South Beach Diet - I feel like I'm quitting smoking again

sweetbabyjune
06-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Annoying headache, restless and seriously craving some sun chips--all because I've cut out carbs for 2 days. I had no idea i was so addicted to certain foods but it really is an unconscious habit. I keep finding myself reaching for my former snack drawer.

At the moment it feels comparable to quitting smoking and that's the only thing keeping me going. I remind myself that I was able to quit cigarettes so I can live without carbs for 2 weeks. Still, I wouldn't want to have to live with me during phase 1

beerab
06-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Are you eating beans? That should help a bit- beans are what keeps me going during phase 1. Yesterday I made bean soup- you can see the recipe on my blog here:

www.thistimeits4real.com - just scroll down a bit. It's got 26 grams of carbs per serving BUT it's only from the beans and it's got 10 grams of fiber as well.

Black beans and kidney beans are great for phase 1 :) I think pinto is not allowed during the first phase.

This is another great link:

http://www.**/shoppinglist_p1.htm

If you scroll down it's a list of all you can eat in phase 1.

beerab
06-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Okay it's not letting me post this link anymore and I'm not sure why...

southbeach-
diet-
plan.
com

Mmckellen
06-22-2010, 01:39 PM
As a former smoker, I totally relate. You will go through withdrawal for a couple of days or so. Beans really do help, as does dairy. Keep on going and you'll feel great later. I sometimes go off plan on the weekends and also have a mini withdrawal again on Monday.

sweetbabyjune
06-22-2010, 03:11 PM
That bean soup sounds so easy & tasty. Thanks beerab.

beerab
06-22-2010, 05:00 PM
YW! Trust me the beans help :)