Weight Loss Support - ~*~July Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome~*~

Diana3271
06-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Hello Everyone! Welcome to the July Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer3:

Diana3271
07-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Welcome to July! Let's make it a great month!

patchworkpenguin
07-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Okay, I'm offically going to have a goal this month.

I want out of the teens!

Diana3271
07-01-2010, 01:02 PM

I want out of the teens!

You can do it! We will be here to cheer you on! :cheer2:

Wysteria
07-01-2010, 04:05 PM
RIGHT, this month I am going to shift those pesky last three pounds. But equally, if I start to GAIN weight, I need to be aware that it's muscle, not fat.

I am also really, really, really close to being able to get into a UK size 8 skirt/trousers. By the end of July I'd like to be able to purchase my first size 8 skirt or trousers.

I am also absolutely categorically NOT going to eat any bread or pasta unless it's gluten free. It is a food intolerance I have but sometimes I lapse and just think 'must has' and eat it, and the consequences be damned. The problem is that when I do this, I gain weight and that's why I can't shift those last few pounds.

I can do this. YEAH!

love2b150
07-01-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm not having a very good day so far ... all I want to do is eat. :no: I have drank 3 ~ 24oz cups of water with lemon and nothing is helping me. So far I have ate=

Breakfast (334)
1/2 grapefruit, 1/4 cup egg beaters, 1/2 slice cheese, 1 slice turkey bacon, 1 slice whole wheat toast w/ tsp marg & tsp apple jelly

snack (215)
Special K bar 90 and 2 tsp of grits from my daughters plate (I did half of the calories for a serving since they had sugar and margarine 65 maybe?), oh and about a cup of grapes

Lunch (590)
Smart One Pasta & marinara meal, Parmesan cheese, grapes and sunflower seeds

NO AFTERNOON SNACK

Dinner (200)
Salmon, spinach, squash, 1/2 grapefruit

TOTAL CALORIES 1279

(typed after lunch/before dinner) I didn't eat all of the pasta because I was full. It was maybe a 1/3 cup left, not a lot but it made my daughter happy to finish it. But I just keep wanting to eat. What on Earth is going on today? I've had 1139 calories and no afternoon snack or dinner. Help:shrug: Then I just read all of this stuff about processed foods, so the lunch that I ate was all wrong. And I need to get more veggie/greens. 2 mile walk

ImpalaHoarder
07-01-2010, 04:19 PM
My plan for the month, regardless of what else happens, is to finally see the 150's. I never have. I got down to about 160 - once- and then gained back to 180, so I'm going over old ground. I'm super-excited about seeing numbers on the scale that I've never seen before.

Yesterday my choices were good in terms of calories, but just DREADFUL in terms of nutrition. I ate: deli turkey (just... by itself), yoghurt, ice cream, chips, and cheetos. I made sure it fell within my 1500 calories for the day, and it really did make me feel better since I was eating things that I was worried I couldn't have on a diet, but as far as actual fuel, I fear it was absent. So that's a pattern that should maybe not happen again.

Today's goal is 1000 calories and I just woke up (I'm very nocturnal). I'm finishing up my second can of V8 juice as I type, but I should probably have more since that's only a total of 60 calories for breakfast, and I really don't want to be all hypoglycemic later.

I would say my biggest challenge is going to be figuring out how much to eat. I am good at making myself not eat very much, and I don't really get hungry, but I do worry that I will stall my weight loss. That's why I'm zigzagging my calories. It's working for the moment- in my first week I've lost 10 pounds- but I worry a plateau is going to kick in any time now.

MamaP
07-01-2010, 04:39 PM

I want out of the teens!

My goal this month is to get into the teens!

Diana3271
07-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Wysteria & ImpalaHoarder Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Wysteria
07-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome, here's what I've eaten today.

Breakfast:
Bowl of Kallo honey puffed rice and semi skimmed milk plus two cups of tea.

Lunch:
Quorn bolognese made with gluten free pasta, Quorn mince, chopped tomatoes and topped with a handful of cheddar cheese.

Dinner:
Ehehe, what dinner? Lunch filled me up loads so from 4pm when I got back from the gym all I've eaten has been three squares of Lindt Irish Coffee chocolate, two strips of baked breadcrumbed chicken and a glass of vodka and coke.

Today was a Bad Food Day. I haven't eaten enough and that's why my weight's been holding. When I started eating again, that's when I dropped more weight.

Argh argh argh argh *headdesk*

blueridgegirl
07-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Impala and Wysteria - welcome!

Hello all,

So, as usual, I got onto the forum today without realizing that it was another month, but remembered before I posted to the June thread.

My Wednesday:

breakfast - smoothie (low fat organic plain yogurt, skim milk, a few almonds, banana, fresh blueberries, strawberries and cherries), my roommate brought a blender and we have plenty of ripe bananas, so this is a great start to the day!

snack - coffee, splash of milk

lunch - I went out to lunch with a group of students and profs to a Colombian restaurant. I had avena to drink (Latin American drink made with milk, water, ground up oats - sounds weird, but it's really tasty) and 3 tostones (fried plantain bites) with guacamole - an appetizer shared among 3 people. I didn't order a main dish because they all looked like too much, so I had an arepa (like a thick corn tortilla) with fresh cheese, and a side order of beans. Lots of water to drink, too.

I didn't have any dinner - wasn't hungry after a big, late lunch and it was the first day of my period which meant my energy and appetite were both lower than usual.

exercise: lots of walking, went to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.

scale: 199.5 :carrot: Hello, my friend 1 - good to see you again.

So my July goal - well, I'm in Boston til the 18th, and as I said I'm hoping to just maintain here, but I think my goal will be to see 196 by the end of the month. That might be ambitious, but I'm going to go for it. That would put me at 40 pounds gone!

Serbrider
07-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Bad day. I had to take my dog in today to have a tumor taken off of her lower jaw. That wasn't too bad... except for the fact that she's my baby, and I wanted to make a bigger deal out of it (not in front of her of course), but my family was so nonchalant about it all, so I had to be strong and all as well. It just annoyed me and upset me because my dog has been living with my grandparents (I am now living with them), and they told me they never noticed it. This is something that doesn't get as big as it was (about half an inch in diameter) overnight. I mean... sure, yeah... it's on her lower jaw, but it's at the front of her mouth... so... I dunno. I guess it just upset me because I began to think "what else could they have missed?" Not as a getting mad at them kind of thing... just a worried mother type of feeling for my baby dog.

And... I feel terrible. I haven't gained, but I can't eat the way I was able to when it was just me and my parents. All my Grandma can get in our little town when it comes to fruits are apples (which I can't stand... I just really don't like the taste), peaches (which are OK... I guess), watermelon, and oranges. And I'm not allowed to go to the store to get my own stuff. But I probably will sneak off tomorrow or something and go to the store and get my own stuff... all this pasta, white bread, and ham is really not working for me right now.

And then I got yelled at by my Dad because apparently everyone has been forgetting/losing "EVERYTHING". My mom forgot all of our medicine in the house we had been living in (this is $100+ of medicine that was to be brought back to Serbia with us, stuff we can't get over there), my little brother forgot his Bible at church the other day (on the playground, and it's been raining the past couple days), and I nearly lost my wallet (ended up finding it, but not without a shouting match between my Dad and I... because apparently I lose "everything", and since I do, I don't deserve to own anything at all, etc). So yeah.

I dunno. I need to go on my run, take a good long bath, and then curl up in bed with a good book and maybe even cry a bit.

Here's my food:

Goal: 1500 calories
Daily Total: ~1650

Breakfast
Cheerios - 150
Milk - 140
Total - 290

Lunch
Hamburger w/White Bread Bun & Ketchup - 300
French Fries - 270
Total - 570

Dinner
Grilled Cheese Sandwich - 280
Macaroni and Chicken Casserole - 210
Total - 490

Other
Apple Pie - 300
Total - 300

And now I'm off for my C25K W3D2... *sigh*

Sweetcaroline
07-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi... Boy do I need this thread... Thank you Diana.

My immediate goal is to eat in moderation this weekend. I don't have a lot of plans. So I will have to stay busy on my own... and paws off the 'real' potato salad at the one cookout I'm going to on Monday. I am bringing a couple of par-baked potatoes to put on the grill, I'll add some salsa and stay away from the mayo...

I would like to lose 7 pounds this month. I can't wait to get to know everyone...

Diana3271
07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Hi Everyone!

Serbrider Wow! It sounds like you have had a rough couple of days. What kind of dog do you have? I have a labrador retriever named Magnum. He's our baby, too. I will say a little Prayer for you and your baby. Take care.

Total Approx 1625 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (360 calories + swipe mayo)
EarthGrains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Swipe Kraft Horshradish Dijon Mayonaise (less calories than regular mayo)
Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Cape cod reduced fat chips 100 calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Soft Tacos 600 calories
Seafood Queso Dip w/chips (shared 3 ways) 300 calories

Exercise:
~TurboFire Fire 30
~Core 20 (I only did the standing portion so it's really Core 10 This was an add on for me)
~Stretch 10 (I only did the standing portion so it's really Stretch 5 )

Serbrider
07-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks. Mine is a pit bull x lab x who knows what. I found her in Serbia, and had her there for four and a half years, and then we had her shipped over to the USA (and that was a nightmare in and of itself, for both her and for the guy bringing her, since we had arrived in July, when no animals were flying into Houston b/c the heat on the tarmac could kill them, but yeah, another time), and then a week after that my dad and the guy drove up to my grandparents' house because we found out the day we brought her home (after two months of waiting for an answer) that we couldn't keep her in the townhouse we were in. So yeah. I felt like a bad dog parent since then because though she is extremely well-mannered around people and isn't a nuisance, she is a very independent dog and likes to escape. And then all these other things kept coming up. And... I dunno. I want her inside with me again. I want her to sleep by my bed at night, I want her to curl up at my feet when I'm at my desk doing homework... and my grandparents are "absolutely NOT" when it comes to dogs being in even the tool shed outside, let alone inside the house on the carpet.

So yeah. I dunno... there's stress with that. She's my baby... and then came her tumor (it was removed without incident, I'm watching it faithfully to make sure there's no after-surgery stress or issues with it), and... I dunno. She lost all recall she used to have. She is still sweet and kind, but... I dunno. I feel as though I messed up with her. And now that I have her back with me... I'm going to be gone for another 4 weeks... and who knows what could happen during that time?

*sigh*

Overprotective mother here I guess... I dunno. Everything is going to be fine... I know deep down that this is true... it's just... I dunno. The worries are still there.

I do have a small victory. I weighed after my run (and this is a couple hours after dinner and after a cup full of diet dr.pepper): 209.4... so... I've gotten past my little gain from camp. Which is good.

so yeah.

Looks like you're doing awesome Diana! Keep it up. :D I always am amazed at how... well... well done all of your stuff is. :)

SweetCaroline... you can do it! I guess with the mayo... I get grossed out by it. Think of it as pure fat. It's practically lard itself. I dunno... just something to help you back away from it. :p Good luck!! I don't understand how people like that stuff... but if they do... they do... ;)

MamaP
07-01-2010, 11:56 PM
I bought a new wrap dress a while back - a size 16W. I figured with it being a wrap dress I would be able to wear it a while with losing weight. Wrong. I've lost 10 lbs since I bought the dress and it's too big. I took it back tonight and exchanged it for different style dress in a size 14 in Misses and got a second dress. I can't believe I bought two size 14 missy dresses - woo hoo. Now, there is no way I could get my behind into a size 14 in pants, but a dress worked. They are that stretchy material so that's another reason why I could wear the 14, but I am so excited. It wasn't too long ago that I wouldn't have even been able to come close to wearing the 16W, let alone a regular 14. These dresses should fit me for a while because of the styles they are - at least I hope so. :)

7-1-10

84+ ounces water
lots of coffee

Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Lunch:
Steak
Steamed veggies

Snack:
Apple
Pear

Dinner:
Church's Chicken (one leg and one thigh)
Cantaloupe

Approximately 1245 calories.

ImpalaHoarder
07-02-2010, 01:48 AM
Food check-in!

5 cans of V8 (there really is no defense I can offer for the number except that I hate vegetables in traditional formats) -150 calories
2 yoghurts - 220 calories
1 slice turkey- 50 calories
14 pieces pepperoni-130 calories
1 string cheese- 50 calories
1 packet ramen- 400 calories

Yes, I eat pretty unclassily, but I'm actually pretty proud of today. All food groups were represented, and although I was hungry for a bit I felt a lot better after all the protein.

Total: 1000 on the nose! And I got around to freezing my usual 200 calorie bowl of grapes for tomorrow, so that'll be good. I'm also going to the movies. :/ As far as tragedies of the day, my scale is out of batteries and I don't have any more of the right sort. So, maybe a few days without weighing. Guess I can't do anything but stay on plan and try not to worry about it. I will do what I will do and my weight will do what it will do.

Diana3271
07-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Sweetcaroline Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Kris WTG! Those smaller sizes are a great way to stay motivated. Yesterday I went to try on jeans again. Right now I am in size 20 jeans. The 18's actually fit. I think I am going to try to get out of the teens and then try on the a size 16W or 18 Misses. I have been buying jeans quite regular (not designer). I buy 3 pair at a time. That way I can get into the smaller sizes. It feels really good.

Diana3271
07-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi Everyone! The weekend is here! It's going to be a long weekend for us. We are going to be closed on Monday to observe the 4th of July. I hope everyone has fun but stays safe.

MamaP
07-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Diana ~ It does feel great to get into smaller sizes. I haven't really bought any pants - other than a few garage sale finds. I had some smaller sizes that I already owned that I've gone down into and even though they are looking pretty bad I'm still wearing a lot of the bigger sizes. Right now I can wear a variety of sizes (depending on what it is) ~ I'm really looking forward to saying "I'm a size _____" instead of the wide mix I currently have.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I leave on Sunday to go see the new grandbaby ~ I'm ready, but know I will need to stay focused on the food plan while I'm there.

patchworkpenguin
07-02-2010, 11:46 AM
July 1

Iced coffee 50
cereal 110
banana 100
milk 50
=310

6 meatballs 280
can of veg soup 220
=500

chicken breast 150
pasta 100
mixed veggies 100
cornbread 150

6 pieces homemade fudge 1,140

{who knew fudge had that many calores????}:dizzy:

Total = 2,450

Exercise,
Ped =1,770
60min weights

Weight,
218.8 down 1.6

Serbrider, we all get a little nuts over our pets.

Welcome, Caroline, Wysteria, and Impala!

Wysteria
07-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Right, today:

Breakfast:
Kallo rice puffs and semi skimmed milk again. Inventive :/

Then, to the gym for 45 minutes of **** aka spinning class. Dear lord it was hot. I was dripping at the end x.x

Lunch:
Jacket potato with cheese and baked beans. Mmm. And an energy drink because I honestly thought I was about to pass out.

Snack:
Three squares of Lindt Irish coffee chocolate. Be nice, Mother Nature is visiting still.

Dinner:
Oven baked potato wedges and a Quorn peppered steak with sweetcorn and peas. MMM.

And now, I'm enjoying a vodka and orange. I don't know how many calories I've taken in today but it's actually probably not as many as I think.

Writing down what I eat is really helpful because I realise I haven't eaten that many vegetables or fruit today. It's weird when I'm at home because I eat less of these here, at work I'm nibbling on apples and grapes throughout the day. I am really picky about my fruit and veg though. I will only eat broccoli, carrots, peas, sweetcorn and cauliflower, and for fruit I will only eat apples, grapes and at a push raspberries and strawberries. Ugh. Still working on this!

tabathana
07-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Looks like I get to join in!

Lets see..

Goal - 1200 calories daily
Breakfast
---------
Slimfast - 180

So far so good, but I feel hungry and it's only been 2 hours. Fighting hard to drink only water. And motivation for exercise is nill. Poop.

sotypical
07-02-2010, 02:54 PM
I need to get back on track. I doubt it will happen this weekend, but I am posting what I am eating regardless. I probably wont add up the calories. But just a start to try and get back on track.

Breakfast:
2 slices high fibre toast w/ fired egg, ham
soda crackers, couple cheese crackers

Snack:
venti light frap from Starbucks
oat fudge bar :(

Lunch:
baby carrots and 5 falafel balls with tzatziki
6 pork and veggie potstickers

Dinner:
probably going for chinese with my mom :(

On a good note, I did go to the pool this morning! I only swam about 1200m but it's a start!

Diana3271
07-02-2010, 03:23 PM
tabathana Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Courtnie I definitely encourage you to post even though you don't feel you have done well on a particular day. Sometimes you can learn from your own posts or others can as well. We're not perfect. All of this is a work in progress. You may not think you are going to do well during the weekend, but maybe you can do well the next meal, and then the next. Take it one step at a time. You may do better than you think. ;)

fashinjunkie09
07-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Mama, congrats on the lower size that's very exciting!!

Courtnie, you can do it! :)

It's quarter end at work so we've been crazy busy and will be all this month. I have been doing well, only went above my calories yesterday. My bf's nephew's 2nd birthday party was at McDonald's last night at 6:30 so that's what we had for dinner. I tried to plan, but no matter what you eat there the sodium is horrendous and the scale shows it today. Oh well, back OP!

7/2/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (420)
large cup of coffee w/ 3 tbsp ff Coffee Mate cinnamon creamer- 75
1 Chick fil a biscuit (work bought breakfast)- 310
1 pkt strawberry jam- 35
H2O- 0

Lunch (370)
Lean Cuisine orange chicken w/ rice and edemame- 290
light & fit strawberry banana yogurt- 80
H2O- 0

Snack PM (140)
small gala apple- 60
string cheese- 80
H2O- 0

Dinner (515)
2 small soft tacos w/ extra lean ground beef w/ light taco seasoning, 2 tbsp beans, 2 tbsp light sour cream, 2 tbsp 2% shredded cheese, and lettuce- 370
1 small crunchy taco w/ extra lean ground beef w/ light taco seasoning, 1 tbsp light sour cream, 1 tbsp 2% shredded cheese, and lettuce- 145
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,445 calories

blueridgegirl
07-02-2010, 05:13 PM
MamaP - congrats on the smaller size! That is so motivating. I'm sure you look great in the dress.

My Thursday:

breakfast - smoothie with skim milk, fat free organic plain yogurt, banana, and this nut butter combo (peanut, almond, and flaxseed and pumpkin seed) Super tasty and filling and good protein and carb combo

snack - coffee w/ skim milk

lunch - leftover piece of steak, couscous cooked with tomato sauce and spinach.

dinner - leftover arepa (colombian corn cake) with canned fat free refried beans, and some baby carrots

dessert - some dark chocolate. Mmmm.

Big NSV today - got up at 5:00 am to join a running group. It's called 'back on my feet' and is for people who are coming out of homelessness and/or substance abuse or other issues and those who want to support them. We met at the Boston Common and ran along the Charles River, a 3 mile loop. I ran the whole thing and was happy with my pace and just really enjoyed the whole experience. Everyone was supportive and cheering everybody else on, and just really positive. Too cool! Wearing my skinny pants today and generally feeling on top of the world. It's a three day weekend and it's beautiful outside - let's go enjoy it everybody!

munchievictim
07-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Jumping in :) Hi!
My goal for July is just got get back on track losing weight. I weight more than ever right now, I've gained about 20 lbs this year and I've got to do something to put the brakes on that. We just went on vacation to cocoa beach and the pictures of me in a bathing suit (I went through many rounds of argument with myself over buying a bathing suit to begin with, I can't remember the time before this I last wore a proper bathing suit to the beach), well they made me want to cry a little bit. Haha.
So here I am, trying to catch the wagon and jump back on it. I weighed 217 lbs when we got home from vacation (a personal high), and I weighed 213 today, about five days later.
Today I ate:
A cheese roll up--I make a snack sized (a tortilla wrapped around a piece of light string cheese, 100 calories) but I had one with extra cheese (shredded mexican blend) for lunch today, 200 calories.
Fritos and bean dip 195 calories
and I had the last two Godiva chocolates in a gift box I'd been given before vacation. usually I eat boxes of chocolate in one sitting, or at least one day. Small triumph. Lol. :)
The chocolate was 100 calories (and to die for).
So total 500 calories so far.
I'm not sure what to have for dinner. I want a cheeseburger and fries, but that's really out of the question. Leads me to think I need some protein though. Maybe a California Kitchen Pizza (even if I eat the whole thing, which I wouldn't, it's only 900 calories!) or a salad with grilled chicken.
Excited to join :) :wave:

Mary from Maine
07-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi All,

Looks like this is a great, supportive group!

My goal is to lose at least 5 pounds this month by sticking to my daily calorie limits, recording all calories in FitDay, and being accountable for both by posting in this forum. If I also get in some daily walking, so much the better. So far for the first 2 days of this month, calories are right on target AND have been faithfully recorded in FitDay.

Diana, love your tracking of monthly progress. You are doing SO great! Very inspiring!

Penguin, Wysteria, Love2b, Impala, Kris, BlueRidge (congrats on the NSV), Serb, Caroline (fellow Red Sox fan here), Tabatha, Courtnie, Fashin, and Munchie: Good luck with your goals!

Mary

ParadiseFalls
07-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Diana, thanks for reminding me about the new thread! I feel like an idiot, every month I forget to jump to the new thread! :dizzy:

1650-calorie day (normally 2,000 on my zig-zag schedule, but I went over yesterday so I'm making it up)
Actual: 1600

Woke up reeeeally late today!

Breakfast/lunch:
Luna bar [150]
Veggie burger [250]

Dinner:
2 bean tostadas [600]
Refried beans [200]
Chips and salsa [400]

Diana3271
07-02-2010, 06:20 PM
munchievictim & Mary from Maine Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Paradise Nothing wrong with a friendly reminder, you are a busy girl! ;) BTW, awww look at the little one in your profile. What a sweetheart!

SweetTink
07-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I love things like this!

Oh and Wysteria I'm in the same boat as you as far as pasta & breads. I need to avoid them. My family has a history of insulin resistance and I've found I always lose more weight when I cut down on the carbs. So that is going to be a continued focus of mine into July.

This is big and really, really, really super scary to post because in the past I've put up goals and then when I didn't achieve them got really :( and down.

It's so much harder for me to lose weight so I'm going to try to set a realistic goal for myself for the month of July, but I hope I lose more because I would need to so I can reach my end of summer goal. It's a big goal! Like huge! I am just trying to stay positive and think I can rather then do what I normally do and even though I try really hard to think I can I just don't do it. This time I'm trying to tell msyelf to just do it! Just get up, work harder, and do it!

So here is my July goal for all to see:

Before the end of July weigh 5.2 pounds lighter and be at 179.8! I still have not worked off my Christmas weight.

I'd feel awesome if I can get to 177! So I'm goign to focus on 177 but if I don't make that goal I'll still be happy if I make it at or below 179.8.

Thanks to all of you for the support and just telling your stories! Reading about what everyone is doing really helps! :)

love2b150
07-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Hi Ladies today is much better, maybe because I wasn't home most of the day :) works for me.

Breakfast (190)
Slim Fast only, ... had to take my van in. My brakes were almost gone, needed new rotors :(

Snack (150)
Yogurt and an apple

Lunch (317) very late lunch not until 3pm :(
3oz chicken breast on a deli thin, lettuce and 1/2 can vegetable soup, I added a cup of low sodium V8 it was very good

Afternoon snack (120)
2 cups of red grapes

Dinner (396)
salmon, L/C cheddar broccoli & potatoes, 1/2 cup extra broccoli, 3/4 banana (1/4 rotten)

only 1053 I'm leaving for my walk maybe I'll have some fruit when I get back :D

Does anybody know for sure how many calories are in grapes, I have found 60 or 110, which one is right? I have always used the 60

OK, came home had an apple with some Cool Whip, umm good additional 85 calories wanted more but didn't dare, it was too late. So calories today 1138

fashinjunkie09
07-02-2010, 07:23 PM
love, I use 60 as well.

I have a question for the sushi fans in here. My friend and I are going to eat it for dinner tomorrow night and my favorite roll (shrimp tempura) has way too many calories, of course. I was wondering what kinds you all like to get and if you know the calorie count of them? I was looking online and found a few, but I wondered if anyone knew of any other resources because there's a million different kinds of sushi! Thanks! :)

love2b150
07-02-2010, 07:59 PM
love, I use 60 as well.

I have a question for the sushi fans in here. My friend and I are going to eat it for dinner tomorrow night and my favorite roll (shrimp tempura) has way too many calories, of course. I was wondering what kinds you all like to get and if you know the calorie count of them? I was looking online and found a few, but I wondered if anyone knew of any other resources because there's a million different kinds of sushi! Thanks! :)

Thanks Fashin :)

Sweetcaroline
07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi Everyone... Happy Friday...

My food

Breakfast:
Lenders Plain bagel 140
Morning Star sausage patty 80
sprayed the bagel with icbinb
small pear

Lunch
2 TJ's breaded chicken breasts 180
salad greens
too much Goddess dressing 4 tbs
16 oz water

Melba toasts 8
low fat Cottage cheese half cup

Dinner
6oz. Boneless Chicken breast on grilled on George
asparagus, grilled on George
half cup brown rice
carrots

Planned snack... sugar free cherry italian ice
-or- chocolate raspberry Luna Bar...

Exercise: "Played" the pool... and 20 mins on TM 3.5mph/5 incline

Got stung by a bee in two places... :(

patchworkpenguin
07-02-2010, 10:55 PM
July 2

2 Iced coffee 100
banana 100
Panera Fuji Apple Salad 580
= 780

2 cups Cheerios 220

chicken 300
potato salad 180
=700

2 pieces homemade fudge 380

Total = 1,860

Exercise,
Ped =2,400
45min cardio

Weight,

ParadiseFalls
07-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Diana, He just turned 6 months. He's the sweetest!

ImpalaHoarder
07-02-2010, 11:20 PM
fashinjunkie09: My favorite kind of sushi of all time is raw tuna. Only about 25 calories per piece, if there's nothing in it but nori, rice, and tuna.

Food for the day!

Today was really hard for me because I was spending it with friends who are both 17 year old boys, and they can eat ANYTHING. I went a little off plan at dinner, but I'm proud to say that even thought I wanted to eat a ton more after that, I didn't. I'm currently curled up in bed with a diet coke, feeling a little deprived, but still on plan.

1 yoghurt- 110 calories
1 small movie theater popcorn-500ish calories (best guesstimation given info I found on the web- if you know better, please tell)
Fried rice with peas and chicken- I'm going to say probably no more than 500, because it was cooked by someone trying to lose weight herself and I had a pretty small amount
Biscotti- 150

So, all in all, 1260 calories. Yeah, yeah, 60 over. Still, surprisingly good. And tomorrow's a 1500 calorie day. :D I can make it up then.

One more upsetting thing, though: I had been pretty depressed most of the summer. A couple of days ago I started snapping out of it, and all of a sudden I find I'm hungry when I didn't care what I ate before. I like feeling better, but I do not like the hunger. Grr. >:(

Diana3271
07-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi Everyone! TGIF! Enjoy your weekend! Hopefully I can sleep late in the morning!:D

Total Approx 1625 calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Romaine Lettuce Leaves

Dinner (900 calories)
Friend Chicken Breast 400 calories
Macaroni and cheese 300 calories
Green Beans 200 calories

Exercise:
~TurboFire HIIT 15 (two times)
~Cardio & Core Dance Blast

loveAcat
07-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, so bear with me as I find my way around the forum... :)

I just started my personal lifestyle change last week, and I realized how easy it is to slip when I'm not 100% prepared for what life throws at me... so maybe this accountability thread can help? I hope so!

I'm trying to eat Low GI / clean (so no counting calories), but I definitely was not quite on plan today:

Breakfast:
Vitamin D capsule (forgot about my multivitamin!)

milk, skim, 1 cup
oatmeal, 1/2 cup
flaxseed, 1 Tbsp
blueberries and strawberries, 1 cup

Snack:
12 almonds

Lunch:
2 c lentil vegetable soup

Snack:
1 small Godiva dark chocolate bar with raspberry flavor
1 package dark chocolate raspberry truffles

Dinner:
2 c lettuce
1 lg chicken breast, grilled
2 Tbsp salad dressing

Snack:
2 c sf ff frozen yogurt with chocolate and raspberries

So looking at this... I need to lay off the high GI snacks.

What made me feel like I need to eat all of this? I was frustrated with work, and not motivated to work on my research (I'm a grad student), so I went for a quick shopping trip, and I *accidentally* shopped for the wrong things ;)

Note to self: bring a fiction book to work, so that I can distract myself from future situations like this.

Other goals for this week: get at least two servings of dairy a day.

I hope everyone else had a more successful Friday ;)

Diana3271
07-03-2010, 12:29 AM
loveAcat Hi and Welcome! :wave:

jendiet
07-03-2010, 12:31 PM
7-1 oh another month. Ok today's weight 184.4. I'll take it.

I went a little crazy on the frozen coffee drinks I make myself--but i was for the most part on plan today.

7-2 185.8 blah! really? water bloat? or what???
Don't feel good.--feel like a sore throat/sinus infection coming on.
4 hours shopping/walking.
2 hours cleaning.

DID not stay on plan, but only ate 1630 cs. i ate most of my calories at night.

7-3--dare I try to be good? wt 186.2 Come on Really??? i am guessing all of the pizza is just sitting in my tummy.

Today, i am going to try to stick to the plan, that way i won't overeat, yesterday, i was so busy and DIDN'T eat during the day. That had to affect something.

love2b150
07-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Looks like I get to join in!

Lets see..

Goal - 1200 calories daily
Breakfast
---------
Slimfast - 180

So far so good, but I feel hungry and it's only been 2 hours. Fighting hard to drink only water. And motivation for exercise is nill. Poop.

Hi Tabathana, have you tried the Slim Fast snack bars? They are pretty good, also the Special K bars. (inside the Slim Fast box *printed* are coupons for meal and snack bars). When I have a Slim Fast I eat a piece of fruit, cup of grapes something because I am the same way. I am hungry in two hours, but I eat every 3 hours for the most part, 7, 10, 1, 4, 7. Then I walk 2 miles or more. Hope this helps a little. :) Have a great weekend.

Writing down what I eat is really helpful because I realise I haven't eaten that many vegetables or fruit today. It's weird when I'm at home because I eat less of these here, at work I'm nibbling on apples and grapes throughout the day. I am really picky about my fruit and veg though. I will only eat broccoli, carrots, peas, sweetcorn and cauliflower, and for fruit I will only eat apples, grapes and at a push raspberries and strawberries. Ugh. Still working on this!

LOL Wysteria, I'm happy to know I'm not the only picky eater here. :D I like apples, grapes, cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, plums (I have to peel them), peaches and pears but only in a container not fresh unless I peel it.

Veggies, cabbage, broccoli (steamed), green beans, carrots must be cooked or it takes me forever to eat it, yuk. Spinach I just started eating and it's not as bad as I thought. I've actually gotten pretty creative with what I put it in. I like potatoes and corn also but they aren't really good for you? Are they? I like most things that go in salads. My problem is I have to peel most things to eat them and most of the nutrients are in the peels. Wow now that I'm typing this I guess I have grown up more in my 40's than I thought. I love this thread, thanks Diana it is such an eye opener. :)

Hi All,

Looks like this is a great, supportive group!

Penguin, Wysteria, Love2b, Impala, Kris, BlueRidge (congrats on the NSV), Serb, Caroline (fellow Red Sox fan here), Tabatha, Courtnie, Fashin, and Munchie: Good luck with your goals!

Mary

Welcome Mary, Thank you and best of luck to you also.

Diana3271
07-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Don't feel good.--feel like a sore throat/sinus infection coming on.

You know, my Husband has something. It started off at the beginning of the week. I thought it was allergies, but after the last couple of days, I think he has a cold. There must be something going around. I hope you feel better.

love2b150
07-03-2010, 01:16 PM
You know, my Husband has something. It started off at the beginning of the week. I thought it was allergies, but after the last couple of days, I think he has a cold. There must be something going around. I hope you feel better.

Diana I think it has something to do with the weather. We went from 90-100 degree temps to 60-80 degree temps. It was so chilly some evenings/nights we needed a jacket. Everyone seems to be coming down with some type of cold and it's making them feel really bad. Summer colds are bad to begin with. Well hope everyone gets better soon.

And :welcome: to Everyone new. Have a great weekend Everyone :hug:

Wysteria
07-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Saturday is over now, let's see what I've eaten today:

Breakfast:
Gluten free Chelsea bun and a small iced tea that really wasn't very nice, followed by a walk round the village during which I found the Happiest Cat In The World. It was having a dust bath in a hole in the road, and it looked totally blissed out. Really made me smile.

Lunch:
Japanese omlette made with two eggs, soy sauce and mirin and cooked in low-fat butter. VERY light and VERY tasty.

Then I went round the supermarket with Mum, because she can't push heavy trolleys or lift heavy bags, so I've done my share of resistance for the day!

Dinner:
Baked salmon in a teriyaki marinade with steamed rice, steamed broccoli, steamed cauliflower and half a corn cob. Plus a glass of OJ and ice.

...followed by a small bowl of Haagen Daas Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. And I mean small. Like, only three spoonfuls.

Not done too badly today! LOOK, VEGETABLES!

fashinjunkie09
07-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: I hope you are having a good weekend so far! And I hope everyone (and their SO's) get to feeling better soon!

Wysteria, great job on the veggies!! :carrot:

I'm pretty excited about tonight. My best girl friend and I are going to get mani/pedis, eat sushi, and see two movies (Twilight Eclipse and Sex and the City 2) :D.

7/3/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (287.5)
1 light flatout wrap- 90
4 tbsp bean dip- 70
1/2 slice 2% American cheese melted- 22.5
1 tbsp light sour cream- 20
lettuce- 0
2 tbsp chunky salsa- 10
H2O- 0

Lunch (522.5)
2 cups shredded lettuce w/ 1 tbsp 2% shredded cheese, chopped tomato, red onion, 15 pieces pop corn chicken :o, and 2 tbsp ranch dressing- 410
1 small potato wedge- 32.5
1 light & fit strawberry banana yogurt- 80
H2O- 0

Dinner (580)
1 spicy tuna roll- 290
1/2 shrimp tempura roll (can't resist!)- 255
1/2 tbsp spicy mayo- 25
1/2 tbsp siracha sauce- 0
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce- 10
H2O

= apprx 1,390 calories

I saved 100-150 calories for a movie snack. Hopefully the sushi will have filled me up, but if I must get something it's going to be ff Twizzlers and water! :)

Veil
07-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi everybody.
We are on vacation. I'll be back! =) 10 days-ish... Love & blessings to you all!!

Diana3271
07-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi everybody.
We are on vacation. I'll be back! =) 10 days-ish... Love & blessings to you all!!

Veil Have fun! Be safe!

tabathana
07-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Why do I do it?! Why? I know that when I got to my sisters I cant resist. They keep telling me its ok to eat foods you like, its ok to cheat now and then... I broke all my goals.

I promised myself I wouldnt have soda this month. I did.I promised I'd keep my portions down.... I stuffed myself. I promised I'd stay at 1200 -1400 calories... I dont even want to think about how much I ate today.

Breakfast at home... Slim-fast. 180 cals. Took a bottle of vitamin water with me. Ended up having strawberries that have been soaking for days in sugar.. over cake.. with whipped cream... fried pork steak... augratin potatos and corn with way too much butter. And I kept nibbling on it way after I was full cause it tasted so damn good.

I feel like such a failure.

patchworkpenguin
07-03-2010, 11:25 PM
July 3

2 Iced coffee 100
banana 100
cereal 110
milk 50
= 360

˝ turkey sandwich 115
2 c corn 200
1 cup curry couscous 200
= 515

chicken 300
slice bread 130
potato salad 180
ice cream 220
caramel sauce 110
Reddi whip 40
= 980

Total = 1,855

Exercise,
Ped =1,700
cleaned house.

Weight,

Tab, don't feel like a failure. we all go a little nuts sometimes :dizzy: . Start fresh, and don't look back. :hug:

Veil, have a good time.

love2b150
07-03-2010, 11:45 PM
7/3/10

Breakfast (285)
Chocolate Slim fast and a banana

Snack (90)
Special K bar

Lunch (516)?
Salad=lettuce, tomato, beets, shred cheddar, bacon bits, (canned) chicken breast, 1000 island, cup of skim

Snack (265)
Baked lays a serving and a half, sunflower seeds

Dinner (300)
salmon, L/C Alfredo pasta with broccoli (came with chicken, I can't stand the chicken that comes in them it so I throw it away) I couldn't eat all of it (too much pasta) so I believe a little less than half was left.

After my 3 mile walk
1/2 grapefruit (47)

Total calories today 1503
Total water today 8+ glasses
Gotta work on a better balance for digestion

Diana3271
07-03-2010, 11:47 PM
tabathana Hi and Welcome to the Check-in. :wave: Keep trying. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Total Approx 1935 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: 220 Calories + swipe horshradish/dijon
Sliced tomato

Snack (50 calories)
Venti Iced coffee w/1 sweet 'n low and splash cream 50 calories

Dinner 1300 calories
Beef Kabob 500 calories
Green Beans 200 calories
Snow Peas 100 calories
Yellow rice 200 calories
Sweet tea 100 calories
2 chocolate chip cookies 200 calories

Exercise:
~3 Mile Mall Walk in 37 minutes

Natalia
07-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Hi girls! First time here :) on the daily. Today was unusual bc I was at Mom's for the day where I always eat less (too busy chatting to eat, LOL) and I have a stuffy nose/sore throat, which is kiling the appetite.

Goals:
Lower- Carb (under 40 daily)
Under 1500 calories daily

Breakfast
1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries, coffee with stitch of cream

snack- cheesestring and almonds

Lunch- 1 minute chocolate flax cake (I know!)

snack- grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas

Supper - portabella veggie burger , 1 tsp honey mustard, 8 shrimp

snack- 1/2 cup strawberries with splenda and cool whip lite
another packet almonds
Also: NSA cough drops, lots of water

Diana3271
07-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Natalia Hi and Welcome! :wave: My DH has a cold right now, so I think there's something going around.

Losing It 2010
07-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Okay we are into Day 4 of July, HAPPY 4th of July everyone. Anyhow my goal for July is to stay away from all fast food and soda along with eating healthier. So far no soda and fast food, eating healthier EXCEPT for last night I dipped into the DIP, well tbsp of Caramel dip with my granny smith apple.. I feel like I am doing well and will keep posting here to make sure I stay out of the dip ( I threw the last bits in the container away)

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the July Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer3:

love2b150
07-04-2010, 03:35 PM
[

Exercise,
Ped =1,700
cleaned house.

Hi Penguin, which or what brand pedometer do you have? I have 2 and the count is so inaccurate. Thank you

7/4/10

Breakfast (275)
French Vanilla Slim fast and a banana

Snack after Church @ 9:30ish (160)
Slim fast bar and an apple

Snack with DH while he ate breakfast @ 11:30 (177)
grits and 1/2 grapefruit

Lunch (405)
Spinach omelet made with egg sub, 1/2 turkey, shred cheddar *very good

Dinner (396)
Salad, lettuce, beets,chicken breast (can), tomato, shredded cheddar

Late snack (60)
grapes

total calories 1473

I only walked 2 miles, my left thigh started to ache like crazy.

My kids cooked on the grill, I would have really loved to eat a hot dog, a smoked sausage and a cheeseburger yesterday but I DIDN'T, yay me!!! :carrot:

Wysteria
07-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Today I have properly had the munchies :3

Breakfast:
Kallo rice puffs with semi skimmed milk and a glass of OJ followed by a mug of tea.

Lunch:
Gluten free pasta with bolognese sauce made with lean beef, onions, chopped tomatoes, mushrooms and herbs with a glass of chilled white wine on the side.

Snack:
Small bowl of cold rice with sweet chilli sauce.

'Dinner':
Derp, lots >< Small bowl of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food, half a venison burger (just the patty, no bread) and half a small Borewos (South African) sausage.

And I'm STILL hungry.

God. I've eaten LOADS today. Must behave tomorrow!

patchworkpenguin
07-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi Penguin, which or what brand pedometer do you have? I have 2 and the count is so inaccurate. Thank you

I had a old Sportline and it recenlty broke. I bought another cheap Sportline at Walmart and its inaccurate also. I'm in a Ped checkin on another forum, and they recomend the Omron 115 or similar models. They are digital, so can be worn clipped to clothing or stuck in a pocket, and run about $25 on Amazon. Hope that helps.

ETA: I had the number wrong. Here's a link http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-112-Digital-Pocket-Pedometer/dp/B0000U1OCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1278274649&sr=1-1

love2b150
07-04-2010, 04:20 PM
I had a old Sportline and it recenlty broke. I bought another cheap Sportline at Walmart and its inaccurate also. I'm in a Ped checkin on another forum, and they recomend the Omron 115 or similar models. They are digital, so can be worn clipped to clothing or stuck in a pocket, and run about $25 on Amazon. Hope that helps.

It does thank you.

ImpalaHoarder
07-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Fooooood!

3 cans V8- 90 calories
2 slices turkey-100 calories
1 yoghurt - 100 calories
1 cheeseburger- ~600 calories (rounded up)

Total:890 calories. To make it about 1000, my goal for the day, I'm thinking I'm going to have another yoghurt around 10. Also probably lots of green tea, since I used up my calories more quickly than I would have liked. My family was all having dinner together, and I figured I ought to eat with them. Honestly, I was surprised by how many calories were in it. Ah, well. Tomorrow is another, 1200 calorie day.

Natalia
07-04-2010, 09:35 PM
me, for today (still stuffy nose, no appetite)
Goals- under 40g carb, at around 1400 cals

breakfast- 1c cottage cheese, 1/2 c blueberries, coffee w/cream
L- portabella burger w/cheese slice and side of tossed salad
s- 1 cup watermelon, 1 pkt almonds
Supper- 2 eggs, crumbled bacon bits
s- 1 min chocolate cake, 1T NSA jam
now- sunflower seeds

Diana3271
07-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1775 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch 150 Calories
Venti Iced Coffee w/sweet 'n low and splash cream 50 calories
Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds Snack Pack 100 calories

Dinner 1260 calories
1/2 salad w/Ranch 160 calories
2 Coconut Shrimp w/sauce 190 calories
Bread w/butter 160 calories
Salmon 600 calories
Steamed veggies 150 calories

Exercise:
~TurboFire Fire 30
~Core 20 (only 10 minutes)

ParadiseFalls
07-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Oh boy...went to 4th of July party AND my mom cooked at home, so today is not a menu I'm proud of! :dizzy:

This stuff was eaten arbitrarily throughout the day, so I'm not going to do meal breakdowns!

Veggie burger [300]
2 small cheese sandwiches [400]
Baked potato [300]
Chocolates [400?]
Cake with ice cream [????]

Total: Let's say 3,400? That would be if I ate 2,000 calories worth of cake and ice cream. Unlikely, but not impossible!

love2b150
07-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks again Penguin, I looked at a bunch yesterday on Amazon. I have to convince my DH to buy me a new one. :)

Started spotting last night not sure what's going on. My cycle is so irregular.

7/5/10

Breakfast (250)
Ski milk, honey nut cheerios, V8 fusion

Snack (170/180-220)
baked lays=120 and a medium size orange (can't locate the correct calories range from 50/60 to 100)

Lunch (346)
L/C ravioli, soy chili, a grapefruit and a few sunflower seeds

Snack (70)
Pretzel cheese snack

Dinner (415)
whole grain wrap with a slice of turkey, slice of cheese, lettuce and light mayo, Kashi cerea' dry, yogurt (forgot about my f/f choc pudding with cool whip) 105

late snack (60)
grapes

Total calories today 1462

Walked 3 1/2 miles for the first time. I'm getting up there wanna one day do 5 (without having to go to the bathroom), then some jogging, then some running :) One of these days

L R K
07-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Wow! July already, let'd make it a goal making, OP month!

Welcome to the thread Wysteria, ImpalaHoader, Sweetcaroline, Tabathana, Munchie, Mary, loveAcat, Natalia, Losing. I know you will find plenty of motivation and insporation here to help you reach your goals! Good luck!

Well girls, June was an up and down month for me. Getting back on track this month, my goal is to get back in Onderland! Wish me luck!

Here is my plan for the day 7/5/2010

B - 1 WW wheat thin bun with swipe of margarine, 1 omlete with chopped chicken bacon and light chedder cheese + 12 small stawberries + 1 choc. milk

L - Salmon Salad on Multi-grain with side salad

S - 1 Apple

D - Shrimp with avocado, old school marie rose sauce and broccoli sprouts

Drinking: 1 morning coffee + 2L water throughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: 30min brisk walk with the dog - it;s super hot today so it's going to have to be a very late walk!

Have a happy, healthy and OP day! :wave:

Diana3271
07-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Lauren Salmon Salad sounds delish! I had salmon last night and it was yummy for sure. I need to try to eat salmon more regularly. The shrimp with avacado sounds delish, too. You have a rockin' menu today! Have you been eating broccoli sprouts very long or is this a new food for you? I received an email from Eat This Not That and it mentioned broccoli sprouts. Yesterday I went to Earth Fare (one of our healthy grocery stores) and picked up a package of the broccoli sprouts. I plan on using them this week in place of lettuce on my sandwiches. I looked at the website on the package and it says that John Hopkins University has done studies on broccoli sprouts and their cancer fighting properties. It sounds like it's better for you than lettuce. If I like the way it tastes on my sandwich, I might make the switch. ;) I bought the 100% broccoli sprouts. Here's their site in case anyone has time to do extra reading :D ;) http://www.broccosprouts.com/default.asp

fashinjunkie09
07-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi all! I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend! I didn't count calories yesterday- I don't think I ate horribly, just too much. Anyway, back OP today!

7/5/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (420)
2 slices homemade low cal banana nut bread w/ 1/2 tbsp light veggie oil "butter"- 345

Lunch (480)
1 small grilled chicken leg- 150
1 oz grilled smoked sausage- 85
1 tbsp BBQ sauce- 30
1/2 cup pasta salad- 90
1 small corn on the cob w/ 1/2 tbsp light veggie oil "butter" and 1 tsp parm- 125
H2O- 0

Snack PM (80)
H2O- 0

Dinner (435)
1.5 cup tuna helper- 390
1 cup steamed broccoli- 45
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,415 calories

Wysteria
07-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Have felt sick most of the day so haven't eaten much:

Breakfast:
Fat-free natural yoghurt with some strawberries and blueberries tossed in.

Lunch:
Small, and I mean small, chicken salad with no dressing. It was literally the size of a saucer, this salad.

Dinner:
Nothing. I think if I eat I'll throw up :3

I've drunk lots of water today and some tea, but otherwise I don't think I can keep much down. Urrgh, brb bed x.x

love2b150
07-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Wysteria, I hope you're feeling better soon.

patchworkpenguin
07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Getting behind again.

July 4

2 Iced coffee 100
Jason’s Med Wrap 300
Mixed veggies 30

homemade shish Kabobs 345
chicken, steak, bell pepper, onion, potato
rice 200

ice cream 220
caramel sauce 110
= 330

cereal 110
banana 100
milk 50

Total = 1,575

Exercise,
Ped = 405 ~ forgot to put it back on after I changed clothes.
45min cardio

Weight,

loveAcat
07-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July (if you celebrate).
I did celebrate, and it wasn't as OP as I think it should be. Too much cider and beer >_<

But anyways, I'm back OP today, and that's all that matters now :)

This is me so far:

* Vit D & multivitamin

milk, skim, 1 cup
oatmeal, 1/2 cup
flaxseed, 1 Tbsp
1 small banana

1 grapefruit

3 cups lettuce
1.5 oz light feta cheese
4 Tbsp pinto beans
2 Tbsp homemade olive oil vinaigrette
1 ww english muffin
1 Tbsp Hummus

1 piece dark chocolate
1 c cherries

I'm off to go see "Knight and Day" with some friends, and we'll probably grab dinner afterwards. I'm thinking about steering them towards Panera (I love their black bean soup!)

ImpalaHoarder
07-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Feel better, Wysteria.

So far today: 1 yoghurt. :/ I've been at the bird shelter I volunteer at all day and haven't had time to eat anything else yet (lol, though apparently I always have time to bum around on 3fc). What to eat is a little bit of a tricky issue, or rather, how much to eat is. I'm going out to dinner with my father and brother soon at a restaurant that has great nostalgic value for my family but also suuuper unhealthy food. I'm going to go for a caesar salad, but if they order something ultra tasty like potato skins as an appetizer I might not be able to hold out. Since we're about to go anyway I'm contemplating just not eating before so I can't possibly screw myself up that badly. On the other hand, it might help to go full... hmmmm :/

Also, although this is scheduled as a 1200 calorie day I think I should probably reschedule that 1200 calorie day- easier without restaurant food. We'll see, though.

sotypical
07-05-2010, 05:28 PM
After a frustrating morning I caved to the deliciousness of Wendy's. *sigh* My back was so sore this morning I went to the ER. The doctor at the ER was such a jerk I left crying out of frustration. He pretty much told me to live with the pain; maybe forever.

B- coffee w/ half and half
high fibre toast w/ ham and egg

L- wedny's chicken burger and fries
slurpee

S - coffee w/ half and half

D- healthy shepard's pie

jendiet
07-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Well, let's see...so the scale WAS going up. But since I decided to have a few drinks on July 3rd--of hmmm. I drank 1 whole Bud light lime. 3 shots of tequila, and something else in a cup--i have no idea what it was. Since I am not a drinker. I got alcohol poisoning and was SICK AS A DOG. From 11 pm to 11pm the next day. I threw up so much i got a good ab workout.

Hey looking on the bright side. Still very very weak....but hey i'm 5 lbs down! woohoo! jk. I think that is water losses...so I will see a little bit of a rebound.

I did so good on the 3rd--we had our big cookout on the 3rd. I only ate one hot dog and a bunch of watermelon and salad. I couldn't eat once I started drinking...and after that I couldn't keep anything down.

July 5th. Not on plan, but trying to eat.

so far 1 pc pizza
1 tsp ranch
3 chunks of watermelon
glass gatorade
water.

sotypical
07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
WOW Jen, you got alcohol poisoning from that little? Are you sure you are not allergic or something? I am def. not a big drinker - 3 shots of tequila would probably make me puke once or twice, but that's it.

I got incredibly sick after drinking once, like threw up for hours - but I think it was just food poising that happened at the same time.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Diana3271
07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
After a frustrating morning I caved to the deliciousness of Wendy's. *sigh* My back was so sore this morning I went to the ER. The doctor at the ER was such a jerk I left crying out of frustration. He pretty much told me to live with the pain; maybe forever.

Courtnie That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear this. Do you have an existing back issue or is this something new?

Jen That sounds awful, too! I don't handle getting sick like that very well. I hope you start feeling better.

sotypical
07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Courtnie That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear this. Do you have an existing back issue or is this something new?

The pain has been fairly bad about 3 weeks now. Not like, super bad - but bad enough that I was at my wits end this morning. I think it first started about two months ago, but it wasn't bad at the beginning. Before that nothing was wrong. He was just such a jerk. It's not like a rushed myself to the ER - I tried EVERYTHING I could first and nothing works (chiropractor, massages, swimming, pain killers, muscle relaxants, stretching, hot baths). He just said my muscle is like permanently contracted and I just have to wait it out.

He gave me some sleeping pills. And told me to take ibuprofen and tylenol together.

jendiet
07-05-2010, 06:35 PM
omg, courtney. I don't believe any one should tell you that! wow what a jerk. I had a bad experience at the ER too. I COULDN'T walk--i was weak...i just kept falling down. I sat in the lobby for 45 minutes retching bile...and the Triage nurse finally got to me...and said "well you only have a little bit of blood in that vomit, you are not puking bright red blood" ARE YOU MAD??? i'm vomiting so hard I'm puking blood.

She said I would probably have to wait another 2 hours. I'm in nursing school, i know the deal. All i wanted was some phenergen and some fluids! I just said 'NO! I'M GOING back home." and left the ER still couldn't walk, and retched all the way home. finally drunk some more gatorade, and puked it up, but eventually i started retaining fluids---i just had to keep drinking despite the vomiting.

then at 5pm...the pepto seemed to slow the attacks down, and i drank more...and then my lovely SO made me some ramen. which i kept down with several more rounds of pepto.

one time, i threw my back out. i think it was a contracture because I couldn't stand up straight--and God it hurt. i suffered for about a week with it. I had to squat with my legs open and back straight to pick something up.... One night after praying i felt really strongly to put a straight board under my mattress. I did it. when i did that. I woke up to NO more pain.

ImpalaHoarder
07-05-2010, 09:53 PM
sotypical: Ouch, I'm sorry. I hope it clears up. :(

Food:

1 yoghurt-100 calories
1 slice deli turkey -50 calories
2 cans V8-60 calories
1 Chili's caesar salad- no idea. Let's just mark up the day as 1500 and forget about it.

Finally got my scale's battery replaced. Was delighted to see it read 168 this morning. Stepped on tonight and it said 173. WHAT. NOT OKAY. I know it's probably just water weight, but my weight usually does not fluctuate like this. It's really irritating since I haven't been a day off my 1200 calorie/day plan for a week and a half, and I've usually been under the limit. AND I've just started exercising more (no jogging till I get my ipod shuffle, because I detest jogging without music, but multi-hour walks every day). Really makes me disappointed. I wanted to finally see the 150's on my scale before I headed off to college where I would not have it, but now it's looking like that's not going to happen. Not going to binge, partially because I don't have enough energy, but I feel lousy.

Diana3271
07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Was delighted to see it read 168 this morning. Stepped on tonight and it said 173. WHAT. NOT OKAY.

Impala Only weigh yourself the same time everyday, preferably in the AM right after waking and urination. If you weigh later in the day again you will normally weigh heavier. You have everything in your body that you consumed that day, so it's not accurate.

Serbrider
07-05-2010, 11:01 PM
OK... did good on the calorie counting today (not really with the actual FOOD choice though). Heading out for my run in a bit. And then later do my 20 minutes of yoga... and something else. Don't quite know what yet. I did make a whole big poster that is on my bedroom wall... and it's awesome. :D At least... I think it is. ;) just a little something extra for motivation.

So... here's my calorie count for the day (eating nothing else, will try and drive the 45 minutes to the walmart tomorrow)-

Breakfast -
1 cup cheerios - 110
1/2 cup 2% milk - 60
Total - 170

Lunch -
1 and a half Chicken Tenderloins (breaded) - 250
6 baby carrot sticks - 30
1 tbsp ranch dressing - 60
3 tbsp ketchup - 50
1 small corn on the cob - 60
Total - 450

Dinner -
Homemade Salad - 150 (don't feel like listing EVERYTHING in it)
Total - 150

Other -
Chocolate Cake - 250
Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream - 350
Total - 600

Goal for the Day: in between 1400 and 1500
Total for the Day: ~1370 (might have a fruit thing after my run)

so yeah. :)

patchworkpenguin
07-05-2010, 11:07 PM
July 5

1 Iced coffee 50
Olive Garden Apricot Chicken 330
salad 200
2.5 breadsticks 350

Fudge Snickers Bar 250
= 1,180

veg soup 150
turkey sandwich 230
banana 100
choc sauce 100
= 580

Total = 1,760

Exercise,
Ped =1,119 half day.
40min cardio

Weight,

Diana3271
07-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1700 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch/Dinner (1335 Calories)
Pork Satay w/sauce 375 calories
Won Ton Soup 200 calories
3 Fresh Basil Spring Rolls 580 Calories
Thai Peanut sauce 180 calories

Exercise:
~TurboFire Fire 60 Class

Losing It 2010
07-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Well today I did my weekly weigh in and I was 1 lb down, whoohoo and today is my day off from work so I had to deal with the "I have time to graze" mode unlike at work where I can't eat all day. Anyhow it was a good day, I think I went over my 1363 calorie mark maybe by 200 calories as I went to Panera and had french onion soup (did not eat croutons) and two pieces of the baguette bread. I placed it on my calorie log page the best I could but of course it's not accurate to the weight and amount. I did not eat all the soup but I did the bread. It was a good day still, no soda and no fast food (i.e McDonalds)

Natalia
07-05-2010, 11:21 PM
mmm, wonton soup- very yummy!
me for today: (goals <40g carb, <1400 calories)

Breakfast- 1c cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 pkt almonds
Lunch- turkey salad from Subway
snack- cheesestring
Supper- chicken breast, spinach & strawberry salad
now: sunflower seeds
and LOTS of H2O! So hot today!!

L R K
07-06-2010, 10:12 AM
The pain has been fairly bad about 3 weeks now. Not like, super bad - but bad enough that I was at my wits end this morning. I think it first started about two months ago, but it wasn't bad at the beginning. Before that nothing was wrong. He was just such a jerk. It's not like a rushed myself to the ER - I tried EVERYTHING I could first and nothing works (chiropractor, massages, swimming, pain killers, muscle relaxants, stretching, hot baths). He just said my muscle is like permanently contracted and I just have to wait it out.

He gave me some sleeping pills. And told me to take ibuprofen and tylenol together.

Courtnie - I hear ya on the back pain. I have the same problem, it comes and goes as it pleases. I have found the best thing to do is take the ibuprofen and tylenol together and then have an extremely hot bath. This usually works for me and i'll be able to sleep. I hope it helps you too.

L R K
07-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi All :)

jendiet - I hope you feel better!

Losing_It - Congrats on the 1lb loss!! :cheer:

Here is my plan for the day 7/6/2010

B - 3/4 cup bran flakes with 1/2 skim milk + 1 peach + 1 light babybel cheese

L - Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and salad

S - 1 apple

D - Not sure yet, it is soccer night tonight so i'll be eating dinner alone.

Exercise: Wii fit Plus

Have a happy, healthy and OP day :wave:

Diana3271
07-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Lauren I posted this yesterday: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3371645-post68.html Today will be my first time for trying broccoli sprouts. Do they taste pretty good? :D

Diana3271
07-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Jen How far do you live from Greenville? I know I asked before, but I forgot. :o I saw in our local paper Greenville is getting a Trader Joe's. I wish we would get one here!

jendiet
07-06-2010, 12:13 PM
diana, i am just 45 minute hop, skip, jump from Greenville. I don't go that way alot though. I am usually headed to Spartanburg if I am traveling. Is that where you live--greenville?. I heard Trader Joe's has yummy food. I like organic.

well, stomach still pretty touchy

I ate 2 pcs thin crust pizza--it took me 3 hours to eat one.
1 cup breakfast shake
10 cherries
3 chunks watermelon
1 pc chicken
3 bites ramen
water

Today: try to be on plan again w lots of water (water goal 1 gallon)

GOAL: 6 Mi/Me, 5S, 5Fr, 2V, 2Fa
breakfast shake 1 Mi, 1 fa

Wysteria
07-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Felt a bit better today, got into work for 7.30am for a conference call with head office (which is 2 timezones ahead, ugh), flitted around the office catching up with the stuff I had hanging over from last week when I was on leave, left work at 3.45pm, went and did the grocery shopping, filled the Wysteria-mobile up with petrol, got home about 20 minutes ago and am now chillaxing with some Criminal Minds. Shopping counts as exercise, lol.

Anyway, food:

Breakfast:
2 Oatybix biscuit thingies with a tub of natural fat free yoghurt and some maple syrup for a bit of sweetness and a cup of strong black coffee to wake me up before the meeting.

Snack:
Apple. Om nom nom. It was particularly good!

Lunch:
Brussels pate and salad with a smidgeon of dressing, small (and I mean like fun size) packet of Butterkist popcorn and a bottle of Lucozade energy drink.

Dinner:
Currently nomming on 2 gluten free crispbreads with brie. Mmmm. I might finish the tub of Ben & Jerry's later, dunno, lol. Oh, I've been bad today. But you know what, I don't really care! :)

Diana3271
07-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Jen I live in Charleston, so the new Trader Joe's won't be an option for me. ;) I hope we get one here one day. Our only healthy stores are Whole Foods and Earth Fare. Both of them are about 15-20 miles away. I will normally go to one of those once or twice a month. I have heard Trader Joe's is alot cheaper than Whole Foods. I would even be happy if we got a Whole Foods on my side of town. :D

fashinjunkie09
07-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Hope everyone is having a good week so far! :)

7/6/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (420)
2 slices homemade low cal banana nut bread w/ 1/2 tbsp light veggie oil "butter"- 345
H2O- 0

Lunch (520)
Subway 6" turkey sandwich on wheat w/ American cheese, lettuce, onion, jalapeńo, and light mayo- 380
1 small bag baked sour cream & onion chips- 140
H2O- 0

Snack PM (80)
H2O- 0

Dinner (410)
4 oz grilled lean pork chop- 160
1/2 cup stovetop stuffing- 160
1/2 cup sauteed mushrooms- 60
1/4 cup brown gravy- 30
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,430 calories

jendiet
07-06-2010, 05:41 PM
i live in Greenwood. You live in a very busy city.

ugh, i hate the 4 o'clock loll.

GOAL: 6 ME/MI, 5s, 5Fr, 2V, 2Fa

Ok, so far today:

breakfast shake- 1 mi, 1 fa
chicken 1 Me
cucumbers-free
1tsp ranch -1/2 fa
16 cherries-1 FR

1/4 cup hash- 1 me
1 slice cheese- 1 mi
2 crackers and a bite of a sandwhich=1/2 S
sour kraut-1 V
coffee drink- 1 mi, 1S, 1 fa

8 cherries-1/2 FR.

4 Mi/Me, 2 1/2 fa, 1 1/2 S, 1 1/2 Fr, 1 V

a little on the low side, but yay for being back on plan!:carrot:

love2b150
07-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Really bummed today ... I have weighed the same thing for 3 days. 182.6. How do I get off this plateau? I am thinking my calorie intake with my calories burned is too low but not sure. I think I ate a little more so far today, but not sure. Haven't had dinner yet, but I feel stuffed. Just had a f/f chocolate pudding with cool whip and some watermelon. I'll be back later to post my food for today.

Diana3271
07-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Really bummed today ... I have weighed the same thing for 3 days. 182.6. How do I get off this plateau? I am thinking my calorie intake with my calories burned is too low but not sure. I think I ate a little more so far today, but not sure. Haven't had dinner yet, but I feel stuffed. Just had a f/f chocolate pudding with cool whip and some watermelon. I'll be back later to post my food for today.

I saw your other post at the daily weigh-in thread about your calories. It seems like your calories should be fine. Three days isn't long to be at one weight. Maybe give it a week and then re-evaluate. Are you getting close to TTOM? Are you eating higher sodium foods? So many things contribute to our daily fluctuations or lack of. I would really give it a week and see what happens.

love2b150
07-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Diana thank you, I hope it's ok to say I can always count on you to help me. Thank you :) ... you know it's funny last month I came on, on the 13th and only stayed on for 3 days. Sunday I started spotting and have been off and on since. Went to church came back I had cramps. Still spotting but that's it. I have always been irregular since age 11. 33 years later no difference. About the sodium I am really careful about my salt intake since reading the post on here, I'll learning quite a bit. I can tell by my wedding rings they get uncomfortably tight when I have had too much salt. I'm gonna go ahead and take your advice and give it until Saturday and see what happens. I was thinking if I increase my calories, I'll feel like I'm feeling right now, stuffed and bloated. Not a good feeling at all. However I have put a second hole in my belt so I am losing inches. I sure wish I had taken my measurements when I first started.

Natalia
07-06-2010, 07:58 PM
love2b- patience, baby! 3 days is not a stall, in my book. I was the same weight for 6 weeks, now that felt like a stall. LOL so I had to tweak things.

Me today, goals: <40g carb, <1400 calories

Breakfst- 1c cottage cheese, 1/2 c blueberries, almonds
s- grape tomatoes, cheesestring, coffee w/cream
Lunch- 2 hb eggs, green beans
s-skinny cinnamon dolce
Supper-burger patty with cheese, veggies

patchworkpenguin
07-06-2010, 08:49 PM
July 6

1 Iced coffee 50
roast beef sandwich 230
fruit 50
fiber bar 120
= 450

homemade spaghetti 600
foccocia 280
iced coffee 50
˝ Snickers 125
= 1,055

Total = 1,505

Exercise,
Ped =2,500
55min cardio/weight intervals

Weight,

Wysteria, Chilaxing, LOL!

loveAcat
07-06-2010, 09:36 PM

Do you weigh in every day? I find that I fluctuate too much during the week and that stresses me out... so I make myself weigh in only once a week. Maybe you could try switching up your exercise? Good luck!

as for food today...

* Vit D & multivitamin

milk, skim, 1 cup
oatmeal, 1/2 cup
flaxseed, 1 Tbsp
1 grapefruit

1 apple

4 cups lettuce
4 Tbsp beans
1.5 oz light feta cheese
2 Tbsp pickle slices
2 Tbsp olive oil vinaigrette

2 cups cherries
1 banana

Fritatta:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c egg whites
- 1/2 c skim milk
- 1 c artichoke hearts
- 1/2 c broccoli
- 1.5 oz feta cheese
- 1 sm red potato
- 1 1/2 c asparagus

Exercise: running 20 mins for the first time in... like a year or so? gosh, I'm so out of shape!

I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!

Diana3271
07-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1485 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Romain Lettuce Leaves or Broccoli sprouts

Dinner (760 calories)
Grilled Roast Beef 280 Calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories
1 order turnip greens 100 calories
1 packaged ice cream cup 100 calories
1 fun size twix 80 calories

Exercise:
~TurboFire Fire 30

jendiet
07-06-2010, 11:25 PM
love, 3 days is a little frustrating. I feel your pain. I got stuck at a certain weight for 3 months! But i was losing inches, so whatever it was--the measurements kept me motivated...until i got overwhelmed with life problems again! But take those measurements!

love2b150
07-07-2010, 12:06 AM
love2b- patience, baby! 3 days is not a stall, in my book. I was the same weight for 6 weeks, now that felt like a stall. LOL so I had to tweak things.

Natalia 6 weeks wow, you all are good. I would have probably given up. How did you tweak things? I'll be patient though :)

Do you weigh in every day? I find that I fluctuate too much during the week and that stresses me out... so I make myself weigh in only once a week. Maybe you could try switching up your exercise? Good luck!

LoveAcat, I do weigh in every day, most of the time more than once or twice. I've gotten really good about guessing my correct when I re-weigh. I am trying to do some other things in my mind, but they aren't happening yet. I do better when I have someone to work out with and so far the only thing I have right now are walking partners.

love, 3 days is a little frustrating. I feel your pain. I got stuck at a certain weight for 3 months! But i was losing inches, so whatever it was--the measurements kept me motivated...until i got overwhelmed with life problems again! But take those measurements!

Jen wow 3 months. I guess I need to stop whinning, huh! Yeah I was happy to see that my jeans had quite a bit of room. They were my favorite pair. I don't have money to get new clothes right now so thank goodness for freecycle. I'll just ask for a few items and hope that I get them. And I will definitely take my measurements in the morning.

Well thanks, talk to you all tomorrow. I know I said I'd be patient but I do hope that scale is friendly to me in the morning :) Good night

ImpalaHoarder
07-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Today was pretty hectic- out and about doing various things from when I woke up.

Food:
2 cans V8-60 calories
1 bottle diet orange soda-38 calories
1 cup noodles, beef and vegetable-300 calories
Some of my friend's popcorn- no idea but for definite less than 600 calories so let's call it that.
9 pieces of pepperoni ~100 calories
1 yoghurt - 100 calories

Total: 1198ish calories. So hard coming home though. Opened the refrigerator to get my yoghurt and first thing that hits me is chocolate cake. Barely even bothered me, since I've so firmly written it out of the possibility for today But THEN, ah, THEN my eyes lighted upon a tupperware container of caesar salad, which may be my very favorite food ever. It was really hard to wrench myself away, but I reminded myself that I could have it tomorrow.

love2b150
07-07-2010, 12:20 AM
forgot my food intake today

Breakfast (285)
skim milk, V8 fusion, banana, 1/2 serving dry Kashi

Lunch (608) sounds bad I know, I made a burger, left over from Sunday, not a good choice. I ate about 1/3 and threw the rest away, yuky. That was made with a sandwich thin, 80/20 burger, 2% cheese, catsup and mustard total calories for that nasty burger 505 divided by 3 (168) then I had a can of vegetable soup, with a cup of V8, 10 saltines crackers and 2 cups of n/s added grapefruit juice

Snack (191)
f/f chocolate pudding, with cool whip and then some watermelon

Dinner (395)
Fish fillet with garlic butter, yellow squash with onion, and a sandwich thin with a tbsp of peanut butter <--- what a treat

Total calories 1479 ok add 60 eating grapes 1539

walked 3 miles in 90 degree heat

jendiet
07-07-2010, 12:44 AM
woohoo love. sounds like a good day. You are really understanding your dietary choices have consequences--you threw out 2/3 of a burger!

good job on the exercise.

I forgot to put my activity in today:

2 hours shopping
3 hours cleaning

jendiet
07-07-2010, 02:46 PM
July 7th! woot woot! already got 20 min of running on the rebounder. Wii calculated it to be 3.398 miles!

activity: cleaning 30 min, reorganizing shed- 45 min, play swim 15 min
exercise: 20 min running, 3.398 miles (wii), 5 min yoga.

FOOD GOAL: 6 mi/me, 5S, 5 Fr, 2V, 2 Fa

Food: 2 eggs= 1me
1/2 glass milk = 1/2 mi

2 eggs-1 Me
1/2 cup beans-1 S
cucumbers-free
tomatoes-free
1 tbsp ranch-1 fa

Coffee Drink-1 mi, 1 S, 1 Fa

2 pcs ribs- 1 me
green beans-1 V
1/2 cup beans- 1S

1 coffee drink =1 mi, 1 S

1 cinnamon disk-free

Wysteria
07-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Another super-busy day at work, rocked some overtime until 6.30pm and I am really tired x.x

Breakfast:
2 Oatybix with fat free natural yoghurt and a little maple syrup, plus a glass of Welch's Light grape juice.

Snack:
Mars bar and a packet of crisps :3 YES, I KNOW. SAY IT, GO ON ><

Lunch:
Mozzarella salad made with low-fat mozzarella, lamb's lettuce, rocket and baby spinach with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Afternoon snack:
STRAWBERRIES :D

Dinner:
Curry made with Quorn, curry paste, chopped tomatoes and yoghurt with steamed rice and a large cup of tea.

Drinks today were lots of water and three cups of tea. Tea is less of a jolt than coffee and still serves the same function, lol.

jendiet
07-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Wysteria, you are doing awesome. So what you ate a little bit of junk. No biggie!

yeah, i like the tea, but the coffee drinks are ohhh so yummy, and I make my own!

love2b150
07-07-2010, 06:05 PM
woohoo love. sounds like a good day. You are really understanding your dietary choices have consequences--you threw out 2/3 of a burger!

good job on the exercise.

I forgot to put my activity in today:

2 hours shopping
3 hours cleaning

Jen, that burger had to be the nastiest burger I have ever had. Don't know if it was taste buds or not but whew I won't try it again at least not that kind. I have wanted a hot dog but don't have any turkey franks in the house, only beef so don't want to do the extra fat. Maybe I should have one just to get rid of the want, but not today since I'm not going walking this evening, maybe tomorrow for lunch. :D

jendiet
07-07-2010, 07:39 PM
oh, i'm glad you didn't eat the burger. Maybe you can schedule the hot dog for tonight. that is what I would do.

MilitaryWife
07-07-2010, 07:47 PM
i'm back! i moved from our last base to biloxi, ms... HOT HOT HOT out!!! I'm starting Insanity again (as of yesterday) and I'm trying to get back on track...

fashinjunkie09
07-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Welcome back Military!

Hi ladies! :wave: It looks like you are all doing really great! My official WI this morning was not what I wanted so I have to be extra good this week, I want to see 155!

7/7/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (420)
H2O- 0

Lunch (370)
Lean Cuisine orange chicken w/ rice and edemame- 290
H2O- 0

Dinner (625)
1 extra fiber English muffin toasted- 120
2 slices lean ham steak- 140
2 poached eggs- 140
1/4 cup homemade low cal "hollindaise"- 125
1/2 cup oj- 55

= apprx 1,415 calories

Diana3271
07-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi Everyone! I think having an extra day off (Monday) has kicked my butt! You would think I would feel more rested and relaxed. NOT! I feel like I need a vacation and I haven't even done anything!

Total Approx 1625 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
Roast Beef 400 calories
Whole okra 100 calories
Turnip Greens 100 Calories
Green Beans 100 calories
Steamed cabbage 100 calories
Watermelon approx 2 cups 100 calories

Exercise:
~Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster w/Fitstix & Fanny Lifter
~Standing portion from Incredible Abs (10 Minutes)
~Standing portion from Ab Jam (10 Minutes)
~Standing stretch from Stretch 10 (5 Minutes)

Natalia
07-07-2010, 11:07 PM
hey girls! I have a confession to make ! (treat alert..)
So I wake up this morning and for some reason, I'm like "I totally need a treat today, or I'm gonna derail"- been op now about 8 weeks..

So here it is!

Breakfast- cottage cheese and watermelon
s- almonds
Lunch- Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream bar with milk chocolate coating (O. on a stick)
s- protein ball
Supper-portabella burger, salad

jendiet
07-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Natalia, mmm... i haven't had a portabella burger--for some reason that sounds really really good. Oh darn. am i still hungry.

Diana, i hope the night is more peaceful for you.

hi military.

love2b150
07-07-2010, 11:49 PM
7/7/10

Breakfast (330)
Choc slim fast, skim milk, V8 fusion

Lunch (474)
2 boiled eggs, w/light mayo & relish, rice cake, prune/apple juice, slice of honey wheat bread, coffee with non dairy creamer

Snack (60)
8 f/f animal crackers

Dinner (250)
Zucchini, spinach, artichoke lasagna ~~ I made this from scratch, I only had a cup, which was enough for me. It was quite filling. I will use less ricotta the next time. I couldn't stomach it all (too much) I added up the calories and divided it by 10 cups and came up with 193 so I added the extra calories to be safe

snack (60)
Grapes

Total calories 1194

No walking today

patchworkpenguin
07-08-2010, 12:05 AM
July 7

1 Iced coffee 50
turkey sandwich 230
fruit 50
homemade banana choc chip muffin 220
=550

iced coffee 50
tom and cuke salad 30
fiber bar 140
=220

chicken 300
corn 100
carrots 50
muffin 220
bread with butter 120
= 790

2 c cereal 220
milk 50
= 270

Total = 1,830 ~ I've been starving for the past couple days. I'm not sure if its the increased/different kind of exercise, or just the windup for TOM. :o :dizzy:

Exercise,
Ped =2,191
60min UB/cardio intervals

Weight,
219.0 down 1lb

ImpalaHoarder
07-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Wow, today was tough. I think I might be being too restrictive. It's a decision I struggle with. It's easier to lose weight at home where I have more control over what I eat than on a college dining plan, but on the other hand I wonder what havoc I'm wreaking with my metabolism and today I found myself nearly hungry enough to go off-plan. Near miss (thanks in part to you guys, thanks! <3). Right now my plan is to go 1000, 1200, 1500, repeat. Often, though, I overestimate calories to be sure, and I think it's likely that a 1200 and a 1500 calorie day this week were both actually 800-1000 calorie days. :/

Anyway, food!

4 slices turkey - 200 calories
20ish (I'll admit I lost count a little) pieces pepperoni- 200 calories tops.
5 pickles - 50 calories
String cheese - 50 calories
Chips (indulged a little) - 450 calories
I'm thinking more string cheese to make up the additional 50?

Total: 1000. 1500 tomorrow! Woooo!

L R K
07-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:

I hope you are all having good weeks.

Here is my plan for the day 7/8/2010

B - 1/3 cup oatmeal with natural peanut butter and honey + 1 yoghurt + 12 small strawberries + 1 light babybel cheese

L - 1/3 cup whole wheat pasta with 1 small can tomato and onion flavoured tuna mixed in + 1 cup green beans sprinkled with a little salt

S - 1 banana

D - 3oz salmon + some kind of veggies + some kind of starch

Exercise: 30mins Wii fit plus

jendiet
07-08-2010, 12:48 PM
today's wt 183.4

i did drink a gallon of water yesterday, plus more. I think the wt is going up, because i haven't had a bm since being sick.

i'm tired and sore today.

exercise: 30 min abs and arms

GOAL: 6 MI/ME, 5S, 5FR, 2V, 2FA

7-8-10
yogurt parfait- 1 mi, 1/2 Fr
scrambled eggs - 1 Me.

2 turkey sausage patties
cucumbers and tomatoes-free
3 chunks watermelon- 1fr
1 tbsp ranch-1 fat

5 slices turkey bacon-1 me
2 slices regular bacon-1 me
crab legs- 1 me
rice 1/2 cup-1 S
cucumber and tomatoes-2v
butter-2fa

coffee drink-1 mi

SUBSITUTE: 1 MI/ME FOR 1S; 1 FA FOR 1 FR.

fashinjunkie09
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
It's almost Friday!! :D

7/8/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (335)
2 pkts peaches 'n cream instant oatmeal made w/ water- 260
H2O- 0

Lunch (450)
Healthy Choice BBQ chicken w/ rice, corn, and green beans- 370
medium gala apple- 80
H2O- 0

Snack PM (175)
3 oz baby carrots- 35
4 tbsp chipotle hummus- 140
H2O- 0

Dinner (520)
1 California roll- 350
1 small spring roll- 160
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce- 10
1 tsp siracha sauce- 5
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,480 calories

meggoat
07-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Off the wagon for two years (and regained nearly 20 pounds); under the wheels for the past one. Back to counting calories and at least 5 days/week exercise. Starting back up with the help of a trainer (2 days/week):
7/8: 1289 calories, 45 minutes 3.5 mph treadmill, 8 minutes elliptical, 45 minute stretching and free weights
7/9: 1423 cal, 42 min 3.5 treadmill, 8 minutes elliptical
7/10: 989 cal, 60 min BodyJam class, 10 min 3.5 outside walk
7/11: 1199 cal, 20 min 3.5 outside walk
7/12: 1003 cal, 105 min 2.5 outside walk
7/13: 1025 cal, 8 min elliptical, 20 min 3.5 treadmill, 30 min weights
7/14: 1229 cal, 10 min elliptical, 35 min 3.5 treadmill
7/15: 1386 cal, 10 min elliptical, 45 min 3.5 treadmill, 45 min weights
7/16: 1383 cal, 10 min elliptical, 35 min 3.5 treadmill
7/17: 1151 cal, 10 min 3.0 outside walk
7/18: 1131 cal, rest
7/19: 1240 cal, 45 min weights, 13 min elliptical, 40 min 3.5-3.7 treadmill
7/20: 1202 cal, 13 min elliptical, 25 min 3.5 treadmill, 10 min bike
7/21: 1536 cal, 12 min elliptical, 20 min 3.5 treadmill, 10 min bike, 10 3.0 outside walk
7/22: 1340 cal, 50 min weights, 10 min elliptical, 35 min 3.5 min treadmill
7/23: 1101 cal, 10 min elliptical, 35 min 3.5 treadmill
7/24: 1317 cal, 15 min 3.0 outdoor walk
7/25: 1350 cal, 24 min 3.0 outdoor walk
7/26: 1027 cal, 13 min elliptical, 32 min 3.5 treadmill
7/27: 1055 cal, 13 min elliptical, 32 min 3.5 treadmill
7/28: 1325 cal, 13 min elliptical, 32 min 3.5 treadmill
7/29: 1217 cal, 9 min elliptical, 31 min 3.5 treadmill
7/30: 1255 cal, 18 min elliptical, 27 min 3.5 treadmill
7/31:1624 cakm 18 min elliptical, 27 min 3.5 treadmill, 50 min strength training

Diana3271
07-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Did someone mention Friday? :carrot: I am so ready for it! I am hot, tired, and worn out! I slept well last night, but still! Is Fall almost here?

Meggoat Hi and Welcome Back! :wave:

Total Calories Approx 1475

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Dinner (Calories 750)
2 Grilled Mahi Soft Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 150 calories

Exercise:
~TF Fire 45

love2b150
07-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Today wasn't an OP day. I wasn't home part of the day and didn't do bad until I got home :(

Breakfast (280)
chocolate Slim Fast, Special K bar

Lunch (435)
2 snack wraps from McD's, threw one wrap in the trash, added the second tiny piece of grilled chicken to the first, no sauce and they were afraid to put lettuce on it apparently, 1 l/f cone, then I ate my daughters down

Snacks (300) whew
1 hm chocolate chip cookie (boys made them), apple, cool whip, 16 f/f animal crackers

dinner (324)
zucchini, artichoke & spinach lasagna, grapefruit

Total calories today 1334

drank 84oz of water so far
2 cups decaf green tea

only walked 2 miles, the water got the best of me

jendiet
07-08-2010, 11:09 PM
LOVE, your day looks pretty good to me. I had a splurge of a dinner, but still stayed on plan because i wasn't liking the starches today.

Diana, i know what you mean it is hot. i don't want it to be fall yet though--just got to get through it!

meg, that is not too bad. My wii fit announced to me a few days ago i had gained 9.09 lbs in 307 days! which isn't too bad --but really sucked. at least you are stopping the buck at 20! good for you.

love2b150
07-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Jen you think so? I feel like I had a day full of junk ... breakfast wasn't bad and dinner was OK, but the middle seems like I just said, "What the hay?" I'll do better tomorrow and walk my full 3 - 3.5 miles, hopefully :)

jendiet
07-08-2010, 11:21 PM
your calorie total wasn't bad. you did make some not so healthy decisions, but you stayed within a healthy calorie range. I think we need splurge days. you are fine! just don't keep making unhealthy decisions. or just have one a day.

patchworkpenguin
07-09-2010, 01:08 AM
July 8

1 Iced coffee 50
fruit 50
milk 100
= 200

shish kabob leftovers 245
tortilla 200
muffin 170
= 615

iced coffee 50
turkey tetrazzini 360
mango/pineapple 50
tom and cuke salad 30
3 muffins 560
coffee 50
= 1,100

Total = 1,915

Exercise,
Ped =2,500
70min LB/cardio intervals

Weight,

ImpalaHoarder
07-09-2010, 03:54 AM
Internet just stopped being borked long enough for me to post this:

Food:
4 slices turkey - 200 calories
2 yoghurts - 200 calories
4 slices of mini-wheat bread with cheese- maybe 800 calories?
1 cup chocolate ice cream (mmmmmmm) - 300 calories

total: 1500

Also, not going to be posting again till Monday- going on vacation with a friend's family for the weekend.

L R K
07-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi All! :wave:

jendiet - I hope you are feeling better. I find it tough to drink a lot of water when I am sick , good job!

fashin - Yay, it's Friday! I hope you have a good weekend :)

meggoat - Welcome back, you'll lose those 20lbs in no time!

Diana - You wishing for fall already?!? I'm hoping the heat sticks around for some time! Loving it :) But you are right, sometimes it can be a little hard to sleep.

Love - I agree with jen, you plan looks pretty good. I wouldn't say you were off plan because you made the best choices you could and stayed within a healthy calorie range. Well done :)

Penguin - Hi :wave: Your day looks good :)

Impala - Have a lovely vacation!

Soooo glad the week is almost over! Bring on the weekend!

Here is my plan for the day 7/9/2010

B - 1 whole wheat WW bagel w/ 2 light laughing cow cheeses and tomato + 1 peach + 1 yoghurt

L - Chicken Salad on multi-grain with a side salad

S - 1 Apple

D - Sushi! Probably have a small seaweed salad, spicy miso soup, some edamame, 3 pieces Spicy Salmon Maki roll, 3 pieces Salmon and Avocado Maki roll and maybe 3 peices Salmon Sushi

Drinking: 1 morning cofee + 2L water throughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: It's supposed to be raining all day so probably 30 - 60mins of Wii

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend :wave:

Wysteria
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Derp, forgot to post yesterday.

But I had a really good reason.

I got a promotion at work yesterday and went out to celebrate with my friends ^^

So two day's worth of food starts... NOW:

Thursday.

Breakfast: Fat free natural yoghurt with a dash of maple syrup.
Lunch: Mozzarella salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Dinner: Three sausages, a PROPER bread roll (oh boy my stomach didn't like that but I needed something to soak up the red wine), salad, coleslaw and a bowl of strawberries. Plus the better part of a bottle of red wine. Ooops.

FRIDAY:

Breakfast: ...nothing. I know, I'm bad. I forgot. Oh wait, I had a glass of orange juice.

Snack: Apple, eaten on the run. They don't taste as good when you have to nom them quickly.

Lunch: Gluten free chicken salad sandwich. Mmm. Not. The bread was horrible.

Snack: Packet of Frazzles (bacon flavoured corn snacks) and a can of Lilt, which remarkably only has 65 calories, I did not know that.

Dinner: Dunno, will probably throw some pasta and tomates at the cooker and see what happens xD

It is honestly too hot to move today. I've drunk shedloads of water x.x I think I'm going to emigrate to Alaska.

Diana3271
07-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! Have a great weekend!

Impala Enjoy your vacation!

Lauren Yep, I'm ready for Fall. It got really hot early this year. I don't remember if it started in May or June, but we've already had heat indexes 110+. We don't normally get these temps until August/September.

Wysteria Congrats on the promotion!

love2b150 I agree that you are doing great!

L R K
07-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Wysteria - Congratulations on the promotion! :carrot:

Diana - It has been super hot here too, 35 degrees celcius! With the humidty up to 40! Melting weather! :sunny: Enjoy your weekend! :)

fashinjunkie09
07-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Happy Friday everyone! I'm so ready for the weekend! It has been pretty hot here too, I'm about ready for Fall too- it's my favorite season! :)

Today is going to be a higher calorie day.

7/9/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (470)
large cup of coffee w/ 3 tbsp ff Coffee Mate creamer- 75
1/2 cinnamon crunch bagel w/ 2 oz cream cheese (Panera, I don't think I had quite 2 oz of cream cheese but I'm going to count it just to be safe)- 395
H2O- 0

Lunch (775 :o, we went to my fave Mediterranean resaurant)
hummus w/ pita bread- 375
5 small falafel w/ tzatziki dipping sauce- 325
3/4 small Greek salad w/ light dressing- 75
H2O- 0

Dinner (525)
bowl zucchini "spaghetti" (1 medium zucchini grated, 2 oz extra lean ground beef, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 1 tsp parm)- 185
2 oz tomato and mozzarella salad w/ pesto- 170
1 garlic breadstick- 170
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,770 calories

jendiet
07-09-2010, 07:13 PM
woohoo. scale back down to 180.4! i drank my water yesterday, and I worked out, i also did a 5 min session of more abs and arms late at night.

7-9-10

got up and ran for 20 min on the wii. i love running on a rebounder! I did 4.020 mi today.

1/4 breakfast shake- 1/4 mi, 1/4 S
1 carton milk- 1 mi
2 apple cinnamon grahms- 2S
1 cup honey dew-1 FR

1 pickled egg- 1/2 me
1 chicken wing, skin removed, 1/2 me
1/3 corn on the cob- 1V

1/2 cup milk-1/2 mi
mocha mix-1fa
chocolate pcs-2 S
watermelon-1/2 FR

cucumbers w/ seasalt and garlic pepper-free
banana pepper -free
1 1/2 slices spinach alfredo pizza -1 3/4 S, 1 V, 1 1/2 Mi, 1 Fr (tomatoes)
5 chicken wings-2.5 Me, 1 fa
cinnamon disk-free

1 gallon water!

6 3/4 mi/me, 2 1/2 FR, 5S, 2fa, 2V, free food. [substitute 3/4 Fr for mi/me.]
Goal: 6 mi/me, 5FR, 5S, 2fa, 2V, free food <20 cs.

love2b150
07-09-2010, 08:08 PM
OK I have decided to try the calorie cycling today is 1497 calories

Breakfast (330) need to get up earlier so I have time to fix breakfast, but it worked out today
Chocolate Slim Fast, l/s V8 juice, Skim milk

Snack (240)
Baked lays a serving and a half, apple

Lunch (511)
a salad, 2oz canned chicken breast on a sandwich thin, 1/2 grapefruit
----cup of coffee with n/d creamer (10)

snack (10)
s/f jello

Dinner (402)
my lasagna again (gotta finish it), f/f chocolate pudding with 4tbsp cool whip, 1/2 grapefruit

total calories 1503 only 6 over pretty good for an unplanned menu :)

Total water today 102oz before walk and 32oz after
walked 3 miles

jendiet
07-09-2010, 09:04 PM
oh goodness, my friend ordered pizza and hot wings. I am pretty hungry. I think i will go eat some cucumbers and tomatoes...so when it comes I will be able to eat some, and not overdo it!

I'm planning right now.1 x large slice of pizza. (no crust) 8 chicken wings (skin removed). NO more fruit for tonight. i need to fill up on some free foods right now.

Diana3271
07-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Hi Everyone!

Fashin I hear ya on being ready for the weeken!

Total Calories Approx 1325 (I wanted to have a lower calorie day, since tomorrow will probably be a little higher.)

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
2 Orders Broccoli 200 calories
Grilled Chicken 400 calories

Exercise:
~TF HIIT 20
~TF Fire 45 EZ
~TJ Ab Jam (standing portion)

jendiet
07-09-2010, 11:32 PM
lauren, that is not really that hot! are you kidding?
Love, yay, on the medium shirt!!! That is awesome.
fashin, all of your food sounds so yummy!
Wysteria, congrats again on that promotion. That really makes you feel good!
Diana, i hope you have a nice splurge tomorrow. You did so good today!

well, i ended up eating 5 chicken wings. I picked everything off but the regular meat. And I ate 1 1/2 slices of that pizza with no crust. Omg, spinach Alfredo pizza from PAPA JOHNS is so delicious! i love the tomatoes covered in cheese!

love2b150
07-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Thanks Jen :) can't wait until I feel confident enough to go buy a few.

I've often wondered about that spinach Alfredo pizza, I keep saying I want to try it, just haven't got around to it.

fashinjunkie09
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks jen, and that pizza sounds delicious!! Any idea how many calories per slice...? :)

patchworkpenguin
07-10-2010, 12:23 AM
July 9

1 Iced coffee 50
Chilli’s Santa Fe Chicken Wrap w veggies 610
3 cookies 200
muffin 170
= 1,030

milk 150
cookies 130
coffee 50
= 330

spaghetti 300
peas 100
muffin 170
= 570

Total = 1,930

Exercise,
Ped =1,197 :( I know that’s not right!!!!
70min cardio/weights intervals

Weight,

PJ's Chicken Alfredo Pizza is good but its also pretty easy to make at home.

jendiet
07-10-2010, 12:32 AM
fashin, yeah. it's not so bad. the 12" is actually 210 calories per slice. we ordered the x-large so i am pretty sure it had 290 cs per slice. The calories in a breadstick-120 cs. so if you cut the crust off, it saves about 100cs. Which i would definitely recommend because the pizza is thick crust.

I had the thin crust too--which i prefer, and they are 230 cs/slice.

but there is chicken, roma tomatoes, and yummy spinach on it too!

jendiet
07-10-2010, 12:33 AM
oh yeah penguin. I made me a spinach alfredo with whole wheat tortilla, alfredo, spinach, tomatoes, and seasonings! it was definitely lighter, but still delicious!

fashinjunkie09
07-10-2010, 01:02 AM
jen, wow I'm going to try that soon! For some reason we never get Papa John's even though it's really good, I'm not sure why. But that pizza sounds absolutely amazing, next time we order some that's what we're getting!

loveAcat
07-10-2010, 01:11 AM
Hi everyone!

So I realized I don't make it to the boards every day... well, I'll try my best!

This is me today:

Breakfast: Vit D & multivitamin, 1 c skim milk, 1/2 c oatmeal, 1 Tbsp flaxseed, 1 grapefruit
Snack: 1 apple
Lunch: 2 cups lentil soup, 12 almonds
Snack: 1 banana
Dinner: 1 package instant oatmeal, 3 cups strawberries -- VVVVVV
Snack: 1 kashi chewy protein bar, oatmeal raisin (280 cals, 5g fat, 6g fiber, 13g protein)

I didn't really get a nice dinner, because I was at work, and left straight from there to go see an outdoor movie (wizard of oz!) with friends... good times :)

I hope everyone's Friday went well!

jendiet
07-10-2010, 02:26 AM
yum, you made me wants some lentils loveAcat. that sounds like fun. an actual outdoor movie.

loveAcat
07-10-2010, 08:55 AM
yum, you made me wants some lentils loveAcat. that sounds like fun. an actual outdoor movie.

lentils are so fun! have you tried making a cold lentil salad yet? it's perfect for summer, and it's a great base for adding lots of crunchy, fresh vegetables!

Wysteria
07-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the congrats guys, you have no idea how wondeful it made me feel!

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: We went out to our favourite coffee shop so I had a wild berry smoothie. And that was it, there's nothing I can eat that they serve there, it's all full of wheat.

Lunch: Oh my, I was naughty because I was still out in town: Medium portion of fries from KFC. BUT on the plus side, I didn't salt them and didn't have them with any sauce.

Dinner: will be poached salmon with boiled potatoes, green beans, sweetcorn and broccoli. Yummeh!

No snacks today, there's no vending machine to tempt me and I've run out of apples. It's also fearfully hot even though my neighbour insists it isn't so lots of water again.

springjacka
07-10-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm new to this site, but this looks like a good thread to help me stay accountable.

I'm just jumping back into the whole getting heathy thing. My goals for the remainder of this month are:
~to complete 12 workouts
~to eat breakfast EVERY DAY
~to drink water before I grab anything else (i am addicted to dr pepper and kool-aid and rarely drink water...)
~to journal food for the remainder of the month and see where I need to improve my diet

I'm using FitDay to help with the food logging. The dr told me to aim for about 1600 calories a day. Its been a while since I paid any attention to calories. And I'm using the blog option with this site to journal everything else. I'm an emotional eater, so I am hoping to learn all my triggers and correct them. I'm a little overwhelmed with all this at the moment, but I know I'll fall back into the groove where it becomes second nature in no time.

7/10/10:
Breakfast: Coffee with cream & sugar, malt-o-meal with brown sugar (330)
Lunch: (busy with the horses and missed it)
Supper: Sloppy Joe Sandwich, couple bites of macaroni & cheese, ice cream (1076 ... dang ice cream ...)

Water Intake: 50oz and counting! :) Huge improvement for me

Diana3271
07-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm an emotional eater, so I am hoping to learn all my triggers and correct them. I'm a little overwhelmed with all this at the moment, but I know I'll fall back into the groove where it becomes second nature in no time.

springjacka Hi and Welcome! :wave: Penguin, a friend of mine and another poster here, has read a book that she found helpful with emotional eating. She will be back later today. I'm sure she will chime in about the book.

jendiet
07-10-2010, 01:55 PM
cat, yummy--i wonder if lentils will go with cucumbers. I will have to look that up. I love cucumbers.
Wysteria, yummeh is right. That salmon sounds so good. I'm hungry after my workout.
diana, hey girl, how is Charleston doing? have you gotten some rain?
hey springa- welcome!

I did lots of leg work and added cardio bursts in between, then i jumped in my pool to cool off. The best $250 dollars i have spent--let me tell you. nothing relaxes me more or cools me off faster.

Diana3271
07-10-2010, 02:09 PM
diana, hey girl, how is Charleston doing? have you gotten some rain?

Jen We are hot, as usual. ;) We had some rain the night before last, could use some more, though. Is it cooler or warmer there? I am hearing alot of talk that we have more tourists at the beaches than normal because of the Gulf oil situation. I am hoping to go to Whole Foods or Earth Fare today to pick up some more Broccoli Sprouts. I had them on my sandwiches this past week. They are pretty tasty.

jendiet
07-10-2010, 02:17 PM
we have had no rain, i bet the tourists are doing just that! i don't know why but walking around a boulevard visiting different shops sounds so fun to me right now.

i guess I miss the tons of window shopping you could do in New York. mm, i like broccoli sprouts on sandwhiches with slices of avocado. have you ever tried that?

thankfully, are grocery stores have a bit of organic and healthy produce you don't usually find.

patchworkpenguin
07-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I I'm an emotional eater, so I am hoping to learn all my triggers and correct them. I'm a little overwhelmed with all this at the moment, but I know I'll fall back into the groove where it becomes second nature in no time.

I took some time off late last year to read through Judith Beck's Beck Diet Solution. Beck is a psychologist, the book is not about what we eat but what causes us to eat. I read the pink book http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=beck+diet+solution&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16193614580512634824&ei=BuI4TN3YDcKB8gbpyfWnBg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCgQ8wIwAg#which has 40 chapters {read one a day} and Beck helps us recognize why we eat, and gives us steps, tools, hints, and exercises to help us fight the urge to eat when we aren't hungry. I read about half the book then went back and re-read the last week to make sure I had gotten everything. Her book really helped me stop and think before I ate.

If you haven't tried it I bet your library might have a copy.

blueridgegirl
07-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Hello all -

I have been AWOL for a while - while I am in Boston it's more like a weekly check in than a daily one. But good news to report - scale said 199.5 today. So I maintaining my weigh loss while I am here in spite of a crazy hectic of schedule of hours of class, trying to work remotely and keep up some kind of a social life, too.

It's been really hot here in New England, so I haven't been out running a week, but have moved my workouts indoors. There is a great yoga studio in Cambridge where I get a discount with my student ID so I've taken some classes there, and have joined a contact improvisation dance group on Tuesday evenings. And, of course, since I left my car back home...lots and lots of walking just to get around to class, grocery store, etc.

Have gotten into a pretty good groove of eating two or three meals a day in my room instead of out. My roommate brought a blender so I've been making smoothies for breakfast which are filling and high protein (almonds, ff milk, ff yogurt, some combo of banana, berries, cherries). Lunch has been beans, tortilla, cheese and some veggie, or a can of soup. I've also got whole wheat bread to make sandwiches. The times that I have eaten out I've made good choices both diet-wise and budget-wise: pizza by the slice with lots of veggies, or a crepe with lots of veggies.

One more week to go - I fly home a week from today. Crossing my fingers that I might get to 198 this week, but that would be a bonus since I'm really just trying to maintain and not to lose while I am here.

Sorry to not reply to everybody else's posts - will be able to be more regular when I am back home the week after next. Happy weekend! Enjoy the world cup final game everybody!

fashinjunkie09
07-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a good weekend so far! :)

7/10/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (370)
large cup of coffee w/ 3 tbsp ff Coffee Mate creamer- 75
2 blueberry nutrigrain waffles- 190
.5 tbsp light veggie oil "butter"- 25
1.5 tbsp low cal syrup- 40
.5 cup skim milk- 40

Lunch (395)
1 extra fiber English muffin toasted- 120
2 light LC cheese wedges- 70
6 slices deli turkey- 45
1 cup V8 broccoli soup- 80
1 light & fit strawberry banana yogurt- 80
H2O- 0

Snack PM (255)
3 oz baby carrots- 35
1 string cheese- 80
H2O- 0

Dinner (400)
2 cups homemade turkey chili- 315
2 tbsp light sour cream- 40
2 tbsp 2% shredded cheese- 40
chopped red onion- 5
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,420 calories

springjacka
07-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome Diana!
Thank you for the book info Penguin! I will definitely look into getting a copy! :)

ParadiseFalls
07-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Hi, ladies! I've had a really rough week. I found out my dad has lung cancer, and I'm really upset. I've been stress eating, too.

Since last weekend, I've pretty much stayed on plan calorie-wise, but I've been eating my calories in junk. I haven't been on the scale. Anyway, I'm starting back up again and hoping for the best.

1700-calorie day
Actual: 1772

Vanilla latte [350]
Subway veggie max foot-long [760]
Large Coke [322]
Two SmartOnes cookie sundaes :/ [340]

jendiet
07-10-2010, 11:32 PM
omg, Paradise. I am so sorry. I would be beside myself--i lost my dad to a h/a. so I couldn't imagine anything like that. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Just remember one of my FAVORITE sayings.

"The only problem food solves is hunger". I think a good kickboxing routine is what you need. No stress food.

fashin, thank you! i'm having a pretty good weekend so far. I love being on plan, makes me feel more sprite.

Well, after realizing i am NOT winning against 3'oclock fatigue, and I'm pretty sure it's my overworked adrenals, I went ahead and bought me some Ashwagandha from Puritan.com. They had a special buy 1 get 2 free. I also went ahead and bought a really good liquid multivamin called Alive. The children's flintstones just don't do it for me.

ok, about today:

GOAL: 6 mi/me, 5S, 5Fr, 2V, 2Fa, free foods <20 cs.
FOOD: 1/4 BREAKFAST SHAKE: 1/4 MI.

slice pizza w/out crust- 1 mi, 1S

lunch:
2 eggs-hard boiled-1 Me
cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions- FREE + 1V
lentils--*check that out lovecat*, 1S

coffe drink- 1 tbsp mocha mix-60, 2 tsp break fast shake=15 cs(1/3 cup + 1 tbsp= 130, 1/2 cup milk-75.-[150 cs --i forget who asked me this! sorry.], ice=

1/2 MI, 1fa, 1S

bite of son's oatmeal cookie- free. (not >20 cs)

lentil salad, w/ 1 tsp ranch- 1S, 1fa,1V, free foods

3 chicken wings-1.5 me
lentils=1 S

cinnamon disk-free

(I don't really consider lentils a starch-I consider them a meat, but if i used up the Me/mi category with the lentils--i will starve. So i stuck them in the Starch--which i really didn't feel like having today.

exercise: 20 min legs, 2 min session of 20 lunges.

1 egg- .5 Me
1/2 breakfast shake-1/2 mi, 1 S

Diana3271
07-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Paradise I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. :hug: I will keep your Dad and you in my daily Prayers.

ParadiseFalls
07-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks, Diana, and Jen, I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

jendiet
07-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Paradise, i know my dad is in a good place. I will keep yours in my prayers! Hang in there. You can get healthy and deal with life's tribulations at the same time. BIG HUGS!

Diana3271
07-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Well, after realizing i am NOT winning against 3'oclock fatigue, and I'm pretty sure it's my overworked adrenals, I went ahead and bought me some Ashwagandha from Puritan.com.

Jen I've been taking Holy Basil and Ashwagandha for a while now. They have been a huge help for me. Have you ever tried Holy Basil?

Diana3271
07-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi Everyone! I slept in today! YAY! That's always great for me. I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Penguin Thanks for posting that info. about the Beck book.

Total Approx 1965 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: 250 calories
Grilled chicken snack wrap, no sauce 250 calories

Dinner: 1350 calories
BBQ Pork Chop 600 Calories
Sweet Tea 100 calories
Boiled Whole Okra 100 calories
Macaroni & Tomatoes 250 calories
Homemade Strawberry Parfait 200 calories
plain salad w/reduced fat asian dressing 100 calories

Exercise:
3 Mile Mall Walk

jendiet
07-11-2010, 12:20 AM
no diana, i never tried it--or heard of it, i'm going to learn what i can about it. Thanks for the testimony on the ashwagandha.

loveAcat
07-11-2010, 12:27 AM
@Paradise: I'm so sorry about your dad. I'll keep you in my thoughts!
@Jen: do lentils and cucumbers go together...? I'd have no problem putting them in a salad together cause I like both :P I'd probably go for an English cucumber, though... I like those better in salads :)
@Diana: What do you use Holy Basil and Ashwagandha for?

This is me today:

7/10/10

Vit D & multivitamin

milk, skim, 1 cup -- D
oatmeal, 1/2 cup
flaxseed, 1 Tbsp
1 grapefruit -- VV

5 cups lettuce -- VVVVV
1/2 c walnuts
1/2 c cranberries
1/3 c goat cheese -- DD
1 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette

1 sm hot chocolate
2 pc ghirardelli dark chocolate

1 med wrap
2 Tbsp hummus
lettuce, tomato, onions
12 grapes, 2 pieces of celery

2 c fresh strawberries

Friends of mine wanted to go whale watching today. I have seen the whales before and didn't feel like going out on a boat again (I feel really queasy when I have to get on these whale watching boats...) but I tagged along anyways, and had plans to explore the city of Gloucester, MA, with one other friend, while everyone else was chasing whales :)

Those plans fell through when the heavens opened and it started pouring! Good thing we found this coffee shop! (that's where the hot chocolate in my food journal came from :P). We hung out and chatted, and had a good time :)

I hope everyone had a great Saturday!

jendiet
07-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Diana, puritan.com has the Holy basil on sale for 3 for 8.99 due to the buy 1 get 2 free. I just bought some and some whey powder. protein keeps me from eating too much..and I tend to substitue meals for liquid foods a lot--so i bought the Myofusion whey protein.

patchworkpenguin
07-11-2010, 12:58 AM
July 10

1 Iced coffee 50
banana 100
cereal 220
milk 100
= 470

sandwich 230
cookies 130
=360

fiber bar 140
peach 40
=180

spaghetti 300
coffee 50
M&M Mints 300

Total = 1,660

Exercise,
Ped=1,900
60min cardio

Weight,

Paradise, so sorry to hear about your Dad. Praying for you and your family.

Loveacat, chasing whales, LOL. I'm not much of a water/boat person, especially for a person named Penguin.

Blue, glad to hear you are having a good time in Boston.

Spring, There is also a Beck forum here at Chicks, which will give you an idea of what the program is about. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/ Judith has a website. http://www.beckdietsolution.com One of her exercises is to each day give yourself credit by focuing on the things you did right that day. Like I exercises 1 credit. I didn't go over my cals 1 credit. After making a list of what I did RIGHT that day, its almost impossible to berate myself for doing 1 thing wrong. I just realized I miss the credit lists. I may take that up again.

Diana3271
07-11-2010, 01:50 AM
@Diana: What do you use Holy Basil and Ashwagandha for?

Well, it's a little bit of a story, so here goes. My Dad passed away and I was having difficulties with it and some other family stuff. I was trying to find something natural to take to help me with the stress and depression. I started off taking Ignatia Amara. Ignatia Amara made it where I could face the day. It got me through the day. I don't know where I would have been without it. I was getting better, but I really had issues when I was around a particular family member. My stomach would churn at the thought of being around them and I was exhausted. I am still exhaused but it's different than it was. If you take Ignatia Amara at night, it can cause insomnia. I was looking for something to help with sleep and help me relax at night. I started taking Holy Basil when I would have to be around this particular family member. I also took it at night to help me relax and sleep. It really helped me. I was still taking the Ignatia Amara. I eventually got off the Ignatia Amara and started taking just the Holy Basil, one AM and one PM. Then I added Ashwagandha, one AM and one PM. I credit these 3 things (Ignatia Amara, Holy basil, and Ashwagandha) (plus my Loving Husband and the Lord above) to getting me though the loss of my Dad.

jendiet
07-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Diana wow. thanks for sharing that. i am sorry you went through all that. Good for you for understanding your bodies physiological needs due to emotional upsets.

well, i'm very tired, i didn't take melatonin but my "kick" is wearing off as usual. it's not caffeine keeping me up, it's darn hormones.

Diana3271
07-11-2010, 01:32 PM
mm, i like broccoli sprouts on sandwhiches with slices of avocado. have you ever tried that?

I love avocado! I haven't tried the two together, yet. ;)

Diana wow. thanks for sharing that. i am sorry you went through all that. Good for you for understanding your bodies physiological needs due to emotional upsets.

The body is so complex and amazing!

love2b150
07-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Paradise sorry to hear about your Dad. My Dad had throat cancer. You are definitely in my prayers.

I went bed last night with upper shoulder to elbow pain. It's been happening for awhile now but not as bad as last night. I can't remember when it started. I remember my shoulders/back hurting after getting off a couple of rides at Kings Dominion, but passed it off as just being tense (I don't like rides but the kids wanted to ride and I couldn't have one sit alone). Then there was the Zumba class (where I couldn't keep up) felt a little bad two days later. Then I tried doing crunches. No pain after doing them but then that ache was noticeable again. This morning it hurt so bad I wanted to cry.
Still waiting on insurance cards to come from my DH's job. If he turned the forms in. Thanks for listening to me whin and complain. Happy Sunday to Everyone ... praying for brighter days ahead.

yesterdays eats, I was supposed to have 1646 calories but yesterday was a pretty unorganized day for me ... so no preparation

Breakfast (415)
egg sub, w/ 1/2 slice 2% cheese, 3 slices of micro bacon, w/w toast with tsp apple jelly and tsp reg margarine, skim milk, V8 fusion and 2 cups of coffee w/ non-dairy creamer

lunch (250) took the little one to a bday party didn't eat the pizza or the birthday cake :)
apple and cappuccino Slim fast

Snacks (499) way too many
serving and a half baked Lays, 100 cal pk chocolate crisps, V8 juice, grapefruit, and sunflower seeds

Dinner (190) didn't feel good
Cappuccino slim fast

total calories 1374 I was 272 short better luck next Saturday

fashinjunkie09
07-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Blue, great job on maintaing in Boston!!

Paradise, so sorry to hear about your dad :hug:.

love, I'm sorry you are in pain I hope it gets better very soon. And great job passing on the pizza and birthday cake at the party, you are amazing!!

Happy Sunday everyone! :wave:

7/11/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (400)
2 eggs scrambled- 140
1 slice 2% American cheese- 45
1.9 oz turkey sausage- 75
2 tbsp chunky salsa- 10
.5 cup oj- 55

Lunch (450)
1.5 cup leftover homemade turkey chili w/ 1 tbsp 2% shredded cheese, 1 tbsp light sour cream, and chopped red onion- 295
1 jiffy cornbread muffin w/ .5 tbsp light veggie oil "butter"- 155
H2O- 0

Snack PM (255)
3 oz baby carrots- 35
H2O- 0

Dinner (325)
2.5 cups shredded romain lettuce- 15
.5 chopped Roma tomato- 10
sliced red onion- 5
1 chopped hard boiled egg- 70
3 oz grilled chicken- 90
4 tbsp homemade low cal blue cheese and bacon dressing- 135
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,430 calories

Wysteria
07-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Sunday, booo. Work tomorrow.

Breakfast: Um... nothing... >.> whoopsie. This could probably be why I nearly passed out in the bath, that or the heat.

Snack: Greek yoghurt with honey. Yay sugar rush.

Lunch: Roast lamb, boiled potatoes, peas, onions and mushrooms.

Snack: Some brie that my friend brought back from France for me to try. Delicious!

Dinner: Was at my friend's house and had a weird sort of sauasge and bean chilli concoction with rice.

Drinks today have been many cups of tea and lots of water.

Not too shabby. Tomorrow should be back to slightly more normal eats, my eats on weekends are always a little weird.

love2b150
07-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks Fashin :) I knew I couldn't just eat one tiny and I mean tiny slice of pizza without wanting more and I didn't want to eat that cake in front of everybody and have them think, Has she never had cake before? LOL, I love the icing on birthday cakes. And I need to be prepared when the birthdays start here ... 2 in Oct, skip Nov, then there is one each month from Dec to April. But I hope to be at goal weight or close to it by April since that's my birthday month. Then I can enjoy a slice of my 45th birthday cake :D

I have a question for anyone/all of you, yes another question. :) I drank two of the cappuccino flavored Slim Fast yesterday, first time I got them and only bought them because my friend said they gave her a slight boost and she really liked them. Well since last night/early this morning I have noticed that my urine smells like that cappuccino, is that weird? Has that happened to any of you? The next time I see her I will sure give the remaining four to her because I can't stand that smell. It's making me nauseous.

love2b150
07-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Where did you all go? I got the answer to my question my friend was at the pool party and she laughed and said that always happens. oh well ...

Today's eats:

Breakfast (400)
3 slices micro bacon, 1/4c egg beaters, 1/2 slice 2% cheese, cup grits, V8 fusion, skim milk

Lunch (357)
sandwich thin w/2oz chicken breast, V8, cup n/s peaches w/ yogurt

Snacks (602) went to the Cub Scout pool party, first time I ever had Hummus it was pretty good
100 cal pk popcorn, 14 wheat thin crisp, 2tbsp Hummus, Nutra grain bar, cup of watermelon, 17 pretzels

Dinner (245)
Teriyaki chicken 3-4oz, V8 juice, apple, diet cranberry juice

Total calories 1604, I am over by 107 not too bad, so I guess this is my yesterday, even though I didn't want to that

ParadiseFalls
07-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks, everyone :hug:'

Today I switched my 1000-calorie day for tomorrow's 1800 so I could go to a Chinese buffet with my mom and her friend. I'll be working late tomorrow, so I don't anticipate having a problem staying on plan tomorrow.

Target: 1800
Actual: 1790

Lunch:
Cheese and tomato sandwich [350]
100-calorie pack [100]

Dinner:
2 hard-boiled eggs [150]
Vegetable lo mein [600]
3 fried doughnuts (smallish) [400]

Snack:
Smirnoff Ice Pineapple [190]

loveAcat
07-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Phew. I went to a Chinese Dim Sum Place today with friends. Needless to say I ate more than I would on a regular day...

I did make sure my breakfast and dinner were rather small and vegetable-oriented, to make up for the large lunch.

I'll count today as my *cheat* day...

Stats for today:

Vit D & multivitamin
1 grapefruit

Dim Sum lunch and 1/2 slice Chinese cake

2 c sugar snap peas
2 c sliced cucumbers low-fat yogurt dressing

Happy Sunday, everyone!

jendiet
07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
hey ladies, well the schizandra did work. I didn't feel 3-5 pm today. I started getting tired at 8 pm! i am sore and tired. feels good.

food:

1/4 breakfast shake-1/4 mi
12 whole wheat saltines- 2 S
2 tbsp PB (omega 3) , 1 me
jelly (all fruit)- 1/2 fr

1/4 cup nuts and yogurt raisins-1/2 me, 1 fr

chicken skewers -2 me
sauce-1/2 fa
guacamole-1/2 fa
sour cream- 1/4 mi

2 corn tostadas-2 S
4 black olives- free
cucumbers-free
tomatoes- 1V
olive oil- 1/2 fa
cheese + parmesan-3/4 mi

cinnamon disk- free
2 potato chips- free

21 cherries-1 1/2 fr.

activity:
shopping -1 hr
cleaning-1 hr
cleaning pool-1 hr

exercise: 20 min swimming laps

Diana3271
07-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi Everyone! Tomorrow is back to the grind! I hope this week will be easier on me than last week! :dizzy:

DH was suppose to be back from the farm early. We were suppose to go eat 5-6 PM. I ate breakfast around Noon, so I figured I would eat a larger meal and all would be fine. He had some problems with a piece of equipment and didn't get home until almost 9 PM. I thought I was going to die around 7 PM while I was trying to workout. I had a higher calorie day yesterday, so I guess everything is fine. It's too late to eat any more tonight.

love2b150 I don't drink Slim Fast, so I'm not familiar with that effect. ;) But if you want some nasty smelling PP eat some asperagus! :o P U! :D

Total Approx 1425 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch/Snack 150 calories
1 Slice 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese 60 calories
1 Apple snack pack 40 calories
Venti Iced Coffee w/sweet 'n low and splash cream 50 calories

Dinner 910 Calories
Bread w/Butter 160 calories
Atlantic Salmon 600 calories
Fresh steamed veggies 150 calories

Exercise:
~TurboFire HIIT 15 (2 times)
~The Firm Super Cardio Sculpt w/fitstix & fanny lifter

jendiet
07-12-2010, 12:06 AM
oh Diana, sounds like you had a frustrating day too. I hope tomorrow is better.

love2b150
07-12-2010, 12:18 AM
I haven't tried asparagus yet. The first time I had hummus was today and I liked that. I'm gradually adding things but only if someone has it for me to try. I tried avocado at my friends, it taste like pistachio to me. Gotta look up the benefits of these new things and see if I want to buy them. :) When I was younger I'd try anything now I'm a big kid when comes to trying new things, go figure.

fashinjunkie09
07-12-2010, 01:19 AM
love, I love hummus it's one of my favorite foods! And asparagus is delicious, we toss it in some in olive oil, garlic salt and pepper and roast it in the oven- yum! And I've never had stinky pee after eating it, I think you have to eat ALOT to get that effect, or maybe I eat it often enough that my body is used to it? Lol

patchworkpenguin
07-12-2010, 01:22 AM
July 11

1 Iced coffee 50
˝ McAlister’s Med Feta Pizza

coffee 50
3 oatmeal banna choc chip muffins 510

˝ can ravioli 170
1 c peas 100
1/4 Pizza

Total = 1,280

I think this is an all time low for me. I actually thought the pizza would have a lot more cals.

Exercise,
Ped=1,000
reat day ~ I’m sore all over.

Weight,

love2b150
07-12-2010, 01:30 AM
LOL Fashin, Maybe I'll buy a little and steam it or roast it with the McCormick no salt garlic and herb seasoning my cousin had me buy. I put that stuff in some canned chicken breast with light mayonnaise it definitely has a kick to it. I used it in my zucchini, spinach and artichoke lasagna also. I think it's my new friend :) The hummus that I had today came from the Commissary so I'm gonna have to talk to a few friends about getting it. I'm weird with brands also. I guess I am just uncovering a bunch of food hang ups that are starting to show up with my new way of eating :D

Sorry Penguin, rest well, feel better.

Veil
07-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Back from vacation!! 10 days of fantastic family time... priceless!! =)

I only gained one pound in those ten days (TOM?). That is a GREAT accomplishment for me. (I usually gain 5-10 on vacations!) I tried to stay focused & watched what I ate (some treats) & got up and ran most mornings! Discovered treadmills aren't fun for me anymore... I need to be outside. I missed my regular routine & bike bath runs. And I was eating some things off-plan and so my face broke out with 4 zits on my face... that's what I get, right?? LOL, it was a great way to stay mindful every time I looked in the mirror! We had a great time. I can't stop smiling!!

I'll jump in here (3FC) when I can... I might not food journal for awhile... test my wings of independence... (fingers crossed & prayers said!!) Love to you ALL!!!

ImpalaHoarder
07-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Back! What can I say about the vacation... I ate badly. I found I actually COULDN'T overeat very much without feeling sick, but I still ate a little more than I should have and a lot more than I have been eating, partially due to snacking. Now I'm up to 167.2 and I have that "oh god I ate too much yesterday" feeling in my stomach. Hopefully it's mostly some form of temporary weight. Being on plan today should reduce the "oh god what did I eat" feeling for tomorrow, too. Having friends over today, and we're having pizza- my plan is to have a yoghurt for lunch and then at dinner time with them I can have up to 3 pieces of pizza if that tickles my fancy.

Wysteria
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Derp, been running entirely on sugar today. Twas not a good food day.

At various times of the day, I consumed:

Fat-free yoghurt with maple syrup.
Pate. Just pate, no salad/bread or anything.
A Mars Bar.
Packet of cheese and onion crisps.
Can of full fat coke.
Some weird drink called Neuro Sonic. I think I'm still running off it, I'm buzzing.
A small, nondescript sausage.

Yeah. And now I feel sick and won't be having any dinner. Eheh.

springjacka
07-12-2010, 07:20 PM
7/12 Check-In

A friend of mine recommended a program called DietPower that my husband and I decided to go ahead and buy it over the weekend, so I've been playing around with that. I like it better than FitDay, personal preference I guess. I think I am going to keep track of the calories from DietPower here, instead of FitDay.

DietPower Budgeted Calories: 1632
calories earnied in exercise: 158

Breakfast: My usual coffee (336) I'm working on ways to get this to be a much lower calorie choice.
Dinner: Turbo Sandwich ~6 in. hoagie, ham, pepperoni, mozzarella, lettuce, tomato~ (453) side salad w/ cheese already mixed in (80) 3 cheese sticks (290):o
Drink while shopping with mom: super size Hi-C Orange (460):eek: I HAD NO IDEA OR I WOULD HAVE NEVER DRANK IT!!!
Supper: going to be a medium salad with tomato & mushrooms + a couple sprays of italian dressing

DietPower Calories Eaten: 1839 before supper

2 of 12 workouts completed ~ 1.25 walk/slow jog combo - 24 minutes + 10 minutes of stretching

I'm not going to get upset about the calories. Live and learn, right? I will focus more on food next month. This month I just wanted to get moving and start burning calories and I think I'm doing good with that so far.

fashinjunkie09
07-12-2010, 07:30 PM
love, mmm that seasoning sounds yummy I'll have to try that! And the brand of hummus I buy is called Sabra I get it at Super Target and I think it's delicious! They have regular kind or roasted garlic, roasted red pepper, pesto, and chipotle (my fave!) that I know of. If you like spicy food you should try it!

veil, great job not gaining on vacation- I'm with you being a 5-10 lb gainer usually. I hope to be able to go on vacation and only gain if it's normal (like TOM or something) and not because I ate everything in site! :)

Impala, I hate that feeling and I'm sure it'll be gone tomorrow and the little bit you put on is probably water weight and will be gone in no time!!

spring, don't worry days like that happen to us all but you have a great attitude about it!

Well I am very excited because the scale said 156.6 this morning which is my highschool weight and a new low! Be back to post my food in a little bit, I hope you ladies are having a good Monday! :)

love2b150
07-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Fashin just wrote it down, love spicy. I'll check it out the next time I go for groceries. Thanks

Today's menu ...

7/12/10

Breakfast (390)
2 slices whole wheat toast w/reg margine and apple jelly, skim milk, V8 fusion,

Snack (280)
serving and a half animal crackers (finished the bag), 1oz baked Lays

Late lunch (280)
Honey nut cheerios 1.5 cups, with half cup 2% milk

Dinner (344)
4oz teriyaki chicken breast, green beans, 2oz Uncle Bens rice, grapefruit

Total calories today 1294 short 203 on today's calorie cycle of 1497

going for a walk when my DH is done eating his fried chicken

fashinjunkie09
07-12-2010, 09:40 PM
7/12/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (335)
2 pkts strawberries 'n cream instant oatmeal made w/ water- 260
H2O- 0

Lunch (490)
large salad w/ shredded romain lettuce, Roma tomato, red onion, hardboiled egg, grilled chicken, and homemade low cal blue cheese and bacon dressing- 410
H2O- 0

Snack (175)
3 oz baby carrots- 35
H2O- 0

Dinner (465)
6 oz baked chicken coated w/ shake 'n bake- 240
1 2% velveeta mac 'n cheese cup- 180
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,495 calories

loveAcat
07-12-2010, 10:03 PM
And I've never had stinky pee after eating it, I think you have to eat ALOT to get that effect, or maybe I eat it often enough that my body is used to it? Lol

My biology teacher in high school said it's genetic... lol, that's the only thing that I remember from that class :P

loveAcat
07-12-2010, 10:07 PM
monday check-in:

Vit D & multivitamin

milk, skim, 1 cup -- D
oatmeal, 1/2 cup
flaxseed, 1 Tbsp
1 grapefruit -- VV

1 apple

4 c lettuce
beans, pickles, tempeh, 1.5 oz light feta cheese, roasted vegetables, olive oil, vinegar

12 almonds

1 med yellow squash
2 Tbsp hummus

1 egg
3/4 c egg whites
1 tsp olive oil
1 c sliced mushrooms
2 oz light feta

2 kashi fruit and nut granola bars

Much better after yesterdays' little excursion to the Chinese Dim Sum place... :)

Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Diana3271
07-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Hi Everyone!

Veil I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation! If you decide not to post daily, please come back and post your progress when you can. We will miss seeing you.

Fashin Great job on getting back to your high school weight! :carrot:

love2b150 Enjoy your walk.

springjacka I have never heard of DietPower.

Total Approx 1765 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach (or other vegetable of choice)
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Cape Cod reduced fat chips 100 calories

Snack (90 calories)
Cottage Cheese 90 calories

Dinner (950 Calories)
1 Hot wing 100 calories
1/2 salad w/Ranch 150 calories
Grilled chicken breast 500 calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories

Exercise:
~TF Fire 55 EZ

love2b150
07-12-2010, 11:24 PM
LOL Diana, we got out there and before we could get a mile in the clouds opened up. I don't know why I always find it hilarious when we get caught in the rain, but I do. :D We do a mile in a little less than 20 minutes so I was bummed that we didn't get to finish at least one mile since we surely weren't gonna get to our 3. I sure wish we had a treadmill on the hot and rainy days.

fashinjunkie09
07-13-2010, 12:01 AM
loveA, lol that's very interesting! I always wondered if it was even true since people always say it but I'd never experienced it.

Thanks Diana!

love2b, I know what you mean about the treadmill I wish I had one too. Maybe some day! :)

love2b150
07-13-2010, 12:14 AM
loveA, lol that's very interesting! I always wondered if it was even true since people always say it but I'd never experienced it.

Thanks Diana!

love2b, I know what you mean about the treadmill I wish I had one too. Maybe some day! :)

Fashin ... still talking about smelly pee :), LOL. You know I have never experienced it with anything other than whiting fish, pew/awful and the cappuccino Slim Fast, nauseating. I have chosen not to ingest either ... :D

My husband says he doesn't want to waste money on a treadmill until it gets too cold to walk. I think I'll be able to do the cold walks easier than the extremely hot. I did last winter until I lost my partner, she said it was too cold for her ... as long as I'm moving I'm fine :D

patchworkpenguin
07-13-2010, 12:19 AM
July 12

1 Iced coffee 50
˝ Chili’s Bacon burger and fries 750
= 800

coffee 50
3 oatmeal banana choc chip muffins 500
= 550

turkey sandwich 230
baked beans 160
peach 50
=460

Total = 1,820

Exercise,
Ped= 4,178
rest day.

Weight,

fashinjunkie09
07-13-2010, 12:37 AM
love, LOL I think you've made the right choice! ;) And I'm the same way, I can handle the cold as long as I'm moving but this heat makes me want to lay on the couch and never move!

ImpalaHoarder
07-13-2010, 02:56 AM
Food:

Shameful, really. Just DIDN'T GET AROUND TO EATING until dinner. I cannot keep doing this. I'm pretty sure it's bad for me. At least the log is short.

Three pieces of pizza with a TON of pepperoni and sausage - ~1200 calories.

Goal: 1000 Total:1200

I'll eat 1000 tomorrow, I suppose.

springjacka
07-13-2010, 10:35 AM
I took some time off late last year to read through Judith Beck's Beck Diet Solution. Beck is a psychologist, the book is not about what we eat but what causes us to eat. I read the pink book, has 40 chapters {read one a day} and Beck helps us recognize why we eat, and gives us steps, tools, hints, and exercises to help us fight the urge to eat when we aren't hungry. I read about half the book then went back and re-read the last week to make sure I had gotten everything. Her book really helped me stop and think before I ate.

If you haven't tried it I bet your library might have a copy.

Thanks again for recommending this book penguin! Unfortunately, my small town library did not have it andit wasn't available with the traveling library. I went ahead and ordered a copy though, I'm sure its well worth the price paid. :)

DietPower Budgeted Calories: 1660
calories earned in exercise: 443

Breakfast: didn't eat any breakfast
Snack: none
Dinner: 8oz tuna, 1T miracle whip, 1T sweet relish, 8 multi-grain club crackers, 1c pineapple chunks, 24oz sweet tea (598)
Snack: sweet tea (144)
Supper: chinese food (600)
Water: 92oz

Calories Eaten: 1342

L R K
07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi Girls :wave:

fashin!!!! Good job getting back down to your high school weight and new low! You're awesome! :cp:

Impala - those days happen. Keep your head up, move on and get back OP. At least you stayed in a healthy cal. range right?!? You have to look at the positives! :)

My start to the week was a little rough, not feeling 100% yesterday so did not eat well at all. Soup, bread and ginger ale pretty much all day. My back has also been playing up, didn't get much sleep over the weekend so that's probably the reason I felt ill yesterday. Luckily my Chrio could fit me in yesterday, so I had my back adjusted and a short massage and my back felt much better afterwards. Got a good sleep last night so I am feeling much better. Back to it today.

Here is the plan for the day 7/13/2010

B - 3/4 cup bran flakes w/ flax and 1/2 cup skim milk + 1 banana

L - small can tuna mixed with 1/2 the fat mayp and chopped pickles on 2 light rye Ryvita + salad of lettuce, baby spinach, tomato, light chedder cheese and cal.wise balsamic dressing

S - 1 Apple

D - Shrimp with broccoli sprouts, avocado and old school marie sauce

Exercise: Wii Fit Plus

sotypical
07-13-2010, 01:16 PM
I am still not really on tracking, but I am working on it. Yesterday was fine, until the evening when I had some chips and popcorn.

Yesterday 7/12

Breakfast:
sourdough w/ bit of butter, ham, egg
coffee w/ half and half

Lunch:
beef noodle soup
1 salad roll

Dinner:
4oz salmon
fried mushrooms and onions
corn on the cob
mashed yam

after dinner:
few chips - not that many really
too much popcorn

Today I am really trying to get back on track. I am going to an english pub for dinner - plus side of this pub - no deep fryer. And they make the most delicious crab cakes and pan fried oysters. Probably going to get crab cakes. Anyway, I did enter in today's calories until lunch and I am doing okay. Not sure what dinner calories will be, but hopefully this is the start of getting back on track.

Today 7/13

Breakfast: 311 calories
small slice sourdough w/ laughing cow, smoked salmon
strawberries

Snack: 236 calories
coffee w/ half and half
fibre one bar

Lunch: 360 calories
high fibre toast w/ tzatziki, lettuce and 3 falafel balls
baby carrots
miso soup

Dinner:
???

jendiet
07-13-2010, 02:12 PM
hey ladies. Well, i had 2 more servings of mi/me exchanges than usual--and I'm up to 183.6 today. blah. that is a 2 lb gain from yesterday's weight...which is a 3 lb gain from the day before! crazy.pms bloating or what? i don't even think i ovulated.

Zing
07-13-2010, 02:45 PM
This sounds like the sort of thing that might be useful for me, so hope nobody minds me joining in :)

Breakfast- didn't get up for
Lunch - Sausage on a roll - not happy with, I need to plan ahead for my lunches again, particularly as I've been trying to avoid carbs lately
Mid-afternoon - One square of posh 70% chocolate. Surprised that it was quite low cal and dealt with
Dinner - Burgers made from lean mince and loads of vegetables, served with slimming world oven chips (a definite success) and homemade onion relish. Very filling!

Feeling quite motivated on the exercise front, but my knee is bothering me and figuring out something to do that won't hurt it is proving difficult.
Been drinking plenty water, and hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.

Wysteria
07-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Note to self: PLAN YOUR DARN MEALS!

Breakfast:
2 Oatybix with fat free yoghurt and maple syrup.

Snack:
Erm... a donut >.> I KNOW I KNOW. IT'S WHEAT! But it was my colleague's birthday and it would have been rude not to eat one, lol.

Lunch:
Beef and bean chilli with rice from the cafe across the road. Epic massive portion but it was really tasty.

Then I didn't have my afternoon apple due to a meeting which made me forget to eat it.

Then I went to the gym for an hour of abuse by my personal trainer.

Dinner:
Small slice of pate and two fried eggs.

And now I've got a cup of tea, am very tired and sore but really quite contented.

fashinjunkie09
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks Lauren!! I'm glad your back is feeling better and your back OP today!

Courtnie, mmm crab cakes sound delish! Good luck getting back OP you can do it!

jen, don't worry about those lbs! The same thing happened to me last week but I stayed the course and they went away plus some. I know it's frustrating but hang in there!

Welcome zing! :wave:

7/13/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (335)
2 pkts blueberries 'n cream instant oatmeal made w/ water- 260
H2O- 0

Lunch (Subway, 500)
6" inch turkey on whole wheat w/ veggies, American cheese, and light mayo- 380
small bag of baked Tuscan Parmesan chips- 120
H2O- 0

Snack PM (80)
H2O- 0

Dinner (550)
2 oz whole wheat spaghetti- 210
.5 cup spaghetti sauce- 90
2 oz lean ground beef- 80
1 tsp parmesan cheese- 10
1 slice ciabatta garlic bread- 160
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,465 calories

jendiet
07-13-2010, 05:18 PM
HI zing!
Wysteria, one donut isn't the end of the world! i hope it doesn't mess with you too bad.
fashin, thanks...i know it's not real! i mean it's not diet related because I have been for the most part on plan. But it is really disheartening to get an all new low for this time-and then bounce right back up!

ok here is my food and activity from yesterday:

31, 345 steps on my pedometer. Yes, that is right. I cleaned everything i could. I scrubbed, vacuumed, washed, and did laundry even went shopping all of that over 8 hrs. That is 8 hrs of housework--which is about 1900 cs burned. I will be conservative and say 1600.

I also did a full arm routine for 20 min with my tubing and 2 sets of pushups and tricep dips.

7-12-10 wt: 181.6
Food:
Goal: 6 mi/me, 5S, 5Fr, 2V, 2Fa, free foods <20 cs
Actual: 8 1/4 mi/me, 5 1/4 Fr, 4S, 1V, 1fa

breakfast shake: 1 mi, 1S
almonds (10)-1/2 me
10 cherries + 2 blueberries: 1 Fr

2 snack packs (1/4 cup) yogurt raisins and almonds(raw)-2 Fr, 1me

turkey ham-1 me
salad-free
2 tbsp ranch (reduced-homemade)-1 fat
1/3 cup cheese-1 mi

4 strawberries-1/8 Fr
5 blueberries-1/8 Fr
whipped cream-1S

1 string cheese-1/2 mi

2 pcs chicken: 2 me
1/2 cup brown rice- 1 S
green beans-1V
cucumbers-free
olives-free

4 strawberries + 10 blueberries + 10 cherries- 1 Fr
2 tbsp whipped cream-1S

post workout. I wasn't going to eat anymore, but I needed the protein/carbs.
1/2 cup cottage cheese- 1 mi
10 grapes-1/4 Fr
1/ 8 cup raisins + almonds-1/2 Fr, 1/4 me

7-13-10 wt 183.6

G: 6 mi/me, 5Fr, 5S, 2V, 2Fa, free foods <20 cs
Actual 6 mi/me, 5S, 5Fr, 2V, 1fa, free foods.

breakfast
butter-1 fa
2 eggs- 1me
1 Breakfast shake: 1 mi, 1S

snack
yogurt raisins and almonds- 1/2 me, 1Fr
cinnamon disk-free

lunch
1 baked chicken leg- 1me
12 cherries- 1 Fr
cucumbers- free

snack
yogurt raisins and almonds-1/2 me, 1Fr
cinnamon disk- free

after swim snack
1 pk of cheddar sharks-1S
12 olives-1S
low sodium v8-2 V

Dinner
1/4 c kidney beans-1S
baked chicken-1 me
turkey ham-1/2 me
cucumber-free

snack: 30 cherries (i'm a feind)- 2 Fr
16 dark chocolate chips-1S

activity: rest day
cleaned pool and walked in water for 1 hr.

L R K
07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the thread Zing! :wave:

L R K
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
jendiet - what plan are you doing?? What do the mi / me / fr stand for?? Just curious :)

jendiet
07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Lauren, those are exchanges. It is the exchange system--tweaked to my own use.

an exchange of milk - is 8 oz milk(whole) or the equivalent-about 150 cs high fat milk
an exchange of meat- is equivalent to 1 chicken leg about 150 cs--high fat meat
an exchange of fruit- simply is 60 cs
an exchange of starch- 80 cs
an exchange of fat is 45 cs
an exchange of vegetables is 25 cs

free foods are <20 cs (mostly veggies)

its like calorie counting but not exact. i also combine my milk and meat groups together. some days I want 4 milk/2 meats. 3 milks/ 3 meats, or 5 milk, 1 meat.

niafabo
07-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi guys this seems like fun so I thought I'd join in.

Breakfast (271 calories)
3/4 Cup Life Cereal 120
1 Cup 1 % Milk With Vitamin A 103
Granny Smith Apple 80
4 cups of Coffee 8
4 Tbsp Coffee Mate Sugar Free Hazel Nut Creamer 60

Lunch (152)
High Protein Cereal Bar Peanut Butter 140
1 cup Orange Juice 112

Dinner (702)
Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast 200
1 cup of Peas 125
A large piece of French Bread 277
1 tsp Butter w/o Salt 100

Snack (330)
Pack of Reese's (I know I'm terrible XD) 210
1 cup Cranberry Juice 120

Total: 1455 Calories

want2bfit4me
07-13-2010, 08:07 PM
I'd like to join in also... Today is my first day here of 3FC and I need some accountability. I keep a food diary but this will help too. So here it goes.

Breakfast:
1 Sausage and egg biscuit (not a good choice for me but will do better tomorrow).

Lunch:
3/4 cups of chili sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese and onion with a small back of chili cheese Frito's.

Snack about 1 hr later:
Salad with cucumber, tomato and Oil/Vinegar dressing

Supper:
Will have
Roast pork, steamed new potatoes and yellow summer squash

I did a Leslie Sansone video 1 mile with warm up and cool down.

Tomorrows another day with choices to be made...........

jendiet
07-13-2010, 08:56 PM
HI Nia and fit! welcome!

loveAcat
07-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Check in for 7/13/10:

* Vit D & multivitamin

milk, skim, 1 cup -- D
oatmeal, 1/2 cup
flaxseed, 1 Tbsp
3/4 c blueberries

1 apple
12 almonds

4 c lettuce
2 oz light feta
1/5 Tbsp raisins
olive oil and balsamic vinegar

1 egg
3/4 c egg whites
1 c mushrooms, sliced
1 chicken sausage
1.5 oz light feta

1/2 c blueberries
1 pc chocolate

Kudos to myself today... I was so up and ready to go out and get ice cream... but I didn't!

Hope everyone had a great OP Tuesday!

Diana3271
07-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi Everyone!

Zing, niafabo, & want2bfit4me Hi and Welcome! :wave: It's great to have you join in!

Wysteria I hear you on planning your meals. Sometimes it's easier said than done! Keep at it. You are probably doing better than you think.

loveAcat Great job on avoiding temptation.

want2bfit4me Great job on getting that Leslie workout done!

Jen Sometimes the scale does crazy things. Sometimes our body does even crazier things! ;)

Courtnie You can do it!

Total Approx 1575 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach (or other vegetable of choice)
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Cape Cod reduced fat chips 100 calories

Dinner: (850 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories
Honey Dew Melon 150 Calories

Exercise:
~Turbo Jam Ab Jam (2 times)
~The Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster w/Fitstix & Fanny Lifter

love2b150
07-13-2010, 10:37 PM
love, LOL I think you've made the right choice! ;) And I'm the same way, I can handle the cold as long as I'm moving but this heat makes me want to lay on the couch and never move!

Me too I could stay in the a/c forever! :D Luckily it's been raining so by the time we go it's not so bad, but you don't know when the next storm is coming ... bummer

Welcome Zing, niafabo, and want2bfit4me :)

Wysteria I am with you all the way on this Note to self: PLAN YOUR DARN MEALS! I use to do it and it worked out so well, but since the kids have been home I have slacked off ... not sure why since I definitely have the time

Today started out planned then I switched up on lunch and oh well
... also supposed to be a high calorie day and I went over

7/13/10

Big Breakfast (697)
2 eggs w/ a slice of 2% cheese, 3 strips microwave bacon, 2 slices of whole wheat toast w/ reg margarine and apple jelly, skim milk and 1/2 grapefruit

Snack (100)
Rice cake and low sodium V8

Lunch (434)
2oz chicken breast canned, diet cranberry juice, 1/2 grapefruit, Fit & Active shrimp pasta and vegetable meal, broccoli

Snack (330)
Hummus (bought Chipotle, dried tomato and garlic flavors) I think I'm addicted, tried them all, cinnamon snack pack (like mini rice cakes), wheat crackers

Dinner (335)
whole grain wrap, 2oz shred teriyaki chicken, shredded taco blend cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream

total calories 1896 over by 100 calories and we only walked a mile and a quarter due to the rain. Today's calorie intake was supposed to be 1796. I am truly afraid of what the scale will say in the morning. And I was just applauding myself for staying on track. I need one of those whooshes you all have :)

jendiet
07-13-2010, 10:40 PM
love, if the almighty scale is saying +3 it is lying--or at least 'HALF-TRUTHING'.

100 cs does not even hit a fraction of the calories needed to be eaten to gain a lb.

ImpalaHoarder
07-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Better than yesterday! I'm really trying to be more vigilant about spreading my calories over the day.

yoghurt- 100 calories
grapes- 200 calories
ramen-400 calories
chicken caesar salad, no dressing, light on croutons and chicken- Tried to take an amount that would be about 300 calories, but who knows.
a teaspoon of chocolate ice cream- beats me?

Goal: 1000 Total:1000ish + tsp ice cream? Good enough for me to count it as my 1000 calorie day. I'm HUNGRY. Tomorrow- more food!

Also, spent about an hour digging a grave for a bird at the bird shelter I volunteer at. I certainly got exhausted, so maybe it's kind of exercise-like.

love2b150
07-13-2010, 11:09 PM
love, if the almighty scale is saying +3 it is lying--or at least 'HALF-TRUTHING'.

100 cs does not even hit a fraction of the calories needed to be eaten to gain a lb.

The thing is I usually don't come close to that many calories, but I am so trying to break this plateau, so I wanted to try this calorie cycling thing, so it's more like 300-400 more calories than I had been doing. I know I need to just breathe and wait it out. :)

fashinjunkie09
07-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Welcome nia and want2!! :wave:

Jen, I know exactly what you mean! I just saw an all time low and I'm afraid that for my official WI tomorrow (even though I've been OP) I'm going to be right back up to where I was. Ugh.

love2b, I know what you mean the weather here has been crazy with huge storms every other day... I'm glad you like the hummus how is the dried tomato kind I've never tried it? And it might be scary if you see a gain at first, but you really will just need to wait it out! I've heard great things about zig zagging (or cycling) calories and if you're needing to bust through a plateu I bet it will do the trick! Good luck! :)

love2b150
07-14-2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks Fashin :) The Sun Dried Tomato is a little bland so I figure I'll mix it with the Chitpotle or the Garlic flavors when I eat them. I am really surprised that I have never tried hummus before.

jendiet
07-14-2010, 01:06 AM
fashin, i hope the weigh in is lower than your new all time low. That would me a nice motivation. But if it isn't or it is up--remember that is just one picture of a moment in time. You are STILL on a downward trend.

Good job.

Love and fashin, i like hummus. Too expensive in store. So i buy a can of chickpeas, chop them up in food processor, add seasonings and a little olive oil--the sky is the limit to what you like in it. Chickpeas are really agreeable with almost everything. They have high protein too.

Alright, i am to bed.

patchworkpenguin
07-14-2010, 01:51 AM
July 13

1 Iced coffee 50
2 homemade blueberry muffins 300
= 350

Red Robin Honey Mustand chicken Sandwich 900
fries 400
4 cookies 250
= 1,550

turkey sandwich 230
tomato salad 60
= 290

Total = 2,190

Exercise,
Ped= 6,200 ~ I got my new Ped and that’s more like it.
50min pilates
50min weights

Weight,

Veil, sorry to lose you but I hope your new plans work well for you.

Impala, sorry to hear about the grave digging part, but maybe gardening would be more fun.

Welcome, to the new members glad to have you join us :carrot:

Ginat Yarak
07-14-2010, 03:49 AM
You can do it! You can do it! We will be here to cheer you on! :cheer2: We will be here to cheer you on! :cheer2:

Welcome welcome and good luck!:)

Diana3271
07-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Ginat Yarak Hi and Welcome! :wave:

want2bfit4me
07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Thank you to all your welcomes.........

Today I choose to make better choices. How about you.

Have a great day....
Leann

L R K
07-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Everyone :)

jendiet - interesting, thanks for sharing :)

Welcome to the thread neofabo and want2bfit4me :wave:

loveAcat - well done on saying no to that ice cream! :cp:

love2b150 - I have never tried canned chicken, what is it like?? I'm kinda weirded out by it because I don't know anyone who has even tried it. But it would definitely be an easy protein to keep in the pantry along with canned tuna.

Impala - awww poor birdie :( Digging counts as exercise :)

So last night my back was playing up again - one day after my Chiro appointment! I was so upset, I was in sooo much pain I was crying and considering going to Emergency to see if there was something really really wrong (and perhaps prescribe me some really strong pain killers). But I didn't I took some muscles relaxants and Tylenol (a lot of Tylenol!) and then took a hot bath and then after the bath sat with a heat pad for about 30mins and my back felt a little better so I could finally get to bed. It still feels kinda sore this morning but not terrible. Going to make an appointment with my RMT ASAP I really just want to find something that will giev me some relief for a few days!

Anyway - here is my plan for the day 7/14/2010

B - 1/4 cup oatmeal w/ natural peanut butter and honey + 1 cup watermelon + 1 light Babybel cheese

S - 1 Yoghurt

L - 1/3 cup whole wheat pasta w/ 1 small can tomato and onion flavoured tuna mixed in + 1 cup green beans sprinkled with a little salt

S - 1 Banana

D - What I was supposed to have last night

Drinking: Skipped my morning coffee this morning and opted for a cup of green tea + 2L water throughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: If it's raining, Wii Fit Plus - If no rain, 30min brisk walk with the dog

springjacka
07-14-2010, 12:02 PM
:bday2: 28 today...funny how time flies...

I'm wondering if I am eating enough. I eat when I am hungry, not on a schedule. I also eat when things are emotional, which thankfully hasn't been a problem lately. Yesterday, for example, I ate dinner and supper. That was it. I think I was in the 1300 calorie range. My total calories were in the 1600 range + I had extra calories (according to dietpower) for the calories burned in exercise. I'm confused about it all. Isn't the idea to burn calories to lose weight? Why is this program telling me I can eat more to make up for the calories I just burned off? :?:

Budgeted Calories: 1637

Breakfast: coffee (308 :o) The cream is gone and I am NOT buying more!
Snack: none
Dinner: 1c spinach, 1c romaine, 1/4c tomatoes, 2T ranch, 1/4c shredded cheddar, 1c baked sweet potato fries, 32oz crystal light (406)
Snack: 2T peanut butter, 4 multi-grain club crackers (253)
Supper: 2 chicken fajitas (559)
Boredom: no-bake cheesecake, 1 can dr. pepper (391)

Water: 82oz
Total Calories: 2144

Zing
07-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Thank you to everyone for the welcomes! :D

Brunch - Scrambled egg on toast, without buttering the toast
Still having tiger bread though, need to use pester power to switch the family to wholemeal, but we've just been buying what's on offer. Maybe if I get the chance I could bake some this week :)

Dinner - Was planning a chicken and orange cous cous salad, but the weather is so rotten mum has requested something warm and comforting.
Having some mini meat loaf from the freezer with slimming world oven chips and houmous instead. I'm a houmous lover too! :D

Drinking:
Nothing but water as usual :)

Exercise:
Did my mind programming CD last night (I'm doing Paul Mckenna's system) - chose the exercise one and I'm shocked by how up for exercise I've been today. During ad breaks on tv, I worked with soupcan dumbbells, did press ups, sit ups and some of Jane Fonda's leg and arm exercises. May go on the bike later if my knees are feeling up to it.

Planning to look into some soups for the rest of the week's lunches since the horrible weather seems set to continue.

Went for my weigh in this morning and the scales are playing up again - tried 6 times and they varied from 18 stone to 15 stone 13! (should be somewhere in the middle). I was looking at new sets the other day - I think I'll see if Tesco have any going cheap because these ones are really close to giving up the ghost and eat batteries like I like to eat kettle chips! I think I've lost a bit this week and TOM means I've probably lost some water weight since last week. :)

love2b150
07-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Hello Everyone ... hope everyone has a totally OP day :carrot:

Jen it's my new love :) We have a store here called Aldi, we actually just got it about 3 months ago. They have there own brand of items at wonderful prices and it taste pretty good. I got the hummus for $1.69 per 8oz container. I don't know if that's good or bad since I have never purchased it before. But I have heard people say that it is quite expensive. They also have a line of low calorie foods called Fit & Active which are really good also. I have learned on here from you all to watch the sodium :) so everything that says low fat isn't exactly not good for us. I want a food processor but I think my husband thinks I'll have him eating something mushy so he doesn't want to buy it :laughing:.

Lauren, it is exactly like tuna. It's in chunks. My son was the one that said let's try it, so we did. One of the good things they ask for :) Swanson is a good brand, I have also purchased the Walmart brand. It's nothing like chicken nuggets or patties. Lauren I feel for you on the back ache. My mid back to shoulder/shoulder to elbow have been really bothering me, not sure why and it's off and on ... had me up a 4ish this morning, couldn't sleep. Hope we get some relief soon. :hug:

want2bfit4me, Laughing to myself ... I'm making great choices with my calorie/food intake ... my scale just isn't noticing it :)

:welcome: Ginat Yarak

:bday2you: springjacka

sotypical
07-14-2010, 01:18 PM
LaurenA - I feel you on pack pain. I must be going on more then a month now of mine hurting. I have been to the chrio a few times and the RMT a few times. Finally I was so mad and in so many pain I did go to emergency and they basically treated me an idiot. They gave me sleeping pills and told me to get out. That was last Monday. Last Thursday I went to my family doctor and he put some freezing shots in my back - they have worn off since, so back hurts again but not like it was. He also gave me some crazy pain killer cream/nerve that I put on 4-6 times a day and it seems to be helping... more then most other things anyway. I am going to the spa on Saturday and seeing a RMT there and going to sit in there hot tub... I hope it goes away soon. The pain actually started like 2 months ago, but wasn't bad for the first few weeks. My grandma gave me a chair thing this weekend that heats and massages, using it now... hope it helps. Anyway, just wanted to say you are not alone!

Zing
07-14-2010, 01:29 PM
love2b - I totally love food processors! I'm back living with parents at the moment, and getting to use mum's makes me wonder how I ever did without them. I find they're really handy for sneaking vegetables into things (I'm a complete veg hater) and definitely don't make everything mushy. Would love to make hummus in it as well, getting tahini is putting me off a bit as it's a new ingredient for me.

sotypical
07-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Zing - I never put tahini in my hummus. I have it, but I don't really like it. And I love my food processor too - I use it to sneak in veggies as well. Sometimes I use a hand blender for hummus, gives it a bit of a chunkier texture - kinda nice. I love hot sauce in hummus, yum yum. I think I am going to make hummus and falafel's tonight - must get chickpeas!

Zing
07-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Zing - I never put tahini in my hummus. I have it, but I don't really like it. And I love my food processor too - I use it to sneak in veggies as well. Sometimes I use a hand blender for hummus, gives it a bit of a chunkier texture - kinda nice. I love hot sauce in hummus, yum yum. I think I am going to make hummus and falafel's tonight - must get chickpeas!

That's cool, what do you put in yours then? Just chick peas, garlic, lemon and olive oil?
I found some sweet chilli hummus in the reduced cabinet of the supermarket last week - so nice! I used to get a lemon and coriander one that was lovely, but they don't seem to do it anymore alas!
Falafel burgers with pittas, salad, and spicy potatoes are on my menu for next week. Am telling the family that I'm just making "Greek burgers" as a vegetarian meal would probably lead to trouble!

sotypical
07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
I get creative with hummus - sometimes I throw it away, sometimes I eat it.

Chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, hot sauce, cumin, curry powder, chicken stock, onions, carrots, green onions - not all at once, sometimes all at once, just depends!

Zing
07-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Another excuse to get more veg in! Yay :D Thanks for the tips, meant to be going shopping tomorrow so will see if I can get some chickpeas in :).

Wysteria
07-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Worst day yet, but I think I know why. I have to get on a plane tomorrow to go to Sweden for work, and I'm absolutely terrified of flying. It's been playing on my mind so this is why today I've eaten:

2 cans of full fat Cola and a Twix.

><

And the lords only know what they eat in Sweden. Will post whatever I managed to choke down when I'm back on Saturday. Provided I don't die in a firey fireball of firey doom.

jendiet
07-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Jen it's my new love :) We have a store here called Aldi, we actually just got it about 3 months ago. They have there own brand of items at wonderful prices and it taste pretty good. I got the hummus for $1.69 per 8oz container. I don't know if that's good or bad since I have never purchased it before. But I have heard people say that it is quite expensive. They also have a line of low calorie foods called Fit & Active which are really good also. I have learned on here from you all to watch the sodium :) so everything that says low fat isn't exactly not good for us. I want a food processor but I think my husband thinks I'll have him eating something mushy so he doesn't want to buy it :laughing:.

OH God, I love Aldis!!! It is my NEW LOVE. i wish it was closer to me, but at least it is in my town. The produce prices are AWESOME!

Happy 28th Spring. I am fixing to turn 31 myself! wow. I'm old. heh.

L R K
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
springjacka HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :woo:

love2b150 - thanks for the info - maybe i'll give it a try, i'll buy a small can when I grocery shop on the weekend.

sotypical - Perhaps I should visit my doctor too hmmmm ... going to my RMT tomorrow so hopefully that will help.

Wysteria - You will be fine, planes are very safe! Keep your chin up :)

love2b150
07-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Zing I'm gonna have to get one.

Lauren fix that chicken up just like you do your tuna and you've got a meal.

Jen, yes Aldi is the best. I went back today and bought the cayenne flavor, oh my goodness it is hot, but I put it on the vegetable crackers I got from Aldi and it kicked the heat down a notch.

Wysteria, I'm with you about flying but I love to get there fast. Take your ipod and a good puzzle book, that's what I took with me

Today's menu
Today's calories supposed to be 1497

7/14/10

Breakfast (342)
1/4 egg sub, 1/2 slice cheese, 3 strips of micro bacon, 1 slice whole wheat toast, skim milk, 1/2 grapefruit

Lunch (493)
whole grain wrap, 2oz chicken, taco shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, cup of watermelon w/cool whip

Snack (290)
choc crisp snack pack, hummus, vegetable crackers

Dinner (277)
green beans, yogurt, 1/2 grapefruit

total calories 1352 under by 145

30 minute workout video/45 minutes of DDR ~fun

Diana3271
07-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi Everyone!

springjacka :bday2you:

Total Approx 1725 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Cape Cod 40% reduced fat chips 100 calories
apple pack 40 calories

Dinner (1000 Calories)
Teriyaki Beef 600 Calories
Steamed White Rice 400 Calories

Exercise:
~TF Fire 55 EZ

niafabo
07-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Wow seems like some pretty bad choices food wise now that I look at it. XD

Breakfast (480)
2X Thin Sliced Whole Wheat Bagel 280
2Tbsp of Cream Cheese 200

Snack (220)
Trail Mix Fruit & Nut Bar 140
Apple 80

Lunch (230)
1 cup Beef Stew 230

Dinner (430)
2 pieces of Fried Chicken 326
Naked Salad w/ Tomatoes, Onions, and Olives 104

Snack (210)
Reese's Big Cup 210

Total 1570

Exercise
----------------
Calisthenics - 10 minutes
Lift Weights - 15 minutes
Bicycle - 30 minutes
Bali wood Dancing - 20 minutes

Thanks for all the welcome guys. Glad to be here. :)

loveAcat
07-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Quick Check-in:

* Vit D & multivitamin

milk, skim, 1 cup -- D
oatmeal, 1/2 cup
flaxseed, 1 Tbsp
3/4 c blueberries

12 chocolate almonds

1 c tomato soup
1/2 tuscan sandwich
1 cookie

1 apple
1/3 TJs pork roast
1 c cooked green beans

I wasn't really on plan today... because I was running around like crazy, trying to get last items for my suit case.

I'm leaving for a 2 week trip to Japan tomorrow (10 days of fun + 4 days at a conference) - should be good!

I plan on eating lots of fish, and going easy on the rice... :)

I'll check back in when I get back in August - have a great OP rest of the month, everyone!

patchworkpenguin
07-15-2010, 12:54 AM
July 14

1 Iced coffee 50
peach 50
= 100

homemade chicken, tom, basil, feta pizza
tom, basil, + pizza sauce 60
feta 30
pita 150
tom salad 40
chicken 150
= 430

peach 50
fiber bar 140
= 200

steak 300
2 c corn 200
grilled peach 50
2 bread 300
= 850

McAlister’s Banana Pudding pie ˝ slice 250

Total = 1,830

Exercise,
Ped=5,262
35min cardio

Weight,

Was is here that I saw a mention of grilled peaches??? Hubby and I grilled out tonight and gave it a try, they were really good.

Spring, Happy Birthday. :hb:

Cat, Have a good time in Japan! That sounds wonderful.

Wysteria, Enjoy Sweden. Think fish. Fish is good for you. On, and chocolate, but maybe I shouldn't mention that. :o