Alternachicks - Alternachat - October and Onwards

View Full Version : Alternachat - October and Onwards

Ruthxxx
10-01-2002, 10:40 AM
...or should I say "downwards"? This is the month I am going to lose weight! Enough farting around.

I cut back on the pain killers today - bad decision! Drugs are my friend! Maybe I'm hooked. I did a few bad moves with the wrist yesterday and felt a "pull". :yikes: I've got the wrist brace on today to remind me that I am not to use it. I sure can still type but cooking and cleaning are out of the question.

Hershey has that smug look on her face that makes me think she really is preggers. She and Lucy are still tryi8ng to figure out who is the Alpha Dog. Little do they know that I am the Chief ***** around here!

I'm gonna sneak in a nap and hope that Harry takes the hint and gets lunch. I lkeft sheese, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers and a recipe on the counter. Whaddaya think. eh?

SuchAPrettyFace
10-01-2002, 02:37 PM
Someone asked me in the break room this morning if I'd lost weight. I said yes, I had lost a few. She said, "It looks like it. " So what did I do? I went & got a Bacon Cheese BubbaBurger & some vanilla frozen custard for lunch. My throat hurts, so I wanted the custard, but damn, could not resist the urge for the cheeseburger when I'm feeling this lousy. :ink:

When it's raining, please drive w/your lights on. It was pouring & I could barely see some of the cars. The sun was shining, so like an idiot in the parking lot I was looking for the rainbow.

Good luck w/the wrist thing. Drugs are my good friend at night. Your lunch sounds yummy, I think I'm doing a veggie dinner to detox me from lunch.

Wanttolosealot
10-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Hey Ladies
I go to TOPS tonight and I actually got to sneak in a work out today. I did not think I was going to be able to, but got off work early , had lite lunch and headed to the gym. I really feel like I have lost this week. I have been doing well with my eating habits, drinking lots of water and of course working out like crazy. Feels so good to have someone say to you that you look good. Not sure if I looked like *hit before or not , but it is still nice to hear. Tonight is my treat night, after I get weighed in at TOPS I usually have something I have been thinking about wanting all week. So french fries look out tonight, just a small order though, and a chicken burger with no mayo. Now I am making myself hungry already so I better stop.
Suchaprettyface- dont be so hard on yourself. If you dont let yourself have a treat once a week than you will want to go back to your old habits of over eating and eating all the wrong foods, trust me I know all about it.
Virginia

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 04:45 PM
HI ALL!!!!

I'm with you Ruth. I have NOT been doing well at all, and it is time to get going again. I haven't regained, but I haven't LOST anything for months!!!
LET'S GET GOING!!!

squeaker
10-01-2002, 05:09 PM
Den & Ruthxxx - Come girls you can do it!!!!!!! I gained weight (almost 10 lbs) before I really kicked myself and started lossing.

Ruthxxx - Did you wake up to a wonderful cooked lunch?

SuchAPrettyFace - I am with Virginia - eating something that you want once a week really does help cut back on over eating the rest of the week.

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Thanks Squeak- I need all the encouragement (and butt kicking) I can get right now!!!

squeaker
10-01-2002, 05:43 PM
I will kick your butt anytime you want Den.

Hey does that count as exercise????

How are everyone's kiddos doing with school???

dentrassi
10-01-2002, 05:48 PM
THANKS SQUEAK!!!!;) YES, it DOES count as exercise!!!

Kids and school...#1 (15) is doing well but is sick of it. #2 (12) is still being bullied, and is majorly anxious. He has come home "sick" three times, only one of which seemed necessary. That is PARTLY what has me bent out of shape.

soozie
10-02-2002, 12:34 AM
My DD was having daily tantrums every morning and making me insane. She's doing better. We're getting her in bed earlier and she is adjusting to the schedule...she kept saying "I don't want to go to school" " I don't have to go to school" "just call them Mom and tell them I'm not coming today" as I said before she'd prefer to rest on the couch and watch tv all morning...hey why not? But, again she's adjusting and learning by leaps and bounds...reading a few words...looking so grown up and has her first loose tooth! thanks for asking squeaky-deek. Soozie

Ruthxxx
10-02-2002, 08:30 AM
Um....time to cut way back the drugs! Woke up a half hour ago and had no idea where I was! I've only slept in this bedroom since 1985!

Harry had a tantrum this morning and he doesn't even have to go to school. Actually it was justified as one of the dogs pooped on the deck. I know it was Lucy because it's raining and she hates to get her feet wet on the grass! Guess who got to clean it up, crippled wrist and all. :( The girls are still power-struggling but things have eased up a bit.

Not going to do a damn thing this morning except put away laundry. Crazy weather - feels like summer but I need to switch over to fall clothes. I really need two complete closets and dressers so I don't need to go through this crap!

Oh yeah - hopped on the scale and am down to 206.5 - go figure! 2.5 pounds overnight? Must have been holding water but am also looking at it as part of my planned loss for October. No Dim Sum for a while, please - unless Ellis twists my arm!

HAve to go eat a high fiber breakfast alas! Catch you later.

squeaker
10-02-2002, 09:18 AM
Wouldn't twisting your arm be bad for your wrist???? :lol: (ok that was stupid, but it made me laugh.)

Ruthxxx
10-02-2002, 09:45 AM
Smarty pants! I have two arms! Don't you? ROFLOLPIMP! and thumbing my nose south-westward across Lake Ontario!

SuchAPrettyFace
10-02-2002, 11:44 AM
You mean I should schedule in a treat once a week, so as to keep myself on track, rather than beat myself up for "slipping"??? What an excellent idea! I really never though of it that way before. Booya! Thanks you guys!

I'm w/Soozie's daughter. I'd rather lay on the couch today & watch The Price is Right.

I'm having my AM snack, went to cut my apple, all the sharp knives are gone! So now I'm wondering a) who took them b) why were they taken and c) who have I pissed off lately. :lol:

barefootgrrrl
10-03-2002, 10:23 AM
Ms. PrettyFace - Hi!

Thanks for the laugh....:lol:

I think what's working better for me this time around is a psychological game I've had to play with myself. When I made out an eating plan (I follow a low carb diet), I added a snack in - something I could look forward to having each day - that wouldn't blow my carb count out of the water - so I have a treat, but it doesn't fall under the "cheating" category, so I still have a little something to look forward to each day without giving up and surrending to the god known as Ben and Jerrys

a grrl's gotta do what a grrl's gotta do

Ruth - wish I could find some low carb Chinese food around here..........missing the dim sum :)

terrigrrl - :lol:

Punkinseed
10-03-2002, 12:59 PM
:stress: I've missed you guys!!!!!!

I feel so lost and behind on everything!

Ok, I'm semi-back.... Ellis, no you did NOT make me mad by laughing at me!!! I thought it was pretty damned funny myself - even when I found out Monday just how bad I hurt myself...
My SI joint apparently was out again from falling and I'd been ignoring it - guess I shouldn't have. I haven't been able to sit, stand or lie down for the last 3 days without burning in my legs. It's getting better slowly... Oh, then I also got the flu on Sunday... Oooh, life is just a big ol' bucket o' :cencored: fun!!

Vacation starts next Tuesday - I'm hoping I can sit for the 8 hours it's going to take to drive to CA and get the **** outta' Oregon!

Ellis - yes, I live on a ranch, techincally. It was a working ranch for like a hundred years then in the late 60's they sold it to become residential - however, there are no "lots" smaller than 1 acre. I'm on 5 acres and can't even see any of my neighbors.

The Cowboy poetry night was a blast - even with one of the guys retelling a poem he wrote himself that was 10 minutes long about putting his horse down that he'd had from birth - everyone was crying. But it was fun otherwise - cowboys (the real ones that know what a cow actually looks like) are the funniest breed -saying "yes ma'am" to everything and such charmers! :lol:

Squeak - I agree with everyone here - you go, enjoy your visit with your boy and don't let that woman ruin it for you! It was great of him to give the choice to you.

01812 - Aaaah, wisdom teeth.... no problem. I had all 4 of mine removed when I was 12 - they were all impacted. They give good drugs, you just can't chew real good for awhile!

Soozie - Enjoy Disney!!! November is a great time to go :yes:

Terrrrri - Ya know, my ex husband used to get soooo pissed when I made plans with my friends. I think it was threatening to him that I "chose" to spend time with them and not him. Well, as my brother says "sucks from him". :rolleyes:

Suchapretty - I do the "one meal a week" spurge and it works great! Give it a shot!

Well, time to go lie down and rest a bit... back again soon!!

Terri

ellis
10-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Terri, welcome back! We missed you too!
I'm so sorry that you really hurt yourself. I'm not laughing now. I'll say a little prayer for you... how about that...
5 acres! Lucky girl! (ummm, what I mean is, I'm happy for you. I used to want to have land, but after living in the country for a while, I realized that I'm just a city girl at heart. But it MUST be beautiful!!) And your Poetry night sounds like so much fun.
You take good care of yourself, hon. Tread carefully.

The rest of you girls... I just came to welcome back Terri. I'm not really here, so just ignore me. ;)
hugs to all...

squeaker
10-03-2002, 06:11 PM
Welcome back Terri! :)
Though sorry life doesn't sound like too much fun right about now...

Soozie - I would rather stay home like your DD too. That is much more fun then work or school :)

Den - Sorry son #2 isn't doing well. has the bully been a problem in the past? Is there anything the school could do?

Ruthxxx- I guess twisting your OTHER arm would be ok, at least until you get the op done on that one too. :p

Ms. barefootgrrrl - it is nice to know you share the love of the same 2 men I do. Ben & Jerry are wonderful aren't they ;) I still have a little bit of One Sweet Whirled left in my freezer.

dentrassi
10-04-2002, 12:19 AM
Hi All!!

I spent most of the day sleeping and I'm STILL tired!!

Squeak-This school is not very good. There are alot of bullies, and they don't deal with it very well. We are just trying to help him get through it as best as we and he can. Unfortunately he has the kind of personality that sometimes attracts negative attention too. A lot like his Dad who once told a guy who was banging his head on a concrete floor, "Real impressive picking on someone MY size." (At the time he was about my height, but skinny.) At least the bullying at DS's school isn't physical....Although that doesn't really hurt any less.

Ruth-HI!!!

Terri-WELCOME BACK!!!!

Ellis-YOU ARE TOO HERE!!!!

Barefoot-WOW!! BEN AND JERRY'S YUM!!!!!

SuchAPrettyFace
10-04-2002, 01:32 PM
I'm going to schedule in a treat once a week. You guys have convinced me.

Ben & Jerry no longer send my favorite flavor (Chubby Hubby) to any grocery stores near me. :cry: But I have lost 40# since then. Coincidence? :lol:

Went to the dr for this throat thing & they said my BP looked perfect. That was great news to hear, but it doesn't mean I'm going to go back to the old way of life. I get "formally" checked for that in 2 weeks, maybe they'll take me off the meds? They also said my weight is 290, same as @ my friend's house 2 weeks ago, but Aunt Flo is here today, so I'm thinking I might be less than that @ the next dr visit. *crosses fingers*

Dentrassi: That bully will no doubt be asking your son for a job someday.

Barefootgrrl: One of the knives is back in the kitchen this AM! Don't know what to think about that!

cheez
10-05-2002, 12:08 AM
I hope I'm posting this correctly....

Of all the boards, I think I must belong here. You seem like a bunch of very bright and funny characters - I'd like to think I'm one of you! ;)

I'm a teacher and mom of 3 kids (8, 4, 2) and a fairly recent transplant to Oregon from the SF Bay Area. Oh, my dh is in education, too.

Brenna

Ruthxxx
10-05-2002, 08:55 AM
Welcome, Cheez. Are you sure you want to hang out with this bunch of nutcases?

Crappy morning here but #1 dog and I are going to walk down to the Library - a half hour each way. So Ellis - stop nagging - I am a crip! By the way Hershey barfed last night so I'm pretty sure she is preggers. She's perky as anything this morning.

Actually the wrist is getting more useable every day. This morning I cut an apple up for my cereal - onions next and after that, pepper squash. Life just gets better and better.

Now would one of you chickies hook my bra for me?

Wildfire
10-05-2002, 09:53 AM
Hey chickies! :wave: I'm still alive. Horribly off the weight loss wagon, though. I actually broke down and bought dress pants with elastic inserts at the side! I never thought I'd do that. But, geez, are they comfortable! And they actually fit my ***. :D Usually I have to buy to fit my waist and then they're too big everywhere else, but I bought a size 14 with just a couple of inches of elastic at the sides, and they look pretty good! Anyway, just my latest fashion dilemna.

I've been working up to 15 hours a day and plotting ways to torture, maim, and even kill my boss and everyone up to the owner of the company. I shouldn't have to work that many hours without compensation. It's just wrong. I'm not working this weekend, but I was told I have to be available by phone. Guess who's going out all weekend and whose cell phone is going to mysteriously die?

Ruth, glad you are recovering quickly and managing to do the important things like type to us wackos here! Who needs a bra?

Welcome Cheez! :wave:

Okay, girls....I need help. I need to get back OP before I gain any weight back. I'm holding at 175....and just 5.1 pounds lost would put me in the 160's!!! I just can't find the motivation. I can find pizza and ice cream no problem....but motivation? Nope. Of course working these insane hours is leading to a lot of take-out food and eating the first thing I can find. Again, I can easily find ice cream when I'm tired and stressed out, but say, a salad requires hunting. Treats once a week? I've been have weeks of treats! I need a good butt kicking! Any takers?

I'm going grocery shopping sometime today, and I'm going to buy some good snacks and lunch stuff. NO ICE CREAM!

Wanttolosealot
10-05-2002, 11:20 AM
Welcome cheez! You will love it here. We are all a litle wacky, but have a lot of fun and have made some great friendships. It would be so much fun if we could all meet somewhere geographically centered to us all and make a weekend out of it. Of course it might be scarey too, to actully meet in person. Who knows? Maybe someday we will meet! I know we will all go crash at Ellis's place, we know how much she loves company! Just kidding sweety!
Good for you Ruth walking to the Library. I need to get my butt into gear sometime today! I have not been to the gym in three days. Have been busy running here and there(figuratively speasking). Maybe I should really be running! Anyway after the alcoholic haze from last nights October Beer Fest wears off I will get it into gear.
Think I will take a nap!
Chat with you all later

Virginia

Jinxii
10-05-2002, 11:30 AM
Hello all:wave:

The weekends here at last! Just been for a long walk, don't get the chance much in the week. I have to drive to work because it's too far to walk and with all the things I drag back and forward, certainly couldn't manage a bike! It would never take the strain!!

Suchaprettyface: well done on your loss so far, 40 pounds is fantastic :cp: Let us know how your next weigh in goes.

Cheez: welcome, I'm new here this week and also a teacher. Look forward to chatting with you.

Ruth:Glad your wrist is on the mend. Take it easy :) What breed are your dogs? I was just thinking how much I miss mine today when I was walking.

Wildfire: Sounds like you've been working far too much, hope you get a well deserved break soon. I too find myself finding the wrong foods, especially when I'm busy or overworked as you clearly are. Good on you for realising and making the change. Motivation? At the moment I find it helps to remember the reasons why I want to lose weight. Keep a diary and write in it everytime you are tempted - I write in mine a lot!!;) I've also set a mini- goal to help me on my way! Going to try and loose 14 pounds before Christmas (12 weeks away). Hope this was some help.

Take care everybody
Jinx :flow1:

Jinxii
10-05-2002, 11:34 AM
Virginia,
It sounds like you had a good time at the Beer fest ;)
Glad you had fun-
Jinx

cheez
10-05-2002, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Very relieved it's Saturday. My boss is driving me nuts - anyone out there plotting revenge on the boss, let me know. I'd love to brainstorm. :devil:

My weekend? I have to take dd to yet another bday party today. Why can't my kids be more antisocial (like me!)? On top of that, I promised to help a friend who's moving - she's got a 6 yr old, a 2 yr old, is 8 mos pregnant and is moving to another state. Exactly the same boat I was in 2 yrs ago - the poor sap.

Oh, here's a motivation tip for incredibly lazy people like me: write down everything you consume. You see, I'm so lazy that just the idea of having to write it down keeps me from eating. Sad, huh?

cheez
10-05-2002, 12:31 PM
OH, Ellis - I have to tell you that your Brandeis quote is a favorite around here. DH uses it quite often.

katrinabgood
10-05-2002, 02:26 PM
Hey kids...

Welcome cheez...gosh, we ARE a bright, funny, sophisticated, beautiful, sexy group of chicks, aren't we?

Ruth...umm...the onions and the pepper squash didn't go on the cereal TOO, did they?

Wildfire...okey dokey...bend over!

Virginia... don't tell ellis, but let's all surprise her and just show up on her doorstep, with our sleeping bags! :lol: :lol:

Well...there is an anxious 16 year old, pacing outside my door here, waiting, just waiting for me to surrender the computer...like she doesn't monopolize the thing most days! She won't ask, though, so, ***** that I am, I've been deliberately hogging it this afternoon. She's been a bit tempermental lately for some reason and I have decided NOT to fight, just let her have to swallow her pride and ask for what she needs...instead of me being "Mommy on the Spot" and ready to jump when she needs a ride, $$, or whatever. I'm learning...slowly...

Awww...she's out there filling out college apps...in a year's time, I'll be missing her so much ...I TRY, but I can't stay mad for too long!

Have a good weekend all...

mauvaisroux
10-06-2002, 08:30 PM
HI everone! :)

Welcome back Punkinseed and Wildwire, missed you both!

Welcome Cheez, glad you could join us!

Phew! I had a very busy weekend, as usual:rolleyes:
Wahhh:( I don't want to go to work tomorrow! I have now put my resume into two government job pools so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will call me and give me a job:hyper:

I am with you Jinxii- I want to lose 10 lbs before December 1st.

ellis
10-06-2002, 09:39 PM
Okay, I'm not really here, but I just wanted to welcome cheez. Glad to hear I'm not the only corp basher around here. ;)

I would LOVE you all to come to my house. If there's one thing I hate more than company, it's travelling to BE company! Just let me know the date... there's lots of room.
We'll walk down to see the Parliament buildings and get up to make fudge in the middle of the night. :D

love to all...

soozie
10-07-2002, 12:22 AM
Hey Ellis that sounds like total fun.

Welcome Cheez.

I haven't been to the gym since thursday but I've been doing so much in my house I must be burning some extra calories. I'm having friends over on Oct. 25th and would like everything to be finished by then.

DP and I are going to make an appt. with a nutritionist to help us meal plan together. Did I post that somewhere else already? We have so many threads and there are so many of us here now...Mauvais are you proud of how much your baby has grown? You really tapped a vital spring of interesting women!

I'll be back as today is weigh-in day...see you in weigh out there!
Love, Soozie

barefootgrrrl
10-07-2002, 08:44 AM
Do any of you remember the I Love Lucy episode where Fred and Ricky trade places with Lucy and Ethel?........well..........

Last night, I tried to be the good mom. My DD gets up real early to leave for school. I thought I would make her some hot whole grain cereal to have ready in the morning by putting it in the rice cooker the night before.

I put the cereal and water in the cooker and went to bed. DH and I were watching TV a few minutes later when all of a sudden we heard this banging and clanging noise.

We ran downstairs and I flipped the top off the cooker. He looked at me " oh no! it's only meant to be used with rice!"

The cereal started spewing out of the cooker, down the counter, down the cabinets and onto the floor - tons and tons of it! and I'd only used 1/2 cup of dry cereal!!

Where did it all come from???

:o

Anyway, we sprang into action - me with paper towels cleaning the floors and counter, he with the machine and its various little nooks and crannies. That sweet man stayed up past midnight digging little cereal grains out of the crevices of the machine.

Lesson: next time try the crockpot :)

have a great day all - terri !

Punkinseed
10-07-2002, 11:04 AM
Hey everyone!!! :wave:

24 hours from now I'll be in my car, an hour into my vacation, and an hour closer to my friends in California!!!! :cb: I wasn't excited until I started packing yesterday (while watching my 49er's kick BUTT!!! :cb: ) but now I wanna go!!!!

Did I ever mention I need this vacation?? Between being sick and injured for the last 2 weeks, I think I really, REALLY need to get out of here!!! Then only thing that truly sucks is that 4 days after I get back I'm going to be going BACK to California for a business meeting, then back on Sunday the 20th - but at least I'm sharing the driving with my Mom in HER car and finally, after 3 years, getting the last of my boxes and furniture out of our shop!!

Wildfire - Yea, springy pants are most comfy and what I'll probably be sticking with for awhile - the trick is to wear a shirt that covers the elastic so as to not look like a grandma... :rolleyes:

Terrrrri - oooh, scary cook you!! Actually, I did something similar trying to make minute rice in the microwave. Either I have a VERY strong microwave or the directions on the box are b.s. cuz I ended up with little bits of rice in every nook and cranny of my microwave!

Brenna - Hi!!!! I'm also a SF Bay Area transplanted in Oregon!!! I've been here for a bit over 3 years so far and LOVE it. Miss my friends though - but we get together a couple times a year and talk on the phone and email more now than before I moved! Welcome to the group AND the state!
Oh, and yes I've wanted to exact revenge against my boss - thing is, is that my "boss" is also my Mom.... my revenge is going on vacation and she has to do my job and work full time!!! :devil: Muahahahahaha....

Ok, time to get some work done before I spend the next 7 days in sweats and t-shirts. Saturday we hit Lake Shasta on the houseboat (aka S.S. Margaritaville). Yes, I will be getting back on track when I return!!!! :yes:

Squishy kisses,
Terri

Wanttolosealot
10-07-2002, 02:09 PM
Oh my goodness Baarefoot, That must have been an aweful mess. You have a good hubby to clean that all up for you. Mine would have laughed his *** of and then gone and sat in front of the TV.
Punkin- Have a great trip, and fill us in on all the details when you return!
Virginia

barefootgrrrl
10-07-2002, 07:34 PM
PunkinTerri!!! Have a great time! take pics! no better yet - take us! no, hee hee, this is *your* time :lol:

Brenna - I forgot to say hello and welcome! I like your avatar.....so much that I have one of those girls dancing in the back window of my car - I love Hawaiiana stuff

Hi to you Jinx too :)

wildfire! elastic is my life -but I do have some jeans just waiting me - could you find something to replace the ice cream that would still satisfy? I like a little SF pudding with whipped cream and a tiny sprinkle of nuts - I find that will do it for me.

terrigrrrl - washed the cereal grains out of my hair just a little bit ago :lol:

Wildfire
10-07-2002, 08:25 PM
Hiya girls! I did it! I'm OP today! Counting my after-work bowling league as my exercise tonight. Already have lunch cooked to take to work and heat up tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome back, mauvais! How are you sleeping these days?

Ellis...careful...I can be at your place in a few hours' drive! And I have a great brown sugar fudge recipe...guaranteed to rot your teeth on the spot! And we'd HAVE to do Midnight Margaritas! Oh..um...why aren't you here? :?:

terrigrrrl.... :lol: What a sight that must have been! Sounds totally like something I'd do. On the ice-cream...I do like some kinds of frozen yogurt...they just don't make it in flavors like Rolo and Turtle and ....well, you know what I mean. The key is not to bring the stuff home!!!

Punkin, I scored big with the elastic-insert pants...they came with a nice belt that hides the bit of elastic on the side! :s: Have a safe trip and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

Well, on the boss front...after six phone calls to my home this weekend I got fed up and went out. :censored: Shopping does wonders for the nerves, not to mention the murder statistics. I didn't return any of his messages. For pete's sake, he gets paid twice what I do...I don't feel I should have to put in the extra hours that he does. I told him this.

Anyway, another day at the salt mine looms...must iron clothes and pack that lunch.

Hope everyone is well! :wave:

ellis
10-08-2002, 07:06 AM
I'm not here because I'm trying not to be everywhere.
The fudge sounds wicked. Come on down. You'll have to make the Margaritas, though... I don't know how...

Terri, have fun on your trip!

Ruthxxx
10-08-2002, 07:58 AM
Terri, have a ball on your trip.

Wildfire, pick me up on your way Chez Ellis. I'll make a jug of Margaritas and join you on the trip. Meet you on the 401 at the 416 exit!

Gonna putter around today. I am getting pretty fed up with having a gimpy hand and can hardly wait for the stitch removal on Thursday. It'll be nice to have some two handed days before the left wrist operation on the 23rd.

Have a gread day, chickies.

Wildfire
10-08-2002, 06:27 PM
Ellis, why are you trying to not be everywhere? Obviously I've missed something while scarfing fries during the last two weeks?

Ruth, I'll pick you up....but should we warn ellis that we're coming?

Hey, you know this whole planning thing really works. Another day OP! Of course, I knew that planning worked before, I just chose not to. Back on track, though, and unless I get derailed again I hope to start actually losing weight again! It's been a while.

Hubby is cooking dinner and I'm supposed to be tidying up...our apartment is being inspected tomorrow by the landlord...some annual structural inspection. Yeah, right...they're just nosy and want to see what you're doing to the place!

Hi everyone! :wave:

Jinxii
10-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Hello everyone :wave:

Hope you are all doing well :)

Terri- hope you have a great holiday:cool:

Mauvaisroux- Any news about your job applications yet? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I lost 1.5 pounds this week towards my 14 for Christmas. Let me know how you're doing :)

Take care all!
Jinxii :flow1:

mauvaisroux
10-09-2002, 11:29 PM
Evening all:wave:

Darn I should be in bed by now but I don't feel tired.

Jinxii- no word on the job yet but it could be a few months before they call me to write the test. Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me! My toes are crossed too, which does make it difficult to walk ;) I am trying to lose 10lbs by Christmas too and hopefully not gain it back during Christmas :lol:

Hey if we are all going to Ellis' I will make my martini's too! Who is bringing the chips and guacamole?

Ruthxxx-how is your wrist these days, I hope you are not overdoing it:nono:

Terri-have a great trip!

Wildfire- well now, isn't your boss just the treat of the week! I thought mine was bad, at least he doesn't call me at home! :chin: Although I have had to call him at 8 am from my home to remind him of his 9 am doctor's appointments, sheesh, isn't his wife supposed to do that:rolleyes:

barefootgrrrl
10-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Hey all! Has anyone seen Lois lately? Is she missing in action?

About bosses calling you at home - I work from home 3 days/week.... and use both portable and cell phones.

I've taken calls under the most interesting circumstances in the most interesting places - bath tub, swimming pool, outside deck, while curling my hair, painting my toe nails, helping DD with her homework

:lol:

Hey Mauvais.........hopefully your boss is an adult :) I can't imagine keeping my hub's schedule for him! If I did, he'd surely be lost!:lol:

Ruth - isn't today your stitch removal day? thinking of you

:cool: terrigrrl

Wildfire
10-10-2002, 04:44 PM
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!:mad:

Almost the end of a very frustrating day at work. I'm outta here at 5pm!

Thanks, just needed to scream. :wave:

mauvaisroux
10-10-2002, 10:17 PM
Oh no! Does this mean we have to start a scream therapy thread? :lol:

Hope you had a good relaxing evening Wildfire:)

Sojourner
10-11-2002, 11:32 AM
I have a fun but busy weekend ahead. Tonight my sister and family are coming into town so we will be visiting... then tomorrow we are having a birthday party for my four year old niece Rachel... a princess party (her ongoing obsession)! The idea was for all the little girls to dress up as princesses... but I have informed the entire family that all the women are going to the second hand stores today to find the most gaudy, pink, sequined, foofy dresses (think horrible bridesmaid dress) we can find to wear tomorrow! What a hoot! I can't wait... I am going to bring all of my hair and makeup stuff and will "do" eveyone's face and hair with glitter and sparkles and other obnoxious decorations. Rachel will never forget it! Then tomorrow night I am having a girl's night out at my house... about ten alternagirlfriends are coming over to drink and eat and hot tub and then we are all going out on the town! Oh, and I also have to bake a princess cake today for the birthday party, get my house tidied up for tomorrow night's party, and prepare a fabulous hors d'oeuvre. Sheesh... I suppose I better get out of my bathrobe this morning and find a large cappuchino. Wish all you alternachicks could join me tomorrow night for my girl's night out! :spin:

ellis
10-11-2002, 12:17 PM
Yeah, where IS Lois?

Oh my gosh, Sojo, I want to come to your party! I HATE dressing up, but THAT would be a hoot!
HAVE FUN!!

Ruthxxx
10-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Sojo, the party sounds great!

Well, my stitches are out of my wrist but it's not "all better". The doc claims I may have been using it too much as its not healed as well as he would like. :shrug: So I'm wearing a dressing again BUT it sure feels better than those damned picky stitches!

Would you believe we have NO plans for Thanksgiving weekend? My son, DIL and bambina are going to her parents' place and we really don't feel up to joining them! Suits me as the whole family is sports crazy and has the TV on even during dinner! I'm such a snob! DH and I will probably have rack of lamb for two unless I suddenly get the urge to cook a big Waifs and Orphans Dinner.

Why is it that somebody comes calling every darn time I get onto the Net?!!! Ladies voices from downstairs and DH hollering "Ruth" so I'd better go rescue him!

I hope we all have a good weekend.

ellis
10-11-2002, 06:38 PM
Ruth, your poor lil' wrist! Why am I not surprised that you've been using it too much?! :lol: (I would have done the same, sweetie, heh heh. Life is too damned short to sit around all lady-like)
TV on during dinner? I know exactly how you feel, Ruth. I've got in-laws... ...never mind. Gee, we're such snobs. :D
Tell those callers to p-off.
Listen, if you're really stuck for something to do on Sunday and are willing to put up with two plug-ugly little yappy dogs plus some dullard relatives, come on over. Around 1:ish. I'm making a big chicken pot pie and a beef pie. Anyone who wants turkey can damned well bring their own.
Geepers, I'm getting :censored: by the minute. If that :censored: dog poops on my floor again.... And if that other :censored: old dog pees on my guest bedding again...
Curses... they'll be here soon and I'm getting more uptight by the minute. I'm going to get some Advil and a whiskey. A double. Straight up.

Wanttolosealot
10-11-2002, 08:04 PM
I 'll have a double too please Ellis!
Virginia
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

ellis
10-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Come on over, Virginia.
geez, I'm crabby. I'm working on my meat pie. Hoping not to burn 20 bucks worth of beef.
Happy Thanksgiving...
Virginia, what are you making?

Wanttolosealot
10-11-2002, 08:16 PM
As little as possible, my mom is having us all over for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. She feels it is a better time to get everyone together, she makes everything and never asks anyone to bring anything. Just ourselves and our appetites.
Virginia

ellis
10-11-2002, 08:19 PM
You sly dog, you. :D

Sojourner
10-11-2002, 11:18 PM
Oh my god... you will not believe the hideous dresses we tried on today in our quest to be a princess! My sister and I almost peed our pants we were laughing so hard. :lol: We are both a little on the "curvy" side... so these dresses were exceptionally ridiculous. She got this giant blueberry colored satin monster... mine is cranberry red and covered with bows with poofy sleeves. We got one for our thin sister that is SO horrid... it is pale blue with lace, gathered up on the bottom with bows and big crinkly lacy things peeking out, and frills galore... a regular cinderella dress! The kids will love it!

And right now I am making my barbie cake... what a fun party for my beautiful niece.

Jinxii
10-12-2002, 07:46 AM
I'm having a really quiet weekend, thats sounds so dull compared to all your Thanksgiving celebrations!

Wildfire- I hope you have a better weekend than yesterday was- a scream therapy thread sounds like a great idea! I bet it would get a lot of posts quickly! :lol:

Ruth- Take care of your wrist; I'm sure it will heal with time. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ellis- It sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you- I hope the double whiskey helped! Bet it did ;) Have fun.

Sojo- I bet you are going to have a fabulous weekend! The party sounds fantastic and I bet your niece will love it. Make the most of it, they grow far too quickly! Good luck with the cake you brave woman :D

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everybody
Jinxii

katrinabgood
10-12-2002, 07:57 AM
Oh Sojo, I want to come to the party!!! What a fun, girly way to celebrate! If you want to "recycle" any of your *fancy* party dresses, here's what my sister did when my daughter was about 3...

Take one heinous bridesmaid ensemble...(in her case, it was hot pink satin, with a full gathered skirt and a HUGE bow over the ***, pink satin pumps, and some flowery hair adornment on a comb.) She cut the top off, and gathered the skirt top in elastic, saving the loverly *** BOW, naturally...My daughter, wore the skirt up over her chest at first, and then down at her waist as she got taller. She LOVED IT and flounced and twirled around the house in her outfit every day for about 2 years, pumps and all! Now THAT'S getting your money's worth for such a frightful get up!

...sis and the bride are no longer friends, by the way. I would have ended that friendship the day she said I was wearing such a garish outfit...

Wildfire
10-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Told my boss as I left work at 5pm yesterday that I DO NOT EXIST until Tuesday morning about 7:30-ish. God(ess) help him if he calls me this weekend. You know, I read an article recently that says it's bad if you regularly fantasize about quitting/getting fired from your job. I've been very bad. I'm going to give my resume a going-over and start looking, I think. I've never been fond of ****s, and I'm damn tired of working for them.

Mauvais, treat of the week doesn't even begin to go there. Sounds like you've got a needy little boy of a boss, too. I'm sorry.

Ruth, sorry to hear you're recovery challenged. :D Probably from giving all those unwanted visitors the finger when they aren't looking. At least those itchy stitches are out! Have to ask...what's a Waifs and Orphans dinner, and if one was to show up when said dinner was being served, what is the appropriate attire?

ellis, how did the meat pie turn out?

Sojo, that party sounds like a right proper hoot! Oops...my east coast slang is showing. How did it go?

Jinxii, thanks, but yesterday's only redeeming quality was that it was Friday before a long weekend. We're having a quiet weekend, too, and I'm not even cooking a turkey this year! We're going to my uncle's for dinner on Monday.

Katrina, great idea for recycling hideous dresses!

Jinxii
10-12-2002, 11:02 AM
Wildfire- sorry to hear you're having such a rough time a work. I would start looking around if I was you. A few years ago, I stuck in a job working for a dreadful employer and it made me so unhappy. Looking back I'll never know why I stuck with it for so long when all my friends and family and my instincts were telling me to leave. Let us know how things go.
Anyway, make the most of your long weekend and enjoy your dinner. Keep smiling ;)
Jinxii:flow1:

mauvaisroux
10-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadian Chicks!:hat:

Hope all of you U.S. chicks had a great weekend too!

I have been spending this cloudy/rainy day lounging on the couch and watching Trading Space and then reading. It sure feels good to do absolutely nothing for once:D We are having dinner with my parents tonight and the only thing I have to do is make the vegetables:dancer:

Ruthxxx-hope your wrist gets better soon!

Ellis-I once saw an old black and white horror movie where a manservant got revenge on his horrible master by baking his two dogs into a pie and serving them to the miserable man for his supper...is that going to far? :lol: Okay so I would never actually do that but hey it would be a suitable revenge wouldn't it, as long as you serve the real beef pie to DH and kids!

Sojo-your niece's party sounds like so much fun! Umm, those dresses sound vaguely familiar...I was a bridesmaid a couple of times, hmm...

Speaking of bridesmaid dresses...one of my friend's had to wear and electric blue, white lace trimmed, victorian style gown complete with matching hat with a veil for a wedding she was in :p One year her she wore it as a Hallowe'en costume as her husband and her went out as a victorian couple. The next year they wore the same outfits but added zombie makeup and cobwebs to them and went out as a dead victorian couple:lol: At least she wore it more than once after spending all that money on it :rolleyes:

Wildfire-you said it! At least he doesn't ask me to pick up his drycleaning, although I have had to go to the drugstore to pick up his "trying to quit smoking gum" :mad:

dentrassi
10-13-2002, 08:44 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU CANADIAN ALTERNACHICKS!!!!!!!!

Mauvais-Hope you manage to find a new job. Your boss sounds like an @$$HOLE!!!!!!!!!!! Did you have a good time at your parents' house?

Wildfire-SAME TO YOU!!!! It seems like there is way too much of that creepy attitude going around. I'm glad you told your boss not to call!!!

Sojo-I want to go too!!! Sounds like lots of fun!!!! How did it go by the way?

Ellis-How did it go? Did you stick with the beef and chicken or did you use Mauvais' suggestion? (snicker) The way you described those little mutts I don't know if there would be enough meat left on them to bake them in a pie....Sounds like everything ends up on your carpeting!!!

Ruth- sorry to hear that the wrist is giving you trouble. TAKE IT EASIER!!!!!
You need to get all healed up!!

Wanttolosealot-THAT is the way to enjoy Thanksgiving....just show up and enjoy!!!!!

Jinx-Glad you got out of that yucky job!!!

Katrina-So what did she do with the *** bow? (I love that name!!) Did she put it on her head or keep using it on her ***?

katrinabgood
10-13-2002, 10:09 PM
My daughter LOVED the *** BOW!!! She wore it in front so that she could see it all the time! Today she wouldn't be caught dead in anything pink...or with an *** bow, for that matter...

dentrassi
10-14-2002, 12:13 AM
TOO FUNNY!!!! I hate pink, but i might wear an *** bow just to be obnoxious!!!!!

ellis
10-14-2002, 08:53 AM
Mauvais, I love your idea. heh heh. I should have thought of that myself, having recently seen "Sweeny Todd". :D I have a feeling my SIL would know, however. She told us a story about unsuspectingly tasting dog soup in Korea. She said she took one sip and thought it tasted/smelled like wet dog, and couldn't eat anymore. When her co-workers told her it was dog soup, she just about keeled over.
I love the story about your friend and the victorian dress. :lol:

Den darling, you don't need to wear an *** bow to be obnoxious. :D (sorry, I couldn't resist)
You're right... those dogs are too damned small for anything but an easy burial.
Where's that sweet little baby? You DO realize that he's going to have the most beautiful skin... he's not all pasty and white like us Brits, the lucky little fellow!

Kat and Virginia, in changing your avatars, you have completely screwed me up. I just don't recognize you anymore. ;)

Wildfire, we'll see what we can do about finding you a new job. You and Mauvais, and... who else needs a new job?
My meat pies were fabulous, thank you. :) Even my father complimented me a couple of times.

Sojo, how was the pink party?

Jinxi, I'm British, but I'm damned if I remember... do you have any kind of "thanksgiving holiday", or is there nothing to be thankful for? :D That's not what I meant. I meant that you don't have to be thankful to people for settling the land only about 250 years ago. Cutting down trees, building houses, clearing land for fields, being killed by natives, ... you know... that sort of hellish thing.

Hello to all of you other darling girls.... :wave:

barefootgrrrl
10-14-2002, 11:13 AM
Oh Ellis!

You always give me a good laugh or two whenever I logon! Thank you!

I am curious about the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday.......is it like ours? The Govt picked a day? is the meaning the same - settlement and....that sort of thing?:lol:

Not to get too serious about all of this, but today is Columbus day here and while I'm glad somebody found America and I'm glad America was settled, the bigger story of what happened all those years ago was appalling (In my humble opinion, of course)

Anyway, today we're going to the pumpkin patch. We also need a few apples! Nothing like fall foliage and sunshine and crisp leaves and apples and pumpkins to make a smile :) and there is little else that can make a parent happier than to see their child having fun :)

Sending love today - Terri

SuchAPrettyFace
10-14-2002, 02:09 PM
Happy (late) Thanksgiving to all you Canadian Alternachicks! :)

Sojo: How'd it go???

Hope PunkinTerri is having a nice vacation.

How is your wrist today, Ruthxxx?

*** bow! :lol: I always wondered why they did that to the dresses. . My *** needs no further attention called to it.

Incidentally, when I was a kid looking at prom dresses in Seventeen magazine, one of the ones I wanted was the electric blue w/the white lace. It also came in red!

katrinabgood
10-14-2002, 07:57 PM
We went to the apple orchard today...to do the Fall Thing...unfortunately, picking the apples off the ground just isn't the same as picking them out of the trees! I guess with all the rain this past weekend, all the apples fell to the ground. So I didn't get nearly as many as I usually do. Which is probably a good thing, cuz I usually bring home W*A*Y too many. There are only so many apple pies, apple crisps and applesauce you can make...I think I'll try apple butter this year.

I'm off to bed early tonight...

:wave:

mauvaisroux
10-14-2002, 09:41 PM
Evening everyone :wave:

Hope you all had a good weekend:)

I had a nice relaxing two days with no social obligations and no housework to do:D I feel really good today, I really needed the rest!

Ellis- umm.. how about dogtarts?

Katrina-can you send me some apple crisp:T

ellis
10-15-2002, 07:40 AM
Gee, Mauvais... dogtarts... if they weren't leaving this morning, I'd seriously consider it. :lol:
I'm really glad you had a good rest. How's the great job hunt? If you're really desperate, I'm looking for a live-in house cleaner and cook. No pay, but free room and board. :D
Tell your boss to get a day planner. What a p.

Kat, what kind of apples did you ummm, pick? I must get some Macs... they are the BEST! I'll take two containers of apple butter, please. :)

SuchAPrettyFace, that prom dress sounds, ummm, lovely. :lol: I assume your tastes have since changed?

Terri, yes the government picked ours in ummm, 18... something. Someone gave a good link to Thanksgiving info and stuff...
Oh yes... let's not talk about that Columbus! ;)
There is no freakier site than a pumpkin patch. There's usually a field of them near us... I must take a drive by. What a beautiful colour they are!
In fact, THAT'S the colour I'm going to paint one of my kitchen walls! Oh! And I had a brain-wave yesterday. You know how the cupboard under the sink is always disgusting? You could clean it every day, but it's just not somewhere you want to store anything. Anyhow, I saw a picture in a magazine. A wooden countertop on steel legs. You could actually see the underside of the stainless steel sink plus the plumbing. They had stainless steel baskets and things on wheels and a pull-out under-the-counter-counter, etc under the wooden counter. It looks so cool! Even the plumbing looks cool! Think how easy it'll be to clean! No more sticking my head into the dark depths to clean out mouse dirt and greasy dust. blah.
geez, I'm rambling...

You know, when you're a houseguest at a dogless household and you've brought your two dogs with you, you DON'T put your plate on the floor after dinner so that the dogs can lick up your left-overs.
And you DON'T drop a piece of meat on my dining room floor so that the dogs can lick it off the floor. You don't let them sit on my living room chairs so that everyone else has to sit on a hard dining room chair. You don't let them sleep on the guest bed with you so that Ellis has to wash EVERY DAMNED BIT OF BEDDING after you've gone. You don't let them jump up beside Ellis on the couch after they've just had a pee and a poo in Ellis' garden. THEY'VE GOT DIRTY BUMS!!!
You don't sit at the dining room table with one of them on your lap. And you don't talk about them more than a devoted mother talks about her child.
I think I'm losing my mind...

Ruthxxx
10-15-2002, 08:53 AM
Who are those dog nuts? I thought I was bad but they sound positively revolting! I must come visit you with Hershey, Ellis, and you will see how perfect a dog can be! Those dogs belong in dog tarts and the owners should be turned over to Hannibal Lecter!

I know exactly what you mean about the kitchen sink cavern. I feel like just spraying everything in there with white paint!

VENT ALERT! Am having second thoughts about getting my other wrist fixed Oct. 23 - the right one is still pretty sore and not healing as fast as I want. Of course it's just been 2 weeks and a few days BUT.... I want to go out west mid-November and don't want to do it with two screwed up wrists! Right now I'm feeling pretty frustrated about this - I want to get out there and put my garden to bed, do soem wallpapering, sew some winter clothes AND THE DAMNED WRIST IS HOLDING ME BACK!

Sorry - I am Kwabby today. I think I'll go have another coffee and then go for a walk. We are really frosted today so I'll need a jacket.

soozie
10-15-2002, 10:28 AM
Ruth, hope you're feeling better soon! It is so frustrating looking at what you want to get done and not being able to do it!!! Maybe you can postpone the other wrist until this one feels 100%.

Kat, love the dress idea...my kid would have loved that...unfortunately she is already moving away from the total frou-frou stage and on to wanting to look "cool"... I could deal with fluffy better than her wanting to look like Brittany Spears...what next? a tatoo maybe?

Sojo, what a fabulous party idea for a little girl...I'm sure that they adored it! You'll have to give us a full report. I should add that although my pipsqueek isn't into girly frilly dresses anymore she is big into makeup. wants to wear it all of the time...I restrict it to when she is playing dressup in the house. She's all girl.

Ellis, that sink idea sounds really sharp. Since I had the kitchen redone everything under our sink is all clean and spiffy. I'm anxious to keep it that way...arranging the cleaners and shoe polish and vases and plant food that we store under there and trying to prevent anything from dripping on the shelving...in two years or so it will be creepy again. At least no meeces. And no meece's fecees. :mouse: They usually stay in the utility room if they do venture into the house and we have the utility room floor done in glue traps...its quite a look you should consider it for one of your rooms...of course we have to be very careful not to let the cat in there...

One time I had a guy doing some work in the house and as always I cautioned him to keep the utility room door closed because of the cat. When I got home from work I took a look in the utility room and told DP...I think Jasmine was in the utility room...she said, what makes you think that?...I held up a glue trap with a big poof of silver white fur stuck to it!!! (we did a DNA match and found with 99.9% accuracy that that was Jasmine's fur)

Ellis, did you say that you were rambling? I haven't been in this thread for a week and I'm monopolizing it...oy vay! And speaking of pets, Ellis, Ellis, those dogs...well, truly, its not the dogs but their people who have no manners. Dogs only know what they've been taught. Those people sound absurd! and rude, too.

Well enough of my diatribe.
Love to you chickies,
Soozie

SuchAPrettyFace
10-15-2002, 11:42 AM
Ellis: I still love that color, but the dress I'd only wear on Retro Back to the '80's Night, or Halloween. My dog is very VERY well behaved in other people's houses. We do not lick off the floor. We do not beg at the table. We have our own doggie-bed. We do not sit on the furniture. He's a perfect little gentleman. At home, however, is another story altogether!

Ruth: Hang in there, hon. It's got to get better!

Soozie: Poor Jasmine!

ellis
10-15-2002, 03:26 PM
oh, Ruth... your poor wrist. If it's any consolation, my father felt the same way after HIS first. But he's VERY glad now that he had it done, and is considering getting the other hand done.
Yes, I'd love to meet Hershey. I can't imagine you putting up with any crap like that from YOUR dogs. :D
Hey, you are doing GREAT with the walking! We're very proud of you! :cb:

Soozie and Suchaprettyface, they're my SIL's dogs, and I love her dearly for the most part. But you're right... very rude. I don't care WHAT dogs do at their own home...everyone has their own rules... but when they go out visiting they should be on their best behaviour.

sigh. They've left. I'm numb.

Sojourner
10-15-2002, 10:54 PM
Well... both of my parties were lots of fun. The princess party was a smashing success. We all looked hideous in our dresses and tiaras and glitter. The kids loved it and even the adults had a lot of fun! And the Barbie cake turned out great despite several mishaps during its creation.

My girls night out was also a hit... lots of margaritas and yummy food and laughing. We went out on the town for drinks at a fun martini bar and then out dancing. I didn't get to bed until 3 am.

mauvaisroux
10-15-2002, 10:57 PM
Ellis- that was really rude of your SIL to do! Can you imagine how she would feel if you went to her place for a visit and you let your kids pee on her bedding, get soaking wet and roll around in the dirt then jump on her couch, pick up a plate at dinner and lick it clean, and throw food on the floor???? :rolleyes:

She would totally :fr: and never have you back! :lol:

Punkinseed
10-16-2002, 10:46 AM
I'm baaaaaack!

And sick. Can you freakin' believe this???? I woke up at 3am with a **** of a sore throat. I have a little white spot and it hurts like a mother - WHAT is this???? Probably some fungus that will cost me $$$$ to get rid of because according to Lifewise (the only individual insurance policy I can afford) I'm too FAT to be insured, thus I don't have coverage... Ooooh, yea, I'm a happy girl... :rolleyes: Oh well, my back feels better!! (think positive Terri, think positive!)

Ok, rant over

I'm turning around and going back to CA for a business meeting on Friday, then coming home on Sunday. Then I don't plan on moving from the recliner until my body and mind have had a chance to heal.

Vacation was good - too busy though. We spent most of it getting ready for the houseboat and smack in the middle of the week I had another business meeting. Then my girlfriend lets her daughter invite a friend and that little girl did nothing but whine and complain the ENTIRE time on the boat! I was thisclose to chucking her butt overboard. We all agreed that she will NOT be invited again.

The highlight of the trip - polishing off a 1/5th of Captain Morgan spiced rum and 2 two liters of Coke with my friend's husbands and one of my girlfriends (the other one stayed clear headed and "babysat"). By the end of the evening we were talking about "The Capt'n" like he was a real person and ending all our sentences in "Aaargh!" Ever try to play Trivial Pursuit after sharing a 1/5th with 3 friends???? It's hard - you can't feel your tongue after a certain point.

So anyway, after I get back on Monday I hope to get back into the loop - I feel like I've been gone a month...

Terri

Ruthxxx
10-16-2002, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a great holiday, Terri. I'd make the kid walk the plank next time. Boats are too small for brats - unless it's the Queen E.

Well, I just got my surgery changed from next week to November 27! That means I'll have at least one good wrist for my trip to Nanaimo mid-November. It also means I'll need to get my Christmas organizing and baking done well ahead of time.

Pissy rainy day today. What do you chicks do to cheer up days like this? I am wearing red, making soup for lunch and thinking fondly of the sherry bottle!

barefootgrrrl
10-16-2002, 12:14 PM
It is a crappy, rainy, chilly day here too and I'm wrapped in a blanket while working - I have low carb chicken soup in the crockpot - my first experiment with low carb soupmaking.

wow - talk about a challenge coming up with veggies to put in with it! :lol: lemme seee......green beans, celery, green peppers, turnip, strained canned tomatoes.......and chicken - got my fingers crossed :lol: who knew the day would come when I would miss the lowly onion and carrot :lol:

Usually I cheer myself up with great tunes, but I recently sold my vintage 1985 stereo system in our yard sale and have yet to buy a new system :( not only that - when I get a business call I must leap to the living room to turn the music down lest they think I am actually having a good time here! :lol:

Punkin! glad you are back! missed you :) I fell over reading about your Captain Morgain Trivial Pursuit party - sounds like fun -except for the rugrat! LOL

Ok, now about your throat.......you must talk to Ellis about it. Not too long ago she posted about her home remedy......something about salt water or vinegar or something that you gargle and it kills the bad stuff and makes you feel well again.

Ellis?

talk to y'all later - terrigrrl

ellis
10-16-2002, 12:35 PM
Terri, welcome back!!! Glad you had a good holiday (MOST of the time!).
A glass of water with a teaspoon of cider vinegar in it. 3 times a day. Get better soon, hon.
Trivial Pursuit is a hoot with the right people. We played it on the weekend, too.

Ruth... go to bed with a book and a sherry. Or; as Ellis just did, with a small glass of maple syrup. :D

Terrigrrrl, could we have your soup recipe in the recipe thread when you have time? Please? :)

Is it raining all over North America?

Punkinseed
10-16-2002, 02:16 PM
Thanks Ellis! I have a Dr.'s appt. today because of the white spot - they think it might be strep in which case I'd need antibiotics. Grrrr... However, if it's just a plain ol' case of sore throat I will be doing the Ellis remedy! What does kinda' worry me is that I've had Epstein-Barr before and this feels exactly the same - like if I blink too long I'm going to fall asleep... I'm sure I'm just worn out from being so busy.

It's not raining in this part of North America - I wish it would though...

Did I mention that I joined Curves yesterday?? I went with my girlfriend while I was in CA and loved it. I'm excited - actually excited enough that I'm going to ask my doc if it's ok if I still go and do a light workout today! Who'da thunk it?? :shrug:

Back to work!!

Terri

barefootgrrrl
10-16-2002, 07:12 PM
Sure Ellis.......I think you mean the Recipe thread on the Low Carb board, cuz we don't have a recipe thread here?

Anyway - here it is and I can post it there too, bear with me, I am an unconventional cook!:lol:

After you've enjoyed a roasted chicken for dinner, save the carcass and some chicken meat and refrigerate or freeze depending on how soon you plan to make the soup.

Before going to bed - place the carcass in a crockpot on low and cover with water. Cook on low overnight.

In the morning, remove and strain the broth, making sure to retain any chunks of meat that have separated from the bones and floated to the top :) set broth and meat aside in the fridge.

place a half cup of finely chopped onion, two cups of finely chopped celery and half cup of finely chopped green pepper in the bottom of the crockpot with 2 tblsp. of olive oil on high. After about 45 min. - add the broth back to the crockpot along with one 10 oz. pkg of frozen cut green beans, two small peeled and quartered turnips and a can of strained, diced tomatoes. Set to low and let cook for about 4 hrs. Approx 2 hrs before serving, add the chicken to the crockpot, along with salt and spices to taste. Stir well to break the chicken up into smaller pieces and to blend the flavors. Let cook on low until the 2 hrs are up.

Serve with a piece of low carb bread and butter and your favorite beverage. Very nice on a chilly damp day.

Notes: I made lowfat chicken soup for years. The difference is that this one has a richer, deeper flavor - but it's greener - no corn, carrots or noodles - so it's a tradeoff.

Terri

flower
10-16-2002, 09:29 PM
I have no idea if any of you remember me...but since I have been reading about you all, I will just pretend I never left. Well, it has been awhile. I lost my little fairy spiral notebook that has all my passwords in it. I finally opened boxes til I found it. I have slipped so much since moving the first week of Sept. My step mom is so good to us. So good that I have gained 10 pounds. I have to start walking or do more of the cooking or start only taking itty bitty portions. Going to tea and diet soda should help some. I was looking forward to baggy sweat clothes and they aren't very baggy. I finally got sad when I finally found the jacket I wanted and an XL does not fit. SO, I am going to start walking at lunchtime before Chris goes to work. Everyone is gaining not just me. We aren't used to eatting like royalty. Please someone think good house selling thoughts for me so I can bid on this repo I want. My dream Victorian was turning into the money pit. So I walked away. Which was way hard , but I want less stress not more. Anyways, my family is good. Good as they can be sharing a house with others. Grif has a cold. I believe it is that season. ~audri/flower

mauvaisroux
10-16-2002, 10:08 PM
Hi flower! Of course we remember you! :) It's good to hear that you are still with us.
How did the actual move go? What are you doing these days?
I will send good house selling thoughts to you :goodvibes

flower
10-16-2002, 11:25 PM
Well, the move went okay. Everything is in my fathers 2000 sq ft shop. His house is only 1400 sq ft. I guess that is how the rural life is. :) I don't think anything broke. But since I haven't gotton into everything I can't be too sure. I am glad when I move again...in about 6 weeks (keep fingers crossed), I don't have to do it all in one trip. We ended up renting two Ryders. I drove one 400 miles. But once I got over my nervousness, it was a piece of cake. I am not working. My boy friend is. (He is washing semi's) I am trying to open my own line of crafts and florals in the next year. I am going to work on the details real soon. I want to find a home first. I don't want a 60 hour away from home job tho. I want to be mom first. ~flower

ellis
10-17-2002, 05:39 AM
Flower, welcome back!!! :flow1:
Sorry to hear about the 10 pound gain. The same thing happened to us when we bought this house. I thought I'd LOSE 10 pounds, but we ended up eating out a lot...
Don't worry, hon... you'll get it off again, and more! It's a frustrating time for you, but your life will get settled again soon.
Sending lots of good selling and buying vibes your way.

Thanks for the recipe, Terrigrrrl... it looks yummy (sort of :lol: ). I'm going to make it this week in my crockpot. Wildfire started a thread called, ummm, Food Journal. We can post recipes there.

Terri, how did the doctor's appointment go? How are you feeling?

hugs to all...

Wanttolosealot
10-17-2002, 07:14 AM
Hi Flower,
Welcome back! So you made the move and are still trying to sell your home, well I wish you well, and I am sure you will sell your house and get your dream home in no time.
Virginia

Punkinseed
10-17-2002, 11:11 AM
Flower's back!!!!!! :flower:

Dr. appt went ok - it's not strep, she has no idea WHAT it is. I am running a temp and my neck is swollen. She told me no Curves and no trip to CA - that I should just go home and sleep. Well, I HAVE to go to CA, there is no getting out of it, but I guess I'll put off Curves until Monday...

When I went to CA my girlfriend and I started talking about doing more lo-carb (Curves has a similar weight loss plan) and your soup sounds really good Terri! I refuse to give up carbs, there are some things that I MUST have, but what I am going to focus on is the quality of the carbs - whole potatoes instead of french fries, checking my bread for wheat, fiber and unprocessed flours. The Curves book says most of our carbs are just one step from simple sugars - no wonder I'm having such a hard time kicking the sugar habit!

However, not worrying about weight right now. I'm up, quite a bit I think, but my clothes still fit. Right now, my biggest priority is to get better so I can start Curves and get my diet (as in my food) cleaned up. SOON!!!!

Terri

Wanttolosealot
10-17-2002, 06:53 PM
Yes Punkinseed, get well first. Don't overdo it! I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well, sure hope it is nothing serious and you are back to your old self very soon. Make yourself some nice soup and curl up under your favorite snuggly blankie. Take care!
Virginia

mauvaisroux
10-17-2002, 07:26 PM
Punkinseed-hope you get better soon :goodvibes

barefootgrrrl
10-18-2002, 03:44 AM
Flower - nice to see you again! I know moves are stressful.......but glad to see you are coming up for air :lol: (HUG)

Terri - take care of yourself - hope you feel better - wish I could send you some of my soup ;) :chicken:

Love, Terri

Ruthxxx
10-18-2002, 06:42 AM
Whaaaaah! Went to the doc yesterday for my blood results and my glucose levels are up from last time. Now I have to test my damned blood four times a day for a while! I've never had to do that and hate the thought!
So I'm feeling pissy!
The good news is he thinks my wrist is just fine. The pain I am feeling is not from the incision but from nerves regenerating.
Other good news, I got a haircut!
Other good news, Harry cleaned up after dinner last night!

ellis
10-18-2002, 07:03 AM
Ruth sweetie, I'm sorry about your damned glucose levels. What a pain. 4 times a day!! TOO MUCH!!! How do you do the test? Pee in a jar? Prick yourself? Spit in a cup?
Well, on the other hand, the rest of your news is just great. Think of the testing as ummm, I dunno... something romantic and tragic with a happy ending. Can you tell I just woke up? Just ignore me. I'm completely incoherent.
hugs...

Punkinseed
10-18-2002, 11:02 AM
All packed and ready to go!! 2nd trip to CA in a week - this sucks... well, at least I don't feel like the walking dead today. I woke up in a sweat at 2am and feel a bit better. I'll take it easy this weekend and hopefully by the time I'm home on Sunday I'll be ready to start Curves on Monday!! I haven't eaten a decent meal in a week and I'm looking forward to "real food" when I get back!

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone - I think they worked!

Ruth - I'm sorry about your blood test. I had a friend in high school who was diabetic and I used to prick my finger with her sometimes and test my sugar levels (the things we do when we're young...) and I swear, that tiny stab is more painful than the huge needles they use when you donate blood!!! Ouuuuch!
I'm so happy your wrist is healing!!! Thanks for the reminder too - I need a haircut desparately!

Well, time to run. I've got some work to do before I head south... hugs all, be back Monday!!

Terri

katrinabgood
10-18-2002, 12:01 PM
Punkin...I LOVE Curves! So convenient and quick and best of all, effective! Hope you feel better soon!

Hi everyone else...too tired to post...must sleep...see you later.

I HATE working nights!

OI812
10-18-2002, 03:52 PM
Sorry girls for not being around lately. Had a family crisis here this past week and I'm pretty sure it's settled now. So my dieting and exercising was thrown out the window during that time.

I'm really getting depressed about losing this weight. I wish I could just stop eating after one serving, that I could make good choices and that I could get my butt moving!

So..starting tomorrow I'm starting a food journal. I'm going to track my food intake and my calorie intake.
Monday, I'm going to start getting up at 6 am. and do an exercise program that is on the t.v. at 6:30.
I think I will also start an exercise thread on Monday for us. I will start a new one each day and when any of us has done our exercises, we post on the thread of what we did and for how long.

Anyways..I'm off to work.
I'll check back in tomorrow.
Have a great day everyone!

Kelly

squeaker
10-18-2002, 06:14 PM
Warning ranting inclosed!

Well, the very short story of why I have been rather MIA is in part because I have hit the other end of depression, instead of the 2 weeks where I was only getting 3 hours a night I am now trying to sleep as much as I can. I was in bed before 8pm last night. That stupid pain in my lower back which I know damn well is from stress and tension hasn't gone away in like 2 weeks now. I really want a massage from the boy right about now. Actually we had
an argument the other night which was aggravating and upsetting. Nothing too bad, one we have had before, but I still don't like them. Last Saturday I went to my 5th wake of the year. It was not as much sad as it was stressful. It was a sad, but he was much better off. He had cerebal palsy, was blind, deaf had a feeding tube for most of his life, never learned to crawl, walk or talk, recently had problems with his breathing, and was about to need 24 hr nursing care. He really didn't have much of a life to begin with. It was just stressful because of who may or may not have been there.
I will also soon be in jail because I am going to fly to Vancouver soon and beat a few people in our office there over the head with a large heavy object. They have stopped including me in the emails they send. Which if they don't send them to me, what they want does not get done. But apperently they still think it's ok to be pissed at me when it isn't right. I don't have ESP, if they change thier minds, they actually have to tell me. I again hate taxes and the fact the rates change and I have to come in on a Sunday morning to fix stuff. I have 3 mornings set between now and the rest of the year, which I normally would get 4 hrs at time & a half for each. Don't know what will happen since they blew the budget. I am not coming in for free. I don't like them that much. GRRR. :p
But in better news - I leave in less then a week. :)

Ok enough ranting. I am sorry I have been negelecting you girls. :( I will try and visit more often...
:mouse:squeak

OI812
10-19-2002, 05:48 AM
Wow Squeak, I don't know what to say, except that you sound like you need a vacation!
Everybody rants about their job, but do you really like your job?
And you need to take time for yourself, if you don't and work too much etc. you are going to end up making yourself sick. Enough is enough. You are only one person!

As for the rest of you gals......where are you all hiding at?

I'm getting ready to hop in the shower and get ready for my p/t job. If I have time when I get home(2 pm, then off to my f/t job at 3:15) I'll check back in here and see what you are all up to.

Anyways....have a good weekend!

Kelly

Jinxii
10-19-2002, 08:00 AM
Hello everyone :wave:

Just wanted to drop you a quick hello as I haven't been around much this week. We have had parent evenings after school this week and its been hectic. Why does my eating go completley out the window when I feel stressed?!:o Anyway we have half term holiday for one week now so time to get my diet plans back on track before too much damage is done!
Kelly I'm with you on the food journal, when I was keeping track of my food and calorie intake I did really well, as soon as it slipped I knew I was in trouble! I started again today. Squeak, I hope things get better for you, sending good vibes your way.
Hope everyone is ok, hugs to you all,

Jinx:flow1:

Wanttolosealot
10-19-2002, 09:37 AM
This must be a stressful and agravating week for everyone. Nothing terribly wrong with me physically or anything like that, I am just having a feeling sorry - for- myself-fat as-all -outdoors week. And I am still losing weight, but I just am down this week, must be the upcoming change in sunlight hours and I am feeling the pressure.
Have been to the gym everyday except Wednesday this week , which is my off day, and the scales tell me it is working but I am feeling down. I think it is because my friend has been working a lot and we can not seem to get together to workout or just chat and I miss her. Oh well, we will get together tomorrow morning at the gym so maybe my spirits will be lifted then.
So sorry for rambling on, but I know I have a captivated audience with you, or you can just skip over my crazy assed posting and go on to the more interesting people.
Love and hugs to all
Virginia

Wildfire
10-19-2002, 10:00 AM
We have a Food Journal thread that you girls are welcome to post on.

Ruth, sorry to hear 'bout the blood levels. Glad the wrist is doing okay!

Punkin? Was that Punkin? She was in and out of here in such a flash I'm not sure. ;) Hope you feel better, Punkin.

Kelly, I hope that family crisis wasn't anything too serious.

Squeak, how sad about your friend with cerebral palsy. Work just sucks, doesn't it? I'm about ready to behead several people where I work. I actually started looking around for another job, but then my uncle told me to wait for the severance package (I think in a year's time, maybe less, they're going to get rid of the accounting department). He said not to make it easy for them....make them pay if they don't want me! You said you're leaving in a week....vacation or leaving the job?

Hi Jinx :wave:

Virginia, you can come here and vent, *****, moan, etc., whenever you want! That's what we're here for! I hope this week is better for you.

Welcome back Flower!!!

squeaker
10-19-2002, 07:03 PM
I like my job, just not the current project. It will (hopefully) all be over by March.

I am going for a one day training class, then spending the rest of the weekend with my best friend (the boy).

Sorry everyone else seems to be having a :censored: time of things too.

I hope everyone has a much better week this week.

Off to down some more coke & Malibu :)

Wanttolosealot
10-20-2002, 10:14 AM
Chris are you okay? Has anyone heard from CHris in a while. Sure hope everything is okay chick! Let us know, we are worried about you.
Sending you a big hug:grouphug: and good vibes:goodvibes . Take care!
Virginia

barefootgrrrl
10-20-2002, 05:16 PM
Virginia - you're right - we haven't heard from Chris in a while... I hope she's doing ok?

Sounds like a few of the chicks here are having a tough week. Sending love and hugs your way :grouphug:

Except for a rainy week and getting the period from **** ( today is the 6th day.......grrr - this has got to stop) I am doing ok.

I just went back from Low Carb to Atkins to try to speed up my loss - so I'll be a screaming meemie without a little cracker for my turkey slices :lol:

hang in there everybody -

love, T

mauvaisroux
10-20-2002, 08:53 PM
Can anyone tell me what curves is? And is available in Canada?

Ruthxxx
10-20-2002, 09:04 PM
Yup! Even in SMiths FAlls! Not sure what it is but .....

OI812
10-21-2002, 06:18 AM
Well, here I am. Can't sleep because my nose is so plugged up! Thanks to my dh, I've caught his nasty cold. I stayed in bed for most of the day yesterday. Wish I could do the same today but I have responsibilities! DD has a orthadontist appt at 9:15 this morning and today is laundry day too.:(
Well, this is a new week to smarten myself up. I was going to do some exercises today but I don't think I'd last long before I got into a coughing fit. I'll just eat right today and journal it all done.
I'll have to figure out what I'm going to be making for dinner tonight. Dh is on afternoons this week so I don' t have to worry about cooking anything for him unless he wants to take left overs to work the next day.
I've thought about giving curves a try too. But I have to wait until February when my gym membership expires.

Well I'm off to take a hot shower and see if the steam from that can clear up my nasal passages if only for a minute! LOL

I'll check back in here later and see how you all are doing!
Have a great day.

Kelly

Ruthxxx
10-21-2002, 07:14 AM
Waving at Kelly from the east! Hope the nose clears soon - I hate that.

Am feeling a bit perkier this morning and not as down over the blood testing crap. Got an email from my pal L. who is in the same situation. Now we can act like two old ladies and compare blood readings.

Darling Gail arrives to clean at 8 so I have to do a fly-lady that did not get done yesterday. When will we ever learn? Um...that does sound familiar.

Punkinseed
10-21-2002, 11:53 AM
I'm back, I'm back, I'm BAAAAAACK!!!!! No more trips to California until next year!!!! :cb: In 6 months I plan on going to Arizona to visit my Dad and to L.A. for a business trip (at said meeting I get to meet "my guy" :love: )

Yea, I'll miss my friends, but that's what telephones and email are for... I'm whooped and my weight is up, up, up and away from 3 weeks of eating 2-3 meals out in restraunts and "sick people" food (mashed potatoes!!). SO happy to be back on the wagon and today starting Curves!

Ok, for those who don't know what Curves is - in a nutshell - it's an exercise center for women only that incorporates aerobic and resistance training - all in 30 minutes. They have a dozen stations or so and every 30 seconds you change and go around to each station 3 times. Great fun and very fast!

Kat - My best friend lost 19 inches total her first month at Curves. She's got a lot to loose, but she's not really watching her food, so I was shocked that she'd lost that much in a month. She's the one who turned me on to it - I went with her while I was in CA. You've had results too??? It seems so easy and fun that it's hard to believe that it's that amazingly effective!

Squeak - I'm so sorry about the time you're having.
I totally understand about the wake too - you completely described my girlfriend's son. He's 8 but will forever be developmentally about 6 months old - also with a feeding tube and with terrible seizures. He may have to have scoliosis surgery next year from being wheelchair bound since birth. He seems to convey happiness so it's hard to say how his quality of life is. But it's so hard to watch my friend and her husband struggle with health and worry about his long-term care. I agree, the person you lost is in a better place now... ((hugs)) to you.

Kelly - I think the exercise log is a great idea!!

Wildfire - Yup, that was a Punkinseed you saw. I did a few drive-by posts last week - but I'm here to stay now!!!!! :cb:

Time to get some work done :rolleyes:

Terri

OI812
10-21-2002, 01:42 PM
Where is everyone today? It's really quiet in here.

Well, took dd to the orthadontist and waited half an hour past our appt time for the Dr. to get there and then he took 3 min to look at her teeth and said, it doesn't look good, but I'm hoping it will fix its self. Therefore, book another appt for 3 months from now to check on her progress!
After doing that, I can home, had a snack and got my laundry together and then sat with dh untill 11:30ish when he had to go to work. I'm home now, got the laundry done but it still needs to be put away. Right now I'm eating spinach salad, yummy. I have no idea what I am going to make for supper tonight. Something simple I suppose.

Ruth--My step-son who is 14 was diagnosed at the age of 2 with diabetes. He checks his blood 3 times a day and has to give himself insulin needles twice 3 times a day also. So I know what you are going through. But, you should be able to control your blood sugar with your diet right?

Terri--Welcome back! Glad to hear that you are back safe and sound. Who knows, I might join curves(without hubby knowing) before my gym membership runs out. I'll just have to tell hubby that I'm going to the gym when I"m really going to curves! LOL

Well, I'm off to put my laundry away.
Take care and I'll pop back in here later.

Kelly

mauvaisroux
10-21-2002, 10:36 PM
Had a good day today...
Our van is working again yeah:cb:
Went to Ikea with DH just to look around and ended up buying a new mirror for the bedroom and eating dinner there, Swedish meatballs yum! :T

Also went to Home outfitters and finally found black curtains for my living room and yes! they were actually long enough to cover the balcony doors :dancer: happy dance!

Thanks for the Curves info, I might check to see if there is anything like that in my area.

Glad you had a good trip Punkinseed.

Kelly-hope you are feeling better and getting over the cold.

Squeak-hope you are having a better time at work this week.

Ruthxxx-are you going to go hardcore lowcarb now that you are having a problem with your blood sugar?

Ellis-how is that kitchen planning going? I was thinking of you at Ikea when I was in the kitchen section. My favorite one is the blue tile kitchen with the stainless steel appliances, stainless steel counters and shelving, and the beech and glass cabinets and pantry. It is small but efficient and well laid out and very modern looking. I love all those cupboard and drawer accessories that make everything accessible. What colour are you thinking of painting your kitchen?

Speaking of painting, does anyone know if you can paint over formica counter tops? The last tenants left a lovely huge pot shaped burn mark on the counter and I can't stand looking at it anymore:fr: I don't want to spend the money replacing the counter top as it is only a rental apartment.

Wanttolosealot
10-22-2002, 06:29 AM
Actually Mauvaiusaux, on an episode of Trading Spaces, they did paint over the formica, however, there was some kind of stuff(like primer) that they painted on first, but i forget what it was called. I am sure a good home restoration store could help.
Virginia

OI812
10-22-2002, 07:50 AM
Good morning ladies,

Well, I'm up getting dd ready for school but I think I'm going to lay down on the couch and snooze somemore once she leaves. I heard some where that you need lots of rest when you have a cold! LOL My noise isn't quite as stuffed up as it was yesterday, that's a good sign, but I could stand to go back to bed and sleep! LOL

Mauvais--Sounds like you had a great time. Where abouts are you in Canada that you have an Ikea? I live in Simcoe Ontario and I think the closest one to me is in Ancaster or Toronto.

Virginia--I'm hooked on Trading Spaces! I love that show. Sunday, when I stayed in bed all day because I was sick, I watched 3 episodes of Trading Spaces back to back! And if I'm not working, I watch it during the week at 4 p.m.LOL

I went to the library yesterday to get some books to read. I got a Dean Koontz book. I love reading his books. And I also got Enter The Zone. A book on how to balance your hormones and your insulin to get you into your "zone" for losing weight and to be all around healthier. Well, as sound as I found that I'd have to give up bread, pasta and potatoes I closed the book. I know I'm a carb addict but I'd never be able to give up those things. That is my diet! LOL So I guess I'll stick to counting calories, and once I feel better with this cold, I'm going to get back to exercising.

I'm off to get some breakfast.
I'll check back in here later.
Oh, according the the paper, scientists say that El Nino is back and that we are going to be having a very mild winter and not much snow! Sounds great to me!

Take care and talk to you all later.
Kelly

Ruthxxx
10-22-2002, 07:58 AM
Had a reprieve this morning from my 9 a.m. periodontist appointment in Kingston. Poor baby is sick so I'm rescheduled for November! This means no hour's drive trailing behind school buses. I am going into town later to shop and meet my sister for lunch, however. I've been planning this "day off" since before the wrist operation!
Catch you all later!

mauvaisroux
10-22-2002, 07:23 PM
Hope you had a good day"off" Ruthxxx:)

I feel really tired today. I think I am just going to take a relaxing bath and then schlep on the couch and watch tv. It is only 7:30 and I am yawning already:yawn:

I love Trading Spaces, Switching Rooms, and the Canadian version called The Decorating Challenges, as well as Debbie Travis. I am a home makeover junkie:dizzy: I would totally love Vern or Doug to do a room in my house (or my whole house for that matter) but Folk Art Frank is not setting foot over my door step! I like chickens but not as artwork in my house:lol: If I had to work with Hildy I would tell her to take those :censored: high heel shoes off and do some work instead of just leaving it for everyone else while she takes off somewhere!

barefootgrrrl
10-22-2002, 07:59 PM
My favorite Trading Places person is funky Genevieve.

Her designs are usually cool and I just find her very cute :)

:love:

Terrigrrl

barefootgrrrl
10-22-2002, 08:01 PM
Ooops! I meant Trading Spaces, *not* Trading Places! :lol:

Terrigrrl - Randolph and Morty Duke? NOT !:lol:

mauvaisroux
10-22-2002, 10:54 PM
Genevieve is great , she is cute and funny and I like most of her designs, well, except the time she covered someone's walls with moss:rolleyes: and that Laurie chick (the beautiful redhead) is good too!

cheez
10-23-2002, 02:03 AM
Ok, I confess. I've logged too many hours watching Trading Spaces. They even came to our small town (did the houses right next door to and across from our babysitter) Sadly, for me, Ty didn't come along that time.

Yeah, Mauvaisroux, what was up with that moss? And that same guy was SO po'd when she pulled up his icky carpet. (I didn't like that guy too much to begin with anyway) One time, Hilda put straw all over someone's walls. In fact, that was a lesbian couple who live in Oakland, Calif, right by where I used to live. It was nice to see a same-sex couple on tv for a change.

I like Laurie, too. She was pregnant, I wonder what happened with her baby. Frank has a website, we went there once. He and his wife do all this cross-stitching stuff.

Ok, I'm stopping now. FWIW, a bunch of kids at my middle school are TS fans, too. Weird.

OI812
10-23-2002, 05:46 AM
I'd let Frank redecorate a room in my house. I like the country homey feeling. And I think Vern is a cutey! He'd be the one I'd want the most to come and redo a room. Laurie is good too.
Mauvais, I know what you mean about Hildy and the hi-heeled shoes! And Ty, ....Ty, Ty, Ty....he can eat crackers in my bed any day! LOL
I just recently watched an episode where Doug did a couples bedroom to look like a sleeping car on a train! The husband was into building model trains etc and loved it, but the wife wasn't to thrilled about it!

Well, nothing exciting went on last night. Except that I ate 5 Reeses Peanut Butter cups before I left for work! LOL
Oh, and that I jumped on the scales and I'm back where I started!
I'm hoping to lose 10 lbs by xmas, but if I don't get my butt in gear and concentrate on this, it isn't going to happen.
I wish I could figure out how to tape a show off the satellite. There an exercise program that comes on at 6:30 in the morning, and I'd rather not get up that early if I don't have to so taping it would be a great alternative except that I haven't yet figured out how to tape off the satellite! I'll have to ask around at work and see if someone knows how to do it.

Anyways, I'm off to have a shower and get ready for my p/t job.
I won't be home till shortly after 2 this afternoon so I'll check back in when I get home.

You all have a wonderful op day!

Kelly

mauvaisroux
10-23-2002, 09:24 AM
Oh, yes, Ty, what a cutie, apparently he used to be a male model. And vern is pretty hot too. I love when he wears those fitted t-shirts, well toned but not too muscely...

The straw room was really bad!

I guess Canadian TV is a little more open minded.
I have seen several same sex couples on different shows. We even have a show called "Out in the City".

SuchAPrettyFace
10-23-2002, 10:07 AM
Ty is hot.

That is all.

Hope everyone is having a great day!! :D

barefootgrrrl
10-23-2002, 10:54 AM
oh yes yes... Ty - he is beautiful ...... masculine and a little scruffy too. ok, since we're being so openminded - here is my fantasy: me, Ty and Genevieve :lol:

I like it when they remake any room into a retro style.

I think it was Vern who did that kid's room over in all black and white? that was too much!

Also, why did that woman cry during the episode where they re-did her kids' play room with the puppet theatre?

I thought that puppet theatre was so very neat

Terri

Punkinseed
10-23-2002, 11:25 AM
I think she was crying because she was happy - not like the lady who bawled because Doug put a painted cover over her fireplace... :rolleyes:
Also, yes, Ty is a doll, but the little lesbian hiding in my hetero mind also thinks Amy Winn-Pastor is quite the cutie too.

Sorry for the drive by post - time to get some work done!

Terri

Sojourner
10-23-2002, 11:27 AM
I LOVE Trading Spaces... unfortunately I don't have cable so I can only watch it when I am at my parent's house. Who are these people that come on the show with all these expectations and preferences and then cry when they see their new circus-themed living room? I mean, have they ever even WATCHED the show? :lol: I swear they pick them like that just to make the show a hit. The show is great but I would never let them into my home... everything seems to be done half-assed and would fall probably fall apart within a couple of months. But its still a lot of fun and they do have some great ideas (besides the moss and the straw and other such oddities). What a riot.

Wanttolosealot
10-23-2002, 12:07 PM
I guess this is where we differ! I think Amy-Wynn is cute and the hostess Paige she is just a cutie.
My friend thinks TY is a dreamboat! And I think Vern has a great body.
Virginia

mauvaisroux
10-23-2002, 12:17 PM
There has never been a Vern room I didn't like.
He can do me,er :o, my room anytime.

mauvaisroux
10-23-2002, 11:34 PM
Evening everyone :wave:

I finally went to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding with my Mum tonight. It was great! Just a sweet, funny, romantic story that was believable for me. I was laughing at things no one else in the audience was laughing at though :dizzy:, freak that I am. I guess you had to grow up in a situation like that with a huge family of boisterous people. A lot of it brought back childhood memories of my Italian/Scottish upbringing :)

I was so proud of myself-I did not eat popcorn or chocolate or candy at the movie! I shared a Sprite with my Mum and that was it. :D

Jinxii
10-24-2002, 06:52 AM
Hi :wave:

Mauvaisroux- how good are you:cp: - no popcorn! I saw Red Dragon with my daughter and we munched popcorn all the way through it, ok, I munched and she had the odd bit :o
I wanted to see the Greek Wedding film too, so I may go on your advice, I'm usually the one laughing at the parts nobody else finds funny...good to know there is someone else out there like me! Not many laughs in Red Dragon :yikes:

Jinxii

mauvaisroux
10-27-2002, 10:25 PM
Jinxii-I say Red Dragon too! It was pretty good but I think I liked the secod Hannibal film better, the one with Julianne Moore in it.

Speaking of spooky movies, has anyone seen The Ring yet? I have heard that it is very creepy :yikes:

I am probably going to see Ghost Ship on Hallowe'en:fr: and then The Ring on Friday at a special midnight show, if I can stay up that late anyway:yawn:

flower
10-28-2002, 11:29 AM
I suppose I am the odd one here, I HATE scary movies. I can deal with ones like Sixth Sence or Stir of Echos, but beyond that, I am the one running off to the potty as soon as the eirie music comes on.

What has been going on with me. Well, my 2 year old decided to clean my step moms computer with windex. A half bottle full on a laptop. We got most of it out of the gel screen but he fried the keyboard. We took it into a shop and they got all but 8 keys to work. We are waiting on a replacement keyboard. 129.99, not too bad since the whole thing is 1050.00. Sony wants 800 just for the screen. I may have a used laptop and a shortage in my bank account of 1050 if the new keyboard isn't all that.

Everyone in my household is sick. But not me. I can't tell if I am blessed or it is just stalking me. I may have found a home. My parents got it for me in July, and this is when Chris and I were split up so I declined it. Well, they rented it out. Well, they said I could have it, they have to find the tenants a new place. They are friends and have been living there since August rent free. Rent is suppose to start NOV 1st. But step mom is looking fro a MFG home for them. She'll buy it and lease to own it to them. But we have to find one first. I am really not patient. I will continue to look for other properties, but now is not the season for new listings. The house she has fits all my major requirements and most of my minimum ones too. It is just without personality, but I am creative and can fix that. My house is in ESCROW. I am justing waiting on the apprasial.

Diet... hum, good question. I am doing better. I had a major gall bladder attack last week and it confirmed what I already knew. Way too much fat in my diet. So, I have been better. I found a goof magazine on the stands. The best of Cooking Light, Quick Dinners. I have some ideas for next weeks meals.

I will chat more often... I hooked up another computer to get me buy until I move. ~flower

mauvaisroux
10-31-2002, 03:15 PM
:fr:Happy Halloween? Samhain everyone!:wizard:

I am insane, I stayed up until midnight :yikes: last night baking and decorating Halloween cupcakes for DH's crew at work and for tonight's dessert. But they were so cute -little orange pumkins and chocolate ones with white chocolate icing skeleton faces on them!

And yes :o I did lick the icing bowl, and spatula, and spreading knife, and beater and...:rolleyes:

Sojourner
10-31-2002, 07:23 PM
I am signed up to go to Thailand with a volunteer group from my church. We are going to be working in an orphanage and also doing other service projects (construction type activities) for a local church/Bible college. We are leaving on January 24th (two days after my birthday) and returning February 8th. We will start in Bangkok, then go to Chiang Rai, Fang, Chaing Mai, and back to Bangkok. I am thrilled and glad to have this life-changing experience to look forward to, considering all the negatives in my life lately. Over the next few months we will be raising funds for the trip. I love travel... the more exotic the better. And to be able to combine travel with volunteer service makes it even more fulfilling. I am so excited!

ellis
10-31-2002, 07:34 PM
Sojo! What a wonderful experience. I'm so happy for you. :)

katrinabgood
11-01-2002, 10:05 AM
That is awesome, Sojo...what a wonderful opportunity! :bravo:

squeaker
11-01-2002, 03:19 PM
:yikes: WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT'S SNOWING!!!!!! :fr:

ellis
11-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Here, too Squeak!!

Ruthxxx
11-01-2002, 05:43 PM
And here - too damned early!

Wanttolosealot
11-01-2002, 07:52 PM
Not here yet, but the weather man is calling for a dusting of snow!

mauvaisroux
11-03-2002, 07:14 PM
This thread is now closed. Please post on Alternachat November:)