Old 06-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

Default calorie counters for blackberries

If there is a forum for software and gadgets that I overlooked, I'm sorry and maybe this should be posted there.

Anyhow, I'm a total crackberry junkie and if I'm going to get into calorie counting again, I may as well get into it right by using the gadget that is always with me. Afterall, I found a great GPS trackign tool that I've started using and love its geek factor.

So, does anyone have a blackberry that they have found a good app for that works well for calorie counting? Any recommendations?
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

I can't respond to the specific blackberry question as I have an iTouch but you are absolutely right. My apps on the iTouch has made journaling my food intake so easy and accurate. Knowing my weight trends also very nice. Anytime, anywhere.

Hope you find apps for yours.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Sparkpeople has an app for the Blackberry. It's pretty good and works with the website.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #4  

Thanks,

I downloaded fatsecret (free) but its awfully slow!. The number two rated one was for livestrong so I just created an account there (actually found I had created one last december but don't remember doing it). That one is 2.99 so I might try that if it ties to the website too. I'll check sparkpeople. I just need something easy so I will be more willing to do it.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

I tried FatSecret and couldn't stand it. I saw the other day that About.com has one now, their calorie database is pretty vast. Let me know if you find one you like, please!
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Let me know if you buy the livestrong app and if you like it.

I have used sparkpeople website for years and really liked it. The app tied into the site nice and wasn't too slow, a bit, but that is understandable and going to happen.

I recently started using mydailyplate (livestrong) and the site is much nicer then sparkpeople. But they do charge for somethings and sparkpeople doesnt - I like free! But if the app is totally awesome it might be worth $3....
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #7  

I'm on day two of using livestrong app and so far, its very easy to use and actually the search on the foods has been faster than on the website. Its very intuitive to use too, so I'm liking it so far. I'll really going to test it out this weekend.