Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Wonderslim 3

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Wonderslim 3

mollymai
06-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Wonderslim third thread:carrot:

mollymai
06-27-2010, 05:46 PM
opps my bad this is the fouth thread

queenofoz
06-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi all,
New here. Just read the last 503 posts form part 3 and feel I know you all already!
Hoping to get and give encouragement. I am on Medifast for last 23 days and down 13 lbs. Hoping to maybe switch to some of the Wonderslim items to save some money.
Hubby and I both are on this plan and know we have a good year or so to lose all the weigh to get healthy.

Couple questions for anyone who knows. I used to use Ketosis Sticks when I did Atkins many years ago and they kind of kept me in line. If you are only in a mild ketosis state, would they still work? Anyone using them?

After reading everyone's numbers I wonder if I am eating enough. I am doing the 5/1 plan but NEVER have reached more than about 925 and if I have any exercise at all, it cuts it near in half. I own a bookstore and am always active and on the move so while it is not organized exercise, I count my exercise like light housework and it takes off 200 - 450 of my calories. It may be why my weight loss is so slow.
Would love any advice.

Also, I buy the big SF syrups at Sams and Costco for about $4.75, if your not a member, find someone that is that can pick them up for you. Also, f you don't have one nearby, go on Amazon and they are about $16 for 3. Shipping is Free if you by $25 worth.

MutableParadox
06-27-2010, 09:14 PM
@queenofoz Welcome to the fun! I don't use Ketosis sticks and don't really know nor care if I am in Ketosis. I either lose or don't so I can't help with that. Everyone does things a bit different and it is what finding what works for you. If you are losing with 925 calories than that works. If you aren't definitely try upping it to at least 1000. Just be aware that under 800 is considered a VLC (very low calorie) diet and you should stay away from that unless under strict doctor supervision. Good luck and hope to see you around!

And here are my numbers of Day 1 of my 14 day on plan challenge!

Calores: 1,100 Carbs: 55 Fat: 47 Protein: 110

I am pleased with today. I have one more shake left to drink, but the totals include that! I had steak and eggs with a lil bit of ketchup and cheese mixed in and that was my real food.

I will note that yes my diet lacks vegetables and sometimes fruit. I have tried so hard to incorporate veggies that it ends up making me miserable and I quit. I do eat fruit, just did not today.

Also, I know ketchup is not the best, but I also refuse to give it up bc it is the only way I eat eggs. I carefully measure it into the meal though and it is never much.

Thanks! Have a good night and see you tomorrow which will be tons easier to stick to schedule! ^_^

Porkchop69
06-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Queen-Welcome! I have found this forum a great help. I am still new to the plan so I can't really give you any advice on the calories my 2nd weigh-in is Tues. We shall see if the vodka made me stall.
Paradox- Who cares if you use your carbs and cals for ketchup? I used some of my cals for vodka haha! I think if you keep your numbers right it doesn't matter where it is coming from.

Waterwoman64
06-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Mollymai - thanks for starting a new thread for us! Hope things are going well for you.
Amanda - great news on your 3#'s!!!!! Keep up the good work. I just use water and about 6 cubes in my shakes and still love them. I use ice and frozen strawberries in the strawberry shake and blueberries (yum!!) in the berry smoothie.
Kelly - good luck on your 2 week challenge - know you can do it! Am sure the condiments are not a problem.......its kinda hard to use them in excess.
Welcome Queenofoz! am sure you will be impressed with the WS products and you will do just as well. Have not tried the medifast myself, but everyone here who has comments on the improved difference in WS.
Tomorrow is the dreaded scale day.........will see what it brings. Do not feel a huge difference, but did notice my favorite jeans becoming very baggy last week. Look forward to the day I can hold them up and have about 10 to 12 inches to spare :)

kda1114
06-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi ladies!
Well, I have just ordered Wonderslim, but will be doing Medifast until it gets here. (My sis did MF, and has some leftovers.)
I can't wait! I'm am so depressed and sick and tired of being fat! I plan on losing about 75 lbs.
My husband and I are adopting a baby girl from India, and she should be here at the end of the year. So my plan is to be at my goal weight by the time she gets here!
I'm so glad to have this thread and have others to share in this journey!
Katie

queenofoz
06-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Katie,Good luck - I actually like Medifast for the 3 weeks I have been on it. Looking forward though to saving some $$ with the WS.

Thanks for the warm welcome so far. I appreciate any advice.

mollymai
06-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Mollymai - thanks for starting a new thread for us! Hope things are going well for you.
Amanda - great news on your 3#'s!!!!! Keep up the good work. I just use water and about 6 cubes in my shakes and still love them. I use ice and frozen strawberries in the strawberry shake and blueberries (yum!!) in the berry smoothie.
Kelly - good luck on your 2 week challenge - know you can do it! Am sure the condiments are not a problem.......its kinda hard to use them in excess.
Welcome Queenofoz! am sure you will be impressed with the WS products and you will do just as well. Have not tried the medifast myself, but everyone here who has comments on the improved difference in WS.
Tomorrow is the dreaded scale day.........will see what it brings. Do not feel a huge difference, but did notice my favorite jeans becoming very baggy last week. Look forward to the day I can hold them up and have about 10 to 12 inches to spare :)
I am doing well:). I weighed myself this morning and I was at 272.

Kristikins
06-27-2010, 11:46 PM
I found yall! YAY!! Ok...so a HUGE CONGRATS to Amanda!! 3#'s is an awesome loss girl!! Weigh to go!!

Molly - THANK YOU for making our 4th thread! WOW 4 threads in such a short time, we ROCK!!

Queen - WELCOME and congrats on your loss thus far!! We are here for support - like a good bra!

Kelly - You gave Queen some good advice on the calorie intake! That's something that we all need to keep in mind! We automatically think less calories ='s bigger loss, but our bodies will reject that idea and cause us more stress than that's worth! Have a good day tomorrow!!

Waterwoman - GL on your wi tomorrow! Anxious to hear how you've done!!

Katie - Welcome to our group and congrats on your adoption! I know you're excited!!

Talk to yall tomorrow...enjoy the rest of the evening!!

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend... here are my numbers. (I am worried about weigh in already and it is on tues.)
1,105= cals 40.6= fat 95.0= carbs 100.0= protein

Kristikins
06-28-2010, 10:35 AM
:) chop - don't sweat it, you'll do fine!

I just ordered my 12 week kit!! YAY!! Should be here on Wedensday!! Woot Woot!! And I started packing for my vacation - got my food bag all ready - hubby said "what's all this in this bag?"..I said that's MY food for the trip - shakes, snacks, bars, cool-aid mixers, etc...I think I'm set (at least w/ food) now to get my luggage packed!! UGH!!

harvester
06-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Wow! I'm so behind on reading the posts. I can't believe there's already another thread.
I did my weekly weigh in today and am down 1.6 lbs. That's a total of 20 lbs in 10 weeks!
I have two eating functions today (lunch and dinner) plus camping this weekend starting Thursday evening. I'm hoping to maintain this week and not gain. It will be hard with the holiday weekend and all.
ETA: I put in another order for about 3 weeks of shakes and bars. Should arrive Wed.

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 12:24 PM
I am so worried about weigh in I think I am going to try the LizR thing today.

LisaElevated
06-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Wow! you ladies shame me with your low carbs! I still can't seem to get below 100!
Oh well, just keep trying I suppose! I know that a lot of it is casseroles. My fiance LOVES casseroles of all kinds and no matter what, there always seems to be a lot of carbs, even if we don't use noodles, because there is always a soup mixed in. I usually eat a lot of frozen lean cuisines etc at lunch, since i have such a short lunch break, but I think changing to doing a shake and bar at lunch will nip that issue in the bud. Should cut me down an average of about 20-30 carbs a day! Woo!

WOW AMANDA!! Congrats! good for you!

Great job to all my losers! And a big:welcome3: to all the new posters!

I can't believe we busted through another 500 posts already! How exciting!
I took a peek today, even though I don't weigh in until Thursday, and I am down a pound... now if I can just keep it together until then!
I am going out to dinner with my bestie on Tuesday before we go to the twilight movie marathon at the local theater... so hopefully she won't talk me into something particularly nasty! She has absolutely no interest in trying to watch what she eats, or lose weight even though she is well over 300lbs. It makes me sad that she has given up so completely, but what can you do you know, she needs to want it for herself. All I can do is try to be a good example and not eat the chili cheese fries with her!:(

LisaElevated
06-28-2010, 01:02 PM
PorkChop, I am behind in posts... why so worried?

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 01:47 PM
I really don't know why I am so woried. I have stayed OP even when I had some vodka, I included it with my calories. I feel like I spent the money and I know if I don't lose anything it will be hard to stay motivated. I have always had such a hard time losing weight and my mind is playing tricks on me telling me that the 7 lb lost last week was a fluke and even though I am doing what I should, that it just will not work like everything else I have tried. I am just being really honest here with you guys.

LisaElevated
06-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Honest is never bad!
Sure, the first week is always the best week for loss because we eliminated so much water weight.
But I always look at it like this..

How much weight was I losing BEFORE WS? What was I doing for me? What was I eating and was I motivated to move more or feel good about myself?

Even if I have a week where I only lose 1 single pound.. that's still TWICE as much per week than I was losing before WS!

It's totally normal to be worried, just don't work yourself up into a tizzy! Stress makes a difference in loss too. If your loss this week isn't what you expected (I think the average is supposed to be 3-5lbs, but it gets slower the less you have to lose), just make some tweaks to your lean and green and see how that works for a week!

Either way, we're here for ya!

MutableParadox
06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I really don't know why I am so woried. I have stayed OP even when I had some vodka, I included it with my calories. I feel like I spent the money and I know if I don't lose anything it will be hard to stay motivated. I have always had such a hard time losing weight and my mind is playing tricks on me telling me that the 7 lb lost last week was a fluke and even though I am doing what I should, that it just will not work like everything else I have tried. I am just being really honest here with you guys.

I feel exactly the same way. I had such a bad week last week that I didn't dare to weigh myself this week. I know I didn't lose, and don't want to know if I gained. Don't let your mind play tricks on you. You stayed on plan and remember even if the scale doesn't budge you could still be losing inches. At the very least you are being healthy and sometimes that is a benefit that isn't tangible! Keep it up!

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I really don't like the bars (the peanut butter crisp and the choc-mint one are OK) I was thinking about trading them in for maybe some of the ProtiDiet Cookies and maybe try some other "chips" type snacks to use in place of my bars.
What have you tried and would not live without?

MutableParadox
06-28-2010, 02:46 PM
I really don't like the bars (the peanut butter crisp and the choc-mint one are OK) I was thinking about trading them in for maybe some of the ProtiDiet Cookies and maybe try some other "chips" type snacks to use in place of my bars.
What have you tried and would not live without?

I absolutely LOVE the Bariwise bars. I get the variety pack bc I love them all. I wasn't a fan of the WonderSlim bars either. I did not like the Bariwise shakes though. Other than that I have not tried anything else too different. I have another order coming soon so I will of course rant or rave about them!

Kristikins
06-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Lisa - You are a good friend to live as an example for your friend! She may not be on board to loose right now - but maybe after hanging with you, watching your new habits in action and seeing how you're loosing she'll decide that she wants to be healthy too! Congrats too on your unofficial loss...official or unofficial I'll take a loss anyday!!

Harvester - CONGRATS on making it to the 20# mark!! YAY!!

Chop - I think you're worrying about stuff that may not even happen...stop that!! We have enough troubles for today without borrowing from tomorrow - and worrying won't change a thing anyway! If you've been OP- you'll do fine! And like the others said just think about how you are one week healthier regardless of what the scales show! Isn't it wonderful that you are on a plan where you can eat so much and so many times a day that you are unsure if it's working or not!! So there's your pep talk/kick in the toushie, whatever you wanna call it!! :D

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Wow- we have enough to worry about today withoud borrowing from tomorrow... I think I will use this as my motto today. THANKS!

LisaElevated
06-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Kristikins.. I agree, that statement was perfect!
I do that too much, worry about tomorrow before today is even over.

I ordered the high fiber protidiet bars this last time, so I should get it in a few days, otherwise I have not ordered anything non-WS.
I loved the caramel pecan and the oatmeal bars from WS and I LOVE the vegetarian joes. So yummy!
I also really love the chocomint shakes. Way better to me than the plain chocolate, although I have never used a syrup in mine, so I still ordered a box of chocolate and will pick up some raspberry syrup to try with it!
woo!
I will let y'all know how I feel about the protidiet bars. maybe next order I will also try the bariwise variety pack!

MutableParadox
06-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Kristikins.. I agree, that statement was perfect!
I do that too much, worry about tomorrow before today is even over.

I ordered the high fiber protidiet bars this last time, so I should get it in a few days, otherwise I have not ordered anything non-WS.
I loved the caramel pecan and the oatmeal bars from WS and I LOVE the vegetarian joes. So yummy!
I also really love the chocomint shakes. Way better to me than the plain chocolate, although I have never used a syrup in mine, so I still ordered a box of chocolate and will pick up some raspberry syrup to try with it!
woo!
I will let y'all know how I feel about the protidiet bars. maybe next order I will also try the bariwise variety pack!

I also ordered the high fiber protidiet bars. I hope they are good =X

LisaElevated
06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Has anyone tried the WS crispy bars? I am hesitant to try these, ebcause they just don't sound that appealing. But if someone has treid them and loved them, maybe I will give it a shot!

LisaElevated
06-28-2010, 04:25 PM
I forget who here is actually following the WS guidelines.. if any?!
If there is one of you ladies, how is it working for you? Not eating a "food" lunch?

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Today I am doing the LizR plan but other wise this is what my day looks like.
Breakfast= 2 mocha shakes made with coffee & ice in a blender
mid morning = ws bar
lunchish = 1 shake
pretty soon after that shake I will have a fruit (ie peach or strawberries)
pre-dinner shake
Dinner is meat or fish (I use fit day to see how many ounces I can have and stay under 1200 cals with add in for lets say turkey meatloaf I make without any bread or filler plus the ketchup or ANYTHING that goes in I even figure out how much egg is in a serving, the fitday makes it pretty easy to put for example .25 egg) and then I have a big salad with either full fat dressing or light again depending on my cals - I also have a veggie if I have any left over cals. I try to stay under 100 carbs so sometime the veggie is out.
Then I have a shake or make it as a pudding before bed.

Again tomorrow will by 2 full weeks on WS and I am by no means an expert so any guidance is welcome.

LisaElevated
06-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Porkchop: Your day is basically a shining example of awesomeness!! :D
Thanks for posting that.
Good thinking on having the bar as a morning snack, duh! I guess it doesn't really matter WHEN I eat it, lol!
I use sparkpeople.com, which is like a really involved version of fitday I think. I love the community there and the fitness videos and trackers, so that always helps me plan my meals too! What would I do without the internet!

LisaElevated
06-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I make my evening shake as a pudding a lot of the time as well. Sometimes with a little cool whip lite on top. Just makes it feel more "deserty"!
Sometimes I will also have my fruit in a smoothie in the morning using the berry yogurt shake mix. mmm.
I just have to make sure I am sticking to "healthy fats"! I LOVE butter, but the saturated fat is a killer on my cholesterol! So olive oil and butter spray it is for me! I tend to get about 30 fat grams a day, so not too bad.

I am so glad I have you guys to talk this stuff over with. Sure, my fiance is supportive in me wanting to lose weight, because he "wants me to feel good about myself too", but he certainly gets bored and his eyes start to glaze over when I start talking about measuring portions and healthy fats or hearing my shock over the carbs in his favorite foods and marinades!

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Lisa- thanks, but somehow I am still worried about weigh in haha! I know the fear is more about losing motivation if I do not lose. I am repeating do not borrow from tomorrow ...to not borrow from tomorrow. It is helping.

LisaElevated
06-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Oh I understand! I may offer advice,but when it come sdown to it, I worry every wednesday as well and replay the entire weeks food in my head and think about how maybe i didn't need the popcorn or should have worked out more or or or or ... or I could or myself to death!
But in the end, I know I shouldn't worry because there is always next week. That's the great thing about obsessing.. I know exactly what to change if I don't get the results I want! It's just actually doing it, instead of talking about it! lol!

jeanelld
06-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Has anyone tried the WS crispy bars? I am hesitant to try these, ebcause they just don't sound that appealing. But if someone has treid them and loved them, maybe I will give it a shot!

I received my "Fudge and Graham" crispy bars on Saturday and also received a sample of the cinnamon crispy bar. They were both delicious and filling. I've tried Medifast before and they are so much bigger and tastier than the MF crispy bars. I will be ordering them again....just my opinion :).

Also, my numbers from yesterday (6/27, 1st day 100% WS 1200 cal plan...as written):

1125 cal/20.95 fat/100.8 carb/26.6 fiber/108.5 protein

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Good job on your numbers!

jyoyo78
06-28-2010, 06:53 PM
I need more ideas on some lean and green meals....what are some of your favorites?

I usually do a piece of fish or chicken....with a bunch of steamed veggies. I'd like to switch it up a bit so I feel like I'm getting more variety...please share!!! :)

Waterwoman64
06-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi all - well, today was that dreaded day that seems to be the topic of conversation here........the dread - worry, worry worry. Thanks, Kristikins for your saying "do not borrow from tomorrow". Have never heard that one before and it is so fittingfor all of us! Well, the worry that I was having yesterday is gone! and I am officially now in Onederland!!!!!!!!!!!! Have not seen this number for many, many years and am doing my happy dance today.
PChop -LisaE had some good advice... please don't beat yourself up too bad.......it is crazy what we seem to do to ourselves when it comes to all this. Just consider the little party a test and it either did or did not work......you will learn from it either way.
I am with Jeanelld - love those crispy graham fudge bars. Last time got a mix box of bars and that was a good choice. However, I seem to like all of them.
Hope you ladies all have a great Monday.

MutableParadox
06-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Well, the worry that I was having yesterday is gone! and I am officially now in Onederland!!!!!!!!!!!! Have not seen this number for many, many years and am doing my happy dance today.

:carrot: That is awesome! Grats! :carrot:

jeanelld
06-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I need more ideas on some lean and green meals....what are some of your favorites?

I usually do a piece of fish or chicken....with a bunch of steamed veggies. I'd like to switch it up a bit so I feel like I'm getting more variety...please share!!! :)

Thanks Porkchop. Just need to keep it going :).

Congrats on your loss Waterwomen!!!!!!!! I am so looking forward to Onederland.

Jyoyo: One of my favorite meals is to saute a mix of onions, shallots, and garlic (pre-chopped mixed sold at Trader Joe's) in a little vegetable broth and then toss in some fresh green beans. I then cook either shrimp or scallops in the left over broth and garlic mixture with a splash of soy sauce. YUMMO!!!!!

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Some days I skip my fruit to have a dinner with grilled corn on the cob! I also save my carbs and have one of the carbwise tortillas with smoked turkey real mayo mustard and lots of salad roll it up and cut it in half. It is big and makes me feel like I am cheating. I like turkey meatloaf too (kind of like a comfort food) I do not use soup mix. I use one package of turkey onion powder garlic powder one egg and worchester sauce with measured ketchup. I put it all in fitday to work out the numbers.
I also rely on fish because of the low calorie count compared to protein it gives me room for cooked veggies and then I can have FF dressing or butter.

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 07:49 PM
I ment Full Fat dressing haha!
I just wanted to say I am halfway through the day on the LizR plan and I have to say it is ok. I have used coffee in each of my shakes and have made 2 at a time. So far so good.

MutableParadox
06-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Numbers for Day 2 out of 14 of my on plan challenge.

Calories: 1,113 Carbs: 67 Fat: 52 Protein: 103

My one meal was 2 low carb tortillas with skim milk mozzarella and pepperoni. It was delicious.

I also forgot to log my exercise yesterday.

Exercise Total: 30 minutes out of 120.

My cravings are pretty much gone again! That could be because not only am I challenging myself to eating well and exercising; today was day 1 of not smoking.

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Way To Go Paradox!

jyoyo78
06-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Way to go Kelly on not smoking!! And all the other stuff too ;) he he...not smoking is SO hard! I've had to quit a few times myself. Right now I'm not...and hopefully won't ever start up again! ugh...what a nasty habit! Although...I was a lot skinnier when I smoked a pack a day...ha ha ha. NO...I'm not doing that diet again! lol

@porkchop, weigh to go on arriving in ONEderland!! Woot!!

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I am not in onederland... Where did you see that? haha! But thanks though. Soon hopfully.

Porkchop69
06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
:celebrate::celebrate:OH it is Waterwoman that reached Onederland.

Waterwoman64
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks - it is awesome!!!!! You guy's support is also awesome.
Jyoyo - here is a dinner I like from the Dr.Oz diet book. Mediterranean Chicken: calls for 2 bone in thighs without skin (I use skinless breasts); 1 tomato chopped; 1/2 onion chopped; 8 pitted kalamata olives, halved; 1 Tbs. olive oil; 1 teas. wine or balsamic vinegar.
Bean ingredients: 1 tlb. olive oil; 2 garlic cloves, minced; 1 can (16 oz) white beans, rinsed & drained; 1 tomato chopped; 1 teas. wine or balsamic vinegar; salt & pepper.
To make chicken, heat oven to 375. Put chicken in baking dish and combine ingredients and spoon over chicken. Cover & bake 30 min.
Meanwhile, prepare the beans. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, onion and cook 2 minutes; add remaining ingredients and cook 5 minutes or til heated through. Serve beans alongside chicken.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Kelly, have done the wheat tortillas with about a teas. of pizza sauce spread over it and turkey sausage and mozerella. Really helps relieve that craving for pizza that I get sometimes from seeing too many of those commercials! ha.
Good luck and smart move to quit smoking while eating better.......you will feel so much better down the road and it is a huge accomplishment!
Jeanelld - YUM thanks for the easy stir fry recipe........can't wait to try it!

queenofoz
06-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Congrats to you Waterwoman!
Recipe sounds yummy.

harvester
06-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Congrats Waterwoman!!

Kristikins
06-28-2010, 11:58 PM
WOW lots of chatting going on in here this afternoon...

Waterwoman - CONGRATS on onederland!! I can't wait till I join you!

Jyoyo - CONGRATS on not smoking - I know that's a hard habit to break!

Kelly - YAY for not smoking for you too! And for staying OP....your tortillas sound yummy!

Heading to bed soon! Nighty night!

Kristikins
06-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Oh...and glad I could throw out some scripture (even if I did distort is a bit) to you guys for some encouragement!

jyoyo78
06-29-2010, 12:05 AM
:celebrate::celebrate:OH it is Waterwoman that reached Onederland.

Doh! Wrong person...but you'll be there soon Chop!!! lol Sorry about that :)

Weigh to go Waterwoman!! Woot Woot!! :D :carrot:

Porkchop69
06-29-2010, 02:42 AM
OK, I made it through the whole day on the LizR plan! Woot!

Kristikins
06-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Sawheet!!! Tuesday's here girls...no more Monday...at least not for a few more days!

So we are leaving for our trip EARLY Sat. morning and my 17 year old darling son tells me yesterday that he wants Super Mario and a Gameboy Advance/Nintendo DS for the trip...um....yeah...nothing like waiting till the last minute!! I'm gonna check pawn shops today to see if I can snag him one...dontcha just love teens!! He had a Gameboy Advance years ago and sold it in a yard sale - had 10 games too...ugh...fickle I tell ya!!

MutableParadox
06-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Sawheet!!! Tuesday's here girls...no more Monday...at least not for a few more days!

So we are leaving for our trip EARLY Sat. morning and my 17 year old darling son tells me yesterday that he wants Super Mario and a Gameboy Advance/Nintendo DS for the trip...um....yeah...nothing like waiting till the last minute!! I'm gonna check pawn shops today to see if I can snag him one...dontcha just love teens!! He had a Gameboy Advance years ago and sold it in a yard sale - had 10 games too...ugh...fickle I tell ya!!

Yay for it not being Monday! And good luck with getting the gaming thing! ^_^

jyoyo78
06-29-2010, 11:49 AM
He he....one thing I've learned with my video game loving son....I never let him sell any of it!! He is constantly going back and forth between systems, games, etc. Though I did let him get rid of the Teletubbies games and bob the builder....lol....he's a bit old for those ones...lol

I did SO good at dinner yesterday! I did have one piece of garlic toast....but for dinner I had roasted chicken and a greek salad....but I didn't eat hardly any of the goat cheese on the salad. Go ME!!! That is such a huge accomplishment! I usually just say oh forget it...I'll diet tomorrow...nope...not last night, I held strong. AND...I was still under cals and fat....and just barely over on carbs. Plus...I did the shred yesterday....ouch...forgot how tough it is. Not sure when I'll be able to move to level 2. But I'm not going to until I'm totally comfortable at level 1 with no modifications :)

Porkchop69
06-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Happy Tues. everyone! Good job with dinner Jyoyo! I have not had "real bread" yet. Bread, pasta and rice are my krytonite so I dare not even try. I have had the carbwise tortillas and it felt like cheating.
Today is weigh in number two but will not be able to do it until late afternoon because I will be waiting to have our new stove delivered. I am sure it will not throw the number off much.
SHHHH- I am hoping for a 3 lb loss. I will let you know either way.
I didn't post my numbers lastnight (prob. because I was delirios on the LizR plan haha, really it was not that bad I may do it today too)
950=cals 16.5=fat 74.0=carbs 130.0=protein

LisaElevated
06-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Wow, congrats Waterwoman!

I will have to try the cinnamon and graham crispy bars next. I love all the new ideas, it makes me feel like I really can do this long term.
Also, I added some sf raspberry davinci to my chocolate cream shake with a tsp of coffee... it was like starbucks! So tasty! um, hello syrups! Where have you been!

My favorite lean and greens are stir fries! 3 to 4oz of shrimp or chicken thighs (already bite sized most of the time!), a cup of veggies and usually a tbsp of marinade or dressing of choice. Right now I am all about this mango curry marinade my dad bought me.
I also use the low carb tortillas and make a bbq chicken pizza with red onion, tomato, basil and spinach with low fat mozz. YUM.
Sometimes I just really like eggs for dinner! I will make a little veggie scramble with soy crumbles and 2 eggs over medium on top.
Also, lots of fish! I make "packets" out of tin foil, tilapia, asparagus, tomatoes, onion and a half a lemon squeezed over with a drizzle of olive oil. Bake and viola, with a side salad. Also really good on the grill!
I get tired of the same old grilled chicken breast and veggie side, so I just try to put them together in different ways.
I also make tuna or salmon patties with egg whites, spices and parmesan to bind instead of bread crumbs, or just a tsp of bread crumbs if I really want it.
Oh and Black Beans! I could pretty much make a meal out of black beans. But usually I will have it with some fish and make a homemade salsa with some citrus fruit in it and make the tilapia with a spicy blackening spice mix. the flavors go really well together.
And pork. Can't forget about pork! You get about an ounce less than the chicken or fish according to the WS guide, but it's so filling anyway.
I will save my "fruit" for this and pan saute with about a 1/4 cup salsa and some wilted spinach. Goes great with some blanched green beans or cauliflower mashed "potatoes".

Hope I helped!

Kristikins
06-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Yep...that's a growl I hear in my tummy - thanks Lisa for the mouth watering ideas!!

Jyoyo - I've learned my lesson for sure! We won't ever get rid of ANY game junk we have!! My friends daughter has a DS and a DS Lite - she cracked the DS (so it doesn't stay open on its own) and since she has the lite, she doesn't use the DS anymore. She is gonna let us borrow it (which freaks me out to borrow something, so I've asked to buy it from her! I know I'll have to buy games for him so might as well buy the darn thing - then I can get ME games too and it can be OURS!!)...

Had to go to doc today. My heart has been doing flip flops in my chest the last few weeks and since we are going on vaca this weekend I don't wanna get up there and have a heart attack..so they did an EKG and bloodwork and now I'm wired up to this monitor thing I have to tote with me till tomorrow. He thinks I'm fine, but just as precautions. And this monitor has a button I push whenever I feel the flip flop - so far it's done it a couple times (i'm glad cause they can see what the heck it is!!)...Oh..and MY AWESOME doc gave me BC pills to keep my TOM from coming while I'm gone...I've not been on pills for 10 years so I hope I don't forget to take'em and screw up everything!! But how cool is that! changing of the cycle...love it!

Gotta head to lunch now - it's pedi time (getting red, white and blue toes today!)

Porkchop69
06-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Haha! I just reread my post---can you say misspelled? It was early and I think the LizR plan is playing tricks on the ol' brain. Has anyone else done the LizR plan? If so for how many days?

MutableParadox
06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Just got my SF syrups in. I am drinking a Chocolate Peanutbutter shake now. It's yummy. I think I put a little too much in this time though, haha!

Porkchop69
06-29-2010, 03:43 PM
That sounds good Kelly, I may need to get the peanutbutter one. How long have you been doing WS?

MutableParadox
06-29-2010, 04:25 PM
That sounds good Kelly, I may need to get the peanutbutter one. How long have you been doing WS?

I think I started around the same time you did perhaps a few days after. About 3 weeks ago. So far I have lost 11lbs this month, most of it being from WonderSlim. :carrot:

dranaeli
06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey all iam just checking wow i had alot of pages to catch up on and we even started a new thread.

Congratulations to all that have lost weight and lets keep on losing

I just wanted to comment on the bars and the entrees that they send like the chicken i did no tlike the entrees and the bars are okay but i only liked a few flavors i will be sending some of the things back

Kristikins
06-29-2010, 06:43 PM
YAY Kelly - glad you're liking the PB&C!! You'll have to tweak the syrups cause some takes more some less to get the taste just right! But they do make a huge difference huh!

The butterscotch is yummy too - creme de menthe is good, pumpkin pie is good....heck I think they are all good except the Lemon - PpppUuuu!!!

3 days till vacation!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

Kristikins
06-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Dranaeli - I didn't order any of the chicken meals because of the reviews - texture is something that's very ON or OFF for me so I was afraid of it...I do think I'll be able to tolerate the "meaty" meals though - as we eat the Boca stuff all the time...As for the bars - I don't love any of the crispy type bars - to me they are like eating dirt (no I don't eat dirt) - they make my mouth feel yuky...again - texture!! The flavors are always good though!

MutableParadox
06-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Numbers for Day 3 of my 14 day challenge:

Calories: 1,146 Carbs: 75 Fat: 44 Protein: 106

Day 2 down of not smoking - It was not as hard but there were moments.

Also, 60 minutes out of 120 for this week of exercise. ^_^

This holds me much more accountable being able to tell you guys. I'm like a little kid wanting to please her parents. See! I got a gold star!! wooooo, hahaha.

Night Night!

Porkchop69
06-29-2010, 11:18 PM
OK I finally got my weigh in today! I had to wait until 5:00 but drum roll please.... 3 lbs exactly and I lost 2% body fat! (I was hoping for 3 lbs, I guess I should have been hoping for 5 lbs haha). Wow what a relief I have been stressed all day for nothing.
Here is to another week OP except my dinner out on Thurs. at the Stinking Rose. I did the LizR plan again today and I may do it tomorrow as well. I was thinking with my dinner I wanted to be extra good haha.
So, here are my numbers
950= cals 16.5= fat 74.0= carbs 130.0= protein

Porkchop69
06-29-2010, 11:23 PM
*star* this was as close as I could get for a gold star. Kelly, good job staying on plan. I too want to please you guys haha! YOu get 3 gold stars for not smoking and staying on plan! Keep it up!

Porkchop69
06-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Correction---I caved and instead of having my last 2 shakes I had some FF cream cheese with a few Whole Wheat crackers (I just had to chew something!) corrected numbers.
976= cals 21.7= fat 86.2= carbs 112.0= protein

I still think the numbers were close to the LizR plan.

MutableParadox
06-30-2010, 10:07 AM
OK I finally got my weigh in today! I had to wait until 5:00 but drum roll please.... 3 lbs exactly and I lost 2% body fat! (I was hoping for 3 lbs, I guess I should have been hoping for 5 lbs haha). Wow what a relief I have been stressed all day for nothing.
Here is to another week OP except my dinner out on Thurs. at the Stinking Rose. I did the LizR plan again today and I may do it tomorrow as well. I was thinking with my dinner I wanted to be extra good haha.
So, here are my numbers
950= cals 16.5= fat 74.0= carbs 130.0= protein

Grats on another 3lbs gone for good! :carrot:

Kristikins
06-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Happy Hump Day loosers!!!

Chop - FANTASTIC!!! What an awesome loss!! And 2% of body fat to boot - WOOT WOOT!! Your numbers look amazing, just be careful eating less than 1000 cals girl - dont want you messing up your metabolism for real!! I have days where I wanna chew stuff too and days when I'm not hungry at all but wanna eat whatever I can find...keep it up girl, you're doing great!!

Kelly - tried any other flavors in your shakes??

MutableParadox
06-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Kelly - tried any other flavors in your shakes??

Not yet! I need to get lil containers to bring the syrup to work because I drink most of my shakes here. I'll let you know though. The banana one smells awesome though, I think that will be my next one to try!

Porkchop69
06-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Kris- I agree that is very low cals for me. I think I am going to aim to do it once a week because 2 days was REALLY hard.

I have been having a dialogue with myself. I bought a pair of snug 14 shorts right before I started WS. Now they are loose. I need more shorts so I liked the new pair and thought I would buy some more in different colors. Now comes the hard part. I keep going back and forth between- I should order them in 14 (ie this weightloss is a fluke) or order the 12 (thinking positive and the 12 will be snug like the first pair and I will keep it up and they will fit in a few weeks). Do any of you do this to yourself too?

jyoyo78
06-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Oh Chop...that is the exact same dialogue I have with myself!! ALL the time! I just did the exact same thing with some work out clothes...sigh...I ended up getting a couple of different sizes...some a little snug...and some that fit just right. Luckily it was at Wal-mart and they were on clearance :D

WTG on the plan Kelly! That is awesome!!

And WTG on the loss Chop!! You're my inspiration! I have no excuses!!

I woke up a bit early this morning...started getting ready for work, then decided...NO...if I'm gonna be up and at it a little early, then I need to squeeze in a workout. So...out came the shred! :) Hopefully I can get in a 30 minute walk at lunch time today...then my c25k afterwork. We'll see....wish me luck!! I need to work off the few bites of macaroni salad I had yesterday....ugh! The Reser's brand pre-made mac salad has 330 calories per serving!! WTH!!!???

K...being good today...having my PB & Mocha shake...yum!

I love the Blueberry with Vanilla shake....and Strawberry with Vanilla. I thought I had bought some Orange syrup...but didn't, so I will have to get some so I can have an "orange creamcicle" yum, yum. Still haven't tried the butterscotch. I really need to get a mini-blender for work and bring some syrup in too...the shakes are so boring without the extra oomph!

Have a grand day ladies!

Porkchop69
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
jyoyo, you are the inspiration! Look at you go with the workouts! You go girl! I am going to the gym tonight.

Porkchop69
06-30-2010, 11:59 AM
OH, have any of you done before pics? Does it help you stay on plan? I am thinking of letting the hubby take a couple shots of me so I can compare... I need all the help to stay motivated I can get.

MutableParadox
06-30-2010, 12:05 PM
OH, have any of you done before pics? Does it help you stay on plan? I am thinking of letting the hubby take a couple shots of me so I can compare... I need all the help to stay motivated I can get.

I took before pics. I think I was about 10lbs heavier than I am now when I took them. I am waiting until the 240s to retake them. I think it's a good idea. I see so many people say they still feel big even after they are at goal. It seems to be helpful to have a reminder of where you came from.

MutableParadox
06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
I got my new shipment in with full of new things to try!

Right now I am trying the WonderSlim Pro To Go. They are in plastic bottles with the powder at the bottom and you add the water and go. Similar concept to the Wonderslim Shakes but thinner and more juice like but WAY better than their other Fruit drinks...sorry confusing.

I just tried the Pinapple Orange and I love it! It reminds me of the taste of a low sugar fruit juice. It's only 70 calories & 1 Carb but still 15 grams of protein. Also seems to have quite a bit more vitamins in it.

EDIT: I just also tried the Peanutbutter Carmal Crisp Fiber bars from Protidiet and it was delicious! I like them much better than the WonderSlim Crisp bars. With 10g of fiber I am sold. ^_^

Porkchop69
06-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Paradox- I am going to have to order some stuff if you do not quit haha!

MutableParadox
06-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Paradox- I am going to have to order some stuff if you do not quit haha!

Haha, sorry sorry! I order weekly - bi weekly and I like to try new stuff so that I can someday build a normal routine ;)

That and I'm excited. :p

Hope everyones day is going well! I have off Friday and Monday so four day weekend coming up and I am excited!!! :dizzy:

Porkchop69
06-30-2010, 04:44 PM
What are your favorite weightloss blogs? I would like to read some that are using a liquid diet.

MutableParadox
06-30-2010, 04:51 PM
What are your favorite weightloss blogs? I would like to read some that are using a liquid diet.

I don't read too many blogs. I should though. I read Prior Fat Girl (http://www.priorfatgirl.com/). She just normal calorie count and is close to maintaining at this point, but I like it. Other than that I don't read any. I suppose that would help me not post as much if I had stuff to read, so please everyone speak up! haha :carrot:

jyoyo78
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
I took before pics...lol. I actually want to take some more since I've lost 25 lbs...especially since people say they can notice the difference...of course I don't! lol So, I think every 25 lbs or so I should take pics. Then I can have a progression of them.

I also take measurements, which reminds me...I was supposed to measure like two weeks ago! Oops...maybe I'll just wait two weeks and measure...oh well.

I ordered some different thing too...but since I had so many bars already I didn't order any more...next time! I really like that the ProtiDiet ones have so much fiber...awesome!

Okay, I did my lunch time walk, now all I have to do is my run after work and that'll be a day FULL of exercise!! I need it!! I wish I had this motivation everyday. It helps to come here and read how awesome you're all doing! Then I feel guilty...lol Guilt, what a great motivator!

I'll have to look up some of the weight loss blogs I've found. I started one when I started WS, but I haven't been good at keeping it updated....I should do that. Maybe post some before pics....as long as 25 lb lost ones look good anyway...lol

Have a fab day ladies!

jyoyo78
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
No way Kelly!!! I like reading the posts here!!! So keep it up!

LisaElevated
06-30-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't know of any liquid dieter blogs either. I pretty much spen my diet related internet time here and a sparkpeople.com!

I had a vanilla shake with coffee and raspberry. I don't know if there are any recovering starbucks addicts out there, but I used to LOVE the vanilla bean frappucino with 2 pumps of raspberry.
Today, what I had tasted EXACTLY like that. I needed to add more ice, mine was like a half melted frappucino today, but wow. It hit the spot!

Also, I had the crispy cinnamon bar at lunch and it was pretty good. Great flavor, but it was so... I don't know if hearty is the right word? but my mouth was tired after eating it! I guess Dense would be a good word.
I think I like the candy bar-ish ones, but I bet if I ate the crispy bars really slow, it would be as mentally satisfying as a small meal!
:cheer2::congrat::cheer3::yay::celebrate:

That was the party I just threw for CHOP.
Good job girl! Way to kick this plans butt!

LisaElevated
06-30-2010, 05:05 PM
I took a few before pictures, I have not taken another set yet. I think I will wait until I lose 15.
I also take my measurements the first week or so of every month, depending on where my TOM falls... I don't want bloated measurements!

The last 2 months pretty much all my measurements have stayed the same, except like a 1/4 here or a 1/4 there. But I think after all the strength training I have been doing between my short resistance band and exercise ball routing and my 30 day shred, I should at least be losing some inches from everything tightening up under my flub!

KELLY! Keep posting, this IS my blog! lol!

MutableParadox
06-30-2010, 05:12 PM
This is like my blog too! I love posting here bc everyone understands. Trust me I wouldn't ever really stop posting here! lol

I do have a blog www.mutableparadox.com , but it's not just diet related so there is quite a bit of crap in between sometimes. haha.

Kristikins
06-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Chop - I'm voting for you buying 12's!! You KNOW you will fit into them in no time! I think I've heard it' like 7 pounds per dress size...

I'm a scrapbooker, so I have TONS of pics of me - as big...but taking them every 25 pounds or so IS a good idea!! Just to see the progression! (like yoyo said!)

I don't blog - and the ones I read (when I get a chance) are all crafting ones...I'll have to check out yours kelly - and the other one too...

Got my shipment today too...12 weeks worth of food is HEAVY yall...now I gotta try to lug that mess to my car in a few minutes...but luckily I'll have hubby to drag it into the house for me! I decided to do 12 cause I know it's gonna take a while to get where I need to be and hubby said, "make it as cheap as you can, please"...

Kelly - I don't do banana's at all...just the thought of them makes me gag - it's a texture thing - but even the smell of one - UGH....ERK....Blekkkk...now - I can do banana bread...funny huh!! :D

jyoyo78
06-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Oh Kristi...you make me chuckle...the whole banana thing...so funny.

You're making me want my shipment..now, now, now!! Friday will come soon enough :D

Porkchop69
06-30-2010, 07:20 PM
I know what you mean about this being like a blog. I just like reading when I get the urge to eat something Off Plan. See I am getting the lingo down in just 2 weeks haha! OK, so how about a book? I would like a funny book that is based on someones journey... I don't know I am just trying to stay on task. '
I have yet to order any shorts, the battle still rages on.
Lisa-thanks for the party!
Kristi- I can't do banana's they hurt my stomach... but if they are cooked I can... so like you banana bread is JUST FINE haha!
I am going to the gym tonight, I am soooo looking forward to our dinner out with friends tomorrow... it will be my first real cheat. but I promise I will be back on plan right after. I hope I don't have any of those headaches like I did the first few days. (maybe I do, then I will stay on plan from then on). I am not going to have any bread, pasta or rice but I am not going to worry about a glass of wine or what sause is on my fish ;-)

Porkchop69
06-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Here are my numbers how is that for cutting my carbs close haha!
1,205= cals 37.1= fat 99.9= carbs 120.7= protein

MutableParadox
06-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Day 4 out of 14 of being On Plan

Calories: 1,028 Carbs: 41 Fat: 46 Protein: 105

Today was an easy day. I was not hungry. Feeling a bit bloated bc TOM won't leave me alone. I wish I was normal. haha.

Day 3 of Not Smoking: I thought this was going to be harder, but there were many times where I forgot I ever smoked. I am sure there will be days that are much harder, but I am thankful for a small break.

Thanks for listening for another day!

Porkchop69
06-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Go! Paradox!!!!!!

Waterwoman64
06-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Kelly - :flow1: this represents gold stars!!!!!! Glad to hear the quit smoking is going well for you too!!
PChop - :cp: congrats on your loss this week! You could probably get yourself a pair of shorts as a reward. I have all sizes in my closets 3X down to 14. Never thought it would be possible to go that low in size before now. Hope! What a great thing.
Jyoyo - :running: with all that good work and dedication you will be wearing those little shorts too in no time at all!
Kristik - :cb: the dancing banana award goes to you for making us all roll over laughing!!!
The subject seems to be pictures. I did take some when I started and have not yet again. Saw some of my vaca. pics. and that was down about 11lbs....really not enough. But seeing the fat rear was incentive to keep going. Like the idea of pics at 20 to 25# increments though. Have also been measuring once a month, because it is real incentive to see those inches go down even if I am not thrilled about the poundage.

queenofoz
06-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Almost at 4 weeks on Medifast and am really afraid to start exercising.
I lost so much the first week and then dead stopped week two and finally saw some give at the end of third week.
I am weighing almost daily (yes, know it is best not to but can't seem to help it) and see a few more lbs gone now and feel like if I exercise it will put me in starvation mode which is I think why I went 10 days with no loss at all, just a 2 lb gain.
One reason was I was not told by my health coach that the soy crisps were not a meal so that is why I was not getting enough calories each day plus I am pretty active at my bookstore.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so should I just eat a little more.
I am so scared to eat more and haven't gone off plan even once yet.

Help me oh wise ones!

Kristikins
07-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Chop - YUMMY banana bread! My Mom makes banana bread a LOT! And she had the nerve of making the filling that goes into pumpkin rolls to put in the middle of that banana bread - as if it needed more yumminess!! Luckily - I'm not at her house very often so I'm not tempted to eat a whole loaf!! Good luck with your evening out w/ your buds - you'll still be fine! Have fun!!

Kelly - I'm SO proud of you for not smoking! Like every addiction there are always good days and bad days - so on those bad days try to keep your big girl panties on!!

Water - I love the dancing banana, just not one on my plate - or in my face - or even within smell distance - yuk! I get measured monthly at Curves (and weighed too, but their scale is an old fashion slider kind - not too accurate)..yall ever have problems getting the measure tape in the exact spot each time or do you just guess and wing it?

Queen - "wise one" huh...I'll take that...if you're talking to me anyway...Any idea on how many calories you are eating? That would be my first guess - that you're not eating enough! When I let my Doc look over the WS plan, she said I could even eat up to the 1200 cals (on the hungrier days) and still see a good loss - if you're not eating enough, your body can't burn it off! And it's not just the amount of cals you're eating, sometimes it's WHAT you're eating!! Keep a log of your intake for a few days and post it here...we'll take a gander at it maybe we'll see a red flag somewhere!!

Hooty Hooty Hoot it's THURSDAY :D!!! I'm only working 1/2 day tomorrow so I can ge my house cleaned and get all packed up for our TRIP!!!

jyoyo78
07-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I had a vanilla shake with coffee and raspberry. I don't know if there are any recovering starbucks addicts out there, but I used to LOVE the vanilla bean frappucino with 2 pumps of raspberry.
Today, what I had tasted EXACTLY like that. I needed to add more ice, mine was like a half melted frappucino today, but wow. It hit the spot!

Wowsa!!! I had this concoction this morning...actually I'm still sippin' on it...yummaroo!!!

jyoyo78
07-01-2010, 11:31 AM
yall ever have problems getting the measure tape in the exact spot each time or do you just guess and wing it?

Yes!! I was wandering the same thing. I pretty much just wing it and hope for the best :) Maybe I should tattoo some guidelines for myself ;)

Porkchop69
07-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Queen, Kris had some great advice. Do you use Fitday or sparkle to log your food each day? It is easy way to ensure you are meeting your goals. We will all chime in to help you along. Also, I find posting my numbers (cals, fat, carbs and protein) which I just copy and past from fitday at the end of my day helps keep me accountable.
Speaking of here are my corrected numbers. I skipped on shake and had a half cup of corn chips lastnight. Maybe not the best choice but I kept my numbers and I worked out at the gym.
1,184 cals 39.4 fat 103.4 cabs 106.9 protein

LisaElevated
07-01-2010, 11:51 AM
I always have a hard time getting the measuring tape in the same spot, so I knid of make a guide on paper.
Like for my waist, I measure 2 inches up from my belly button and then measure around there.
Arms, I measure exactly where my nipple levels to the arm and then around. Sorry, that is just the best way I can describe it!
When i do my thighs I measure 10 inches up from my knee and then go around the thigh there.

Jyoyo! I am glad you liked my vanilla masterpiece! I need to get some orange syrup because I think a dreamsicle would taste awesome!

LisaElevated
07-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Weigh in day!
Woot!

LW: 189.4
CW: 188.6

0.8 loss.

Ugh. I am like stuck there. I knew this week would be rough because I ran out of shakes and have been using atkins stuff for the last 3 days and I had that trip to chilis.
But my shipment came in yesterday and I am now starting the actually 5-1-1 plan.
Still, it's more than before and it's a steady loss. And I just love how the ticker drops you down to the rounded number! Hello 188 ticker~! even if I am 188.6, which sucks because when I peeked on Monday, it was 188.0.
Sigh! That's what I get for peeking!

LisaElevated
07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I love this posting our stats business. I still eat like twice the carbs as you ladies, but it does still feel good to post it!

Cals: 1,144 Carbs: 101 Fat: 32 Protein: 105

MutableParadox
07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Weigh in day!
Woot!

LW: 189.4
CW: 188.6

0.8 loss.

Ugh. I am like stuck there. I knew this week would be rough because I ran out of shakes and have been using atkins stuff for the last 3 days and I had that trip to chilis.
But my shipment came in yesterday and I am now starting the actually 5-1-1 plan.
Still, it's more than before and it's a steady loss. And I just love how the ticker drops you down to the rounded number! Hello 188 ticker~! even if I am 188.6, which sucks because when I peeked on Monday, it was 188.0.
Sigh! That's what I get for peeking!

Well, grats on the loss anyway! Better to go down than up! haha! Keep it up! :carrot:

jyoyo78
07-01-2010, 12:03 PM
So...I bailed on the C25K last night. I went grocery shopping instead and was just too tired when I got home. Oh well...I still had two workouts yesterday, so I'm good! I did well on my eating, except for carbs...ugh! I was over the 100g mark...all other intake was pretty decent though.

Didn't drag my butt outta bed this morning, so I guess my workout will have to be after work today.

Can't wait for my shipment tomorrow...woot! Gonna be trying some new things...yum, yum....hopefully ;)

Porkchop69
07-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Lisa you do not eat twice as many carbs as I do. I eat right under 100 most days. The only time it was lower was when I did the LizR plan. Good job on working out yesterday! and congrats on the Loss!

MutableParadox
07-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I love this posting our stats business. I still eat like twice the carbs as you ladies, but it does still feel good to post it!

Cals: 1,144 Carbs: 101 Fat: 32 Protein: 105

Don't worry about your carbs so much, you aren't that high. If you stop losing then I would try to lower you carbs by 10g and see if that works. Everyone has a different limit to carb sensitivity.

I post net carbs btw. I don't know if you are posting straight carbs or net carbs. Add about 20g of carbs to my numbers I've been posting and you've got the straight carb. count.

Porkchop69
07-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't post net unless I eat a carbwise tortilla- because that would throw me way off if I didn't do the net on them other wise it is straight.. (I am hoping that helps me stay on the lower end haha) the tricks we use to fool our minds.

LisaElevated
07-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Ohhh.. well that makes me feel better kelly. I am posting straight carbs, not net.
That makes more sense. I was thinking to myself, how the eff do they do it!

Thanks for the kudos, Chop! I wish I loved healthy eating as much as I love working out. It's a strange thing. I mean, I don't love it, but I do love feeling strong and it gives me a great sense of control without reverting back to my food control issues (binge/purge history, I have to be careful with how much I "pay attention" to my foods because I become obsessive).

I am going to see how the 5-1-1 plan works this week and if I don't see the change I want, I will have to get more creative with limiting my carbs!

MutableParadox
07-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Well, just tried the Tropical Blend Wonderslim Shake. This is a flavor they have for the their shakes not the shake/pudding. This has 12g of Protein, 90 calories but 9g carbs (8 if you are counting net). It's very bland. I imagine adding my banana syrup in it will spruce it up. Also does not mix as well so it left it a bit chalky. Would probably be really good blended with some real fruit.

So there's another review. haha.

jyoyo78
07-01-2010, 02:20 PM
umm.....what are net carbs?

MutableParadox
07-01-2010, 02:36 PM
umm.....what are net carbs?

I'm sure there is a bigger definition but it's pretty much the number of carbs minus fiber. Fiber isn't digested in the small intestine and so isn't broken down into glucose and absorbed into the blood. That means it doesn't cause a spike in glucose levels which is what works for low carb diets.

As with everything there is a debate on whether or not you should count this way, but I used to be on Atkins so it kind of stuck with me.

Also, Sugar Alcohol is another one that gets minused (although like any sweetener can still stall weight loss in some).

I'm sure that is clear as mud. I'm not good at explaining. http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/products/a/netcarbs.htm This is an easy read if you are looking for a more in depth response.

Kristikins
07-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Great info ladies - on measuring and net carbs!! Never new there was a difference!! I joined fitday, but haven't really done much in there - I need to get in there and track my stuff - especially this next week when I'm out and about!! That will help me remain accountable for sure!

Ok...so I bought my friends DS - gave way too much for it (cause then I found one from someone else with 4 DS games and it's a LITE for $100 - I paid $80 and got 2 GBA games)...oh well...my friends daughter was tickled to get some moolah...and life goes on...so I went out today to get some DS games for the trip..OMG how cool are they!! I got a 50 classic games (has checkers, chess, sudoku, black jack and tons of others) and got an Indiana Jones game for son; and an I spy game...shoudl be fun!! I've already played checkers just to see how it all works..the DS games are WAY cooler than the GBA games!! (they are touch)...

MutableParadox
07-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Great info ladies - on measuring and net carbs!! Never new there was a difference!! I joined fitday, but haven't really done much in there - I need to get in there and track my stuff - especially this next week when I'm out and about!! That will help me remain accountable for sure!

Ok...so I bought my friends DS - gave way too much for it (cause then I found one from someone else with 4 DS games and it's a LITE for $100 - I paid $80 and got 2 GBA games)...oh well...my friends daughter was tickled to get some moolah...and life goes on...so I went out today to get some DS games for the trip..OMG how cool are they!! I got a 50 classic games (has checkers, chess, sudoku, black jack and tons of others) and got an Indiana Jones game for son; and an I spy game...shoudl be fun!! I've already played checkers just to see how it all works..the DS games are WAY cooler than the GBA games!! (they are touch)...

Glad your enjoying it! I have nintendo DS and love it. Reminds me I need to play more. ^_^

Porkchop69
07-01-2010, 04:59 PM
YAOUHZAH! This is a close est. of my numbers today since we are going to the stinking rose. Not sure as we are going tonight but wanted to get an idea ahead of time. I am glad I did the LizR plan to off set this haha. perhaps I will try to do it another day this weekend.
1,634= cals 44.5= fat 87.5= carbs 91.5= protein
Now things might change if I decide to have dessert!

jyoyo78
07-01-2010, 06:09 PM
YAOUHZAH! This is a close est. of my numbers today since we are going to the stinking rose. Not sure as we are going tonight but wanted to get an idea ahead of time. I am glad I did the LizR plan to off set this haha. perhaps I will try to do it another day this weekend.
1,634= cals 44.5= fat 87.5= carbs 91.5= protein
Now things might change if I decide to have dessert!

Wow, that is not bad at all!!! Your carbs and fat are still low...and your protein is still pretty high. Awesome! What are you having at the Stinkin' Rose? I love that name ;)

Kristikins
07-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I agree..."Stinking Rose"...way cute name..I bet it's a quaint bistro...am I right??? Yeah...and what will you be having from the Stinking Rose missy??

Ok, so I know Liz posted her plan eons ago - and I didn't write it down...so will someone PLEASE post it again..I have a feeling I will need to do it a little bit when I get back from vacation!

Kelly - what DS game (s) do you love??? I'm diggin on that classic game one - TONS to choose from...but I think I'd enjoy the Brain Teaser ones too - or they might just make me mad... :)

MutableParadox
07-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Stats for today: Subject to change but most likely not.

Calories: 1,050 Net Carbs: 55 (72) Fat: 39 Protein: 95

The number in parenthesis are the true amount of carbs.

@Kristikins - I love the brain games, I have a few of them! They can be frustrating sometimes. I have Cake Mania and another cooking one. Just a lot of silly games, haha! and Mario Bros of course.

I am on my 4 day weekend! I am so happy and relaxed now!

Also, day 4 of no smoking, and guess what?! I still don't miss it!

queenofoz
07-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Queen - "wise one" huh...I'll take that...if you're talking to me anyway...Any idea on how many calories you are eating? That would be my first guess - that you're not eating enough! When I let my Doc look over the WS plan, she said I could even eat up to the 1200 cals (on the hungrier days) and still see a good loss - if you're not eating enough, your body can't burn it off! And it's not just the amount of cals you're eating, sometimes it's WHAT you're eating!! Keep a log of your intake for a few days and post it here...we'll take a gander at it maybe we'll see a red flag somewhere!!

Hooty Hooty Hoot it's THURSDAY :D!!! I'm only working 1/2 day tomorrow so I can ge my house cleaned and get all packed up for our TRIP!!!

Kristi--I have been keeping track on the medifast site tsflsupportinmotion everyday but it does not show me the carbs, just the calories, that I can see.
I just now joined fitday but don't see them having the medifast meals in there so not sure I am up to logging in the info on every meal item- need to see about having time to do that. Suggestions welcome.

I do know I am eating between 930-1000 a day. I don't ever skip any of the 5/1 meals but don't ever cheat either.

Porkchop- is there an easier way to do fitday or is there an advantage to paying for the fitday membership. My time is so limited during the day. I normally log online to chat around 9- 10pm or later when I am done with work, dinner etc.

jyoyo78
07-02-2010, 02:37 AM
queen....I use thedailyplate.com I think it's called livestrong.com now. You can track your food intake there as well. They have a lot of medifast and wonderslim products already in there...so far I've been able to find everything I've eaten. Usually the only thing I have to add myself is if I make a recipe and want to know all the nutrition facts. Hope that helps....oh...and it's free too :o)

LisaElevated
07-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Cals: 1,108 Carbs: 117 Fat: 22 Protein: 117
Fiber: 19

Woo. I am a little worried about being consistently below 1200, sure not by much, but it has been beaten into my head that going below 1200 is bad for the metabolism, but my nutrients seem to be great, so I will just see how this week goes and not obsess... too much!

dranaeli
07-02-2010, 03:28 PM
(sorry long post)
Hi ladies glad to see you are all doing well
I guess i am doing alright i was down 2lbs for this past week which makes it like 9 lbs in three weeks which is great but tom is right around the corner and had a bad day yesterday although I have recovered by doing the liz plan
but here is my next obstacle i will be traveling this weekend and just to give you some background info i have 4 kids my husband and my sister that will be traveling by car and staying over a hotel so that will make it a little more diffcult for me to stay on plan. I think i will be aiming for staying under1200 calories and mostly getting my calories from protein
for example
eggs for breakfast
protien bars
maybe a sandwich for lunch on low carb bread
no matter how i look it i am just going to try to make the best of this weekend and know that when i get home i will be doing the liz plan

jyoyo78
07-02-2010, 03:35 PM
good job on the weightloss dran...any loss is a great loss as far as I'm concerned :o) I have faith in you...you'll make it through the weekend travelling...just keep your head up and your eye on the prize...skinny pants!! lol

Speaking of the Liz plan....where is that lady!! Haven't seen her post in a while :( A lot of people seem to post a lot...then sort of disappear....boo!!

Kristikins
07-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Yoyo - I'm w/ you, missin Liz...and Cat too...

Kelly - I LOVE the Dirty Dancing thing on your post..it's my all time favorite movie! My wonderful hubby surprised me with a trip in 2007 to Mountain Lake in Pembroke VA to see where the outside of the movie was filmed! They had a DD weekend, so we played DD trivia, took a DD tour, got to see Patricks door of the room he stayed in while filming (ahhhh Patrick!!!) and we stayed in the same room as "Vivian" the skanky old lady who kept making moves on P...It was an awesome weekend!! I also have a corner in my craft room dedicated to DD - BIG framed movie posters, etc...yep...I love that movie!!

Lisa - I think under 1200 is ok, so long as you're not feeling hungry, cause then comes binging!!

Ok - yall ignored me...anyone care to post the Liz plan for me? I know I'll need that when I get back from vacation...Oh...btw...I'm officially on vaca right now! Yep as of noon today!! WOOT WOOT!!! We are leaving before daylight tomorrow morning!!

jyoyo78
07-02-2010, 04:28 PM
I'd have to look again...but I'm pretty positive it was 9 shakes a day. I think she worked in a bar and a swapped out a shake for a veggie joe too. So I guess that would be 8 shakes, 1 bar and one veggie joe :D I'll see if I can find where I actually saved that info! lol

jyoyo78
07-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Here's was Liz posted a few forums ago :)

The plan is from the New Lifestyle Diet program which uses the same shakes as WS. They say that if you want a liquid only diet you should have at least 9 shakes a day. I replaced some of the shakes with bars for variety and taste.

jyoyo78
07-02-2010, 05:06 PM
So...since I hate the eggs on WS cause they're nasty...and so are the MF ones for that matter :D I've been eating egg starts that I get at Costco...so yummy mixed with a laughing cow cheese wedge! Egg starts are 30 cals and 6g of protein. I usually have two or three servings...they are WAY better than the WS or MF ones!! Also...if any of you have a Kroger or Fred Meyer nearby....they have yogurt...it's called Carb Master and it comes in a few different flavors. 80 calories, 1.5g fat, 3g Net Carb and 12g of Protein!!! Talk about a protein punch!! Woot!! I like eating those for a snack or sometimes with my afternoon or night time meal...yum!

Just a little info there for ya ;)

LisaElevated
07-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks jyoyo! That stuff comes in handy for my maintenance file and those days where I just want to EAT! :cbg::m::jeno::hun:

It's good to remember that there are foods out there that are "us" friendly!

jyoyo78
07-02-2010, 06:34 PM
"us" friendly...love it!

dranaeli
07-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Thank you jyoyo for encouargement i am positive i could get through this weekend and even if i dont lose or gain a bit i will e alright because i am commited to WS

Nmont320
07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Hey everyone! I just ordered wonderslim the 4week program. I am a fatty and gotta kick start my weight loss! I should be recieving it on july 10th :) I can't wait!

MutableParadox
07-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Hey everyone! I just ordered wonderslim the 4week program. I am a fatty and gotta kick start my weight loss! I should be recieving it on july 10th :) I can't wait!

Welcome to the fun! I hope you like it. :carrot:

Daily Stats:

Calories: 1,085 Carbs: 69 (80) Fat: 35 Protein: 112

Day 6 of 14: Sucess!

Day 5 of forever: No cravings! woot!

Exercise: 90 out of 120 minutes for the week. I will be finishing up tomorrow! ^_^

queenofoz
07-02-2010, 11:11 PM
queen....I use thedailyplate.com I think it's called livestrong.com now. You can track your food intake there as well. They have a lot of medifast and wonderslim products already in there...so far I've been able to find everything I've eaten. Usually the only thing I have to add myself is if I make a recipe and want to know all the nutrition facts. Hope that helps....oh...and it's free too :o)

I will try that one out thanx!

jyoyo78
07-03-2010, 01:57 AM

Welcome!!! Can't wait to start sharing your journey with you! :) Let the weight loss begin!

MutableParadox
07-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Daily Stats:

Calories: 922 Carbs: 57 (71) Fat: 30 Protein: 105

Didn't feel like eating today, too hot.

Exercise: 30 minutes making that 120min out of 120min for the week!

Day 7 of 14: Success! Week 1 is DONE! 100% On Plan!

Day 6 of Forever: Still no smoking. Cravings hit a bit hard today. That is probably another reason I did not eat as much I was too fixated on wanting to smoke.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend! Hopefully there won't be too many stories of binging on yummy BBQ foods. I know I will have to be careful tomorrow going over my Mother's house for BBQ. I want that manicure and pedicure though so I will be on plan!!!

Good night all!

jeanelld
07-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey ladies. I haven't been on since page three (computer troubles at home and too busy at work this week to post) but just know that I am still around and have been reading the post.

I changed my weigh-in day to Mondays so I'm waiting until then to change my ticker.

I hope that everyone has a great holiday weekend :>.

Porkchop69
07-03-2010, 09:52 PM
OK, sorry I have been away from the computer.
Queen I do not subscribe to fit day but you can look at my journal it is to the left of my post. I built in the WS products (you only have to do it once then it is easy peasy).
The stinking rose is a place where they make EVERYTHING with garlic even icecream! I had halibut with lemon garlic caper sauce. It came with pasta (not very much). I did pretty well and stuck pretty much with the plan.
Yesterday I spend the day in Half Moon Bay... I didn't plan on being gone all day so I was going to have my lean and green at lunch (I did really well and had a crab louie) then at dinner I caved and had fish and chips and 2 small beers. I am ok with it. because I was really careful and did not go overboard.
Today I am doing the lizR plan because tomorrow is BBQ! I will make it a lean and green and have no fruit to make up for the extra veggies (ie corn) I will be on plan haha! I hope you all have a great fourth!

Porkchop69
07-03-2010, 10:04 PM
OK so while I was putting in my food for yest. I forgot I had a ginger ale... I felt ill earlier and I was stranded at the beach. So it hurt me more then the fish and chips ARGHH. here is yest. number
1,641= Cals 51.9= fat 141.5= carbs 104.5= protein
today's numbers are on lizR
950= cals 16.5= fat 74.0= carbs 130.0= protein.

Kristikins
07-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Yoyo- Thanks for posting the Liz plan! I may need it when I get back home! I've done pretty well today, and we were traveling!! YAY ME! And the family stopped at the Golden Arches for breakfast and Wendy's for lunch - I had shakes and bars - and cheated a little bit - had granola bar too...not too bad though!

Yall have a great 4th!!

MutableParadox
07-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Weigh in Day!

-4.2lbs! Woot! Back on track! Now I have to battle the BBQ boss but this is great motivation not to cheat!

mollymai
07-04-2010, 01:33 PM
good job on the weightloss dran...any loss is a great loss as far as I'm concerned :o) I have faith in you...you'll make it through the weekend travelling...just keep your head up and your eye on the prize...skinny pants!! lol

Speaking of the Liz plan....where is that lady!! Haven't seen her post in a while :( A lot of people seem to post a lot...then sort of disappear....boo!!

A lot of people have come and gone from this thread :(. But you all are doing great on the WS program. I started the thread after looking for some info on WS and wanted to read success stories from the program, because they do not have there own message board. I had to stop using WS because I could no longer afford it, but I still come back to the thread and to check to see how everyone's doing on the program, because one day I plan on restarting the program.

I am just so happy to see you all keep this thread going and support each ohter. Keep up the good work.:carrot:

Porkchop69
07-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Wow Paradox! 4.2 lbs. I am very proud of you!
I am not sure what the scale will do to me on Tues. Due to my two time eating out and then the bbq today. I have tried to off set it by using the LizR plan. Only time will tell. Have a great 4th everyone. Here are my numbers that I plan on doing today, not the greatest but a heck of a lot better then any other 4th of July I have had.
1,485= cals 62.6= fat 62.7= cabs 88.0= protein

MutableParadox
07-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow Paradox! 4.2 lbs. I am very proud of you!
I am not sure what the scale will do to me on Tues. Due to my two time eating out and then the bbq today. I have tried to off set it by using the LizR plan. Only time will tell. Have a great 4th everyone. Here are my numbers that I plan on doing today, not the greatest but a heck of a lot better then any other 4th of July I have had.
1,485= cals 62.6= fat 62.7= cabs 88.0= protein

Thanks. I'm sure everything will even out for you! You've been doing great!

Daily Stats:

Calories: 1,027 Carbs: 84 (86) Fat: 56 Protein: 47

Totally not enough protein and far too many carbs, but for me I am happy. I had a cheeseburger and some chips. I did not even have soda! It was hard today, but I came out pretty well for once. I am counting this as on plan even though the numbers were off a bit. I didn't binge and I was in control and knew what I was going to eat even though I didn't even know I was going out for a BBQ until last night, haha.

Exercise: 1.5 hours swimming in the pool. Well, being active in the pool. ^_^

Waterwoman64
07-04-2010, 11:21 PM
First of all, welcome to our newbie, Nmont! This is such a great place to share your triumphs, sorrows, etc. A wonderful group of people who are going through the same things together.
Kelly o- Great work and congrats on your loss....staying 100% for a full week is a victory in itself!
Mollymai - we all thank you so much for having begun this thread! Lots of people have come and gone, but you still remain faithful to it. Look forward to the day when you can be back on WS, but you know of course you can do other things in the meantime and we will still support you!
LisaE- thanks for your tips on measuring...was very helpful. Also, remember the tip about the SF orange jello added to the vanilla for an orange smoothie.
Draenele (sp?I) - good job to you on your weigh inn too!
Jyoyo - agree totally with you about the WS eggs! I have decided to just use the real thing. Thanks for your yogurt tip!
QueenO- I have read that it is just as bad to eat too few calories as it is to overdo. Don't be afraid...am learning that we learn as we go and do what works for each of us. But do remember even on Biggest Loser that they also harp on the contestants about getting their calories in.
Jeannelld - Happy 4th to you...glad your computer is back on line and you are back on track!
Kristikins - am sure you are having a great trip.....good job on keeping aware of what is going into the mouth. It all helps and also is good not to be too hard on yourself when you are on vacation.

Porkchop69
07-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Well, I hope everyone had a great 4th. the holidays are really hard for me as well as vacations. I did go off plan a little but I was very aware of what I was choosing to eat. Instead of letting the food choose me. My plan is to do the LizR today, but I have given myself the "out" to change my mind. I am not sure what weigh in will do tomorrow but I will be happy if I just didn't gain.
Keep up the good work everyone!

MutableParadox
07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Well, another surprise outing. These are getting annoying, but should be quiet the rest of the week. I still was in control of my eating so no worries. Stats still aren't quite there but I am still considering it an okay day and will count toward my 14 day goal of OP eating. I am happy that I can eat some "normal" meals with out sending my calories sky high by making the right choices!

Day 9 Stats
Calories: 1,142 Carbs: 89 (102) Fat: 62 Protein: 53

Day 8: Still no smoking and another crave free day.

5 more days until 14 days of binge/guilt free eating. Not that I will stop after 14 days but I probably will challenge myself to another 14! Haha!

I hope everyone had a great holiday. I know I am so sad to see my 4 day weekend go byebye. It's ridiculous how fast that went =(

Porkchop69
07-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Paradox. you go girl!
here are my stats.
1,206= cals 55.0= Fat 52.8= carbs WOO HOO 125.0= protein.

Waterwoman64
07-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Looks pretty quiet around here today.....everyone must still be on the long weekend. I had my weigh in this a.m. and am down another 3#s! Yippee! Also tried the SF Orange Jello in my vanilla shake this afternoon (with lots of ice, as always & blended) ...........really yummy!
Also wanted to share my new 'exercise' that I read about somewhere a couple of months ago. Am now using one of the big exercise balls in place of my desk chair at the computer. It is supposed to strenghthen your core. Don't know, but have had it for a month now and haven't fallen off the ball yet anyway!

LisaElevated
07-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Waterwoman: I LOVE my ball!
I can't use it at work, as they frown upon anything that looks "unprofessional" but I use it at home and have a ton of workouts for it. It's really great for light strength training.
If you need exercise ideas for it, check out sparkpeople.com. There is a fitness section on the website that has a ton of free videos and they have a lot for the ball.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, looks like Mutable had a great loss! Congrats!
I was horrible with my plan this weekend, and it being TOM didn't help.
Ugh. I have to stop this bad habit of going nuts on the weekend when I am out of my usual schedule.
I need to make a weekend schedule for myself but at the same time, I relesh in the freedom of not having a schedule on the weekends, since my daily stuff is so super structured. But I sabotage every weekend and then spend the first half of the week dreading my weigh-in. Grr. If only frustration were enough motivation!

LisaElevated
07-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Waterwoman: YAY!!! 3#'s!!
Woot go girl!
I am so proud of everyone. All you ladies losing weight and quiting smoking and getting exercise in!
I needed that pick me up.. I shouldn't have any excuses, you are all doing great and I am just being a baby! So thanks for the motivational kick in the rear!
Who knew being a loser would feel so good! ha!

LisaElevated
07-05-2010, 11:47 PM
I think I am going to take a Kelly challenge! Only smaller, so I don't pysch myself out!
7 days of ON PLAN eating. Tuesday to Tuesday. No soda sips, no "just one bites"!
I need the discipline!

MutableParadox
07-06-2010, 12:50 AM
I think I am going to take a Kelly challenge! Only smaller, so I don't pysch myself out!
7 days of ON PLAN eating. Tuesday to Tuesday. No soda sips, no "just one bites"!
I need the discipline!

Yea, I have trouble with the "just one bite" thing. 4 bites later and I am 200 calories more than I wanted to be. Soda is also a very difficult thing for me. I think it was harder to give up soda than smoking. I drink diet as a treat for when I really am craving a soda.

I know you can do it. Post here often!

The last couple days were not ideal, but I am ready for the rest of the week! Good night all.

Porkchop69
07-06-2010, 01:12 AM
WaterWoman WOW 3 lbs!!!! I am proud and happy for you!
Well I ate 3 hand fulls of mini marshmellows... It wasn't even anything good! weigh in is tomorrow.
I may do a kelly challenge myself....

losingitbaby
07-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Hey ladies,
Had an off couple of days (week+) dealing with some depression issues and raging hormones that made me a sobbing mess lol. I have also been binging a lot in what I call the "not eat, STUFF everything in sight" diet. This delusional motivation is that I already ruined the day so I might as well let the rest of it landslide as well. I think I ate 2+ meals out everyday. Not good.

So my goal is now not to be perfect, but to be controlled. Meaning, if I eat something extremely carby, it's cool. Eating carbs is not what made me this size. It's the eating out of control and binging all over myself.

That being said, my plan is still very controlled, low carb. I will use the shakes as much as possible, but I will also allow lots of low carb foods (cause drinking too many shakes will make anyone go crazzzzy).

Today I've already had two shakes and plan to have two more at work and a bar for lunch. This evening I am going to cook something delicious (excited just thinking about something low-carb and on plan- much more fulfilling than what I would pick up on the way home).

I've also had three of my water bottles which is making me run to the bathroom all morning haha. I'm adding some fun to my day though by doing wall push-ups and squats in the stall lol. Just think, I've already been to the bathroom 3 times and I've done 20 push-ups each time (total 60) and 10 squats (total 30) so it's adding up!!!

Here's my challenge for everyone:

If you're drinking your water and pounding those shakes then I know you have time to do this challenge:

The Go Wheeee! Challenge :P

Do 10 push-ups and 10 squats (modify the number or move based on your fitness/physical level) everytime you take a bathroom break. Add it up at the end of the day and go "wheeee" haha :P

MutableParadox
07-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Hey ladies,
Had an off couple of days (week+) dealing with some depression issues and raging hormones that made me a sobbing mess lol. I have also been binging a lot in what I call the "not eat, STUFF everything in sight" diet. This delusional motivation is that I already ruined the day so I might as well let the rest of it landslide as well. I think I ate 2+ meals out everyday. Not good.

So my goal is now not to be perfect, but to be controlled. Meaning, if I eat something extremely carby, it's cool. Eating carbs is not what made me this size. It's the eating out of control and binging all over myself.

That being said, my plan is still very controlled, low carb. I will use the shakes as much as possible, but I will also allow lots of low carb foods (cause drinking too many shakes will make anyone go crazzzzy).

Today I've already had two shakes and plan to have two more at work and a bar for lunch. This evening I am going to cook something delicious (excited just thinking about something low-carb and on plan- much more fulfilling than what I would pick up on the way home).

I've also had three of my water bottles which is making me run to the bathroom all morning haha. I'm adding some fun to my day though by doing wall push-ups and squats in the stall lol. Just think, I've already been to the bathroom 3 times and I've done 20 push-ups each time (total 60) and 10 squats (total 30) so it's adding up!!!

Here's my challenge for everyone:

If you're drinking your water and pounding those shakes then I know you have time to do this challenge:

The Go Wheeee! Challenge :P

Do 10 push-ups and 10 squats (modify the number or move based on your fitness/physical level) everytime you take a bathroom break. Add it up at the end of the day and go "wheeee" haha :P

I can relate to the depression issues and hormone issues too unfortunately. I understand that can be debilitating. It was not until I got my depression under control that I was fully able to tackle eating better. I hope you find some resolve soon.

That is great that you are back and ready to be on plan. I like that your goals seem very realistic. I know you can do it and we are all here for you.

Thanks for the challenge that is an interesting one! I think I will accept that challenge! I am at work all day and the bathroom does not leave room for real push ups. So for those opposed to doing regular push-ups. Do these instead! Close-Arm Wall Pushups (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=108) I'll let you know how it goes by the end of the day!

Porkchop69
07-06-2010, 01:45 PM
I am in on the challenge haha! What a fun idea!

Porkchop69
07-06-2010, 02:08 PM
What is the difference between WS and Ideal Protein?

Porkchop69
07-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Just checking to see if my ticker works! Hopfully I will be able to move it down after I weigh in today.

LisaElevated
07-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Losingitbaby, sorry to hear about the hormones etc, glad you are back!
I fully accept that challenge, but in the air of fairness... I do that already!
I also do standing ab exercises and leg lifts and lunges!
I whee a lot!

MutableParadox
07-06-2010, 03:40 PM
I think the WS Chocolate shakes are still my favorite. Although, I had to have two shakes together the other day and I mixed the strawberry and chocolate one...that actually turned out good.

Anyone use that little blender...what's it called...bullet? haha something like that. I need something small. I had a big one but I never used it bc it was a lot of cleanup and way too noisy for the morning.

So besides syrups and stuff, does anyone mix anything else into their drinks? Perhaps this has been done before but I am way too lazy to go searching. Sorry!

Today is going well. Although, sometimes the protein taste gets to me. Anyone else bothered by it? I assume it's the protein since I can discern this taste from all the different brands and that is the common denominator.

I wish I didn't have to eat at all, haha.

Hope everyone else is doing okay today. It feels like a Monday, hah.

Porkchop69
07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Kelly I have the opposite problem... I want to eat all the time haha! I don't know why, maybe PMS but I am hungry!!!! I have had 2 shakes and a bar this morning and I am still hungry! But I have been doning my push ups and squats when I go to the bathroom. What a great challange.

I sometimes put sf jello in my shakes.

LisaElevated
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
KELLY:
I will mix my fruit serving in with the berry yogurt shakes occasionally. But other than that, just instant coffee, benefiber and syrups!

There is a chalky aftertaste in the berry flavors, but that's all I can tell. Now that I am using the raspberry syrup, I actually like the shakes versus just dealing with them!

And I totally know what you mean about not wanting to eat! Wouldn't things be so much easier! Save time, money and weight! I have a friend who said she wishes you could just a take a food pill, willy wonka style, when you are hungry and get all the nutrients you need.
Mmmm, chicken parmesan pill!

LisaElevated
07-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Stats:

Cals: 1,061 Carbs: 94 Fats: 31 Protein: 110

Not bad, now if only it will stay that way, and we don't get any surprises around dinner. That always seems to happen, either we will get a visitor, have to do some errands, forget to thaw something, hunny won't want what we were going to have... blah blah blah. Tonight we are sticking to the menu I made!

MutableParadox
07-06-2010, 04:14 PM
I will have to try the SF jello.

I would gladly take a pill and be done with it. This is exhausting sometimes. I hope when I find myself a partner in life that he cooks. xD

Meh. I think I am whiny now that I am back to work after a glorious 4 day weekend, haha!

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been doing my standing push ups and squats too!

harvester
07-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Weighed in this morning since we didn't get back from camping until yesterday afternoon.
I'm thrilled to say I'm below my first goal!! I was surprised because I've been eating so much stuff off plan including cake, brownies, ribs, burgers, and chips. I did try not to go overboard, but at the same time I didn't want to feel deprived while everyone else was enjoying the goodies.
What probably helped is how active we were. I went jogging two mornings (which was nice since the trail went through the woods and I got to see several deer), went on a 20 (yes 20!) mile bike ride one morning, and I was out on the water for three days straight. I even learned to knee board. I plan to master wakeboarding next.
I'm a bit sore, but I'm not worn out. I even went running this morning. I did so well on the bike ride that I plan to do that more. I think I'm going to ride tomorrow morning instead of run.
Anyway, now I have to come up with a new goal. I'd like to lose at least 5 more pounds before we go to Florida on the 28th.

harvester
07-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Also, day 4 of no smoking, and guess what?! I still don't miss it!

That's awesome! :carrot:

Porkchop69
07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Harvester I am glad to hear you had a good time and you are below your first goal! Woot.
I on the other hand have gained the last 3 lbs I lost. I am really stressed today and ate a few chips to boot. arghhh. Tomorrow I am on plan for the next 7 days.

Waterwoman64
07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
LisaE-Thanks for the sparkpeople.com website for the ball.......I really do like sitting on it at the computer! Good luck on your Tue.toTue. challenge - you can do it one day at a time.
Kelly - Wow! Soda over cigs - I could never have done that! With all the shakes and water during the day anymore, it seems like there is seldom time to fit anything else in to drink! However, I do manage 2-3 coffees between 6-8 a.m. Probably feel the way you do about soda about my coffee. Also, the blender is a Magic Bullet - I love mine even tho it is a little noisy. My daughter has a mini Cuisinart that is not so loud, but then you have to pour the stuff into a cup to drink it.
PChop- dang...at least next time take a handful of Pnut M&M's or something worth it...ha!
Katie - thanks for the challenge - and Kelly for giving us the demo. for wall push ups as I did not know what they were. Can just see myself trying it on the stall door and having it come unlatched! One thing about those bathroom trips is that I picture eliminating fat each time 'cause I think that is where it goes when it is leaving us!
Harvester - great job on reaching your goal! AND all that great exercise that you made sound like fun instead of exercise!

fropvd
07-06-2010, 11:48 PM
HI everyone! I'm on New Lifestyle instead of Wonderslim, but my understanding is that the shakes are pretty much the same. I've been doing well, and am down 18 pounds in the first month. Right now I'm battling PMS cravings though. I'm wanting chocolate...not a chocolate shake, but real rich chocolate that is silky in texture as it melts in your mouth. I also want cashews and corn chips. Its a good thing we don't have any of those in the house! I'm SO close to being under 220 again, and I want that really badly!

Porkchop69
07-07-2010, 01:25 AM
Welcome Fro!
here are my numbers including the potato chip slide.
1,407= cals 61.2= fat 73.5= carbs 121.4= protein

LisaElevated
07-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Stats:
Cals: 1,199 Carbs: 105 Fat: 37 Protein: 119

I'm even having blue cheese dressing with my salad. Yum-o!

Wow, Harvester, Good job! I can't even do 5 miles on my bike before my backside goes numb!

MutableParadox
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
UGH! Fail. I failed. This week has been full of utter failure. It started with chips on the 4th. I was fine though. Monday we went to the roadhouse. I tried to write that off but no that was worse than I wanted it to be. Last night was full of chocolate chocolate chocolate. Today? Taco Bell and Chocolate and Soda.

Not smoking really got to me this week. I have stayed strong with that though. I am proud of that much. The stress of the week also made it hard. I need to learn better techniques. I've been exercising, but I should gain this week.

Sorry to let you and myself down. I, however, am not done! I do think though I will change my challenges to 7 days each. Perhaps the shorter the better. I thought 14 days was short until I got here. Haha!

I will be trying to do all shakes Thursday - Friday - Saturday and depending on my weight Sunday. I'm not punishing myself. I am trying to get rid of the cravings especially in such an early stage of smoke cessation.

Sorry I haven't been around. It would seem I wasn't ready to come clean until now. Here's to better choices! Grats to all the ones staying OP! I know it's not easy! We can do it!

jyoyo78
07-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Okay, I've been lurking, but now that Kelly has come clean, I feel like I need to come clean too. I have GAINED 6 pounds!! I'm so utterly disgusted with myself. I completely and knowingly binged pretty much all weekend. It started with the all you can eat buffet on Friday night, then eating total crap and a party on Saturday...and drinking whatever. Then Sunday morning went to a breakfast buffet. Then Sunday afternoon and evening drank and ate whatever the heck I wanted at another party.

Why in the world do I do this to myself. I'm beginning to think it's more than just thinking certain foods taste good...or having cravings....or whatever. I'm beginning to wonder if I need a Jillian Michaels type person in my life to kick my frickin' butt!! Getting on the scale this morning I knew would be SO bad!! But then to actually get on and see that I've gained back 6 lbs in the last two weeks was mortifying!! Especially since I have a weight loss partner and she is totally kicking butt....and here I am gaining....ugh!!!

And to boot....I threw out my back yesterday....I can hardly even walk, nevermind being able to exercise. Double ugh!!!

Okay...enough of the pity party. I need to set small attainable goals. I love the WHHHEEEEE idea....lol. We have a big ADA stall in our restroom at work, I could totally hang onto the bar and do my "push ups". I'll try sitting on my exercise ball at home when I'm just sitting on my butt watching tv...no reason I can't do some exercises on that thing while I watch Biggest Loser!! lol Also, I like Kelly's idea of the short term goals for eating OP.

So....here we go...I ain't waiting for Monday either...this is starting today!! Okay...tomorrow actually since today is like over ;)

Thanks for the support ladies and Kelly....thanks for coming clean so that I felt the need to come clean...I feel a little liberated now. Hopefully I won't feel so darn jealous of all you awesome chicks out there that have it together and keep losing loads of weight ;) Keep it up!!!

MutableParadox
07-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Okay, I've been lurking, but now that Kelly has come clean, I feel like I need to come clean too. I have GAINED 6 pounds!! I'm so utterly disgusted with myself. I completely and knowingly binged pretty much all weekend. It started with the all you can eat buffet on Friday night, then eating total crap and a party on Saturday...and drinking whatever. Then Sunday morning went to a breakfast buffet. Then Sunday afternoon and evening drank and ate whatever the heck I wanted at another party.

Why in the world do I do this to myself. I'm beginning to think it's more than just thinking certain foods taste good...or having cravings....or whatever. I'm beginning to wonder if I need a Jillian Michaels type person in my life to kick my frickin' butt!! Getting on the scale this morning I knew would be SO bad!! But then to actually get on and see that I've gained back 6 lbs in the last two weeks was mortifying!! Especially since I have a weight loss partner and she is totally kicking butt....and here I am gaining....ugh!!!

And to boot....I threw out my back yesterday....I can hardly even walk, nevermind being able to exercise. Double ugh!!!

Okay...enough of the pity party. I need to set small attainable goals. I love the WHHHEEEEE idea....lol. We have a big ADA stall in our restroom at work, I could totally hang onto the bar and do my "push ups". I'll try sitting on my exercise ball at home when I'm just sitting on my butt watching tv...no reason I can't do some exercises on that thing while I watch Biggest Loser!! lol Also, I like Kelly's idea of the short term goals for eating OP.

So....here we go...I ain't waiting for Monday either...this is starting today!! Okay...tomorrow actually since today is like over ;)

Thanks for the support ladies and Kelly....thanks for coming clean so that I felt the need to come clean...I feel a little liberated now. Hopefully I won't feel so darn jealous of all you awesome chicks out there that have it together and keep losing loads of weight ;) Keep it up!!!

Haha! You can always tell when things get a bit rough. We are all quiet! I just was hoping that if I fessed up that would be the first step to getting back on track. Right now my goal is getting through Thurs-Sat with just doing shakes/bars. I also need to realize that I have triggers. Chips is a HUGE one. I should not eat chips for a long long time. Good luck and thanks for joining me in the pity party I needed the company. ...Anyone else? xD

Waterwoman64
07-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Hey girls - I believe that you two are so brave to have 'fessed up' and that alot of the people that were posting back in April-May that have entirely disappeared fell off the wagon. Would hate to see you guys just disappear too! Am so glad that you have decided to just jump back in and recommit to your original plan. For the next few days it will be 'detox' though...
I have done the same thing in the past too, and holidays seem to be the worst. The time of the year that usually gets me the worst are the Nov through January. It is a shame that all the holidays and celebrations seem to be focused around food! Or is it that I am so sensitive to the lure of the food, the comfort I get from it that I just want to eat it all! There are other people out there that are skinny and don't seem to obsess over food like I do. That's what I want to change about myself this time around and am going to work on these issues the best I can until I reach goal and will hopefully be able to handle myself and trust myself again some day. Then if there are chips (a trigger for me too) around the house for someone else, I won't have to go after them like a rabid dog.......until then, I have to keep them out of the house.
Again.......thank you Kelly & Jyoyo for not quitting on us or doing the disappearing act.

Porkchop69
07-08-2010, 01:36 AM
So much for staying on the wagon today. I cooked a big dinner for 25 people and I just didn't get my shakes in so I ate the dinner. I didn't do too bad. Here are my numbers and here is to a day on plan tomorrow. Girls we can do this I think if we come clean to each other and post it will keep us more on the straight and narrow. Good luck tomorrow!
1,202= cals 43.9= fat 107.4= carbs 93.5= protein

jyoyo78
07-08-2010, 03:38 AM
I agree...coming clean felt good. And I, like some others...have the same binge trigger...stupid chips anyway....who needs 'em!!! ugh!

Here's to a fantastic OP day tomorrow!

LisaElevated
07-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Weigh in day!

SW: 201
LW: 188.6
CW: 187.8

Loss: -0.8

I also fell off the wagon last night! Spaghetti and italian bread for dinner and a peanut butter rice crispy for dessert! I didn't even bother to change my end of the day stats. I may have had a much better weigh in this morning if not for my dinner freak out! We had a late night and I didn't want to cook and spaghetti is my mans fave, so I just caved. Quick, easy, done and cleaned up within 15 minutes.
At least we did go for a 40 minute hike yesterday! I sort of tricked myself into thinking, well, I need the carbs after that workout, but really, I needed it BEFORE and protein AFTER.
Sigh.

MutableParadox
07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
My stomach is so angry at me today that I haven't eaten yet. I guess I like to learn the hard way, haha.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Update: My boss is trying to kill me. She decides today she is taking off the rest of the day and tomorrow. Dumps her work on my desk and I am left to figure it all out. This is in addition to not next week but the week after where I am left here to open and close everyday with no breaks by myself. I'm trying really hard to be calm about this, but it's stressful. I am doing good today. I've stuck to just shakes and I might just go home and sleep so that I don't need to think about anything, haha. >_<

jyoyo78
07-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Update: My boss is trying to kill me. She decides today she is taking off the rest of the day and tomorrow. Dumps her work on my desk and I am left to figure it all out. This is in addition to not next week but the week after where I am left here to open and close everyday with no breaks by myself. I'm trying really hard to be calm about this, but it's stressful. I am doing good today. I've stuck to just shakes and I might just go home and sleep so that I don't need to think about anything, haha. >_<

Sleeping is SO fun!!! I LOVE sleeping!! Talk about a great mood adjuster! ;)

Porkchop69
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
I have thought about just going to sleep until my PMS passes haha... I am soooo hungry for chips! I am eating celery and low fat ranch. *sigh* I find myself getting more hungry maybe it is my metabolism working (and I have not had that in so long). Do you eat your Lean and green for dinner or lunch? I am thinking I may feel better if I eat it at lunch and not get so hungry and then fall off the wagon.

MutableParadox
07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
I have thought about just going to sleep until my PMS passes haha... I am soooo hungry for chips! I am eating celery and low fat ranch. *sigh* I find myself getting more hungry maybe it is my metabolism working (and I have not had that in so long). Do you eat your Lean and green for dinner or lunch? I am thinking I may feel better if I eat it at lunch and not get so hungry and then fall off the wagon.

I eat my meal at dinner bc that is only when I have time to enjoy it. Although I've had it for breakfast or lunch before. I say try it and see what happens. :dizzy:

dranaeli
07-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Congratulations to paradox and waterwoman on their weight loss

so i was pretty good on the drive to dc which is about 6 hrs from w salem nc

but the drive home i wa not and it all ewent down hill from there on top of everything i am pms and i am exccesively hungry but i am proud to say that i have been on plan yesterday and today so ladies lets all get back on the diet the holiday is now over

i would love to join the bathroom challenge

nurse2be
07-08-2010, 07:26 PM
quick question which I'm sure I can find a quick answer too but rather ask you guys....does Wonderslim have any ready-made shakes??? I am currently on all MF products. TIA and keep up the good work!

MutableParadox
07-08-2010, 09:06 PM
quick question which I'm sure I can find a quick answer too but rather ask you guys....does Wonderslim have any ready-made shakes??? I am currently on all MF products. TIA and keep up the good work!

WonderSlim as a brand has Pro to Go (http://www.dietdirect.com/pro-to-go-protein-drinks.html) It's powder in a light plastic bottle. Fill up the bottle and shake and it's good. That is as close as Wonderslim gets to ready-made. It's easy enough to get the blender bottle as well and pour the packets in, water, shake it up.

On the Diet Direct site there are a few pre-made drinks that are other brands. I, however, cannot recommend any of them as I have never had them. The Pro to Go ones have a lot of good and bad reviews. I think it's very subjective. I was lucky enough that I like them better than the normal pouch drinks most times.

As far as my day. I had yet another binge. It was a really stressful day as I had mentioned early. My boss completely ditched me with a whole bunch of projects. I, however, got most of them done. Since I have quit smoking I am having a really tough time adjusting to stress. I am cutting myself a break a bit for this reason, but I've come so far it's frustrating. No matter what I will continue to post here. With out you guys I don't know if I would be this far at all!

I had a thought to get everything I've been craving lately and eat it all. Make sense? Nah, but it sure did at the time. I do feel like I've got it out of my system.

Short term goal time! Tomorrow. I will get in all my shakes as scheduled even if I am not hungry at the time. (I tend to not feel hungry until it's far too late and then it's harder to control what I eat.)

I will keep on trying. The only time I can fail is if I stop trying. This is only a minor setback. Tomorrow is Friday. It will be okay and I am going to start keeping track of how long I can go with out binging!

Thanks for listening again.

spaghetticat
07-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop in and share some *go team go* spirit!
I have basically been out of ketosis since I got to Canada- due to getting VERY ill and not being able to keep anything other than crackers and jello down.
I have no idea what my weight is- no scale where I am staying, but I am guessing I have gained (eek!) like... 5 (or more???) pounds. My clothes are not happy with me, but I know some of it is just water weight/bloat.... I will know better when I am back home.

Switching off of low carb was a really bad idea for me. Eating sugar/carbs has made me sugar carb crazy. I can totally see my addictions coming out and noticing it more in other people.

However I am currently practicing portion control and trying to eat "decent". I am okay with gaining- I have learned a LOT about myself and my body, and how much it misses high protein low carb. Once I get home I will figure out what my new "plan of attack is" and share!

Hope you are all doing well! Hang in there. If you are having a great day- YAY!! You rock. If you are having a bad day- remember, you start fresh tomorrow. You CAN make tomorrow a better day- diet or not!!

Keep on fighting the good fight!! Take care >^.^<

Porkchop69
07-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Hi cat ... I wondered where you went.
Yest numbers, I did go to sleep to just not eat yest. evening... it worked! Today will be another no cheat day.
1,150= cals 35.1= fat 99.3= carbs 101.9= protein

MutableParadox
07-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi ladies! Just wanted to pop in and share some *go team go* spirit!
I have basically been out of ketosis since I got to Canada- due to getting VERY ill and not being able to keep anything other than crackers and jello down.
I have no idea what my weight is- no scale where I am staying, but I am guessing I have gained (eek!) like... 5 (or more???) pounds. My clothes are not happy with me, but I know some of it is just water weight/bloat.... I will know better when I am back home.

Switching off of low carb was a really bad idea for me. Eating sugar/carbs has made me sugar carb crazy. I can totally see my addictions coming out and noticing it more in other people.

However I am currently practicing portion control and trying to eat "decent". I am okay with gaining- I have learned a LOT about myself and my body, and how much it misses high protein low carb. Once I get home I will figure out what my new "plan of attack is" and share!

Hope you are all doing well! Hang in there. If you are having a great day- YAY!! You rock. If you are having a bad day- remember, you start fresh tomorrow. You CAN make tomorrow a better day- diet or not!!

Keep on fighting the good fight!! Take care >^.^<

I hope you feel better and things even out for ya! Miss ya!

Alrighty, today I am in a much better place. I've already had a Fiber Bar, Pro to Go, and WS Shake. Of course I have a bit more to go since I am doing an all shake/bar day. I figured if I will have one every 2 hours. I mean I love this stuff. There is no possible way to be hungry if you actually follow the plan, haha. That is the problem there. I gave myself one too many liberties. Back to basics though! I am still going to do an all shake/bar day tomorrow. See how much damage I did on my weigh in on Sunday. I am hoping for no more than 1lb gain. I would love no gain, but I really did do horribly this week. You know what though, this is not a race.

I hope everyone is getting back on track/staying on plan! No matter what keep on posting!

LisaElevated
07-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Kelly, that is too funny, we are on the same page today!

If I actually stick to my eating every 2 hours, I am not hungry, at all. In fact, I have to force down that 4oclock shake! It takes me like an hour to drink it and by then I am home and getting ready to cook dinner!

Luckily I have never had much of a night time snacking habit. Just occasionally popcorn, which really, if I get the 98% fat free kind, it's not terrible!

Here are my stats for the day!:
Cals: 1,165 Carbs: 102 Fat: 38 Protein: 111

Technically good numbers, but I am making my fiance's favorite dish tonight. Tator-tot casserole.
For those who are not familiar with that dish, it's basically a pound of ground beef (i use turkey), mixed with a can of cream of mushroom soup (fat free variety of course!) then top that with american cheese (sub fat free cheddar!) and then top with a half bag of tator tots and bake till the tots are browned.
Not a veggie in sight unless you make them on the side, which I am... snap beans and wax beans. YUM!
It's totally food stamp food and I mean that with absolutely no disrespect, I come from a pretty hard-up single parent home.
And for whatever reason, Dustin just LOVES this. I can take it or leave it.

But I do still like to know that I can eat things that aren't the most nutritionally desirable and make them better with the right substitutions! But there really is no way to get out of tator-tots!

MutableParadox
07-09-2010, 02:31 PM
My Totals for today when all is said and done will be...
Calories: 1,010 Carbs: 57 (75) Fat: 21 Protein: 150

That's 1 Bar and 9 shakes. Those numbers will be the same for tomorrow as well. Also, I am going to be doing 30 minute work out tonight and tomorrow.

Here's to being back on track! You can always tell bc I post 10 million times a day, haha! Boss is out of town today so I've been catching up with forums and such! ^_^

Porkchop69
07-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Lisa I would love some tatertot caserole! I am pmsing and it has been really hard to stay on task the last couple of days.

MutableParadox
07-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I just want tatertots. Why? I am addicted to carbs. HAHA!

Today went well. I need to get in 4 more shakes. haha I am going to do 2 shakes at 8p and 2 shakes at 10. Rinse Repeat tomorrow.

The cravings are not gone yet though. I wish I never thought about food.

ryzmom
07-09-2010, 08:35 PM
I've seen it mentioned here before but I don't know the details of the plan.

Thanks!

jyoyo78
07-10-2010, 01:57 AM
I've seen it mentioned here before but I don't know the details of the plan.

Thanks!

The LizR plan is just the liquid diet version of the diet. Rather than the 5+1+1 it's 9 shakes. I believe the original version of the diet is from the New Lifestyle Diet website. So, we call it the LizR because I believe she was either the first to bring it up....or else she was just the person who followed it the most :) According to her she did mostly shakes, but for some variety would sometimes add a bar and a Vegetarian Joe to the mix...because that's what made it work for her...hope that helps. Basically...just have 9 shakes throughout the day...no lean and grean.

MutableParadox
07-10-2010, 02:02 AM
The LizR plan is just the liquid diet version of the diet. Rather than the 5+1+1 it's 9 shakes. I believe the original version of the diet is from the New Lifestyle Diet website. So, we call it the LizR because I believe she was either the first to bring it up....or else she was just the person who followed it the most :) According to her she did mostly shakes, but for some variety would sometimes add a bar and a Vegetarian Joe to the mix...because that's what made it work for her...hope that helps. Basically...just have 9 shakes throughout the day...no lean and grean.

Yup. That is what I did today and will hopefully do tomorrow. For me it helps reset the cravings after a bad spot or helps get over a plateau. I don't do it very often though.

Goodnight!

oakfieldmama
07-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi all! I was just wondering if this is a private thread to where no one else can join? I was reading through and feel like its been me writing these! I've been in the medifast forum but no one is ever there! I've been doing hi energy for 10 weeks now. They have medifast and ws food at the office I go to, I need them for the accountability! I can't do it on my own! I go in twice a week for weigh ins. I would love to join yall! Especially for the support, I need it! Today is my youngest sons bday party and I'm trying to figure out how NOT to eat a piece of cake! I've lost 17 # In the 9 weeks but have had a set back here and there! Its not near as quick as all of you! Sorry ape rambling! I'd love to join yall though!

Kristikins
07-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Welcome Oakfield!! You are welcome to join us in here!!

Hi yall! Finally back from my vacation...what a trip! We charted 28 miles in 4 days - NOT including the inside walking we did! And it was 102 up there in DC to boot! I think I drank 15 gallons of water every day and I only pee'd 5 times the whole trip! (can you say swollen feet and ankles?? My toes looked like vienna sausages ;) ) Didn't stick to plan after day 1 (but made good choices mostly), had wi yesterday and stayed the same in pounds, but my fat % went down over 1% and my water % was up 1.5% - (all in my feet no doubt)...so I weighed again this morning - down 2 pounds! I won't make it official, but since that was my last doc wi - I will weigh in every Friday morning - I have a few days left of doc food, and already have my 12 weeks of WS organized and ready to go when I'm done with this other stuff!

Yall have been busy while I've been gone, so I just decided to pick up here and roll with it - until I have a few days to catch up!

Waterwoman64
07-10-2010, 12:12 PM
SCat- so good to see you back and sorry to hear you were so sick! It is pretty difficult to follow a strict regimen when you are away from your normal surroundings. Keep drinking your water and Thanks for the reminder that we have a choice to make our days better ones!
Oakfieldmama- Welcome!!! This is such a great group and know you will love it.......everyone shares and is open and supportive of each other.
Kristikins!- Yay!!! You are back. Good news on your loss and am sure it will be even more once that water vacates your feet! Can just picture those poor little sausage toes!
Happy weekend everyone.......I intend to attempt yardwork for my exercise this weekend, drink lots of that good 'old H2o and hope for a good weigh in on Monday.

MutableParadox
07-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi all! I was just wondering if this is a private thread to where no one else can join? I was reading through and feel like its been me writing these! I've been in the medifast forum but no one is ever there! I've been doing hi energy for 10 weeks now. They have medifast and ws food at the office I go to, I need them for the accountability! I can't do it on my own! I go in twice a week for weigh ins. I would love to join yall! Especially for the support, I need it! Today is my youngest sons bday party and I'm trying to figure out how NOT to eat a piece of cake! I've lost 17 # In the 9 weeks but have had a set back here and there! Its not near as quick as all of you! Sorry ape rambling! I'd love to join yall though!

Welcome! Anyone is welcome to join. Feel free to post as much as you want and Grats on the weight loss!

Good luck with the party. If you can, eat just a small sliver of cake. You'd be surprised at how just a tiny taste of something can make the craving go away. However, unless it is a trigger food. If you think eating a small piece of cake will cause a downward spiral then be strong and take a break to come post here, haha! Either way have fun!

I took a peek at the scale and I am up 2lbs. Yea...this was a bad week. But I have today to be extra good and see where that gets me, hehe. It's rainy here and I slept in until 11am. I hate that!

oakfieldmama
07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome!! I feel like I'm not doing as good on this as I could be! But I do have to keep reminding myself that I'm not 100 % op everyday.

PaulaM
07-10-2010, 07:46 PM
I haven't been posting cause I went to Michigan for three weeks, and Mom came back to CA with me, so I'm still eating off plan. I can tell I have gained some, things feel tighter around the bra area. She leaves Wednesday and I have ordered a new box of shakes, I'm going right back on it all. I felt better when I was eating on plan, even though I can't deny I'm enjoying eating all the bad stuff right now.

Kristikins
07-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Paula I totally know about how good the forbidden food is!! But the more of it you eat, the harder it is to let it go when you do get back op...just hang in there!!

Tomorrow we are taking my Mom (in a limo) to Cheddars in a nearby town for lunch - her 65th birthday was Wed (when I was in DC)...she has NO idea what we've planned, thinks we are having lunch at my sisters house :) Soooo Cheddars will be my meal for the day and will stick with shakes the rest of the day! Maybe it won't bee too bad! Gotta look up their menu to see what looks healthy!

oakfieldmama
07-11-2010, 12:08 AM
So the party was fun. I did eat a cupcake and half of another....but felt gross and sick to my stomach after! I also ate chicken and green beans while everyone ate hot dogs and hamburgers. I did have a handful of chips and some ranch dip. Not too bad I guess. We have 3 more bday parties this month and I can almost be positive I will have no more cake! My son had a good day and that's all that matters today!

MutableParadox
07-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I am up a 1lb this week. I am blaming it on what feels like PMS, haha. It was very hard to control my cravings this week. I'm actually ok with 1lb. It'll be gone by next week. ^_^

queenofoz
07-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78
queen....I use thedailyplate.com I think it's called livestrong.com now. You can track your food intake there as well. They have a lot of medifast and wonderslim products already in there...so far I've been able to find everything I've eaten. Usually the only thing I have to add myself is if I make a recipe and want to know all the nutrition facts. Hope that helps....oh...and it's free too )
I will try that one out thanx!

Hi all,
Just got back from taking a trip for 5 days and I now going to try track my numbers better. I tried the livestrong site and that was great. It had all the medifast stuff in there and now I can add all those optional foods that I can't seem to do on the medifast website. Today was just over 5 weeks and I weighed in and lost 3.5 lbs while out of town with family, eating out and being locked in a car for 12 hours each way, so I am happy with that.
Now I can get back to catching up and posting.

Cals
Fat
37 g
Cholesterol
876 mg
Sodium
1250 mg
Carbs
92 g
Sugars
44 g
Fiber
23 g
Protein
94 g

Kristikins
07-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Oakfield - sometimes we have to give in to cake - and cupcakes are the bomb!! It's ok...just do your best thru the bdays - if you eat something bad - just shrug it off and move on! One bad meal doesn't equal failure, but if we let it add to more bad meals THAT is failure!

Kelly - I'm with ya - PMS all the way - yesterday I had a massive headache, followed by cramps and today - YEP TOM is here...so I feel all nasty in my gut..

Welcome back Queen! Glad your trip went well and a loss to boot!! WOOT WOOT!! I'm back to work today after our vacation too - yucky ole work, but at least it's a routine!!

How do yall keep your meals straight? I'm such an organizer freak - I made up Gallon Zip loc bags, one for each day and I have packed my 4 shakes, bar and protein supplement in them for the day - is that rediculous? When I was doing my docs plan - it was 2 shakes and a bar...so it wasn't so confusing...any tips on keeping straight??

MutableParadox
07-12-2010, 11:20 AM
How do yall keep your meals straight? I'm such an organizer freak - I made up Gallon Zip loc bags, one for each day and I have packed my 4 shakes, bar and protein supplement in them for the day - is that rediculous? When I was doing my docs plan - it was 2 shakes and a bar...so it wasn't so confusing...any tips on keeping straight??

Can you come organize mine too? I think what you are doing is great. I am one of the most disorganized people ever. I have all my shakes and junk still in the box. I wake up 5 minutes before I have to leave for work. I grab a handful of packets and a bar if I'm lucky and stuff them into my bag and leave.

I really think I need to work on discipline and organization more, but when I do I feel overwhelmed. Ugh!

Question Time: Perhaps someone will have a genius idea that I missed. Now, I don't mind the shakes with water. That is fine. However, I find I actually really love and want to drink them when I use milk in replace of water which I am known to do on the weekends for breakfast every once in a while. I absolutely love it. For me, it changes the taste 100%. Does anyone have any idea on how I might be able to make something like it with out milk or something...? I don't want to be drinking 3-5 cups of milk a day! xD Unless that isn't a bad thing but I'm pretty sure it's not that good for me...I don't know! Do you? lol

Waterwoman64
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
QueenO - Welcome back and GREAT JOB on your trip loss!!!
Kristi and Kelly - depends on what your work hours are, but basically, for me, every 2 hours something is going into the mouth and every other hour is a bottle of water. I typically have a shake before leaving for work (or a double shake if it is going to be a longer day); take 3 shakes and a bar and a supplement (to call lunch with a shake). So my day would look like this: 8am = shake (or double shake if late work day); 9am water; 10am shake;11am water Noon shake and supplement;1pm water; 2pm bar; 3pm water; 4pm shake;5pm water; 6pm shake (if I am home-then don't need double shake at 8am) have this with dinner or have between 7 & 8pm. So there it is.....shoving something in the mouth every two hours is hard alot of the time to get the last shake in for me.
So, now that I sound like 'the big expert' ha! Let me tell you how I think I screwed up and it showed on the scale today with a mere 1# loss....boooo!
I spent the weekend doing yard-work and got totally off schedule and probably dehydrated too!! Not enough water or anything else. Also did not keep track of my food over the week and think I probably had too few calories.......So, will work diligently this week as am leaving town Fri not to return until Mon. However, am planning on taking the shakes + (magic bullet) and bars along. Will make a food plan for every evenings meal and stick with it. Then if I do not see at least a 3# loss by next week will go to Plan B.

Kristikins
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
:D Kelly - silly woman - you need to pack your food the night before! I went ahead and packed mine for the whole week last night, that way when I dash home just in time for bed some nights this week - I'll have NO excuse to not be OP!! As for your milk question - have you tried using Almond milk? It has fewer calories; I have some in my fridge right now but haven't opened it yet - got it to eat in my WS cereal. I've been afraid to mix shakes w/ milk cause I was afraid I'd like'em better that way ;-) are you still not loving them with the syrups in them using water??

Water - I like your schedule..I'm gonna have to adapt that to my work schedule - that's a lot eating...since TOM came last night it doesn't even look appealing to me at all, but I know in a few days that will pass and it'll be katie-bar-the-door!! Let me warn ya on travel - bars don't fare well in a hot car!! So if you're gonna leave them in your car for an extended time, pack a cooler for them!! :) I had to lick the paper as mine melted in DC! I'm planning another trip for the 22nd - 25th to Pigeon Forge; it's a ladies retreat - I'm planning to stay OP as much as I can while up there tooI'm thinking with the supplements it'll make it easier for me cause I'll get to EAT when everyone else is - not just drink!!

MutableParadox
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
:D Kelly - silly woman - you need to pack your food the night before! I went ahead and packed mine for the whole week last night, that way when I dash home just in time for bed some nights this week - I'll have NO excuse to not be OP!! As for your milk question - have you tried using Almond milk? It has fewer calories; I have some in my fridge right now but haven't opened it yet - got it to eat in my WS cereal. I've been afraid to mix shakes w/ milk cause I was afraid I'd like'em better that way ;-) are you still not loving them with the syrups in them using water??

I think I am just being fickle. I like them with water, sf syrups. But it's more of a meh kind of like. While as when I used milk it was very yummy. I should not have done that but I tried it on a whim one day when I needed a bit more calories. Oh well, I'll get by. :)

jyoyo78
07-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I think I am just being fickle. I like them with water, sf syrups. But it's more of a meh kind of like. While as when I used milk it was very yummy. I should not have done that but I tried it on a whim one day when I needed a bit more calories. Oh well, I'll get by. :)

Have you tried using part water and part milk? At least then you wouldn't be having 3-5 cups of milk a day. Or maybe using Fat Free half & half?? I don't know, just throwing ideas out there :o) I've heard wonderful things about Almond milk...another thing I've never tried, but always mean to...lol Now I'm gonna have to start trying some different things :o)

MutableParadox
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Have you tried using part water and part milk? At least then you wouldn't be having 3-5 cups of milk a day. Or maybe using Fat Free half & half?? I don't know, just throwing ideas out there :o) I've heard wonderful things about Almond milk...another thing I've never tried, but always mean to...lol Now I'm gonna have to start trying some different things :o)

Thanks for the suggestions! Yea, I will have to keep on trying. I mean worse comes to worse I stick with just buying the chocolate shakes. Those I don't mind at all. Followed by the Cocomint.

Kristikins
07-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey 1/2 skim 1/2 water might work (isn't skim mostly water anyway??) On our trip whoever was in charge of picking out milk bought 2%..OMG that stuff was like cream...talk about YUMMY on cereal (and raisin bran no less)...it was great...dang it...now I want us to get 2% again for home....no no no...I'm gonna stick to my Almond milk...will try it tonight and report my opinion!

MutableParadox
07-12-2010, 06:59 PM
I prefer 1% but actually like Skim Milk. I did Soy Milk for a while, but I don't really like the nutty taste it has. Again, with the finicky.

Alright everyone, I have found my motivation. To everyone out there not seeing any results just because the scale isn't moving. I am here to remind you that it's not all about the scale or inches even. It's about health. I am only 25. At the age of 18 I was diagnosed with diabetes. They said I had it for years with out knowing. My blood test results showed abnormally hi risk for a heart attack or stroke. I got my test results in today. I read the numbers and I cried. I'm not an emotional person, but I have been fighting so long and so hard wondering how long I had left to live because every doctor kept saying they were surprised I was still walking. Anyone that is dealing with blood work will know truly how drastic these changes are.

At my highest I was 280lbs. I am now in the lower 250s.

Cholesterol: 152 down from 350. This is the first time in 10 years it's been considered normal. Now mind you the HDL and LDL balance is a bit horrible, but I am working on it.

Triglycerides: 386 down from 2000. Yes you read that right. I will scan the lab work in if you don't believe me. That is abnormally high. 386 in itself is nothing at all to brag about and is still very high...but my goodness...what a drop.

A1C: 6.6 down from 9.6 any diabetic knows how big of a drop that is. I am really close to not being in the diabetic range anymore.

Fasting Sugar/Glucose: 91 !!! Down from 218. 91 is a NORMAL number.

Thanks to everyone for ever listening to me complain and being there for me when I needed it. I truly appreciate it. For once I feel like I am going in the right direction.

Sorry this was so long...but yea! I'm doing it!

spaghetticat
07-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Sorry didnt get a chance to back read but i LOVE unsweetened vanilla almond milk! I use it in place of milk when I want it. It does have some almond taste but I think the vanilla subdues it- def. tastes better mixed with something than alone. The unsweetened chocolate is gross though. :)

jyoyo78
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Oh my word Mutable!! You go girl!!! You're doing an amazing job!!! Fooey on the stupid scale and measuring tape...when you are getting results like that, it's cause for celebration...now go get a pedi!! :D Way to GO!!!!!

jyoyo78
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM
ps....seems like I remember someone mentioning they add a little bit of fat free cream cheese to their shakes to make them thicker and creamier. I can't for the life of me remember who said it....and I don't even know how many calories are in FF CC....but maybe that's worth a shot too...

harvester
07-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Weighed in this morning and had a gain of .4 lbs (weight 159.8) if you can call that a gain. I'm happy with that because I know I wasn't sticking to the plan although I was trying to make good choices. I know what I need to do when I'm ready to maintain.
160 seems to be my glass ceiling when it comes to weight loss. I'm going to have to make some changes in my workouts and get back on plan to make more progress. It doesn't help that TOM is due at the end of this week either.
As for making shakes creamier, I sometimes add some fat free Reddi Whip and blend them with ice in the blender.

MutableParadox
07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Weighed in this morning and had a gain of .4 lbs (weight 159.8) if you can call that a gain. I'm happy with that because I know I wasn't sticking to the plan although I was trying to make good choices. I know what I need to do when I'm ready to maintain.
160 seems to be my glass ceiling when it comes to weight loss. I'm going to have to make some changes in my workouts and get back on plan to make more progress. It doesn't help that TOM is due at the end of this week either.
As for making shakes creamier, I sometimes add some fat free Reddi Whip and blend them with ice in the blender.

Y'know I could see the fat free reddi whip working, haha! I'll have to try that out. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I'm going to try em all! =D

Daily Stats:

Calories: 1,072 Carbs: 57 (78) Fat: 38 Protein: 121

Days Binge Free: 1

Exercise: 20 minutes Elliptical - I pushed too hard and wore out quick =X

Porkchop69
07-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Hello everyone I have not left you. Congrats to everyone! I have done pretty well. I did have a burger and fries but I have done really well the last couple of days so hopfully it will work out. I am finally over PMS Gosh that was so hard I was soooo hungry all the time and for BAD things. I have been really busy so I don't have my numbers to post but have not been doing any fruit and sticking with veggies and meat for dinner.

jyoyo78
07-12-2010, 11:33 PM
ooh....redi whip sounds good!! Or the cool whip free, that stuff is numaroo too :P I use it on top of my SF jell-o...or on top of the Wonderslim chocolate cake too :)

Kristikins
07-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Kelly - I'm sending you cyber {hugs}!!!! Those stats are AWESOME!!! No wonder your doc was worried about you...girl you were a walking time bomb!!! Amazing!!! I agree with Yoyo - who needs scales and tapes when you see bare bones results like that!! WOO HOOO!!!!

Cat - where you been girl?? I tried the Vanilla almond milk tonight - uh...YUM!!! It was good...mine doesn't say it's unsweetened, but it has cane juice in it so I'm guessing it's sweetened - sure was tasty!!

Harvester - Congrats on breaking the 160 barrier - even with your tiny gain - that I wouldn't even consider - I mean, maybe you just needed to poop or something...I think I can sneeze out .4 of a pound!!

Hey Chop - been missing you too! Fruit for me is hard - when I like it - I LOVE IT, but other times I have no taste for it and have to force myself to eat it! For years I wouldn't eat ANY fruit, so I think now any fruit I eat is better than none!

It's early here...but I'm SO sleepy...nighty night!

Porkchop69
07-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Here are my numbers for today...
1,159= cals 46.4= fat 70.2= carbs 113.9= protein

jyoyo78
07-13-2010, 12:55 AM
Calorie - 1303
Fat - 45g
Carb - 68g
Sugar - 15g
Fiber - 13g
Protein - 158g

First time posting my numbers. Need to lower the calories and up the fiber. Other than that, not too shabby I suppose. I was finally able to stay under on my carbs....sheesh! What a feat that was! I keep forgetting to add a scoop of benefiber to my morning shake, think that will help with upping the fiber.

Time to relax now...gonna go veg on the couch for a while. I threw my back out last week and I'm going to try accupuncture...have an appt tomorrow...wish me luck!! lol

MutableParadox
07-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Calorie - 1303
Fat - 45g
Carb - 68g
Sugar - 15g
Fiber - 13g
Protein - 158g

First time posting my numbers. Need to lower the calories and up the fiber. Other than that, not too shabby I suppose. I was finally able to stay under on my carbs....sheesh! What a feat that was! I keep forgetting to add a scoop of benefiber to my morning shake, think that will help with upping the fiber.

Time to relax now...gonna go veg on the couch for a while. I threw my back out last week and I'm going to try accupuncture...have an appt tomorrow...wish me luck!! lol

I've always heard wonderful things about acupuncture. I just couldn't imagine getting it done. I'm sure it will be fine and will work wonders! ^_^

dranaeli
07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
hi I know I have been off for a couple of days
But i am here and I will be on plan until my vacation which is scheduled in about 16 days
I hope i will not have anymore mishaps and to try to avoid them i will be posting my totals for the day
7/12
calorie 1110
carbs 89
fat 27
protein 131

I worked out for 77 minutes

I am trying to do a version of the 9 shakes and bar

the other thing is i am a compulsive weigher i am addicted to the scale as if it where the only thing that can determine my success so i plan on weighing once a week i twill bee thursday i will keep u ladies updated

Kristikins
07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi all! I've heard good things about acupuncture too! A lady came to my sisters beauty shop and did some weight loss acu's to some of her workers - it looked like a staple in their ears...weird..but they said it kept them from getting hungry...good luck to ya Yo! I hope it works - back pain is the WORST!!!

I'm a scale addict too - so much so that I weighed this morning 250!!! That's 5 pounds down from FRIDAY - so I guess all that fluid I was retaining has left my body and those 30 miles we walked in DC really did some good! I wasn't gonna change my siggy till this Friday for official WI - but 5 pounds...oh yeah, I changed it!! WOOT WOOT!! Plus today is my first official WS day so I wanted to see where I started at! I finally finished all my docs stuff (cept for a few shakes I'll keep for emergency) and have had my strawberries and chocomint shake for breakfast!! YAY ME!!!! I think I want a new scale - one that shows the BMI and water %, etc...I'm sure they are hundreds of $$'s tho...so I guess I'll stick with my cheesy Taylor brand walmart scale! At least it is digital!!

Stamp club meets tonight - I think I'm gonna wing it on dinner. The lady that cooks for us is such a wonderful cook, I have been taking my food the last 3 months so I wouldn't fall off Plan - but I'm thinking I can do it tonight - uh...unless she has pasta then I'm screwed...ok, so maybe I'll take my dinner again...

Kristikins
07-13-2010, 02:11 PM
The chicken cream soup is pretty good..having that now as lunch along with a shake....Think I'm gonna have to bring a whisk to work though - to get the lumps out of my soups! So far so good today!

Had to leave the office earlier - my son had his formal senior pics done today...sniff sniff..he's such a handsome young man...I can't believe he's a SENIOR!!!

jyoyo78
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I have a small whisk at work....I add a little water at a time and whisk away!! :o)

MutableParadox
07-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm a scale addict too - so much so that I weighed this morning 250!!! That's 5 pounds down from FRIDAY

Grats, that is awesome! You motivate me especially bc we are at a similar weight! I've got to catch up now! ;)

I know I will have good results this week though! I've been very full feeling lately so it's been hard to get my shakes in but I rather have that then wanting to eat everything, haha.

I'm too anxious to weigh everyday. Sometimes I peek at it once before weigh in, but most times I am too nervous. =)

Kristikins
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah Kelly - we are close in weight!! The competition is on :D jk...we'll get there! I set my goal for 165 but yours is at 150...why'd you pick that?? I just guessed at mine, I think the chart says something hilarious like 125-140...yeah right....I don't remember weighing 165 so I thought that'd be a good place to re-evaluate my body/health and then go lower if I needed to...

MutableParadox
07-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah Kelly - we are close in weight!! The competition is on :D jk...we'll get there! I set my goal for 165 but yours is at 150...why'd you pick that?? I just guessed at mine, I think the chart says something hilarious like 125-140...yeah right....I don't remember weighing 165 so I thought that'd be a good place to re-evaluate my body/health and then go lower if I needed to...

Mine was a guess too. I can't remember anything under 200, so haha.

Daily Stats
Calories: 1,176 Carbs: 66 (95) Fat: 62 Protein: 88

Fat is a little high, but I am happy with those numbers. ^_^

The food I ate today was 3 cheese and turkey pepperoni rollups (low carb tortillas) and for dessert I had an apple with some peanutbutter. ^_^

Binge Free: 2 Days

Porkchop69
07-13-2010, 09:04 PM
1,270= cals 61.5= fat 79.0= carbs 109.0= protein.

I will be having in and out protein style burgers tonight so my cals are 70 over. I wish I was too full to get my shakes in.... I am hungry all the time. I was suppose to weigh in today but due to my schedule I will not get to do it until tomorrow after last week I am so over the scale. NSV my hubby rubbed my back lastnight and said he could tell I have lost weight. I did go for an hour long walk today too. I wish I would start already... I still want chips! haha!

Waterwoman64
07-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Hey all! Found something just sinfully delicious! Greek Yogurt. Read something about it some time ago and was at the health food store the other day and picked some up. This is to die for!! Anyway, will only be having it when I can afford the extra calories, or can work them in. But I'll tell ya, it would be tooo easy to get hooked on this.
Kristi, great news on your weigh in today!! am sure if you were to substitute the WS pasta supplement for your dinner, it would not be as good as the cooks!
Kelly - know what you mean about getting nervous before weigh in...I am always a wreck a day or two leading up to it and do some major head games during that time. Your story on your health issues was incredible...do you attribute your better numbers to the WS program and eating differently?
Jyoyo - hope your back is doing better. I have some friends who do acupuncture all of the time for different issues....Hopefully it will do the trick for you!

MutableParadox
07-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Kelly - know what you mean about getting nervous before weigh in...I am always a wreck a day or two leading up to it and do some major head games during that time. Your story on your health issues was incredible...do you attribute your better numbers to the WS program and eating differently?

I do contribute quite a bit of it to Wonderslim, but more so eating better in general. In the time between lab work. I quit all sugar drinks. I was making better choices. I started to exercise. I think cutting the sugar and carbs made the biggest impact on me since I am diabetic and I have PCOS.

I am, however, on Janumet (Januvia/Metformin combo) for my Blood Sugar. It was not until I started WonderSlim that I actually could tolerate that medicine due to the gastro side effects. I can now take it and not have any side effects. I am on Simvastin (very low dose) which is a statin so yes I am sure that had a lot to do with the better results too.

Although, I have full confidence that it is mostly just eating better.

Good night everyone! I am dealing with a pinched nerve in my back now. I'm like wth I lose all this weight and now I am dealing with back pain, haha.

Kristikins
07-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Hey girls! I did good last night!! YAY ME!! She had a giant salad, some new potatoes, some kind of cheesy rollup things (that I avoided) and rolls (that I avoided since I chose the potatoes) my all time favorite strawberry pretzel salad (it's a creamy almost desert type dish) of which I had 3 bites of and the BEST pie ever - again 3 bites only - I cut a 1/2 piece in 1/2 again!! Took my chape water (cherry/grape s/f kool-aid) and was able to still have a shake when I got home. I mixed my shake with that vanilla almond milk it was GOOD - thanks Kelly ;) but it was so thick, almost undrinkable - so I had to add some water to it. Won't be doing that anymore - was just curious!
Looks like my cals were 1140 yesterday...but I had to guess on the calories for the pie and pretzel salad...I feel good about my choices though!

My sons new girlfriend is coming over for dinner tonight before church, haven't met her yet so it should be interesting. Hubby is DREADING it! (as he always does! He's not much of a talker/entertainer - totally oposite of me, that's why we are good for each other!)

MutableParadox
07-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Sometimes I wonder about my mind. My back is really hurting lately. Today it is really bugging me to sit (I have a desk job). The pain kind of takes away my appetite. However, I just thought to myself "I want some mcdonalds" and I think my brain was telling me that it would make me feel better... What it doesn't understand is that perhaps this pain would not be here if I weren't overweight in the first place. haha! Crazy thinking. I'm just glad I'm aware of it more.

jyoyo78
07-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Stupid McDonalds!! lol My back is still hurting too. Acupuncture was interesting. I'm going to try it again next week...might as well, since it's covered by my insurance!

Eating has been going really well the last few days. The only cheat I had is when hubby was eating tuna fish and crackers. I had some tuna fish on a slice of cheese with a small pickle on top. Not that it was much of a cheat....WAY better than the cheat I had a Sunday...bleh!!

We're going camping tomorrow...wish me luck!! It's just the two of us, so it should be a bit easier than if there were a large group of people...but still..I know I'm gonna have a few naughty things...like wine, yummo!

Porkchop69
07-14-2010, 06:51 PM
OK I finally bought a scale. I got an inexpensive one that isn't even a digital, because if I end up on it everyday I am throwing it in the trash haha! Well, I caved and had a hotdog (including the bun) at costco, I really have been under a lot of stress (I know I need to deal with the stress without food) I will just count it in my calories. Anyhoo I weighed and I am down 7 lbs from last week (because I gained) I am now 5 lbs from ONDERLAND! That is right 205. Aghhh that still seems like sooo much.

jyoyo78
07-14-2010, 07:54 PM
OK I finally bought a scale. I got an inexpensive one that isn't even a digital, because if I end up on it everyday I am throwing it in the trash haha! Well, I caved and had a hotdog (including the bun) at costco, I really have been under a lot of stress (I know I need to deal with the stress without food) I will just count it in my calories. Anyhoo I weighed and I am down 7 lbs from last week (because I gained) I am now 5 lbs from ONDERLAND! That is right 205. Aghhh that still seems like sooo much.

Say What?!? 5 lbs away from 1-derland!!! That is so awesome!! Keep up the good work lady! That derserves a Woot, Woot!!!

MutableParadox
07-14-2010, 10:37 PM
I am now 5 lbs from ONDERLAND! That is right 205. Aghhh that still seems like sooo much.

That is awesome though! You'll be there in no time!

------------

Stats for the day

Calories: 961 Carbs: 127 Fat: 24 Protein: 63

I was so not hungry today. I ended up having 2 pieces of pizza for dinner. My back is just killing me when I sit at the computer too long. This is going to make work interesting. Not to mention I will be working 50 hours next week and most spent at a computer. -sigh-

jyoyo78
07-14-2010, 11:54 PM
What is up with people's backs lately! I know at least a half dozen people that are experiencing back issues in the last week or so. Myself included! Ugh!!

Porkchop69
07-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Hang in there yoyo and pardox. I have a ruptured disc in my back too. I hope that if I lose some weight it will help it. I have to say my hip has not hurt me in 3 weeks! Woot NSV!

Porkchop69
07-15-2010, 12:10 AM
My numbers for today
1,129= cals 46.6= fat 81.8= carbs 97.5= protein

Plus about 1/4 cup of rice a roni (fitday didn't have that in the log and I didn't want to add it for such a small amount)

Kristikins
07-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Chop - That's ONE-derful!!! So proud for you!!! YAY!!!

Hope you girls backs feel better soon!!! Yoyo - I'm SO not a camper!! My idea of camping is a Holiday Inn!! Even though I've been in TN my whole life - and a rural part at that, I'm still an inside kind of girl! I hope you have fun camping though - a dear friend of mine LOVES to go camping - I'm guessing if you like outside, then camping would be a great stress reliever!

I tried the Double Choc cake last night...hhhmmm it was a lot like cocoa flavored eggs - not too awful bad, but if I hadn't topped it with Cool Whip Free there's no way I could have eaten it!! So far so good on my choices and sticking w/ plan this week! I weigh in tomorrow...not sure what to expect, since I had such a loss from vacation, but I won't fret about it! Oh...and I found some scales at Walmart that do fat, BMI and water too!! I figured something like that would be untouchable for me...but $29 I think I can handle...will be picking those up on my next trip there!

My Great Nephew was born yesterday!! FINALLY!! Brody is his name and he weighed 7.4, he has a big sister Ashlyn who just turned 3 in June (she is one funny little girl!!)...My niece will certainly have her hands full!! They live about 3 hours from here, so I have to wait till next week to meet him (on our way to Pigeon Forge!)...

Gotta get crankin on work - have 3 hours of meetings after work today so I can't leave here late!! Later girls!!

MutableParadox
07-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Well, bought another 2 weeks of WonderSlim. I am going to go back on their plan and stick closely to it instead of improvising.

I'm currently reading The Beck Diet Solution in order to hopefully gain insight on my behavior. ^_^

I'm feeling icky and hurty today as well which still makes me not hungry but I am forcing myself to get a shake down here and there.

jyoyo78
07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
I enjoy camping....it's very relaxing for me. Even though there's a lot of work that goes into it...lol We leave in a couple of hours..woot!

Kristi- I agree about the cake...I have to had cool whip free to it as well, but it does the trick for my sweet tooth. I don't have much of one, thank goodness...it just comes in waves :D So, that works.

I'm packing all my WS snack stuff and my crystal lite and shakes. Not sure how to do the SF syrup thing, will probably just end up taking one or two big bottles, I didn't find the little empty bottles at Wal-mart..and didn't feel like trapsing all over town trying to find some.

So...since I had been doing so bad for so long I was up to 196.6 two Mondays ago...I didn't dare put it on my ticker tho...lol This past Monday I was down to 195.6, that's when I finally kicked it in the rear and have been eating OP...for three days anyway. You will never believe it! I peeked at the scale this morning....are you ready!?! 190.8!!?? What the fudge??? Obviously I need to eat on plan....wish me luck! I did all the grocery shopping for the camping trip, so there's nothing too terrible that my hubby can eat in front of me. I told him no bad food...he pouted for a minute, 'til I told him he'll be happy when he has a happy, healthy, skinny wife...lol

Alrighty, gotta finish packing stuff up before he gets home from the doc. Had to have blood work done so his doc will keep giving him is blood pressure meds. I told him he needs to eat right so he doesn't have to take that crap. But, he's a tall, skinny beanpole and just doesn't get it...sigh

K...I'm outta here...."see" you ladies on Saturday!

Kristikins
07-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Sorry you're feeling yucky today Kelly...I'm sending you cyber {hugs} maybe that'll help!! As for sticking strictly to WS plan - I'm trying to, for the most part. I am definitely staying w/in my calories (somewhere around 1100ish) and since I got the whole whopping 12 week supply of food, am trying to do the 4 + 1 + 1 + L&G thing!

Yoyo - hope you have a great time camping! I did end up using the little 3oz bottles from Walmart for my syrups - used a sharpie on the top to put abreviations of the flavor (can't go by smells on some of them). That really worked for me - and I'll use them again next weekend in PF too! I brought them to my office this week - it's nice to have all my flavors accessible at home and work!! As for the sweet tooth...wish mine wasn't the size of TX, but it is so I am trying to get it under my WS control!! Congrats on your phenominal loss Missy!!! YAY!!!

Oh btw I weighed in and got measured at Curves today - hadn't done that in 51 days (suppose to be monthly)...I'm down 21.25 INCHES overall!!! YAY!! She said, "are your clothes falling off of you?"...actually I am able to pull my capris off and on w/out unbuttoning/unzipping them :D and all of my tops are hanging now instead of being wadded up around my mid section! (I'm totally a pear shape), my BMI is at 41.21 (down 2.70 from last time)!! YAY!! I'm loving this getting "thin" and healthy thing!! I'll be ready for new clothes by fall!!

LisaElevated
07-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Weigh in day!

SW: 201
LW: 187.8
CW: 187.0

Loss: -0.8

Another 0.8! Weird. Well, I have missed like a week of chat! I will have to read up and catch up!

Porkchop69
07-15-2010, 07:53 PM
How much does your scale fluctuate? I peeked today it said I was 4 lbs down. How can that be?

Addie K
07-15-2010, 10:10 PM
I apologize in advance for this post :dizzy:

Has anyone else experienced tummy problems with Wonderslim? I'm enjoying the diet, losing weight... but going to the bathroom is almost impossible. I want to avoid any excess strain because I know that it's VERY bad for me. Does anyone use a fiber supplement (Citrucel, Metamucil, or even a natural remedy) for this problem?

I think that I will need to take something at least a couple of times a week, so it needs to be safe enough for regular use. I've found conflicting reports about everything so far :(.

<3 Addie