was going to wait until the a.m. to post, but I had to just say congratulations Debbie!!!!!!! You got a girl...how lucky you are!!!! Welcome back....and I am LOVING your attitude :) I did not have another baby, but am still here working hard..ha ha ha. I have a much better attitude this time around, and it is really helping me. We are going to need to see some pictures of this new baby, and do tell us her name!!!!

JLem311
07-11-2010, 10:00 PM
hey debbie!!! yay for a girl! glad to see you hop back on here!

my 3rd and last baby (girl) just turned 1yr old in April. :) and i'm happy to say that i'm back to my pre-preg weight just this past week! so it's totally doable to make it a lifestyle change. i love that you're in the right mindset. that really helps!

congrats again and yes, fill us in on the name and a pic!

Kimphin
07-12-2010, 12:35 PM
BTW, I tried Greek organic yogurt for the first time today (vanilla flavor) and I hated it...tasted like sour cream to me. $1.50 right down the drain. I'll stick to my tasty yoplait lights - thank you!

I loove greek yogurt - only the Fage 2% though, the rest does taste too sour for me. I don't eat it straight, though - I add some SF torani syrup (carmel or chocolate flavor) or I add splenda if I bring it to work. I told DH that it was like eating frosting, so he tried it and told me I was insane. I have used it in recipes too, I mix a little with pesto to make a creamy dressing (don't do it ahead of time -it doesn't keep well)

Kimphin
07-12-2010, 12:57 PM
It's good to hear from everyone, new and old - Congrats Debbie - a girl!!!!

Jillian - you have already decided, I know, but I agree - you should put the whole journey on your ticker -that's some impressive stuff right there!

I am a fan of 800mg advil. A big fan. Glucosamine/chondroitin is also a good supplement to take for achy joints - it has to get built up in your system, but both DH and I notice a difference when we take it.

Down 2lbs over the weekend - unheard of for me! We leave for vaca next saturday, but I am usually more active and eat better there than when I am at work/home.

JLem311
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
hello all..just wanted to pop in here for a second. i changed my avatar pic to a recent one. :) my hair is growing super super fast!

i met my first mini goal of 175 as of this morning, so on to the next goal of 170!

thanks kim, i thought that even though, i was pregnant at my highest weight, it still counts and i'm come SO FAR since then. :) so i figured i deserved to see my huge ticker accomplishment! makes me happy to see it.

Debbie24
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
aww you ladies are sweet, i'm so glad to be back and doing this again. I'm feeling soo good about it.

The baby's name is Kaylin. I'm attaching a pic of all my babies, its a huge difference in the boys from my avatar. I think the youngest was about 9mo or so in that pic.

Debbie24
07-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Nicole sounds like you're doing great, we can do this together!

Jillian congrats on your baby girl and wtg you are doing awesome!! You look great hun!

Kim woo hoo for being down 2! Nice start to the week.

JLem311
07-12-2010, 02:07 PM
your kids are adorable, debbie! :) cute name! will you remind me of the boy's names again and the ages? i'm forgetful.
i posted a pic in my profile that was taken in may, right before my DH left.
my oldest DD, Julia will be 7yrs old in a few weeks, Jagger will be 5yrs old in November and Xanthia turned 1yr old in April.

Debbie24
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Jillian thank you, you have a beautiful family.

Ryan is 6, Aryn is 4.5 and Dylan will be 3 next monday.

Been quiet here today, where is everyone?

Nicole wow was that 13lbs in 1 month?? Thats awesome! Hoping July is great for you also.

Joni135
07-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Debbie - belated congrats on your baby girl...love your July 4th family photo.
Our stats are very close - height, current weight, goal weight. But, I've not had any kids and I'm 52.....
Check in often and let's compare notes through the journey. I'm counting calories right now via Fitday.....not sure how I'll do, but it's better than not tracking anything!

Jillian - love your new picture.....

Gotta go log my fitday stuff...Happy Monday.

Mama Nicole
07-12-2010, 09:05 PM
So, Debbie....you are a very busy Mama!!! Do you find your living room or family room to become a WWF ring at certain times of the day with those boys? They are ALL so cute :) I don't know if you were here when I inherited a granddaughter, but she is two, and our household is wild and crazy still. :) Yeah, it was 13 lbs in one month, but the first month is often like that for me. It has already started to slow down. I am very much enjoying using fitday to count calories and keep my balance in check. It is time consuming, but I am learning to become more selfish. It sounds so weird to say that, but it is the only way I can really stick with this....to admit and embrace the fact that I have to be a bit more selfish and take better care of me....along with the rest of them :)

Joni....sorry about that webmd disaster. Just for the record, I think they are FOS. :)

Kim...congrats on your weekend loss! Is it still hotter than heck over there?

MJ....I eat my veggies first too :)

Ok, have to put the littles to bed now...thank goodness. I have been a fisherman's widow since the 3rd....darn that Cananda fly in fishing....
XOXO

charmtime
07-12-2010, 09:08 PM
mama nicole...thx for sharing those web md sites...they are awesome

Mama Nicole
07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Charmtime...you are very welcome...I found them very helpful too....and so I must give credit where credit is due, and say,

Thank you, Jillian, for sharing the webmd links with me, and for everything you do to support me :)

Debbie24
07-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Nicole ~ Yes it is a madhouse here! LOL we dont let the boys watch wrestling but its instincts for boys I guess. My middle one well the 2nd one is a fighter and he's soo darn active, he goes non stop all day. Its like I dont have any kids when he's asleep.

Yes I was around when your granddaughter was born, I cannot believe she's 2 already? Man does time fly.

I know what you mean, I barely have time for myself and sometimes I do have to be selfish too but not very often. I would love to start counting cals to make sure i'm getting enough. Maybe one day i'll get it started and track a few days atleast because honestly I dont think i'm taking in as much as I should especially since i'm breastfeeding and exercising. I think that could make losing really hard and i'm already noticing that. I weighed myself after 1 week of exercising and I think I was down like .4lbs or something crazy like that but its going to take my body some time to get used to it so i'm not discouraged. I just need to find a balance to make sure i'm getting all the cals I need. Hubby thinks i'm starving my body since I go about 12hrs from dinner to breakfast without eating but thats just when I have the time to sit and have something. Thats life huh?

Joni ~ Thank you! I'll definitely be around and we'll do it together! I would love to get down to 135 but honestly dont think i'll be able to maintain that, we'll deal with that when I get to 140 :).

Debbie24
07-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey girls and Dan :)

Good morning, how is everyone doing? Hope you all got a good start to the day.

29.6 lbs to go and i'm amazed that i'm not feeling like thats alot, LOL. I can soo lose 29.6lbs!

Couldnt do my shred today because I pulled the muscles in the front of my thighs and i'm giving it a break, hubby will get me some icy/hot tonight and hopefully i'll be all set to continue tomorrow. Hubby said its probably because i've never used those muscles & he's probably right, LOL.

I recommend the 30 day shred btw, it will kick your behind but its only 20 mins.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

JLem311
07-13-2010, 12:59 PM
hello all!

debbie--i did the 30 day shred too, for the entire 30 days in a row when i was 6wks post partum. i think i ended up going for 38 days in a row or something ridiculous like that! but that's what got me going on my exercise kick and i've been working out consistently (giving myself the weekends off) for over a year now. :) it's been the most life changing thing ever. exercising is just a part of my daily life and i'll never give it up. thankfully, where i live has a gym right in the building, just down the hall! :) so i'm there every morning at 6am with the baby in the stroller and she chills and watches tv while i workout. i'll do whatever i have to do to get the workout in..i doesn't matter. i'm not sure what my plan is once she's done with the stroller, but i'll drag my pack-n-play down there everyday if i have to. no matter how crazy i may look, i don't care. :)

i'm glad to hear that you're pumped and not overwhelmed with amount you have to lose. that's always a good thing. that's another reason why i'm doing mini goals now. it's just easier for me, especially since i'm not sure where i want to maintain yet.

i've got alot going on this week, my baby girl turns 7rys old on the 20th and we're having her party on sunday. and for some reason in my mind..it was further away and now i realized its this weekend, so i'm scrambling.

anyways, that's where i'm at.
hope everyone is having a good start the week.

Debbie24
07-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Jillian ~ were you really 320lbs?? OMG I would have never guessed seeing you right now. WTG, soo awesome!! For some reason I thought it had said 220.

What did you think about the shred? Did you see a difference when you were done? I'm so mad about being hurt and I feel weird not being able to do it 1 day, really hoping i'll be better by tomorrow so I can get going again. It really feels soo good to exercise. Some days I really dont feel up to it but I get my behind up and do it & feel so good after. I was trying to get up before the baby and get it done while she's still sleeping but no matter what time I get out of bed she wakes up so now I sleep in as long as I could. I usually have her laying on the floor and sometimes she just stares at me wondering what the heck i'm doing, haha.

JLem311
07-13-2010, 04:36 PM
debbie, if i remember correctly, i lost 7 inches in 30 days. not sure about the WL part, but i know the inches came off! it's a hard workout, but i really liked how it was circuit training-like and that it was just a 20min workout. i noticed more toning in my arms/legs the most.
keep up with it and you'll definitely get into shape for other types of workouts!

and yes, i was really 320lbs on the day that i delivered my DD in july 2003. i was big before i got pregnant and then gained a bunch of weight during the pregnancy and that's how i got to 320lbs. when i had my DS in november 2005 i was 310lbs when i delivered him. but thankfully, i was at 178 when i got pregnant with my last DD and now i'm back down in just a little over a year. :)

Joni135
07-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey guys - Jillian has a new DVD coming out in September - Jillian Michaels: Shred-It With Weights! Oh how I remember our Jillian challenging everyone with her 30 day shred! Can't believe that was a year ago.

Nicole - I know you are super computer savy, so I'm sure you've figure out that one of the easiest things to use on FitDay is the recent foods list and then check off stuff you've eaten and you can add a bunch of things at once. Hope this makes sense. I'm rushing through this. OH, and thanks to you I picked up a Michelina Light dish yesterday - it was snackers, buffalo chicken - it was pure heaven - felt like I was eating 20 little egg rollls..only 190 cals! (it was my lunch).

So today I ate a single serving of hummus - I'm not sure it was worth the 150 calories, 13g of fat and only 3g of protein. I'd rather have lite ranch with my carrots.

Hitting the gym tomorrow morning early, so off to bed. I commend all of you with kids and how well you manage....I' m not sure I could do it.

Mama Nicole
07-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Joni...those little Michellina's frozen entrees are saving me right now. I told myself I could take a break from cooking while DH was away, and I filled up my freezer with things that were easy, yet somewhat healthy. I bought a few of the Michellina's because they were only a dollar at my grocery store. The lasagne is pretty good too :) I have heard that the frozen entrees can be off in caloriews by some 20 percent or some crazy nunber like that...but I simply dont care right now....it is getting me though. And, thanks to my litttle garden, I have fresh cucumbers available to me every day....and they are one of the few veggies I LOVE. So, yeah, I am eating a lot of the same things for a week or two at a time, and then changing it up, simply because it is easy, and it is working. Soon , I"ll have to find some sort of balance, where I can cook light and have the whole family like it.

JLem311
07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
good morning all. wanted to say hi while i had the chance and see how everyone's doing. i'm so happy to see more chatter on a daily basis here..and i hope even more old-bies come back!

not much going on in my world, just trying to get things together for my DD's bday party this weekend.

Debbie24
07-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Morning,

Feel soo much better today after getting my shred on, after some icy/hot lastnight my muscles are feeling alot better. Will take it easy for a few days so it can heal and hopefully wont have to deal with that again. Dont want to turn to the icy/hot again since its not really recommended while breastfeeding, ugh.

Jillian ~ Congrats on pre-preg weight. I think I was about 157 before getting preg but cant remember. I think I tried to block out all the weight stuff since we were trying to get preg.

Joni ~ i've neer had hummus but I agree 13g of fat doesnt seem worth it for 1 serving. Hope you were able to hit the gym this morning.

Nicole ~ The only way I can get this to work for me is if I modify my current recipes because I refuse to make myself something different and if its a lifestyle change I need to have everyone involved and it will benefit them also. I dont want them to have to struggle with weight later on. I have to tell you that everyone is eating happy and dont even know they are eating healthy. haha. I dont use oils, I use lean meats, no salted seasonings (add my own) and atleast 2 servings of veggies in everything. For instance I made lasagna, lean beef or turkey (sometimes turkey sausage, not as healthy but better than beef) and i'll add spinach, finely chopped peppers, no ricotta and mozz is low fat. Sometimes instead of all spaghetti sauce I add in fresh tomatoes. The boys always have 2nds. We're indian decent and our ethnic foods arent LAWL friendly but I modify them so I can still enjoy foods I like and grew up on.

Jillian ~ The youngest boys' birthday is Monday and i've decided to make him a monster truck cake since they are all obsessed right now, its going to be quite the task and I need to get started tonight on elements. No party since we dont really have family here and no real friends but we'll have cake and enjoy a day where its all about him. Wish me luck staying away from the cake scraps, LOL. Thats always a challenge.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

juliemarie
07-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Well-I"m a week in and have no idea if I lost anything-I"m afraid to get on the sclae . . .;) Oh-and it's TOM too . . .It was an up and down week-but I got up every morning and tried again. As usual-it's not necessarily the food I eat (well, sometimes it is)-but portion-control. And late night snacking/drinking.

I had a great day yesterday-and instead of hanging on the computer and snacking-i went to bed early. That's a good thing for me. So far so good today-I have a plan for eating today and am taking lots of advil to help keep me moving . . . I do want to switch to Alleve though so I can take fewer pills.

Welcome back Debbie-congrats on your beautiful family and getting back with the program.

Mama Nicole
07-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Yay...JM....was thinking about you last night when I was posting :) Glad you checked in. When do you have to check in with your nutritionist again? I know it is so hard to change habits (late night snacking), and I still like to have a late night snack....and I save some room for it, and I jsut don't care. I am trying to be more realistic this time around, and not fight EVERYTHING. I think I will eventually give that up.....but I am staying on the road here, and my late night snack is not affecting my WL too much. I don't know if you are a fan or not, but SF jello REALLY saves me sometimes. That, and watermelon. If you are having trouble with portion control, then the jello might be a really good option. It is funny how we can trick our brains. All we really need to do is see a little bit of progress, and we seem to be GREATLY encouraged to continue. If you know your weaknesses, you can be prepared to work them into your plan if you are not yet ready to fight EVERY demon at once. So, if you are not ready to get on that sclae this week, do it mid next week. You can do this!

Debbie.....I don't usually cook seperate from my family, but this has been a very strange month for my family. My older girls have been in Wisconsin for a couple of weeks (with my mom), and my DH is in Canada fishing...and, well, there a million things that have made it weird. Also, I face a big challenge with DS #1 who is 7. He HATES veggies. And I am not talking about your normal, "i don't like veggies," child....He tries.....very often...and willingly to taste them...especially the ones we are growing in our garden. He has nurtured those plants and watched them grow, and sooo wants to like them. I feel so bad for him. Anyway.....most of the family enjoys healthy foods and cooking.........and I am clearly rambling now...ha ha ha. It is just more difficult now that the kids are getting older and there are just so many of them with their own personal likes and dislikes :) ha ha.

Joni.....WTG girlie. You are totally ON! Doesn't it feel good?

Barbara....oh Barbara....where are you??? I saw your FB post about your DHs successful surgery. I am assuming you are occupied with that right now..,,but I just wanted to remind you to find time to take care of you too :)

Oh, and Debbie.....good for you for breastfeeding :) I am a huge advocate! Did you nurse your other babies too? Doens't it make you HUNGRY? I found I coudn't go many hours in a row without eating when I was nursing my babies.

Ok, baby decided not to take a nap :( Give me strength.

Kimphin
07-14-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm with you on the late night snacking thing. I just finished reading "Best Friends Forever" by jennifer weiner, and the main character was overweight and decided that enough was enough went on a diet and then went to her doctor for a prescription for sleeping pills because she told him she was having trouble sleeping due to anxiety, when it was really because she would binge at night! I thought it was funny. Good book, too.

Debbie24
07-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Ahh Nicole I see! I'm lucky that even though the boys are picky they dont have their own preferences yet, well the oldest (6) does but he's easily swayed, haha.

Last time I was here trying to lose I was breastfeeding DS#3 and got down to goal while BF him. I have to say that BF doesnt help me in the weightloss area though, I had to work hard for it. I tried BF with the older boys but didnt go well and well I didnt have any help and not enough knowledge. With DS#3 I was determined, I researched everything and had a bunch of online groups that helped me thru the tough times and there were a few. He became a 1 sided nurser at 3 months but we made it to 2 week before his 2nd birthday and I was a proud mama, my goal with him was 1yr and now thinking of it last week was exactly 1yr since I stopped breastfeeding him. I'm really enjoying breastfeeding DD, before she was born I thought it would be weird because she's a girl but didnt give it a 2nd thought after she was born. I'm hoping to make it atleast a year but we'll go as long as she wants.

I think thats why LAWL works with me because I get to snack (fruits, cheese etc) often and I dont really get a chance to get hungry. If I wasnt following i'm sure I would go longer without eating because you just get caught up. I dont find that i'm hungry all the time though, maybe because i'm always eating, LOL.

Joni135
07-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Debbie - you are doing good......better than me, that's for sure!
Kim - I think I like that idea - sleep = no eat! But nighttime really is not my problem......it's from 7A to 5P that I am grazing all day....(which I correlate to work hours = eating hours)

...I took Nyquil the other night and slept for 8 hours straight..I was in heaven. I wish I could sleep like this naturally (without a chemically induced sleep), but my mind doesn't seem to like to rest on its own for more than five hours.....

Oh Jillian - what's the theme for DD's cake....I always love seeing your food art!

Nicole - hey, if everyone else in your family is off vacationing, you have every right to vacation from the kitchen.....I have a friend who eats like 4 vine-ripe tomatoes every day.....I was shocked when I saw all these tomatoes on her counter and she's single and has no garden...she said she loves tomatoes...ironically, after seeing her do this, I find that I have been eating at least one whole tomatoe a day and I really enjoy it......I'm very basic with my veggies too, lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, carrots...snap peas, celery, onion - that's about it for me. Squash if someone else makes it and okra - fried (does anyone have a good NOT fried okra recipe?).

Okay - bed, gym and tomorrow is another day................I'll try to remember to step on the scale tomorrow, but I had a business dinner tonight and may need to post on Friday.....yeah, I'll wait until Friday.

Kimphin
07-15-2010, 09:13 AM
OK, I am entering crazed loonie stage. Leaving for 2 weeks on Saturday, haven't packed. Have to do a 10 page final paper by Tuesday (bringing laptop with us) and haven't started. Also have 3 homework mini-papers due by Sunday (yes, I am a procrastinator!) And, my house looks like a tornado came through it (I have my SIL on notice that if anything happens to us on this trip, she MUST get to the house first and clean before anyone else gets there.)

Can you imagine if I had kids? Good Lord, they would be running around with loincloths like "Lord of the Flies".

Anyway - I am still on plan and losing, so there is that!

Joni135
07-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Kim - you have all that to do and you are playing on the computer! I know, priorities!

Good article on infomercial workouts...for anyone that is interested...covers everything from Turbofire, Slim in Six, P90x, Brazilian Butt lift...
Anyone have a favorite?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jill-s-brown/infomercial-workouts-are_b_625042.html?ref=twitter

Oh, had a slight weight loss...down 1.5

Mama Nicole
07-15-2010, 10:51 AM
YAY Joni! Small losses are KEY and we all know it. It means you are treating your body well :) In a couple more weeks, this will seem like much less of a chore. I actually feel like I am, wait for it, "one with my POP!"

Kim....I see you are still keeping up your Wonder Woman skills. Very good, never know when tragedy will strike and you may have to slip into super hero status! Funny thing is, I pretty much know you will get it all done....and well. Who cares about your messy house........I admire people who can leave a mess. I think life is to short to miss out on stuff because you had to stay home and clean. And WTG knowing that you are still a loser with all of this stuff going on.

Hi Debbie, JM, and Jillian, and whoever else may be reading this a.m. You know what? I am old school. I know the commaafter the second noun is not still required for a series of three (see above), but I LIKE it there. It gives the reader the hint, ahead of time, that a series of three is there. I know...nerd.

Debbie24
07-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Morning everyone!

Another great start to the day, shredded this morning and man was I burnt after. Cant believe though that on day 1 I could barely do the jumping jacks and now on day 8 I do them all wihtout stopping. The jump rope on the other hand is a bit tougher, not sure why because you would think those would be easier. I'm hoping if nothing else by the end of 30 days I can do the whole routine without stopping to take a breath.

I think I have a serious chunky PB addiction which is not good! I had to force myself to have egg beaters this morning and promised myself that atleast for the next 2 days I wont have PB. I only have it for breakfast so its not like I have it all day long but I need to stop.

Hmm do you ladies discuss food recommendations here? I need to get a different sliced bread, I want to get away from the white but I dont think the rest of the family would enjoy all wheat. What sliced bread do you have if any? We consume a little over 2 loafs (big) of sliced bread a week, eek! The kids mostly

Joni ~ Hope you are having a good day, down 1.5 is awesome!! I didnt want to but I weighed this morning and was up like .2 oz or something like that, I need to stay off that scale. Just had to remind myself that i'm not in a rush, I dont need to lose all the weight in 3 weeks or even 3 months. That made me feel better, LOL.

Kim ~ wow hope you are able to get everything done.

Nicole ~ WTG being one with your POP, keep it up!

Hello to Jillian & Juliemarie, Dan you out there??

JLem311
07-15-2010, 12:50 PM
i'm having a crazy, busy, stressful day..but i wanted to stop and say hi and also say....LOOK AT NICOLE'S TICKER!! holy crap girlie! you're so close to 200!!!! :) very proud of you!

everyone else is sounding very positive and keeping at it and that's so great!

i've got tons to do for sunday's party..we're having a bowling party, so i'm making a bowling ball and pins. :) hopefully it turns out.

JLem311
07-16-2010, 11:49 AM
hello all. just a quick stop before the baby girl wakes up from her nap and then all will be crazy, i'm sure. :)
i did all my running around yesterday for party/cake stuff..so tomorrow i'll be set to start since the party isn't until sunday.

and i looked and since it's mid month already, i've done my tallying and i've lost 7lbs so far this month. which is pretty darn good for me considering i'm normally a slow loser. it must me all the workouts, my obsession with running, tracking my eating on fitday and making sure i eat higher calories on the days i workout, drink tons of water on a daily basis that are attributing to my great losses.

so once i get to 170, i guess i'll lower the ticker again. it's just crazy to me that i'm getting lower than i have been since high school. i'm excited. i'm just wondering when it'll level off and i'll stay at a set weight that my body was designed for? idk, we'll see.

hope everyone has a good weekend.

good luck debbie with your son's cake! :) chew gum or have an altoid while you're doing the cake so you don't take any tastes and then enjoy a piece of cake with everyone knowing that you waited! :)

Debbie24
07-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Afternoon everyone!

Jillian ~ wow 7lbs, nice!!! Great job hun and you're not even done for the month yet! GL with your cake also, you're making it right? Hope we get to see pics. Good idea about the gum, that will help.

So I started yesterday good but it didnt end so well, something about rice krispie treats & ice cream. LOL.

I dont think i'm taking in as much cals as i'm supposed to. I keep saying I need to go to fitday but havent made it over there yet, maybe after this post since the little one is napping.

Hope everyone is having a good day, will check back in a little later.

Debbie24
07-16-2010, 02:46 PM
quick question ladies.

How many grams of carbs do you take in a day? I feel like mine is thru the roof. Just wondering.

Thx.

MicLindy
07-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Hello Everyone. Sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks. Trying to get back on plan. Struggling a bit and not sure why. I know I can do this!

Good luck on the cakes Jillian and Debbie!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Mama Nicole
07-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Jillian's a big fat loser...Jillian's a big fat loser. :) Ha!

Debbie...I just pulled up a report from fitday on my carbs, fat, protein intake. I am eating roughly 20% protein (about 60 g per day), 25% fat (about 35 g per day, but only 8% is saturated fat, or 11 g per day), and about 55% carbohydrates (about 175 g per day). Also, I am getting anywhere from 20-25 g of dietary fiber. Hmmm, guess I am going to go search online now to see if those numbers are healthy or not.

Mama Nicole
07-16-2010, 04:36 PM
oooo, this is a very interesting link :)
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-diet/NU00200

JLem311
07-16-2010, 05:31 PM
that's a good website nicole! :)

Debbie24
07-16-2010, 06:49 PM
blah I have to be quick.

Ok so I was right in that i'm not getting enough calories. I put in what I was planning to have for the rest of the day which I havent had most of it yet and my info:

Calories ~ 1,252 (not good for a bf mama who exercises)
Fat ~ 31.4
Carbs ~ 143
Protein ~ 103

I think i'm fine with everything else besides the cals. Any idea on how to bring that up without brining up the rest alot?

ahh gotta run, will check out the site later on. Thx.

Joni135
07-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Hmm do you ladies discuss food recommendations here? I need to get a different sliced bread, I want to get away from the white but I dont think the rest of the family would enjoy all wheat. What sliced bread do you have if any? We consume a little over 2 loafs (big) of sliced bread a week, eek! The kids mostly

Debbie - I get the 45 calorie a slice Sara Lee DeLightful Whole Wheat with Honey and my DH really seems to like it (the honey helps, I'm sure; the slices are a bit skimpy, but that's okay...). 2 slices are 90 cals, 14g car; 5g fiber and 6g protein. But it's so good, I keep eating it and here I am trying to stay away from too many carbs...oh well!

Good job all on the weight loss Jillian and Nicole..

Nicole - thanks for the link....so in an earlier link it was determined that I can have 1300 calories; so I'm going to aim for 45% carbs; 35% protein and 20% fat. This prompted me to do today's FitDay and I did okay - 50-25-25 (with carbs being the big number). As always, I know I have to plan better to get the protein up there! Oh, and the Icee/slurpy thing I treated myself too was the 220 calories that put me over for the day...but it sure was tasty!

shshshhh
07-16-2010, 08:11 PM
You guys are so funny, don't know where to start here. I only have a minute before I head out the door to a (gulp) pot luck. I love seeing my friends, but HATE all the yummy food.

Keep up the wonderful work everyone. Do you think I could get away with wearing a surgeon's mask to the pot luck? That way, no "accidental" tastings. :D

Roberta

PS Watched an old episode of Dr. Oz where he talked about how to lose weight permanently by changing some habits. I got brave and tossed all the salt-laden spices out in the trash and am going to buy some Mrs. Dash this weekend. Could not believe how much sodium was in the spices I was using all the time. I am pledging to avoid processed foods too. No more bars for me, started getting a reaction to the soy in the bars again. Big red painful blisters on my face. I am going to bump up a plan and just go with food the way I did when I was going to LAWL and doing so well.

Joni135
07-18-2010, 09:24 PM
You can tell Nicole's family is back!!
Can't wait to see your bowling cake Jillian!

JLem311
07-19-2010, 09:44 AM
morning all. i got new running shoes on friday and then i slept in today, so i haven't gotten to take them on their first run! :( tomorrow, wed and thursday, definitely! and then i'm going to NE to visit my parents and celebrate my niece's 1st birthday. and traveling alone..not looking forward to that.

the bowling birthday party went great yesterday, i was so exhausted from staying up past my bedtime on saturday night to get the cake done and then the party yesterday, that i haven't uploaded the pics yet. but i will soon. hopefully when the baby is napping.

anyways, that's it for me now. be back later. hope everyone is having a good start to the week.

heathers73
07-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi Everyone!
KInda new here, for posting anyway ;) I've been coming to these boards since 2006 when I did LAWL the first time, and posted a few times back then under a different name which i can't remember :o I lost 50 lbs back then, and now 2 more babies later i'm right back to where I started :mad: I know I can do this since I did it before, and this time DH is doing it with me to get rid of his "baby weight" lol. Using luna's, special k and kashi bars in place of the lites and weighing in 3 times a week since I think that was a big part of my success the first time. Anyway, wanted to say hello and introduce myself finally :D Have a great day ladies!

JLem311
07-19-2010, 11:20 AM
here's two (sort of) different views of the cake i did for Julia's 7th birthday.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/view1.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/view2.jpg

Debbie24
07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Morning all,

My AC went out and its hot as heck in here and that makes me and baby very grouchy.

I didnt shred since friday. DVD wouldnt come on and hubby hasnt had a chance to check it out but I think need to go give shredding a break to see how things go. The baby has been waking up tons during the night to nurse since i've been shredding and i'm not sure if it has to do with that or if its because of a growth spurt. I'm not taking in enough calories so I need to take a break and see what happens.

It wasnt a good few days food wise but its always a disaster when hubby is home. I need to work on that.

Jillian ~ awesome job on the cake! Will post a pic of monster truck cake a little later once I get them onto the comp.

I hope everyone is doing well, baby is starting to fuss.

Mama Nicole
07-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi friends! Yes, Joni, my family is home....and I am super happy and kind of tired :). I have been OP even though they are home, which is a miracle for this girl.

I am in a big hurry, but wanted to check in....and to tell Debbie..yes, girl, increase your cals. I was always told to increase protein when I was BF. Not sure if that is the answer....but for sure, if you are not getting enough calories, baby is going to need to nurse more frequently. It is really hard to find the right balance. You are giving your baby such a gift though, and it is not always easy to make those kinds of sacrifices. Hang in there girlie, and you will find the right balance for the both of you :)

Debbie24
07-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Thank you for the encouragement Nicole! The baby's nutrition comes 1st right now, its not like i'll be breastfeeding forever so I can take thing slow so I dont jeapordize supply.

With DS#3 I still lost while BF & I produced enough but I wasnt exercising also so I think just stopping that right now will help the supply and help my weightloss.

shshshhh
07-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Nicole and Joni ~ thanks for the article links. Interesting.
Joni~ I'd take 1.5 loss. Moving in the right direction.
Debbie and everyone else using Fit Day ~ I just created an account. Awesome website for tracking protein and carbs. Thanks for the heads up. Also, about your chunky PB addiction, I totally am there with you on that. I went to a restaurant supply place and bought a case of individual portions of PB, like they put on restaurant tables. Keeps my honest cause I can scoop more PB on a tablespoon than you could possibly imagine. I just grab one little container (looks like a pat of butter or jelly size) and I know that is 1/2 P.

Have a great week everyone. I decided to give up on the Lites and go back up one program and use real food. I seem to do better that way, at least I did when I was going to the COD.

Roberta

Joni135
07-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Jillian - as always, great job on the cake! and hope your new shoes have you running to your next goal!

Nicole - enjoy your family.....and congrats on being op

Heather - hi and best of luck. Our board is not as active, but it's still alive.

Debbie - Hope you got your ac working...I can't imagine a night without it in this Georgia heat!

Roberta - I sooooooo need to do that with my peanut butter. I had a peanut buttery day today; no idea why..but it wasn't good. FitDay will have to wait until tomorrow....got some chores to do!

JLem311
07-20-2010, 11:19 AM
hello all. today my baby girl turns 7yr old! we're not doing much today since we celebrated on sunday.
i tried out my new running shoes this morning and they're pretty great!

not much else going on. just wanted to check in for the day.

Debbie24
07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Morning everyone, well almost afternoon.

Been a rough few days and havent been OP alot. I havent been eating nearly as much as I should and what I have been havent been good. So hard to be good sometimes. Ah well movin' on, cant change the past right?

Roberta ~ thats such a good idea about the PB, I know i'm def scooping out more than 1 serving.

Joni ~ AC is fixed but not before it got to 93 degrees in the house, yuck! We were all miserable.

Heather ~ Welcome back!

Hi Nicole & Jillian, hope you are having a good day!

PS: The boys are super obsessed with monster trucks so of course I had the bright idea to attempt a monster truck birthday cake. So many things could have been better and i'm not entirely happy with it but DS said "mom its perfect!", that was good enough for me :).

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/debbi2881/My%20Pictures/DSC03091.jpg

DS#3 (birthday boy) fav truck is Blue Thunder.

heathers73
07-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi everyone!

Debbie- Wow you did a great job on that cake! I'd love to attempt something like that someday, but i'm not very good at baking :(

Roberta- I am also a PB addict! I could stand at the cabinet with a jar and a spoon all day long and be in heaven! So not a good thing :o Those little packets sound great except for me it's a trigger. Once I have the peanut butter for some reason I tend to snack on everything else too.

Jillian- Congrats on your progress, wow @ that ticker!! You're my hero as i'm also tackling the baby weight for the last time lol.... If you don't mind me asking, what plan are/were you following?

Everyone else, HI! Hope you're all having a great day :D

Went back to the gym today for the first time since last August. OUCH! Felt sooo good though! Not only to be exersizing again but just to have that hour or two to myself! DH stayed home with the three boys while I went and it was so nice! They also have a babysitting room there, but i'm not sure how well it would go. My 2 year old tends to throw temper tantrums when I leave, and my 3 month old doesn't like me to put him down as it is and HATES his carrier :dizzy: I'm pretty sure they'd be calling me back in to take them out pretty quick lol.
Anyway gotta figure out what i'm making for dinner. Anyone have any good ideas for ground beef?? I took a pound out of the freezer but i'm not sure what to do with it....
Talk to you all later!

juliemarie
07-20-2010, 02:41 PM
hey all-having a better week-though still with ups and downs . . . went and saw a movie and couldn't say no to the popcorn-esp since post-surgery-I likely won't be able to have it again, like, ever. Unfortunately -that excuse is tripping me up a lot! ;)

However-I'm managed to drop 3 pounds -so i'm encouraged.

Welcome back Heather! My fave meal for gr beef is taco salad . . . add your own seasonings to cut down on the sodium. I usually add kidney beans also.

Have a great day everyone!

juliemarie
07-20-2010, 02:52 PM
BTW-Jillian and Debbie-cool cakes! Very impressed with your creativity.

heathers73
07-20-2010, 04:21 PM
JM- Taco salad sounds yummy! Don't have all the stuff for that though... Think i'm gonna brown the beef with some chopped peppers garlic and onion, throw in a couple cans of no salt diced tomatoes add spices and put over some angel hair pasta. Trying to work with and use up what I have in the house so this will work well. The small portion of pasta is going to be tough though :( will probably have a small salad with it too I think. YUM I wish it was dinner time now!

shshshhh
07-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Wonderful cakes, I am impressed with your creativity. Monster truck looks awesome.

JulieMarie - love taco salad. Here's a hint for the dressing. I take greek yogurt and mix in some salsa and magic - Taco salad dressing. I add hot sauce for a kick cause I love spicy foods.

Understand totally about not even being able to have PB in the house. The small packets work for me, but it took a while of no PB at all before I could trust myself with even the individual packets. That is the way I am with bread, cannot have any in the house. I walk up to New Seasons and buy a single roll for lunch or dinner cause I have tried and tried to have even the worst tasting bread or crackers in the house and finally have to admit I just can't do it.

Roberta

heather314
07-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone!
This is heathers73, I found my old account info yay!! Now I need to find a new pic for my avatar. My son is now 5 years old and has 2 baby brothers lol.

juliemarie
07-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Roberta-I do something similar for the dressing even though in our family-we always mix the hot ingredients with the cold (wilts the lettuce) and use french or catalina dressing (sounds weird but yummy!).

Now though-to save calories-I mix about 1/3 nonfat or lowfat ranch with 2/3 salsa for a creamy lowfat dressing.

BarbaraB
07-21-2010, 07:35 PM
ooh, I'm definitely having taco salad tonight for dinner now! No catalina dressing though. Sometimes I just mix fat free or light sour cream with the salsa and that makes a pretty tasty dressing too. I like to make the taco salad with ground turkey.

I've been doing the weight watchers thing online for almost 3 weeks now. So far I think I like it. I just needed to commit to a plan, any plan, that got me eating less and being accountable.

We are likely to go camping, as we just bought a trailer (like an hour ago!). This weekend we'll load it up with all the stuff that used to be in our tent trailer that we sold a couple of months ago. We've been spending all our weekends looking at camping trailers since we sold the old one. Found a really great one, the guy bought it 3 weeks ago and decided it was too big for him, so it is like new, only he is selling it for about 1000 less than he bought it for. As we were on the fence between buying a new one and an used one. Looking forward to getting out and about a bit. I am going to get my DH to take me to the beach for a weekend, as he keeps saying yes we will go someday.

We probably won't have a lot of time in the next month. My DD graduates college here in a few weeks and we are throwing a big party for her. Well actually two parties... First a lunch for the close family and friends (only 20) right after the graduation ceremony, and then a big bash cocktail party for close to 100 that evening. Tonight I really have to start sending out the invites. I bought a ton of them at the dollar store for like 14$. Good thing I bought so many since I decided to print them on the printer instead hand filling out dozens of invites, and went through a ton of invites before I got the spacing right.

Debbie24
07-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone!

Just stopping in to say Hi. Ahh been doing bad, just need to say it. Tomorrow i'm promising myself a POP day, who's gonna keep me accountable? Exercising was def keeping me on track.

Ok sorry i'm all over the place, its 11pm and all 4 kids are still up.

Hope everyone else had a good day, talk to you all in the morning.

heather314
07-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Debbie - Good luck being POP today!! I can totally relate to being all over the place with all the kids up, although I only have three. Can't even think sometimes lol... God bless you with 4! Don't know if I could do it :)

JulieMarie- That taco salad sounds delicious! Gonna have to try it soon!

No gym for me today, taking a break, my legs are burning! But thats a good thing :D Running out of everything in the house so need to get some food shopping done this morning. I've been doing so good being POP and i'm so proud of myself, praying I can keep it up!! Last attempt at this didn't go so easy (after my second child). I just couldn't find the motivation I had the first time around for some reason. I think I got it back :carrot::D
Hope you all have a great day!!

Mama Nicole
07-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi Friends :)

Sorry I have been MIA lately....Having everyone back home has been great, but wow....my work load serioulsy doubled!!!! I also found out that I am made of some pretty tough stuff, in the absense of DH and two older DD's. I survived just fine with the three littles for two weeks. Yay! I really attribute it to being OP. When I am OP, I am in control of so much more in my life. And, I am sneaking up on 25 lbs lost.....and that is pretty exciting. There is just no time to lose, as my 40th B-Day is just around the corner. Eeeee.

Barbara....my DH wants a travel trailor sooooo bad. I wouldn't mind one...but I would want a new one, and they are quite costly when you need them to sleep 8 minimum.

No more time to play right now...must get my chores done, go get some new fish for our fish tank, and then swim with the kids :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Kick a$$ Heather!!! If you are feelin' it...you have DEFINITELY got it back :) I am so happy for you...that is such a great feeling. 21 days. That's all you need to get through....then it truly does become more of a habit. That, and allowing yourself to be a bit more selfish than you were a while back. You can do this :)

BarbaraB
07-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Nicole, The trailer we bought is almost new, the guy never even used the bathroom. It is only 18 feet long though, so perfect size for a couple and maybe the DD on occasion should she want to join us. My DH kept looking at the smallest ones made, and I was totally against any one where the bed and the table were the same spot. My dad pointed out that after you've had a few beers around the campfire, which I know is going to happen if we go camping, unfolding the table into a bed becomes an injury prone process.

We had a summer of buying and selling stuff.. sold a tent trailer bought the new camper, bought and sold a Mazda RX-7, and now perhaps my DH will stop coveting one so much (he may not be allowed to read that stupid auto trader magazine anytime soon). Traded in the old truck for a new truck, sold my daughter's older truck and gave the car my DH was driving to the DD. Its her graduation present, a 2003 Mazda Protege. The insurance agent is getting tired of our calls... at least we are down to 3 vehicles for 3 people, although we briefly had up to 5....

shshshhh
07-22-2010, 06:46 PM
With all that talk about Taco Salad, I just had to have me some. Cooked up some ground turkey, threw in some salsa, a little chopped cilantro, some taco seasoning and about 1/3 cup of drained canned black beans. Poured it over some chopped romaine lettuce and red peppers. Topped it off with some FF yogurt mixed with salsa and more cilantro.

Yummmmmy :cp::chef:

Thanks, Julie Marie. :wave:

Roberta

heather314
07-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Good morning!!

Down 1.4 from Wednesday so my day has started out great!! :carrot::carrot:
Waiting for DH to get up and watch the boys and i'm headed off to the gym.

Nicole- Thanks!! I definately have it back, i'm determined I WILL do it this time! I did it before and I CAN do it again :D

BBL ladies gotta run Have a great day!!

Mama Nicole
07-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Good morning ladies :)

It is already 86 degrees here, and weather dot com says it feels like 97 out. It is supposed to get up to 99 w/ a heat index in the 100's. Yesterday, the heat index was 107. So, my plans today.....a few a.m. chores, watering my gardens, and swimming with the kids. Maybe we'll do a load of laundry or two this afternoon.....but that's about it :) it is funny...when I am OP for as long as I have been....other things begin to fall into place. It is really nice.

I even made my Mia a dress this week :)

http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/11719/2019034100099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2019034100099958805QQYDJW)

Ok, have to get going, kids are getting naughty.....

BarbaraB
07-23-2010, 03:28 PM
OH Nicole, How precious is that Mia and how adorable is that dress! Stay cool

Heather, You not only can do it, you ARE doing it.

Roberta, I went home and made taco salad that night too. I just sounded perfect for a summer evening. we had corn on the cob with it, and that was pretty tasty, sweet even without any butter on it.

Weight Watchers is going well. Today is the end of the first 3 weeks. I particularly like to see a little weight gone from my face. If I am going to be cursed with jowls, I'd rather have them be small ones instead of big fat ones.

heather314
07-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Mornin' everyone! Disghustingly hot and humid today here in CT ugh! Don't feel like doing anything. DH's working today and looks like me and the boys are going to be stuck in the house with the high heat and humidity out there. I wish there was a beach close by!!! Oh well, hopefully there won't be too many tantrums lol!

Nicole Mia is adorable!!!! And that dress is so cute you did a great job! :D

Barbara- Glad WW is working out for you! I did it before doing LA in 2006 and was trying it again before going back on LAWL this time. For some reason it just didnt click with me. I need more structure I think. Just cancelled my 3 month online subscrip yesterday.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Joni135
07-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Wow - a few days slipped by so quickly...I've been trying to keep away from the computer and getting things done around the house....amazing what I get done when I'm not here! Nicole - love the dress...

Funny, I had taco salad tonight...I'm getting so many tomatoes from my aunt's garden...it's been great..

I'm easing into daily exercise...did 20 minutes on the treadmill, but my back was hurting so I only did 20 and resumed cleaning....tomorrow morning - gym time.

Night all!

Mama Nicole
07-26-2010, 10:38 PM
yeah, had taco salad two nights in a row...thanks JM :)

JLem311
07-27-2010, 08:43 AM
good morning all.

juliemarie
07-27-2010, 11:25 AM
yeah, had taco salad two nights in a row...thanks JM :)

You're welcome! :dizzy: Hey-I could've started something much worse . . .:^:

BarbaraB
07-27-2010, 01:25 PM
You can manage to have a taco salad on just about any weight loss plan, and the tomatoes are so good this time of year. Even if I didn't plant any home grown ones this year. This weekend I want to stop by the farmer's market. I drove by last weekend but it was like 95 degrees out and it was setup out on the blacktop, and I'm just not that acclimated to the heat, working in a super air conditioned building like I do.

Debbie24
07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi Everyone!

How is everyones week going? Sorry I havent been around much, been crazy and i'm trying to type really quick because I hear DD tossing. I hope she's not awake.

Trying to make it a POP week and see if things move for me. Was successful yesterday and hubby offered me snickers lastnight, how mean right? I refused and i'm proud of myself. Been doing good today but we dont have much fruit in the house which is never good. Hubby will pick some up for me tonight so I should be good.

Hope everyone is doing well, will check back in later..

Hoochie
07-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone, well I am back from my two week vacation. After being in Mexico for two weeks, I came home dying for a latte and some ice cream. So sad eh! We have a house near a small fishing village there so groceries are limited in what you can buy. There arent many restaurants there so I cooked quite a bit. I came home appreciating everything that I have including food choices! I have made a few bad ones since coming home but I am now getting myself back on track. I start bootcamp twice a week in August and I am thinking of getting back into some light jogging. I really need to get rid of my belly. Its nice to see this site is busy again. I will catch up with everyone soon.
BTW, I like your new picture Jillian, you are doing amazing! Its inspiring.

Joan

JLem311
07-27-2010, 09:51 PM
thanks Joan! it's nice to hear! i saw my family this past weekend and everyone commented on how great i looked, especially with the baby just turning a year old. and my dad even said, "you look good, how much have you lost?" i told him and he responded, "well, you look good, but..eat something!" ha! :) if you knew my dad and the way he talks, its hilarious!
but it was nice to have everyone comment on how great i look and that if i lose anymore "there will be nothing left of me!" ha..i wish!

so, yes, my hard work is paying off. i'm just so determined, dedicated and 100% changed in my mind that this is for life, that's its just normal for me. i'm just curious when my body will stop losing and say, "that's enough. this is the weight you're meant to be at." so we'll see. until then, i'm just focusing on how great i feel, look and how my clothes fit.

JLem311
07-28-2010, 06:19 PM
where is everyone today? y'all better be out exercising or doing something healthy and good for yourselves!!! and if you're lurking and feeling bad or if you feel like you don't have anything to say or contribute...just say HI!! it's cool..i miss the chatter!

BarbaraB
07-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Jillian, I think you need to change the thing that says your lowest weight was before the birth of your last child, since you are now 6 pounds less! Yay!
You are totally right to let your body decide where it wants to end up.

I do think lots of women tend to try to shoot for an unhealthy weight, as we are shown so many images of women that are actually unhealthfully thin. Our perception of what is normal and healthy has been skewed, and now we are unhappy with a normal healthy female body, since you rarely see any of those portrayed anywhere.

heather314
07-29-2010, 06:49 AM
Good morning!
I've actually been here several times the past few days, but just can't get a minute to actually post anything. One of the boys always needs me to do something lol.... So I just wanted to pop in now while the house is still quiet (very rare!!!!) and say hello :D Will try to post more later today as now of course, the baby is waking up lol I can't win! ;) Have a great day ladies!

Mama Nicole
07-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Good morning friends :)

I have been a very busy mom lately......that is why I haven't been around lately. I am still OP, and doing well, but my losses are slowing a lot. I am hoping it is just a little stall, and that it will go back to some decent, small losses again soon. I don't expect more than a pound or two or week, and I don't think that is expecting too much :) TOM is nearing, so I am taking that into account,,,,,but that usually doesn't have too much of an effect on my losses.

I am making a birthday cake for DD today. She will be 15 on Saturday...which means she can get her learners permit to drive now.....eeeee. And it is sooo hot here...the last thing I should be doing is baking cakes. Oh well....gotta do it. I think it is so funny/cute....DD asked for a Barbie cake. I will post a pic if it turns out decent.

Ok, on to a new day of being a big fat loser. Have a great day, everyone :)
xoxo

JLem311
07-29-2010, 01:34 PM
here's a new great quote i stumbled across:

"Success often comes from doing ordinary things with extraordinary commitment."

Hoochie
07-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Morning everyone. Yesterday I went thru the worst chocolate craving ever. I think it took me over an hour to get the thought out of my head. I hate that when that happens to me! Anyways I stuck to my guns and never had any. I went home and had a taco salad.
Anyways, I am going away for the weekend tomorrow so I will check in next week. Have a great day!

Joan

And Jillian I will be walking this weekend as I always do when I go to the cabin. Its just so peaceful there. Yes to exercise!!!!!

BarbaraB
07-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Nice quote Jillian, I think it is true. Especially with exercise and weight loss. Just not giving up is the biggest key to success. I had a great work out this morning in spin class. That is 3 this week! I've been only managing 2 per week, so I feel better having done 3. Saturday we had a substitute that ran me ragged too (Mr let's get anerobic made my heart rate monitor beep at me since it decided it was way to high and I concurred with its findings)

Joan great job of resisting the chocolate. You are the victor in the war against irrational cravings (since there is not daily requirement of chocolate that I'm aware of, even if it is a delicious thing).

Heather, You definitely have your hands full. Don't forget to take some time and energy for yourself. Since you want your kids to know that everyone should do take care of themselves. I wish I had been more selfish, since it is hard to see my DD not taking the best care of herself, just like she saw me do all those years.

Nicole, I saw a beautiful cake on FB. Your daughter must have been so happy for you to make that for her. When I was growing up everyone called me Barbie, so of course I love your Barbie cake.

heather314
07-30-2010, 08:33 AM
good morning!

Getting ready to head to the gym. Really need it today, i'm feeling pretty unmotivated. Weighed in this morning and i'm at 188.4.... I've been teetering back and forth between 188's and 187 for awhile now and can't seem to get away from it :mad: I think i'm going to move to the blue plan and see how I do. Don't really want to move to gold since I am exersizing alot and still nursing part of the time. But maybe the protien sizes in purple are too much?? UGH! Just seems like it was so much easier the first time :?: Sorry for the whining i'm just feeling defeated since I thought i was doing so well lol....

Nicole- Wheres the cake, I wanna see too!!! :D

Barbara- Thanks, I know I need to be more selfish. It's just really hard sometimes. I know it will get easier though...

Jillian- Love that quote!!

Hope you all have a great day and hope your scales are treating you better than mine is :dizzy:

Mama Nicole
07-30-2010, 10:35 AM
http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/44090/2124236210099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2124236210099958805gcEvds)

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/43759/2301912570099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2301912570099958805UDQQYY)

Pics of the Barbie cake will be a day or two :)

heather314
07-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Nicole that cake is gorgeous!!! :D

BarbaraB
07-30-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm so hungry today! Good thing I have quite a few WW bonus points left for the week. I try to be super strict with myself monday - thursday, and then I allow myself more on friday, saturday and sunday. I did exercise a bit more this week and that is probably why.

Heather, I got switched to the blue plan after my weight loss stalled for awhile and it did make a difference. Being a mom running after your kids is a lot more active than my job of sitting here in front of a computer programming all day, plus you are exercising, plus you are breast feeding part time! I think it is highly likely you are shorting yourself a bit, and would do better on blue. I think the extra starch keeps your metabolism humming along a little better if you are burning it all off.

Nicole, so that wasn't the Barbie cake? Awfully pretty and this Barbie likes it!