Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 11:38 AM   #1  

Angry Fibromyalgia #73

Well, this is the first day that I have felt as close to normal as I can get. Last weeks FM flair has died down and the only thing that remains in some back pain. That is from aqua areobics. Will just have to get back at it and see if that will help it out.

Boy, it is nice to see some new people joining us. That is great.

Meme - I don't know how you do all the stuff you do!!! Take life a little easier and be good to yourself. It won't be so bad - right now you are in a flair and overwhelmed by everything, but once you start it won't take so long. I always pack at the last minute, even for trips that are 3 weeks in duration. Just can't see doing it before and having those dratted suitcases laying around. Once, I even did it in the morning before we left for Denmark, and that was for 3 of us! Is that the same Hurricane, that Isadore or is it a different one? Thank goodness we don't have to worry about those in this part of the world. An occassional tornado only. Once in awhile the earth shakes somewhere in Canada, but nothing serious.

Joanne - I know you are probably getting anxious about your trip. Soon you will be there and will be having a great time. Isn't it funny how something like that can affect us?

Anagram, Ally, Mima, Candice, Serenity - I hope that you ladies are not in a flair. I started a new thread and can't remember

Everyone have a great day.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:40 AM   #2  

http://www.endocrineweb.com/hypo1.html

Meme, this article is on hypothyroidism
Old 10-01-2002, 01:02 PM   #3  

Whoops - sorry, Happy. Posted on old thread before I realized there was a new one. Yet another senior moment. Glad your flare is lifting.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:45 PM   #4  

Anne...I would slow down if I could and still get there by Friday at 5 P.M. That's when the Real Estate that has our key closes. As it is...we will have to leave here about 4 A.M. our time to make it! I HAVE to get all those appointments, etc. in before then. I won't be packing until Thursday evening but even so, I have to have all our clothes washed and ready to pack. Plus...we are taking a lot of our food and towels, etc. because it is a condo. I'd cancel lessons tonight and Thursday but I'm going to be gone next week, too.

Freddie...I wish we ALL lived close to each other!!! Wouldn't that be some kind of great!!! We could form the 'Fibro Club' and meet for lunch (salads...of course!)
Old 10-01-2002, 04:25 PM   #5  

Hi guys!!!Home for the night. 2 more days of work but it's been great!!!And Brad is taking me out for dinner. I am on Thyroid med-have been for years-got to have it checked next time. I am almost over my cold and I have been walking a lot so that is good. Welcome new people-soon we will be covering every state. Have fun Meme!!!!Talk more on Friday. Mima
Old 10-01-2002, 07:09 PM   #6  

Default Hey There

Welcome new people. This will be good for me . I will really have to work my brain to keep up with all the new friends. That is what keeps us young though.
Happy - Just a few more days and I will be on my own adventure. I can hardly wait. I don't go much and this will be good for me in more ways than I can say.
Meme- I hope your trip will not be ruined by Lilly. We hear it will hit shore by thrusday. If you are going near New Orleans to Alabama please be safe.
Anagram- I was surprised when I got on tonight and say how busy you guys have been I hope this medication works good for you. Don't worry if you gain a little . That is not the thing to worry about. Just get to feeling better and the rest will iron itself out.
Mima- When are you going to retire for real? I hope your cold is over soon. They say 7 days for a cold.
Hello All....Joanne
Old 10-02-2002, 12:07 AM   #7  

Joann...are you going to have access to a computer while you are gone? If not, we will miss you!!! I hope you have a BLAST! And don't worry about your men folks...they'll survive...and so will your house!

Yes...Lili is the problem now. It is going RIGHT NEXT TO where we are staying. When you see the weather maps and they show the path, look where Alabama juts down to the ocean...there is just one little spot...that is where we are going. If Lili follows the path they have designated for it we may just be lucky enough to miss most of the high winds, etc. but I'm afraid we will still get some of the rain from it...even traveling on Friday! Hubby said we could just postpone it a couple of weeks but I said, no! I need to get away NOW and I told him if it rains all weekend that's ok...I'll just sleep! We will still have all next week! I'll have my laptop with me and I still have Earthlink for it so I'll be able to keep in touch. If you all don't hear from me by Sunday you can assume that I'm 'washed away'! No...don't go there...could be I couldn't get on with all the storms and everything!!!
Old 10-02-2002, 02:32 PM   #8  

Hi Gals and welcome to the newbies

I am ok not good - not bad. My allergies are much worse due to the season change (dogs allergies are worse too).

We have been busy looking at cottages and have made an offer. Just waiting to hear from our lawyer. We will be on the west shore of Lake Winnipeg (south basin). One of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. If you have a map - it is not far south of the town of Gimli, which was the first Icelandic settlement in Canada and I believe in north america.

Daughter is back to work now and both kids at daycare till Ipick them up at 5 pm. I have them until either parent gets home, usually just before 6 pm. They still sleep over Mon. nites as both parents going to university on Mon nites.

I decided I needed something to occupy my mind so I am just beginning to sell Tupperware. Hope I will find it rewarding mentally and financially.

Having the usual aches and pains - nothing I can't live with. Thank God for tylenol, as I cannot take any analgesics because of allergies and asthma.

I am off the prednisone again, so hoping for weight loss for next Wed. weigh in.

Hope you are all enjoying the fall weather. No snow here yet.

Serenity
Old 10-02-2002, 03:13 PM   #9  

Angry Hi all

Well, I sure hope the newbies can find their way over to this thread. It is hard to be working with both of these threads.

Serenity - Nice to hear from you. It is that time of year - again. I just went through a flare last week, but am feeling much better this week. Left as fast as it came. That is great about the cabin. We lived at Sylvan Lake, which is a baby lake compared to Lake Winnipeg, but it is one of the largest in Alberta. It really is a beautiful lake. Will you be right on the lake? Lake shore property at Sylvan is $350,000.00 with a cabin on it!!!

Meme - Do be careful! I wouldn't go anywhere near the place, personally. I would be terrified. I do hope you have a good trip and get a good rest. If the only way to do that is to go away, then away you shall go.

Joanne - That storm won't affect you, will it? Gosh, I sure hope not. Don't worry about a thing, because, I will bet you that you will get to do everything you missed on holidays

The thyroid meds don't necessarily make it easier to lose weight. My daughter had Graves disease (overactive thyroid) and had to drink the radiation stuff, which then killed the thyroid - and now it is low. She takes synthroid for it. She has lost 75 pounds over 1 1/2 years, and that is with lots of exercise. She runs 3 times a week, and works out at the gym 3 times a week and she is 34, so it isn't that easy for her. She has been on ww and has done wonderfully well. I hope it makes it easier for you to lose this weight. Me, I have a yeast infection yet again. This has been going on for a year now. I have been tested for diabetes and it comes back normal, so I don't know what he is going to do now. He told me it isn't normal, that is for sure.

Meme - did you start on the Atkins diet. I am going to do that in 2 days. I have to kill off some of the yeast first, as no diet will work if you have a yeast infection (probably why ww didn't work for me as well). I will go on the induction and see if that will help with the yeast as well - as you are only allowed 3 cups of carbs a day in the form of veggies, and yeast can't survive on protein. The Dr. informed me it was a very safe diet. He did it himself and looks pretty darn good.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 10-02-2002, 05:22 PM   #10  

I just COULDN'T start Atkins until AFTER vacation! Can you imagine being on a 9 day vacation in Gulf Shores and not being able to eat any carbs??????? I'm just trying to watch what I eat, stay away from a lot of junk and sweets and not gain any more until I get back. I bought the book and I'm going to read through it while I'm gone so I'll be ready to go grocery shopping for what I need as soon as we get home. I'm really looking forward to vacation but I'm also looking forward to things getting back to 'normal' when we get back and get settled back in, too. (Whatever 'normal' is!!!) Nothing has been normal for me since last May when Mama had her first stroke. I want to settle into a routine again. I miss actually KNOWING what each day holds!
Old 10-02-2002, 06:03 PM   #11  

I will have to go back and read the last thread to find the Newbies. Welcome.
Did anyone ver try Immune Pro for Fibro? I am almost at the end of my second very expensive container and I notice no improvement.
It was 80 degrees here in NY today. I want my fall weather..
Old 10-02-2002, 06:45 PM   #12  

Default Hey There

Meme- I don't know about getting on a computer while I am gone- I will try. My brother has one. He takes care of all the computers for the army at the base where he works.He spent 30 years in the army- Vietnam- Korea and he still works for the army. Meme It is going to be bad in New Orleans thrusday.Stay away from there. It is classified a 4.They are saying it is as strong as Andrew that hit Miami.
Happy- Sadly to say we will not get too much of anything from this storm. I was looking for some of the rain. The area that you are visiting sounds beautiful.I doubt I will ever get to see it. But ,then I never thought to see the Grand Canyon either.
Those new girls will find us.
Serenity.. I love Tupperware. My hubby at one time said no more tupperware. I had to get rid of a lot. You should have a lot of fun with the parties.
Anagram,Ally ,Mima . Hi

Bye..Joanne
Old 10-02-2002, 06:54 PM   #13  

Well I followed directions. It just took several tries before I could reply. I had to click on the website sent to me more than once because the loading would quit on me and I waited and waited.

I am now here where I can use some of the symbols for the devil that I am.

Freddie
Old 10-02-2002, 11:35 PM   #14  

Happy, I don't think there IS anything that would make it easy for me to lose weight. It just surprised me that he came up with this after I just lost 18 lbs. I've not been able to do that for a long time. And now I figure this will foul me up again. I had finally got my meds down to two and figured that was what helped me.

Nice weight loss for your daughter. She's been through a lot for someone so young. My MIL had the same but she was in her late 60s or so.

I did lose .8 lbs this week. Don't expect to lose any for a while. Figure it will take a while to adjust to pills and also we are celebrating our 44th anniversary Friday (by driving across state), going to a wedding Saturday and doing some vacation stuff the next three days. We'll be home one day and then head to daughter's for a couple of days. It's Grandparents Day at our dgd's school next week so we'll hit that. Anyway, while I'll certainly try, it doesn't look like good weight loss situation.

Enjoy your trips, travellers. And all the rest, take care. Good luck at drs on 14th, Freddie.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:00 AM   #15  

Thanks Anagram on your wishing me good luck at the doctor's on the 14th. Now I will have to go look at my calendar again because I thought it was the 12th. I looked. You are right! It is the 14th!

Freddie
Closed Thread