100 lb. Club - Blah :|

View Full Version : Blah :|

Onederchic
06-28-2010, 02:25 AM
I've stayed on plan the past week with eating until tonight and I blow it. When my bf gets home from work he has me a snickers bar and then he went and got us double quarter pounder meals from McDonalds and I ate the whole thing :( I am disgusted with myself right now :(

roxmysox
06-28-2010, 02:45 AM
:hug:

Onederchic
06-28-2010, 02:55 AM
:hug:

Thank you. I needed that but probably need a kick to the butt more hehe :hug:

gerbies
06-28-2010, 08:06 AM
That's o.k....it happens. The key is getting right back to where you want to be as soon as possible. Plus, look how successful you've been!

TXMary2
06-28-2010, 08:09 AM
The good thing is you recognize what you did right? Reality is what you ate wasn't 3500 calories so you won't gain, but you do know it makes you feel crappy. Just forgive yourself and get back to plan. You are so awesome and such an inspiration to so many here - you give me hope and it is nice to know the road to success is not perfect. Workout longer today or something - cut back a couple hundred calories today - it will all be ok. :)

LotusMama
06-28-2010, 08:26 AM
This sort of thing happens to all of us sometimes!

But, look how far you've come. I am sure that there was a time in your life where eating that way might have seemed like no big deal. The fact that it is bothering you shows how different your lifestyle is now.

I agree with TXMary--this diversion is not going to make you gain weight (whatever you do, though, do not step on the scale today because you may retain water from the meal because you really aren't used to eating like that). Get right back on plan and move forward...it is all okay and eating off plan one day is not going to make a bit of difference in the larger scheme of your weight loss journey.

Hang in there,

J

time2lose
06-28-2010, 08:50 AM
OK, you know what happened. How many extra calories did you consume?

IMHO- Being disgusted with yourself does not help one thing. The fact is you consumed some extra calories and fat. Is it a big problem? Only if you continue to do it. One time is not going to affect your weight over the long term. However, if you eat like this on a regular basis, it certainly will.

I vote for letting this time go, but make sure that it is a long time before it happens again.

An additional thought that I have - if your BF is like my husband, since you ate it once, he will bring it again. I have had this happen many times with my husband. I have to say "No, thanks" even when his intentions are good or he will keep bringing me the junk. Just a thought.

renstwin
06-28-2010, 09:33 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with eating a bit of junk every now and then...as long as it is not a regular habit. You have come so far, you are not going to magically gain 20 pounds by eating one junky meal!

Keep your head high, shake it off, and keep going!

:) Hugs to you!

mingle
06-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Shake it off & keep at it. Once slip up does not negate all the hard work you've accomplished!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Disgust is negative. Don't dwell on that. Give some thought to why you allowed this to happen and what you will do to keep it from happening in the future. Make a plan for the next time and move on!

TJFitnessDiva
06-28-2010, 10:02 AM
It'll be ok :) nothing you can really do now after the fact except acknowledge this slip up, learn & move on.

Sounds like you need to retrain the bf a little too :lol:

Bunti
06-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I hope your minute of self-disgust is over. Jump right back on your plan. Consider yourself gently kicked in the fanny if that's what you need. I hope you'll return the favor some day.

BTW, you are an inspiration to us all-- now we know your really human, too!!!

I hope someday to be in onederland too, and you've done it!!!!

I hope you were able to enjoy your little lapse, and move on. It'd be a shame if your have to have guilt for something that wasn't either good for you (don't think it was, especially) or yummy.(may have been)

calluna
06-28-2010, 11:39 AM
How do you feel physically today after eating poorly?

KatMarie
06-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Tell your boyfriend not to bring you food anymore. My hubby would always bring me home junk food, because he knew I liked it and he wanted to make me happy. But, now he knows it doesn't make me happy anymore, so he quit.

rockinrobin
06-28-2010, 11:58 AM
You see, I don't see anything wrong with feeling badly about having a slip up. I'm not talking about a planned splurge, but an UN-planned one. I'm not talking about utter disgust with myself either for that matter.

But I think feeling *badly* about it has it's place. Because as soon as I start feeling *good* about the slip ups, as soon as they don't bother me, well then they'd be occurring a lot more often! So I think it's kinda okay to feel badly about eating something that is off-ish.

If I told a sick friend that I would stop by to visit her and I didn't - I'd feel badly about it. I don't think I need to serve time or anything like that, but it doesn't feel so great and that's okay to acknowledge that. I view my food slip ups in the same manner.

Nevertheless, I have no doubt onederchic that you will be right back on plan today - and that is vital, keeping those slips up as singular events.

Onederchic
06-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I am over the disgust moment lol but I am still upset with myself that I gave in to the temptations. I won't let it hold me down though and I am back on track today. Just had to vent last night :D Thanks again :hug::hug:

Terre
06-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I get the same way. But you know that a "splurge" needs to happen every once and a while for you to realize why you are doing this. You have the rest of your life with this change. There are going to be times you are not going to be 100% on plan and thats ok.

About every three to four weeks we get pizza or go out to eat. We are ok with that. It still lets us "live" a little but we always get right back to our regular lifestyle at the next meal.

its ok...:)

Onederchic
06-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks Terre :hug:

lovemyboy
06-28-2010, 05:56 PM
The past cannot be changed. You can however control the present by making healthy choices and it sounds like you are. Have you had an opportunity to talk about it with your boyfriend?

Onederchic
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Well, here's the thing about my boyfriend. He don't do this often, for one, but also he didn't do it to be malicious or ruin anything. The candy bar, he brought home as a treat he thought I would enjoy, which he was correct :lol: and the quarter pounders were my idea which he didn't have to go buy but at the same time I didn't have to eat, especially not all of it but I did :lol: I am doing much better today and not hating myself over it anymore. Just would like to smack myself around a bit hehe :D :hug:

ORSewmama
06-28-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm glad you're over your moment. I know when I falter like that, I also feel disgusted with what I just consumed. I try to turn it positive by saying, "well, I got that out of my system!" I just had to do it last night also, because I ate WAY too many cookies. We were stuck in the hotel room, and I just couldn't stop. I told myself that, and now today, when I have been tempted, I tell myself, nope - you had your fill last night, remember?

Good for you for venting and getting it out too :)

Onederchic
06-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm glad you're over your moment. I know when I falter like that, I also feel disgusted with what I just consumed. I try to turn it positive by saying, "well, I got that out of my system!" I just had to do it last night also, because I ate WAY too many cookies. We were stuck in the hotel room, and I just couldn't stop. I told myself that, and now today, when I have been tempted, I tell myself, nope - you had your fill last night, remember?

Good for you for venting and getting it out too :)

:hug::hug: It is so nice to have people who actually get it and understand :)

kendra
06-28-2010, 11:32 PM
It's good you acknowledged it. Just make sure you don't make it a habit!!! Glad to hear you are back on plan. :)

Onederchic
06-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Thank you, Kendra :hug:

Arctic Mama
06-29-2010, 01:34 AM
We all have those moments on occasion - it wasn't one hamburger that got us 100+ pounds overweight, it was years of overeating and not fixing it. I know you won't let this hold you back, it's okay to be a little upset over a slip-up but try to remember you're human and you will struggle on occasion. As long as it doesn't defeat you, you can't lose.

Onederchic
06-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Thank you!! :) :hug:

Lori Bell
06-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey there.

Gosh, I've read at least 3 times were chicks have told you it's OKAY because, "Look how far you have come!". And yes, you have come a long way, but you only got there by NOT eating candy and McDonalds.

You know, well at least I hope you know, that I am very proud of you and your accomplishments BUT... It drives me nuts when people tell a former morbidly obese person that it's okay to start slipping up because...hey look, you've lost a lot of weight. Being a former super-morbidly obese person myself these are the kind of replies I crave. I want to hear, it's okay to live a little, it's okay to eat junk food, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay. Then guess what happens? I think it's okay, because every one told me it was so I do it again, and again and again.

I think that's why I stopped putting confessions out there. I NEEDED someone to kick my butt and tell me to stop it, but instead everyone was so "sweet". It's okay. Well, dammit, it's not okay, I have a life threatening health condition called morbid obesity, and it is not okay to self medicate with sugar and fat. Even if we are not in that category anymore, we still have the same gene pool, and what goes around, comes around very quickly.

Michelle, you need to hang in there and get a grip the next few days. Stay strong and let nothing derail you from getting to your goal. :hug:

Onederchic
06-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks Lori. I needed to vent and I did (and probably still do :D) need a kick in the butt. I like hugs too but sometimes it ain't enough which then I am always grateful for you :D :hug:

toomuchmoxie
06-29-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't think anyone was saying it's OK to eat junk food. I think people were saying - you're human. Think about why it happened, but pick up and move on.

It's kind of interesting how the same people post the "I'm being tough for you own good" comments all the time. Maybe that helps them feel better? I don't know but I recoil a little whenever I see one.

For me, if I need someone to kick me, believe me, I've got plenty of people in my life who'll do that. I'm fairly good at kicking myself. That approach clearly hasn't worked!

I have found that being in a supportive relationship/environment etc. gets me out of the slump and back on plan. When someone kicks me, it just sends me down even more.

Just my two cents..

mandalinn82
06-29-2010, 09:24 PM
I find that I go back and forth a lot with various posters on whether the "tough love" approach or the "it's OK" approach is a better way. I think both have their place.

In some posts, it's obvious to me that a poster already feels bad about a particular food transgression...in that case, I try not to say "Well, you SHOULD feel bad", and I try to stand more on the side of "It happens to nearly everyone, lift yourself back up and move on from here".

In other posts, it's fairly obvious that a poster is making excuses/making poor choices without considering the consequences/not understanding their current weight loss or lack thereof while posting regularly about "cheats" - that poster may get more of a "tough love" approach from me...so will any poster who asks specifically for a butt-kick!

Regardless, the underlying message is really the same...stop, think, and get right back on plan, right now. Which is a message that everyone needs after a slipup, no matter how it was presented!

SarahD140
06-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Your such a smart and committed girl. You made a mistake. You still rock!

Onederchic
06-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks ladies :D :hug:

Onederchic
06-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Your such a smart and committed girl. You made a mistake. You still rock!

Aww thank you, Sarah!! :hug:

Natasha1534
06-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Oh man, the double quarter pounders used to be my FAVORITE guilty pleasure when it came to food so I understand the temptation. But the important thing is today was a new day and yesterday doesn't matter anymore. It's done, it's over with, let's move on. ;) You've done AMAZING work...one fattening meal isn't going to magically undo it. ;)

Keep going, girl...you are one of my many inspirations on this site!!!

Onederchic
06-29-2010, 10:14 PM
That means so much to me, Natasha. Thank you!! :hug::hug:

MissKelly
06-30-2010, 01:11 AM
More often we learn from our failures as opposed to our successes. Being a little shaken up about something we fear is really not such a bad thing...it allows us to make choices before we take something for granted. Your bells & whistles went off which shows you have more control than a lack of. IMO, things could have been worse...you could have had 2 Double Q's.

A couple of weeks ago...for the first time since February, I had something off plan. I grabbed a 4oz bag of Corn Nuts standing in line at the grocery store...just craved the crunch. I felt bad about it. I really felt like I let myself down. A friend of mine who had lost over 100lbs & has kept it off for a 6 years said something to me that made a bunch of sense that snapped me out of that guilt. She said..."If you were to go to work every single day for months on end without ever taking a day off ...you'd want to quit & you probably would, right?" I said...of course. She said..."Just stay aware on what is a day off and what is considered playing hookie."

Go back to "work" tomorrow...you're good. ;)

Onederchic
06-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Great way to put it, thanks :)