Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/241/140

Height: 5'3

Default Hi everybody (newbie)!!!

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and tell you guys how happy I am that I found this place! I have struggled with depression and anxiety for almost 15 years and my weight for almost 20 years...and I am only 26 years old!

I recently found a mixture of drugs (prozac and vyvanse) that is really working for my depression and it was like someone turned a light switch on in my brain! I feel like a new person in so many ways! Anyways I have always been overweight but this last extreme bout of depression led to a ridiculous weight gain of 50 pounds! Thanks to the new meds and having my exfiance call off our wedding a month before the big day (after 6 years together)...I lost the first 30 pounds without really trying. Now I am working to lose the rest and I hope that I can find some like minded friends here!
bright83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #2  

Hi welcome I'm glad to see the meds are working for you and your focusing on your weight-loss good for you. Now that the light has been turn on I know you will enjoy life so much better. Good luck with everything and hopefully I will see you around the board again soon.
jumphigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Wow! Congrats on getting your meds right. I was never able to find the right mix. And congrats on losing the weight so far! You've come to the right place. Look forward to getting to know you!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/241/140

Height: 5'3

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!! I always tell everyone who hasn't found the right mix of meds yet to keep trying...I feel like it took me forever but it was soo worth it! Depression still likes to rear its ugly head at times though and food was always my number one self medicator so its tough but I just take one day at a time!
bright83 is offline   Reply With Quote