South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #1  
Atkins Girl For Life

S/C/G: 227.5/154/140

Height: 5'4"

Default My week one recap

I am torn. Really. If I am going to be honest with myself ( and that is more important then me being honest with you) this is where I need to do it ~ publically.

As you all know, I am here on SB after spending almost 2 full years on Atkins. My body is having to go into another whole mode, and I don't know if it is fighting me, or if I made an unclear decision. In the week I have been on SB ~ I am down 2 pounds. I was down more, but woke up yesterday morning and gained it all back. The upper part of my belly is very bloated and I had a bit of icky gas last night.

Now...... I have to say this. My TOM is trying to make an appearance, so I get the bloating... but it still makes me . I don't know if SB is the right plan for me, but I am going to see how this next week goes. If I GAIN..... I will be pretty ticked off.
sckakame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I think it depends on what your goals are for south beach.

If you are strictly doing it to lose weight, and you didn't lose in a week (but would you lose with any plan in a week with TOM pending?), then maybe you need to move on. I must say, that I think one week isn't nearly enough to judge if a plan is working for you or not. If you went thru Atkins already, you can't expect much of a whooosh we find the first week or two from taking out all the bad carbs. I assume you haven't had those (bad carbs) in a while anyway.

If you are doing south beach in part to lose weight, and in part to eat healthy, then you need to stick it out!! I feel SO GOOD when I stick to south beach. I feel good about myself, the way I eat, and then the way I look too. No cravings, no junk, and no mood swings because of sugar (and white flour, and ... ).

How did you feel this week? Was it a struggle? What's the big picture? I would be if you've lost 74 lbs so far, you know it doesn't happen quickly! And this plan is great to maintain too....
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #3  
Atkins Girl For Life

S/C/G: 227.5/154/140

Height: 5'4"

I was just having a "moment". Call it pms... call a bit of fear.

I am loving SB actually. Yesterday I was bloated feeling and gassy but I bet it was the beans I ate. The only beans I have been having (with NO effects) are ff refried beans. Last night I made a pot of butter beans (aka lima beans). I think... tomorrow, when I get to working out I will be fine.

Thanks for listening to my rambling, and brief moment of insanity.
sckakame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 159/153/137

Height: 5'5"

It is probably just water retention. Good luck! I know TOM is tough.
guttersnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL! And yes, you can tell the days I eat a lot of black beans...which are most days!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote