Goal! - 80+ lbs GONE; goal story and pictures!

Fat Pants
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
I wanted to share my goal story because it was reading a lot of these goal stories that made me believe that I could lose the weight.

Where to start? I have been overweight for much of my life, though I was never really *that* overweight - maybe by 10 or 15 lbs. There are certain times in my life where other people made me aware of my chubby state, particularly my parents and a few mean boys in middle school. But honestly? Other than that, it never really bothered me too much. I think I made it a point to not define myself by my weight so I didn't spend too much time fretting over those 15 lbs. I am 5'4.5" and when I graduated high school, I remember weighing around 150 lbs.

In college I stayed around that same weight until my sophomore year when I started eating out ALL the time. Living on campus (24/7 dining hall) and having a naturally very skinny brother who was all too willing to join me on late-night Taco Bell runs put me up to 165 lbs.

Then there came THE GUY. The love of my young life broke up with me suddenly one day, and I couldn't keep anything down (ah, The Break Up Diet) and lost about 10 lbs in a week. I had a lot of anxiety/panic attacks surrounding the breakup and as a result of the initial post-break up meltdown, figured out that I could basically eat and throw up and lose weight. I got down to 130 lbs.

I can look at it lightheartedly now, but at the time my world was an entire mess. I dropped 35 pounds very quickly and for the first time in my life, people were complimenting me on how I looked. I was thin. Guys were asking me out left and right. People paid attention to me and I felt good about myself (as much as one can feel while hiding loads of emotional pain inside). Eventually I wised up, sought help, and went to therapy.

I met my husband at 130 lbs and maintained for quite awhile until I had my gallbladder removed when I was 22 years old. I put on about 20 lbs just from not caring, and just trying to eat anything that wouldn't give me explosive diarrhea or terrible indigestion. At the same time, I was commuting two hours each day, going to grad school and planning a wedding. It was a long, stressful year. I went from 150 to 190 in the course of a year. Most brides lose weight...yeah, I gained weight. On my wedding day I weighed in the mid 190s and when we returned from our honeymoon, I weighed just over 200 lbs. Getting our photos from the wedding was one of the saddest days for me... I felt like every photo just highlighted how large I was.

But even then, I didn't stop. After being married for two years and getting a job closer to home, I found myself staring at the scale at 213 lbs. In four years, I had gained over 80 pounds. I felt like crap. I looked like crap. I had basically become invisible at work because I was so ashamed of my body. I hated shopping because nothing ever fit. I couldn't keep up with my very active husband on simple things like walking around at the zoo because I was too out of shape. I was a professional dieter; I had tried and tried to lose weight over the past few years by counting calories and "exercising" like 20 minutes a day, twice a week. But to my dismay, I never saw any results.

Ok, so by now you're wondering what changed. Well, in summer of 2007, I signed up to walk in the Komen Race for the Cure 5k. My husband (who is VERY active and healthy) delightfully signed up with me and we began walking around the neighborhood. I wasn't watching what I was eating, but the nightly walks (which were very hard for me at the beginning) kept me from gaining weight. We completed the 5k race in just under 50 minutes. And then my husband said something that would forever change my life.

"Hey, we should run it next year!"

I just laughed like...yeah right. Me? Really? It took all my energy just to WALK 3 miles!

Like so many other people, in January of 2009, I set out for the gym for what I'm sure my husband and family thought would be yet another false start. How many times had I said I would lose weight? How many times had I gone to the gym, stuck with it for a few weeks, only to give up?

But this time was different. This time, I had a new idea. It wasn't just to lose weight. It was to do something I only dreamed of doing. So I set out two goals:

Run a 5k
Hike a 14'er (one of 54 14,000 ft mountains in my beautiful state of Colorado)

I told myself it didn't matter if I ran a 5k and still weighed 200 lbs... I was going to run it.

In February, I hired a trainer at my gym to get me started. My first day of personal training, I cried because it was so difficult. I was so fat, and so out of shape. I remember thinking “who am I kidding?” because it seemed SO impossible at the time. Run…. let alone run 3 miles?? Hike 14,000 ft and not kill myself in the process? Impossible.

My trainer turned out to be a tool (another story for another day), but I did get something out of it…. I started to see improvements in my physical fitness. I was doing things that, when I began 6 weeks earlier, I could not do… at least for prolonged periods of time. When my trainer and I went our separate ways, he told me that I would quit coming to the gym, gain back the five pounds I’d lost, and come begging for him to train me again.

That was really all I needed - for someone to tell me I couldn’t do what I had set out to do.

So, I started running. On my own.

Slowly I worked my way up to 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and so on until I was running 3 miles almost daily. In the meantime, I was losing weight like crazy by watching my calories by limiting them to around 1200 a day. I still indulged every now and then... all things in moderation. But after an occasional indulgence, I was right back on plan with eating and right back to running the next day.

My husband and I bagged our first 14'er in July 2009 - Pikes Peak. It took us 6 hours to summit...but I did it. I weighed 178 lbs at the time.

In September 2009, I went on to race in my first 5k - the Race for the Cure. When I set out, that's all I wanted to run ... 3 miles. But I didn't stop there. I completed my first half marathon (13.1 miles) two days before my 28th birthday in May 2010. Becoming a runner has forever changed my life. Losing weight is great, but the confidence I gained from accomplishing something that once seemed utterly impossible has affected me so much that I can't even really put it into words.

I reached my goal on April 7th, 2010 - just two days shy of 14 months into my journey. In all, I have lost 82 lbs, 56 inches from my body and went from a size 18 to a size 4/6.

Oh, and obviously I did not quit nor gain back the 5 lbs that my ex-trainer said I would. :)

And now for some photos!! As a reward for meeting my goal weight, my husband and I hired a professional photographer to take updated photos of us. I no longer am sad while looking at our wedding photos because I am reminded of the NEW ME every day!

I'm sure you can figure out what's before/after. :)
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/before2.jpg http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/fatb4.jpg http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/before1.jpg http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/bday.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/3.jpg http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/1.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/12.jpg http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/26.jpg

Ciao
06-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Wow! You look great! :)

RunnerChemist
06-22-2010, 04:44 PM
I am so glad you posted this! I've been reading your posts for a while now, and it's wonderful to see you reach your goal! Congratulations!

StephanieM
06-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Inspiring!

It's nice to feel smaller then your man eh? My fiance and I have an agreement, I lose and he gains. So far I've lost 26 and he's gained nothing. I still have 20 pounds or so on him but it's nice to feel smaller :)

Fat Pants
06-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Inspiring!

It's nice to feel smaller then your man eh? My fiance and I have an agreement, I lose and he gains. So far I've lost 26 and he's gained nothing. I still have 20 pounds or so on him but it's nice to feel smaller :)

Ohhh yeah. My husband is 11 inches taller than me and at my highest weight, we were only separated by a 5 lb difference. Now it's more like 90 lbs. :)

luvja
06-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Wow, GREAT job. You look fabulous! :)

graciegoose13
06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
:congrat: as someone who has just begun running, your story is super inspirational! thanks for posting!

beerab
06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Girl you look so awesome- I've said it before and I'll say it again! I'm so proud of you- you are a huge inspiration for me :)

I love the bottom left picture- you and your hubby look GREAT together :D

Funny thing was just yesterday I was wondering if you were going to post your story in the goal section and here you are! ;)

fitbyforty
06-22-2010, 05:06 PM
You are such an inspiration!

jkinboston89
06-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Those goal pictures are just BEAUTIFUL! You've done a terrific job! Congrats on all of your accomplishments! :)

murphmitch
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
You're story is amazing! You look wonderful and you guys make such a cute couple!

:bravo:

Shytowngal
06-22-2010, 05:26 PM
You are gorgeous! The two of you make a great couple! Congratulations on all your hard work.

huntress
06-22-2010, 05:36 PM
You look great and you and your husband look so sweet together.

Tejas
06-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks for posting. Your story is very inspiring. I have taken up hiking again, and while I'm not likely to do a 14'er, I am really proud of being able to move again.

Congratulations to you!

Hopeful8
06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Absolutely wonderful and Congratulations! Where in Colorado are you? I live down in the Springs.

erinbeth85
06-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Wow, your story and pictures are amazing!! I'm very new here, but reading these stories have really started inspiring me... I can't wait til I can put my GOAL story up here! Congratulations... you look great :-)

luciddepths
06-22-2010, 08:08 PM
OOOO wowow!!!!! You can see the look in your Hubbys eye too! ahhaha hes got a hot wifey!

olivia627
06-22-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm so happy for you!!!!! I just began running again, so I need every inspirational story that I can get my 'eyes' on! And I promised myself that I would run a 5K next year. Congratulations to you!

Karen925
06-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Awesome job. Thanks for posting.:carrot:

Cglasscock1
06-23-2010, 12:26 AM
You look fantastic and you both look so much in love! Congratulations on all your accomplishments!

kendra
06-23-2010, 01:03 AM
You look amazing!!!!! Thanks for being an inspiration!

2phatinvictoria
06-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Holy Crap! you look smokin!

reading your story just reminds me that ya i can do this!

lisa130
06-23-2010, 08:06 AM
I got tears in my eyes reading your story. You worked your *** off (literally) and it paid off! You look amazing and so happy!

Judy Lynn
06-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Congratulations! You look amazing!

dani13
06-23-2010, 02:32 PM
You look absolutely amazing! I admire your determination! You are a role model and an inspiration!

I have lost about 25 kilos two years ago and then I got lazy and my weightloss stalled for a while (good thing I have not gained:))....until I started running in March and it seems that I am getting there slowly.... I am kilo away from normal weight, but about 10 kilos away from my vanity weight ha ha.... It is great to see your accomplishments.... I am currently running 3 miles a day (6 days a week), so my next goal is a 10k.... I am slow, but I really enjoy running... You represent a great motivation for me! I am taking baby steps but I am hoping to run a half marathon some day.....

Congratulations again!

JulieJ08
06-23-2010, 08:38 PM
I just love your new pics, fabulous :)

EmusGlitter
06-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks for sharing your story! It was so inspirational! I don't know you, but I'm still so proud of you! Reading your story makes me want to go running! I think when I'm feeling lazy I'll just have to come back and read it again. haha.

Congratulations!

p.s. You look hot! ;)

skychild
06-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Holy crap, you are a stone cold fox! :D My favorite thing about your pics though, is you look genuinely happy in all of them. I am so impressed by your strength and commitment - you are FIERCE, lady! :D

junebug41
06-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I LOVE that you had do-over pics! You both look fabulous!

ledom
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Beautiful pictures. Congratulations on meeting your goals and looking amazing!

Fat Pants
06-23-2010, 10:39 PM
I LOVE that you had do-over pics! You both look fabulous!

Thanks! :) I traipsed up to Grand Lake that weekend... every time I go hiking I'm reminded of how difficult this used to be for me!

Fat Pants
06-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Absolutely wonderful and Congratulations! Where in Colorado are you? I live down in the Springs.

I am in the Springs too! Awesome! :)

bex
06-24-2010, 05:48 AM
You look amazing!!

I have been feeling like quitting lately and hearing a story like yours was exactly what I needed to keep myself going. So thank you so much for sharing. xx

prettyinpink116
06-24-2010, 06:31 AM
WOW!! You go girl!! You should change your name to skinny pants hehe...You look sooo amazing & them are some wonderful pictures of you & ya man....such an adorable couple:val2:!! WOOP WOOP!!

:congrat:

Fat Pants
06-24-2010, 09:07 AM
You look amazing!!

I have been feeling like quitting lately and hearing a story like yours was exactly what I needed to keep myself going. So thank you so much for sharing. xx

Don't give up! Believe me I was someone who thought I was destined to be overweight for my entire life... one thing that resonated with me during my weight loss was knowing that if I quit and started again (as I was prone to doing), another year would pass and I'd still be overweight. If I had just stuck with it the first time around, I would have met my goal a long time ago!

girlinwaterglobe
06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Wow! You look so amazing! Congratulations!

1bighog
06-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Thank you for sharing your story. Congrats on meeting your goals! You are fabulous!

kallismom
06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
You look so HAPPY and HEALTHY! Great Job!

Hermy
06-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Wow you look amazing! congratulations! I almost decided not to go to the gym today but your story and photos inspired me to continue. Great job! :cheer:

dancerindenver
06-24-2010, 09:20 PM
You are a rock star! So impressed by all that you've accomplished and you look FABULOUS! Hope to run into you two on hike one of these days ;)

kaylasmom010
06-24-2010, 09:41 PM
I enjoyed reading your story. Congratulations!!! Job well done.

saef
06-24-2010, 10:27 PM
You look great. I am so happy for you. You were so right to get the new set of pictures taken. You're radiant in them. And you know what I admire (and covert) in particular? In that picture when your legs are pulled up toward the camera, when you can see the outlines of your kneebones through your jeans. Because those are a runner's legs. You made those legs. Forged them through sheer will.

Now tell me ... did the evil trainer you kicked to the curb ever see you now & how you look? (Not because I feel vindictive on your behalf or anything .... ;-).

Fat Pants
06-24-2010, 11:01 PM
You look great. I am so happy for you. You were so right to get the new set of pictures taken. You're radiant in them. And you know what I admire (and covert) in particular? In that picture when your legs are pulled up toward the camera, when you can see the outlines of your kneebones through your jeans. Because those are a runner's legs. You made those legs. Forged them through sheer will.

Now tell me ... did the evil trainer you kicked to the curb ever see you now & how you look? (Not because I feel vindictive on your behalf or anything .... ;-).

Thanks, Saef. That means a lot - especially since I've somewhat "followed" your journey for the past few years... I've learned a lot from you. :) Probably the biggest compliment I've ever received is when people tell me I "look like a runner."

Unfortunately said trainer got fired for stealing money from the gym of all things!! So unfortunately no chance to see him again, unless I run into him around town. He was pretty egotistical so I'm sure he would think he had everything to do with my success. :p

Fat Pants
06-24-2010, 11:04 PM
You are a rock star! So impressed by all that you've accomplished and you look FABULOUS! Hope to run into you two on hike one of these days ;)

Well hey there! Glad to see you still around these parts! :) I agree we need to run into each other on a hike... planning to hike Bierstadt in July and Quandary in August!! :)

homiegiiib
06-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your story! You look amazing!! :)

lauralyn
06-25-2010, 06:52 AM
What a terrific story and you look amazing.

kylonaa
06-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Very cool story. Thanks for the inspiration!

girlieyorkie
06-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Wow. Congrats.

glenlorie
06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Wow!!! You look fantastic! Keep up the good work!!

Caro0811
06-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Thank you for sharing your amazing story! Its very motivating. Beautiful Pictures! You look awesome.

PinkTiara22
06-26-2010, 11:31 PM
You look great! Congrats!
One of my goals is to hike a 14er - haven't decided which one we're going to do yet.

SoonToBeHealthyHart
06-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Excellent job!! Hiking is something that I've always wanted to try. Thanks for the inspiration!

tymaboy
06-27-2010, 11:00 PM
You look great! I think you need to change your name from fat pants to small pants :-)

Halfhazard
06-27-2010, 11:47 PM
You look so great!! Also, I can't believe they let someone like your ex trainer into such a line of work.

therex
06-28-2010, 12:14 AM
you're story is so inspirational! btw, you and your husband make such a handsome couple, your photos look like they belong in a health magazine or something lol.

love114
06-28-2010, 12:19 AM
You look amazing!! Congratulations on reaching your goals!!

MablesGirl
06-28-2010, 01:18 AM
wow - congratulations! You look absolutely gorgeous. I love your story, thank you for posting.

BAILYBOO
06-29-2010, 06:48 PM
What a cute couple :) Congrat's on all your hard work.!!!!!

skygirl
06-29-2010, 06:55 PM
congrats on your amazing success and thank you for sharing! very inspirational! :)

TXMary2
06-29-2010, 07:00 PM
You look gorgeous!!! WTG!!!

KimL1214
06-29-2010, 08:48 PM
You're such an inspiration!!! I've always wanted to be a runner!!!

FunkieGurl
06-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Wow!! You've really inspired me, and you look FANTASTIC!!!!
Huge congratulations on your accomplishments!! xx

Suzie Parker
06-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Congrats! You look absolutely beautiful! Just keep on eating right and stay active and you will keep the weight off.

2fat4u
07-03-2010, 02:38 AM
WOW your story seriously inspired me, i could see myself looking at my before pictures thinking that this is the new me. you did an amazing job!

cynthialynn0313
07-03-2010, 11:39 AM
You look amazing! Your story hit close to home for me and was very inspirtational! Congrats on meeting your goal! I hope to one day have a story like this!

beth4365
07-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your story. You look so happy and so in love. May it always be so.

Thank you, again.

Onederchic
07-03-2010, 09:31 PM
You are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us :hug:

hurleee
07-06-2010, 05:34 AM
you are really beautiful. You look so happy in the new pictures. I love your hair and you are rocking those jeans! You look awesome! what a transformation!

kaelah
07-06-2010, 01:01 PM
You look amazing! I hope I look half as good as you at goal!

HeyChelle
07-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing.

Kimberly7467
07-07-2010, 02:14 AM
You look amazing! Congratulations on changing your life! :)

SpoonSockSpork12
07-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Wow...5'4.5", ~150 lb. out of high school, eating out sophomore year up to 165, suddenly up to 190 in a year, training for a 5K then half marathon....this is my story! Except I'm at the ~190 mark right now, just starting training for a 5K with hopes to do a local half marathon in October 2011. Thanks for this story, I needed it as I (re)start my journey!

makingthebest08
07-12-2010, 02:09 AM
It is really important o have goals but you must have the determination and you know how to discipline yourself.

inkdiva
07-12-2010, 02:12 AM
I definitely can relate to the comment about the wedding pictures. When I was married, I was at a very high weight (OK, 230- everyone else is being honest, so I will be too) , and although everyone told me I looked good, all I saw was the double chin and the big arms. I actually never even gave any of my family or friends any copies of my professionally taken pictures.

The marriage is over now, not related to weight-different story entirely, but I am joining this site because I am ready for a change too. I seriously could never think of putting the word marathon and my name in the same sentence, but we do have a 5 mile footrace in my hometown every spring called the Icebreaker. I usually walk the 3 mile. I am so not a runner, like seriously NOT, but I think it could be good to train to run the Icebreaker next year. Thanks for the inspiration.:)

Fat Pants
07-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I definitely can relate to the comment about the wedding pictures. When I was married, I was at a very high weight (OK, 230- everyone else is being honest, so I will be too) , and although everyone told me I looked good, all I saw was the double chin and the big arms. I actually never even gave any of my family or friends any copies of my professionally taken pictures.

The marriage is over now, not related to weight-different story entirely, but I am joining this site because I am ready for a change too. I seriously could never think of putting the word marathon and my name in the same sentence, but we do have a 5 mile footrace in my hometown every spring called the Icebreaker. I usually walk the 3 mile. I am so not a runner, like seriously NOT, but I think it could be good to train to run the Icebreaker next year. Thanks for the inspiration.:)

Yep, that's pretty much how I felt, too. I felt like every photo just focused on all the flub and chub! :lol:

I was SO not a runner, either. I hadn't run since my freshman year of high school, so almost 15 years, and I'm pretty sure I failed the mile test when I did. :)

nicolejoy
07-14-2010, 02:09 PM
:cp:

Thank you so much for the inspiration. You are beautiful!! Congratulations :)

jrain
07-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Your story is so wonderful, and it's great you've done this while you're young. I'm in my mid 50s, and started 2 days ago on Medifast, the first steps in a long journey. Better late than never!
I really love the idea of your husband hiring a professional photographer. That is so fitting. (no pun intended) Best wishes to you and your hubby.

freshsteph
07-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Amazing!! Congratulations! Thanks for the inspiration :)

oodlesofnoodles
07-15-2010, 01:21 AM
It must be that I'm also a runner but I love your goal story fat pants. You inspire me soooo much. I've read it like a million times but this is the first time I commented. I'm so happy for you, and you look really cute with your husband. :)

Belease
07-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Congratulations!

ahealthysarah
07-16-2010, 10:19 PM
WOW - first off - let me say you look AMAZING! I'm completely inspired by you! Secondly -I just joined this site yesterday and loved reading your story. It gives me confidence that I can do it too! Congrats!

EveLHaelf
07-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Congrats! You are absolutely gorgeous. And those after pictures are beautiful. That's one of my goal rewards as well. I was so plumped out at our wedding that i'm embarrassed to display them in my home. I figure if I get some nice ones at goal i can have them both up as comparison. ;)

gonnadoitthistime
07-17-2010, 04:24 PM
What a beautiful story, I am so glad you posted it, and I would bet there are many women with weight issues (and horrid men in their past or present) that are very touched by the fact your man has loved you through thick and thin!

Shaanon
07-19-2010, 11:55 AM
You look so healthy and wonderful. Truly aspiring! Thank you

Scilla
07-20-2010, 12:29 AM
you look ahhhhhhhhhmazing!!

BestMom22
07-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Wow. Your story is very similar to mine congratulations.

MrsDawsondn
07-23-2010, 09:55 AM
These type of stories really inspire me. Both you and hubby look so happy and you are one pretty lady :) I aspire one day to be smaller than my husband as I was the day I met him like a poster above said. That's kind of embarassing to admit but he doesn't seem to mind and is very supportive. So glad your hubby started walking and then running with you. I am signing up for my first 5K in 5 years (last one was in 2005 starting over again). I'm wogging (walking/jogging) at a very slow pace now a days but I do feel better physically. Not tired ALL THE TIME like I used to be. I'm on week 4 or couch 25K program may extend it for another week to get used to it but after all that ranting you inspire me!

Fat Pants
07-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Thank you so much everyone for your kind comments! I really could not have done it without the support I've found at 3FC. I've met some truly wonderful people here that have become lifelong friends!

I just started training for my next half marathon today and it reminded me of where I was last year at this time. There were so many times that I wanted to give up and feared that I had gone as far as I could go in terms of weight loss. But it turns out that was not the case at all! I guess I'm just saying, I was probably the last person anyone thought who would become a runner. I failed the mile test in high school and hated hated hated running as a teenager, mostly because I was embarassed about my size and being out of shape.

Weight loss IS achievable, it IS within your reach. It takes time, patience and a lot of hard work. One of my favorite sayings by one of the instructors at my gym is "you're not changing your body if you're not uncomfortable." It IS REALLY hard sometimes, especially when you just want to give up. But it's so, so worth it!!!

duckygirl
07-27-2010, 01:29 AM
You look fantastic and so very happy. Thank you for sharing, your story is incredibly inspiring and has actually moved me to tears.

Serval87
07-27-2010, 07:54 AM
What a great story! You are an inspiration. :)

tamaraj
07-27-2010, 10:53 AM
You look fantastic and are a huge inspiration!

Tamara

Willow324
07-27-2010, 03:05 PM
You are so beautiful! I feel more motivated to get back on that dreaded treadmill!

Sonata
07-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I know exactly what you mean about the wedding pictures. I weighed about 330 when we got married. My size 24 wedding dress is hanging in the closet and I've thought about putting it on to see how large it is, haha.

dudesmom
07-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Great story, thanks for sharing. This is the kind of stuff that I find so inspiring, knowing that someone went through the same struggles that I did or felt the way that I feel, and was able to overcome all that and be successful. It makes me feel like I will be able to do it too. And congrats, you look wonderful!!!

elleohelle
07-27-2010, 10:37 PM
what an adorable couple! i'm glad you had your husband to support you too!

oOPeanutOo
08-02-2010, 03:29 AM
Just adding my Congratulations to the already long list of them. You look amazing!

ktexas
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM
wow!!!!:cp:

Findmyself
08-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Great job!! Thank you for posting.

Kalymarie
08-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Wow you look awesome! I am a fellow Coloradoan and your story is really inspiring. Its great that you did Pikes Peak, I could not do that right now but I think I might make it one of my mini-goals. Thanks so much for sharing!

dancinginpaint
08-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Wow, I am so glad I read this because I feel inspired and I feel like putting my shoes back on and hitting the pavement like I did years ago. Thanks!

duhitskriss
08-06-2010, 03:54 PM
W0W! you look amazing!!! congrats!

makehistory
08-07-2010, 10:28 AM
You look amazing! Congratulations! Having your husband as a support system is so great, too. What a great story. You're such an inspiration!

in105days
08-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Stunning! I bet your husband is very proud of you!

katylil
08-09-2010, 04:51 PM
You look AMAZING! Radiant I think is the word! :)
Your husband must be so proud of you and you are so lucky to have a man to be so supportive of you and your dreams!
Well done, congratulations and thanks for the inspiration!!! :)

EagleRiverDee
08-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Great story- what an accomplishment!

I was completely able to identify on something you said about being so close to your husband's weight. I'm 5'5" and at my highest was 225. My fiance is 6'3" and 230. He decided to go on a diet (he likes to weigh 205) and I freaked out at the thought that I would weigh more than my sweetie. It wasn't the only kick-start to my weight loss but it helped!

I'd still like to know why your trainer turned out to be a tool. Did you ever tell that story anywhere?

BettyRubble
08-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Thank you...that has really made me feel I can do this and suceed. Big hugs and congrats:hug:

flafika
08-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Congrats! :)

mommy1028
08-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Big congrats! You look amazing and very beautiful! Thanks for sharing your story and being such an inspiration!

riing
08-17-2010, 03:01 AM
I just laughed like...yeah right. Me? Really? It took all my energy just to WALK 3 miles!

Like so many other people, in January of 2009, I set out for the gym for what I'm sure my husband and family thought would be yet another false start. How many times had I said I would lose weight? How many times had I gone to the gym, stuck with it for a few weeks, only to give up?

micaram
08-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Let me start by saying CONGRATULATIONS! You look absolutely amazing! My jaw dropped when I saw the before/after photos. You and I have so much in common, including weight/goal weight. I too am 200 lbs. and started running about a week ago. It really was difficult for me to even run for 5 minutes at first, but now i'm up to a 1/2 mile a day. Each week I will increase my running by 1/4-1/2 mile...

You just gave me all of the motivation in the world! It's amazing how reading stories like this can really uplift you and make you feel like you can do anything.

Again, congrats and you look amazing!

Wish me luck cause i'm now on the same path :( *fingers crossed

LovelyComplex
08-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Congratulations! You look gorgeous. :)

justjill124
08-17-2010, 04:27 PM
That's awesome! I'm training for my 1st half marathon. When I started, I DROVE the course and thought "You've got to be kidding me!" but now I'm up to 7 miles..what's 6.1 more right? =)

MomofCEL
08-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Thank you for your inspirational story! We are around the same height, age, and weight (pre-diet). I hope that we can become online buddies. I am just starting this journey and really could use the support! That is so great that you were able to finally do it! I can not wait to post my after story. Thanks again for your story and Congrats on the success! :carrot:

elaine19
08-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Inspiring and beautiful!!! congratulations!!!!

bigjosie
08-23-2010, 01:19 PM
wow you look amazing!

Missinternational09
09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Congratulations!!! Your story is such an inspiration for me. I have to lose the same amount of weight and can feel myself getting discouraged sometime but your story has truly given me the extra will power I need to keep going. thanks!! :)

roxy1434
09-03-2010, 12:33 PM
you look great!!!

Fat Pants
09-07-2010, 10:17 AM
I'd still like to know why your trainer turned out to be a tool. Did you ever tell that story anywhere?

I don't think I've ever posted it on the forums, but it's quite laughable AND I actually ran into my former trainer about a month ago - he didn't recognize me!

The guy is very good at selling himself. I was back at the gym in January 2009 but had not yet started running. He approached me one day and said he'd been watching me and could tell I had a lot of "determination" and "commitment" and do I want to work with him to help me reach my weight goal? I told him my goals were actually to run a 5k and hike a 14'er, so if he could help me develop a running plan so that I could achieve those goals, I'd love to work with him. He cut me some deal - $150 for 8 weeks of training, 3x a week.

By the end I think I'd actually only had 5 weeks of training with one training session per week. They were supposed to be at least 30 minutes but he spent most of the time on his cell phone and putting me on the elliptical - dude I can do that myself, why am I paying you? We'd never discussed an eating plan or a training plan to help me start running.

So when the 5 weeks were up, he said he would "cut me a deal" of $600 for another 12 weeks of training. I didn't want to continue because I thought he sucked as a trainer, let alone pay another $600 so I made up some excuse like, we're trying to save money and I can't really afford it. He got angry at me and said I would probably quit going to the gym, gain 5 lbs and then come "begging" him to train me again in another few months. Obviously that didn't happen and I went on to lose weight without his help.

He was actually fired about 3 months later for pocketing money. I guess he was convincing clients to pay him in cash and then not turning it over to the gym. THEN I saw him about a month ago but he had no clue who I was, and I never said anything because he's the type of person to congratulate himself for all my hard work. ha!

BellaLucia
09-07-2010, 11:38 AM
FP, you rock! I'd have given him **** for what he did but you gotta let some things go, lol. I had been planning on moving out of my parents' home but for now, I gotta hang in there.

flythinlyns
09-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, it really is inspirational, and your pictures are gorgeous!!!!

Also thank you so much for sharing about your tool of a trainer. I had a bad experience this summer with a trainer, and it really disrupted my progress. I paid a guy to train me, and instead he had his 15yr old "assistant" run my sessions:mad:

But reading your story, just gave me a really good boost.

JellEBeanDesigns
09-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I am inspired!! I just went to garden of the gods and want to do the whole hike not just the mile its like 7 miles in october I plan to walk the komen rAce for the cure in denver and the weekend before I'm doing 7.5 miles hike in Estes this inspires me! I want to do pikes peak for my Anni next year so July only 10 months ah I love the inspiration you have given me!

RobertsKitty
09-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Congratulations! Looking great!

LiannaKole
09-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow, congratulations! You went way beyond a weight goal - you're healthier and fitter now.

That's so inspiring to read.

pdxmama
09-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Thank you for posting this. I read the story and before even seeing your photos, I was near tears. Once I saw the photos? TEARS!

Thank you so much. Today was such a difficult day for me (wanting to give into a terrible craving) but I didn't. And seeing your thread has made me sure that I can get through tomorrow now as well. :D

HLS
09-18-2010, 05:42 PM
You look wonderful!

Lula Belle
09-19-2010, 02:18 PM
What an amazing story! It actually brought some tears to my eyes. This story is what so many people hope to achieve, and that many believe is impossible- but you did it. Awesome.

Ladybug2680
09-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Congratulations. You look absolutely awesome. :dance:

Jojo381972
09-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Congrats! What an inspiring story! :)

stellartadpole
10-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Thank you so much for posting! Your beginnings are so similar to where i am now. I too am 5'5 and have been around 140-150 for most of my life. That is until I graduated from college and worked at a job i hated for two years. Once I finally left 3 months ago, I took an 80lb weight gain with me. I was so miserable i didn't even notice.

Thank you so much for posting! And congratulations!

twinmommy9707
10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
wow, you look great. Very inspireing story

Dragonfly313
10-08-2010, 05:07 PM
You look amazing! Your story is so inspiring. Losing weight is so difficult it seems almost impossible at times, you are proof that it can be done. Thank you.

MzHopeful
10-08-2010, 05:31 PM
You and your husband make a super cute couple! Congratulations on reaching your goal! You are definatley an ispiration, Im glad you wrote this, it makes us all know if we put out mind to as you did, we can acheive it.

Emma705
10-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Very inspiring. Congrats.

ADelish
10-15-2010, 09:51 AM
So inspiring!! Thanks for sharing!

leopardtuks
10-16-2010, 05:09 PM
absolutely inspiring. :D

Marci123abc
10-21-2010, 04:07 PM
You look great!

LindseyLou
10-21-2010, 04:19 PM
WOW!!!! Amazing and inspiring story!!! :D Well written by the way! ;) Congratulations on your weight loss!!! You look fabulous!!!!!

Jellytot
10-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks for posting your story. You have just inspired me! I too gained and wasn't the size I would of liked to have been for my wedding. I also want to have skinny photos with my husband once I lose the weight. Congrats on the loss!

katybelle
10-21-2010, 10:37 PM
What an inspirational story. You look gorgeous in those pictures. :)

xpiratex
10-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Your story is very inspiring and you look awesome. Your husband and yourself look SO happy together. Well done on the weight loss.

China1008
10-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Wow! you are amazing! I am just starting out, but I am using you as inspiration!

sailyn
10-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Amazing story - you look fantastic! Such an inspiration - thank you :)

MsRatFink
10-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Thank you so much for sharing. I too battled Bulimia and it is comforting to know someone out there understands what happens when you are trapped in that viscous cycle. I am so happy that you were able to turn your life around and get healthy. You are a definite inspiration.

Just Jezzle
10-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Very inspirational. The pictures are gorgeous!!

Natoshial
10-30-2010, 09:38 PM
You look amazing and you have an amazing story. Keep telling it cause you never know who's life you are going to impact. You certainly have touched mine. Thanks!

socalfelicity
10-31-2010, 12:00 AM
soooo awesome! huge congrats!!!!!!!

katienail
11-08-2010, 08:58 AM
wow... very inspirational story.. you and your husband look so romantic..

fat chick 123
11-15-2010, 06:47 AM
wow very inspirational :) you look great!

galewinters11
11-22-2010, 04:02 AM
You look amazing. Proof that if you put your mind to it, anything's possible!

coshun2003
12-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raspberry 1984
12-12-2010, 12:21 PM
awesome story .. and great job :)

u r so sweet .. what a cute couple :)

Sarcasm Queen
01-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Such a great story! You look amazing!

I love looking through here, everyone's stories are great motivation helpers

alyssarof2012
01-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Aw you look great! You and your husband are so cute. =]

MellowJello
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Wow! You inspire me! You look amazing!

Tiffany lynn
02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Honestly I think u have just changed my outlook on everything! You loook so good. But most of all thank you for the story I like how you detailed everything that you did to loose weight. I might just become a runner =)

Esha
02-09-2011, 06:11 AM
*tears* soo happy for you!

Tamsin78
02-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Yayy!...wonderful story! It does seem losing often happens when the goal is not "how would I look in those jeans?"-the way I started out long ago. Best of fortune to you both, enjoy those runs!

shazia
02-11-2011, 01:32 PM
you look great,wish u happy life

shazia
02-11-2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slide-bike/lb/326.92/220/326.92/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Asherah
02-11-2011, 05:40 PM
you look great! and I am so happy to see someone who's at the end of a weightloss journey that so closely matches what I'm trying to do. you rock!! And anyone who ignored you when you were heavy is a fool, you look beautiful at any size!

hoping4change
02-14-2011, 03:25 PM
WOW! you look amazing! you are so inspiring...I have about 50-55lbs to lose and I feel the exact way you described :( As a wife, mother, enployed full time, graduate student i never find the time nor energy :( I am takign baby steps but I just keep thinking that I won't be able to do it :(

k15g15
02-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Your smile in those pictures say it all!

laueliz
02-19-2011, 07:06 PM
An inspiring story and you look great! :)

rainbow84uk
02-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Wow you look amazing, and even better, it's obvious that you feel amazing too! Your story made me cry, thanks so much for sharing it. I hope one day I'll have a story of my own to share... xx

JenB72
03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
You look phenomenal!!!! Congratulations!!!

CourtM22
03-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Congrats! you look amazing. Your story is inspiring!

Smiling_Sara
03-03-2011, 02:04 PM
*picks jaw up*

you look so awesome!

lovely555
03-16-2011, 11:18 PM
You are very pretty.

I am thrilled

LSUgirl
03-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Dear Fat Pants,

First let me say you need to change Fat Pants to Hot Pants. You look amazing and I'm so happy for you. Your story has inspired me tremendously.
Today I started over with my weight loss journey and I have about 40 pounds more to lose. Thankfully, I'm 20 pounds down, but had lost motivation and came here looking for help. You've motivated me so much and I'm looking forward to my evening walks once again.

I also want to tell you THANK YOU for supporting the Susan G. Komen foundataion. I'm a 6 year survivor (yes, at 39 years old) and this past February was mine and my husband's first time to form a team and walk. I was totally blessed when I put the word out to my family and friends that I was going to form a team and walk, and ended up having over 30 family members and friends join my team. We had a blast!! It was a very emotional day for me (never knowing what was in store and was scared all the hurt and pain would come back full force) but I'm so glad we done it. I was honored to be there amongst so many other wonderful woman who have either faced that same battle or who is still fighting.

You don't know what you've done for me with your story. Again, you look amazing and I'm so proud of you. On the other hand, thank you and your husband for your support on the races. :)

With Warm Regards,
LSUgirl

LoveManna
04-14-2011, 03:29 PM
You look great, those pics are so cute!

bandarina
05-01-2011, 05:35 PM
wow, so amazing!

cupcakesundae
05-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Awesome! Very inspiring!

snowboardgirl
05-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Wow...what a victorious story!
thank you for sharing...you look very beautiful. It'd be great if you and your husband renewed your vows and took another set of pix :D
You look so beautiful!!!

petitefleur
05-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Congratulations on your weight loss. You look fantastic!

evasmom
05-12-2011, 09:16 PM
That is so awesome! I really needed the inspiration today.

lostangel05
05-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Wow, you look amazing! I'm so excited!! I'm the same height as you and have about the same goal weight...so your pictures are a big inspiration! Oh, I also live in Colorado..southeastern part.

brizza
05-13-2011, 09:19 PM
i love this, what a motivation hoefully I will succed just like you!!
you guys look adorable awww ....

coming40andfabulous
05-22-2011, 12:06 AM
You inspire me - I can only hope my journey is close to yours...we have an almost identical start weight and goal - you've given me a vision I can succeed with.

Tricia Fierce
05-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your story!!! So inspiring!

sheramama
06-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Wow, this is exactly what I needed to read right now. Thank you so much for posting your story and the pics! You look amazing and now I have more of an incentive to hang in there!

Jenmichele
06-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Congratulations!!! Very inspiring!

OhThePlaces
06-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Your story is so inspirational... Thank you for sharing! I hope your ex-trainer sees you in the gym and feels like a total ***! :)

darius
06-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Very inspirational before and after photos - I always like seeing before and after shots; I get the most inspiration from them..

Dakotajewels
06-11-2011, 03:53 PM
You look amazing!~~

ariana
06-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Your story and pictures are so beautiful I cried!!! You are (and always were) absolutely gorgeous and now you're fit...the icing on the cake. :) Congratulations on running, that is so inspirational!

ONTOnlybluemomma
06-13-2011, 06:32 AM
you look like a totally different woman!.. One of my goals is to become a runner.. right now I can run on a treadmill for about 10 minutes but once I get out onto the pavement it's so easy for me to quit.. you have inspired me to start today on my goal of being an OUTDOOR runner.. thank you so much for your post.

everyonebutme2011
06-18-2011, 04:33 PM
It helps to have a love in your life that loves you as you are, but supports who you want to be. Keep healthly.

hhaffner
06-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Thank you so much for sharing.
This is so inspirational and congratulations.

patchymama
06-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Thank you for sharing, it made me a bit emotional and was a joy to read. Congratulations!

sidanne42
06-20-2011, 01:06 PM
I wanted to share my goal story because it was reading a lot of these goal stories that made me believe that I could lose the weight.

Where to start? I have been overweight for much of my life, though I was never really *that* overweight - maybe by 10 or 15 lbs. There are certain times in my life where other people made me aware of my chubby state, particularly my parents and a few mean boys in middle school. But honestly? Other than that, it never really bothered me too much. I think I made it a point to not define myself by my weight so I didn't spend too much time fretting over those 15 lbs. I am 5'4.5" and when I graduated high school, I remember weighing around 150 lbs.

In college I stayed around that same weight until my sophomore year when I started eating out ALL the time. Living on campus (24/7 dining hall) and having a naturally very skinny brother who was all too willing to join me on late-night Taco Bell runs put me up to 165 lbs.

Then there came THE GUY. The love of my young life broke up with me suddenly one day, and I couldn't keep anything down (ah, The Break Up Diet) and lost about 10 lbs in a week. I had a lot of anxiety/panic attacks surrounding the breakup and as a result of the initial post-break up meltdown, figured out that I could basically eat and throw up and lose weight. I got down to 130 lbs.

I can look at it lightheartedly now, but at the time my world was an entire mess. I dropped 35 pounds very quickly and for the first time in my life, people were complimenting me on how I looked. I was thin. Guys were asking me out left and right. People paid attention to me and I felt good about myself (as much as one can feel while hiding loads of emotional pain inside). Eventually I wised up, sought help, and went to therapy.

I met my husband at 130 lbs and maintained for quite awhile until I had my gallbladder removed when I was 22 years old. I put on about 20 lbs just from not caring, and just trying to eat anything that wouldn't give me explosive diarrhea or terrible indigestion. At the same time, I was commuting two hours each day, going to grad school and planning a wedding. It was a long, stressful year. I went from 150 to 190 in the course of a year. Most brides lose weight...yeah, I gained weight. On my wedding day I weighed in the mid 190s and when we returned from our honeymoon, I weighed just over 200 lbs. Getting our photos from the wedding was one of the saddest days for me... I felt like every photo just highlighted how large I was.

But even then, I didn't stop. After being married for two years and getting a job closer to home, I found myself staring at the scale at 213 lbs. In four years, I had gained over 80 pounds. I felt like crap. I looked like crap. I had basically become invisible at work because I was so ashamed of my body. I hated shopping because nothing ever fit. I couldn't keep up with my very active husband on simple things like walking around at the zoo because I was too out of shape. I was a professional dieter; I had tried and tried to lose weight over the past few years by counting calories and "exercising" like 20 minutes a day, twice a week. But to my dismay, I never saw any results.

Ok, so by now you're wondering what changed. Well, in summer of 2007, I signed up to walk in the Komen Race for the Cure 5k. My husband (who is VERY active and healthy) delightfully signed up with me and we began walking around the neighborhood. I wasn't watching what I was eating, but the nightly walks (which were very hard for me at the beginning) kept me from gaining weight. We completed the 5k race in just under 50 minutes. And then my husband said something that would forever change my life.

"Hey, we should run it next year!"

But this time was different. This time, I had a new idea. It wasn't just to lose weight. It was to do something I only dreamed of doing. So I set out two goals:

Run a 5k
Hike a 14'er (one of 54 14,000 ft mountains in my beautiful state of Colorado)

I told myself it didn't matter if I ran a 5k and still weighed 200 lbs... I was going to run it.

In February, I hired a trainer at my gym to get me started. My first day of personal training, I cried because it was so difficult. I was so fat, and so out of shape. I remember thinking “who am I kidding?” because it seemed SO impossible at the time. Run…. let alone run 3 miles?? Hike 14,000 ft and not kill myself in the process? Impossible.

My trainer turned out to be a tool (another story for another day), but I did get something out of it…. I started to see improvements in my physical fitness. I was doing things that, when I began 6 weeks earlier, I could not do… at least for prolonged periods of time. When my trainer and I went our separate ways, he told me that I would quit coming to the gym, gain back the five pounds I’d lost, and come begging for him to train me again.

That was really all I needed - for someone to tell me I couldn’t do what I had set out to do.

So, I started running. On my own.

Slowly I worked my way up to 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and so on until I was running 3 miles almost daily. In the meantime, I was losing weight like crazy by watching my calories by limiting them to around 1200 a day. I still indulged every now and then... all things in moderation. But after an occasional indulgence, I was right back on plan with eating and right back to running the next day.

My husband and I bagged our first 14'er in July 2009 - Pikes Peak. It took us 6 hours to summit...but I did it. I weighed 178 lbs at the time.

In September 2009, I went on to race in my first 5k - the Race for the Cure. When I set out, that's all I wanted to run ... 3 miles. But I didn't stop there. I completed my first half marathon (13.1 miles) two days before my 28th birthday in May 2010. Becoming a runner has forever changed my life. Losing weight is great, but the confidence I gained from accomplishing something that once seemed utterly impossible has affected me so much that I can't even really put it into words.

I reached my goal on April 7th, 2010 - just two days shy of 14 months into my journey. In all, I have lost 82 lbs, 56 inches from my body and went from a size 18 to a size 4/6.

Oh, and obviously I did not quit nor gain back the 5 lbs that my ex-trainer said I would. :)

And now for some photos!! As a reward for meeting my goal weight, my husband and I hired a professional photographer to take updated photos of us. I no longer am sad while looking at our wedding photos because I am reminded of the NEW ME every day!

I'm sure you can figure out what's before/after. :)
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/before2.jpg http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/fatb4.jpg http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/before1.jpg http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/bday.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/3.jpg http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/1.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/12.jpg http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/2fat4myjeans/26.jpg

Amazing story! Thanks so much for sharing your inspirational transformation!!! You make me believe I can do it too! And I love Colorado -- you lucky dog -- as we visited 3 years ago and my son won a gold medal in martial arts at the State Games of America, held in CO Springs at the Air Force Academy. Bravo! You rock!!!

Sidanne

http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/Tickers/Tickers/Images/Tickers/634440726107374111.gif (http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/)

tired of fat 2011
06-24-2011, 04:23 AM
What a great story and thank you for posting the pics. You look FANTASTIC in those photos!

xtina3179
06-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Wow, your story was so encouraging! You look great!!

Riestrella
06-27-2011, 10:48 AM
You look so beautiful! I'm so happy you were able to stick to your plan. I was thinking the other night "maybe I should sign up to run a 10k so I can't not train for it" and after your post I'm certain that I'm going to do it. I love running too, and it's the one method of weight loss that's worked for me.

Thank you for the inspiration!

hdallas78
06-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Wow!! What an inspirational story. It is amazing what our bodies can do with the willpower behind us to push harder! I've just run 5 miles for the first time in my entire life and I never thought a half marathon would be in the cards, but now I am bound and determined to do it this December. Your story has inspired me to keep on truckin and I WILL be able to do it!!

Joga
06-27-2011, 03:54 PM
You look wonderful....congrats and yay for supportive husbands! :)

ald41085
06-27-2011, 11:44 PM
You look beautiful. Congrats!

chel3fsea
07-13-2011, 02:56 PM
You look amazing and the fact that I'm moving to the Springs in two weeks makes it resonate very deeply with me. My boyfriend of 6+ years is just like your husband, SO healthy, so fit...it was so hard for me to get to the point where I wanted to lose weight, but now that I'm there, I cannot imagine a better place than COS to be. Thank you again or the amazing motivation, I just hope I can meet my goal as you did!

Soon2BSlim
07-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Amazing story.....and you look absolutely beautiful! I turned 40 this year and decided enough is enough! I started running in March, quit smoking in May, and now I'm really watching the food as well. I plan to be a gorgeous new me at 41 and stories like yours are a huge inspiration...thank you for sharing.

PS....your husband is like mine...met me skinny (130) and then I got fat. He actually proposed to me at my fattest. We both found ourselves good men to love us so unconditionally!

loosing40
07-18-2011, 02:17 PM
You look amazing, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Stardust620
07-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Wow, thank you so much for posting your success story! My situation is so similar to yours - including the gallbladder surgery and the goal of dropping 80 pounds. I just started on my journey and I know it won't be an easy one, but your success will keep me confident that I can do it too. Thank you, and congratulations!

lilneezy
07-24-2011, 02:21 PM
U look awesome!! congrats!!

Guinnessgirl13
07-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Wow, so awesome !! Thanks for sharing !!

tessendicott
07-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Your story is very inspiring and you look absolutely amazing!

DeeDeeHunnie
09-09-2011, 04:56 PM
What a beautiful couple! You rock! Congrats on your weight loss and with your pregnancy!

IDontKnow
09-13-2011, 05:12 PM
First, CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goals! But more importantly, for turning bad into good and for having what it takes to get there. Your hubby should be very proud of you. A supportive spouse can certainly mean the difference between success and failure. In my case, my wife was/is that wonderful supporting person.

I'm sorry about your experience with your trainer. I am a certified personal trainer/group fitness instructor myself and I would NEVER discourage any of my clients that way, even in an attempt at reverse psychology because most beginners are much too fragile for that.

Keep up the great work!

- Darrell

Windswept
09-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Such an inspirational story! You look amazing. Congratulations to you. I have so much respect for your willpower and strength. I particularly liked the part about deciding to go it alone when your trainer told you you would fail. You go girl!

precious anne
09-18-2011, 08:04 AM
F-i-e-r-c-e! you look amazing.

rainydays
09-18-2011, 09:49 AM
You're so pretty! The pictures are amazing--and your husband looks so proud of his hot wife! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

icandothis2
09-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Wow you look so awesome!! Great job and good story...Congrats on your pregnancy.... preg::preg:

None
06-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Unbelievable! You look amazing.

KatieBabyy
10-13-2012, 04:02 AM
Very inspiring (thank you!) and you look wonderful. Congrats!

FlabToFit
10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Sooo inspirational.thank you for sharing