WW Clubs and Groups - #233 Bale of Turtles Tackling Summer!

Itryharder
06-24-2010, 10:34 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
06-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi Turtles,
Started this thread because we were running long, but we've got lots of good info. on thread #232, so check it out.

Yesterday was another good day. I was proud of myself because, in the past, a good WI would prompt me to eat too much or higher calorie foods on that day as a "reward". I didn't do that yesterday. Tonight my dh wants to try a shish kebab place where we can eat outside, bistro style, and I've got to figure out points beforehand.

Weather here is taking a nice break from the 90's. Dry, a little breezy, and we've had some good hard rain and thunder at night. I love this kind of weather and the long days of sunlight. Yay!

All goes well here. Hope you're all having a good summer.
Judy
234.6/190/189 and closer to goal :cool:

Clever Tessa
06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Howdy all,

Thought I'd take a break from my turkey thinwich with bbq sauce and salad to say "hey" real quick. I realized just how far I've come in just a few weeks when I got excited that my afternoon snack is yogurt with cereal! Yum! Such things never used to be so exciting! LOL!

I'm now officially in rabbit ****. Discovered yesterday (while cleaning up the rocks I used to "fix" the problem) that there was pink fluff in the dirt. Pink fluff???? They are under my house!!!! :yikes: My handy guy wrapped my water pipe in some R-13 last winter, I looked under the house through a vent and it looks like an explosion of pink insulation. I called him, he laughed about it - he'll be over to see what he can do to help. :mad: No one 'round here has a motion sensitive frog so I shall go online. This means WAR!!!! :rollpin:

Judy, I can't take too much credit for the loss really. The first couple weeks back on program are usually pretty nice as long as I follow the program. 259 was quite a few years ago, then I got down to 220 and lived in a 20 pound vicinity for a few years and now back on my way down from there. All I can say is journal and planning meals ahead of time. Planning actually being the most important.
Kudos on the post loss non-noshage! (that's a word, right? LOL!). It doesn't make a lot of sense to do it, but I have been guilty of the same. Still trying to curb that... 2 weeks ago after w/i I indulged in some Taco Bell and it was GROSS. Which kinda made me happy...

Kim, the wrap last night was AMAZING!!!! :carrot: I couldn't think of one way to improve it - other than finding a bigger wrap to fit more in! Very, very good and perfect for our warm weather last night. Garlic bread is a weakness of mine too (well, bread in general, evil sour dough calls my name often). I can't imagine what it's like working around all that food!

Ok, must away. I have a to go shopping for a frog. :bunny:

Tes

KimL1214
06-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Princess1122~ Your nasty weather has moved on to us now!!! My parents live on a mountain and one bolt of lightning struck the top, scaring my cat right into my lap and my mom’s big, brave husky, right under her legs! I do work at a restaurant part time during the school year, and full time during the summers.

Itryharder~ How were your kebabs tonight? Congrats on not rewarding yourself with food!!! That’s really hard to do!!!

Clever Tessa~ I’m sorry, but your rabbit war makes me giggle… ;) I hope you win! Did you find your frog? That must be a great feeling to be happy with a yummy, healthy snack! I’m glad to hear that your wrap was super delicious!

I did much better restraining myself tonight! I know what I can get on the restaurant menu, and what I can’t but sometimes my will power is just weaker then it should be. Tonight, it was strong! I ordered all sides, mashed potatoes, peas and a small side of stuffing… mixed all together, super yummy and super filling! I’m leaving for NY for the weekend so I don’t know if I will be able to get online at all… Have a great weekend!

Princess1122
06-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Good morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone! My favorite day of the week if you could not tell :D!

W/I last night went as expected... I was up 2.8, and if I am honest with myself it was not only my TOM that caused that gain... it may have been scarfing stray little (ok, large) morsels of food that happened to wander past me too... LOL. Ugh, sweets are tough for me during TOM but I shall prevail! Have to do my house cleaning and laundry tonight while the guys do the yard work and I will work in the garden tomorrow and make sure that I am getting my walks in every chance that I get. I am going to try Judy recipe I think... I have some shrimp in the freezer that needs to be used so I think I will try that.

Nothing really planned for the weekend other then chores and errands. Looking forward to the 4th of July weekend for that extra day off!

Tessa: I have to agree with Kim... I giggle over your bunny stories but I know how you feel because we have one around that loves to nibble my veggie plants when they are first put in the ground... once they get big he does not bother with them so much, not sure why. Good luck though!

Judy: Love Kabobs! We do those a lot on the grill during the summer months and we have a resturant here that does them also but I have not been there yet. Eating out is hard on my weight loss numbers so I am avoiding it right now but I know that you do really well when you eat out so have a great time!

Kim: I have a couple of dogs that really mind the storms too... ugh, no one gets any sleep in our house when we have storms come through in the middle of the night, our one old girl thinks that if she is upset and bothered by the storms then we should all be too! LOL, she is a nut! You are a brave gal working in a resturant! I used to way back when I was much younger but doing it now... well, I think I would have a very hard time.

Bandit: How are you doing? Are you going to the trailer this weekend? Have a great time if you do... I saw that there are storms up in the UP of Michigan, not sure if they are effecting you or not... I sure hope not but have a great weekend!

Cherry: How are you doing these days? Are you kids feeling better? I sure hope so for your sake! Sick babies are not fun at all!

Have to run but have a great weekend everyone!

Itryharder
06-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi All,
Princess, you've got lots planned and TOM is a kicker. Next week's WI will be a lot better. I love how ambitious you are with your garden. I can't call what I've got a garden-----I could probably call it a place where I planted a few plants! LOL. Our outdoors amaryllis are coming up. Our dear friend, Mary, gave us six bulbs a few weeks ago. She knows how much my dh loves the crazy things and she always sends us a few bulbs at Christmas. Then she found this breed (species?) that can stay in the ground and bloom every year. They are much shorter which I like and the blooms are pretty spectacular. We've got a lot to do here. Spent some time yesterday weeding on the driveway side of the Belgium blocks to get ready to have our driving sealed again. Also did some scrubbing in the house which makes me feel like I'm helping my arms. Whew! I'm really going on about nothing. In any case, the dinner out worked out well. I pointed it out----had chicken and mushrooms on a skewer, decided to have only one skewer but then I had a couple of pieces of sirloin steak from dh so I decided not to take home the leftovers. Had only about 1/4 cup of rice pilaf and ate the whole salad which helped tremendously! By the way, a tornado came through right at the place where we decided to eat tonight! We missed it by about an hour thank goodness, but we usually don't get tornadoes here===hurricanes, yes. tornadoes, no.

Hey, everyone is doing great. Here's to all of us and our funny stories and our huge attempts of losing weight. :balloons: :carrot:
Love the contributions from our new members----thanks for joining us.
Gotta run.
Everybody have a wonderful weekend. As Bandit says, "Drink that water!"
and let's all keep on keepin' on! :bravo: :cheer:
Judy
234.6/190/189 and closer to goal :cool:

Clever Tessa
06-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Happy Friday everyone!!!! :broc:

Yup, my favorite day of the week too - I'm off at 2pm and in the summer I've still got about 7 hours of daylight to play with. Not that I'm out *in* the sun - I'm a redhead and we just don't get along well. :sunny:

And yes, the rabbits are amusing... I laugh too, then get frustrated, amazed, then laugh again. My Dad keeps calling me and asking if I'm the lady that has rabbits for sale. Ha. Ha. Ha. :rofl: Good news though on that front - the Fort Knox style barriers I put up seem to be working, 2 days and no rabbit holes (of course the side of my house stinks from the liquid fence stuff). So the Bunny-Gate saga of '10 may be over.
Learned that the frog idea sadly, will not work. It's too dark under my deck where the problem is and the frog needs light to work properly. Next week Super Mike, my handy man to the rescue, is coming to see what the little brats have done.

Princess, you really do know your body, which is awesome. You saw this coming and instead of gloom n' doom, you came up with a plan to move forward. It sounds like you've got a great plan of action going and will kick hiney next week! :goodscale:

Kim, have a blast in New York! One of these days I'll make it further east than Missouri... :rolleyes: I'd love to watch a sun RISE out of the ocean - my whole life it's been setting into the ocean (well, not really IN the ocean, can you imagine the hiss and steam that would create? Not to mention mass panic and really angry whales). Even in Hawaii, we were on the west side of the island!

:grouphug: Have a great weekend everyone!

Tessa

Itryharder
06-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi Turtles,
Checking in and laughing about Tessa's new adventures.

DD and dear grandson came for a surprise visit. Luckily I've got plenty of good WW friendly foods on hand. Tossed salad, cuke and onion salad, 2pt. baked beans, and a juicey hamburger on a 1 point roll. Yay! And watermelon for desert. :carrot: :chef: It's nice because my dh is going to BBQ and I like that now that I realize every dinner doesn't have to include mayo-salads like macaroni or potato salad in the summer. Yay. (By the way, I cut potato wedges, sprinkled them with olive oil and a no-salt seasoning and baked them. I've got them in my freezer so when I want some, I can pull them out and nuke them. Sounds like a plan)

Everybody have a great weekend. I'm still :tread: for an hour each day or a combo of 30min. at boardwalk and 30min. at home on :tread:. I think it's making a huge difference in my weight loss. I am counting on a :goodscale: this WI on Wed. I know I can do this. 45#down and more to go!!!!
Judy
234.6/190/189 :cool:

Itryharder
06-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi TUrtles,
Wrapping up a very nice weekend. Had company on Friday and then again on Sunday. Sat. dh and I relaxed and it felt great. Am keeping on top of my tracking. For some reason I was craving a specific food last night, had it, tracked it and moved on. With all the :tread: I'm doing, my weight is holding its own. Hopefully I'll have another pound off this week at my WI. Hey, a pound a week=52#!!!!!

Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/190I love typing that/ 189 and closer to goal. :cool:

Princess1122
06-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Good morning everyone!

Had a busy weekend here, lots of household chores, etc. Worked in the garden and got the three remaining tomato plants staked up, I ran out of tomato cages so had to do the stakes. Over all the weekend went very well but we had really bad storms come through again last night but the good news it is supposed to be dry the entire week... yah!

Have a sick dog at home, not sure what is going on with him but has had two days worth of potty problems so I will be making him an appointment with the vet first thing this morning when they open and leave work early to get him there... poor boy!

Judy: you are doing great! I know this is THE week for you!

Tessa: How are the bunny issues coming along?

Bandit: How was your weekend?

Cherry: How are you doing?

Kim: How are you doing?

I have to run... have to catch up on what came into my in box over the weekend!

Princess

Princess1122
06-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Judy: I forgot to tell you that I made your Shrimp Jambalaya dish over the weekend... it was awesome! DS and I had to make ourselves stop eating it... LOL. I used canned fire roasted tomatoes (Hunts makes them) and it was soooooo good! Thanks for sharing!

Itryharder
06-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi TUrtles,
Princess, you sound really busy and productive. Weigh to go! Hey, I'm glad you liked the Shrimp Jamblaya. I think it's tasty too. What I also like about it is that it's easy to double for a crowd and all the chopping can be done a day ahead and stored in fridge. I love your idea of fire roasted tomatoes. Glad you gave the recipe a try. :chef:
JUdy
234.6/190/189 and closer to goal!

bandit2
06-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Morning, turtles:

Losts of posts from everyone, that is sooooooo great.

Busy week & weekend up here, and the weather has been crazy and extreme.
Went up to my gf trailer on another lake on Fri and stayed over and we had a great time cathcing up & we bbq flank steak and had big salad and rice with that. Fresh strawberries for dessert, so nice dinner.

Had a bridal shower yesterday and ate too many of those little sandwiches which I love but then had a fairly light dinner with rump roast and just veggies. It was so hot I didn't feel like having much so have lots of leftovers for the few evenings, which is great. My yard has gotten away from me again with all the rain, so will be spending my evenings this week gettting that under control.

Glad you are all doing as well as you can - so keep up the good work!

KimL1214
06-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Itryharder~ That’s really scary that a tornado hit the place you had just eaten at!!! Great job with the chicken and mushroom skewers! I like the potato wedges idea, might have to steal that…

Clever Tessa~ How is the battle with the rabbits?

Princess1122~ HAHA! Your rain from this weekend is supposed to hammer us all week!

bandit2~ Great job this weekend! Good luck with your yard!

I have to say I got a bit of a giggle when I saw that some of you thought I went to NYC, as I actually went to the complete opposite part of the state. I was in Saint Regis Falls, only 45 minutes from the Canadian border… hehe…

Falling flat on my face this weekend is definitely an understatement… Between the Chinese Buffet and 2 nights at the bar… I definitely went WAY off plan. So! The goal for this week is to get back to where I was before I left ASAP!!! There will be some serious walking at least once EVERY DAY!!!

Princess1122
06-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Good Morning everyone!

It is a beautiful day here today and supposed to stay nice all week... wonderful! Got a walk in last night with my DS even though I did not want to at all... after getting back from the vet, etc I was tired and ready to call it a day but we took a quick walk, about 1.5 miles and then called it a day. Will get out again this evening if all goes well for another one.

Kim: Weekends are hard! I feel your pain there! Good luck with getting back on track and getting your walks in!

Judy: Tornadoes are scary things! We get them here a lot, with tornado sirens going off when conditions are right for them... ugh, which is a lot! I am sure glad it missed you though!

Bandit: How is your yard work coming along? Any changes in the plans for TOPS meetings during the summer?

Tess: How is the bunny situation coming along :D.

Clever Tessa
06-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi all!

Just an uber quick check in. I see everyone's doing pretty dang good!

Chaos here - had to take my oldest cat into the vet's yesterday. We went through the same thing last September - vomiting, crying in pain... She ended up having surgery last year because there was "something" on her GI x-ray (they found nothing) and racked up a $1300 bill. Saturday she started with the same symptoms - excessive vomiting, growling at her food, hiding, crying if I touch her.... Well, she's at the vet's now, getting rehydrated. Turns out the hunch I had a couple months ago just might be the problem - food allergy.

Guess what protein is in the hypo-allergenic food they're feeding her at the vet's office?

RABBIT! :rofl:

She should be able to come home today, she won't stay on the rabbit based food though - at $48 for 8 pounds I simply can't afford it for 3 cats. So, we're going to check out the lamb and rice option for Ms. "I can't eat poultry" Luna.

Other rabbit issue is slowing. I've had 2 holes since Friday and both have been refilled as soon as I found them. I'm hoping to just frustrate the heck outta them and they'll go away. My handy guy is coming this week so at least I know he's going to block off under my house...

Sorry for the me-me-me-meeee post. I'll be back by week's end to check in with everyone! Must away while I've got office help (going solo again on Thursday).

Tes

Princess1122
06-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Good morning all and happy Wednesday to everyone!

We are having some of the most wonderful weather here! OMG... it is in the mid 70's with big old blue skies and low humidity... it just does not get much better then this! It is not supposed to last much past the weekend but I will take it!
We are having some company in over this coming weekend so we are trying to plan active things to do. We have a canal downtown that is really beautiful and there is a fun bike shop there that you can rent all kinds of bikes and buggies at, so we are going to do that with maybe a meal at one of the downtown resturants. And maybe take in a local baseball game on the 4th because then you can stay and watch the huge fireworks display afterwards.
I am sure we will be cooking out, etc also. It should be a wonderful weekend and I am looking forward to the extra day off of work. Since I am a consultant I don't get paid for time off so I rarely take it unless I have too... but since it is a holiday I have to :carrot: and I am not complaining!

Hope all is well with everyone, I have to run but will check back later on.

CherryAutumn
06-30-2010, 01:09 PM
I didnt feel like posting my weigh-in yesterday because i feel like a failure. It is that TOM but that isnt an excuse. I went from 238.8 to 241.8. That is a 3 pound gain.:o Though i do think last weeks weigh in was a fluke because i couldnt seem to get the same number twice last week. I just cant give in to feeling down on myself or I will just eat more. I hate these never ending circles that i create. I eat more because i feel fat and I am fat because i eat more.

Good to see everyone else seems to have positive posts. Just keep on keepin on.:)

Princess1122
06-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Cherry: I happens to me every single month... and it always has... just move on and don't pay attention to it! Expect it to happen because that is the way our body works but don't use it as an excuse... use it as a motivation and see if maybe you can get your body going in such high gear that you won't have such a large gain next month... maybe not a gain at all... wouldn't that be great!?!?!? I will gladly join you in that goal!

Clever Tessa
06-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Cherry, not all "months" are created equally too. I've had some that didn't affect weight loss at all, some that made me gain 5 pounds. I agree with Princess, carry on and don't let it get you down.

It's not one week's weigh in that's going to determine your success - it's a journey of many weeks that all add up. Some will be great, some will suck, but in the end as long as you get to where you wanna be that's all that's important.

As my best friend would tell me "brush off the crumbs and move on". LOL!

Tes

Itryharder
06-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Hi Turtles ,
Cherry, we 've all done that. Keep your head on where you are now. You are doing this and next :goodscale: will be great. I'm so glad you decided to post your feelings because as you can see, we've all been there, done that and we're doing just fine and so are you. :grouphug: and :love:

Bandit, loved your weekend! Sounds like a lovely way to spend your time. I am very impressed with the way you balanced out your points after the bridal shower. It would have been easy to say, "What's the use?" but you didn't and you regrouped the day. Weigh to go! I'm laughing about your yardwork. Here I am thinking I'm keeping things in control and one more rain and lots of sun have caused weeds I never knew existed to take root in my backyard. I trimmed hedges,and weeded and deadheaded and it's like I didn't do a thing! Well, the flowers are pretty at least.

KimL,
As you can see, we all fall flat on our faces from time to time. Sometimes we plan to fall flat and pick up the pieces later-----sometimes it just kinda happens. In any case, you know what to do and I like that you're planning on getting in plenty of walking. You can do this. You are doing this!!!

Tessa,
Oh, I'm so sorry about your cat. Hope the cat is doing much better as we write. I think it's very funny that rabbit is the main ingredient in your cat food. Now I've heard everything. Gee, will the vet consider gathering up a few of your bunnies and making good use of them? Oh, why did I say that? Ugh. :chef:

I had my WI at WW's today. I was up a smidge and I'm hoping that next week will finally be the week I break 190# I was 190.2# on the scale after exercising and walking hard for 3.5miles daily except for one day. However, I did use some of my 35pts. on Monday and that was mighty close to WI. I'll try hard to stop sabotaging myself and work on getting through July 4th. and the BBQ here. I feel that tiny gain was nothing and it shows me how hard and consistent I have to be to lose weight. Keep on keepin' on!

Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/190.2/189 and closer to goal!!! :cool:

KimL1214
07-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Hey ladies! Just wanted to let you know that I am still around, but going through something pretty tough with my workout buddy. She's been accused of something I know she didn't do, but I'm worried she's covering for someone else in her family. If that is the case, she's gonna be in some SERIOUS trouble. Ugh. Sorry I don't have time to do personals. Hope everyone is doing okay!

Princess1122
07-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Good morning everyone! Another beautiful day here in the Mid-West! Went out with DH last night for his going away party, he has accepted another job and this is his last week on the old one so some of the folks took him out to a bar and grill place for drinks after work and invited me to join them. I did really well I think, nothing to drink except Iced Tea and water... I did order a grilled chicken salad with FF ranch dressing on the side because it was supper time and I was hungry. DH did not fare so well and I am sure he had a hard time getting up this morning :p cause he had lots to drink and it was not iced tea... LOL.

W/I tonight, not sure how I will do because my scale has not budge one little bit since last W/I... I walked every day last weekend and every day this week with the exception of last night so I am not sure what is going on... will have to work on it whatever it is but I am hopeful!

Kim: Hope things get better with your friend.

Judy: You will get it next W/I, I just KNOW it! The weeds in my garden do the same thing! Ugh, you pull them then they come back in a day or two and bring friends with them!

Tess: How is your cat doing? I am the same as you... I have gained up to 5 lbs during my TOM, it is frustrating!

Bandit: Any plans for the weekend?

Cherry: How are you doing today?

Have to run! If anyone has any good recipes or ideas for the 4th of July and would like to pass them on I sure would appreciate it!

bandit2
07-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Morning, turtles:

It is Canada Day today so am off work and since I don't work Fridays, have a 4 day long weekend, which is much needed. Have most of yard work done except some tree trimming and that won't take long. Spending tonight with dd and her bf - we are going out for dinner, heading to trailer tomorrow a.m. with dd and staying overnight. My cousins are going to nearby casino & I will meet up with them for some gambling/dinner and then back home Sunday.
Busy weekend - but the weather is suppose to be great, so looking forward to it.

Princess - sounds like we have the same weather most of the time, funny.

Sounds like everyone is doing great and looking forward to your upcoming holiday - so lets all celebrate and enjoy ourselves and make the best choices for us when it comes to food choices.

Summer is so short up here - cannot believe it is already July 1st!

I have another wedding coming up on the 17th and just got invited to another one in Sept - boy, sure starts adding up!

Well, you all have a great weekend!

Itryharder
07-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi TUrtles,
Enjoy the holiday(s)! Bandit, you've got great plans. We're going to a nehphew's house for the fourth. Most of my family will be there, so it'll be fun.
Princess, Here's a recipe for potato salad. Notice the small amt. of potatoes and the large amt. of everything else: LOL

Jamaican-style Potato Salad (from WW cookbook)
Serves 6 Points value 2

1 1/2# new potatoes, halved if large
1T canola oil
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 red pepper seeded and finely chopped
1/2c reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4c apple-cider vinegar
2t Dijon mustard
1/2t. sugar-free jerk seasoning (I omitted)
1/2t. salt

1. Bring pot of water to boil, add potatoes and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, 15-20min. Drain and set aside.

2. Meanwhile, make dressing by heating oil in large nonstick skillet over med-low heat. Add celery, onion, and peppers, cook stirring until softened 6-8min. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook stirring until heated through--about 3minutes. Remove from heat

3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into 3/4 inch chunks, transfer to serving bowl. Pour dressing over potatoes and toss gently to coat. Serve within 4hours or refrigerate up to 2 days. (For best flavor, serve at room temp.)

Another idea-----I have great luck making my regular potato salad---boiled potatoes, celery, onion, and hard boiled eggs (when I feel like it) and instead of mayo, I'll use reduced fat mayo combined with ff sour cream and/or ff plain yogurt. You'll have to check the amt. of potatoes and the labels for the condiments to get a point count, but the way I make it, it's about 2-3pts. for 1/2cup. Hope this helps. :chef:

Have a great weekend everyone! Saw my doc today and he gave me meds for the hives since good ole Claritin wasn't doing the trick. I'm trying to be patient!

:grouphug: and :love: to all . Have a great weekend :balloons:
Judy
234.6/190.2/189 and closer to goal :cool:

KimL1214
07-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Princess1122~ Thank you! I haven't heard anything new unfortunately and she is up in New York, not allowed to contact her family back here, so things are getting pretty frustrating! How did your weigh in go tonight?

Itryharder~ I might give that a try next week, thank you!

bandit2~ Have fun this weekend!!!

I will be off to my sisters tomorrow for Friday and Saturday. She knows that I am trying to lose weight, so she's going to try and help me come up with some yummy low fat meals. I'll share if we come across anything super yummy! Have a great OP weekend everyone!

Princess1122
07-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Good morning all and happy Friday to everyone! Long weekend! Yes!!!

W/I was puzzling last night... I stayed exactly the same... exactly! I walked a lot last week and my food was pretty good so I will just keep at it and hopefully will see a loss next W/I. I did not stay for the meeting as we have company coming it tonight and I had to get my house cleaned and laundry started. We have lots of plans for this weekend... Bike riding, festival and fireworks, Indianapolis Zoo, bonfire - with s'mores (Yum) - evening walks and doing lots of cooking on the grill. Will also do a movie or two at home in the evenings and maybe a game night so we should keep busy.

My veggies are starting to come in, I picked a couple of Jalapeno peppers last night and have 2 zuc's that could be picked... my green beans are not doing anything though, not sure what is going on with them. The plants themselves are growing like crazy but no buds or beans at all. Hmmm.

Bandit: Weddings are fun but hard on the budget ;) Have a wonderful weekend though and a very happy belated Canada Day!

Judy: The recipe sounds great! I will try it! Have a fantastic time with your family.

Kim: It is hard when family or friends get into trouble like that, been there - done that, just don't let it stress you out - and don't beat yourself up about it.

Tess: Any plans for the weekend? So you live in the middle of the state? How far is that from the coast line then? I take it a day trip to the beach is out of the question?

Talk soon!
Princess

Princess1122
07-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all.

Went to get my hair done yesterday after work then came home and got some supper going - Chicken on the grill and potatoes done cut up in a oven dish sprayed with EVOO and then added some chopped onion, salt and pepper - baked covered with foil till tender then topped with some LF 4 Cheese Italian blend shred cheese - and a big old salad! It was a nice summer meal. We did a fire in the firepit and made some s'mores with half the amount of chocolate and LF graham crackers. All very nice after a busy week.

Today we are going to get grocery shopping done and some work in the garden then pack up and head to the zoo for the later part of the day and then either stop for something to eat on the way home or do something on the grill.

What is everyone else doing this weekend?

Itryharder
07-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, I don't understand your standing the same weight at your WI. It looks like next week will show a good loss. Keep up the good work. Love your grilling ideas! Have fun at the zoo.

Today will be quiet for us. Sunday is a party at my nephew's, then Monday I hope our kids will come and spend the day with us. Looking forward to good weather and good times.
Judy

Lin S
07-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi,

I know it's been probably two months since I last checked in here. I see some new faces. Welcome!! I'm the turtle that started this thread and I pop in when I can. Judy and Bandit are such stalwarts and have kept this club going. I so appreciate that, since I have such a limited amount of time these days. (For those of you who are new, I'm working two part-time jobs that often add up to more than full-time hours, taking care of my Mom in various ways, singing in three choirs and doing the regular life stuff.) :D

I'm not doing Weight Watchers at the moment. I've been struggling with emotional eating since my Mom was in the hospital and my jobs were impossible to keep up with. That's all getting sorted out, but I know more emotional situations will arise again, because that's how life is. And I'll never get to my goal if I don't learn how to deal with emotional situations without overeating.

So, my current plan is to work on dealing with the emotions without overeating and I'm not trying to follow a particular eating plan. I'm not weighing myself right now, so I have no idea how weight loss is going. My clothes still fit, so that's good enough for me during this time of working out ways to deal with the emotional times in other, more constructive ways than eating too much. I don't know what else works for me and so that's what I'm exploring.

The other thing I'm doing is exploring the nature of hunger. When am I actually hungry? What does "enough" feel like? Until I get to the point where I can accurately recognize those signals, I'll always have problems with portion control. I don't want to eat just because a food program says I have to eat this much. I want to really know when I'm done, and then if I eat too much, it's a conscious decision, not mindless eating or finishing my food because I learned the clean plate lessons too well.

I've been reading Geneen Roth's books and she has a lot of helpful information for dealing with emotional eating.

I think about you all and I hope to be able to pop in more often.

Have a great week and a wonderful holiday celebration, if you're in the USA and celebrating the 4th. :)

Keep on turtlin'! :balloons:
:chef: :coffee: :comp: :write: :book2: :corn:

Itryharder
07-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Hi All,
Just have to say hi to Lin. So good to hear from you again. :grouphug: from all of us. We've gotten lively lately and it feels good. I hear you about the emotional eating and I'm thinking that since your clothes still fit, you're doing well. :love: to you and all your difficulties. As usual, you make a lot of sense.
Love,
Judy
Hope you guys are all having a good fourth of July (or in Bandit's case---a good July 1 holiday!).

Princess1122
07-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Morning everyone and Happy Monday!

Busy weekend here and food has been a challenge even with the planning, yesterday I over-ate because I was so tired and stressed - won't go into the details right now - but today is a new day and I am back to thinking ahead and making my plan for the day. I have lots to do so will have to keep this short. Supposed to be very hot and humid here today so I need to get out into the veg garden and get my chores done out there quickly...

Hi Lin! Glad to see you are doing ok. Take care of yourself and the rest will fall into place, it is all any of use can hope for I guess. ;)

Have a great day all!

Princess

Princess1122
07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone!

I hate to say it but I am actually glad to be back at work... crazy I know! I tend to stay on plan much better then when I am home and at loose ends.

I don't expect much for this weeks W/I but that is ok... I will just keep at it. Going to try a Yoga class tonight for the first time in a very long while.

Have to run but have a great day all!

Itryharder
07-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi Turtles,
Weekend was nice, food was challenging. Yes Princess, like you I planned and prepared-----and it went okay, but I still eat over stress and sadness.
Sooooooo, here we are today tackling our lifelong food adaptations. That's my fancy way of avoiding the word diet.

Everybody have a good day. Keep on keepin' on.
Judy

bandit2
07-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi turtles:

Busy weekend up here and boy, was it hot. We are having a heatwave & when I got to work yesterday the air conditioning was done, so very hot day.
And I do not have air conditioning in my house - just fans. It is suppose to cool down abit by Friday & don't get me wrong, I love the heat but this is extreme for us. I keep thinking "at least it is not freezing rain" and that will be back before we know it.

Not doing too bad with my food - had a few extras on weekend with having company, but didn't go crazy. Last night I cooked up some pork chops and made big veggie stir fry to go with that & have enough for tonights dinner as well. My ladies group is walking at the lake tonight, so hopefully will have nice breeze coming off the lake.

Thats about it - just trying to stay cool!

Princess1122
07-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Good morning everyone!

Things are chugging along here, I have been eating more then I should, not really sure why just always seem hungry. As some of you know, I have struggled with smoking over the years, quitting then smoking, quitting then smoking... ugh! Well DH and I have quit again so that may also be the problem with the hunger but it is worth a gain or two to stay a quitter :D. With DS and DIL expecting our first grandbaby there is no time like the present!

So all of that being said I was able to join LA Fitness off of my DS membership for a reduced rate and am trying that to get myself in gear and also to help to keep my mind off of the not smoking. I can afford the membership as long as I am working so maybe it will get me moving again, etc at least until the end of the year, then we will just have to see what happens with the job, etc. I went to a yoga class last night and it was wonderful, it took my mind off of the stressful things and put me in a better place and I slept like a dream last night :carrot:

Bandit: It is hot down here too, we are blessed with central AC at home and have it at work also, but sometimes it is too much for me as I am normally cold anyway but with the heat as high as it is I am not complaining right now... LOL. Your weekend sounded wonderful other then the heat. Have you cooked anything new lately?

Judy: I'll bet you are hot up your way too! I saw the weather map and your neck of the woods is scorching! How are you doing? I know you and I struggle with lots of the same problems... please let me know if you need anything or if there is anything I can do to help... maybe we need a Turtle challenge???

Lin: I would like to read that book, I have heard of it and it sounds like it would help me and others here to deal with some of our "eating issues" - I will have to order it up from the library soon.

Tessa: How are you doing? What is new with you?

Kim: How are you doing? Are things getting better for your friend? I sure hope so!

I will throw a couple of things out here just as ideas that maybe we could to together as a group...
1) Get a summer challenge going?
2) Read the book that Lin was talking about (Geneen Roth's ) and have weekly discussions, etc.
3) Recipe swap's - Once a month or even weekly we try and make something new at home, if it comes out yummy then post it for everyone.

Just a thought guys... nothing that we have to actually do if no one is interested and someone may have a much better idea as I am not very creative :D

Itryharder
07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm back from my WW WI once again and I didn't break 190#. This week I was "stabilized" at 190.4#, but then it settled on 190.2# after the computer caught the first weight. It is annoying since I :tread: great this week and had many fine days. Sunday was not the best and I'm thinking my weight loss may show up tomorrow morning, and then I'll have to keep it there for the whole week.

Princess, I am so into a challenge for July. Here's my challenge for myself:
1. :tread: 5x a week for an hour each time.
2. Eat no more than 19 points/daily
3. Do not go into activity or the 35 points.
4. That should do it! Lose 3# this month!!!!!!

I love the idea of the book club and Geneen Roth's books-----Also trying out a new recipe a month and posting it if it's tasty and easy to make.

Gotta run.
Lin, good luck to you! :chef:
Cherry, how are you doing? :love:
KimL, are you able to help out your friend a bit? :grouphug:
Tessa, how are those rabbits coming along? :carrot:
Bandit, love to hear of your social adventures :balloons:
Lauren, how are those jeans fitting? You're an inspiration. :dance:

Gotta run-----temp hit all sorts of records this week. Luckily I've got a means to get cool and our children like to come and visit in this heat too.
Dh bought an electric grill which is great when the kids come at different times. I make a few salads and a simple dessert and dh BBQ's the different meats we've got in the freezer. I'm switching to chicken breast for awhile because although I love burgers, they're not good for my weight loss right now. (I also think the heat and hives account for my not shaking off this weight, but I need a break soon!)
Judy
234.6/190.4/189 and closer to goal :cool:

bandit2
07-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - I haven't made anything new lately, had a few dinners out with this heat then just made enough with leftovers for a couple of other dinners.
For my lunches this week I had toasted tomatoe & cheese sandwich, which were delicious with a side salad.

Got in a big walk at lake last night with my ladies group & it was so nice down there with a big breeze - really lovely.

Have my weigh in tonight and coffee afterwards with a few ladies that will be
switching to new chapter in a couple of weeks. My chapter is splitting since things with a few members are getting out of hand & they are so set in their ways they are not open to any changes & some of members (including myself) are fed up. So this will be a new adventure for me that I am looking forward to - they say "change is as good as a rest", so will see

My dd is leaving for Mexico tomorrow with her bf and I will be looking after her cat while she is away. Her name is Willow and is such a cutie and actually likes being in car & I can take her to trailer - she has been there lots and is no problem. Our other cat, who is old stays at home and is fine to leave overnight. This weekend is the singles dance on Sat that I like, so planning on going there this weekend.

Hope you are all staying cool - we are still under extreme heat warnings til Friday - then thunderstorms.

I am up for challenge as well.

Lets do it!

Itryharder
07-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Princess,
Weigh to go with the cigarette-stopping! This is soooo important and I'm sending all sorts of :cheer: and :goodvibes: to help you through this. I think it's so smart to join the gym while you're doing this. You'll absolutely shake up your weight loss that way. Yay!

Bandit, have fun cat-sitting. And enjoy the singles dance. You've got a nice weekend planned. I know about this heat. NY is breaking records and it hasn't been fun. I've been weeding tiny bits of my gardens (just planted a basil plant outside today. My indoor one isn't doing too great. Maybe I'll put her outside as well.)

Spent the day running errands with dh. He had so much he wanted to get done and we did it, so hooray.

Hey, I don't know if you can call this a recipe or not, but it's an idea from my dear WW leader: Put a dollop of ff sourcream mixed w/T. parmesan cheese onto warming veggies and serve. For example, a couple of days ago I had roasted eggplant, zucchini, and carrots and honestly, they were just blah. Rather than throw them out, I heated them up in a fry pan and stirred in the above and it was sooooo much better. Couldn't be more than a point for the mix and the veggies were free.

Okay, here's :cheers: to us all for getting through the miserable weather.
Dh ran to the library to get season 3 of Mad Men (we're really hooked) and I'm going to hunker down with a very tall iced tea and have a lovely evening with my dh and TV. Here's to :goodvibes: and good luck to us all.

Bandit, isn't it weird how groups get into micro-managing everything-----not all, just a few members. Well, I'm sure you're heading off with the supportive, nice gals. Good luck with your new group.

Judy
234.6/190.4/189 and going lower (At home I weigh just under 190# My aim is to do that next week at WW's). :cool:

Princess1122
07-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday... Friday is so close I can smell it :D

I looked online yesterday to order up that book (Women Food and God) at the library through their online catalog and there was a line a mile long waiting for it, no kidding, it would have taken me almost a year to get my hands on it so I checked on Half.com and found it for under 9.00 so I ordered it, should be here in a week or so. I figured even if no one else here wanted to do something like that it would most likely be a good thing for me personally to read that book and find out what is going on with me and maybe... just maybe stop this roller coaster that I have been on all of my life.

Hot here too, not as bad as where some of you guys are but bad enough, I don't mind the heat so much but DH hates it with a passion and like to grumble about it so I am always grateful when it cools down :dizzy:

I was going to go to the aquafit class last night at the gym but came home after work to a sick dog and the resulting mess, until I got it all cleaned up, etc I had missed the class so I think I am going to go to another yoga class tonight since there is no W/I at TOPS this week. I will still W/I at home and I am hoping for something... anything at all in the downward direction would be great! But to be honest if I could just stay the same without a gain through the whole not smoking thing I would be thrilled. I am still super sore from my Yoga class on Tuesday evening, ugh! I am soooo out of shape! Oh well, it is all about getting healthy and this is part of it.

Judy: I was eager to get online this morning! I had a dream about you last night, I truly did! You and I have known each other for years now although we have never actually met so this seemed strange to dream about you but in the dream you called me on the phone and were very excited... you had just gotten back from W/I and had broke into the 180's! I knew your voice right away when I picked up the phone in my dream which is funny because I don't know what your voice really sounds like... It has to be a good omen!

Bandit: Ahhhh, walking around the lake on a hot summer night... what could be better! I totally understand about the whole chapter splitting up, etc. To be honest I like my chapter but see myself maybe switching at some point, these gals do not take weight loss very seriously, they act like it is more of a social club then a weight loss program... if that makes sense.

I have to cut out for now but will be back later to finish up and post some challenge goals for myself.

CherryAutumn
07-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Well I decided to skip weigh in on Tuesday. The number on the scale has really been effecting my emotional eating. Though i do know what i weigh i am not making it official. I am having some trouble with my depression again and it is wreaking(sp?) havoc on my eating better. I just wanted to post that i appreciate all of your encouragement and worrying about me. I am still here and still reading everyones posts.:hug:

Itryharder
07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, I can't wait to make your dream of me calling you with my "record breaking news" of making it into the 180's a reality! that's so cute that you dreamed this news. Yes, we have known each other for ages online. We're good pals. thanks. And soon, I hope, I'll be able to post a better weight loss. I never imagined it would be such a struggle to get into the 180's! Today was a great day----:tread: :swim: and gardening and my food points are not used up. :cheer:

Cherry, keep on posting. Don't worry about the numbers on the scale. Take a deep breath, forgive yourself for eating beyond what you wanted and get right back to baby steps. Drink your water, get food in the house that will help you, and do it. You can. We are all proud of you.. :goodvibes:

Hey Tessa, I'm missing you and your stories. Are you okay?
Kim, how are things going?
Hope everyone's doing okay in the heat and doing their best.
:goodvibes: and :grouphug:
Judy
234.6/190.4/into the 180's! :cool:

Princess1122
07-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!

Well I hopped on the scale yesterday when I got home from work and it showed me up 2 lbs but to be honest I am not that worried about it. I had been to a yoga class Tuesday night and was very sore and muscles were inflamed... seriously inflamed! I also drank a lot more water yesterday here at work because I knew that I was not going to offically W/I - all of that I am sure added to the gain. I went to yoga again last night... it took everything that I had in me to get in the car and go, I was soooo sore from Tuesday but I told myself that it would never get better if I did not keep at it on a regular basis. Ugh! It was hard keeping that train of thought going as I was going thru the moves last night in class... LOL. But, I made it thru and went home to take a hot bath and took some Aleve (sp?) and went to bed. Today, however, I feel like I have been hit by a truck and failed to get the license plate :dizzy: - it WILL get better though.

Lots of errands and chores this weekend but other then that nothing going on. We are supposed to have sunny skies and reduced humidity so I imagine that yard and garden work is in my future... and another yoga class on Sunday...

Judy: Yes! I just know that my dream will come true... I normally don't really remember my dreams but this one I sure did and was so excited for you! I remember getting into the 180's and it was hard but I just KNOW that you are going there soon and with any luck at all this time next year I will be there with you!

Bandit: Has the heat broke for you guys up there? Any plans for the weekend? What did you find out about TOPS and maybe meeting, etc during the summer months?

Cherry: One of my BIGGEST mistakes was when I stopped posting here when things got rough and the scale kept going up, up, up... hind sight is 20/20 they say! Keep posting, keep trying and you will do fine! Depression is hard, I don't have it myself but know many that do, I wish you the very best in dealing with it!

Tessa: Hope you are doing well... post when you can even if you don't have any funny bunny stories!

Kim: How are you doing? Anything knew with you?

I have to run but will catch up with everyone later today!
Princess

Princess1122
07-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I forgot to post a July goal!

Ok, so these are general things that I would like to accomplish this month and will revisit at the end to see how I did and where I would like to go in August:

1) Lose a solid 5 lbs by the end of the month.

2) Walk at least 1.5 miles, 3-4 times a week.

3) Attend Yoga or someother class 2-3 times a week.

4) Stop the roller coaster ride that I am on... or at least slow it way down.

5) Get back to the basics of the WW program... it works if I follow it!

bandit2
07-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi turtles:

Cherry - hang in there!

Judy/Princess - sounds like you guys are doing great with your exercise and eating, great news.

Princess - my dd does Hot Yoga and loves it, same idea as regular yoga but basically in heated room with sauna like temperatures. I have never tried yoga - that might be something I would enjoy. Glad you are keeping up with it.

Tessa/Kim/Lin - hope you are all doing well with everything.

It is raining right now but still very hot. I was planning on going to trailer for overnight and then coming back for tomorrows dance, but if rain doesn't stop, I will have a day inside house and catch up on laundry/housework, never a shortage of house chores.

Went to comedy club last night and that was really fun. BUT, ended up having plate of nachos for my dinner which wasn't the best choice but still delicious. So, will have to watch it over weekend and hopefully dance off some of this weight.

I bought some hot italian sausages for over weekend and will make another big batch of veggie stir fry to use up what I have on hand.

Well, have a great day!

CherryAutumn
07-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks to Judy/Princess/ and Bandit for the encouragement.
Hi to Kim/ Tessa/ and LinS
Hope i didnt leave anyone out. Keeping up with personals is hard for me especially with the three little ones constantly needing attention. I just find it hard to focus. At the same time i dont want my posts to be all ME-ME-ME either.
My weight went up several pounds from bad choices I made but i have not given up yet. Yesterday I stayed within the points range i set as a goal for myself so that is a great thing. Doing ok so far today and hope to end it within my points once again.
I really do appreciate everyones support and understanding.

Keep on keepin on

Itryharder
07-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Cherry, You're the best! Keep on keepin' on! You're on the right track.
:bravo: :cheer: We all know it's not easy losing weight while watching three little ones. Do the best you can and you'll see nice improvements.
Love,
Judy

Princess1122
07-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! It is supposed to be nice here today which is a good thing since i have lots of yard work to do... Last week was a long week at work even with the short work week due to the holiday, I am glad that it is over with.

DH and I went out to supper last night, I had the grilled Ahi Tuna, it was good but not great, over all I did really well with my choices...

Cherry: Hang in there, before you know it your little ones will be big ones and asking for the car keys ;) - those are fun times too... LOL. Keep at it, I have faith in you!

Judy: Any plans for the weekend? How is your garden coming along?

Bandit: Yes! I think that you would like Yoga, I have never tried the hot version but I hear it is very effective, they do not offer that class at the gym but I would take it if they did! Have a great weekend...

Itryharder
07-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi Turtles,
Last night we went to see fireworks at the beach. A friend of our children has a cottage and we were able to park there. He had ordered pizza for us but it didn't come until really late. The fireworks were great. I was hungry when we got home and ate more points than I should have. Today's another day. Looks like rain. We're having friends for dinner tonight. I'll do well because I've got things planned out.
My garden is doing better. I've got weeds pulled out of the two patches where I've planted impatiens and petunias. They're starting to flower and they look great. This time when I weeded, I put mulch down right away. The patches look pretty. Our tomato plants are reviving and I've got some basil that looks good too. Pretty paltry in comparison to Princess' garden. LOL, but I'm pleased that things are looking better! Next I've got a spot about 8x10 that needs weeding and new mulch and the yard will look a lot better. I've been deadheading the lillies, etc. and I'm hoping for a continuous bloom. These are new plants that are supposed to bloom throughout the summer. We'll see!

Have a great weekend. Keep on keepin' on. Weight Watchers works when we work it! I'll be on the :tread: today to keep the exercise going. Best of luck to us all! :goodvibes:

Judy
234.6/190.2/189 and finally breaking through :cool:

Here's to a good weekend to us all!

Princess1122
07-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Morning all and happy Monday to everyone!

Hard to believe that the weekend is over already... it went so fast! Did not really do much over the weekend except a few errands and lots of chores around the house. DH went to a poker game Saturday evening so I went to the gym - walked on the treadmill, and did about 7 minutes on the eliptical - which surprised me since I did not think that I would last for more than 30 seconds... LOL. I also swam a bunch of laps in the pool - went home and made myself some eggs with veggies and FF cheese and some wheat toast.

Yesterday my food was not as good as Saturday... I ate way more points then I should have but today is a new day! DH and I are going to go to the gym this evening and I will figure something out for supper tonight, just not sure what.

I picked some banana and hot peppers out of the garden - cleaned & bagged and put in the freezer for when the tomatoes start coming in - then it will be time to make some salsa! The cucumbers have started coming in but I am still waiting on the green beans, not sure what their issue is :dizzy:

Judy: Fireworks on the beach sounds wonderful! Sounds like had a full and wonderful weekend!

All: Have a great day!

Princess

Itryharder
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi Turtles,
We've gotten long. See you all at #234 Bale of Turtles Taking Things in our Stride.
Judy
234.6/190.4/189 and closer to goal :cool: