Chicks up for a Challenge - July Weight Loss Challenge

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : July Weight Loss Challenge

Lewisempire
06-28-2010, 10:39 PM
It' summertime, everyone!

It's grilling and party season...YUM! So, let's make some healthy changes and choices together! All are welcome!

Here's how it works: Just state your weight-related or health goal, whether it be a loss in pounds, inches, size, or even an intangible feeling! You need not state your weight if you feel uncomfortable. Though the thread is titled "weight loss" please bear in mind that the overall goal is toward a healthier us and so your goal may not revolve around weight loss, it may be maintenance, eating healthier, and/or kicking a soda habit...whatever the case may be. Fitness and Exercise goals can be listed in our sister thread: June Exercise Challenge.

Note: We try to keep a members list with our goals and when goals are met, we highlight it in bold, red print! We love to celebrate with you! However, please don't feel bad if/when you may not reach a specific number, goal, etc. Always remember that making positive changes along the way (the journey) are wonderful accomplishments in and of themselves.

Monthly weight loss challenge FAQ's:

Do we weigh-in on a certain day and how frequently?
No, we don't have a specific WI day. When and how often we weigh-in is a personal matter and specific to each of our own indivual needs.

Do we need to post personals?
Absolutely not. Some do and some don't . If you don't have time for personals it's okay.....please post anyway.

Is everyone on a specific plan?
We are all on various plans. Some do WW, South Beach, our own plans, etc., though we do believe in and follow the guideline of not going below 1,200 cals a day.

What day do we count our loss, the last day of the month or the first of the following month?
Either way.

I hope to see people returning from earlier monthly Weight Loss Challenges and any newcomers. You can join at any point in the month, so let the challenge begin!

Delphi
06-28-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm definitely in LE. Sign me up for 10 pounds and to start counting calories again.

starchild
06-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi, please count me in.

My July weightloss goals:

1) Drink only water, tea, fruit juice/water mix.
2) 1400-1600 calories daily.
3) Go from size 18 to 16 pants.
4) No potato chips of ANY kind (my "cheat" food).

susiemartin
06-29-2010, 06:03 AM
I'm in :cool:

LE please put me down for 8 lbs & to Check In Daily. The daily check in is just about the only thing that keeps me focused & OP :D

I'll post my weight on July 1.

Thanks!

Delphi
06-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Hey its great to see another Nashvillian in here. :carrot:

Well Susie just hit one of my biggest points as well. Add to check in daily for me as well LE. The accountability of this thread will speak volumes for me.

So heres to a POP month. Lets rock the cashbah ladies!

ap90
06-29-2010, 10:28 AM
My goal once again is to lose 8 lbs. Also, I want to fit into the size 11 jeans I bought that currently I can only sport with a muffin top. I will post my starting weight on July 1st.

bama girl
06-29-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm in! I'm going to go for a somewhat lofty goal for July... I'd like to reach 125 pounds, and if I complete that, my goal weight of 120 pounds! I know that's 10 pounds in a month, but my loss seems to be speeding up, and I'm upping my exercise. :)

sarcruze
06-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Ok! I'm in too. I need a challenge to get me out of this rut I'm in. I want to lose 15lbs. That will bring my weight down to 217.
I'm gonna start exercising at a higher intensity and more resistance. I will also incorporate more weights into my gym time. I also want to get back into the habit of drinking 100oz of water a day.

starchild
06-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi Delphi, yes, Nashville's in the house!

Looking forward to this challenge. Let's all "rock" it!

Lewisempire
06-29-2010, 11:44 AM
July weight loss goal list
Delphi--Lose 10 pounds, start counting calories again, check in daily
Starchild-- Drink only water, tea, fruit juice/water mix;1400-1600 calories daily;Go from size 18 to 16 pants;No potato chips of ANY kind (my "cheat" food).
SusieMartin-- lose 8 lbs & to Check In Daily
Ap90-lose 8 lbs. Also; fit into the size 11 jeans
Bamagirl-I'd like to reach 125 pounds, and if I complete that, my goal weight of 120 pounds
Sarcruze-I want to lose 15lbs;exercise at a higher intensity & more resistance; incorporate more weights into my gym time;get back into the habit of drinking 100oz of water a day.
TheBunneh- Lose 5 pounds; stick to 1600cals a day or less; Noskipping workouts(5-6days a week), rest days do something active walk/yoga, No obsessing over the scale, or getting upset over daily fluctuations
Lewisempire-Drink 100 oz water/tea day, log in daily,lose 10 pounds.
vladadog- Reach 220 pounds
eryns- lose 10 pounds and hopefully fit back into my favourite jeans.
girlieyorkie-lose 5 pounds

TheBunneh
06-29-2010, 11:45 AM
I would like to join in. =)

My goals:
Lose 5 pounds.
Stick to 1,600 cals a day or less
No skipping workouts (5 to six days a week) and on my rest day/s I must do something active, like a walk or yoga.
NO OBSESSING over the scale. I'm going to continue daily weighing (which I've never done before) but I will not let the fluctuations up be an excuse to get upset with myself.

Lewisempire
06-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Ok girls! I have your list started! We got some Butt-busting to do this next month! If i missed, or messed up your goal, please let me know...I will fix it.

Ok I need to add mine in the mix. Drink 100 oz water/tea day, log in daily,lose 10 pounds.

Vladadog
06-29-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm in again for July! I'm aiming for 220 this time 'round.

eryn s
06-29-2010, 07:26 PM
After quite a pathetic weight loss in June I'm looking forward to wiping the slate clean and hopefully having a more successful July! My goal is to lose 10 pounds and hopefully fit back into my favourite jeans.

girlieyorkie
06-29-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm in.
My goal is to lose 5 pounds. It will be tough because I'm leaving for a short vacation tomorrow, so I hope that this challenge will keep me in line.

Lewisempire
06-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Starchild-- Drink only water, tea, fruit juice/water mix;1400-1600 calories daily;Go from size 18 to 16 pants;No potato chips of ANY kind (my "cheat" food).
Bamagirl-I'd like to reach 125 pounds, and if I complete that, my goal weight of 120 pounds
Sarcruze-I want to lose 15lbs;exercise at a higher intensity & more resistance; incorporate more weights into my gym time;get back into the habit of drinking 100oz of water a day.
TheBunneh- Lose 5 pounds; stick to 1600cals a day or less; Noskipping workouts(5-6days a week), rest days do something active walk/yoga, No obsessing over the scale, or getting upset over daily fluctuations
mommy in Motion-Lose 10 pounds;Workout on vacation;Fit comfortably in my summer clothes
dcapuletcomplete 30 day shred (started yesterday);Fit comfortably (or loosely) into size 18 pants
fivestoneExercise 6 days a week;Weigh 168 or less by the end of July

Mommy in Motion
06-29-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm new, but I would love to jump in! My July goals are:

Lose 10 pounds
Workout on vacation
Fit comfortably in my summer clothes

dcapulet
06-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Hi :wave:

I would like to join!

For July- complete 30 day shred (started yesterday)
Fit comfortably (or loosely) into size 18 pants

fivestone
06-30-2010, 07:07 AM
I'd like to join, too. My goals are:

-Exercise 6 days a week
-Weigh 158 or less by the end of July

Lewisempire
06-30-2010, 11:24 AM
mommy in Motion-Lose 10 pounds;Workout on vacation;Fit comfortably in my summer clothes
dcapuletcomplete 30 day shred (started yesterday);Fit comfortably (or loosely) into size 18 pants
Hopeful8 lose 10 pounds
pinkprincessGW 264;Drink at least 24 oz of water every single day. (I will gradually increase it.);Food Journal every single day.
TexscrapperDrink 100 oz water/day;Lose 12 pounds,and achieve my first mini-goal;Exercise 5 days a week
lanabubbybe 230 pounds or less
KimL1214Lose 10 pounds
peaches5577-Drink 120 oz of water/daily;Lose 10 lbs; July goal weight: 173;Exercise: cardio 30 minutes 4x a week;weights 4x a week.
annieb GW - 180
SarahD140My goal is to stay on, keep going, and since the pounds are flying off this time, second goal is to reach 250 in the month of July.
Caela1. Onderland then 195 lbs. then 190 lbs.; Maintain my food and exercise journals;Fit into next size down jeans (size=12);Don't give up/self-sabotage if/when scale doesn't comply.
akacutieLose7 lbs; Exercising 5 days per week at least 30 minutes;Journaling EVERY SINGLE day;Staying within my points allowance-(I am following WW method)

Hopeful8
06-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Count me in. I got off track this month because of a lot of traveling and I didn't meet my 10lb goal. Hopefully July will be different. Put me down to lose 10lbs. I'll post my starting numbers tomorrow morning.

pinkprincess
06-30-2010, 12:21 PM
My July Weight Loss Goal

SW 274.2
GW 264

Drink at least 24 oz of water every single day. (I will gradually increase it.)
Food Journal every single day.

texscrapper
06-30-2010, 12:32 PM
I want to play!

My July goals:
Drink 100 oz water/day
Lose 12 pounds and achieve my first mini goal!
Exercise 5 days a week

lanabubby
06-30-2010, 12:58 PM
I'd like to join in please. My goal for July is to be 230 or under.

KimL1214
06-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Only lost 3 out of my 10 in June, ugh! Aiming for 10 again this month!!! WILL get there this month!

Peaches5577
06-30-2010, 01:37 PM
I am in!
My goals are:
Drink 120 oz of water/daily
Lose 10 lbs.
Current weight: 183
July goal weight: 173
Exercise: cardio 30 minutes 4x a week and weights 4x a week.

annieb
06-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm in my july goal:

SW - 193
GW - 180

SarahD140
06-30-2010, 02:48 PM
My journey just started, and this is about the time I usually quit. My goal is to stay on, keep going, and since the pounds are flying off this time, second goal is to reach 250 in the month of July.

Caela
06-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks Lewisempire! Overall, I want to stay focused on getting fitter & healthier not just the scale...

My specific July goals are:

1. Onderland then 195 lbs. then 190 lbs.; <---greedy:lol3:
2. Maintain my food and exercise journals;
3. Fit into next size down jeans (size=12); and
4. Don't give up/self-sabotage if/when scale doesn't comply.

akacutie
06-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey all.... :)

I have not done a monthly challenge yet, but I would to give it a shot! :)

My weight loss goal for the month is 7 lbs!
I plan to do this by :
Exercising 5 days per week at least 30 minutes
Journaling EVERY SINGLE day. :)
Staying within my points allowance-(I am following WW method)

I will be hitting my 2nd anniversary for weight loss this coming August and I would like to drop what I can before then. :)

I look forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Oh, My weigh in is 178.6-

calisa86
06-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm in!

Goals:
1.) 1 Month without sugar... dear Lord...
2.) Lose 10 pounds
3.) Gym 5 days a week (mornings!)
4.) Swim Saturday mornings

ange82much
06-30-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm going to get to 122 this month. I've been sat on 123 for over 2 months now so time to get stuck into it.

candy love
06-30-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm in!!! :D
I want out of the 200's all together by August 1st it's a bit of a stretch I know but I really think if I put my mind to it I can really do it.
Anyway last Friday (26th June) I was 241lbs, I won't be able to weigh myself again till tomorrow till I get a new scale, the scale at the gym said I was 224lbs, but I think that is near impossible so I'm going to check when I buy my own scale tomorrow :)

My personal rules are:
No eating before 7am and after 7pm
Drinking water, coffee and fruit juice only
1,200 - 1,500cals per day
exercise at least three times a week

Good luck everyone sorry about the hefty long post, it won't happen again, I've just gone a little typing happy here lol :)

candy love
06-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh... sorry... and I'll be weighing every thursday :)

jessicado22
06-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Alright, I'm back after taking a REALLY long vacation when I fell from the wagon. Got on the scale the other day and wow...has damage been done! My counter says 202 pounds (which what I weighed when I apparently decided to forgo diet/exercise in Feb) and in the past 4 months the scale has crept up to 230!!! It is that time of the month though, so I am guessing the damage is actually closer to 225. At any rate, I am so depressed with myself I can't bear to change my ticker, so my goal is to get back to my ticker weight. I know that is alot, but I think it is feasible since I tend to lose more when I first start working out/dieting.

I would also like to be down to a size 14 and fit into my goal pants. I am at a 16 now....

I am hoping to be able to post here every few days or so with my schedule and run at least 4 times a week.

Nice to be back chicas and good luck to everyone in reaching their goals!

gatorgirl6
06-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Im in. I don't know if any of you will remember me, but I have been here and in these monthly challenges on again off again. Id like to just make that on again and put a piece of tape over the switch so I know not to turn it off. lol. As for goals, Id like to lose about 10 lbs. I will probably switch up my plan so see what works. Right now I am trying the extreme fat smash, but not following it to a 'T'. I am altering it slightly to fit with my life, but keeping the main components of it. I probably won't do this the whole month, but thats where Im at now. I would like to also make a goal of posting here everyday. Sometimes it may come very late at night and be short, but I need the accountability. I must make a habit and lifestyle of losing weight and being conscious of my decisions. This has been a long journey for me. A very rocky road that seems to have many distractions. I want this to be the last time I do this. No alternative. Everything else in my life, I make a point of doing it right the first time and to the best of my abilities. This should be no different. ok... stepping down from the soap box. I know I can do this, and do it well, but sometimes I need someone to tell me that I am better and can do better and to stop letting myself make excuses. On to the goals!

Goals: - Lose 10 lbs
-Post everyday

ecru
06-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this, actually posting something, not trying to lose weight. I would love to join in.

I will drink two litres of water a day.
I will walk 5 days a week
I will run a 5k in July (non-stop)
I will weigh 189 on August 1st
I will eat no StarBurst and no Jujubes for the month of July
I will say something positive about myself everyday of July

Thanks guys, I'm really excited and will post my weigh on August 1st.

:)

Delphi
06-30-2010, 11:52 PM
I remember you gatorgirl. :wave: I too and returning again. Its great to see familiar faces.

Lewisempire
07-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Hopeful8 lose 10 pounds
pinkprincessGW 264;Drink at least 24 oz of water every single day. (I will gradually increase it.);Food Journal every single day.
TexscrapperDrink 100 oz water/day;Lose 12 pounds,and achieve my first mini-goal;Exercise 5 days a week
KimL1214Lose 10 pounds
peaches5577-Drink 120 oz of water/daily;Lose 10 lbs; July goal weight: 173;Exercise: cardio 30 minutes 4x a week;weights 4x a week.
annieb GW - 180
SarahD140My goal is to stay on, keep going, and since the pounds are flying off this time, second goal is to reach 250 in the month of July.
Caela1. Onderland then 195 lbs. then 190 lbs.; Maintain my food and exercise journals;Fit into next size down jeans (size=12);Don't give up/self-sabotage if/when scale doesn't comply.
akacutieLose7 lbs; Exercising 5 days per week at least 30 minutes;Journaling EVERY SINGLE day;Staying within my points allowance-(I am following WW method)
Calisa86 1 Month without sugar;Lose 10 pounds;Gym 5 days a week;swim Saturday mornings
ange82muchweigh 122 pounds
Candy loveWeigh less than 200 pounds;No eating before 7am and after 7pm;Drinking water, coffee and fruit juice only;1,200 - 1,500cals per day;exercise at least 3x week; weigh on Thursdays
Jessicado202- Weigh 202 or les;fit size 14 jeans; post every few days as schedule allows; run at least 4x week
gatorgirl6Lose 10 lbs;Post everyday
ecruI will drink two litres of water a day;walk 5 days a week;run a 5k in July (non-stop);weigh 189 on August 1st;eat no StarBurst nor Jujubes for the month of July;say something positive about myself everyday of July
MsPerceptionGet back down under 135; Track food
audrina-lose ten pounds and to be a clothes size smaller
LouisaH lose 10pounds

Lewisempire
07-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Ok girls, If everyone could please check the list, and their goals, and make sure they are correct. Just let me know if I need to change/add anything. Thanks everyone, tomorrow is the big day! Let's Rock July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ange82much
07-01-2010, 12:27 AM
hey, i'm in Australia, july has already been happening for 14.5hrs over here!!

Ms Perception
07-01-2010, 12:43 AM
LE-You're a fantastic list manager! :D So, my goals:
1. Get back down under 135
2. Track food

I'm ready for a bright shiny new month. I feel like a beached whale with this crazy post-vaca bloat!!!!

audrina
07-01-2010, 12:56 AM
My goal is to lose ten pounds and to be a clothes size smaller.

Forgot that maybe I should post my starting weight and clothes size, lol.

I'm at 206.5lbs and wearing a size 16. :D

LouisaH
07-01-2010, 01:10 AM
LE: Thanks for taking over posting duty for MsP.
MsP: how was vacation? Welcome back!

I'm sticking with my usual goal of losing 10 pounds. When I look back over the past 6 months, and see how few times I actually achieved that goal (maybe three times), I wonder why I keep making it. But it's a goal to strive for, to make me push myself harder, and I'm not married to the results so that it doesn't bum me out (that bad) not to reach it. My weight went up another half pound again today (grrr), so I'll see what tomorrow morning says, and use that as my end/start date.

Good luck everyone!

susiemartin
07-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Check In Time :)

Morning Ladies - Happy July!

Yesterday was OP for me. Planning for another OP day today. My weight is up 1lb. from my last weigh in - probably from lunch meat :devil: & bread.
My weight this morning is 248.4.
My July goal is 240.4 with a daily check in.

Hope everyone has a wonderful month and achieves their goals :carrot:

fivestone
07-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Hi all :wave: I wanted to check in, too. Somehow I typed my goal wrong on the initial post -- I meant I wanted to be 150 by the end of July, not 168 -- I'm already under that! Silly me.

So far so good on the working out front. I think I will take Sunday as my rest day (though I still may go for a leisurely stroll).

So far today:

- abdominal crunches
- Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii

I still want to at least go for a walk, if not walk/run later on this evening. To the extent that I can workout twice a day, I will!

In a few minutes I'm going to grill some fish and possibly have some veggies along with it.

texscrapper
07-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Hello chickies!

I am headed out of town for the weekend, but determined to stick with my challenges! The water will be the hardest today since we have a 4 hour drive - I don't want to stop at the restroom every hour :D

SW: 293
GW: 281

gottahlose
07-01-2010, 08:36 AM
:wave: again,

My goals this month are:

1: Drop 5 pounds
2: Vitamin everyday
3: 1200 mins of exercise

(gonna go reset my ticker now)

Lewisempire
07-01-2010, 09:26 AM
fivestoneExercise 6 days a week;Weigh 150 or less by the end of July
Hopeful8 lose 10 pounds
KimL1214Lose 10 pounds
annieb GW - 180
Calisa86 1 Month without sugar;Lose 10 pounds;Gym 5 days a week;swim Saturday mornings
Candy loveWeigh less than 200 pounds;No eating before 7am and after 7pm;Drinking water, coffee and fruit juice only;1,200 - 1,500cals per day;exercise at least 3x week; weigh on Thursdays
Jessicado202- Weigh 202 or les;fit size 14 jeans; post every few days as schedule allows; run at least 4x week
ecruI will drink two litres of water a day;walk 5 days a week;run a 5k in July (non-stop);weigh 189 on August 1st;eat no StarBurst nor Jujubes for the month of July;say something positive about myself everyday of July
LouisaH lose 10pounds
gottahloseDrop 5 pounds; Vitamin everyday;1200 mins of exercise
Hlthgrl at or below 190;count calories ; upping the exercise!
Vickilou-get back into the 230's.

Lewisempire
07-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Happy July Ladies,
MsP welcome back, I have a whole new appreciation for you! Thanks for all you do for us monthly You are officially Da Bomb! How was your trip? Any pics? We have some of our group from last year re-joining us, and I am very excited for July.

Fivestone, Your goal is fixed! Good luck!

Girls, I gotta run, I overslept my alarm today, and I gotta build some fence before it gets too hot! Hope you all have a great day!

ap90
07-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Checking in with starting weight!

SW: 182.6
GW: 174.6

Hlthgrl
07-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Can I join in? I'd like to be at or below 190 by the end of July by continuing to count calories and upping the exercise!

gatorgirl6
07-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Morning girls!

SW- 188.4
GW-178.4

ecru
07-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks Lewisempire! This is really helpful!

Mommy in Motion
07-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Good morning! I just thought I would check in real quick. My "normal" weigh-in days are Fridays, so I am not sure if I should count my SW as 145 (Tuesday's weight) or go by whatever the scale says tomorrow am!

I do have a question for anybody (everybody): What are your favorite resistance band workout moves? I will be traveling for 2 weeks this month, so I am looking to put together a new routine that uses body weight and bands. I'm just trying tog et some fresh ideas because I am bored with my standbys!

~Dagny

VickieLou
07-01-2010, 10:51 AM
My Goal for July weight loss challenge is to get back into the 230's. I weigh 244.4 today.

TheBunneh
07-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I can't believe it's July already!! Boy, this year is just flying past me...

I was 182.4 on the scale this morning, but I'm pretty sure I'm retaining water. Or I may just be deluding myself. Nevertheless I'm going to wait until Sunday's weigh-in to subtract the 5 pounds and figure out where my end of July goal will be.

I'm soooo sore from working out Tuesday and Wednesday I may take a rest day today. Or I may just try to do something not very intense. I'm going to see how I feel this afternoon though.

I do have a question for anybody (everybody): What are your favorite resistance band workout moves? I will be traveling for 2 weeks this month, so I am looking to put together a new routine that uses body weight and bands. I'm just trying tog et some fresh ideas because I am bored with my standbys!
This is from the Turbo Jam lower body video, but I really like the move they have where you tie a not in the resistance band and loop it around your legs - then do side steps and side leg lifts! Those really burn my thighs. (This is if I'm correct in thinking you mean the thin rubber bands, and not the rubber tubing with handles. If so just ignore me. :spin:)

audrina
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Good morning! I just thought I would check in real quick. My "normal" weigh-in days are Fridays, so I am not sure if I should count my SW as 145 (Tuesday's weight) or go by whatever the scale says tomorrow am!

~Dagny

I love resistance bands. I don't know if you are talking about the kind that are similar to jump ropes, or the type that you put around your ankles or arms [the former I despise lol]

I love to use the resistance band though, I like to do squats while standing on the band, I pull the band up to wrap around the back of my arms so my hands are on top of my shoulders and then do squats. I also do a lot of resistance work wrapping the band around something and working out my arms too.

fivestone
07-01-2010, 01:25 PM
How about I typed in my end-of-July goal weight incorrectly AGAIN! Well, this time, I'm going to let it stay. 150 is pretty ambitious for the end of July, but I'll let it be my goal anyway. It'll be interesting to see how close I come.

Mommy in Motion
07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks Olivia and Audrina!

I actually have both types of bands, (with and without the handles) I've never done Turbo Jam before- but I'll try that leg move. It's one I did in Boot Camp last summer, I almost forgot about it!

I'll have to remember that I can wrap the band around something! I get so bored standing with one foot on the band doing bicep curls, or lying down and doing chest press, etc... Gotta remember to use all of my surroundings!

~Dagny

audrina
07-01-2010, 02:59 PM
I really like wrapping the band around things because then I can increase or decrease the resistance by moving closer or further away.

roxie girl
07-01-2010, 07:09 PM
well this looks like a good place to start off.
goal: 7 pounds
if anyone has any advice for a rookie i'm all ears

akacutie
07-01-2010, 08:23 PM
So how did everyone's 1st day of this new challenge go? I hope your having an awesome day everyone!

I had a test today for school which I did well on so I was pleased with that.... I am also making mushroom and spinach enchiladas for dinner tonight (oh, topped with tomatilla salsa) which are super low in points for an enormous amount of food! I am cooking as I type. :p

Well, I look forward to getting to know everyone as I am a newbie to this particular challenge, not the forum though. We are old friends!:D

Have a great rest of the day!

audrina
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
My first day went well, got out of bed and straight to boot camp! I haven't been home again other than once, but that one time I did take the stairs so so far I'm right on track. :)

I'm planning on adding my extra exercise on to the weekends by hiking or the likes.

I'm glad you did well on the test aka, and dinner sounds awesome! Tonight for dinner it's leftovers! I tried to have some left over chicken from dinner last night on my salad for lunch but for whatever reason it made me throw up. I have no idea what this issue is about, lol, it was DELICIOUS last night, and then cold ... nope does not agree. Bummer though, I was counting on having the last of that chicken for dinner tonight.

I hope everyone here is doing great on day one! :D

akacutie
07-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey Audrina- :)

I am glad to hear from you! I am glad your first is going well.... except for your lunch! I wonder what was wrong with the chicken! Hmmmmmm.... Did you refrigerate right away after you cooked it? Maybe your tummy did not want cold chicken! :P

My husband never eats leftovers so I usually eat leftovers for lunch for a day or two depends on when I get sick of it.... LOL The good thing is I always have something yummy for dinner.

What is your boot camp like? Is it a group like at the gym? Something your doing at home? I am curious!

audrina
07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I think that my stomach just didn't agree with the cold chicken. I did refrigerate right after I cooked it, well I let it sit for 10 minutes and then cut it up and tossed what I wasn't going to eat in the fridge. It may have also been because of the medication that I'm on - sometimes it makes me really sick when I try to eat certain foods because it really suppresses my appetite. The odd thing about that is when it happens normally I can't eat or drink ANYTHING without throwing up, including water, and after I was done getting sick with the chicken I went straight to chowing down on some veggies. Oh well, what are you really going to do, right?

I usually eat leftovers for a day or two as well, I cook at night and then make a leftover salad for the next day's lunch, something for dinner and usually I have enough left for the third day as well. It's a great way for me to help control my portions and to monitor my calories as it takes less of the guessing out.

The boot camp that I do is outside in a local park for an hour. We do resistance training, some work with hand weights and a TON of cardio. There are varying levels of fitness in the boot camp, from marathon runners to people like me who are way out of shape and trying to lose weight. What I like the most about it is that every day [and I've been doing it for 3 months now] is completely different, so it's hard to dread anything or predict what's coming next -- which for me makes it easier to work out. I honestly never thought I would love exercising so much but I usually go to bed looking forward to getting up at 5:30am to go in the morning.

gatorgirl6
07-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Audrina- Im sorry about the chicken, but glad that the rest of your day went well.

aka- that dinner sound great!

Today was alright for me. I didn't feel very well, so I skipped the gym, but made sure that I kept on the right track for food. I hope everyone else did well today.

TheBunneh
07-01-2010, 09:15 PM
akacutie - Yay for doing well on the test! Your dinner sounds sooo yummy. I made turkey burgers and baked potatoes.

audrina - Sorry the chicken didn't agree with you. =( The boot camp sounds hardcore though, good for you!

gatorgirl6 - Hope you feel better tomorrow!

I did pretty good today. I ended up having a really good workout even though I was so tired and sore this morning. And I have several hundred calories left after dinner, so I can have a little desert. =D

I hope everyone has a great night!

Delphi
07-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Welcome back MsP...good to see you back as well. Its been awhile. :)

Well I'm checking in...today has gone well and POP thus far. I accepted a job, so I should be finalizing all that jazz next week and I think that will help tremendously with my eating as well.

Start weight for the challenge: 191.0. Lets rock the cashbah ladies! :carrot:

dcapulet
07-01-2010, 09:26 PM
my day 1 is not over yet - i still need to exercise tonight. I have a great eating day, and dinner was my once weekly cheat meal. Cheat days don't work for me, so I have one cheat meal a week.

Looks like everyone is doing well - awesome! hopefully we can carry it over through the big holiday weekend :)

Hlthgrl
07-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I did a workout today. I have been doing my elliptical machine but haven't been consistant with it. I decided after reading the forums here to give Jillian's 30 Day Shred a try. I worked up quite a sweat. I'm not sure about the format if I am supposed to do it for 30 days straight or incorporate rest days. I guess we'll see how I am doing tomorrow. If I'm too sore to do another shred workout I'll get back ont he elliptical machine. Either way for today, it's done :)

LouisaH
07-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Alrighty Chicklets, looks like we've got some good motivation for a successful July! I'm starting this challenge at 165.2, which means I was 2.8 pounds short of my 10 pound goal for June, but I'm going to try for 10 again, and hope to see 155.2 by the end of July. I'd hoped to reach my goal of 145 by my anniversary on the 24th, but it's not going to happen. I'm already smaller than DH has ever seen me, so it's okay though! I have to remember it's not a race...

eclipse
07-01-2010, 11:43 PM
I almost forgot to add myself to this thread! I'm aiming for 208 this month.

ange82much
07-02-2010, 12:00 AM
wow it's busy round here!
I'm feeling a bit overawed to mingle so i think i'll just stand over here by the bar for a bit first..................

Ms Perception
07-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Well, embarassing as it is....I finally weighed myself since being back from my trip and it looks like I managed to gain about 10 pounds during vacation. Nice, huh? Please don't bother with the "it's just water weight" comments. I know I ate the calories. I deserve the gain and I will re-lose those pounds, whatever it takes.
I ate poorly part of today too. I started out well, then just decided I could ease back into my healthy habits....uh, yeah...that's not gonna work. Back to reality and an end to my stupidity. I know many of you know exactly what I'm talking about and I'm thankful I can come on here and be honest without getting a bunch of patronizing remarks from ignorant people who don't get it.
Now, on to happier remarks! The trip was beautiful and we really enjoyed it, but honestly, it was hard on us and the kids being apart for so long. I don't think we'll do that again, or at least not for that long. We saw amazing scenery and did all kinds of fun stuff. I went zip-lining and kayaking for the first time and loved them both!! We also went canoeing then hiking in a lovely temperate rainforest. We really stayed pretty active and I reached a new distance running. I kept my normal running schedule, which I was pleased with. I actually ran 9 miles straight on the ship (laps around one of the decks) on my long run day. That beats my previous long run by 2 miles!!! My complete and utter failure was the food and I still can't believe how badly I ate. There are some things I'm still working out obviously. Here's to a healthier July! I turn 34 this month. I want to be able to celebrate my maintenance, so I better get back to my maintenance weight before then!!!! ;)

susiemartin
07-02-2010, 06:28 AM

Yesterday was pretty much OP except I had a taste test of some
bread pudding :devil: because I changed the recipe & needed to check it.

Looking forward to an OP day. Plan to be outdoors :sunny: again today - painting the chicken houses.

Hope your day is a good one!

eryn s
07-02-2010, 06:41 AM
I'm so annoyed at myself- I got on the scales this morning and my weight had gone up a bit and whilst I wasn't perfect yesterday I was still quite suprised, then I shoved the scales back in their corner but 5 seconds later I jumped back on to double check and suddenly lost 3 lbs; I've just realised, for the past couple of days I've not been moving them away from the wall and the way they're wedged into the corner means that the wall's been taking some of my weight. So the weight I thought I'd lost I haven't. But I'm still going to aim to lose 10 lbs from the weight I measured myself at on the 1st but as I'm actually a little higher than that I'm going to have to really work hard this month!

Ergh! Sorry for the rant, just needed to complain a bit!

fivestone
07-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Gained .4 of a pound of water weight. I think I'll keep drinking plenty of water and do DDR on the Wii in a few minutes!

TheBunneh
07-02-2010, 11:12 AM
So I'm really not feeling well today. Not sure why. I'm just....bleh. But I felt a lot better in the afternoon yesterday, so maybe the same thing will happen today.

I'm probably going to have to make myself go back to only once a week weighing. I keep telling myself not to care too much about day to day weight, but I'm not sure it's really working.

ap90
07-02-2010, 11:42 AM
181.0! Down 1.6 lbs from yesterday but TOM is coming so this is probably temporary.

gatorgirl6
07-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Im down .8 from yesterday. Today is going to be a good day.

Lewisempire
07-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Hopeful8 lose 10 pounds
KimL1214Lose 10 pounds
annieb GW - 180
LouisaH lose 10pounds
Vickielou-get back into the 230's.
roxie girl- lose 7 pounds
eclipse weigh 208 pounds
tabathana1200-1400 daily cals;Lose 10 pounds;No SODA;work up to burning 1000 cals a day
Noelle85be out of 230's and into the 210s! do some form of exercise everyday (even weekends =P)
Shasha12 Lose 8 pounds
goodnuff1)Check in here daily;Track all food;Lose 5.7 pounds

audrina
07-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm not weighing myself until next week's weigh in for the BL challenge but I have to say it's really hard not to get on the scale. With the holiday coming up I don't want to get all excited that I've lost some more weight only to see that I possibly gained a pound from drinking beer. lol

So next week I'll get on the scale I can't wait to see the results! [hopefully there will be some to see]

tabathana
07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Count me in!

Goals:
1200-1400 daily cals
Lose 10 pounds
No SODA! (my 'cheat food' >.<)
work up to burning 1000 cals a day

that about covers it.

Noelle85
07-02-2010, 01:38 PM
My goal is to be out of the 230's and into the 210s! Oh and to do some form of exercise everyday (even weekends =P)

shasha12
07-02-2010, 01:50 PM
hiiiii ALL :) just saw this thread... weight loss challenge for July?! Heck ya! My goal is 8lbs. That's 2 lbs a week, should be tough, but If i can get down to 145 by the end of July I'll be thrilled!

Mommy in Motion
07-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Just checking in! It looks like a lot of people got off to a great start yesterday. Me...not so much! Alex asked me to pick up Sonic for lunch- and that killed me! If it's just me I do ok- but as soon as someone else suggests something all my willpower goes flying out the door. I did manage to keep within my calorie range (barely) but did not exercise at all.

Day two is going better though! I had to go in to work, so I decided to stay and get a workout in while I was there. 75 minutes total, cardio and weights, so I am feeling pretty good right now. Just working out a food plan for the rest of the day.

Oh- and down 2.4 lbs from last Friday (what I was counting as my starting weight for July) so that at least is a plus!

~Dagny

goodnuff
07-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Ugh! I gained 1.6 lbs last week, but I am happy to say I still met my June weight loss goal so count me in for July!
1)Check in here daily
2)Track all food
3)Lose 5.7 pounds ;-)
My starting weight is 305.6.

Hlthgrl
07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
I got my daily workout in. I was reeling a bit from yesterday's workout but got through it and actually feel better for it.

audrina
07-02-2010, 02:55 PM
I got my daily workout in. I was reeling a bit from yesterday's workout but got through it and actually feel better for it.

I've found for me that when I have a hard workout the day before and am dreading doing it again, and I end up not doing it, I always feel horrible about it.

But even when I'm worse for wear and I go and work out anyway, even though I am hating it when I'm doing it, I always feel amazing for having done it anyway.

I've tried to start thinking of working out as not even being an option. Just like I have to go to work every day if I want to be able to pay my rent, I HAVE to work out or I won't see the results I want.

LouisaH
07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
MsP: 10 pounds! Really? You must've REALLY enjoyed the food, lol! Hope you're little fantasy eating spree was fun 'cause it's time to come back to reality! I'm very impressed that you kept your running up and even made a new record for yourself--imagine what kind of damage you could've done if your exercise had slacked off. I'm sure it's nice to be back with the kids and back in control. It totally sucks that putting weight on is still so easy, no matter how much you learn about yourself. I'll cross my fingers that those pounds come off as quickly as they went on, and that you reach your maintenance weight before your b-day.

eryn s: that is a big bummer that the wall was tricking you into a false sense of accomplishment!

TheBunneh: hope you feel better. Whatever you do, don't let the scales get you down--especially not enough to feel defeated and give up! Daily fluctuations are normal, and you are looking for the downward trend, because you can't expect it to be less everyday, as much as you want it to be (that was a note to myself as much as to you. lol).

Welcome to all the newbies on this thread--it's a great support group, although personals may prove to be difficult with this many people, eh?

I was down to 164.6 this morning, so things are heading in the right direction (I'm only 2.2 pounds from reaching my June goal.;)) Happy Friday everyone!

Hlthgrl
07-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I've found for me that when I have a hard workout the day before and am dreading doing it again, and I end up not doing it, I always feel horrible about it.

But even when I'm worse for wear and I go and work out anyway, even though I am hating it when I'm doing it, I always feel amazing for having done it anyway.

I've tried to start thinking of working out as not even being an option. Just like I have to go to work every day if I want to be able to pay my rent, I HAVE to work out or I won't see the results I want.

That's a good way of looking at exercise. Something else you have to do not something you try to fit in. I can honestly say I have never felt worse after finishing a workout. I've felt sweaty and exhausted but anytime I do a workout I always feel great that I did it...and even better about it after a shower :)

audrina
07-02-2010, 04:13 PM
That's a good way of looking at exercise. Something else you have to do not something you try to fit in. I can honestly say I have never felt worse after finishing a workout. I've felt sweaty and exhausted but anytime I do a workout I always feel great that I did it...and even better about it after a shower :)

Meeeee too. I swear that post workout shower is the best thing that ever happened. lol

When I was thinking about exercise as another thing to do, instead of a necessity, I was more prone to taking significant amounts of time off, not sticking to my plans and in general it was just harder to stay motivated.

It is also much harder for me to stick to my exercise routine if I put it off until the afternoon. Sometimes my mornings just wipe me out and I'll be exhausted by the time the afternoon comes and even the thought of exercising seems impossible.

So now, I literally go to sleep in my workout pants, roll out of bed when my alarm goes off, go and go and brush my teeth ... when I'm standing there thinking about how much I don't want to workout and how I just want to get back in bed instead it's even harder, because well, I'm halfway dressed! :p Plus, as I said, it has really stopped being an option to me, but just another part of my day like eating breakfast, taking a shower or going to work.

TheBunneh
07-02-2010, 05:44 PM
I feel so terrible today. I just don't get it. I hoped things would get better this afternoon but I'm just feeling worse.

I tried working out. And I did - sorta. But my energy isn't there. I tried Turbo Jam cardio party 2 and I pushed through 30 minutes of it before turning it off. (So only 10 minutes early, but still...) Then I did 15 minutes of strength training, which surprisingly was easier because I could push through the burn a lot better then I could make myself jump around and do kicks. But I quit that earlier then I would have too cause my muscles just gave out. Because I felt bad for quitting both early I tried to do some step aerobics but simply had no energy at all. And then I felt like crying. =(

I don't know why I feel so sad about it, since I'm still fine on calories, and I had good workouts all week. But I feel awful. I suppose my body just needed a rest day but I can't get past the "fail" feeling. I guess I'm just being silly...

LouisaH - Thank you. I know logically day to day weight doesn't mean anything, but the little negative voice in my head wants to use it as proof that I can't do it. I know it's silly! If I don't get better at shutting that voice up I'm going to hide the scale in a cabinet and only bring it out once a week.

Delphi
07-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Quick drive by post for me, but definitely have to keep myself accountable. The day was good for the most part and I did get about 45 minutes of walking in...so all around a good day. You ladies enjoy your 4th of July weekend and stay safe.

gatorgirl6
07-02-2010, 07:17 PM
So today has gone great. I had planned to do 30 min on the stair climber, but once I got off and stretched, I got back on and did 5 more! Then I moved on to the bike. I had only planned on 10 min of short sprints, but added an extra 5 to that too. I konw that those are both small victories, but they made me feel better the rest of the day and I stayed very well on track. Its not technically exercise, but I bleached the kitchen today and washed the floors. To give you an idea of how it was before I started, I live with a 25 yr old guy. lol. Im just glad we don't share a bathroom. I also picked up the livingroom and my bedroom. Tomorrow I am going to put the finnishing touches on my bedroom and clean my bathroom. Yay for a productive day. :)

sarcruze
07-02-2010, 08:03 PM
So far today has been a WONDERFUL day. I woke up and weighed myself. I lost 3lbs:D:D:D:D:D:D
I think my goal was to lose 15 by August 1st. 12lbs to go. That doesn't seem hard at all and I'm even more pumped now.

I hope all u ladies out there are off to a good start and keep it up!!!!:)

Ms Perception
07-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Today has surely been a more successful day for me! I ate OP, ran and worked for almost 5 hours with my mom on her gardens to make them ready for a garden tour next week. I should see some progress back toward the 130's on the scale tomorrow. I debated not weighing for a while but decided I need to monitor progress. So, yep back to reality and it's not so bad! :D

LouisaH-Yeah, can ya believe it? There were days when I wasn't too bad and other days when I just kept eating. Like I said, I was fairly aware of what I was doing and would temporarily eat better, then fall back into the overeating the next meal. CRAZY! Ah well, onward and downward!

Delphi-Glad to see ya checking in. How are things?

Lewisempire
07-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Just checking in today, On plan, but struggling. Thank goodness it is almost bed time. Hope everyone else is doing well.

dcapulet
07-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Checking in - hope everyone's doing well! My pants are a little looser, so that's nice. I don't have a scale, although i may buy one next week. I'm on plan and working to slide into those size 18's nicely. :)

akacutie
07-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Hey all.... :)

Busy, Busy Thread! Awesome!! :D

It looks some of your are rockin' it right now.... so WAY TO GO! For those of you who are struggling.... YOU CAN DO IT! :carrot::carrot: he he he

So true! I loved the way you wrote this..... It's a great way to think about exercise. Some days it's a real struggle to get to the gym, but I just say go.... if it is really so terrible once there then leave after 30 minutes.... most of the time I do 60 minutes once I am there-

I weigh in a little bit later today for WW.... I am hoping for a loss because last week I had a gain!! I'll check in with everyone later.

:dizzy:

susiemartin
07-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Check In Time
Yesterday was OP. Planning for another OP day today.

Hope your day is a good one :carrot:

Delphi
07-03-2010, 09:17 AM
MsP ~ Its been a rough 5 months but we have managed to finally see the light of day again. Went to school, graduated with honors, got a job, and the kids are happy. So out of tragedy...we rise. Just haven't paid much attention to what I've been eating and completely omitted exercise. But I'm going to change that.

Congrats on the big drop to. Its exciting to see so many of our core group at or nearing their goals. But a comfort knowing that I wont have to do this again all by myself either. :)

At any rate, I was just checking in this morning. I'll be working 3rd shift soon, so I don't know if I'll be checking in here after my shift or before, but I will. Alright, I gotta get out of here. You ladies have a fantastic day and stay safe out there.

Lewisempire
07-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Good morning,
I am checking in, and avoiding my date with the Nordic track this am.:s:
I managed to get to bed last night before any damage was done, and according to my scale, it was the right thing to do! I love that thing when it is reading in my favor!

Delphi- You will have to keep us posted on how you like 3rd shift. I have worked a lot of them in my day. And we can kick a$$ together again. Although, I remember you kicked a lot more a$$ than me last time. But now I am ready to keep up with the Jedi master! ;) (I think)

Susiemartin-Hope you have a great day On-plan!

akacutie- Good luck at WW!

dcapulet- I love when things start getting loose

sarahcruze- YIPPPEEE! Congrats!

MsP-Glad to see you jumping right back in. That cruise weight will come right back off, if you keep this up. I think it is awesome you kept up your running. It is not an easy thing to do on vacation. Have a great day.

Ok girls, I can't put it off any longer, I have to get on my magic machine before I get called out to work today. I need to log some minutes for JULY! I hope you all have a plan for today and stick to it!!!!!

gatorgirl6
07-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Great morning so far! I woke up and weighed... down 1lb from yesterday! woo hoo! I guess all that work paid off. *just keep swimming, just keep swimming...*

ap90
07-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Weighed in 0.6 lbs less than yesterday. 180.4, so close to the 170s.

akacutie
07-03-2010, 11:58 AM
I am back! :) The weigh in went great! I am down 2.6 lbs from last week! :carrot::carrot: It is great because I lost all of the gain and a little bit more. :) I am close to my b-day goal. I just need to lose 2.4 more lbs by 7/15 to meet that goal I set. I just need to stay on track and I can do it!

We have an open house today... we are eating before we go because I am afraid they wont have any vegetarian options! If they have a veggie tray that will be a bonus- so I can snack once we are there.... :dizzy:

I hope everyone has a great day!

goodnuff
07-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Daily check in! :D
Tracked all my food! :D
I have thoroughly dipped into my weekly WW points though, which I have to be ok with but am not. I did not budget correctly for this pay-period so I was unable to get the groceries I normally would have and not having money for food tends to freak me out and make me overeat. It's a weird reaction I know but I am very aware of it and that is one step ahead of where I have ever been before. 6 days till payday. I have plenty of healthy food to get me through, I just need to take a deep breath and stop freaking out.

Hlthgrl
07-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Did my daily workout.

TheBunneh
07-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I am exhausted. I went for a three and a half hour hike this morning with my husband. It was really fun, but difficult. Worth it though. We're going to a 4th celebration in the park tonight and I'm going to let myself get one treat, but only if I can fit into my calories.

eclipse
07-03-2010, 06:10 PM
My kisd got me Wii Active More Workouts for my birthday,and it kicked my butt today - 100 minutes, 771 calories!

gatorgirl6
07-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Today has been ok. I got up early and continued on my full apartment clean. This place is looking nice. I skipped the gym today, but have done fine on food. I will do a tough workout tomorrow. :)

dcapulet
07-03-2010, 09:21 PM
because of being in Vegas tomorrow, i can't do my long bike ride. So i did a shorter one today (35 min) and will do 30DS later. So, a pretty good day.

Ms Perception
07-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Hey all! I was pretty much OP today. The real accomplishment was doing a 10 mile run this morning. It was a killer. Seriously, I was convinced about halfway through that I could not do it. I was thirsty, hot and tired. I however did manage to make it. I had 2 brief "aid station" pit stops for water along the way, but ran straight through other than that.
I was down a couple pounds today, so that's encouraging. I ate a fair amount today, but it was necessary to refuel from the run, so it was as planned. I'm still sore in my feet and legs, but thankfully I have a couple rest days to recover before my next run. This one nearly did me in!

susiemartin
07-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Check In Time:)

Happy 4th of July!
I'm down another pound - 246.0 so that's a good weigh in :carrot:

Here's looking forward to an OP holiday. I'm off to the local flea market to try & give away some kittens and sell a load of stuff that came out of the basement.

Have a great 4th :carrot:

texscrapper
07-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Just checking in! I have been out of town the last few days, but actually did ok in my food choices! when I weighed this morning, I was down .8 lbs, so I am :carrot:! Better than being up!

TheBunneh
07-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Yesterday was good. The fireworks were awesome, and I shared some ice cream with my husband but still came in under my calories. I did get sunburned during the hike though. =(

We're going to see another fireworks display tonight, and going to go out for dinner. I'm going to try to pick the most on plan choice though.

Oh, and I weighed in at 181.6 today, so I guess I'm making my 5lb goal 177 by the end of July.

gatorgirl6
07-04-2010, 11:24 AM
I wasn't sure that I could actually be down 1lb in a day yesterday, but when I weighed this morning, I am down another .4lbs. I know that its all mostly water weight since I just started seriously losing again, but it still makes me pretty excited. Ive lost 2.2lbs since the 1st of the month. And that makes for a happy 4th. :)

Goals for today: Somehow, among all of the festivities, eat well and get in a great workout.

goodnuff
07-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Daily check in! Glad to see so many others that check in daily.
Tracked all of my food yesterday, overate again last night. :( I only have 6 weekly points and 6 activity points to use for the rest of the week. Today is the 4th and I have no plans so I think it's best that I just stay home so that I don't overeat. I have a supper date and movie with a friend tomorrow and a lunch date with friends on Tuesday. Wish me self-control!
Happy Independence Day!

shasha12
07-04-2010, 02:10 PM
hey all! glad to see so many of us are staying accountable and checking in!!

i recommitted 2 days ago, which i'm really excited about. I lost 23lbs in 5 months, going very slowly and allowing for cheats almost daily. But for the past month or 2 I've gotten pretty off track, just mindlessly maintaining my 150lbs. I went up to 153 this past week, which is not ok with me. sooo, i'm back! i've been super OP the past 2 days, and the scale was down today! i'm excited to get this party jump started again :)

hope everyone has a great 4th!

eclipse
07-04-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm trying to decide if I should have a burger when my husband grills later, or just have a Lean Cuisine. I think we have turkey burgers in the freezer - maybe I'll just have him throw one of those on for me. I'm going to grill some beets for DD - she lurves beets. I have never tasted a beet I liked, but I've also never grilled them with balsalmic vinegar like I'm going to do for her, so I'm going to see how that goes. I think we're throwing potatoes on the grill, too, so I'm going to have a small one and skip the chips.

The 4th of July has never been a big holiday for me, but now that I'm living in a foreign country, I feel the need to celebrate. I'm close enough to the states that we might actually see fireworks from here :lol:.

gatorgirl6
07-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Well, today has been just lovely. After getting home from the gym (a hard 60 min of intense cardio... oh stairmaster I hate/love you so!) I got home and after my shower decided to let my hair down and dry naturally. I haven't done it in ages. I will normally either blow dry it curly, straighten it, or put it up in some fashion to dry (I favor the french braid). I am oh so pleasently surprised. It curls quite nicely on its own. I may have to repeat this. :) Then I did a bit of light shopping. I bought a lounge chair to sun some. I have never been into it, but a short trip to the beach changed my mind. I look nice with a little color (Im normally just about ghost white). I am going to try to sun a little each week. Im not aiming to get skin cancer, and I don't have a ton of free time, so it will just be a little. Its a rainy 4th here, so I have decided to curl up to a nice afternoon movie and a bowl of fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. It is just delightful. I will go see fireworks tonight as long as the weather allows.

I hope everyone else has as nice a day. Happy 4th!

TheBunneh
07-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Looks like everyone is having a nice 4th! :)

I've decided I don't feel up to going out tonight. A big part is probably because of the sunburn, but I also just feel really worn-out and don't want to go through the hassle. So since we saw a great fireworks display yesterday we're going to skip the show tonight and get Panda Express take out. The dinner I'm ordering is 990 calories (:eek:) but I only plan on eating about half of it and saving the rest for lunch tomorrow, so I'll still be within my calories.

I thought about working out but all I feel like doing is lounging around and maybe watching a movie or reading. Plus I'm a little scared the sweat will make my sunburn hurt more, and I'm due a rest day anyway. I'll do some yoga tonight so I'll still be on my goal of doing something active on rest days, or I may pop in a Walk away the pounds dvd and just do it really low intensity.

Lewisempire
07-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Happy 4Th everyone! God Bless our great country, and protect those serving in our armed forces!

I am on call all weekend, so it has been tough to plan and take everything i might need to eat, but I have done it. Tonight we are doing cajun shrimp on the BBQ mmmmm-mmmmmm good! I am turning over a new leaf, and starting to find sea food that I like. I have never been in to fish, but I am learning..... We may or may not go see the fireworks show, depends on weither I get a call. I am in charge of the barn duties again this weekend while my friends are out of town, so that may be my only workout today, because I am so dang sore from yesterdays strength training. Tomorrow is weigh-in, and I am praying for some good #'s especially after last weeks -0.2 baloney! oh well, blah blah blah, I just wanted to check in with everyone.

eclipse, I would go for the turkey burger, my friend's family is doing burgers, and she bought herself a portabella mushroom, and grills that as her burger. I will have to say, it is pretty scrumptious. Good luck with your meal tonight, stay strong against those dang chips, they are sneaky, and deadly for me!

Hlthgrl
07-04-2010, 06:08 PM
I was going to workout today but since I am very sore (especially my back) I have decided to take a rest day. I think I need to revamp my workout plan a bit. Either way I'm back in the saddle tomorrow. My calories are good though so I am pleased with that.

dcapulet
07-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Happy 4th everyone!

I made it to Vegas, here for the first time, and the heat is such a shock! It hasn't been above 80 in southern LA yet, so 103 here is intense! I spent the time between when I got here and hotel check in walking the indoor mall - I'd say I got about 2 miles in. I'm going swimming in a few, and then I brought Jillian and 30DS with me! As long as I eat a good dinner, I will be fine :)

SarahD140
07-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Just checking in. Well, I did have a few days there not sticking to plan. I did not go wild, but I slipped. I'm back on track, and holding myself accountable. 250 here I come!!

loveit
07-04-2010, 07:03 PM
im in goal 10 lbs by end of august my plan running n no sugar soda ALOT MORE FRUITS

Lewisempire
07-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Hopeful8 lose 10 pounds
KimL1214Lose 10 pounds
annieb GW - 180
LouisaH lose 10pounds
eclipse weigh 208 pounds
tabathana1200-1400 daily cals;Lose 10 pounds;No SODA;work up to burning 1000 cals a day
Noelle85be out of 230's and into the 210s! do some form of exercise everyday (even weekends =P)
Shasha12 Lose 8 pounds
loveit- lose 10pounds

eclipse
07-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Well, my 4th of July dinner ended up being around 700 calories, which is about double my normal dinner - but I had the calories to spare, AND I had relatively healthy food - turkey burger with a 100 calorie bun and a ton of low cal veggies, a lettuce/tomato/balsamic salad, half an ear of corn with no butter, about 2/3 of a potato with a little butter and sour cream (but it was olive oil coated on the outside - I had to guestimate the olive oil). The kids and hubs had s'mores, but I skipped it. I have some skinny cow ice cream I'll have for desert later if I'm hungry. The whole day so far came in at 1442 calories, and I aim to keep uner 1600 (plus I had an hour long work out, so even if I ended up a little bit over, I'd still be fine for the day).

Delphi
07-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Well I made it back home just in time to get my daily check in...in. What a great day and a great calorie burning day at that. Hope you ladies are having a great 4th of July.

susiemartin
07-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Check In Time

Well, yesterday was not an OP day. I had some mini bingeing :( and didn't I pay for it at 3:00 am this morning with heartburn and insomnia.

No matter, that's all behind me. Today is going to be a 100% OP day. I'm still working outdoors but will have to moderate because of the heat.

Hope everyone has a great day!

NightAngel26
07-05-2010, 09:02 AM
argh! Forget not losing, let's talk about gaining!!! 7 lbs in a little over a week. I'm sure good at that. Who ever said it took a long time to gain?!? :devil:

Ok, so...I'm here and I'm going to sweat my butt off to get back where I came from when I wasn't constantly falling off...I tell you the road burn is killing me! So, I'm strapped in and ready to roll again..... :dizzy:

Hello ladies, hope your July is fun and fit!

My goal for the month of July is losing 15lbs= 220lbs

Lewisempire
07-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Hopeful8 lose 10 pounds
KimL1214Lose 10 pounds
annieb GW - 180
LouisaH lose 10pounds
eclipse weigh 208 pounds
Shasha12 Lose 8 pounds
loveit lose 10 pounds
NightAngel26 lose 15 pounds

Lewisempire
07-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Good morning girls,
Whew, I am glad the weekend is over! I am off to weigh and play at the lake. Wish me luck!

pinkprincess
07-05-2010, 09:37 AM
My July Weight Loss Goal

SW 274.2
CW 274
GW 264

Got a little off track, but I still have time to do good!

TheBunneh
07-05-2010, 10:51 AM
I weighed 180.8 this morning, but I don't trust it, probably just a fluke.

I had my leftover Chinese dinner for breakfast, which was more calories than I'm used to for this meal but I'll just have a lighter lunch to compensate. My husband has today off from work since the 4th was a Sunday, and we're going couch shopping! It will be so nice not to have to sit on the floor in the living room anymore.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a workout since my sunburn still really hurts. I might take my rest day early this week. But I hate to do that in case I need it later in the week. Hmmmm...

gatorgirl6
07-05-2010, 11:37 AM
ugh. Well, yesterday went great until after I posted. For some reason I thought I should go buy chetos and a chicken finger sub for dinner and didnt drink all my water for the day. I ate half the bag of chetos... ugh, I am throwing the rest of the bag away! Well, my weigh in this morning went up a ton. I think its because of the salt, but I went up 1.8. Man, that stinks!

I am going to be Perfectly OP today. Those 1.8 plus some are going DOWN! ahahah. :) Here's to a great week!

TheBunneh
07-05-2010, 11:42 AM
gatorgirl6 - It's just water! I'm sure the sodium in the sub and cheetos was through the roof. Good for you for throwing the rest of the bag out, I'm usually not strong enough to do that!

eclipse
07-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm up a bit today, too, despite being OP yesterday - but I didn't drink all my water and my evening food had more sodium than normal. Fingers crossed to be back down tomorrow.

Delphi
07-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Well I weighed in this morning and I'm down 4 pounds. So I think with my starting weigh in including some water weight. Either way, its great to see the numbers declining again. Yippee! YOu ladies keep up the great work.

audrina
07-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Good job!! :)

tamaraj
07-05-2010, 03:16 PM
My July goal is:

- Weigh less than my husband (he ranges from about 173 - 176).
- Get ready for boot camp starting July 26 by extending exercise time and intensity gradually for the next 3 weeks
- Quit smoking (again...) on July 19

My starting weight as of July 5 at HM was 182.0lbs.

Good luck everyone!
Tamara

Lewisempire
07-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Hopeful8 lose 10 pounds
KimL1214Lose 10 pounds
annieb GW - 180
LouisaH lose 10pounds
eclipse weigh 208 pounds
Shasha12 Lose 8 pounds
loveit lose 10 pounds
tamaraj- Weigh less than my husband (he ranges from about 173 - 176); Get ready for boot camp starting July 26 by extending exercise time and intensity gradually for the next 3 weeks;Quit smoking (again...) on July 19

akacutie
07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Hey ladies! :)

Just Checking in....

How is everyone doing today? What are you rocking? What are you struggling with?

I ate out with two girlfriends today.... I was worried, but planned ahead using their website and decided how many points I was okay with. I felt very in control! :carrot:

I was struggling with a sweet tooth today..... I have been wanting chocolate or something sweet... I have been snacking on some healthy things to try is get it to go away but not happening yet- I may have to plan some candy into tomorrow's day!

I hope you all having a great week so far!

TheBunneh
07-05-2010, 07:47 PM
We have a couch now! Luckily a maintenance guy was cutting the grass near our apartment and saw me struggling to help my husband carry it up the stairs and took over for me. I don't know how we would have gotten it in otherwise.

I was a bad girl and put a frozen pizza in the oven for lunch, but I haven't eaten much else today because we've been so busy, and I'm going to have a big salad for dinner so I'm still good on calories. Then I'll have to catch up on all the housework I've neglected this weekend.

I didn't workout both because it's been a hectic day and also because my sunburn has really been bothering me. So I'll count today as a rest day. I'll do some yoga tonight, and maybe some pilates if my energy isn't completely gone.

Hope everyone else has a great evening!

goodnuff
07-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Checkin' in!
Went to the movies with my friend and two of her daughters, Eclipse of course. Today was the first time I have ever not had popcorn and candy at a movie. I should have a small budget all of the time :)
Tracked all of my food everyday so far, 5for5! Overate every day so far too. This ends right now!

dcapulet
07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
did 30DS today, and 7 days later, i still hate jumping jacks. I am glad that I can do more of them now. And I don't feel like i'm going to die after a workout, so i guess that's progress. :)

Lewisempire
07-05-2010, 11:11 PM
I lost 2.6 pounds this week, so I am thrilled. Swam my bootie off at lake! Will check in tomorrow! good night!

gatorgirl6
07-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Epic fail today... instead of throwing out the rest of the bag I ate the rest. So terrible. I almost bought a frozen pizza for dinner tonight, but decided that killing my diet once is the max for the day. I did do 80 min of cardio today. I guess it was a sort of repentance. lol. Ok. So I am actually going to do well tomorrow. One day at a time. MUST FIX THIS!

bigmomma
07-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Just joining in, better late than never :D
goal for July........lose 7lbs.

SW 242
GW 235
WL for this challenge

July 12
July 19
July 26
July 31

susiemartin
07-06-2010, 05:48 AM

Yesterday was OP - planning for another OP day today.

Lewisempire
07-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Hopeful8 lose 10 pounds
KimL1214Lose 10 pounds
annieb GW - 180
LouisaH lose 10pounds
eclipse weigh 208 pounds
Shasha12 Lose 8 pounds
loveit lose 10 pounds
tamaraj- Weigh less than my husband (he ranges from about 173 - 176); Get ready for boot camp starting July 26 by extending exercise time and intensity gradually for the next 3 weeks;Quit smoking (again...) on July 19
Bigmommalose 7 pounds
PopcornGal lose 9 pounds

Hlthgrl
07-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Back pain was really bad yesterday so although I didn't get to exercise I ate within my cals. Today is iffy for exercise but I'm hopeful for tomorrow. Have any of you had injuries and how did or do you deal with them? It's frustrating to get forced off track. My motivation is there but physically I have to be realistic and rest when needed I guess.

PopcornGal
07-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Can I join this group still? I need a mini goal and an incentive.

My goal for this month is 9 lbs.

Would love to get under 160 this month.

I usually weigh in on Saturdays.

Lewisempire
07-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Welcome bigmama, PopcornGal! I have added you to "the list"!
Good luck on your endeavors this month, and keep us posted!

TheBunneh
07-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I had a bad night last night. I would have been fine if I could have just stopped eating after dinner, then I had that destructive "one time doesn't matter, start over again tomorrow" thought process. I wrestled with it a while and then ended up giving in. I didn't go crazy, but I know I was over my calories. The hardest obstacle now though is not letting myself give up completely.

I do this too myself all the time. I have a slip up and then use it as an excuse to beat myself up until I admit defeat. It's like "great, you've blown it, you'll never make five pounds now. But you wouldn't have made it anyway..." and so on and so forth. But I'm NOT going to give up. If I don't lose five pounds I'm at least going to get as close as I can.

LouisaH
07-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey all, I've been avoiding checking in because we had a big weekend and I way over did it. It was a Bagna Cauda Dance Party. At least we added the dance party bit, which helped us keep from way overeathing and drinking. I burned lots of calories, but apparently not enough. I'm still up a little from Saturday's weight. I don't know why I do this to myself. Oh, yeah, now I remember, I'm living my life. Okay, it's alright. I've been doing well ever since and I hope to just eat a salad at dinner out with out-of-town visitors. My neck/shoulder kept me from doing more than a short workout, but I made it the 30 Day Dread, Level 2 to make it count.

I'm at 165.2 again today, hoping to get out of these 160s reasonably quickly.

TheBunneh: CUT IT OUT! You are not doing this to yourself--you've lost nearly 50 pounds, so you know you can do it. You are letting yourself slip, and maybe you need to tell yourself you can't do that again until you've lost five pounds. Then when you've lost that five pounds you can re-evaluate. Or perhaps you need to let yourself do it, but put a limit of one serving (per the package--we all know those are smaller than what anyone would normally eat!). Tell yourself that you are allowed to do it so that you don't have to tell yourself you are a failure. That attitude must go away, especially since your track record proves that it's a load o' crapola!

LE: you're doing a great job of keeping up with the list. I'm sure MsP is appreciating you too! Hope everyone stays on plan and keeps losing!

TheBunneh
07-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Thank you so much, LouisaH. I needed to hear that. I have this huge part of me that feels like only perfection is acceptable. Which is just silly! I don't have such an unreasonable standard for anyone else, so why should I with myself? And I wasn't even really that bad yesterday. I might not have even been above maintenance calories. I have lost almost 50 pounds, and I will lose 30 more. It doesn't matter when I get there, just that I keep trying.

Now I will hold onto this new positive attitude and see if I can use it to help me believe I can get the apartment clean. :D

bama girl
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I had a rough weekend and am up to 133. Time to get back on it...

Peaches5577
07-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Sorrygirls this is a book, just had to get it out.

Being that nothing that I was previously doing was working, I changed my focus the end of last week. I have come to the conclusion that there is no magic cure, no magic diet, nothing better than good old nutrition and exercise. I went back to my roots. What did I do when I felt and looked my best? I lifted weights, kept myself moving, took vitamins and supplements and fed my body healthy foods, but only when it needed them.

So far, it’s working. What’s better, is I have a ton more energy and FEEL better.

I am not tracking everything that I eat, I am only eating when my body actually NEEDS fuel. That is what food is, isn’t it? Fuel. Nothing more. I had been put into the rut that food was where I got my enjoyment, comfort, and a fix for boredom. Though I still think you should enjoy your food, I realize how much LESS of it I actually need. I believe the main problem with a typical diet these days is portion control, or simply the fact that there is no control of our portions. At least I didn’t have any control. I had also fallen in to the belief that if its noon, I need to eat lunch. When I get home from work, I need to eat dinner. And I am talking FULL lunches and dinners. Along with snacks at work. Why? Mostly out of boredom, not because my body was actually telling me that it needed them.
I still believe in fueling my body. But giving it what it needs and stuffing it to the brim are two different things. The other thing that I have changed is the amount of exercise that I am doing. Thinking back to when I was the happiest with my own self, it was when I could feel and see my muscles. Well the only way that is going to happen is if I move, lift, and push myself. The saddest part is that I have let myself get so out of shape that I cannot do most of the things I used to………yet.

The good part is that I am finally serious about being healthy and fit. It’s not an idea or a goal for me anymore, it’s a lifestyle.
And the cool part, since I changed this up last week I have dropped 6 lbs. Would be happy as a clam if it continued but I know that no one is that lucky. A lot of hard work is in my future, but I am more motivated than ever now!

Ms Perception
07-06-2010, 02:26 PM
This month hasn't been pretty so far. Every day has given some "excuse" to eat badly. I've had a couple good OP days, but mostly every day has been partly off plan. Sounds like I'm not the only one struggling either. I'm sorry to hear it. I know how much it stinks to feel like you can't get it together and DO the stuff you know you should or NOT do the stuff you know you shouldn't. Ah well, 'tis the life of a recovering food addict.
Today is OP and I am intend to keep it that way. Exercise has been OP so far this month, though the temps are making it pretty stinkin' uncomfortable for running. I'm gonna have to get up earlier to run in a little bit cooler temps. The humidity is a killer too! I've been helping my mom in her garden again and it takes only about 5-10 minutes before I'm dripping with sweat and feel worn out. That doesn't work too well since I've been putting in about 4-5 hours at a time there. If any of you garden, you know how much work it is to weed for about 4 straight hours. I should be burning some major calories, now if I'd stop overeating, I'd be in good shape!
Time to fold some laundry and be productive with my time here at home....

gatorgirl6
07-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Quick check in post. Im in an hour break between 5 hours of class and 6 hours of work. I still have to make a snack to take with me to work, eat dinner, and try to start my homework. AH. Anywho, Im staying on plan today, but there's just not going to be time to hit the gym.

goodnuff
07-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Funny how I read how other people are "falling off the wagon" and I just want to scream "GET BACK ON! NOW! NO EXCUSES!!!" Whether you've lost 5 pounds or 65 pounds, you did it, you were heading in the right direction. Don't give up, we all know what happens when you give up. You gain back what you lost "and then some". I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did of giving up when I got to a plateau, then having dozens of false starts that ended after a day or two when I "messed up", to having gained 66 pounds (the 35 I had lost and then some). Inreality I need to be yelling this at myself.
So now that I checked in and I have tracked what I ate so far today I'm going to go work on getting back on!

Delphi
07-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Well I got the job and in the stage of finalizing all the paperwork. Definitely excited and surprisingly POP. I hope you ladies are all doing well.

starchild
07-06-2010, 07:03 PM
CHECKING IN:

Started off fantastic!!! But now, I'm on a trip to London and really unable to gauge any progress. I do admit that I have not totally stuck to plan, BUT I'm walking everyday, much more than I am used to. We've got to be doing anywhere from 2-5 miles daily!!! And I have to travel four flights of stairs at least 2-4 times a day. I'm hoping that all of this activity counters any overage in calories. Hoping.

Nothing really to report, just wanted to keep myself in the loop!

jessicado22
07-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Holy crud....I was gone for a few days and we are already on page 12!!! Needless to say I don't think I'll be catching up on personals, haha!
Well, I get to jump in the "I fell off the wagon" pile. The 2nd was my bfs b-day and I was bad, then the next day I did alright, and then for the 4th I made really wise decisions all day. That night we all went to a carnival, and I was good and avoided temptation of shaved ice, fry bread, etc and then bf gave me half of his funnelcake and it was over....and then I ate cotton candy to boot. Darn willpower! Tastes so good for like 2 minutes and then I feel guilty for days...haven't gotten on the scale since, lol.

Doing good on my plan workout wise though, and have been eating well except for those few days there. Running 2 1/2 miles now, and even with those days of cheating, I am fitting back into my old pants! The scale was already down to 220, so already working my way back down to my ticker. I think the trick for me is even if I cheat, not getting so bummed out I just give up and then cheat for a weekend...then the week...then the month, etc until finally the scale is up like 15 pounds (which has happened twice now in the the past 6 months!!!) Hopefully I've learned my lesson by now, lol!

This is midterm week for me, so I'll probably be out for a bit, but will try to check in when I can.

dcapulet
07-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Hi all -

I'm feeling tired and lousy - and I have been for two days. I have ZERO motivation to work out, although I forced myself through it both days. Am I just tired of working out? It's only been like 2 weeks - I don't know what's going on.

Do you get tired of working out? Does it feel like too much effort? And if so, how do you get past it?

audrina
07-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Hi all -

I'm feeling tired and lousy - and I have been for two days. I have ZERO motivation to work out, although I forced myself through it both days. Am I just tired of working out? It's only been like 2 weeks - I don't know what's going on.

Do you get tired of working out? Does it feel like too much effort? And if so, how do you get past it?

In the beginning for me it did feel like it was sooo much effort. I just kept going, and after 3 weeks of being really dedicated to working out I started noticing a difference in my fitness level.

I do a fitness boot camp and when I started out I couldn't even run without feeling like I was going to throw up and that was only 3 months ago [I do it five days a week] and now I can run most of the time, the whole time, which is amazing [I'm still the slowest person but that'll change with time].

Some weeks working out just seems like it's too much but I make myself get to it anyway, I never regret working out when I'm done, but I regret not doing it when I skip it.

susiemartin
07-07-2010, 06:22 AM

Yesterday was pretty much OP. Ate a little more for dinner than I probably should have.

The heat has my energy sapped:( I don't feel like doing too much except for sitting indoors in my air conditioned bedroom.

fivestone
07-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Well, I had stalled there for a bit, even though I stayed OP. But finally the number has dropped and I'm down to 165.5 I doubt I'll hit my ambitious goal of 150 by the end of July (I originally meant to type it in as 158!) but I want to see how close I can come!

We have a mini-vacation to Vienna this weekend. We generally park the car in one place and then catch the subway and do a crazy amount of walking. So no worries in me getting in my exercise this weekend! I did take a break yesterday (I wasn't feeling well and actually ended up in the emergency room), but I'm going to exercise today and the rest of the week won't be a problem.

Hi all -

I did until I started switching up my workouts. I was doing running/walking on the trail behind my house. Sometimes, I didn't feel like going up those two big hills... sometimes I couldn't even convince myself to go outside and walk at a more leisurely pace. I just didn't feel like leaving the house. So I started doing Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii, which kicks my butt, at the right intensity. Sometimes if I'm feeling sporty, I'll run/walk and Wii. But if I'm not feeling that hardcore at least I have options.

Making myself committed to exercise over the past 6 weeks or so has paid off. Now it feels more like habit that I want to maintain.

I think I will find one more exercise option to help keep things interesting for me.

bama girl
07-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Back down to 131.2. Thinking what I gained over the weekend was water... Only 6 pounds to my first goal of the month! :)

Delphi
07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
The thing about working out, is finding something that you enjoy doing. We all know working out refreshes and invigorates us, but if we choose an exercise regiment that doesn't suit us or our personality then the motivation will not last long. Try working out with a friend or co-worker or try something completely out of your element. Sometimes when we think outside the box, we are rewarded for doing so. Or perhaps do something that doesn't "feel" like exercise. Taking a hike, or going to the zoo or even the mall. You definitely get your exercise in when you go to the zoo or the mall..lol! The key is not really exercise rather increasing your activity level. Instead of letting your spouse bring in the groceries, try doing it yourself and don't do it all in one lick. Take as many trips as you can (unless of course you have ice cream melting in the trunk :wink:) But these little adjustments we make to our lives and have tremendous affects on our energy levels, increasing motivation and commitment.

Finalizing all my paperwork today. I'm definitely so excited to finally be starting my career. :carrot:

TheBunneh
07-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Yesterday was OP, struggling to stay OP today. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a workout yet. I got to sleep late last night and my energy feels low today, but that might change this afternoon.

audrina
07-07-2010, 12:41 PM
This morning when I woke up, I took a sip of water and promptly threw up, even though I didn't feel sick. Then I ate some raisin bran for breakfast before I went to boot camp and felt fine. Got to boot camp, did the warm up and then went to run the first lap around the track and before I even got halfway through I threw up again.

I feel like a bum for not finishing today, I really was looking forward to it. I'm planning on walking my dog for awhile this afternoon but I'm probably not going to do any hardcore workout today.

No idea what made me sick and I know it's ok to take a day off, but man, I feel bad about it.

goodnuff
07-07-2010, 02:31 PM
daily check-in.

Caela
07-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Weekly check in. Can't believe how time is flying this year....and maybe every year lately.

Boy is it hot out! Had to nix running but keeping up with my indoor exercise. Also, OP but stopped food journaling on fitday. Got a bit obsessive b/c I like to waste as much time as possible during the day so I can avoid being productive. Hopefully if I start needing accountability, I'll go back to it though.

Official weigh in isn't until this weekend.:goodscale :crossed: I can see onderland from here!

:flow1:Everyone stay hydrated! :flow1:

Lewisempire
07-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Daily Check in for me too!
Just got home from Wally-World. I am all stocked up with healthy choices! Yay-

sarcruze
07-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Check In:
I have been drinking 100oz of water a day. I've only exercised maybe 2 times in the last week in a half. I've been going through some personal issues. I am snapping myself out of that rut today.

SW: 232
CW: 226

gatorgirl6
07-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Hello everyone. Im checking in for today. My weigh in this morning wasn't much different, but I have faith that it will continue to go down soon. Ive done great today with food and Ill head to the gym in an hour or so. Just one more day on this long journey.

Hlthgrl
07-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm still here. Back is stilll sore. I might go see the chiropractor. but in the meantime I think I can do cardio starting tomorrow. Got to stick with it!

Ms Perception
07-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Had a really good OP day yesterday. Today was a bit high calorie-wise. I'm heading in the right direction and will continue to improve. I'm feeling good about things in general now. I have that feeling of getting back under control, but I still have some tempting foods in the house (kids' snacks) that I need to stay away from. That's probabaly been my biggest issue this month.
Pep talk to self: I can control myself. I am a mature adult with self-control. I do not have to follow every impulse or eat every food that sounds yummy. Food is fuel. Fuel your body for maximum performance. You can do this!

dcapulet
07-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Audrina - That gives me some perspective. I don't ever regret working out - but not working out is a regret. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Fivestone and Delphi - You both make a good point. Finding a workout I like or switching it up more will help, I think. I'm doing 30DS, so it's the same workout for 10 days in a row, but after I am done, I'm going to try and diversify more.

I think I'm falling into a depression again. I really miss my family (we have been separated for the last 46 days, and my patient load at work is increasing. The types of cases that I see are very upsetting at times (newborns with high fatality) and I'm sure that doesn't help. But I know if I push through it, it will pass.

susiemartin
07-08-2010, 06:10 AM

Yesterday was OP - but with a few too many calories from meat. It was cold pork roast & I gobbled it :D

Planning for an OP day today. My weight seems to be stalling and has increased a bit. I think increase it's from the heat & humidity. Maybe I need to drink LOTS more water.

Delphi
07-08-2010, 10:38 AM
dcapulet ~ At least you can recognize the symptoms early enough to do something about it. If you need to change something, do it now. Or if you need meds, then talk to your pcp. Do you have any support? Friends or Family?

Well all is going well for me and the whole back on the wagon thing. I don't know whats got into me. I painted my nails for the first time in literally years..lol! Well you ladies have a great day.

bama girl
07-08-2010, 10:43 AM
I finally broke out of the 130's!!!!! I'm so happy I did a little "omg, the scale is being nice to me!" dance this morning! Haha. I weighed in at 129.6 pounds this morning which means 4.6 pounds till my first goal of this challenge and if I do that, 9.6 to my final! :D

TheBunneh
07-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Congrats bama girl!

Yesterday was OP. My weight was 181.4 this morning, and it's the first time I've see something under 182 midweek, so I guess it's moving in the right direction. =)

I feel like a slug today, lol. I'm struggling just to get myself on housework. I hope I get some more energy before my workout this afternoon. Though I had a pretty intense workout yesterday so I'll probably go a little lower impact today.

Oh. I also dyed my hair last night, and I'm freaking out juuust a tiny bit. I'm going back and forth between "oh, I love the color" and "aaahhhh, I ruined my hair." :rolleyes: Now I remember why I once vowed I'd never dye my hair again unless I could have a professional do it (something I've never had done). I think I'm making that vow again. :p

PopcornGal
07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Good job bama girl!

I stupidly got on the scale today in the middle of the week and of course was disappointed by the results. I am determined to stick with this though and weigh in as planned on Saturday. I just hope the scale budges.

goodnuff
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Just checking in-glad to see the wagon rode by and so many of you jumped back on.

NightAngel26
07-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm mostly OP, not totally, but still managing...I'm down 2lbs this week at 233. It's slow but steady right now. I just plan on keeping up with swimming, since it doesn't hurt at all and relieves the heat problem I have with exercising. Hope everyone is doing well, TTYL!

SarahD140
07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
just checking in. I'm still on plan!! thats a big thing for me, I weigh in on sunday. I'm hoping for 260 or less.

gatorgirl6
07-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Today wasn't so great, but there's always tomorrow. I got a new iPod so I am going to start the c25k. On to tomorrow.

dcapulet
07-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Delphi - my big problem right now is that i am 3000 miles away from my husband and kids. They are my life line. I talk to them as much as I can, but I miss being with them. The good news is they will be here in two weeks - so I just need to be strong and pull though.

I did 30DS L2D1 tonight. I don't feel I've worked out as hard as in the first level - so I need to up the intensity tomorrow. Also, I think I'm going to add another 30 minutes onto my workout schedule, so I can get more cardio in.

jessicado22
07-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Congrats Bama girl!

Busy week on my end with midterms, so didn't get to exercise at all on Tuesday...but I did get my butt in gear and ran/walked 2.5 miles on Wednesday and ran/walked 1.5 miles today. My whole plans of training for the 5K later this month are out the window cuz it is SO FREAKING HOT!!!!!!! I had to wait until 9:30 at night to go running cuz it was so horrible out, and I don't have sidewalks where I live, so I don't want to be running out in the street with DD in the stroller after it gets too dark. (It is light until about 10 here right now). Even at 9:30 though it was still hot enough to make me not want to run my normal distance....I am NOT a heat person if you can't already tell! I'd love to get up in the morning and run, but I'm also not a morning person, ha ha.
At any rate, been sticking OP (I think I'm running under calorie wise I've been so busy to be honest, but am doing the best I can), and I can feel my clothes already getting loser, so I don't think I did too much damage last weekend. Still too nervous to get on the scale and check though, lol. I'm thinking maybe this Sunday will be weigh in day.

Going to take DD to the movies tomorrow for a little girl time, and am prepping myself for no movie popcorn or candy. I love popcorn, so maybe I'll try to sneak in some of my own airpopped lol.

susiemartin
07-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was OP -planning for another OP day today.

I dropped the little bit of water weight I was holding so that's good.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Lewisempire
07-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Daily check in...we have a craft show tomorrow, so I am not sure if I will get a chance to check in! I am gonna stay on plan, i have my Ice chest already planned out! Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend!

Mommy in Motion
07-09-2010, 09:15 AM
I know I haven't been very active in the thread, but I do read it! My weekly weigh-in was this morning: 140.8 lbs. That's a loss of 1.8lbs from last week, and 4.2 overall. I'm feeling pretty good about July!

~Dagny

TheBunneh
07-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Congrats, Dagny!

Yesterday was OP. I had a huuuuuge urge to snack last night. I was having trouble sleeping and really really wanted to sit on the couch and eat something salty and crunchy, but I resisted.

Weight was 180.6 this morning. Here's to hoping it doesn't go up again too much.

eclipse
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
I woke up to 210.8 on the scale this morning, which brings me to the milestone of 75 lbs lost!

pinkprincess
07-09-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think I have even checked in after the initial signing up post. I've been doing terrible. No water at all, not journalling my food, so guess what no losing weight. And I haven't even been o 3fc for a couple of days. I wasn't going to get on today, and then I realized it's not 3fc I'm tired of, it's the whole hassle of I need to lose weight.

I didn't read everything I missed but I read enough today to be motivated. Lots of good things you ladies said.

Well, I'm off to another start for the month.

--------------------------------------------------
My July Weight Loss Goal

SW 274.2
GW 264

Stripes
07-09-2010, 12:45 PM
i know its late and i dont have anything to aim for... (holiday ect) but can i join in? :D

gives me something to have a go at :carrot:

audrina
07-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Congrats eclipse!! I'm down to 200lbs from 206lbs which is awesome. I had been stalled for awhile and it's nice to see that weight just drop away. Hopefully it'll continue!

Lewisempire
07-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Woohoo Eclipse! I am so happy for you! Congratulations on all your hard work!

Stripes, of course you can join in, if you come up with a goal, I will add you to our list! It can be simple or complex. when you reach your goal, it will magically turn red!

shasha12
07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
checking in :) i've officially been back OP for a week, and the scale was all the way down to 150.6 yesterday! i waited to see if it would stay down before changing my ticker... and it stayed. yay! so i've got 5ish pounds to go to hit my July goal!! I haven't seen 145 in 10 years; i can't wait!

KimL1214
07-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Check In~ Down from 267.8 to 264.8. 7 more pounds to go!

Delphi
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Daily check-in: All is well, staying POP and down yet another pound. Definitely enjoying the summer while I can. Soon the kids will be back in school and winter will be upon us. In any case you ladies have a great weekend.

sarcruze
07-09-2010, 09:46 PM
:bravo:Congrats Eclipse!!!! That is so awesome. :bravo::bravo: I hope I didn't gain anything today. I went to the big city and ate a big fat chipotle burrito. I know, I know.lol. But I hardly ever get to eat chipotle unless I drive all the way to Phoenix to get one. One the good note, I did not go over my calorie limit of 1500. I still have about about 57 calories to go.lol

LouisaH
07-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Happy Friday Chicklets. I've been lazy about checking in because I was up from last Saturday, after our big salty Bagna Cauda last Saturday, and wanted that weight to go away before I made my next report. The scales FINALLY stopped being an a-hole this morning--I got a 2.2 pound loss from yesterday to put me at a new low of 163.2, so that's exciting.

eclipse: rock on! 75 pounds, way to go!
bama girl: under 130, woot woot! You're in the homestretch now.
LE: good luck tomorrow
Delphi: glad to see you're making progress
All of you who are making progress, congratulations! This month is looking pretty impressive so far! Thanks for the motivation to keep up with you all!

Have a good OP weekend!

gatorgirl6
07-10-2010, 01:53 AM
I know its a late check in, but since I haven't gone to bed yet it counts. :) I had a bunch of fun today. I exercised a ton and went to a party. Tomorrow Ill continue the exercise and I think I might take advantage of the sunny weather and lay out a little.

susiemartin
07-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was 100% OP.
This morning I woke up HUNGRY which is unusual for me when I'm not eating lots of carbs. So who knows?

I'll be so glad to get out of the 240's.

I try not to get discourage that I'm covering the same old ground that I did last summer...and the summer before....and before that...and before that....

Seems like I've spent the last 10 years losing the same 25 - 35 lbs.

Can't wait to get to some new territory. I just keep telling myself to have patience, stay OP and by the fall I'll be there.
Well enough whining for this morning .............

Hope everyone has a great day!

PopcornGal
07-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Weigh in day: Down 4 lbs for the week!!!!! (a net of 3 since I started up 1 lb)

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

A good start for my 9lb. weight loss goal for July.

Busy day no time for personals - hope everyone is doing well.
I will check in on Monday.

Ms Perception
07-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Quick check-in to say last night went well. I kept myself in check with the pizza and as a result the scale moved DOWN a tiny bit today. Tonight is test #2 for the weekend. I'll let ya'll know how it goes. It's nice to be satisfied without going nuts with food at the potlucks and pizza and ice cream nights. Happy weekend all!!!

NightAngel26
07-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Sorry I haven't been doing personals....

I'm procrastinating on homework though I really need to focus on that today

I'm down to 232....so that'll leave me 12 lbs for this challenge. Hey, I'm just happy the scale is moving. I'd love to see a new low though instead of recovering what I've already done. Maybe I'll be in a better mood after I hit a new number. Swimming has been a big thing, but I'm quite burnt after this venture, so I'll be waiting a bit. It's going to rain on and off anyway.

Have fun ladies, and enjoy the weather!

eclipse
07-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Down to 210 this morning - 2 more lbs to go for july goal. My back is feeling a little tweaked, so no excercise for me today. I'll be watching some World Cup with the kids - I'll watch other people excercise instead of me :lol:

gatorgirl6
07-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Doing great today. Eating healthy and staying active. After the soccer games ends (GO Germany!) Im going to the mall to walk around a bit. Im feeling good about my weigh in tomorrow.

TheBunneh
07-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Yesterday was OP, really struggling to stay OP today. So far I'm okay. I reaaally don't feel like exercising but I'm gonna make myself do something, even if it's lower intensity than normal.

goodnuff
07-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Checking in for yesterday and today. I was here yesterday but failed to post. currently trying to motivate myself to go grocery shopping, which I hate. It's either now or tomorrow when it's crazy busy. Guess now sounds better!

Lewisempire
07-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Yay, I made it home in time to check in today. I am beat! but I did manage to stay on plan today in the face of all the horrible choices available to me. I had NO funnel cake, NO deep fried twinkies, NO bbq sandwich, NO donughts, NO homade ice cream. My one indulgence was a sugar-free cherry shaved ice! and i did a 15 min walk including quite a few stairs! Yay for me! Love you ladies, good night!

susiemartin
07-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Check In Time

My weight is up a bit again :(

Yesterday wasn't 100% OP maybe 200 cal. over.
I'm going to plan for a stricter week & see if I can make the scale move in a downward direction :cool:

SarahD140
07-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Doing good. :) I was faced with a big fat POT LUCK!, and stayed on. :) Three pounds down for this week. 11 more for my July goal. Starting JM30DS tomorrow. :) Hoping this will be a big push. (and a lift for my tush!!)

fivestone
07-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Ton of exercise all weekend, some eating out, good portion control. I can tell I've lost weight. When I'm back home in a few hours I can log my weight.
Oh! And I started seeing more definition in my arms (triceps and biceps) and abs.

goodnuff
07-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Checking in!
Went grocery shopping last night. Spent today washing fruit and packaging it up in baggies for lunches and making a crab salad and marinated cucumbers. Chicken stir-fry tonight.

LouisaH
07-11-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm procrastinating my work today, and a piece of art I need to make for an auction event. Just don't feel like it. I didn't feel like exercising this morning either, but made myself do some Zumba and by the time I'd finished it was a total of 75 minutes, so that's good.

I had an NSV yesterday. I was walking with my sister and saw someone I knew walk out of his house. He thought I was one of my sisters. I said, no it's me, that's my sister. He said "You've lost some weight or something, right?" That's been happening a lot more lately as I approach my goal, wahoo!

I'm down to 161.2 this morning. I'm ready to kiss the 160s goodbye.
Can't wait for dinner--I had it last night and it was so good I can't wait to do it again: trout sauteed in lemon olive oil and sprinkled with chopped fresh basil, corn cut fresh off the cob, pan-fried in a little butter with semi-spicy peppers and sliced zucchini, (maybe with a little parm grated over it this time). Ooh la la!

Keep up the good fight everyone!

KimL1214
07-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Down to 263.5, 4.3lbs. down... 5.7 to go!

NightAngel26
07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
I have been swimming my butt off, I know I said I'd stay away for a bit, but I wanted to take my friend and her kids cause they never get to go anywhere...it was fun!

soooo.... down to 230 this afternoon. I'm pleased. I also did do my homework, only one piece left for this week (fast approaching lateness)

Yay for progress :carrot::carrot:

Delphi
07-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Louisa..~ I definitely feel ya on the procrastination. Definitely gonna have to get our butts in gear.

Lots of luck LE. I'm rootin' for ya.

As for me, I'm still POP and motivated to see this thing through. I have no doubt I'll reach my 10 pound goal for this challenge this month. Take care ladies and keep up the good work.

0toskinny
07-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Is it too late to join.

dcapulet
07-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Delphi - i wish i had your confidence!

today was my long ride day, and the beach was so beautiful... if only my knees weren't sore!

Lewisempire
07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Hello ladies!
0toskinny, just let us know what your goal/goals are for July, and i will add you to our list! There is always time to join in here, and no time like the present to get started!

Delphi, you are kicking butt and taking names this month! way to work it girl!

it is weigh in day tomorrow, I hope the scale shows how good I have been!

gatorgirl6
07-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Today was just one of those days that no matter what you put on you just feel huge. So I stayed in most of the day and then had to work the closing shift. I hope to make tomorrow be a very productive day. Mondays and Tuesdays are my busiest days filled with 5 hours of class each day followed by 6 hrs of work. It is exhausting. I will post, but they will be short. Im hoping to get in a run tomorrow before class, otherwise I won't get any exercise for the day. Tuesday I won't be able to exercise because I have a group meeting for my class for 2.5 hours before class. If I can muscle through the first part of the week, then hopefully it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the time.

jessicado22
07-12-2010, 02:45 AM
Well, I've apparently caught some darn cold or something and have been feeling like poo the past few days. Pushing through it and have still gone running everyday, but with feeling under the weather and the heat, I have not been doing my goal of running 3 miles a week by now and am wimping out and only doing like a mile plus some walking afterwards. But I guess at least I'm still exercising and that is what is important.

On Saturday I went out for pizza, but I didn't overdo it, and other than that I've been POP the rest of the week. Still haven't weighed myself yet, but my stomach has been growling all week so I am hoping good things are happening!

NSV for me is that BF and I were at the grocery store this week, and the store is known for their extremely cheap HUGE servings of local ice cream. I didn't think it would be that much of a temptation, but when we stopped there for BF to get some, they had a tub of my favorite ice cream that I haven't been able to find anywhere since I was a kid. Seriously, I love this stuff (lemon cream pie ice cream) and I haven't been able to find it for years, and they freakin had it. But I stared at it for like 5 minutes and then walked out. So yay me....that scale have better dropped, lol!

susiemartin
07-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was OP. Planning another OP day today.

Hope your day is a good one :)

gottahlose
07-12-2010, 07:08 AM
checking in vitamin yes ,-2 lbs, and the exercise is going. I feel like I am having a good month. I feel different!

PopcornGal
07-12-2010, 10:04 AM
jessicado22 - that is amazing about the ice cream. I would have been a goner.

I had a really good day yesterday but am feeling kind of demotivated this morning because of a bad night's sleep.

Ms Perception
07-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Delphi-Way to go staying POP! I know I've had streaks where it was nearly effortless to stay OP. I'm hoping I'm starting another one now, because this month started out ugly for me. LOL

0toskinny- :welcome:

dcapulet- I bet it's beautiful to ride your bike by the beach. Here I'm surrounded by farm fields and woods. It's still beautiful in its own way, but I'd love the breeze and the view you must get sometimes. Hope your knees recover soon!

LE-Man, you HAVE been good. I'm proud to say I resisted those same kinds of foods you listed in your earlier post this weekend. I ate before we went and then brought a healthy snack with just in case, but I had no trouble saying "no" this time. Maybe the tides have finally turned for me this month!

gatorgirl- I'm wiped out just thinking of your schedule. I ran the same kind of crazy schedule in college, but I wouldn't want to do it again! Keep up the hard work!

jessicado- Feel better soon! I'm so surprised at your ability to stay off the scale. Curiousity always gets the better of me there. So, you keep referring to BF, is he new since the winter? I remember your split from your ex and you wondering about getting into the dating scene, so just had to ask. ;)

susiemartin-You rock, as ever! Is the scale moving again for you?

gottahlose-Feeling different, huh? That's awesome, since I assume it's the good different! Keep it up!! :D

Popcorngal-I hear ya. I'm not great without enough sleep. My resistance is down and I struggle. Maybe you can sneak in a rest at some point. If not, try to avoid tempting situations and just get through the day the best you can.

Alright! Looks like lots of people are saying "No!" to temptation this weekend. And I was one of them! I didn't have ANYTHING at the fair either, like LE. I wasn't even really temted this time. I think that is due to the fact that since coming home from vacation my clothes aren't fitting well. It's enough to take away any temptation...at times. (Thank goodness!) So, I've had one OP day (yesterday). Now, on to today. I've started out well with: Special K Protein Plus cereal with milk, almonds, and 1 cup of fresh strawberries. Yum! Lunch and supper are planned and I'm even going to log it into fitday just to keep me honest. I haven't been logging food on fitday since I got home. I've just been writing it in my food diary since time has been limited for me. I figured this week, I have a little more time, so I'm going the extra step to see if it makes a difference for me. Here's to OP day #2!

Peaches5577
07-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Checking In Today.

Monday weigh in: 179.2
Not real happy about this. Have been doing excellent on my food intake and spent the entire weekend hauling hay (lots of strenuous labor) and only a .2 loss? I can't win!

Drinking lots of water, eating clean, skipping exercise today as I can barely move from the weekend :-) But will get back to the cardio at the least tomorrow.

TheBunneh
07-12-2010, 11:13 AM
The weekend was hard on me, trying to do better today. The hardest thing has been not letting in negative thoughts.

On a happy note though I've ordered a real aerobics step. My husband made me one out of lumber a couple years ago when I first started step aerobics but didn't want to shell out the money. But as I'm advancing it's not cutting it anymore (and it's too small too). So I'm excited about that! =)

Lewisempire
07-12-2010, 11:15 AM
:high:I am happy as can be! The scale smiled on my efforts.....-3lbs:high:
Not eating all the fair goodies, was sooooo worth it! I won the money this week. Finally!

Peaches- Make sure you are eating enough calories, your body can hold on to the weight if you are not giving it enough calories. SOunds like you are do for a "swoosh"! Don't give up! my second week, the very same .2 pounds happend to me. Then I lost 2.8, and now 3 pounds. It sucks but hang in there!:hug:

MsP-glad to hear you got your grove back! ;) It isn't always easy, so good for you. I do so much better when I log everything in for the whole day ahead of time. You will prob lose a bunch this week by doing that!

Popcorngal- I am with you on the sleep thing, I lose all my will power, and want comfort food when I don't sleep. Lately, I have found that sipping on hot tea helps take away the cravings when I need to sleep and cant. Hope you catch a cat nap soon:smug:

gottahlose- Different is good, I hope you are feeling empowered!:lifter: and skinny!

SusieMartin-I am proud of you for not letting one rough day get the best of you! Keep on trucking girl- you've got this!

Jessicado- :carrot: Although I would not list lemon pie ice cream as my favorite, ice cream in general is my most favorite dessert!!! You did good by walking away! I don't even walk down the ice cream aisle anymore, It is too much for me still. I send DH in for the fudge bars.

Gatorgirl, don't be hard on yourself, Sounds like you have a lot of pressure on you right now. I do hope you get that run in, it will really do wonders for boosting your self image. I hope you have a Great week!

katylil
07-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I just joined on here today so I've only just seen this challenge!

Is it still possible to join?

goodnuff
07-12-2010, 01:01 PM
katylil-it's my understanding you can join at anytime
Just checking in!

Lewisempire
07-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Hopeful8 lose 10 pounds
KimL1214Lose 10 pounds
annieb GW - 180
LouisaH lose 10pounds
eclipse weigh 208 pounds
Shasha12 Lose 8 pounds
loveit lose 10 pounds
Bigmommalose 7 pounds
PopcornGal lose 9 pounds
Brittzilla-Bikram yoga 4 times a week; 1500 calories or less a day; drop 6 pounds

Lewisempire
07-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi ladies,
I just wanted to post our "goal list" to keep us all focused and to show any of the newcomers, kinda how it works. Everyone who wants to join is:welcome: Here is what you do, just make a post of your goal/goals I will put your name and goals on the list. When you reach your goal, let us know, and we will turn your goal RED It is that simple. Some of us check in frequently, some not so much. We are all here to support one another. Good luck to us all!:D

KimL1214
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Down to 261.8!!! 6 down, 4 to go!!!

July goal~10lbs. from 267.8 to 257.8!

LouisaH
07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
This month is looking pretty good for everyone so far--way to make it happen, chicklets!

Jessicado: Luckily I rarely have to step foot in a grocery store because I run a CSA that stocks most everything I need, and on the occasional visit, it's usually just running in for what we need. I probably would have caved, especially with the heat and humidity and that cold, luscious, refreshing, sexy ice cream...oh, sorry!

LE: wahoo! Success is the greatest motivator. There is nothing that can keep me on plan better than seeing progress.

The Bunneh: That new step ought to help keep you motivated! I was looking to buy one for a while, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money. Now I'm not doing any step stuff (prolly 'cause I don't have a step!). Regarding those negative thoughts, every time they enter the picture, just remember that they are only that--thoughts--and that there is never anything good or bad except for our thoughts about it. It's pretty liberating when you realize that you can change your thoughts about ANYTHING, and be free from the misery you put on yourself.

MsP: Good for you! I've been on plan, and am ready to make a week of it. Shall we? Here's to Day Two--kick its butt!

Delphi: I ended up booting the procrastination out the door and staying up until almost 3 a.m. working (not too smart--this morning came pretty early). Good for you for taking July by the horns, or other body part, and showing it who's boss!

Welcome to all the newcomers--check in often to help stay on track. We're here to cheer you on.

The scale was up .2 pounds to 161.4 today, but I'm not concerned because I've been OP and figure the loss of 4 pounds in three days wasn't going to continue like that for very long! Tomorrow is another day...

Ms Perception
07-12-2010, 08:46 PM
I did it! Day #2 is basically over and I ate POP and feel great about it especially since I worked like a dog outside today. Often on those days I feel like I deserve some kind of treat, but I caught myself thinking that and replaced it with the reminder that it's okay to burn extra calories one day without "rewarding" myself with overeating to make up for it. Instead, I had a WW snack and felt satisfied...beautiful concept!
I have tomorrow planned out food wise. I wasn't sure what to make for lunch then I had some roasted red pepper hummus tonight (YUM!) with my veggies and it was SO delicious that I decided that tomorrom I'm going to make myself a veggies pita with hummus for lunch. I'm already eagerly anticipating that treat!!! Can ya tell? LOL

LouisaH-Yes! Let's do it. I love having company on my little challenges I give myself. Anyone else interested in making this a POP week?

Well, I'm exhausted from the day so it's time to relax. Have a great night all!

ap90
07-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Just checking in. Still about 6 lbs away from my goal for the month but I'm holding out hope for a whoosh!

susiemartin
07-13-2010, 06:31 AM

Yesterday was 100% OP & planning for another OP day today.

I'm becoming addicted to the scale :(

That said I'm not ready to go back to once a week or once a month weigh ins but I'm thinking about it......... :D

Maybe next month I'll make it one of my goals. The daily fluctuations on the scale are becoming discouraging. You'd think after all these years I'd know better than to jump on the scale every morning ...sigh.....

TheBunneh
07-13-2010, 11:23 AM
KimL1214 - Congrats on the loss!

LouisaH - Yeah, I feel more motivated already just thinking about having the new step! :dizzy: I can't wait to see how much easier the choreography is on a step that's the correct length.

And you're right, I just need to remember I control how I feel about things. Thank you. :)

Ms Perception - Good job for staying on plan! Keep it up. :carrot:

ap90 - You can do it! And even if you don't quite make it just getting as close as you can is still progress. :D

susiemartin - I'm right there with you about the scale. I keep thinking I'm going to put it in a cupboard and not let it out more than once a week. But the next day I change my mind! :mad:

Yesterday was OP, feeling positive so far today. :) Not certain yet what I'm going to do for a workout. I'm trying to decide if I want to do just cardio or cardio and some weights. I'll see how I feel this afternoon and make a decision then.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. And welcome new people! :sunny:

Ms Perception
07-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Good (late) morning! I'm doing well on my OP challenge. Day #3 has begun well and looks delicious from here on out. I had to adjust since plans changed a bit, but it was an easy adjustment.

Tomorrow will FOR SURE be my biggest challenge of the week. We're having friends over and when I told them what I was making, they asked something to the effect of, "It's not all gonna be fat free stuff, is it?" These fine folks are morbidly obese and quite content to stay that way, so I'm making some food that should please us both. We shall see how it all turns out, as I will have to stay away from some of the food I'm fixing them and stick with my healthier versions. Don't ya love it when others aren't on the same page, or even in the same book as you food-wise!

Delphi
07-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Alright ladies TOM is here today and I'm not feeling all that bad honestly. Things are going well with the job, hope to start my training tomorrow. Hope you all are well. Love checking in on everyones progress. Keep up the groovy work ladies.