Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 06:36 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Thursday's thread

hi girls,
just getting the thread started. i'm feeling proud of myself cos i went swimming this morning. it was the first time i've done lengths in about 15 years (i'm not a keen swimmer). i am very slow, don't breathe properly and hate water going up my nose but i'm determined to get better. i think i might get lessons to improve my technique. i think i deserve a gold star! the pool is nearer my flat than my gym so i figure the extra time in bed will come in handy on cold, dark winter mornings! it was nice cos BF went as well and we stopped to chat every so often (he was in the medium lane, i stuck to the slow one!).
so, last day before my sis and i take my mum to venice for the weekend. and then i'm off to scotland all next week (it's my niece's first birthday!). will be back to post properly to you all later, great to read all the posts yesterday. hope everyone is ok and getting motivated. just think - a new you for new year!
kirsty
Old 10-03-2002, 06:47 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Kirsty, morning. I was so excited to think that I wasn't the only one up at 5:30 a.m., then I remembered the whole time-zone thing. Oh well, you're still up with me. Great job with the swimming. Isn't it nice to do something with the significant other? It's quite the bonding experience. I know I will spell it wrong if I try to type her name, but wish little niecey a happy birthday from us all. First birthdays are so special ( now I'm getting teary eyed...it's too dang early, that's what it is!).

So my hair is a brilliant color of fuschia today (read my last journal entry for further explanation). I am up early to see what I can do about fixing it with the products I have ( I still keep a few around from my hairdresser days) but if that doesn't work, I have to teach six classes with brilliantly pinkish-purple highlights today. Bleck. Not feeling great about that. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Well, I better get to work. I'm making crock pot chicken fajitas while my hair processes (or while my hair falls out...eeeek, hope not!) from our amazing recipe thread. We gotta keep that bad boy going, it's really a good one. I'll check in on you all later this afternoon. Have a great one-day-till-the-weekend Thursday!!!

-The Easter Egg, a.k.a Jayne and her fuschia hair
Old 10-03-2002, 08:07 AM   #3  

Jayne-
I am up at 5:30 every weekday morning, so you are not alone! I usually get to work by 6:30 or 7:00. I like to get out early so I can have my afternoons off!

Kirsty-
Congrats on the laps at the pool! Keep it up!

I went to see venue #2 for the wedding/reception yesterday. It became the second one scratched off the list. 2 down and a million to go! Matt and I are going to try and pick two or three weekends that we would prefer this weekend. It will make finding the place a little easier.

Have a great day all! I need to get to work.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:54 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Oh, Lisa, I almost forgot. Drew is from New Orleans. Is your family going inland for the hurricanes? My in-laws are in Jackson in a hotel waiting it out...
Old 10-03-2002, 09:06 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning!

Oh my goodness, I am SO glad that it's almost Friday. WI is tonight, hopefully it goes well. I've been OP for almost two weeks (with only one day of going slightly off) so hopefully I'll have a good WI.

Goodness, I don't really have much to say about me, so I'll respond to those who have posted already this morning...

Kirsty--I think that's absolutely wonderful that you went swimming this morning, especially if you don't really like to swim. That's a great accomplishment, and your resolve to get there more often during the winter is a good one! It sounds like you have an awesome weekend planned--a trip to Venice or Scotland would be the experience of a lifetime and it's just a weekend trip for you. You must have the most wonderful life! I'm jealous because mine is so boring.

Jayne--Wow, fuschia hair... I'm sorry, I don't even know what to say in response! You're right, this too shall pass and it is only hair, but still it's upsetting. Hopefully you worked some magic on it and all will be better. If not, it's an experience to tell Aaron about someday.

Marcie--I know I want to get married someday, but the more I think about it, the longer I want to put it off! Hopefully narrowing down the weekends that you could have your wedding will help. Good luck and keep us posted!

Well, ladies, that's about all for now. I'll stop back in later and post some more replies. Have a spectacular, OP day, everyone!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:38 AM   #6  

Hi girls! I am here...went home early from work yesterday due to some nausea(no, I am not pregnant!!) Feeling better today. Got an e-mail about another job that is available..I'll be calling the guy at lunchtime.
WI tonight-I don't have great hopes because it is the week before TOM and I couldn't even get my engagement ring on this AM! I weighed the same on the home scale so hopefully that will mean a loss next week-it's amazing how you can gain 3 pounds or so at TOM...I always gain mine the week before...

Have to pack tonight for our trip to Philly. the wedding should be nice. I also have to take my dress for my best friend;s wedding to be hemmed-I only have three weeks left!

Jayne-i looked back and couldn't find the post you were referring to about your hair. but good luck!

Lisa-Do you have family that is moved b/c of the storm? let us know how they are!
more later-Lori
Old 10-03-2002, 10:00 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default Howdy!!

How are you all? Kirsty, good on you for swimming! I am slow too, although I almost have my lifeguard certificate (2 courses away I quit). I can't dive worth a darn so I gave up!

Jayne - maybe pink is your colour? After all there is that singer Pink, its might be a very cool thing good luck with dying it back, I am sure you still look gorgeous....!

Marcie - hang in there, its not an easy task to find thevenue. My sisters both went through **** finding one...I don't fancy the idea!

Jess - good luck at WI - I am sure it will go great, esp since you've been OP!!

Lori - OH NO maybe you caught my disease!! My nausea is finally passing. Id rather have a cold than the stomach/nausea thing. But oh well, this is life!! I hope you feel much better!

Well, b/f is still sick and told me he wanted more babying since I am sick more often and he babies me so I will baby him tonight, I'll bring him home a little get well gift (and medicine) and I'll run him a tub, etc.....make him tea. Poor thing, its true, I was so tired and grumpy that I didn't really baby him much, I just cuddled a bit.

I went to the gym at lunch - did the class and today I am sore! I like that feeling...I was also OP yesterday, at 26points (2 higher than I would have liked, but oh well). Yay! I earned 5 activity points with the gym and walking to/from work!!

Well, must run and get some work done - its going to be one of those days....

BBL
Belle
Old 10-03-2002, 10:40 AM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

hi girls!

Jayne - I'm sure fusia is your color Kidding. Actually my family is staying put... they are on the coast (Long Beach, Gulfport, Biloxi) about an hour from NO.... New Orleans doens't need anymore rain.. good thing your in-laws moved inland.

Kirsty - great about swimming... I do it too - it's so nice... the pool definately wakes you up.

HI LORI!!! How are you??? Wasn't yesterday beautiful here? I hope you're feeling better soon.

Marcie - good luck finding a place... maybe it's like your gown, you'll know it's the one when you see it.

Jess - OP for two weeks? You are a WW Goddess! My heroine! Let us know how it goes... although I'm sure great!!

Belle - congrats on the earned points... plus, I hope your BF feels better!

I was OP yesterday..... my goal is to journal the entire month of Oct.

Lisa
Old 10-03-2002, 12:20 PM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

me again,
only another 30 mins to go and i'm outta here!
jayne - i'm having chicken fajitas tonight as well! will post my special recipe when i get back (it's actually BF's but it's pretty low fat and v healthy and yummy). hope you managed to de-pink your hair!!
i'll wish Eilidh (took me years to get the hang of spelling names like that!) a happy first birthday from you all. i'll see if i can get a cute pic of her. i'm afraid i didn't spot any cute italian men when i was in sicily, but i'll keep my eyes peeled in venice!!
marcie - i could not get up at 5.30am! wow. i have enough trouble getting to work for 10am on non-gym days! hope you find a good venue soon.
jess - you're such a sweetie! fingers crossed for your WI tonight!
lori - i hope WI is good for you too. and have a fab time at the wedding. same goes to anyone else off to a do this weekend (jayne - is it you that has a wedding too?).
belle - sounds like you're a pretty good swimmer, bet you're faster than me!! glad to hear you're feeling better.
lisa - good goal. i think i'll start journalling when i get back from my travels. ok, as of the 14 oct, i will journal for at least a month. i might try and journal all the way to the start of the xmas parties so i have a bit of a buffer zone prepared!!
hello to the rest of you, come and post!! hope you all have a fantastic week and a bit and i'll see you a week on monday.
kirsty
ps there was a big sale on at hmv (music shop) today. for a laugh i picked up the new kids on the block CD for about $3. hee hee! can't wait to hear it. i think i'll give it to a school friend as a joke xmas pressie (she used to love them!). also got some kylie, some madonna and the moulin rouge soundtrack. hmm, if i was a bloke i would prob be gay going by my music taste!
Old 10-03-2002, 12:40 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Hello Ladies!!

It's convocation at our little university today - so cute to see all the graduands running about in their cap and gowns. We have a very small space for the graduation so we do 2 or 3 different ceremonies a day for 2 days. The coolest part is that the grads walk in over the hill and down the stairs let by a piper (we are named after Simon Fraser the explorer and it's al about the scottish thing) I just like to hear the pipes. OK - I'm horribly off-plan lately, I'm going to have to kick myself in the butt to get going. I'm hoping it will all be easier once I get into my own place and feel comfortable and have all my own stuff around me. I'm packing up all my stuff at the exBF's this weekend with lots of help so hopefully it won't take too long. The landlord is being strange, I told him I wanted my name off the rental agreement and he said he'd have to do a credit check on the ex before allowing him to keep it alone. Stupid because he's the one who's been paying the bills for the past 6 months. I really hope he doesn't get kicked out, although, once I take my stuff, that place will be empty. Not my problem. I have to stop trying to fix his life - AAARGH! OK on to you guys.
Kirsty - you are such a traveller! I used to be a lifeguard and water safety instructor but mostly I taught infants and toddlers (and their parents). Swimming is a great workout!
Jayne - you could always tell people you were trying out your halloween costume a bit early - you could be a punk or as you say, an easter egg!
Marcie - You guys will know the right place when you find it. You shouldn't have to settle for something you don't love, it is a very important day after all.
jess - way to stay OP! You can be my inspitation.
Lori - did I miss something? Did you lose you job or are you just shopping for a new one?
belle - I hope that evil parasite doesn't hang around you guys too much longer - way to earn those points.
Lisa - keep it up with those journals!

Hi to everyone else especially anyone who posted while I was distracted by students. Have a great day.
KT
Old 10-03-2002, 01:16 PM   #11  

Lisa-It was beautiful-the trees are already atrting in northern mass...so pretty...

KT I haven't lost my job, I am just shopping around to see what is out there..

I like the journal for one month challenge! i am in! i will even journal this Saturday-although open bar and all you can eat may make it tough!
Old 10-03-2002, 03:54 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

My head aches. Still have the head cold which may be a mixture of horrid allergies and a cold. Don't know, but my ears are stuffed and my nose and I have a headache too. Ughhh. I am not going swimming with Emma tonight, Daddy is, but I will watch and hopefully get some pics of her that I can share.

I came in late today waiting for the washing machine repair guy. He was late and then crabby and now I checked our home machine and the part is back ordered. So it is frustrating. I am making hubby check around and see what he can do about it. I need a washing machine pretty darn soon!

I forgot what everyone else said and with being sick and can't remember much (oh and PG ruins the memory too)... so I am off to pretending to work!
Closed Thread