Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up ~*~July Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome~*~

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the July Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-01-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #2  
Trying to live below 200

Welcome to July! Let's make it a great month!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Okay, I'm offically going to have a goal this month.

I want out of the teens!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post

I want out of the teens!
You can do it! We will be here to cheer you on!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #5  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

RIGHT, this month I am going to shift those pesky last three pounds. But equally, if I start to GAIN weight, I need to be aware that it's muscle, not fat.

I am also really, really, really close to being able to get into a UK size 8 skirt/trousers. By the end of July I'd like to be able to purchase my first size 8 skirt or trousers.

I am also absolutely categorically NOT going to eat any bread or pasta unless it's gluten free. It is a food intolerance I have but sometimes I lapse and just think 'must has' and eat it, and the consequences be damned. The problem is that when I do this, I gain weight and that's why I can't shift those last few pounds.

I can do this. YEAH!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #6  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

I'm not having a very good day so far ... all I want to do is eat. I have drank 3 ~ 24oz cups of water with lemon and nothing is helping me. So far I have ate=

Breakfast (334)
1/2 grapefruit, 1/4 cup egg beaters, 1/2 slice cheese, 1 slice turkey bacon, 1 slice whole wheat toast w/ tsp marg & tsp apple jelly

snack (215)
Special K bar 90 and 2 tsp of grits from my daughters plate (I did half of the calories for a serving since they had sugar and margarine 65 maybe?), oh and about a cup of grapes

Lunch (590)
Smart One Pasta & marinara meal, Parmesan cheese, grapes and sunflower seeds

NO AFTERNOON SNACK

Dinner (200)
Salmon, spinach, squash, 1/2 grapefruit

TOTAL CALORIES 1279

(typed after lunch/before dinner) I didn't eat all of the pasta because I was full. It was maybe a 1/3 cup left, not a lot but it made my daughter happy to finish it. But I just keep wanting to eat. What on Earth is going on today? I've had 1139 calories and no afternoon snack or dinner. Help Then I just read all of this stuff about processed foods, so the lunch that I ate was all wrong. And I need to get more veggie/greens. 2 mile walk

Last edited by love2b150; 07-26-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: added exercise
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #7  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

My plan for the month, regardless of what else happens, is to finally see the 150's. I never have. I got down to about 160 - once- and then gained back to 180, so I'm going over old ground. I'm super-excited about seeing numbers on the scale that I've never seen before.

Yesterday my choices were good in terms of calories, but just DREADFUL in terms of nutrition. I ate: deli turkey (just... by itself), yoghurt, ice cream, chips, and cheetos. I made sure it fell within my 1500 calories for the day, and it really did make me feel better since I was eating things that I was worried I couldn't have on a diet, but as far as actual fuel, I fear it was absent. So that's a pattern that should maybe not happen again.

Today's goal is 1000 calories and I just woke up (I'm very nocturnal). I'm finishing up my second can of V8 juice as I type, but I should probably have more since that's only a total of 60 calories for breakfast, and I really don't want to be all hypoglycemic later.

I would say my biggest challenge is going to be figuring out how much to eat. I am good at making myself not eat very much, and I don't really get hungry, but I do worry that I will stall my weight loss. That's why I'm zigzagging my calories. It's working for the moment- in my first week I've lost 10 pounds- but I worry a plateau is going to kick in any time now.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #8  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post

I want out of the teens!
My goal this month is to get into the teens!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

Wysteria & ImpalaHoarder Hi and Welcome!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #10  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the welcome, here's what I've eaten today.

Breakfast:
Bowl of Kallo honey puffed rice and semi skimmed milk plus two cups of tea.

Lunch:
Quorn bolognese made with gluten free pasta, Quorn mince, chopped tomatoes and topped with a handful of cheddar cheese.

Dinner:
Ehehe, what dinner? Lunch filled me up loads so from 4pm when I got back from the gym all I've eaten has been three squares of Lindt Irish Coffee chocolate, two strips of baked breadcrumbed chicken and a glass of vodka and coke.

Today was a Bad Food Day. I haven't eaten enough and that's why my weight's been holding. When I started eating again, that's when I dropped more weight.

Argh argh argh argh *headdesk*
Old 07-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #11  

Impala and Wysteria - welcome!

Hello all,

So, as usual, I got onto the forum today without realizing that it was another month, but remembered before I posted to the June thread.

My Wednesday:

breakfast - smoothie (low fat organic plain yogurt, skim milk, a few almonds, banana, fresh blueberries, strawberries and cherries), my roommate brought a blender and we have plenty of ripe bananas, so this is a great start to the day!

snack - coffee, splash of milk

lunch - I went out to lunch with a group of students and profs to a Colombian restaurant. I had avena to drink (Latin American drink made with milk, water, ground up oats - sounds weird, but it's really tasty) and 3 tostones (fried plantain bites) with guacamole - an appetizer shared among 3 people. I didn't order a main dish because they all looked like too much, so I had an arepa (like a thick corn tortilla) with fresh cheese, and a side order of beans. Lots of water to drink, too.

I didn't have any dinner - wasn't hungry after a big, late lunch and it was the first day of my period which meant my energy and appetite were both lower than usual.

exercise: lots of walking, went to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.

scale: 199.5 Hello, my friend 1 - good to see you again.

So my July goal - well, I'm in Boston til the 18th, and as I said I'm hoping to just maintain here, but I think my goal will be to see 196 by the end of the month. That might be ambitious, but I'm going to go for it. That would put me at 40 pounds gone!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #12  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Bad day. I had to take my dog in today to have a tumor taken off of her lower jaw. That wasn't too bad... except for the fact that she's my baby, and I wanted to make a bigger deal out of it (not in front of her of course), but my family was so nonchalant about it all, so I had to be strong and all as well. It just annoyed me and upset me because my dog has been living with my grandparents (I am now living with them), and they told me they never noticed it. This is something that doesn't get as big as it was (about half an inch in diameter) overnight. I mean... sure, yeah... it's on her lower jaw, but it's at the front of her mouth... so... I dunno. I guess it just upset me because I began to think "what else could they have missed?" Not as a getting mad at them kind of thing... just a worried mother type of feeling for my baby dog.

And... I feel terrible. I haven't gained, but I can't eat the way I was able to when it was just me and my parents. All my Grandma can get in our little town when it comes to fruits are apples (which I can't stand... I just really don't like the taste), peaches (which are OK... I guess), watermelon, and oranges. And I'm not allowed to go to the store to get my own stuff. But I probably will sneak off tomorrow or something and go to the store and get my own stuff... all this pasta, white bread, and ham is really not working for me right now.

And then I got yelled at by my Dad because apparently everyone has been forgetting/losing "EVERYTHING". My mom forgot all of our medicine in the house we had been living in (this is $100+ of medicine that was to be brought back to Serbia with us, stuff we can't get over there), my little brother forgot his Bible at church the other day (on the playground, and it's been raining the past couple days), and I nearly lost my wallet (ended up finding it, but not without a shouting match between my Dad and I... because apparently I lose "everything", and since I do, I don't deserve to own anything at all, etc). So yeah.

I dunno. I need to go on my run, take a good long bath, and then curl up in bed with a good book and maybe even cry a bit.

Here's my food:

Goal: 1500 calories
Daily Total: ~1650

Breakfast
Cheerios - 150
Milk - 140
Total - 290

Lunch
Hamburger w/White Bread Bun & Ketchup - 300
French Fries - 270
Total - 570

Dinner
Grilled Cheese Sandwich - 280
Macaroni and Chicken Casserole - 210
Total - 490

Other
Apple Pie - 300
Total - 300

And now I'm off for my C25K W3D2... *sigh*
Old 07-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #13  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hi... Boy do I need this thread... Thank you Diana.

My immediate goal is to eat in moderation this weekend. I don't have a lot of plans. So I will have to stay busy on my own... and paws off the 'real' potato salad at the one cookout I'm going to on Monday. I am bringing a couple of par-baked potatoes to put on the grill, I'll add some salsa and stay away from the mayo...

I would like to lose 7 pounds this month. I can't wait to get to know everyone...

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 07-01-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Serbrider Wow! It sounds like you have had a rough couple of days. What kind of dog do you have? I have a labrador retriever named Magnum. He's our baby, too. I will say a little Prayer for you and your baby. Take care.

Total Approx 1625 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (360 calories + swipe mayo)
EarthGrains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Swipe Kraft Horshradish Dijon Mayonaise (less calories than regular mayo)
Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Cape cod reduced fat chips 100 calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Soft Tacos 600 calories
Seafood Queso Dip w/chips (shared 3 ways) 300 calories

Exercise:
~TurboFire Fire 30
~Core 20 (I only did the standing portion so it's really Core 10 This was an add on for me)
~Stretch 10 (I only did the standing portion so it's really Stretch 5 )
Old 07-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #15  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Thanks. Mine is a pit bull x lab x who knows what. I found her in Serbia, and had her there for four and a half years, and then we had her shipped over to the USA (and that was a nightmare in and of itself, for both her and for the guy bringing her, since we had arrived in July, when no animals were flying into Houston b/c the heat on the tarmac could kill them, but yeah, another time), and then a week after that my dad and the guy drove up to my grandparents' house because we found out the day we brought her home (after two months of waiting for an answer) that we couldn't keep her in the townhouse we were in. So yeah. I felt like a bad dog parent since then because though she is extremely well-mannered around people and isn't a nuisance, she is a very independent dog and likes to escape. And then all these other things kept coming up. And... I dunno. I want her inside with me again. I want her to sleep by my bed at night, I want her to curl up at my feet when I'm at my desk doing homework... and my grandparents are "absolutely NOT" when it comes to dogs being in even the tool shed outside, let alone inside the house on the carpet.

So yeah. I dunno... there's stress with that. She's my baby... and then came her tumor (it was removed without incident, I'm watching it faithfully to make sure there's no after-surgery stress or issues with it), and... I dunno. She lost all recall she used to have. She is still sweet and kind, but... I dunno. I feel as though I messed up with her. And now that I have her back with me... I'm going to be gone for another 4 weeks... and who knows what could happen during that time?

*sigh*

Overprotective mother here I guess... I dunno. Everything is going to be fine... I know deep down that this is true... it's just... I dunno. The worries are still there.

I do have a small victory. I weighed after my run (and this is a couple hours after dinner and after a cup full of diet dr.pepper): 209.4... so... I've gotten past my little gain from camp. Which is good.

so yeah.

Looks like you're doing awesome Diana! Keep it up. I always am amazed at how... well... well done all of your stuff is.

SweetCaroline
... you can do it! I guess with the mayo... I get grossed out by it. Think of it as pure fat. It's practically lard itself. I dunno... just something to help you back away from it. Good luck!! I don't understand how people like that stuff... but if they do... they do...
Closed Thread