Old 06-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210.8/175.2/120

Height: 5' 3"

Default Help please. Drank rum and ate pizza

Almost 3 months and I've never cheated. Last night I drank some diet coke and rum and a couple pieces of pizza. Weigh in Tuesday and they are strict and will be mad if I gain. Any suggestions how to eat today to help? Or should I workout? Eat leas? Anything I can do to prevent a gain?!!?
ch1cka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/112

Height: 5'4.5

Firstly calm down it'll be ok we all have little bumps on our journey
Secondly, I suggest burning off what you ate, try the elliptical trainer it's good for burning off calories quickly, and just eat as you normally would today.

Don't stress over it, I don't know about you but when I'm stressed I tend to binge more and binging is just not the answer
candy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1cka View Post
Weigh in Tuesday and they are strict and will be mad if I gain.
Really?! Sorry, but I think that is absurd! Your weight loss journey is for YOU not for someone at some diet center who is going to judge you and make you feel bad if you gain weight (which you probably won't do, anyway). Seriously, how are they being helpful to you by getting "mad" at you if you have a temporary set back?

Having a diet coke and rum and a couple of slices of pizza is not the end of the world. You are going to have some set backs along the way. That's normal. Don't keep beating yourself up and, for goodness sake, do not give someone else at a diet center the power to do it either!

J

Last edited by LotusMama; 06-27-2010 at 01:50 PM.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Almost 3 months and I've never cheated. Last night I drank some diet coke and rum and a couple pieces of pizza. Weigh in Tuesday and they are strict and will be mad if I gain. Any suggestions how to eat today to help? Or should I workout? Eat leas? Anything I can do to prevent a gain?!!?

Hey Chicka! Am I correct in understanding you are doing Ideal Protein (medically managed) diet plan and are concerned about going in to the clinic?

I understand. First, they may be more understanding than you think. It is NOT ideal for us to cheat. It messes up the chemistry they are creating for us to lose weight and heal our pancreas. On the other hand, things do happen and mistakes/slips are made. You are well into the program so, you may do better than you think at managing the slip up.

FOR TODAY, go back the strict introduction phase (weeks 1-3). Eat no restricted foods or occasional veggies, drink your water, take a long slow walk if you want.

You might be a little distressed by the "adventure" in terms of what you have done or how you have set yourself back. Don't let it keep you worried. Stress has as bad an effect on us too and can effect our weight loss. Let it go, move on.

Try not to feel like "I CAN'T HAVE THAT." There are studies that prove when we believe we can't have something we are more likely to want it. Try to think of this as a medical process (it is) and realize that some food just aren't compatible right now. YOU CAN have them BUT you don't WANT to have them. If you do, you deal with the consequences. Put yourself in control of what you eat or choose not to eat. NOTHING is off limits forever but, MANY THINGS are not compatible with this process RIGHT NOW.

It really is a choice. A smart choice, to take care of your health AND lose weight that you made 3 months ago. DON'T doubt your decisions. DON'T feel you are forced to give up anything you want. Accept the responsibility of your choice. Realize you can eat everything you want but, if you want to have the benefits of the program you CHOOSE to eat things that work, FOR NOW!

Have a great day! Get back on track! Don't worry about weigh in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy love View Post
Firstly calm down it'll be ok we all have little bumps on our journey
Secondly, I suggest burning off what you ate, try the elliptical trainer it's good for burning off calories quickly, and just eat as you normally would today.

Don't stress over it, I don't know about you but when I'm stressed I tend to binge more and binging is just not the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmohr View Post
Really?! Sorry, but I think that is absurd! Your weight loss journey is for YOU not for someone at some diet center who is going to judge you and make you feel bad if you gain weight (which you probably won't do, anyway). Seriously, how are they being helpful to you by getting "mad" at you if you have a temporary set back?

Having a diet coke and rum and a couple of slices of pizza is not the end of the world. You are going to have some set backs along the way. That's normal. Don't keep beating yourself up and, for goodness sake, do not give someone else at a diet center the power to do it either!

J

Not sure if either of you, candy love or Jrmohr, are on Ideal Protein. If not, check it out! It is a great program but a little strict in the process.

It is designed to heal the body resetting the pancreas. It has been around for 27 years total, originated in France, then Canada, and in the last 3 yrs the USA. It is successful at correcting or reducing: high cholesterol, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, metabolic x, hyper insulinemia, pre-diabetes, GERD/acid reflux, body inflammation aches, brain fog, and more IN ADDITION to helping people rapidly lose large amounts of weight under the care of a medically managed clinic. It spares muscle and burns fat while helping retain skin quality and elasticity. It is a low calorie, low carb, moderate fiber, moderate/high protein diet. It is a highly supplemented diet to ensure nutrition levels are maintained and heart/organs are supported in a healthy way.

Many clinics do not allow exercise at all during the process as some patients/clients are on calories too low to support exercise. If exercise is approved it is, in general, to be a slow, endurance level exercise that keeps the heart rate low in the 60- 70% of max heart rate range. The purpose of this is to prevent a burning of muscle tissue for energy given the low calorie level of the diet.

Many clinics will NOT accept a patient that is not fully committed to the process. And, the protocol, because of the strictness of diet, does suggest a clinic to remove anyone who HABITUALLY, INTENTIONALLY goes of the program. (That doesn't necessarily happen.) But, it is a medically managed diet and that can come with more guidelines than a standard diet center or "book shelf" diet.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 06-27-2010 at 03:46 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #5  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey Chicka! Am I correct in understanding you are doing Ideal Protein (medically managed) diet plan and are concerned about going in to the clinic?

I understand. First, they may be more understanding than you think. It is NOT ideal for us to cheat. It messes up the chemistry they are creating for us to lose weight and heal our pancreas. On the other hand, things do happen and mistakes/slips are made. You are well into the program so, you may do better than you think at managing the slip up.

FOR TODAY, go back the strict introduction phase (weeks 1-3). Eat no restricted foods or occasional veggies, drink your water, take a long slow walk if you want.

You might be a little distressed by the "adventure" in terms of what you have done or how you have set yourself back. Don't let it keep you worried. Stress has as bad an effect on us too and can effect our weight loss. Let it go, move on.

Try not to feel like "I CAN'T HAVE THAT." There are studies that prove when we believe we can't have something we are more likely to want it. Try to think of this as a medical process (it is) and realize that some food just aren't compatible right now. YOU CAN have them BUT you don't WANT to have them. If you do, you deal with the consequences. Put yourself in control of what you eat or choose not to eat. NOTHING is off limits forever but, MANY THINGS are not compatible with this process RIGHT NOW.

It really is a choice. A smart choice, to take care of your health AND lose weight that you made 3 months ago. DON'T doubt your decisions. DON'T feel you are forced to give up anything you want. Accept the responsibility of your choice. Realize you can eat everything you want but, if you want to have the benefits of the program you CHOOSE to eat things that work, FOR NOW!

Have a great day! Get back on track! Don't worry about weigh in!

Not sure if either of you, candy love or Jrmohr, are on Ideal Protein. If not, check it out! It is a great program but a little strict in the process.

It is designed to heal the body resetting the pancreas. It has been around for 27 years total, originated in France, then Canada, and in the last 3 yrs the USA. It is successful at correcting or reducing: high cholesterol, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, metabolic x, hyper insulinemia, pre-diabetes, GERD/acid reflux, body inflammation aches, brain fog, and more IN ADDITION to helping people rapidly lose large amounts of weight under the care of a medically managed clinic. It spares muscle and burns fat while helping retain skin quality and elasticity. It is a low calorie, low cab, moderate fiber, moderate/high protein diet. It is a highly supplemented diet to ensure nutrition levels are maintained and heart/organs are supported in a healthy way.

Many clinics do not allow exercise at all during the process as some patients/clients are on calories too low to support exercise. If exercise is approved it is, in general, to be a slow, endurance level exercise that keeps the heart rate low in the 60- 70% of max heart rate range. The purpose of this is to prevent a burning of muscle tissue for energy given the low calorie level of the diet.

Many clinics will NOT accept a patient that is not fully committed to the process. And, the protocol, because of the strictness of diet, does suggest a clinic to remove anyone who HABITUALLY, INTENTIONALLY goes of the program. (That doesn't necessarily happen.) But, it is a medically managed diet and that can come with more guidelines than a standard diet center or "book shelf" diet.
YES!!! What Carla said!!! You summed it up perfectly, Carla.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hi, showgirlaz. No, I am not on Ideal Protein and my post was not meant to criticize the plan; truly, I don't know enough about it to have an opinion of the plan itself.

My point was that someone being "mad" at chicka (or otherwise having a negative reaction, such as disappointment, disapproval, etc.) because she had a slip up seems unhelpful. Maybe that motivates some people to never stray, I don't know...

Anyway, I appreciate your perspective on IP. But, I stand by my opinion (and it is only my opinion) that slip ups happen and that chicka should not be overly hard on herself for the slip up or let someone else's negative reaction affect her progress.

That being said, chicka, you have received some excellent advice here and I wish you the best on your continued journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmohr View Post
Hi, showgirlaz. No, I am not on Ideal Protein and my post was not meant to criticize the plan; truly, I don't know enough about it to have an opinion of the plan itself.

My point was that someone being "mad" at chicka (or otherwise having a negative reaction, such as disappointment, disapproval, etc.) because she had a slip up seems unhelpful. Maybe that motivates some people to never stray, I don't know...

Anyway, I appreciate your perspective on IP. But, I stand by my opinion (and it is only my opinion) that slip ups happen and that chicka should not be overly hard on herself for the slip up or let someone else's negative reaction affect her progress.

That being said, chicka, you have received some excellent advice here and I wish you the best on your continued journey!

Cheers,

J
Understood! Thanks.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #8  

Hi guys, sorry I didn't specify that yes, I am indeed on Ideal Protein. They just told me if I cheat, and they know it.... i get one warning, then they will kick me out if it happens again. So I am just hoping I can omit to tell them and they won't notice lol. I am grateful for all of your helpful advice - everyone, thank you so much. I will try not to stress and am back on track today so hopefully it will all be ok!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #9  

Quote:
Hi guys, sorry I didn't specify that yes, I am indeed on Ideal Protein. They just told me if I cheat, and they know it.... i get one warning, then they will kick me out if it happens again. So I am just hoping I can omit to tell them and they won't notice lol. I am grateful for all of your helpful advice - everyone, thank you so much. I will try not to stress and am back on track today so hopefully it will all be ok!
You'll do great!

Hint: Next time, if you really can't resist and aren't prepared with a protein packet or good alternate........ skip the rum, eat the cheese and meat from the pizza (leave the crust). It wouldn't be perfect but, it wouldn't pull you out of ketosis either and you wouldn't have to say a thing or worry about the effect!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

ch1cka....I of course agree with Showgirl...she has been a huge help to many of us here. I truly wouldn't stress too much. You may even be pleasantly surprised by your WI. If you went immediately back to Phase 1/not restriceteds, then you may get a fair loss. Let me be clear that I DO NOT recommend going off program/cheating, but after 3mths on the program you body may have been given a jolt by the "naughty" (haha) food, and respond really well to your renewed commitment to the program. Just saying that not all hope is lost
You can do it!
Calgarygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #11  

Thanks a Lot. You guys have made me feel much better and I'm not stressing so much. I agree that we should not go off plan and I don't plan on it anytime again soon lol. Thx again!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

I had a really bad slip up this Saturday too. I have been so good....but with a wedding cake testing Saturday morning I felt like the day was a right off and had a few other cheats that day....all your advice has helped me put things into perspective...Carla your viewpoint on looking at this like a medical program and fooods not compatible is amazing!!!! It really shifts my thinking!!! Thanks
AugustBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #13  
Dave - The Speedo King

Cool

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't sweat it. Stress is certainly not going to help you get back on the plan and it's just plain not healthy.

You're on IP, you're not in the army. This is about your health, and you're the quarterback. You're the one paying them, remember? So you run the show. At least that's how I look at it.

As far as giving in? Last night, I made my daughter a quesadilla, and I admit that I was tempted to have a sample. My reason for NOT doing it was that I'm happy with the results I'm getting from IP, not because I feared what they would say when I weigh in. The two things that keep me from cheating are that 1) the program is working so well and 2) the cost of the program makes me want to optimize my results. Every time you come out of ketosis, it upsets your pancreas and makes the program take longer.

That said, I let my coach know in advance that I was planning to cheat at a particular social occasion. My coach offered me advice on getting back on the program. After my cheat, I jumped right back on the plan, got back into ketosis, and still lost 4 lbs. that week. If I hadn't reminded my coach of the cheat by telling her I was back in ketosis, she probably wouldn't have remembered about the cheat at all. I'm back on track and losing again.

So don't let a little bump in the road force you into a detour that you'll regret later. Just get back on plan and keep losing. Good luck!

Last edited by salesgod; 06-28-2010 at 01:31 PM.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #14  

Thx again guys. Had my weigh in today and lost the same as I have been the last month - 4lbs (2/week as I drive 1 hour away so get weighed in every 2 weeks) it will be 12 weeks on thurs and I'm down 35 pounds and 26 inches. Now weighing 145 I am just 10 pounds away from their goal for me. Not sure if I will be happy at 135 or want to keep going. I am looking forward to getting on maintenance so it's easier.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

YAYS to you Ch1cka

regarding being scared of coaches, I have a feeling mine are scared of me
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote